Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Who Goes There? [Contract Search]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I think this fight has been more than fair." he said as he continued his bind, not looking to harm the man any longer. The bind had a particular property that could even dispel currently maintained jutsu, such as his clones. Walking his way over to him he made sure to keep an eye on the monkey he was sworn to protect with his clone. Considering wood clones worked telepathically, something many other clones did not, he was able to ensure the safety of his monkey friend.

With the assailant captured and Tatsuo in a safe position to ask some questions he, looked over to the thug and said. "Who are you and what do you want with the monkey? I'm sworn to protect him, so if you want to lay a single finger on him you're going to have to go through me first." Tatsuo was usually quick to defend those who needed it, but he felt a special bond with the monkey he was training currently. Much like he did with Saito he wouldn't let any harms come to its way without an obvious push back from the Leaf shinobi.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Damn it! Let me go!” snapped the thug with his last boost of fiery edge. After tossing and turning within the bind that snared him, he let out a defeated sigh. There was no use in struggling – he had lost to the Mokuton user. “Damn you...” he muttered bitterly as sweat poured from his brow. His expression was crunched with frustration as his breathing was heavy. The criminal knew he was done for.

Due to the bind, the man's flurry of clones dispersed, too. With Tatsuo's telepathic Wood clones intact, the monkey used their guidance to make his way back to his new friend. The look on the once weak monkey's face was now full of both strength and fury. He beat his chest violently as he cried out angrily. The thug, although defeated, began to cackle madly. Now was the perfect time to respond to that brat's question.

“I am no one but a man on the job, squirt!” he clenched his teeth as he eyed the young monkey spitefully. His smirk infuriated Tatsuo's friend further. “Monkeys are my resource, especially talking ones like your friend there. Collectors pay big bucks for those chimps, dead or alive. He's not the first I've gone after and he won't be the last!” The man truly was despicable.

Tatsuo's monkey friend had enough. He placed his hairy palm firmly on Tatsuo's shoulder and shot him an intense stare. His eyes revealed an intent that burned greater than the rays of the sun. “Let me end. Please.” In a turn of events, the monkey mimic'd one of Tatsuo's seals and developed a single sharp, wooden tendril of his own. His rapid growth was remarkable. Like his master, he somehow developed an affinity for wood jutsu. With shaky control, the monkey manipulated the jutsu toward the man's neck.

The thug peed his pants.

The monkey nodded at Tatsuo. “I end.” For a second, his resolve wavered. “...Do I end?” The young ape looked at his sensei for guidance. It was a simple question, but its impact would hold either great reward or consequences.

[OOC: As discussed, I am taking over this mod for Hoshi. I have used my discernment as a Contract mod to continue the story in accordance of what I've read and my own interpretation of how it continues. Thanks!]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Poachers had a special place in hell for Tatsuo, whether it was his bloodline, or his connection to Natural Energy, or even a bit of both, he had a special respect for all things living. So the wanton hunting of these special beasts definitely triggered a nerve with the Jonin. He clenched his teeth as he listened to his explanation, definitely a terrible one to tell when at the mercy of Tatsuo.

He took a deep breath and attempted to figure out what to do with him, however he wasn't the only one trying to decide his fate. Before he knew it, his little monkey pal had nearly impaled the constrained man's neck. Tatsuo was quick to strike down the wooden tendril down with one of his own after the monkey's unforeseen strike. The monkey seemed sure that killing him was the best option and honestly, it may be. Tatsuo was torn because he knew if he let him go here, the chances he would quit his trade were slim to none. But, Tatsuo was not a judge, nor an executioner.

The answer was simple to him, times like these are when your spirit had to blaze the brightest. A simple shake of his head and a raise of his hand he said "We can't kill him. It's not our place." He looked to the thug before him and realized the strength between them made him of little trouble. Releasing the constraints on him, he bit his bottom lip in thought before saying to the man. "You're free to go, but I can promise you few will be as merciful as me. Now get out of here." he said before looking down to his monkey companion, who was sure to have a few choice words to say to him.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Heh, foolish boy! You think I'm a quitter?”

As soon as he was free, the man visibly looked as if he were to draw some ninja tools for another attack. The poacher was clearly relentless. With a quickened reaction, Tatsuo's monkey friend formed a seal and shot out a blunt-edged wooden spire that skyrocketed the man into the sky. As he flew off, he screamed like the wimp he was as he shouted out, “I'm blasting off agaaaaain!” The hunter then twinkled into the sky. The threat was no more. While the monkey's jutsu didn't kill the man, the ape was curious as to why the shinobi stopped his previous deathly assault. He turned toward the Senju.

“Why...” his soft eyes fixated on Tatsuo with focused intent. He truly was bewildered by the man's benevolent and gracious approach. “Why we no kill, Teacher? Why we no kill... he kill us. He kill us. How stop?” Although his words were repetitive and his sentences were badly formed, the depth of his words called out, even yearned, for an answer. This was a learning process, after all, as this was all new to the young monkey that Tatsuo took under his wing.

Meanwhile, from afar, Kobayashi observed the duo quietly. He, too, stood in anticipation for the young man's response.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was impressed by how quick the monkey acted and equally impressed by how far he sent him flying. Rubbing the back of his neck he made a mental note to never get on the bad side of the monkey. But it was clear he had to explain his reasoning. Lowering himself down a knee, to put him at a similar level as the monkey he supported himself with his arms on it. "There will always be people who you think deserve to die, there are people I even think deserve to die, but the difference between us and them is we still don't kill them." Letting out a sigh he bit the bottom of his lip as he thought.

"It is a confusing thing to think about and sometimes it makes me sound silly, but many people get lost in the idea of slaying all those they consider bad and then become the ones they sought to defeat. Will it be on my conscious if he goes off to hurt others? Yes, absolutely, but I am no judge, nor am I an executioner. I have much to learn and until I can understand everything, i've no right to take another life. There will be times that even I feel that it would be best to kill them, but it changes nothing. No matter how angry I get, it is a vow i've kept." Tatsuo thought back to the many villains he had the unfortunate luck of meeting over the years and let out another aged sigh. He might have only been fifteen but in his short years as a shinobi he had seen more than he would care to share.

"If you don't feel the same, I understand, my spirit blazes differently than most. I look to find the good in everyone, no matter how far it's hidden away by years of pain and abuse." He went to tenderly pat the monkey on the head and tilted his head a bit. "What's your name, anyways?"

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Tatsuo knelt to his level, the young chimp listened intently as the man explained his point of view. “Difference?” he echoed as the shinobi went in depth. Throughout Tatsuo's speech, the monkey's eyes gleamed with fascination as he absorbed the wisdom of his sensei. During his short experience on this planet, the ape had never learned the values that the teen Senju shared. His teacher was strong, but the size of his chakra reservoir or the set of skills he had showcased were not the source of his strength.

No, the foundation of his power lied in his spirit. The 'blazing one' he spoke of. It was a belief system, perhaps his warrior's path, that led Tatsuo to form the decisions he made today. The monkey had one thing figured out at this point: he, too, wanted this fiery spirit. After Tatsuo patted the top of his furry head, the monkey reached out his lanky arms and hugged the shinobi's waist-side. “Sensei, I be you. Be like you I want to be.” Contrary to his initial disposition when the duo met, the once frail chimp now possessed a certain flame in his eyes that. He was no longer his former self, no. He was now a mirror image of Tatsuo-san.

“Name?” Before the monkey could reply, Kobayashi, observing the two this whole time, hopped from a nearby tree and planted himself firmly on the ground. Approaching the two with unbreakable confidence, he poked Tatsuo with the wooden staff he wielded. “No name he has. Follow. The time has come.” It was more of a command than a request. The youthful ape immediately followed. If Tatsuo did so, he'd trail the two back into the realm of monkeys.

AGOeIZw.jpg

Unlike his last visit into Hiroo Onoda, the contract's realm, the masses of monkeys clung still to their vines as Kobayashi guided Tatsuo and his monkey student to the center of the jungle. Once they reached the middle, Kobayashi came to a sudden halt as he shifted his attention toward the duo. “Come! Listen all!” he shouted as his proud, authoritative voice reverberated throughout the forest. All the apes in the jungle awaited his words. “Greet Tatsuo, Warrior Shinobi!” The monkeys roared and cried excitedly to the introduction. He continued. “He has taken child under his watch and taught him warrior ways. Child is ready!” Their cheers grew louder. After a few second, the wise monkey slammed his staff on to the ground. They all hushed once more.

“Tatsuo,” the old, blue-eyed monkey walked up to the man and placed his hairy hand on to his shoulder, “thank you for teaching. It is now your duty to name Monkey, if you wish. No name he has, but warrior's name you give. Now, tell us, what is child's name?” It was a seemingly simple request, but its implications were profound within the culture of the monkey realm. The young chimp shifted his gaze toward his sensei. This man taught him not only how to be strong physically, but empowered his heart and shaped his perception forever. Now, this man was tasked to dub him a name he'd carry until death. He found no greater honor.

“My name, Sensei?”

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo had just finished giving his speech when the monkey had decided to embrace him, patting him on the head he wondered what his name was but it wasn't long before the same monkey from before appeared. Kobayashi was quick to explain that he claimed the young one had no name and that they had to follow. Considering Tatsuo had no idea where he was or even what he was doing, he followed along before they were lead back into the realm of the monkey's. However there was a stillness in the air this time, he could feel all the eyes on him and while Tatsuo was not afraid of crowds there was definitely something eerie about the whole thing. Once they came to a stop he let out an audible gulp before Kobayashi began to speak, or rather proclaim, an introduction of himself.

Tatsuo beamed with pride as he was introduced as a warrior shinobi, that title had a ring to it. He must've done a pretty good job at preparing this monkey to face the adversity of the world, but he wondered just what did that entail. However the speech came with a question, one that Tatsuo was more prepared for than he could believe. When asked for a name he furrowed his brow and looked down at the monkey asking for one. "Koto." The name meant a lot to Tatsuo, a man he'd always respect. However one he hadn't thought about for so long. Had he really meant that much to him? Apparently so, because the answer just felt natural.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Koto?”

The crowd of monkeys remained silent. The young ape repeated himself. This time, it was with a huge smile.

“Koto!” All the monkeys cheered as they beat their chests while jumping around excitedly. It was a momentous occasion when one of their kind was introduced as a warrior, but even more so when they finally achieved their true name. From what the young monkey knew of Tatsuo, the name 'Koto' was most likely thoughtful and heart felt. He was proud to be Koto.

“It has been decided!” shouted Kobayashi as the monkeys continued to roar. He then slammed his staff against the ground. The apes froze. “Tatsuo, Koto, it is time for final test. Follow me to top of this tree.” The tree that stood in the middle of the jungle was not only grand in width, but towered over all the plant life in the area. It's height appeared limitless. “You must climb with bare hands and feet. So is the way of monkey.”

The chief monkey made his ascent. Koto, standing besides his sensei, shot him an assured nod. “Got this we do, Sensei. Let's go!” He then utilized his monkey ability and strength to follow Kobayashi to the top. Just in case his master was wiped from their previous encounter, he'd near Tatsuo to be safe. The climb would feel endless, but their were enough vines and stumps to rest on if the need rose. Where was Kobayashi leading the duo?

"Higher and higher we go! Do not stop!" shouted the monkey with his unrelenting stamina. They were almost at their mysterious destination.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was proud to have been part of such an important moment in this monkey's life. It was a strange feeling to be surrounded by strangers but all of them so happy for you, though the moment was less about him and more about the monkey now named Koto. He took a step back and let him enjoy the limelight a bit, not trying to steal any of the attention. However the fanfare couldn't last forever. It wasn't long before Kobayashi guided them both to a large tree, one which dwarfed everything around it. He commanded the both of them to climb, something Tatsuo had done since an early age, if anything he was a bit excited.

When Koto jumped straight into it, Tatsuo did his best to keep up. He didn't utilize chakra in this, considering he wasn't sure if the monkey's were. Therefore he was slower than usual, but his pace was unrelenting as showed no signs of stopping or slowing down. He was born with an uncanny amount of stamina and it made things like these all the easier. They climbed and they climbed and near the end even Tatsuo was beginning to feel the strain. A stiffness in his muscles, cuts and scrapes all up his body, it was rare that he ever got to a point where he exerted himself like this at least when he wasn't fighting, but this tree was just so large. However when shouted at to not stop, he was reinvigorated with enough passion to keep climbing, all the way to the top. Who knew what he would see when he finally made it?

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After what would feel like forever, the group had finally reached their destination. At the very top of the tree stood a flattened base constructed by wood. The piece of simple architecture was comprised of logs, vines, and various parts of the jungle. It was about a twenty-by-twenty foot square, and although plain, possessed a deeper, more profound aspect. Once Tatsuo and Koto planted themselves on to the firm base, they would be greeted by the sky's sunset. The sun descended as it usually did during this time of the day, but the altitude of their location displayed it differently than its typical view. The orange, fiery sky blazed somberly as its hues contrasted with the greenery of the jungle below them. It was truly a beautiful sight.

“Let us watch.” spoke the chief monkey in a stance of meditation. Although hardened and strong, his eyes revealed a soft depth as he gazed out into the open. This was a side to himself that Kobayashi rarely revealed. Koto, not even needing the prompt, mirrored the same as his expression to the view was of pure wonder. Never in his monkey life had he ever dreamed of reaching such heights.

As the sky soon dimmed and the sparkling stars took their positions, Kobayashi faced the duo. Although firm, his demeanor was noticeably more relaxed. Putting his staff to the side, he gestured at the young duo before him. “It is time.” Without much notice, the head monkey formed a few complicated seals. He slammed his hand on to the wooden surface as a poof of smoke erupted seemingly from no where. As it cleared, a large slab of shimmering white granite stood in front of him. The grand stone had many names neatly etched into it, some in languages and symbols that appeared foreign. The monkey calmly walked around the granite and held out a pointed rock to the shinobi.

“This is contract of my kind, Tatsuo, called the Tablet of Hundredth Monkey. Few warrior proven worthy sign this contract to show our friendship and mutual trust. With it, you are provided the resource of summoning our people in times you deem useful. You help us grow, we lend you strength. Such is the cycle.” Kobayashi nodded sagely as he placed his furry hand on Tatsuo's shoulder.

“You have my respect, Tatsuo with spirit blazing, and also have favor of my people. If accept, please sign.” He handed the shinobi the rock. Koto, seemingly not surprised by the occurrence, smiled brightly as he tugged on Tatsuo's shirt.

“Many congrats, Sensei!” Now the question remains. Will Tatsuo accept and sign the Monkey Contract?

[OOC: CONGRATULATIONS!!! On behalf of the contract team, we have found this Contract search exceptional and deemed worthy of a contract signing. If accepted and once roleplayed, you will now have access to Monkey Contract and can request your contract summon whenever you'd like. Now, Tatsuo, would you like to accept and sign the Monkey Contract? Please note, if accepted or not, I will post one final time as an exit/conclusion. Thank you for the hard-work, commitment, and patience you've shown for this thread!]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was glad to finally reach the top, however he hadn't expect just he would've seen. He had seen many great sights in his time, climbing to the top of the tallest peaks in Momentum Deo, to trekking the Fire Country countless times. From an early age he was an explorer, however this journey was nothing like anyone he had experienced before. Not only was he sitting here seeing something so breathtaking it moved him on a spiritual level, but that wasn't all of it. He had made a friendship here that he could tell would last a lifetime. He was on the verge of tears just from the moment, a smile appeared on his face as they were directed to watch and watch he did. The sun illuminating the beautiful jungle below them, the breeze kissing their skin, it was idyllic in every way. If he could, he would stay here forever.

But all great things must come to an end and it felt like no matter how long he stayed there he would yearn for that moment forever, though it was not sad at all. He knew how to make moments like these, the formula was simple, a great adventure, a good friend and a nice ending. Something he would know emulate for the rest of his days. He was in a trance like state when Koyobashi decided it was time to continue with the ritual. He watched as the senior monkey created a quick succession of seals which lead into the summoning of a stone tablet, names in languages foreign and familiar dotted it. Not that they meant much to the boy, who was soon guided to write his own name. Once again he felt the chills run down his back as he was instructed to sign.

With a firm nod, Tatsuo brought his thumb up to his mouth and bit down. A small pool of blood formed at the tip and he used it to roughly write his own name in a crude fashion. He was sure to write it slow and carefully to the best of his ability, even if it was obvious it was a struggle. He turned to look at Koto smiling up at him and he nodded to the little guy and knew that through thick and thin he'd have Koto to help him. Something he would never forget.

[I accept the contract!]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The contract was signed and the deal was set. As soon as Tatsuo etched his essence into the white stone, the tablet poofed back into whichever realm it lied. Kobayashi, with now a slight grin of his own, patted the teenager's back with his long, stretched hands. “My boy, you are one with us. You are now monkey!” Typical to their culture, both the monkey chief and Koto cheerily cried out as they beat their chests. The old monkey continued. “Now, we celebrate.”

The group would soon make their descent down toward the jungle as the colony of apes all awaited the news. As soon as they reached ground level, Kobayashi lifted Tatsuo's arm in a victorious, affirming pose as the monkeys cheered. It was now time to feast! To say their party that night was quite bananas was an understatement. Stereotypical to their kind, every dish was banana-based, but their crazy antics were most noticeable that night. Music dancing, food fights, games, and competition – the monkeys really knew how to live it up. As soon as the night finished, Tatsuo was directed to a hammock besides his new friend, Koto. It was more by Koto's request that he slept near his favorite teacher and new hero.

As dawn approached, the monkeys waved Tatsuo goodbye. As mentioned, all good things must come to an end, but, fortunately, this might be the beginning of an even greater adventure. “Visit anytime, Tatsuo, and call us as you'd like.” Before he left, Koto, who definitely did not hold back his tears, lunged out at his master and hugged him ever-so-tightly. “See you soon, Sensei!” Bonds were formed today that would never be broken. A spirit was now kindled and blazed brightly. What would await Tatsuo next?

[OOC: Congrats on your accepted Monkey Contract! Koto, your monkey friend in this thread, is also available to you as a summon of whatever rank you'd like (if you so choose). As mentioned, feel free to request your contract summon whenever and, also, note this in the appropriate places. Cheers! Thread/search complete!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back