Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

When does the fun start? {Minamoto-Kono Residence} || Haruka

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi had been sitting on the floor in her room, looking over scrolls. She had just recently joined the academy with the intent to follow in her elder sister's footsteps. It seemed like it would be simple enough. She just had to go to a few classes and pretend to give a damn about what they told her, pass her Genin exams, and she would be on the road to become a kunoichi. Sumi wanted to be as formidable as her sister was. She'd always watched Haruka as a child, their age difference making her elder sister even more of a rolemodel. Haruka had always been able to do everything, while her age kept her from doing anything. But now she was finally old enough that she could accomplish anything she wanted. Even becoming a shinobi of the hidden stone village.

Sumi hated studying, though. She found it to be extremely pointless. She had always been more of a hands-on learner. She hated reading these scrolls and listening to teachers talk. She wanted to actually do the things they were telling her about, not hear them. She would let out a sigh, throwing the scroll on the ground. She would let her back slam against the floor, stretching her arms out to the side. This wasn't what she wanted to be doing. "Haruka!" She'd yell. "I'm bored! This studying stuff is useless!" Even if Sumi were one of those bookworms, she just liked having her sister around. Even if she would never admit it because of her desire to have a tough, rigid facade or even just her naturally stubborn attitude. She would let out a sigh, staring at the ceiling.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: When does the fun start? {Minamoto-Kono Residence} || Ha

Hands would be working swiftly through a skein of yarn that had been picked up from a little yarn store hidden in the crevices of the Aventurine Street. Haruka always found a moment to sit back and work with her knitting needles without any interruptions. Her son would be snuggled up in her lap while Haruka leaned back to knit away with her needles. She watched closely at the design that she had been working on. Winter was coming, so she was preparing a few different things for her son so that he didn't have to deal with the cold offending every bit of his senses. Right now, she had been knitting up a pair of tiny gloves for the boy. So having him here as a model was great. Even if he would reach up every so often to grapple at the work. That was why you invested on place savers that wouldn't allow the yarn to slip off of the needle. Her heart would thump rhythmically to the relaxation she felt. Whenever she got the time to snuggle with her son and just breathe, it was amazingly relaxing. It made her feel more centered than what she might've been previously.

Though, as a yell came from the room right next to her, she would nearly jump. Yikes. Haruka hadn't expected that to come from the room, but she would deal with it. "You know you gotta study to succeed, Sumi!" Haruka would retort, "I didn't get to where I am just by beating the crap out of everything, you know?" Well, maybe she did. But big deal! She was awesome, and everyone else smelled. The end. Placing her needlework down, she would hold Kei close to her stomach and stand up, pacing over to where Sumi was.

"Do you need help?" She'd ask with a small smile. "You know I just want you to succeed."
<i></i>

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sumi would fill her cheeks with air, frustrated. She wanted to be successful. But she wanted to do it the fun way. "Well, beating the crap out of everything is more fun than reading. Why can't we just do it that way? I beat the crap out of everyone and make them cry, then get genin, then become a huge success." She'd say loud enough for her sister to hear. I mean, come on. Beating the crap out of everyone should be enough. If they can't beat her in a fist fight, than she should get promoted and they should get on her level. She would look towards the door as she heard Haruka's footsteps.

"I guess I could use a little help... I just don't see the point. It's hard to remember stuff this way. Why can't they just show me how to do it?" She'd say with a sigh. What was the point in reading how to do something? Knowing how something is done and actually doing it were two different things. She wanted to be able to do the things the shinobi could do, not read about how to do them. "I just want to make all the boys cry, Haruka." She would say before crossing her arms. They were more of a challenge than the girls were, typically. That's why Sumi had made them her target. They seemed more confident which made her want to crush them all the more.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Where did such an attitude come from with her little sister? It seemed as though she had been more acclaimated to Stone than even she had. Then again, Haruka had the prowess to fight and be diplomatic. It must've just been based off of their teachings from their mother and father. "Sometimes, you have to be diplomatic about these things, too, Sumi." Haruka would state with a worried crease in her brow. She would stop in the doorway now with Kei held up at her hip. "They don't just grade you on how well you can bloody other people up. They also have to pay attention to how sane you can keep yourself. Do you think the village is going to employ someone who says 'shoot first, ask questions later'?" Now, she would grin. Was she teasing the girl at this point? Yeah, she kind of was. She couldn't help it. It was funny. Even when she was in Sumi's shoes, she still had a reserved nature due to the Jinchuuriki that ran rampant within her body. Even then, she had a similar personality to Sumi whenever her friends lives were in danger. She wouldn't hesitate to beat the shit out of people. And even now, if Kei, Sumi, Akechi, or Reishii were in trouble? Haruka would have to rip someone's spine out and strangle them with it. No questions asked.

It was a little problem that she had to work on. Those anger issues were just a little bit scary.

"Making boys cry? You're silly. Why discriminate against boys and girls?" Now she would give a grin, coming over to sit down next to her sister. She would place Kei in Sumi's lap. "Just try not to make Kei cry. He's still soft and pudgy." Reaching out, Haruka would lightly poke at his tummy causing the little boy to give a giggle, babbling out something that sounded curiously close to 'mom'.

"Now, what is this? What can I help ya with?'
<i></i>

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sumi repeated the word in a mocking tone. "Diplomatic..?" She didn't have the same respect for such tactics as her sister did. "Just because I shoot first and ask questions later doesn't mean I can't keep myself sane!" She was starting to get a bit flustered. Sumi and her short-temper. They should employ someone like her. Diplomacy didn't always get the job done. Her tactics might not be the best, but she felt like they got results. "Plus, whose to say another shinobi isn't going to shoot first and ask questions later? If you don't shoot first, you get shot. And i'm not going to get shot." She would say, crossing her arms. Typically when Sumi crossed her arms it was her way of saying 'you're wrong and i'm not budging.'

As Haruka placed Kei in her lap, Sumi seemed to calm a bit, however. She couldn't be frustrated with her cute nephew in her lap. It wouldn't be a good environment for him. "I only discriminate because the guys act like they're better. So i'm gonna prove that they aren't." Sumi would look down at Kei, smiling a bit as he giggled. Family was one of the few things Sumi really appreciated. Part of her reasoning in joining the academy in the first place was to be strong enough to protect them. "It's a scroll about.. Chakra or something.. Nin-whatever. I don't remember." Sumi hated studying. Her attention span was to short to pay attention long enough to actually comprehend what she read, so she was always left with bits and pieces.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Kaen.jpg

There is no YOU there is only me~

Minamoto. . . well one of the lasting names that this family of warriors and skilled tacticians in battle would note. Even to rival the Yukata in this country but it would prove certain that they were more to be recognized for their prowess as Taro, the very first Mizukage ascended to the highest notion of power in Water Country before his peril. Either way there were things to be thought of and talked about so without further adieu, enter daddy Taro. Flexing his fingers he wondered how long Sakezuki had been holding the technique linking his life force to hers and how long she could hold it before he'd again be summoned. "Hello my children. . ." Taro would walk in with his normal attire without the monkey of course.

"What are we talking about?", motioning his hand with a warp seal on his palm he'd pull the box of cigarettes from the side of the bed. Where Sakezuki was likely sleeping. . . who knew. "Anything I can help with?", he really didnt hear anything before he walked into 'Kami' knows what. Boys, girl things, he didnt really know but time surely did fly. "So?", he's spew whilst lighting his cigarette to begin listening to his family.

[OOC: Was given permission a while ago to rp with the IWR to Sakezuki, Minamoto Taro.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Her sister made her want to laugh. She was actually reminding her a lot of how she acted when she was around her age. Thinking back in silence, the young woman couldn't help but reminesce over the fact that she always wanted to beat everyone in her class. After all, they always wanted to act like she was some kind of bratty princess who had it easy... Oh, how wrong they were. If she acted entitled? Her mother would have something to say about that. Yikes. And you did not want to anger mom. Sumi knew that, she knew that, and she was sure that Kei would learn to respect his grandmother as well. Plopped down next to Sumi, she would lean back elbows. "Don't feed me that stuff, Sumi. I already know all about it." A small snort would come from her throat. "When I was your age, I worked hard to embarrass everyone in my class. Not just the boys. Even though, yanno, a boy made himself my rival." She would roll her eyes a slight bit. Sometimes... People were strange. Oh well. "And if a boy does that? By all means, kick his ass. Show him what's up." Reaching over, she would boop Kei's nose just lightly. "Sorry about my language." She would murmur to the small boy more than anything else. He would reach out and grab at her finger, tugging lightly there. Yoink! A grin would cross her features and she would pull it away slowly enough so that she wouldn't cause him to begin crying. After all, this was a study session right now.

"So you're learning ninjutsu?" Came the older woman's response as she furrowed her brow together. Curious... She very naturally took to Ninjutsu. It was not hard even in the slightest for her... But perhaps Sumi was going to end up pursuing a totally different skill set than she herself? After all, hers had been dictated from her very birth. Peh. Using her hand and meld of her chakra, she would cause one of the scrolls to swiftly lift up into the air and she would read it over now. "So basically it's just about how you're going to use your chakra to use ninjutsu. The basics, really." She would speak, her icy blue eyes continuing to scan over the scroll. However, the scroll would drop down to the ground in a cluttered mess as a very familiar voice crossed her ears. Queue the clenching of her teeth, only to relax her jaw swiftly. Smile, be casual. Don't pretend like your parents hadn't dropped off of the absolute face of the earth.

Yeah, like that was going to be anything near easy. Reaching out, she would pick Kei up and simply flop backwards onto the ground in a huff. She would allow the small boy to sit over her solar plexus as she idly played with his hands and fingers. "Ninjutsu. Chakra. Those kinds of things." She would murmur quietly, listening to the serene giggle of the small child as she played around with him. Weebles wobble, right? Well, the weeble known as Kei would soon fall over, one hand pressing against Haruka's nose, and the other jabbing into her eye. Queue the flesh pulling as he attempted to set himself back upright.

"Kei, you're hurting Mommy..." She would grunt out.
<i></i>

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sumi would keep her arms crossed. She wasn't 'feeding' Haruka anything, it was the truth. She refused to be taken down because she hadn't acted. She would glance at her sister as she heard her snort, though. Upon her approval however, Sumi would uncross her arms. "Well.. I wouldn't just do it to the boys.. It's just the girls don't feel like as much of a challenge. They all look frail to me. But I wouldn't let them get away with it either." She wouldn't let anyone get away with disrespecting her. If they dared to challenge her, she would fight back. Not fighting back would be dishonorable and accepting that she was weak. And she was not going to be weak. Sumi wanted to be at the top of her class, no matter how much work it took.

Sumi would nod her head to Haruka in reply. "Yea... It's hard, though. I know it's just the basics, but it has a lot of different stuff. Plus.. I'm really bad at reading sometimes. I remember better when I do it, but I can't do it without reading to learn how to do it." She watched as her sister dropped the scroll and her jaw clenched as a familiar voice filled the room. She didn't quite understand the reaction. As Haruka picked up Kei and laid on the ground with him, Sumi looked to their father who she hadn't seen in so long. A smile easily fell upon her face before she would stand up, going straight to him. Her voice was filled with excitement. "Yea. Haruka is helping me learn, so I can be a good shinobi. Like her, and you, and mama. I signed up at the academy and everything!"

Sumi was still young enough that them leaving felt forgivable. Yes, them falling off the face of the earth hurt. But she was young enough that she still felt a thirst for their approval. She wanted to know her father felt pride in her actions. She had her sister to help raise her, and when she was proud of Sumi it still felt great. But it wasn't the same. Sumi would glance over at Haruka and Kei from her place standing in front of her father, giggling slightly. She hated it when Kei accidentally hurt her, but she couldn't help giggling a bit when he did it to others. She loved her little nephew.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Nodding to Haruka he would prolong the lighting of his cigarette for a moment. Just listening how straight she was, she reminded him of himself around his father. So Stern always postured and poised. Just as he raised her. She was turning into the stout leader he knew she could be. Then with everything in him he couldnt help but swoon to the thoughts of his young daughter Sumi clinging to the pride of the Minamoto name. It made him chuckle but he tilted his body down and began to flex giving his epic father face. "OOooooh YEAAH~~~ SUMI! You're gonna whoop all those other boys and girls in the school! You've got the Strength of Minamoto Tsyuami! Your Great Grandmother! She was dubbed one of the strongest to ever hold the name Minamoto! And with the poise better than even myself! With the help of Haruka, Your mother and myself! You've got it babe!", he'd continue flexing throughout his statements.

More over it was something to say that Taro was more invigorated by the tenacity of his younger daughter that his elder had long lost. She was so. . . like him as Kage. It was odd. Then again she was his spawn. It was undeniable. "Hehe! But if you need any help I think your mother knows where my Alligator Blade is. . . Then maybe I can start physically training you!", he'd smirk before looking to Haruka, "Ruka. . . I heard the announcement. . . How is everything going with that?", nodding he worried about his daughter. He had to. That was the fatherly thing to do. Then again, he really cared about her getting killed for no reason. . . then again. If she got killed she'd likely die a warriors death. So he'd still be proud.

OOC: Fun fun.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Pulling Kei away from her facial features, the young woman would push herself up into sitting position to watch as Sumi and her father would interact, she would let out a small breath. Did she feel a better bit of... jealous? Kind of, yes. But she couldn't help it. Her eyes would narrow a bit and she would cast her gaze off to the side. The green eyed monster was something that she found herself struggling with. A small hand would reach up and grapple onto her hair, and now she would be forced to look down at her small child. Leaning down, she would press her lips against his forehead now. Why did her son actually look like the spitting image of her father? It made her want to roll her eyes. Blue-green eyes, blonde hair. He was a part of the damned genetic lottery being a Yukata and a Minamoto, but he followed the direct line of her and her father. The small boy would give a giggle as he felt his mother's lips plant against his forehead. "Dad, your blade is on your wrist." The young woman would speak out in a gruff tone as she lifted up her blue eyes to look over at him. Even she knew that. Why was he so scatterbrained? It made no sense sometimes because he was meant to be a fierce leader, loved by many. She guessed that it didn't mean that he needed to be anything around the way of uh... smart? Just charismatic, she guessed. Then again, she was about to state something that wasn't very smart of herself either. Her eyebrows would knit together in confusion and then she would begin to speak:

"Announcement? I don't remember announcing that I'm getting married." She would state in a confused tone, but as soon as the words left her mouth, she would pause. Wait, he probably... Oh fuck, he must've either meant her announcement about Kamaru being declared kill on sight or her taking over the reigns of Tsuchikage. Then, a hand would clamp over her mouth and her cheeks would become decorated with a scarlet coloration. There was no taking it back now. Everything was on the table now. She would place Kei down to stand up and then she herself would stand as she held onto his hand. She didn't dare look at Sumi nor her father. Too embarrassed.
<i></i>

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sumi hadn't noticed her sister's jealousy. She hadn't meant to make Haruka jealous, that much was certain. She was overwhelmed with excitement, however. As her father began to flex and talk about her great grandmother, she felt her spirit grow, almost as if lit on fire. She felt stronger than a raging flame. "Yea I do! When I graduate you'll be there, right?" She'd ask, her eyes bright with hope. She was sure he would come, so long as he didn't fall off the face of the earth again. But what he had said next made her forget her own question. Her jaw dropped, eyes wide. "Really? Yea! I want it! I can really have it?" Sumi's hands were clenched into fists, held to her chest. Part of her wanting to scream with excitement, but she wouldn't. "Yea, Daddy. It's on your wrist." She couldn't believe it. Sumi felt super lucky. Not only did she have her sister to support her through her studies, but her father was willing to give her his Alligator Blade and help her physically train. There was no way she wouldn't be a success.

As her father looked to Haruka and asked her a question, Sumi focused her attention there as well. Her sister's response shocked her. "What? You're getting married?! Why?" She would ask in a tone that resembled disgust. Marriage was gross. Sumi never wanted to get married. "... That means you have to like.. Cook and clean. And be... Wife-like. Don't get married Haruka!" She would cross her arms. Now she was the one who was jealous. She had a harder time hiding such feelings, though. She was visibly upset at the news. Sumi already had to share Haruka with her children. If she got married she wouldn't have anytime for Sumi at all. As if she had much time as it was with being the new Tsuchikage. "I don't want you to."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

"On my wrist?", looking down at the seal on his wrist he remembered instantly where he'd hidden the sword of their ancestry. Wow, how could he have been such a dunce? Either way, it was sealed there for a reason so he would manage to make things happen with Sumi quicker than he thought initially. Though, Sakezuki was such a bed monger these days she didnt get uo and do much aside from mount bodies. . . either way. Slapping his forehead with the palm of his hand he'd smirk and look at Sumi with a bright smile tapping the seal and revealing the blade to his side. Thought she would not yet be able to wield it. She was. . . not yet chakra strong enough to do it. It was something she'd have to unlock her eyes likely to do. Though, that was if she could. Not many Minamoto ever did. . . Haruka hadnt. Yet she was powerful in her own right.

"Well, when you can lift the blade. . . you can have it. Once you also lift it I'll teach you how to use it.", nodding he'd turn to Haruka as she chuckled off at her father with the notion of her getting married. . . wait. . . What the fuck did she say!? Taro's face would twitch as she said it after a moment. His eyes shifting into their Sharingan state for a moment as he would edge his way towards her as he twitched again, ". . .Fucking Married Haruka? NOT TO THAT DAMNED YUKATA BOY!", his hands would flex up to choke at her neck before he balled his fist to strike her face with all of his physical anger. Though he held back at the last moment his fatherly instincts catching him right before he might've taken off her jaw.

Though she was stronger than that. . .

"How fucking dare you, Haruka. You think this is all just some damn game?!", he'd clench his fist tightly shut as he'd begin to draw blood, but because of his resurrected state it was black liquid that dripped from his hand to the floor below them. Shaking his head. . . he'd just stare into her. Although, this was all if she was struck. If not, he'd just frown at her and shake his head.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A slew of curse words would dance throughout her mind. The first one coming to be from where her sister showed her blatant disapproval. Yes, she knew that at her age, boys were the scourge of everything... ever. Cooking and cleaning apparently was the worry at the forefront of the younger girl's mind and she would shake her head just a small bit. All stuff she already did now with her son. As much as she wanted to correct her... That would have to come another time. After all, it was not every day that you had an angry father coming at you with all sorts of misconceptions. One of her feet would plant backwards as she watched the man's eyes change into a strange manner, and her eyebrows would knit the smallest of bits. Huh-- Woah-- Shit, shit shit. As his hand rose up to grapple at her neck, she would suddenly snatch outwards like a snake would, her own hand moving to attach around his wrist. A very swift, sudden crushing force would take a hold of Taro's wrist. The motion of her hand would follow as he planted his fist right into her jawline. White hot, blinding, and oh so anger inducing. Her son would soon find his way over to Sumi just in time, an audible cry passing his lips as he would faceplant right into his aunts chest. Yes, he just witnessed his grandfather's wrist crunching like it was to be crumpled up like paper, and yes, he just witnessed his mother getting punched square in the jaw with it's own interesting crack and crunch. That was what happened when shinobi collided, though. It was harsh, and very unforgiving. Waiting for her sight to return to her from the blinding dose of pain delivered to her, she would plant one of her knees down into the ground. Squeezing her crystalline blue eyes shut for a moment, she would press her eyelids together hard to stabilize herself. Her silence was marred by the sound of droplets of her blood rapidly falling down to the ground in a straight line from the corner of her mouth. Lifting up one of her hands slowly, she would pry free a piece of one of the molars far back in her mouth from where it had now become embedded into the flesh of her cheek, and she would allow the crumbled tooth to drop to the floor as well. The blood that fell, however, would dance and snake up along Haruka's arm as she tilted her head upwards.

Her flesh stained a deep crimson, giving away that it was about to become a nasty bruise there. Though, her eyes had finally cleared away and she looked towards Taro for a few brief moments before her hand would suddenly lash upwards, attempting to slice right through his wrist to cut off his hand. Surely he would have it back soon enough from her mother. The message remained the same, though. "You've grown weak," she would murmur, pulling herself up to a stand. The blood would dance around her body like a snake, menacingly existing there as she watched him. "I've killed men for less." She would draw in a slow breath as her blood continued to cascade from her lips. She didn't seem too phased, though. Reaching behind her, she would hold her hands behind her back and hold a proud stance as she watched him, as cold as ever. "I am marrying Uchiha Akechi, hoping to bring fruition to his desires and goals with the Uchiha clan." She would close her eyes again, tilting her head to allow it to pop and crack down aong her spine. "Do you think what I'm doing is a god damn game? Because I don't. I am no simple housewife. I am not just a mother. I am the god damn Kage of this village." Now her eyes would reopen, a strange pink flicker dancing through them like the constellations of the night sky before it would fade away once more. Her tongue would dance from her lips to lap away the blood that collected there. "Fall in line, or find yourself six feet under again. I don't care." A lot of people would call this a breaking point for young Haruka.

But who wouldn't be sick of being shoved around?

"And you, get your homework done." Haruka would speak, pacing over and picking up her son to hold him at her hip. With that, she would soon shove past Taro in attempts to leave the room.

[ Topic Left unless Stopped ]
<i></i>

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sumi's expression grew with excitement as her father revealed his weapon, before her excitement quickly faded to disappointment. How was she going to lift it? She wanted it now! Sumi hated waiting and had always been impatient, which he knew. She felt like her father was toying with her now. How unfair. "Why? That's not fair!" She would yell, crossing her arms and clenching her jaw as she showed her dissatisfaction. Her own dissatisfaction would soon fade into the background however, as her own father showed the short temper she was known for. She had to inherit it from someone, right? She would flinch as things quickly unfolded before her, finding her nephew on her chest and quickly wrapping her arms around him and scooting back. Sumi couldn't help but feel fearful of what was happening before her. Her father and elder sister were both great powers to be feared. She realized that her responsibility in the matter was to protect her nephew first, she would rock him back and forth in her arms attempting to comfort him.

"Haruka! You can't do tha-" She would start to yell in response to her sister's threat to put their father six feet under, her face still struck with fear. Sumi would be cut off by her sister's demand that she complete her homework and took her nephew from her arms. Her attention then turned to her father, worried about his rage and if he would continue. She hoped that both of their tempers had diminished, but she highly doubted it.

[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back