Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

You And Me Makes....(Beloved, private)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His fight was in a few days, enough time for Maki to relax. He’d left one bar, where a few people recognized him as one of the fighters and showered him with drinks. It was too early yet to call in in though, being only mid afternoon. The sun was bright, the breeze was nice, and there was a chair made just for him it seemed. The ANBU Captain sinks into it and whistles slightly to bring a hat to him, the man who owned it cursing as a breeze seemed to carry it away and walking off forgetting about it. A big, comfortable thing. Maki uses it to cover his face and props his feet up on the table the chair went with. The bartender, inside the bar, ignores this. He would likely want pictures later so if Maki won he could use it to advertise more.

Maki closes his eyes and lets himself doze for a bit. What was having the day to yourself if you didn’t use it leisurely?

--------------

ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Maki jerks awake as the sound rushes through the speakers, the chair crashing under him as his action folds it up and he goes to the ground in a heap, missing the rest of the words. What the hell?! He was trying to nap and instead found that it was interrupted by some public service announcement, probably screaming this was only a test and if it was a true emergency it would be followed with detailed instructions and not a god awful screeching sound. He kicks the chair away and tosses the hat back onto the table. Then finds himself locked out of the bar. The owner looks up and shakes his head, shouting something through the door.

Incubation? What? Go get a vote? Maki frowns and looks at the suddenly empty streets. He’d find another bar, then. This one wouldn’t be getting his patronage, that was for sure. The fighter moves his way down the street, a bit tipsy from the copious amounts of liquor he’d had earlier. And, unknown to him, the chemical floating through the air.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei breathed in the slightly salty air, smiling as she walked along the street in Tea. It had been some time since she had been out of Leaf and it was a nice change of pace. She was here to view the tournament, perhaps pick up some new techniques to learn at the same time. The ghosts here more or less ignored her, which suited her just fine at the moment. After all, she had met a pair of bickering ghosts to ask directions to a bar and they had just looked at her in horror. The horrified look had only deepened as she stated her clan name and they ran off. The young Isaki had felt her eye twitch when they ran from her. Maki having an aversion to her clan had been one thing, but these random ghosts? Apparently those ghosts had told others about her as she had seen a ghostly mother pull her ghostly child out of her path and into what she could only assume was once their residence a few blocks back.

What was with some people freaking out about her clan? Sure, they were rather wealthy and a lot of the businessmen were a bit ruthless, but for dead people to be purposefully avoiding her? Something must have happened in their lifetime to make them wary of interacting with any Isaki. The animal ghosts were thankfully not as inclined to ignore her and she had more than a few dogs bounding happily around her feet for a bit. They left once she reached the district where most of the bars actually were, but not before their barking covered up a public service announcement, making it impossible to hear even if she concentrated. Something smelled sweet on the air, but she could have sworn she passed a bakery a little bit ago, so it could just be that.

Distracted as she was by people randomly running inside and people avoiding going outside, she didn't see a tipsy Maki until just before she ran into the man. She stopped just a few feet in front of him and giggled softly. Wait- giggled? She doesn't do that often unless an animal is doing something cute. What's- Ooh, he looks handsome, maybe I should tell him, she thought. She somewhat recognized his build, but she wouldn't straight call him Maki unless she could see his face.

"Well, hello there. That's an interesting hat."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Someone was approaching. Even in his inebriated state Maki knew someone was walking his way. The overly large hat sat on his head, covering most of his face as he walked down the streets of the village. It wasn’t until she pulled up short and spoke that Maki realized it was a woman. And her voice was pleasing, but for some reason it set dread to his nerves. He takes a look through the hat, successfully holding in a groan upon finding out it was the Isaki woman. What the hell man? That clan was following him, he knew it.

”Greetings. I got it rather cheap, but I do agree. Do you like it?”

With a whistle, a stiff kick of wind flips it off of his head and onto her, revealing his face to her in full. The wardrobe he wore was rather unique, of course, but the face cemented it. Those brown eyes, his short brown hair, and a confident grin that showed he was definitely enjoying life and wasn’t ashamed to admit it. His eyes quickly follow herself before moving right back to her own face. Odd, he didn’t recall finding her quite this fetching in Konoha. Maybe it was the liquor.

”So, what is a member of Konoha doing in these parts? Came to see the fight? If so, you have to bet on me. It’s a rule.”

He wasn’t swaying, but he was certainly not sober. That was obvious.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki answered her and somehow the hat moved on the wind from his head to hers. She couldn't help but giggle when the floppy brim obscured her vision for a moment. Hoshirei shifted the brim and smiled at Maki, now that she could 100 percent tell who he was- well he was rather handsome, wasn't he? Their meeting in Konoha, however brief, had made an impression on Hoshirei and it was almost like something illuminated him. Not quite a spotlight, but close enough to have a similar effect in her mind.

"It is a rather floppy hat. It would be great for working in the garden. It's large enough to help my shoulders not burn. The sun is the bane of fair skin after all." She chuckled but it broke off at a random thought: the hat wouldn't do much for other outdoor activities where the sun had full access to her back. The warm sun might just feel good during- What in the world was she thinking?

"I did come to watch the tournament a bit and to explore a little more, now I'm less restricted in my movements. Never felt right leaving mother on her own. Are you excited to compete?" She could imagine now, the sun gleaming off his glistening shoulders and chest- The hell is wrong with her brain, it doesn't usually frequent the gutter quite this often.

"I do have a small wager, but it isn't of the monetary sort. Not to mention it was with a ghost. Not sure how that will exactly work." Her words drifted off as his form caught her attention again. She'd bet those arms would feel great wrapped around her. She cleared her throat and shifted as she could feel her body begin to respond more favorably to Maki's body. Why was she thinking like this?

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The thought of her bent over on her knees popped into his head, and Maki had a hard time getting it out. In the back of his mind there was a tickling sensation that something was wrong. Even drunk as he was being this close to an Isaki would be a clear danger to his brain and make him want to flee. Instead he was…flirting. Which in itself wasn’t like him anyways. But she did have a nice body, he had to admit that much, and her face was easy on the eyes. Maki shakes his head to try, unsuccessfully, to dislodge the thoughts.

”I am. Don’t know why I was sent, never really showed Konoha any of my prowess in a fight. All of my fighting days were before I joined so far. Going to find it hilarious if I win, though. A half trained stray who used to be a mednin in training taking it all. Granted, wouldn’t join Konoha’s medical branch if I had to.” Maki resists the urge to spit, barely, at the mention of Konoha’s medical branch. A certain Hokage left a sour taste in his mouth in regards to anything she touched.

”Oh they’ll claim they can’t pay, being ghosts, if you win. If you lose they’ll expect you to pay within minutes. Ghosts can be sneaky bastards. Used to have one in my room as a kid who would play peek-a-boo with me, but he didn’t have a face because of how he died. After I was done being terrified of him I just laughed at him all the time. I miss him a bit. Made my childhood less unpleasant by being a stable companion.”

Well shit. He didn’t mean to give more info on his former abilities to her. Abilities he wanted back and, if need be, he would assault heaven and hell themselves to regain.

”Make sure to watch my fight. I’m fighting some guy from Sand first, it looks like. First one was a no show, so I got their backup fighter I guess. Hope it’s a good one, at least. Last good fight I was in was with my biological brother.”

And once more he was slipping things out. Shut up man!

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Unconsciously, Hoshirei sidled a bit closer to Maki, a soft smile on her face all the while. She chuckled at his story about the ghost with no face. There was a tinge of sadness when she realized that he, at one point, had lost the ability to see ghosts. No wonder he had freaked out when he saw that ghost cat when last they met. Perhaps he could use a little comfort, or at least a listening ear? A flash of a situation flew through her mind and her eyes widened slightly. Giving it that little bit of attention was apparently a bad good idea as it quickly played out and she could almost feel the sensation of a wall at her back and Maki's lips on hers. Her cheeks flushed, even as she tried to keep up with their conversation.

"If you could survive going up against someone from the clan, I'm sure you'll come out on top in any situation." A moments pause, another flash-through fantasy, and slight widening of the eyes later Hoshirei's cheeks were probably bright pink. Without really meaning to more words flowed out of her mouth. "I certainly wouldn't mind." Internal screeching and a thought of "Did I really just say that out loud" enhanced her blush further.

She cleared her throat before reciprocating a funny ghost story. "There was a ghost when I was attending the academy who would stand behind the instructor and mimic them rather comically. When he realized I could see him, he got worse until I finally burst out laughing in the middle of class. I got in quite a bit of trouble that day, but seeing a ghost acting pompous before fumbling a kunai throw and acting like nothing happened was too much."

"I wouldn't know about fighting with siblings. Even if it wasn't just a spar, having a built in training companion would have been nice."
A wistful look crossed over her face. "No one much wanted to be around the odd green-haired girl who would giggle at the air. Always seemed like there was someone looking down on me because I seemed to space out when listening to a ghost. More than once I had an instructor try to trip me up, try to prove I wasn't paying attention," she finished with a scoff. "It was frustrating at first, but I always passed everything with flying colors, as was expected of me. Not to mention my infiltration exam. Ghosts can really come in handy when you want to know something secret about an instructor." An almost shark-like grin crossed her face.

"You know, it's kinda boring to stand in one place when you're in a tourist town. Want to go somewhere?"

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She got closer, close enough he could almost slip an arm around her. Her chuckle was welcome. All of her was welcome. He honestly had no idea why he regretted seeing her at first just now. She was a vision. She was an angel. He looks down a bit, grinning at the flush on her cheeks. Were her thoughts going the same place? Of course, how could they not be. This was a match made in the eternities. He steps just a bit closer.

”Well, the fight with one left me not happy. But if you don’t mind…I think that would be a bout for the ages.” She went on to talk about a ghost, but Maki’s mind was suddenly elsewhere. On her lips, her eyes, her muscular arms and what peeks of her legs showed as they walked. Then she brings up the sibling fight and Maki is grounded in reality against, briefly.

His sibling was a monster, no doubt about it. Maki would be heartless. He could be ruthless and cruel and every horrible thing under the sun. Hoshikata was something else entirely. It wasn’t that he could be those things, but that he embodied them. He hurt just to hurt, he killed for no reason. Not even pleasure, just to do so. He was so petty that a perceived insult was met with such swift and horrible vengeance that those who did so might never know he felt insulted by their actions or words. Maki was often an immoral man who did bad things for good reasons. His brother had been the devil himself, doing things for only himself.

Maki’s arm snakes out as she finished speaking, pulling her by the waist to him. ”I think I would love to go somewhere. Not much point being in a tourist city without seeing the sights. I say the first stop should be my room. How does that sound?” It was forward, but the cocky air he’d been giving off today, nay the entire time he was here in Tea, was working on even him.

(FTB TLS assuming Hoshirei agrees)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki's response to her query somewhat surprised Hoshirei. While her mind hadn't quite formed the question with a response like that as a possible answer, she couldn't help but feel rather pleased by his response. His arm around her was certainly not unwelcome, only showing Hoshirei just how warm Maki was, and it felt awesome.

"I would not be adverse to that. Lead the way, Maki."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back