Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Where the Sky meets The Tempest [Private]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths

He had been back in the village for a few months now, and to his disappointment, their wasn't much to do when he initially got back; nothing caught his eye, or even drove him to do something. That was until one of the village sentries informed him of a interesting genin, who matched the kind of student he was looking to train. She was supposedly a young Santaru from a Branch Family, much like his father was from. He picked the file up from his desk and studied the documents, Sayomi... Let's teach you the ways of the Storm Callers. He quickly scribed a letter for the young Santaru to meet him on the outskirts of the Village built on Clouds, it would be there where she'd begin her training.

"Greetings Sayomi,

I have received word that we are of the same blood. If you can feel The Storm coursing through your veins, than I have much I could teach you of our blood. If you wish to further your pursuit meet me at the outskirts of The Village built on Clouds, you will know it's me when you . I look forward to speaking with you in person.

Best Wishes, Yours Truly,

The Tempest of Kumo"

He placed the letter in an envelope and sealed it shut with a wax stamp with the symbol of Kumogakure. Make sure she receives this letter, I'm going for a walk. Reroute all my calls to Takaki Saeko. The sentry nodded and vanished from sight, and now it was time for him to mobilize.

Kouin took his time traversing the village as he made his way to the rendezvous point; the sky was cloudy as usual, but by Kumo standards the sky was clear and the air was crisp and fresh as usual, it was the perfect weather for a Callers training, whether young or seasoned. It had been sometime since he had encountered a young one in the village; chakra users in Lightning Country were becoming a rare occurrence, so even if a Santaru was birthed, no one would ever recognize them if they couldn't mold and control the weather; Kouin wouldn't let this young one fail.

The man had reached the point he detailed in the letter, he stood peering out into the distance at the cusp of a mere step into oblivion. Now all he could do was wait to see if the young one would show.

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The situation felt so very hazy altogether, for out of the blue, a new person entered her life carrying a missive from a mysterious benefactor, or at least, that was what she hoped it would be. The objective was clear enough, meet a person on the outskirts of the village which seemed more than suspicious to her, especially since it was possible that she could harness the kekkei genkai of her clan making her potentially a valuable asset to a powerful clan and the Village Hidden in the Clouds itself. However, the identity of the self-proclaimed "Tempest of Kumo" was shrouded, making her wary of the entire meeting. Not that she would turn it down, holding the slightly crumpled and once-folded letter in her slender digits as she made her way towards the appointed meeting place.

Of course, the village built on the clouds was a large village so the outskirts was a vague meeting area and the young teenager had started from one area and quite literally walked around in search of the furtive letter sender, for despite asking a handful of people about the nickname beforehand, no one seemed to offer any further insight into the author's identity. It kept the young teenager constantly on edge as the sun began to set and she constantly looked around her for any sight of the person, but encountering not a single living soul. And then she prayed that the person was, indeed, living.

And then, when nearly all hope was lost, a man, thin and young, though older than herself, appeared in the distance, the only person that she had seen the entire trip that could even potentially be the one who had sent for her. Sayomi's feet stopped moving on their own out of a strong sense of self preservation, rethinking the possibility of meeting this man completely before finding a new found resolve to continue as the brunette unfolded the letter and held it with both hands in front of her chest.

"H-Hello? Did...were you the one who sent the letter? My name is Sayomi...Sayomi Santaru?" she queried softly in confusion, her head tilted slightly, her gaze cast upon his feet rather than his face, not daring to raise it.

[wc: 372]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
BGM: NOTICE: Believe in me, that believes in you

He had been standing their just under an hour when it dawned on him that his directions were lacking actual direction. While someone familiar with the village wouldn't have much trouble in knowing the area, he couldn't very well expect a youngling to know everyplace inside and out. Though he saw this as a valuable way to test her desire to improve. Time was a valuable resource in this day and age, though through his training he wasn't quite affected by the passage of it as harshly as others, I'll be waiting young one, prove me right by nightfall. Though it was only early afternoon and nightfall was more than enough time for Sayomi to find him, maybe too much time, but he understood the suspicion of getting a letter from a random envoy, signed with an alias can be.

As time passed by bit by bit, the sky shone less and less, though their was still plenty of light and time remaining, he couldn't help but doubt she might've become too lost and couldn't manage her way towards him, but before he could dwell on the thought for too long he shook the thought away. How could he expect to test her resolve to become stronger if he himself couldn't stand strong. He turned his head towards the village behind him, and narrowed his vision to try and peer through the mass of people; though he didn't find anyone that happened to be looking for a specific person. With a sigh, he turned back towards the sky with a pensive gaze. Maybe she is testing me herself, wouldn't that be a twist.

The light in the sky was slowly becoming only a mere dim glow amongst the approaching darkness, though he could see the facts, he maintained faith in his young kin. He knew she had the determination to meet his deadline that she wasn't even aware of; he had to remain resolute for both of their sakes. He had no one to train him after the Mist exodus, and his siblings had all but disappeared off the earth. This young Santaru was the closest blood-kin that he could find that wasn't Saeko. Kouin had an obligation to help her, and in turn himself in bringing honor and pride to the clan. "Don't let me down young storm caller."

As he sat basking in the cool twilight air a body started to manifest next to Kouin. His body and face were thin with no blemish in sight. He had black hair that rolled over his right eye, which was covered by an eyepatch. He held a smirk and mocking gaze as he circled around him. "Well, haven't we been waiting a long time? The words seem civil in appearance, but he knew they were meant to mock him. "What do we, what do you have to gain from a tardy wannabe storm caller?

Kouin sighed at the mans futile assault, "Tensai, is such mockery really befitting for someone like you?" Though he was right, they had been waiting since the beginning of the afternoon, and the Sun was getting ready to set with the hour. He gathered his thoughts for a moment. contemplating his question. His gaze lifted to the darkening sky and drifting clouds, "I don't know. he only paused for moment before continuing, "And that is why I'm still here. I have been sure of my accomplishments and have been in prime form for quite a time." Kouin would stand from his sitting position and turn to face Tensai, "I wait because she can potentially be so much more than I. Even though she is not of my immediate family, she is still part of my blood. He paused again to gather his resolve. I owe her that much for the shame my father put towards them."

Tensai's mocking face became passive as Kouin began speaking; Tensai knew that Kouin's siblings knew not what their father did even if they were done with good intentions, but Kouin was always more keen and observant than his siblings. "Whether your intentions are good or meaningless.. He began circling Kouin once again, Aren't you forgetting, or simply ignoring a crucial decision you've already made? He gestured his hands to the sky above, he was clearly referencing the deadline he established

Kouin would glare at the suited man, The sun isn't completely set, she still has time. His voice stayed strong, but he knew, they both knew that she hadn't found him by now, she either isn't coming, or got terribly lost, but he wasn't ready to quit on her just yet; he'd give her the full time like he said. We both know you already know that she isn't showing.

Silence fell, but not because the light had finally faded, but because they both suddenly felt the presence of a person in close proximity; had they been so engulfed in conversation that they just ignored her? Before either of them had a chance to speak, she spoke up timidly with her face turned to the ground. He gave Tensai a smirk, "Told you so. Kouin would nudge for him to reform back into his sword form, and would approach the young Sayomi, and placed a hand on her shoulder. He would kneel down to meet her face with a smile, "Well you can't very well see who am looking down her now can you? He would chuckle a bit and proceed with his introduction, I am Santaru Kaze Kouin, The Tempest of Kumo, at your service mi'lady.

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How often it was that she would wonder whether to run back instead of meet the potential villain was beyond count, especially with the absurdly vague directions to a new genin with very little experience out of the academy and she took a deep breath in the high altitude of the mountain range and continued the long trek to the mysterious goal. After all, it had been quite some time still that she had set out on this mini-journey, it would be a shame and a waste not to see it through until completion. Anything started should always be completed, or so she had been told once in the past. Sayomi certainly did not know what to expect of the mysterious letter writer, except that he seemed to have information about the Santaru clan (something most people had greater knowledge than she did, honestly) and that he had rather lovely penmanship which meant he was probably of a higher class than her lowly station as both of her parents possessed abomitable writing ability and she was not very fond of her natural talent either, though strove continuously to rectify this personality flaw.

Despite not knowing what to expect, what she found was certainly not anything remotely what the vague image that had formed in her imagination had been. It certainly was not the devastatingly brutish villain which she had imagined due to the terrifying fear which would often captivate her better judgement. In fact, this person looked very pleasant, though certainly above her lowly status if she were to judge based solely on appearances. However...was...he talking to himself? Or was there a person there? The daylight that waned in favor of the moon's glow decided to play tricks on her senses it seemed and she was beside herself with confusion and a bright crimson hue would form upon the rather sickly pale skin of the teenager's cheeks as the man lowered himself to get eye-to-eye with her. The closeness was quiet uncomfortable for a youth stricken with the curse of social anxiety and immediately the genin began to tremble slightly despite her best efforts to appear to remain composed. The forced eye contact only served to intimate her more, but she nearly gasped, a hiccup result more than anything, at the mention of her surname attacked to his own, though the title was still a mystery outside the letter.

"S-Santaru?" she couldn't help but query, looking off to the side and trying her best to avoid direct eye contact out of sheer paranoid self preservation, as if maintaining eye contact would petrify the meek teenager or something of the sort. "I k-know there aren't many....active, in the Cloud, I mean. It's n-nice to meet you, sir," she said, finally using this as an excuse to back away from him and immediately went into a low bow of formality but also to keep him from getting too close once again and in this position she remained quite still. "I-Is there anything that I can, well, be of...assistance with to you...Kouin-sama?" It certainly felt odd using his given name with the honorific, but equally as strange it would be to use the same surname that they shared with the honorific as well.

[wc: 540]
[twc: 912]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
BGM: NOTICE: Believe in me, that believes in you
Skies were fading from the lasting twilight to the eternal dark of night, but few shimmers of light pierced the veil of the horizon ever so slightly, and shined on the young Santaru's face. He could the anxiety written all over her face, and shades of red highlighting her pale face. A slight frown broke across his face as she broke away from him and dipped into a low bow of respect. While he appreciated the sentiment, he wasn't deserving of such respect, especially from a natural, full blooded Santaru. Please, their is no need to bow, I am not deserving of such respect miss.

Regardless of his words she seemed resolute in her position; he began to circle around her to get a feel for her energy. Kouin stopped behind her, and patted her shoulder and straightened her out, Regardless of your families accomplishments or lack or, you, we still bear the name of one of the founding clans of Kumo. I am no better than, if anything I am worse because of where I'm from. He repositioned himself next to her and sat down on the ground, I'm originally from what was the Village known as Kirigakure, until it was frozen over. My father was a prodigy Santaru even if he suffered from severe amnesia as a child, he was something that came every few generations. My mother had a special affiliation with temporal mechanics.

He let a small silence grow between the two so she could process everything, I've read reports of how you're branch family has yet to produce an adept user in quite some years... Kouin didn't even need to look at here face to know that would hit home a bit, But! He quickly rose from the ground, turned to the young Santaru and came back down to her eye level, You asked me if there is anything you can help me with, and fact of the matter is I'm in need of little assistance, but I believe I have the training and knowledge to make you, a true full blooded Santaru, one of the strongest in the village. He would extend his hand out towards her, So its not what you can help me with, but what can I help you with? After all, we are family, and what is family for?

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would be unwise and abominably inaccurate to say that even Sayomi, young and inexperienced as she was, could not tell that the person standing before her was a powerful Shinobi and, honestly, he was rather intimidating. He seemed to have such confidence in her naive eyes and the way he waved off her 'respect' seemed to pose infinite questions to the teenager, especially since he introduced himself both in letter and in person with a title. Titles, to her mind, only befitted those of great power and importance and she did little to fully grasp the politics of her clan, having little affiliation in the past with such matters. As commanded, or more so, instructed, the youth rose to see the person before her, only to find him circling around, like a predator and was Sayomi now his prey? The brunette nearly jumped half an inch at the light tap on her shoulder and became as rigid as a board instantly as he began to speak.

Naturally, if there was one thing which Sayomi was accomplished at, it was certainly being silent and letting another person do the talking while she listened and processed the information. True to form, it was exactly what she did, staying upright even as the older relative took a seat next to her and forced her to try and mentally recant lessons from the academy on world history that never seemed too important, much to what was now her chagrin in this very moment, nervously forcing her to nibble on her own lip in shame and hope the possible inquisitive nature of her newly found relative wouldn't request a recital on her part. For now, she simply attempted to remember what he said, utterly unaware of even his father, Raiden, unless he spoke of their core diety, and put aside trying to dig deeper into any possible hidden behind his words and further indulge her own paranoia of the moment.

Not that it took much effort, but she was rather rattled by his next statement about her family, causing her eyes to change from looking off into the distance and falter down her feet once more, a feeling that the failures of her predecessors was directly caused by her own and worse. Her brunette and purplish eyes lingered upon there for a few moments more before being force up to look at Kouin once more, yet again flustered with an impossible request. Immediately, the weight of decision and judgement hit the petite shinobi hard as she backed up a few steps and shook her head, feeling it would be rather presumptuous to ask a complete stranger, especially a title bearer, for training, despite the invitation.

"O-Oh...N-No...I...I couldn't ask..." the girl stammered, taken aback and waving her hands, weakly raised, in front of her stomach, as if to ward off the notion. "I...It would...be presumptuous...I...I w-wouldn't even...know what to ask. I...I'm not exactly t-talented, Kouin-sama..." A true enough statement, especially in her own mind as her gaze drifted off to the right hand side. V-Very meager, at the u-utmost b-best...."

[wc: 518]
[twc: 1430]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back