Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Wibble Wibble.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Her words brought a curious look to his face, there was a lot that was being left out between the two. Granted it was a long time ago, and a lot had happened since then. "Kinda felt like... the only thing that could separate us was ourselves." he thought to himself. A subtle thought about his year gone quickly fled as he changed the subject.

Zaku's eyes went wide the the revelation that it was the thousand years of pain jutsu. His mouth slowly began to spread into a smile which he had to try very hard to stop it from turning into an audible chuckle. As she went on, it became obvious that she hadn't been able to talk to anyone about this, and that this meeting was so much more than just closure about what had happened. It was retying that bond that had been severed.

Zaku's thought went to the deceased, and how it really was just moments away. For all he knew, their lives would end by choking on one of these corn dogs. It was good that she spoke about the students in the academy. While they too might die some day, it meant that there were still people with dreams and hopes living in the world. Something he wasn't to sure he believed in anymore. The immense power chakra gave to individuals really was a danger in itself. It stole away his freedom, it had taken lives, and it continues to cause strife. "Perhaps the world would be better without Shinobi." he thought.

Quickly refocusing on her final words, his smile returned and shook his head. "Rambling is good. It sounds like you needed to talk to someone." he said with a slight nod in the head. "Speaking of the academy, I think I'm gonna teach a class myself. There are some things I know now I wish my instructors had told me about, and I think I'd like our next generation of genin to know it." he said his voice growing softer and more distant, in thought no doubt. It was then he noticed they were done eating.

"Oh well, should we get going? It's not to far to my old place so..."

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari smiled at him, "Yeah... Not really a lot of options." She said. "But it didn't really leave you with a lot of time to talk..." She said

"Speaking of the academy, I think I'm gonna teach a class myself. There are some things I know now I wish my instructors had told me about, and I think I'd like our next generation of genin to know it." he said

"Oh? I'll be teaching a class soon... Etiquette and resource training. Apparently the kids don't know we have barracks for them. And meals programs. I dunno." She shrugged, "What.... what are you gonna teach on?" She said, taking her last bite, but pinching off a nibble for Kariku, and handing it to him as she chewed.

"Ok. Moving day." She smirked. thinking that they could totally hire some kids to move the stuff to her place, and just make snarky comments, instead she wiped off her hands, scratched Kariku's ear, and stood up. "Let's go, you can lead the way." She said, with a smirk on her lips, she was already blushing.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Heh just like old times then? Are kids really that dumb these days? Or our instructors just lack luster?" he commented before standing.

So they took to the streets and Zaku pondered for a bit on how he could answer he questions in a less intense way. But in the end there was no sugar coating the subject. He looked at the ground to kick a pebble and his lips opened to speak. "Death. I'm gonna try to make it more real to them. I was never shown the outcomes of the abilities I was taught, I was forced to endure it when it happened the first time. Then it's even worse when someone you know perishes..." he sighed. "I'll probably take them to the morgue and show them some bodies, maybe let them cut some up and dissect them. Hell might even find the freaks who like the stuff and report them to the medical branch for psych care."

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She shrugged, "Eh, a bit of both, maybe. I dunno." She shrugged, standing as well, walking with him as he pondered the answer to her question of what he'd teach.

Eventually he looked down and said, "Death. I'm gonna try to make it more real to them. I was never shown the outcomes of the abilities I was taught, I was forced to endure it when it happened the first time. Then it's even worse when someone you know perishes..." he sighed lightly, "I'll probably take them to the morgue and show them some bodies, maybe let them cut some up and dissect them. Hell might even find the freaks who like the stuff and report them to the medical branch for psych care."

"I see... Death was never a question for me. It was an answer to a lot of questions... but I never did really understand it... I still don't know that I do." She remembered the Hoshigakurean sennin, and how she'd liked him. And the camarlengo... she supposed it had never really been him, but they had still shared a moment of peace and ice cream. There had been a lot of death. "If you can help them understand it a little better... hey, go for it. I kinda wish I'd seen... I'd known..." She sighed. "I know what you mean. And if you find anyone who likes it a lot... I know a guy. He was one of the guys in our class. Suzaku Keiji. He's a Harvester now, so I could connect them to him. Inter-branch cooperation... or maybe I could just connect you with him. I don't know that you guys ever met." She shrugged. After a little walking, she asked, "So... which one's your family home?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Zaku smiled. "Don't let the others in the leadership hear you say that, else they might second guess your position. 'Leader of the main branch and still not sure about death'. Death is common in our work...well other peoples deaths." he quipped with a smile.

He was glad she felt it wasn't a lost cause. Though as she kept talking, she spoke of a guy who actually liked it. Instantly Zaku was alert to the details of what she was saying. "How on earth do you know one of those freaks..." he wondered. This person she spoke of did not come to mind. At least, he didn't remember them. If he was a harvester that meant he was apart of a different branch, which would support the reason behind his lack of memory. "I can't say that I know him... and even if one of the kids shows signs, ain't no way I'm sending them to get their jollies off as a harvester. We want them to get better, not worse right?" he concluded with a worried look. It was at that point that Zaku began to wonder just what Hikari knew about as the sennin of the main branch. Perhaps a question for another time.

They approached a new set of homes and she inquired which of the big homes was his own. "That one." Zaku responded by pointing. On a large corner sat a massive complex, three large buildings could be seen behind the short gate that surrounded the Ishikawa grounds. To say it was modest would be a lie. When the patriarch Kioku reunited the families of the Ishikawa, they brought what wealth along with them and contributed to a new plot of land. As they approached, Zaku lead them through an unlocked gate and up to the main house. He didn't feel like giving a tour; there were still times when his real life and the life of Kenta mixed and made things difficult. "My room is upstairs. If you want you can come with or stay here." he said, his tone serious in nature. Without a second glance he was heading up the stairs and to one of the doors nearby.

The room was pretty bland, there was a layer of dust on most things, though some was disturbed by his return home. Zaku went to his closet to pull out a large suitcase and began to throw stuff inside. What ended up being inside wasn't clothes, but rather keepsakes and mementos. Reminders of his life that he had there. Clothes can be bought, but the memories that were taken away from him could not. It didn't take long and before long the suitcase was full. Depending on what Hikari had done, he'd give her a satisfied look. "Guess I'm ready." he sighed.

[Topic End if you are ready. If you have more to accomplish by all means keep it going]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari laughed, "You misunderstand..." She said, "I know about death as an event. I know what it does to the body, to the mind. I know the echoes it causes in society. I just... Yeah, it's common. It's something that happens, but it has an impact. The impact on me is what I'm not sure about. I dunno if that makes sense. I suppose it's philosophical."

Zaku then reacted in a negative way, to her mention of Keiji. "I can't say that I know him... and even if one of the kids shows signs, ain't no way I'm sending them to get their jollies off as a harvester. We want them to get better, not worse right?" he concluded with a worried look.

"I disagree. As shinobi, we aren't people. We are tools. As teachers our job is to hone tools into the shape that best fits what they are made of. Some metals are meant for swords, some are meant for hammers, and some are meant for scalpels. Anyway... If a kid is a scalpel, and we turn him into a hammer, we've done him and our village a disservice. I would not have been a good ANBU. Rin wanted me to become one. She asked me once... I said no. It's important that we nurture our children and strengthen the skills they have. While I would love to have all of the children remain in Main Branch, some are not meant to be. Some should be shadows and some should be healers."

As they approached his house, he pointed it out. It was a massive complex that his whole family likely lived in. She'd not been there, and looked around curiously, but didn't ask for the tour. As they reached a stair well, he turned to her. "My room is upstairs. If you want you can come with, or stay here." He said seriously, as he began walking up the stairs.

Hikari nodded, noticing his change in demeanor. This was difficult for him. She went with him quietly- as quietly as the she-bear could. The room was spartan. There was a dust everywhere. It looked as though his family had left his room exactly as it had been, a shrine of sorts? She watched as he packed, keepsakes, not clothing. It was uncharacteristically... frivolous? for him to bring momentos rather than useful things, but she didn't begrudge him that. The trauma he'd been through was significant. "Zaku..." She began as he nodded, giving her a satisfied look, "nevermind... to my house!" She nodded and lead the way downstairs. "Come, my friend, let's go home."

[topic end is fine here. So... topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back