Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Where two roads meet! [Eros event topic]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She felt her hair becoming as smooth as she had ever had it before. She had done as she was told and brushed it until there was not a single knot. Her hair was short only to a little past her shoulders. She had asked Rinko for help considering she knew things about this that she did not. As she moved her hand through her dark hair she gazed at her brown eyes and sighed a little. She really was going way too hard to look nice wasn’t she?

She placed her mirror and brush down. She stood up slowly and walked backwards to she could look at herself. She decided, despite all protests from herself, she decided to wear a skirt. It was cloud in cloud why did everyone still wear these types of clothing? She decided to go with a blue skirt and blue top with a yellow shawl over it. She had even gotten her ears pierced for this...they still hurt but she did manage to put in some basic earrings. She didn’t have anything else to make her flashy. She was basic in most regards but even Rinko said she looked fine.

There was this ticket she submitted that she thought at first was a joke, only to realize that eventually she got a letter in the mail informing her of what was to come. She was going on a blind date. A person by the name of Suzuki Setsu was supposed to be her partner. She had no idea who he was or anything really but the idea of date was not terrible. She had mentioned such things with Osuteno so maybe this would at least be a first good experience.

She had been told by the company that they would be filmed during their date but that they would also handle any normal expenses. This made her feel very uncomfortable but she guessed it was going to be like anything else. If she dated in the future people might watch…? It was a loose theory but if it got her to speak and act somewhat normal then…

She looked annoyed. At this point in her training she felt uncomfortable as such she did take a small purse. She figured in case she needed to pay for something and in case anything happened she could use a ninja scroll. It was weird now that she carried around weapons...but it felt right at this point. Besides Setsu was going down the same road...he would understand...right?

She took the keys from her table and left her small apartment, thinking she had better get their at least a little early. She did not want to be late…

-+-+-+-+-+

As she got the the meeting place she looked up at the statue. Aion the Dawnbringer and his fountain...this was where they were supposed to meet. As she looked at the statue she felt new determination. She believe in Raiden and his power and as such she also highly respected Aion. It only made sense to have their blessing. She took up her hands and sent up a prayer to the both of them. Hopefully this would go well.

As she looked around she noticed multiple camera crews setting up. This event had quite a few blind date couples getting together. As such she moved over to find the group that would be recording them. As she came over though one person shouted at her, “Shh! No no go back! We need to film the meeting. If he is as early as you we will miss it. Just pretend we do not exist!” She blushed a bit and nodded returning to the statue.

As she waited she really wondered what Setsu looked for in a girl. They did not really get much information about each other other than their names and a general description. She looked down at her shoes and realized she probably should have gotten new ones...this outfit was new...she figured if they walked a lot she wanted to be comfortable...she also made sure not to have a watch or anything. She needed to give Setsu at least her full attention.

What time was it though? She wondered what would happen if he was really older…? Her face a slight shade of pink would probably not go away until she was distracted. She attempted to look around and find the man who would be her partner for the next few hours.

[Topic Started]
WC: 743

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Setsu was going on a date. The young boy had been confused when he first was told he had applied for and been selected as a lucky participant for some television show about blind dates and the matchmaking magic of Eros. When he had informed the crew that he had done no such thing, they showed him an application form neatly filled out in his handwriting.

“But I never sent in an application.” Setsu gave a puzzled look to the film crew who emulated his confused emotions. After some murmuring amongst themselves, they turned back to Setsu.

“Well, your name is on the list? You still want to go?”

“Sure, I don’t mind,” the boy beamed at the crew, who seemed to go from visibly confused to ecstatic almost instantaneously, “But I don’t really have anything that’s appropriate for a date,” he said sheepishly.

“We have you covered young lad,” another staff member rushed out a series of outfits, and after sizing Setsu up and down selected one and bade him change. When Setsu came out of his dorm room he was wearing a close-fitting shirt and jacket combination over some jeans.

“It’s amazing these all fit perfectly. How’d you know my size?”

“Yeah, the person who turned in your application gave us your measurements,” the costumer readily replied.

“And who was that?”

“Um, er…,” he whipped out a thick leather-bound notebook, “It was a Ta...nu..., oh no it was a Sonoko-sensei. She said it would be er, good for you to meet other people your age. Anyways you don’t have time to waste asking those silly questions, the date was scheduled to start 10 minutes ago! In front of the Dawnbringer statue, by the fountain, hurry!”

Setsu nodded and dashed off, darting through the crowds as he made his way to downtown Kumo. “Why didn’t you tell me when it started?” He shouted at the film crew as they worked to keep him in the camera’s field of view.

“We wanted an action scene, and needed some variety in the date meetups. Anyways, pretend we’re not here! Act natural, natural! Kiwame! Edit that out in post!”

Setsu rolled his eyes, he felt bad about keeping this Irie Airi person waiting, What can I do to make up for it, I don’t want to give her a bad impression, he thought to himself as he traveled. Cutting through Meshido, he weaved through the kunoichi scouts that tried to get him to purchase some cookies. He briefly considered a box as a gift, but discarded that notion for two reasons. The first was he didn’t know what flavor Airi would like, Setsu preferred the Peanut Butter Shuriken, but if Airi was allergic to peanuts that kind of gift would be horrible. Second, he noticed that these girls were all from troop #321. A certain pair of twins would most certainly be cross with him if he purchased from their rivals, and Setsu most certainly didn’t want to be on their bad side. A stuffed rabbit in the window of one of the arcades caught his eye. That’s it! He quickly turned into the establishment with the cameramen in hot pursuit.

“Excuse me sir!” The boy panted to the clerk at the prize counter, “How much for the rabbit in the window!”

“That’ll be two-thousand yen.”

Setsu opened his wallet, to find a small moth fluttering out of it. Oh right, I spent the last of my stipend on dinner last night. His sadness and guilt at not being able to give something to make up for the wait was sudden and contagious.

One of the filming staff walked up and handed Setsu two thousand yen bills with tears in his eyes. “Look we have a budget for date expenses, I think this counts, I just feel so guilty about springing this on you and and making Irie-san wait so long.”

The clerk joined in, suddenly sobbing, “I have no idea what’s going on, but I admit that two-thousand yen is a bit overpriced, I have been gouging money from these kids and their parents for so long, I forgot how it feels to have something you want just out of reach. Here, it’s MSRP is twelve hundred yen.” Setsu paid the price and received the plush rabbit. His mood flipped, and the teary-eyed and guilt-stricken audience to this scene was instantly ecstatic and determined to accomplish various goals. As for Setsu, he had already left the building and made his way down to the fountain plaza where the statue of Aion stood, with the camera crew filming his every step.

*************************************************​

Airi would notice a youth barely older than she come barrelling into the fountain square, a pink plush rabbit tucked into the crook of his arm. He looked this way and that, seemingly searching for someone. His steel blue eyes met her dark brown ones, and he lightly jogged over to her.

“Excuse me, you must be Irie Airi-san?” the boy asked, sounding slightly winded. A wave of relief exuded from him as he continued, “I’m...I’m so glad I made it. I’m Suzuki Setsu, it’s nice to meet you.” He offered the plush rabbit to the girl, “I’m sorry for keeping you waiting, it wasn’t too long was it?” Setsu’s cheeks flushed slightly, their color now matching Airi’s and accompanied by a feeling of embarrassment as he continued, “It’s not much, but I hope you like it.”

An uncomfortable moment of silence ensued, broken by Setsu, “Um, did you have anywhere you’d like to go? I know there’s a cute little animal cafe near here I’ve been wanti--ahem, that seems interesting. If you’re interested.” Now that the initial relief of making it to their meeting place had worn off, Setsu finally realized that he was in over his head. He hadn’t met many other girls his age, and those encounters hadn’t exactly prepared him for a typical date. All he had to go off of was the slice-of-life manga he’d read at the library. Go to a cafe. I offered it, and stupidly expressed my interest in going there, man I’ve already screwed up. Airi was throwing him off his pace. The basic description the film crew had given him didn’t do her justice. She was really cute, and the fact that she had waited patiently for Setsu was endearing. And try as he might he was having trouble keeping his volatile emotions in check, hopefully they weren’t affecting Airi too much.

MFT

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi noticed as the clock struck their designated time that Setsu-san had not appeared. She figured he must be running a bit late. In the shinobi world she knew that being on time was very important but she also knew that a number of different things could hold up someone. Maybe he got in trouble in class or he needed extra help. Maybe some family thing happened. Even in Airi’s case maybe something work related happened. Maybe…maybe he forgot? It would not surprise her but she would hold out for as long as the camera crews told her to. After five or so minutes the cameramen started to move out, probably trying to find Setsu. She was told to pretend they were not there and she was trying. After all they needed to footage and while she was excited by the concept of her first date, she figured it would not be the worst to have to miss out.

After another ten or so minutes of waiting was finally when the commotion came charging at her. Her first impression of him was a blizzard. He came up in blue jeans, a jacket but what really caught her was his steel blue eyes. As she looked to him she already could picture that those eyes could pierce someone if he was upset. They reminded her of…

She nodded to the boy when he came up and asked if she was Airi. He was winded a bit from running which meant he put in a great deal of effort to be here. She needed no reasons or excuses for him being late. Just knowing this was enough to say it was worth it to wait. He seemed eager, she had worried that so many boys at the academy were…cold…but he seemed nice. Airi relaxed a bit or at least tried to.

He held out a small or well she guess medium sized pink rabbit. He asked her if she had waited long and then said that it was not much but hoped she liked it. Now Airi’s family was…not tight with their money but really only got what they needed. With five children they did not lead expensive luxurious lives. She mostly played with her sibling and read books. Being handed a stuffed toy was…unexpected. The main thing really was gifts. She had received clothing and supplies for school and maybe a book or two. To get something that was just fun was really different for her.

As she looked at him she tentatively reached out and took the bunny. As she held it and looked at it she noticed that the bunny had a concerned expression. Like it was worried she would not like her. Why it defaulted to a she was probably because it was pink but either way she turned it and held it. Realizing only now he had asked her multiple things she remembered to smile and said, “I…U…uhh…” best not to let him know I was waiting long. “I only got here a few minutes ago! I myself thinking I needed to apologize…so…it uhh…worked out I suppose.” She was really bad at lying. She even felt bad she did it.

“Oh ahh…I..umm…thank you. The bunny is very nice. I can think of a place for her already.” She bowed to him which considering it was a sorry gift was not the best way to handle it but it was what she always did when she received a gift. As she straightened herself up again she did reach around and shake the little bunny’s hand and said, “My name is Airi-chan little un-named rabbit. I promise Setsu-s…Setsu…Setsu-kun and I will name you appropriately.”

A small pause took place where she thought maybe Setsu-kun was too informal and she panicked. She felt she had maybe done something weird or awkward and when the cold chill crossed her legs she shifted uncomfortably. She noticed most of the other groups had already left and she was about to suggest something when Setsu-kun spoke again.

Setsu-kun mentioned an animal cafe that he was…or should say found it to be interesting. Airi nodded and thought about how a cafe would be nice for them to get to know each other. She nodded and said, “That sounds lovely Setsu-kun.” As she walked with Setsu she found it painfully obvious that the cameramen were following them. Shinobi training really was not helping her on this front. As they walked though she felt a little bad, she knew couples sometimes held arms and things but with the rabbit she felt like the only thing she could do was hold hands and that was…well too imposing she figured. The crowds were not bad she just kept a healthy distance, she kept the bunny in her arms over her chest.

She knew from what he said that he had never been there before so she decided to start with, “I have never been to a café before. So this will be new to me. I have two brothers and two sisters so our family never went out when I lived with them. I am excited and nervous all at the same time.” As weird as it came off Airi usually never spoke about things so someone suggested she just say what she is thinking to hold up conversations. “I have never been on a date before so please help me out and I’ll keep trying to make sure it at least goes well.”

The walk to this cafe did not seem to take very long. With Setsu and Airi making sure they were going the right way and the few sentences they exchanged they arrived. It looked normal on the outside but when they came inside it had a more…forest? Yes a forest feel to it. Green and browns everywhere and mostly it seemed like families or people their age or just slightly older were there with friend. As the server came up to seat them they noticed the camera crew filing in after. Airi and Setsu both now were starting to be watched by the other patrons and while the head of the crew spoke to the server they were eventually placed at a window seat. Something along the lines of lighting and other things…who knew what he was thinking.

Airi sat down and was very pink from embarrassment and nervousness. As she looked to Setsu she said, “I…I…am wondering, if this camera crew is really helping us.” She could feel the occasional glances they were receiving. She moved the rabbit down onto her lap and she put her hands up to her face. She breathed out heavily and then picked up a menu holding it down so she could still be seen. Resolve now on her despite the color she glanced over at Setsu and said, “I like the names with all their puns.” She gave a small laugh obviously trying to break tension and then said, “I’ll get something warm though, Kumo is still colder than I am used to. I have no idea how girls wear these skirts…even with knee high socks it’s still cold.”

As she looked over to Setsu she said, “They picked a good outfit for you. It has a cool vibe but also looks comfortable.” She reached up to tug on her bang a bit and said, “So…uhh…what made you decide on this place?” The music they had was thankfully not very loud but it fit the theme of the cafe. The smells were nice and not authentic but she imagined a forest would not appetizing people.

She looked to Setsu and continued, “Also I have been at the Academy now for about five months…I apologize but I do not think I have seen you around. Do you have any class preferences or…things you like to do at school?” She was pushing hard to make sure the conversation did not drag. She had spoken to Rinko about a number of different things to bring up. Thank goodness she had managed to meet her when she did.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If Airi was bad at telling lies, Setsu was equally bad at detecting them. Usually, having a grasp on the emotions of others would be a boon in that sort of scenario, but the emotions that filled the area around the two, mainly anxiety and embarrassment, could have many causes besides the telling of falsehoods. Still, the young empath was glad that the circumstances surrounding his late arrival hadn’t inconvenienced the girl too much. I’m glad she likes the rabbit, he thought as the young girl bowed in thanks for the gift.

The scene of her shaking the plush animal’s paw and stating with utmost confidence that the two of them would find a fitting name for her was also adorable, and Setsu couldn’t help but agree with her decision and speak to their stuffed companion as well, “Yeah, Iri-, A-Airi-chan and I will do our best!” F-first names! And choosing a name together, it’s like we’re the rabbit’s p-parents! Setsu’s face flushed again, and a fresh wave of embarrassment permeated the area, though this time it was laced with tinge of happiness as the thought of taking care of the little stuffed rabbit together wasn’t at all unpleasant.

The camera crew following them stared with rapt attention. Their faces were slightly flushed and they seemed to look as uncomfortable as Setsu himself did walking down the avenue next to Airi. The hubbub of central Susukino may have been at its usual volume but the silence between the two students was deafening for those invested in the scene. Setsu remembered from the date chapter of the manga that the boy and girl had held hands at one point, but it seemed that his partner was a bit anxious about that part. This both relieved and worried Setsu, he was nervous about taking the lead so it was comforting to know that he wasn’t the only one on edge. But at the same time, it put a lot of pressure on the young boy. What if I don’t live up to her expectations? I-I just suggested the cafe cause it had a lot of cute animals, what if she’s allergic to pets?!? Have I made a terrible mistake? But she probably would have said something, she said it sounded lovely right? That has to be a good sign. And it will be great to actually see the animals in the cafe! But what if she doesn’t like real animals and prefers plush ones. In a similar vein, Setsu’s thoughts spiraled in a cycle of self-doubt, self-assurance, excitement, and then back to self-doubt until Airi started speaking about herself.

She’s never been to a cafe? Setsu pondered for a moment. Until coming to Kumogakure he too hadn’t really experienced much in the way of luxuries such as casually visiting a cafe, so he could relate to her feelings on the matter. The empath was surprised to learn that Airi wasn’t an only child. He had no siblings, and the only other student he knew particularly well had other family members but also no siblings. He briefly wondered what having a brother or sister would be like, but was again pulled back to the conversation by Airi admitting that she hadn’t ever been on a date, but would try her best to make it the best date she could. It was here that Setsu realized what she needed, rather what they both needed was some confidence in themselves and trust in each other. He had been worried about Airi not particularly enjoying their date, of the potential failures he might make. But here she was giving her all to make it enjoyable for him, how could he not return the favor. The boy reached out and grabbed one of Airi’s hands between both of his as he responded, “Y-you bet! Let’s do our best and together we’ll make this the best d-date ever!” Setsu poured every ounce of his willpower to finish the sentence, and though his face was redder than a beet, he did.

They quickly reached the cafe, Mealtime Menagerie, and were seated by a window festooned with ivy-like decorations, and knotted wood patterning. Airi wondered aloud whether the crew was really doing anything beneficial for them. As they fumbled around, moving tables where others were sitting and trying to placate the concerned staff, Setsu let out a small laugh, “I guess they’re trying, though I don’t know if they understand subtlety very well,” he whispered to Airi across the table.

“Alright kids you’re on in three, remember act natural and stay on script!”

“Sir, we never stopped rolling, and this is a candid program, there is no script.”

“Eh? Kiwame! Edit that part out in post!”

They picked up the menus after sharing another quiet chuckle and looked to order. A list of animal themed dishes graced the leafy textured menu. Something warm, Setsu thought as he looked over the options.
Mealtime Menagerie Menu said:
What the Cat Dragged In -- a variety of sashimi from Port Cirrus with a side of Hush Puppies.
Kumo Kuma Tsume -- a Kumogakure pastry that resembles the claws of our famous and fearsome Lightning Bears.
Lone Wolf Waffles -- waffles shaped to look like wolf heads, they don’t come with anything
Raicorgi Special -- a freshly baked pizza with the works (comes with a miniature Raicorgi figurine)
Bunny Buttered Buns -- bread baked into the shape of a rabbit with a soft butter on the side.
Shishka-bobcats -- grilled on a skewer, topped with a potato shaped like a kitty face

Cuckoo-bird Cocoa -- served in a mug with two handles shaped like wings
Green Tea-nuki -- Green Tea with an authentic tanuki leaf, totally a lucky item
Moomoo Milk -- it’s milk, from a cow. Can’t expect original titles for all of these

Assorted Soft Drinks (free refills)

A man dressed in a waiter’s outfit with cat-ears and a tail, approached their table. “May I take your order?” The voice sounded familiar to Setsu, though he couldn’t place it.

Setsu quickly looked over the options one more time and looked over to Airi, “Wanna split the Raicorgi Special?”

“Oh an excellent choice! We actually are having a special for couples today,” their waiter interjected, clearly eager to profit from the occasion, “Normally the Raicorgi Special comes with a small figure, but today for couples’ only we’re offering these limited edition Devotion Raicorgi plushes with the set instead.”
5MUdjgn.png

Setsu was an avid collector of Raicorgi merchandise among other things, but he hadn’t heard anything about any Devotion Raicorgi yet, and this one looked...odd, to say the least. Still, he wouldn’t miss an opportunity to get a step up on his collection. “Oh really? That sounds great!” A beat passed as he registered the word couple, and he considered correcting the waiter for a moment, but then stopped himself. I need to do my part to make this the best date we can, denying that we’re a couple would be bad, right? At least for this date, we are a couple. I mean we were paired together right?

After Airi made her order, whether or not she decided to split the special with Setsu, the cat-eared waiter bowed and left. Setsu began to answer some of Airi’s questions. “Well I chose this place because,” Setsu explanation was interrupted by a loud meow as a large black mass fell from the ceiling onto his lap where it settled, purring contentedly. At the same time, a sudden bark was heard from Airi’s right where a shiba inu now sat. It put a paw on her arm and cocked his head, clearly looking for a scratch between the ears. Setsu’s face had lit up with joy as he gently pet the cat in his lap, then he coughed and blushed before continuing to speak, “B-because this cafe has animals you can interact with. Cats, dogs, birds, rabbits, you name it, they have it! Though what animal approaches you is up to them I guess.” He glanced over to the camera crew, where several cockatiels had perched themselves in front of the cameras and were bobbing their heads to the eatery’s ambient music. “Um, do you like it?” He asked worriedly.

Setsu then explained his academic situation. “Actually I’ve completed all my classes. All the required ones, anyway. Suika-san even proctored my genin exam for me, though I’ve been told the results have been stuck in processing for some time now. One of the computers in the Torre malfunctioned, but once it’s fixed it shouldn’t take too long and I’ll be a fully fledged shinobi. So you probably haven’t seen me around because of that. I still attend some classes though, but if possible I try to avoid the more combat-focused ones because,” Setsu looked a bit ashamed of himself, “I don’t particularly like fighting. But I like the cooking classes! And the history classes, and the ninjutsu classes that don’t have me fighting people.” But as long as I’m with people I know, I suppose even a combat class wouldn’t be so bad…, “If you find one that’s interesting let me know and we could maybe take it together,” the boy smiled at Airi. “I may have finished the requirements, but one of my first teachers said that we never stop learning. Oh sorry, I’ve been talking a lot, what kind of classes do you like, or not like? Are you getting used to life in the village? It was big change for me.”

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi let out a small giggle when he mentioned that they lacked anything along the lines of subtlety. It was true she figured that for them, as young budding shinobi, that most people were not nearly as stealthy as they were. Airi noticed with increasing awareness how clumsy and obnoxious little things people did were. In the grand scheme they might be small little things but she really started to see these things as huge errors. She guessed this is what they meant when they were “losing” their normalcy. She had been warned by Osuteno that eventually the wild and crazy would seem normal and the normal would start to seem crazy. She kept a small smile on her face, thinking about how she hoped to at least keep some of the normal in her life. Like what she was doing now with Setsu.

Airi looked with bizarre interest as a guy walked up with animal ears and a tail. Now she was good friends with Rinko and as such she though she knew real from fake. The ears were defiantly fake but she was unsure about the tail. She assumed it was but she did make an obvious gesture at trying to find out if it was or not staring at the waiters hips. She jumped a bit when Setsu asked her if she wanted to try the Raicorgi Special. As if not missing a beat the waiter mentioned there was a special for couples. As he continued to explain, Airi moved the rabbit to chair by the window so it would not get messy or in the way. Suzuki-san seemed very excited by this Raicorgi figurine and she thought back to what happened on the way here…

“Y-you bet! Let’s do our best and together we’ll make this the best d-date ever!” She looked at him and could see his resolve in his eyes but even more than that. She felt her inhibitions ripped away with a feeling of resolve. She felt a need to blush but couldn’t. She honestly had never felt more confident in her life. She was filled with unwavering determination. She did not really say anything but she gave a firm nod to him and she could not help but smile.

As she looked to the waiter she said, “Yes we will do the couple’s Raicorgi special.” Suzuki-san seemed excited and she had no reason to say no and today they were a couple so there was no negative to it.

Airi watched as a large black cat fell onto Setsu and then a bark could be heard next to Airi. She was stunned for a moment until the dog moved towards her lap. Airi reached out and gave it a soft rub giving it a very small smile. “Hello there.”

As his explanation went on she looked to where Setsu looked to see a bunch of birds on the cameramen. They were trying very hard to stay still and she laughed to herself. She could see a look at the cameraman who basically said stop looking at the camera and she looked back to Suzuki-san. Airi was never raised around animals but she had also never had a bad experience either so this was nice for her. Suzuki-san seemed to really love animals and it caused her to think maybe that was why he got her a stuffed bunny. He asked her if she enjoyed it and she said, “While I think I’ll need to wash my hands before eating, it is pleasant to have them while waiting.” She wasn’t thrilled but she was more than content. A small enjoyment came from rubbing the dog. More so seeing how much Setsu liked animals.

He explained his situation and she smiled. So he is just a little bit older than me. He was basically finished and just waiting for the results of his exam. To her he was a Genin through and through. He mentioned that he did not enjoy fighting but enjoyed many of the other classes. Airi nodded as well agreeing with him. He then ended with two questions and Airi had to pause for a moment. What did she like…?

As she focused on the dog for a brief moment making sure she was petting correctly she spoke confidently, “I can’t say I have enjoyed many of the classes. I have been an average student trying to not get taken out of the program. I have to take a lot of supplemental courses just to keep up with those who are really gifted or from shinobi families. I would not say it is a bad experience but not a terribly great one either. I also have to do a few part time jobs four nights out of the week since my family did not move with me and I need to pay rent. Lunches are free at school though so that is nice!” She admitted to Rinko she thought she would be too busy for this but Rinko had been adamant she go and have fun like a real girl should.

She stopped petting the dog and placed her hands on the table, feeling the dog lean into her wanting more rubs. “I am actually rushing a bit to take my Genin exam in the next couple of months so I can get paid for missions. That will free up a lot of my time. Then maybe I can cook more, and be more social, and focus on training better. You know overall health maybe catch up on some sleep.” She had make-up on, once again helped by Rinko since she had no idea how that stuff worked to hide how tired she was. She knew things would be better soon once her income was also her job. As she thought about the food coming she said, “Su…ahh…Setsu-kun give me just a moment in the bathroom. I promise I’ll be right back.” As she stood up she gave him a bow and taking her smaller purse with her she made her way to the washroom.

The first thing she did was wash her hands. She did not want to have dog with her food. After that she looked herself in the mirror. She actually did think she looked above average today. She smiled at herself in the mirror and then took her hands and smacked them against her face. She felt the confidence roil in and she said, “Okay Airi listen up. You do this and you make him happy. At the very minimum you need to leave this with a B or better.” She pointed at herself and gave herself a stern look. She haphazardly attempted to fix her make-up, failed, washed her face, and then started over again slowly realizing she took about seven minutes in the bathroom she packed up and returned to the table.

She sat down and smiled, “Sorry I was struggling…” That could be taken any number of ways but being a young innocent girl she had no idea how it could mean anything bad. As she looked she noticed the food had arrived. She took in a deep breath with a content sigh smelling how nice it was. She had never eaten something like this before…but she was not afraid. In fact her stomach gave an average sized growl in response. She did not even pay it any mind considering her hunger. It looked as though there were two blank plates and one with the food in the middle. Airi reached over to sip on her Ice tea…which she was confused about because she was unsure when she ordered it…but was none the less grateful and said, “Okay Setsu! Let’s do this!” Suddenly fired up for no reason she took her utensil and picked up a slice of the pizza. She took it to her plate and cut it into a bite size piece and the once again with a utensil picked it up. She blew on it a bit and then leaned over the table holding her hand under it.

With a very small blush she held it to feed him. “S-say ahh.” She tried to give as best a reassuring smile as she could and she also felt like the Camera crews were eating this up just as much. She thought she might have caught a bird or two take flight.

After he took the bite she would sit back down and see his reaction. Mostly to see if the food tasted good. After it looked okay she would take a bite for herself. She never used her hands to eat the pizza which even in her family was bizarre. She always got teased by her older brothers over it. Before Setsu could comment though she said, “I do not like to get dirty hence why I eat like I do.” It may have come off as defensive but her voice was light and happy so hopefully it just came off as a fact. She even started to hum something as she chewed and smiled happily, she felt like her aura even brightened up as the food melted in her mouth. She had to remember to chew it thirty times. Do not inhale it! Manners!

She shifted slightly as she took another bite. “To uhh…answer your other question. Kumo is beautiful and very nice though how girls get away with skirts is still beyond me. It’s so cold…” She made a motion to show shivering but still gave a small smile. She glanced at the weird figure on the table and said, “So I never really had many hobbies other than reading, playing with my siblings, and working at my parent’s tea shop. So what else do you enjoy doing?” She was desperately hunting for more things to talk about but she also figured since he came up with the first part of the date she really needed to come up with something for them to do after they finished. Maybe she could think of something if she had more to go on…?

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Phew, the cafe was a success! Setsu had been worried that he was the only one enjoying their animal companions, but that was not the case. Contentedness was a positive reaction, and the young empath was simply glad that she was enjoying herself.

She answered his questions honestly, and the soon-to-be genin was crestfallen to hear that Airi’s experience in the Academy had mirrored his own. An average individual with average abilities consistently outshined by those with more talent and training. And to further deepen the divide, much of the Academy’s resources were earmarked for those that outperformed their peers. Setsu himself wondered if he would have gotten as far as he had were it not for those that had taken an interest in him. In contrast, Airi was pulling her way through the Academy by sheer effort alone. Supplemental courses on top of the regular curriculum, and part-time jobs to boot. It was no wonder that she hadn’t been able to enjoy much in the village, she was constantly working to ensure she had a future among Kumo shinobi.

The prospect of paid missions had also intrigued Setsu, the thought of being able to eat more than the nutritionally satisfying, though unapologetically bland cafeteria food available via lunch tickets was a tantalizing one. “Then when we’re both genin, let’s go on missions together! I hear the ones you take on as a group are worth more. And it’ll be less scary if you’re with me,” Setsu said after she finished.

Airi excused herself a short while later, which left Setsu idly kicking his legs until she returned. The waiter returned to deliver their food, setting the piping hot pizza pie down on the center of the table along with a single glass of iced tea. Two straws were placed into it. “Sir we didn’t order thi--,”

“Oh it’s on the house, dear customer. And a word of advice if I may,” the waiter didn’t wait to hear the boy’s response, “While sitting across from each other is a great way to maintain a respectable distance and maintain eye contact on a first date, in my humble opinion, sitting next to her,” The waiter grabbed Setsu’s chair and moved it so he would sitting at a ninety degree angle from Airi’s seat, “allows for you to be a bit more intimate with the young lady without seeming too forward.”

“O-oh, thanks!” Setsu said as the waiter bowed and left. Shortly afterwards, Airi returned from the bathroom and apologized for the wait. Setsu didn’t know what she meant by struggling, but wondered if it was his fault. He resolved to make it up to her. Somehow. All the tension in the air had Setsu feeling quite parched. He saw Airi sip from the glass of ice tea, and knew he had to act fast to capitalize on the situation. We’re a couple, this is normal for couples. He clamped down on the open end of the the dual straw and took a sip. The empath’s emotions were spiraling chaotically, he felt extreme embarrassment at the action he had taken, but his mind rationalized it as a “thing couples did.” Since for the day, Setsu and Airi were a couple, this was ruled as acceptable and even expected behavior. Several of the patrons seemed to echo Setsu’s emotional state, including one of the cameramen, who dropped onto one knee and tried to confess something to the director.

But Airi was the focus of everyone’s attention as she took the food hijinks to a whole new level. With burning determination in her eyes and slightly flushed cheeks, she lightly blew onto a small piece of pizza and offered it to Setsu. “S-say ahh.” The crowd gasped in anticipation, the cameras whirred as they zoomed in, but Setsu didn’t hear any of that. The only thing he could focus on was the girl in front of him. The girl who wore a skirt despite her discomfort in the chilly climate of Kumogakure, who despite not knowing anything about him tried her absolute best to make this event enjoyable for him. The young empath exuded a rom-com’s worth of embarrassment as he took the bite, and another emotion began budding inside him as well. He wasn’t able to place it and it soon slipped away, bashfully hiding in the sea of his other feelings. Still making its presence known, but out of his comprehension at the moment. Whenever it surfaced he felt calm, but happy. Despite the embarrassing situations they were in, and probably would continue to be in, Setsu realized that he was fine with it if Airi was there and that the thought of such situations even delighted him to a degree. He briefly wondered if that was a normal thing couples felt when they were with each other. If it was, then perhaps…

Airi’s voice brought him back to reality. She seemed to be self-conscious about her eating behaviors, and thought she needed to justify them to him. “Oh, well I don’t mind. I think the way you eat is cute!” he quickly reassured his date, busying himself with his own slice of the Raicorgi Special to hide his embarrassment. Setsu also chose to also eat with a fork and knife as a show of solidarity, and as they ate Airi continued to answer Setsu’s questions. He was glad she was enjoying the village, at the very least. Though now that he thought about it, she did have a point about the outfit choices of some of the residents. “You look really good in your outfit! I mean, it does seem a bit cold for skirts…,” an idea struck the boy. He tugged off the jacket he had been given and handed to Airi. “You could tie this around you waist, and it might help keep your legs a little warmer.” A quick image of her skirt fluttering in the light breeze as they were walking to the cafe flashed across his mind. Setsu took another sip of their shared iced tea to cool down. Airi continued on, talking about her hobbies, reading family, and working at her family’s tea shop. “Your family owns a tea shop?” the boy’s eyes lit up, “That’s so cool! My dad’s a woodcutter and my mom sometimes helps him, we lived near the mountains up north, in Kimura. It gets even colder than this sometimes. They’re...they’re still up there, I hope. I-I still write to them. And once I’m a genin, I’ve been told I can actually go visit!” Another pause as he ate some more pizza, “It’s not a very glamorous goal, but it’s just been awhile since I’ve seen them is all. As far as hobbies go, I guess I…,” Setsu blushed, “I collect pillows and stuffed animals.” He gestured to the two Raicorgi plushies that had been neatly packaged and left at their table. “But I also started reading more, my hometown didn’t really have a lot of books that weren’t related to trees and woodworking, but have you seen the library here? It’s huge!” The boy gestured wildly trying to convey the size of the Bibliotheca, “I don’t think I could read that many books even if i spent my whole life there.”

As they finished the pizza, Setsu excused himself to go wash his hands. A few moments passed and the waiter approached Airi, “A letter was left for you, Irie-san.” As she opened it, a note and two movie tickets fell into her lap, on the note was Rinko’s neat handwriting
Rinko's Note said:
Ah I totally forgot to give you these this morning, I did some research and found that your date happens to be a fan of cheesy action-romance flicks, so I got you tickets. My dumb dad said he’d deliver it for me, so I hope he hasn’t done anything stupid and ruined your date.

-Rinko

Setsu came back and sat down next to Airi, “So, um, I don’t really have an idea of where to go next, do you?”

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi was very happy to be reassured that her eating was not something that bothered him. Airi had a few quirks all her own despite her averageness, she just felt like none of them complimented her in anyway. When Suzuki-san started to eat like her it made her feel better. It settled her a bit, thinking that he also did not mind if it made him stand out. Looking at the table though she felt like everything was normal. Her way of eating did not stand out since no one was eating the more traditional way. It caused her to smile a bit as she ate.

Suzuki-san in commenting about attire offered her his jacket as a way to keep her legs warm…then what about you she thought to herself. She would feel terrible about taking his warmth from him. She made a pout about it but took the jacket anyway. She felt like in the concept of dating, you really only had to say no when there was a good reason. She was not about to fight with him about wearing a jacket or suffering just so others could be happy. Suzuki seemed like her to a degree in that they liked to make others happy more than themselves. It would be a battle if they decided to meet up more regularly. That or she just needed to prepare better! A fire lite up in her eyes at that. Challenge Accepted!

Airi did pick up some interesting information. When you turned Genin you could get approval to leave the village. That meant she could also visit her family. His family was apparently woodcutters, which she felt like was a profession that was dying out with technology. She knew nothing about woodcutting though so she found she might be completely wrong. Was that why Suzuki was a shinobi then? For money and new career paths? Airi could agree with him on that front that it was partially the reason she ended up coming to Kumo. While she liked tea…she did not just want to be a worse version of her sisters. Together they would always be compared but now she was different! She was her own lady!

When Suzuki-san opened his arms wide Airi smiled. “Yea I have been to it and I completely agree. You ask for a subject and they ask you to be more specific because there are too many books on any given topic. I get nervous I’ll end up lost there one day and never return.” She smiled though knowing that Suzuki-san enjoyed reading. She was also fascinated that a boy liked pillows and stuffed animals. She wanted to comment on it but nothing she said in her mind came off as…well what she would call nice. It was something she needed to file away.

As the pizza was being wrapped up Airi watched as Setsu took his turn to wash his hands and finish up. As she looked out the window she thought about what to do next. Setsu had picked this place so it was up to her to her to pick the next spot. Once this was over they were as close as she could tell halfway through their date. Her brow furrowed until the waiter came up. He mentioned there was a letter for her and she was confused. She quickly added, “Also can we get two to go boxes and a third bag for the Raicorgi’s!” The waiter gave her a smile and she opened the note.

As she read it her heart melted…”RInko…san…” She felt like tears were bubbling out of her and she sniffled slightly. She really had a friend. A good friend…not a selfish one… She took a napkin to her face and made sure the happy tears went away. She fanned herself and then jumped when she heard Setsu sit down and nearly jumped out of her skin. “Ahh…ahh Suzuki-san!”

She gave off a cough and said, “I-I uhh mean Setsu-kun. I have two tickets to a movie so I figured we could go there next!” She folded the note into her small purse and then handed the tickets over to Setsu. Hopefully it was to a move he liked but knowing Rinko’s information skills she imagined he would be happy. She just hoped he had not seen it already. Airi was not a very big movie person but if this was her small sacrifice for Setsu then it would be an easy feat to overcome. Even then maybe she would enjoy it who knew?

As they got their bags she realized they had too much stuff…She frowned for a moment and tied Setsu’s jacket around her waist, then after putting the bunny and the Raicorgi’s into a bag and then their food separate she grabbed the bags and made towards the camera crew. “You can’t follow us into the movie theater for copy writing or some such thing so hold our bags. If you do then…I’ll uhh…give…” She handed them over. She leaned in to whisper, “I’ll try hard so make sure you are following well.” As she bounced her way back to Setsu she gave the puppy one final pet and then put her hands on her waist. She took in a deep breath and then let it out. She felt her chakra flowing through her attempting to get her in a battle mindset, then she turned to Setsu with fire in her eyes. “I’m ready!”

As they made their way out of the restaurant she looked around…she had no idea where she was going but with Setsu moving she figured she would be able to follow well enough. She decided now was the time! She reached over and slide her arm into his and held his hand. She did this to basically be holding his arm. This way they could keep warm. Plus…she had a feeling they were being pushed to be more intimate. Her face was red but she leaned her head towards his and said, “If this is uncomfortable let me know…I want you to be warm and happy…” She wasn’t going to give an excuse on why she was doing it. She felt a little bad about taking his jacket true and she wanted him to be warm but she also…felt the director would want this. Between the drink and the food they loved it so…why not push the envelope? She needed to be brave too! Besides she could always blame Setsu because he was the one that gave away his jacket.

Maybe she was simply overthinking things but she had no idea what she really wanted or how things should go. If he wanted her to move away she would. Either way it would only be until the movie theater and then they would separate.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“A movie?” Setsu asked as he received the tickets from Airi and examined them. I wonder which one she has--, Setsu’s thoughts were interrupted as he saw the title printed on the small slips of paper. “No way, a pre-screening! This isn’t supposed to come out for another three months!” He looked up at Airi, clear excitement written on his face. “It’s Star-Crossed Shuriken! It’s a story about a troubled kunoichi who teams up with a male idol to take down a an evil demon who’s been preying on his fans. It’s a story that’s been adapted from real life!” Setsu face was beaming with excitement as he gushed about the movie. Then he remembered himself and awkwardly fell silent. Airi didn’t seem to mind as she went over to the camera crew and seemed to negotiate something with them. The boy was curious as to what she wanted to talk to the crew about, but then saw the director nod to Airi and had the other members of the film crew carry their bags for them. Oh, smart!

The pair stepped back into the brisk Kumogakure air shortly after and began making their way down towards the movie theater. It was a bit chilly for Setsu without his jacket, but a little cool weather wouldn’t be the death of him, he reasoned. Setsu led the way, as Airi wasn’t sure where everything was yet in the village. For some reason the camera crew was even more fired up than usual, and Setsu didn’t realize why until Airi had acted. Quickly and quietly the young kunoichi slipped in close to the boy and snaked her arm around his, pulling the pair closer than they had ever been on this date. Setsu stiffened slightly at the sudden embrace, and Airi said that she could let go if he was uncomfortable. But her next words stuck with him, I want you to be warm and happy. The boy was warm, and that feeling that kept popping up in his heart every so often returned. He could say he was happy, embarrassed to be sure, but definitely happy. Setsu responded by slightly squeezing Airi’s hand and matching his pace to hers, to make it easier for her to still walk at his side while holding his arm. If Airi looked back she would she the director giving her a thumbs up.

Once they reached the movie theater, the pair temporarily bid farewell to the camera crew and thanked them for holding their things. They handed their tickets to the man at the counter and were shown to the specific theater that was showing Star-Crossed Shuriken. There were a few other people there for the screening of the movie, but the theater was still fairly empty. Setsu checked the time, there were still about fifteen minutes before their showing so he expected it to fill up soon enough. The usher showed them to their seats, where they waited for the movie to start. During the pre movie ads for refreshments and year-round movie passes Setsu spoke to Airi. “Sorry I got a little, ah, over-excited about the movie. I hope I wasn’t too much of a bother. Today’s been a lot of fun, I’m glad you my date was you.” More people started filing into the theater as the showing time approached. And as the movie started the theater was completely full.

During the course of the movie, Airi would notice that Setsu was less careful about controlling his emotions while engrossed in something. When Setsu cried at the scene where the male idol seemingly perished at the hands of the demon while the kunoichi was bound and helpless, the crowd around Setsu sobbed as well, she would even feel tugs at her heartstrings suggesting she should find this part sad as well. When the kunoichi traveled to the demon world and rescued the male idol’s soul from the demon queen, Setsu cheered, and the movie-goers followed suit. A call for celebration resounded through Airi’s heart. And at the end, when the kunoichi was about to be executed for crimes she didn’t commit, a pervasive sense of worry filled the theater. Setsu and the rest of the people were stunned to find that the male idol had actually been a shinobi undercover the entire time, and relieved when he presented proof the labeled Bureaucrat B as the true culprit at the last minute. And finally, when the kunoichi and male idol were alone after the trial had been dealt with, the pair confessed their love for each other and passionately embraced, a warm fuzzy feeling settled into the room. As an individual trained in the use of chakra, Airi was better equipped to resist the sudden mood swings than the general populace, but the reason why most people would prefer to not watch anything with Setsu was obvious.

As the credits rolled, Setsu realized that he had been holding Airi’s hand the entire time. He released her and stammered, “S-Sorry, I must have grabbed your hand at some point during the movie.” A short pause, then he quietly continued, “Umm thanks watching it with me, it means a lot. Most people would rather me watch them by myself, because of my abilities. Was it fun for you? I didn’t ruin it did I? Some people say it’s...hard to form their own opinions around me.” The boy was a little apprehensive at Airi’s potential response. Some moments later the crowd was thinning out and Setsu stood and turned to help Airi up, “Well we should probably be going now. The camera crew is probably getting anxious that we ditched them or something.”

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The movie that they were going to see was a show called Star Crossed Shuriken. Suzuki-san seemed really interested in it…apparently the tickets she had were a pre-screening. Suzuki-san explained that what this meant was he got to see the movie much sooner than everyone else he normally associated with. Rinko…how did you even…? She felt herself need to keep up with Suzuki-san. She needed to pay attention considering she was really just being a giant anchor for him currently. Not that she was really holding him down but considering she was unsure to holding onto someone’s arm…it felt a little awkward with her movements.

Suzuki-san thanked the crew for carrying their things with which Airi gave a smile and a slight bow. She was thankful considering how much they were collection. She thought their…well couple shots she supposed would look better without them. When they made their way in Airi’s eyes sparkled slightly at how huge the screen was. Her family was…well cheap…and the saved a lot of money by doing more natural vacations and actives. She had no idea that anything even got to be as big as this…she was a little nervous but she was more excited than anything else.

As they took their seats Airi took of Suzuki-san Jacket and placed it in-between them. She was not about to take it and if she kept it off it would be easy enough to give it back to him. Plus the theater was sort of warm or at least warmer than outside. She figured after thirty-minutes she would be dying and need to take it off. The seats were quite comfortable and the screen started to show advertisements. Airi usually had trouble sitting still for a long time but she was setting her resolve up to not be a burden to Suzuki-san.

“Sorry I got a little, ah, over-excited about the movie. I hope I wasn’t too much of a bother. Today’s been a lot of fun, I’m glad my date was you.”

Airi looked at him and just gave him a smile. She could already imagine Rinko chiding them both for being so sorry all the time. Instead Airi shook her head and leaned over to say more quietly, “I am glad you are getting to see something you like. You have a bright smile. You have to remember that happiness is never a bother. Today has been fun as well and I am happy my first date was with you.”

She wasn’t embarrassed or nervous saying that. She had complete confidence in this belief so instead she just tilted her head slightly as she smiled, a little giggle coming out of her. He was sweet to worry but they both really did need more confidence.

It was during the movie that Airi could really tell how power Suzuki-san’s power was. She watched as the crowd moved with his emotions and Airi could feel it just as powerfully. It was amazing to watch, the whole crowd moving with him. Suzuki-san seemed to really like movie. As Airi watched and felt the surging of emotions she could tell that if Suzuki-san had not been there she probably would have only thought the movie was…okay. With the surging of emotions she felt it took quite a bit of will power to not want to move her legs. She felt a bit restless. It was weird to her though…she did not really read for fun but she had studied for long periods without this problem. She wondered if she felt a need to act and do something…was that the issue. Still watching someone fall in love made her feel like she was intruding on something personal. She did not think it was jealousy but the movie made her wonder things. How would she have reacted? It’s not like this was so, far out of the realms of possibility right?

The one thing that did keep her from getting lost in the movie was Suzuki-san holding her hand. This one was very different than just walking…there was an intimacy to it. His grip and the way he held her hand changed throughout the whole movie. Even if he had not been a person who emitted emotions, she could tell what he was feeling so clearly. Airi gave reassuring squeezes back but she was not quite sure if he noticed. She had more fun watching him than the movie…but maybe that was okay?

“S-Sorry, I must have grabbed your hand at some point during the movie.”

She flinched a bit as he quickly pulled away. She had been so deep in thought she had no idea that the movie had ended.

Suzuki-san said that he was happy she came with him and that a lot of people prefer not to considering that he kind of forces how her feels on others during them. Without Setsu there though she felt like she would have been…well bored. He made the movie fun to watch and even be a part of.

As they got up she made sure that Suzuki-san had his jacket with him. She was not about to forget it. At the mentioning of the camera crew Airi nodded. She walked side by side with him and since they still had a little bit of privacy looked away a brushed a hand through her hair. “You’re welcome Setsu-kun. I thought it was very fun to have you with me. You add an element to the movies that makes them more real. Plus I bet someone would pay you so more people rave about movies.” She felt a little like Rinko pulling something back to a profit but that was how friends influenced each other right?

As they made their way she found the camera crew and then looked to Suzuki-san. “Well…I think dinner and a movie is a good stopping point for our date. I had a lovely time though. I would stay longer but I have work in the evening.” She hesitated a little not really wanting to go to work. As she kind of shifted back and forth looking down and playing with her skirt she glance back up at him.

“Could…we be friends in the future? I would enjoy seeing more movies and eating in different places. I’ll umm…” She reached into her small purse and held out a small strip of paper. “It…has my home phone number on it. So if you are free ever you can call. I’m not home often but I will check it when I can and return the call.” She gave a more determined look and said, “Plus we will go on missions and stuff! So…I will see you around right?” Now she did feel embarrassed but she did move forward and gave him a big hug, one so large he would not be able to move much. She he squeezed she did it more to get her own emotions out. She did do a back hop to get away and then waved to him.

“I’ll always remember our first date Setsu-kun! See you around!” With that she jogged out of the camera shot. She did swing around to make sure the shot was fine and then with a blushed red face took her bag of food and the bag with the bunny and gave another small wave to Setsu…then she really did take off down the street. It was an awkward way to end the date…and she seemed kind of clingy but whatever he thought was what he thought. When she thought she was out of range she did do a happy jump into the air but considering she carved a path through some people…she figured she could be easily seen as she happily bounced part of her way to her home.

[Topic left unless stopped]

OOC: Thank you so much for the lovely time. Let’s rp again soon Setsu!

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sound and sight of sparkles gave way to a teleporting 'angel' of a woman appearing in front of the camera with a microphone in her hand. She struck an idol pose before laughing a bit. A portal appeared just in front of Airi causing her to step into it and appearing right next to her. "Glad to see you're still here!" she said, striking another coquettish pose for the camera. "Now that you're still here, I have to ask you guys questions for the show," she said as she turned to look at Setsu as well. "Stay put, darling!" she said as she stuck her tongue out and winked at Setsu before pulling Airi to the side.

"So, just a few questions, okay? Only your responses will be put on the camera so do your best, okay?" she said softly with a comforting smile. "How did you feel your date was? Did you think your guy was sweet and kind and would you be willing to be friends with him? What would you have done differently?" she said as she placed the mic in front of Airi. "Please explain all this in detail, okay? More than just a couple words," she commented. Once Airi gave her answers, she waved to her and smiled. "You're free to go now," she said. Afterwards, she skipped over towards Setsu.

"Aren't you adorable! Now I'm going to ask you a few questions so try to answer them as best as you can, okay? The camera will be on you when you answer. So here we go.
How did you think of your date with the girl? Do you think she will make a good girlfriend or a friend in the future. And do you think this will blossom into some 'childhood friend' love that you read in books? Oh! Would you say she is waifu material?
" she asked before waiting for Setsu to answer.

[stopping airi from leaving]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Airi leapt and jumped in excitement she had not even noticed she was pulled somewhere. As she suddenly caught herself to stop from running into…a scantily clad girl she paused…”umm...” As she looked around she was back by the movie area. Which meant…she glance back over to Setsu…this was not done was it?

The girl was posing before the camera…maybe she was the runner of the event? Airi was nervous…she wondered if there was some more events or things…

As she mentioned question Airi’s heart fluttered nervously. She is going to ask about the date!? What if Setsu overhears? She really wanted to talk to Rinko about things before she decided or thought anything. Why didn’t she have a cell phone!

As she was pulled to the side she was asked few questions, nothing intrusive but she did want an explanation and some details. This was going to go on television or something so she really needed to make sure she gave people what they would want to hear. They wanted an idea of where she was.

She smiled and started, “Well this was my very first date ever in my life, so regardless of how it could have gone it will always remain in my memories. I would say that it went…sort of like how I imagined it would. It was nerve racking and stressful but so exciting and fun. I would say my favorite thing about it was that eventually…things got to where it felt like we could have a few moments where things felt like it was just us. I think that is the key difference between a date and a hangout.”

As the question moved onto Setsu himself she nodded. “Yes…he was very sweet and very kind. He was the type of person that I am thankful was my first date. I felt…safe. He always made sure to check how I was doing, and he was attentive. I only hope that he relaxed and enjoyed himself as well, I know he really liked the movie.”

Airi forgot a part of the question and said, ‘Without a doubt I would be friends with him.” As she was then asked what she would have done differently…Airi could not have really…or she guess would not have wanted to do anything differently.

“Sorry to say but I actually have no regrets. I think it went really well and I would not change it.” She bowed because she really felt bad she could not answer the question well.

As such she was free to go…Airi found it weird that she was asked if she would go on a second date. As she was left and they moved onto Setsu she waved to him and then walked away. Now less emotional…she just would make her way as a normal girl on this normal street.

[Topic left again!]

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Happiness is never a bother...and I am happy my first date was with you.”

Airi’s words were still echoing around in Setsu’s head, even throughout the movie. The young girl had been lightly squeezing his hand throughout the movie, reacting to every emotion he had felt during the motion picture. As he looked back on the experience, Airi seemed to have been paying more attention to him than the movie, which he found oddly pleasing. She also enjoyed feeling the young empath’s emotions as they watched the movie. No one had ever said that his abilities made movies feel more real, and to be honest he had never considered offering his services to directors to enhance the movie-going experience. A part of him wondered if that practice would be unethical, but that was a question for another time.

Setsu’s date stood there for a moment, wistfully wringing the hem of her skirt. She expressed a desire to stay and continue their time together, but the responsibilities of a working shinobi called her away to her part time job. Setsu was saddened to hear it, but his face brightened considerably when Airi handed him her contact details.

“Yes! Of course we can be friends! We’re friends already right?” Setsu responded cheerfully, he would have said more but Airi had enveloped him in a big hug, which Setsu returned wholeheartedly. It lasted for only a moment, but the young empath felt the wave of emotions Airi emitted with that one gesture. With a wave she moved out of the embrace and began to leave, waving as she did. Then she vanished. Setsu did a double-take and quickly scanned his surroundings. Airi had been moved--almost as if by GM fiat--to a space right in front of the camera crew and a new figure entered the scene. An older girl with a microphone and a rather embarrassing looking outfit. Airi glanced back at Setsu, who began moving towards his date.

“Stay put, darling!" the figure said to Setsu. Apparently she was going to be asking some questions of the two of them, and they each had to answer them separately.

After Airi had answered her allotted questions, she waved and left again, this time with a more reserved goodbye than she had originally given Setsu. The host of the blind date event, for lack of a better term then approached Setsu with a twinkle in her eye, a spring in her step, and a few leading questions for the empath to answer.

“Um...I thought it was fun! Airi’s really nice and she watched the movie with me despite...my lack of control.” Setsu couldn’t help but beam brightly at the host as he answered the first question. The follow-up question was a sucker punch though. “G-g-girlfriend?!?” Setsu’s face flushed, “Umm, w-we’re friends right now and I think she’s a great friend, b-but I think she would make a great girlfriend too! I-I mean whoever was her boyfriend would be lucky to have her.” Setsu stammered out a response, then muttered quietly, “Though the thought of her going on a date with someone else is a little sad.” The host wasn’t finished with Setsu yet though, as she continued to grill him on how he felt about Airi. “L-love! I, um, I don’t know. I felt happy when we were together, and sad that we had to part, but I’m looking forward to meeting her again? Is that love, Ms. Angel?” The boy thought back on his date with Airi, he had wanted her to enjoy it and was ecstatic when she had. But was he happy because he succeeded, or because Airi was happy? However, any introspective thought on what exactly was love had to be put on hold, for the next question of the host thoroughly confused the poor boy. “Um, what’s a waifu?” Setsu cocked his head quizzingly at the woman, “Is it like a wife? Because I don’t think Airi’s married yet?” One of the camera crew came over to the boy and explained the term in a whisper which caused Setsu to flush once more with embarrassment, before nodding in response. “I think she is a marketable heroine.” It was a term Rinko had used once, and Setsu thought it sounded a bit more dignified than waifu. WIth the questioning over and done with, Setsu thanked the host and camera crew before grabbing his things and heading back to his room in the academy dormitories, humming all the way.

[Topic Left]​

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eros could be seen with her palms upon her cheeks while she wiggled her bum from side to side in front of the camera. She squealed a bit, her face turning bright red with a violent blush. "Oh! My! God! That was SO adorable! Isn't young love something precious?" she spoke into the microphone, speaking into the camera. "Well, that concludes this episode of Blind Ninja Dates! Stay tuned for clips from the next episode!" she said before striking a flirtatious pose. She held the pose for a brief moment before the director, from behind the camera, shouted 'And cut!' The crew started to clap and the camera stopped recording. The crew started to gather around Eros and congratulate her on yet another successful episode of the series. The ratings were, okay-ish, but it was enough to finish airing this season of the show. Eros returned the accolades to her team-members before letting out yet another squeal. "I can't believe how adorable those two were!!! Squeeee," she said bouncing around.

"Get a hold of yourself Eros. We gotta get back to da studio and edit all a dis," said one of the crew-members.

"Oh, right, yeah! Take care guys!" she said a she forfeited her microphone and other equipment, before disappearing into the crowd.

[Sorry for the late response in leaving the topic. Hope you two had fun! ^^]
[Topic Left as NPC Eros]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back