Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Where to even start? (Private)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren had finally made it into Kurosawa city, where he had switched out a mask that he had just bought, for his old one. Putting his old mask back on, only people would see a cloaked person, whose mask was that of a face, with a cracked line down the middle, looking like blood was coming out, and the left eye was looking like it was crying blood.

The Medical Chief wanted to not be known. But he also knows only one other person, who would know him just by his mask. And that is why he is wearing it. She's family to him, and she is the only person he trusts with not just his life with, but the life of his family as well.

Going down an alleyway, the Chigokai paused, mainly to see if he can hear any blood flows, following close behind him, or if any of the many people around him are familiar. Once he was sure he was safe, Ziren rushed to the side of a building, scaling up it until he reached the roof, in which he rested there, looking over the horizon, as the sun was setting.

The masked man seemed indifferent from the view, but underneath the mask, Ziren couldn't have been anymore happier. He hasn't seen a sunset from a place high up since forever. If this was the place to reflect, now would be a good time to just sit and enjoy the view.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The Captain exited the place of residence she was currently staying at for the tournament smiling at the housekeeper sliding a few coins across to her."Thank you for the hospitality but I really must be going now. The food was great, I will make sure to visit any time I happen to be in Tea Country, see you around!"She called back waving at the elderly woman as she stepped out onto the street which as usual was bustling with activity and people shoving past here and there to get to their destinations. Strapping on her ANBU mask, she made her way through the crowds,some people looking at her to make some smart comment only falling silent upon seeing that grey vest and the mask. Most knew better than to accost a ANBU operative for something so trivial and simple. Regardless, Soku had no time for the issues of other people as her Sharingan suddenly veered to focus on a figure ducking down into a alleyway. Catching her eye, she quickly glanced around. A potential ambush? A trap? The Captain was paranoid and had every right to be since the recent threats to the village. It was the perfect situation to kidnap a Leaf shinobi far from home in a foreign country and her rank was one that could be ransomed. Damn Frost,she thought to herself making her way towards the figure suddenly catching a flash of the mask and cloak before the man disappeared."Wait...was that...?" She stopped for a moment to comprehend. No way...no freaking way.....

Suddenly inspired with a new sort of energy, she scaled the nearest building using the window sills and balconies to get to the rooftop nearest the alleyway and glanced towards the other side of the rooftop which held the mysterious man. She looked at his mask. That was...this had to be joke. No way that Chigokai had made it here, was that actually him. Suddenly breaking , her soft padded boots making no sound as the Captain launched herself at the Chigokai wrapping her arms around his neck."You freaking runt, you are back. You are actually back. Do you know how much I freaking missed you.?"She held on smiling ear to ear from behind her mask. She knew it was him, that scent, that body figure, she would recgonize the Chigokai anywhere and he probably sensed her a while ago as well."I missed you Ziren."She simply said finally lettting go.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This... This was what he was waiting for. He had heard her blood flow a while back, only deciding to make his move of isolation when he was certain it was just her.

Even after two years. Two years of being in a coma, Ziren would know the blood flow of Santaru Soku. The girl who is basically a sister to him. Even though she made no sound, her blood did, and the Medical Chief could tell that it was filled with adrenaline. He turned around just in time for him to kind of get tackled, arms wrapped around him. Even though he knows it is Soku, he was surprised by the sudden warmth. He hasn't really been touched or whatnot by anyone. Whether it has been a hug of love, or a punch of death, feeling another person close to him feels weird. Damn this stupid coma, making him lose who he is.

Ziren eventually out his arms around Soku, hugging her tight. "You sound surprised." Ziren said it in a joking manner, after a while. "It is going to take more than the very man who was ordered by Jirosho, who killed my parents, killed the caravan that took me in, to finish me off. I just needed to take a quick two year nap."

After she let him go, she said that she had missed him. Lifting his mask up, showing his face to her, he had a soft smile, a sad kind of smile. "I miss you too Sis." He looked back out at the horizon, taking in every detail of the sunset.

"How have you been faring, Soku? How's Konoha? Hope not a whole lot of things changed since I left, to fight the very last remnant of evil in my past." Ziren was curious. He sure did hope that Leaf was alright. That the war with Frost is over. That Takeshi is no longer the Hokage. He wondered who he might have taught so long ago, to be wiser than who they were then.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She sighed inwardly as the Chigokai inquired about the state of their village. It was to be honest lacking..there was room for improvement but such a thing was hard to come by when the enemy kept battering on their doorstep and that was the least of their problems to start off with."Konoha is just how you left it, Ziren. Frost still lingers on the outside and the village seems to be crumbling from the inside as well, I don't know what Takeshi has planned for the defense but we have more problems than solutions from what I can see."She said glancing over the city and it's many skyscrapers.. Kurosawa had prospered a lot since the tournament season had kicked off and the effects could be seen, merchant sales had gone up, more shops and buisness had opened and an increase in population, it was a joy to see all this from on top of a rooftop looking down on the city."I have also heard there have been some various changes in the Sennin."She added thoughtfully. She had heard some talk here and there but wasn't too exactly too sure about names and such, the details escaped her.

She turned to look at Ziren."What about you? How was your trip? I know it can't have been a walk in the park. That place is a frozen nightmare."She added the images flashing through her head, none of them pleasant. It really shook her to the core. Soku had not really traveled that much with the exception of Tea Country but the horrors that lay in that land she could only imagine. As a shinobi, you would think you would prepared to face anything, any threat that would present itself but the truth was, you were never ready. You expect something only to have it reveal itself at the most unexpected time, you were never really truly ready for what dark forces seek to throw the world into array. It was a cold but hard truth and something she lived by. "Did you bring back any gifts?"She asked jokingly in a attempt to throw in some humour. After all, they weren't here to have some sort of depressing talk on thier reunion, that just would not do.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hearing. Hearing of how Konoha was... It made him want to grit his teeth. Two years have passed, and still nothing has been fixed? No change for the better, Frost still being a threat... More problems arising than solutions. And changes in the Sennin?

"What problems exactly?" Ziren had asked. It troubled him to not know. To think of how the current Hokage has messed things up even more.

And then Soku had asked him about his trip, if that's what it could be called. He closed his eyes, and the flashbacks were coming back. That man... That murderer. And all of the monsters and creatures in the depth of that place. The people who have died to keep Ziren alive while he was in a coma... Ziren brought his right hand up to his head, he could feel his whole body shaking.

"Remember me used to talking about the man that Jirosho had ordered to kill my parents? The man that wiped out the caravan that took me in? He was there. In Water. I fought him, and all the other monsters and creatures that makes nightmares seem like sweet dreams. All that I've gone through, makes the Frost look more like a neighbor's annoying kids. I've killed I don't how many of those monsters. I've killed the murderer of my parents. And fell into a two year coma... How I know that? Some people found me, with all that had happened in Water. They brought me to a cave there, but were otherwise trapped with the monsters lurking just outside of the cave. With the intense cold, and my dark sage power, of sucking the life out of people to stay alive, which I guess came active while I was in my coma, made them pass away, until one was left. And then I woke up, and he died."

His right hand started to shake once more. But the Medical Chief kept looking out into the sunset. "That isn't all. After I woke up. I've been having flashbacks. Not of just what happened in Water. But almost every event in my life that was traumatic. From first meeting the murderer, to learning I was a Chigokai. From fighting my own split personality, to fighting Jirosho. Cutting off my own arm to save Hana from having her eyes ripped out, to the aftermath. Seeing Nitish being executed at the Gates. Water. Everything has come back to me. You know what's ironic? I am, or was, the Medical Chief, Combat Medic Head. And here I am... Diagnosing myself with PTSD." Ziren, truly sounded defeated. A man who was kicked while he was still down. He could feel as if he was going to break down and cry. Something he has not done for a long time.

It was good though, that Soku tried to joke, he has to stay strong, not just for her, but for his wife and children. Taking a deep breath, he looked at the sunset once more. He then heard footsteps, in which he was kind of surprised, since he was on the alert to hear blood. The Medical Chief turned around to see his plant contract standing idly by.

"Ziren human. I got a reply message from Cloud." Brōlu said. In this case, the Chigokai raised an eyebrow. He thought that he told Brōlu, if the plant trusts whoever gets the message, and if they have something urgent, to come to him. "The Nidaime Hokage appreciates your service to Konohagakure and that you are welcome in Kumogakure. Whatever trouble that you've gotten yourself into, whatever journey you have found yourself lost on the path of, that nothing will ever replace time spent with his family. You can't get it back and once it's gone, it's gone for good. Children don't forget and neither will the woman that you love." The plant basically said almost the exact what was said to him.

Ziren thought about what was said. This was the second time, that a previous Hokage has invited him to Kumogakure. But that wasn't what got him. The talk of his children, and his wife... The Chigokai has Leaf as a home... But his wife and children are in Cloud.

He turned to Soku. A deep breath. "Soku. I know our visit was brief, so I'll say this. A part of the journey is the end. To Leaf. I might just be as good as dead, for I think nobody has tried to come find me. But you. I'm inviting you to come by Cloud. Just please. Don't let anyone from Leaf know of my being back. I think it might cause more harm than good if they suddenly find I'm alive after these two years. That, and... I think I earned my time of just spending with my family."

Ziren brought blood out of his right hand and it formed a rose. Blood rose, his ANBU name. He gave the blood rose to Soku. "As long as I am alive. The blood rose will keep its shape. If something bad will happen to me, you will know." Ziren brought Soku in for another hug.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She looked past as Ziren inquired to what problems exactly had been occuring. There were quite a bit of problems actually, none of which pleased her to talk about but it was common knowledge by now anyways. She began to speak formulating the facts together as she saw fit."Well for one, from what I've heard, Mikasa is no longer the Medical Sennin.."She trailed off not continuing the sentence."There have also been increased missing attempts at the gates by shinobi due to recent actions inside of the village and I trust you remember our troublesome Academy students?"She asked a dark expression shadowing over her face. The news had been delievered to her throug her own means, Soku was not one to remain in the dark, if you were to prepare for the village's protection, you had to know what was going on every second of the day and night. It was a obligation she had to fulfill."Well, they are no longer of this earth."She said finally breaking the news to the Chigokai as internal grief racked her heart. Sure, they were children but that was the part that tugged at her. They were a pain to deal with but the manner in which they had been struck down put the Santaru on edge, she would never partake in such an action although granted she was not present at the time, the thought of such a memory digusted her and she tried to push it out of her mind."Things are going bad real quick Ziren and I do not like it. at this rate, Frost does not have to even do anything as this village eats itself from the inside out."

She clammed up after that tuning in as the man told of his travels in Water Country and the horrors that he had faced. In a sense, she was relieved for him, that he had gotten rid of the foe that had ripped away his childhood, finally achieved true vengeance for his parents the same way she had after striking down Moro Ibumo, it was a relief in a sense but also traumatic. His mention of a coma defnitely got her attention as her eyes showed nothing but concern at that."You were in a coma?!She asked worried judt thinking of the fact. She grasped the blood rose in her hand turning it over and over in her palms as she looked up at her elder brother giving him a sad smile as her eyes brimmed with tears."I missed you Ziren, I missed you every second, every moment without you was like a dagger to the chest. I understand that Konoha harbors no place for you anymore but for me despite what happens there, I have family there also to think about. Asuka, Yukio. Nibachi..and even Hoheto. I will most certainly come to Kumo to visit but I can't stay there Ziren and thats the part that makes me so mad,,so sad,,the person that I have been through hell and back with and knowing we will only be able to see each other rarely. It bites at me, hurts me but I don't want to turn my back on the others, Ziren. They're my family too, you and all of them. I can't just abandon them."She said hugging him tightly as the tears flow down her cheeks.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The things that Soku told Ziren was really a lot to take in... Mikasa... No longer the Medical Sennin? Increased missing attempts? And the crew... They had always found a way to get underneath Ziren's skin. And sure they are annoying... But they didn't deserve this... No...

His fist tightened and blood came out, right in front of him, making like a mock punching bag. With a swing of his fist, putting all chakra into it, he hit the blood punching bag, after which, the blood immediately absorbed back into his body. Anger. Something he only feels very rarely, but now finding it being more and more common.

"Sorry... I... They didn't deserve to die... Not as children. Not when they had so much ahead of them." Ziren said, thinking back at his own children. He needs to get to them.

He nodded, when she was surprised that he was in a coma. She went to hug him again, and as he hugged her back, she told him of that she can't stay in Cloud. "I know. I can't ask that of you. Just please, even a simple visit would be enough to make my day. And I'm sure my children would be happy to get to know their Aunt Soku." He said that part in a joking manner. "I no longer think of you as my sister, because, you are my sister now. You will always be the god mother of my children. And an Aunt to them as well. And I'll tell you what. I know what I'm about to say, is a very long shot. But once things settle down in Leaf. Once a change in Leadership is made. When you think it is safe for children to be rowdy and cause harmless troubles again. Let me know, and I'll come and visit you."

He put his hand underneath hers, having her palm up. She could feel her own blood pressing out of her palm. Ziren, of course, would stop if she won't allow what he's about to do. But if she lets him. Some of her own blood will come out and form a blood rose, out of her own blood.

If she lets this happen, Ziren will then say, "Just as my blood rose is filled with my chakra, yours is filled with your chakra and blood. Allow me to keep it, so I know that you are alive and well."

His thoughts then ran through his head. It was sad... Saying goodbye. He doesn't really know if he'll ever see her again. But... Somehow he has this feeling. A gut feeling. That he may.

If she allows him to keep the blood rose from her own blood, he will stow it safely in a hidden pocket in his jacket, before giving her a brotherly kiss on her cheek. "Soku. You are the strongest person I have ever met. And by that, I mean you have the strongest will. The will of a leader. Leaf has had its fair share of warriors. What it needs now is a leader. And I think no other person would be perfect than you for it." He let that sink in. After a few seconds, he then said, "I wish we can talk forever. But unfortunately, I have to go. I missed my children growing up. And Soku. This isn't the last time we ever are going to talk. We were both part of the same branch after all. What with all the secrecy. Just look for the subtle things when out of the Fire Country."

He then wiped the tears from her eyes, and gave her one final hug. "Stay you, and be strong. Don't change who you are just because someone wants you to. Who you are, is the best. And if you ever marry that Hoheto fellow. Please make it here or so. I'd love to be present for your wedding." He said with a smile. With that, he turned and looked at Brōlu.

"Ready?" he asked. The plant nodded and jumped off the side if the building. Ziren walked close to the edge, turned around and gave Soku one of his famous smiles, full of hope and joy. He waved to her one final time before he stepped backwards, putting his mask back on as he fell through the air.

Chakra going to his metal arm as it gently glides on the surface if the building, making his landing to the ground, non-lethal.

"Wow." Ziren heard a small, girly voice exclaim. He looked down to see a small white haired girl. Her eyes were ruby red. "Are you an ANBU?"

With a small smile, Ziren said, "Once I was. But then I became a ninja even greater than an ANBU."

From his mask, he could see the excitement in her eyes. Maybe... Maybe it was time to hang up the mask. Taking off his old anbu mask, one he has made almost ten years ago, he gave it to the girl. "If you are looking to become an ANBU. You'll need a mask. Have this one. I've made it years ago. But it might be recommended to clean it out. I've seen my fair share of battles while wearing that mask." with that done, Ziren made his way out of the city, where Brōlu was already at the outer city limits.

"What took you so long human." he asked.

"Just needed to be charitable for just a few seconds. Now. How about we get to a boat to set sail?"

(Topic exit unless stopped)

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She nodded smiling at his words as he spoke. This was what it felt like to have family, to have someone who had your back and would do anything for you. For once, the Santaru felt at peace since this entire fiasco had started with the village abut yet, her own brother was being ripped away from by the jaws of fate. It was true, he could not reside in Leaf but a trip in Cloud was in order. Perhaps after this entire thing with Frost was resolved, they could spend some quality time together. She had never seen Kumo with her own eyes but from what Nibachi told her, the scenery of the mountain range was beautiful and it was very,very cold. She watched as another blood rose formed and Ziren held on it. They both now had a part of each other in a sense and she gripped her own within her hand feeling the texture and pattern of the plant."Say hi to Hana and the kids for me.."She said smiling up at the Medical Chief, well, former Medical Chief, he was no longer of Konoha as much as the memory pained her. At the mention of Hoheto, a faint blush tinged her cheeks and she nodded."It's too early for stuff like that but of course, Ziren, you better not miss it, I'm making it obligatory for you!"She said cheerfully poking the man's shoulder in a playful manner. Alas, the time came for the farewell and she watched as his hands traced across her cheeks wiping away those tears. It hurt her both inside and outside but it was a truth she had to live with now.

She raised a hand in farewell as he made his exit and simply stood there as Ziren disappeared from view just standing there recollecting what had happened in these short few moments. The reunion had been short but emotional. She was sure she would see him again but only time would tell and time was an unpredictable thing. Looking down at the blood rose, she smiled as she pocketed it and leapt down to the alleyway from the building overlooking it walking towards the streets."Maybe I'll be in Cloud sooner than you think, Ziren."She said to herself smiling as she joined the crowd of tourists bustling towards vendors here and there. Nibachi could help her out there, he had been to Kumo before, perhaps he could put in a good word for her though it did not help he had been promptly turned away at the gates for no documentation by none other than the Raikage himself. She frowned at that. She really would have to visit soon. But for now, the headband of the Leaf village that sat snugly around her forehead glinted brightly in the sunlight as she walked."The Will of Fire lives on.".
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back