Loading...

Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Kumogakure is protected by a combination of impassable rock formations and sheer unclimbable cliff faces. The only access to and from the village is located within the Dragon Tooth Pass, where an opening was once blasted through stone in ancient times through means impossible to replicate today. This gap is now protected by the village gates, overseen by guard towers staffed with shinobi at all times. These men and women are constantly on alert for attempts at trespass or unlawful egress.
This is the village gates! You must post here to enter or leave Kumogakure.

Moderator: Cloud Council

User avatar
Umashiashikabihikoji
Cloud Anbu Captain
Cloud Anbu Captain
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Posts: 4634
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018
Secret Santa 18
I Battle Moderated Tea Tournament

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Image

And much like they'd been left, the red haired speedster from the East had made a return trip. Surprised to note that this was indeed the Shinrya Kitsune that he'd read about, the one that had the great mystery surrounded her, the demoted, the cast off, the . . . one who now looked very much like suspect number one in terms of the situation surrounded Ayumu. Looking to the Leaf delegation, his errant child in Yamaru and then to Kaji, this very much looked like the sort of situation that would be best allowed to handle itself elsewhere. If Kitsune was willing to allow one Raikage to be murdered and then be quick to jump on the grave of the next, then there were just some tricks that she probably wasn't above employing, namely getting their allies to co-sign.

All things considered, retreating, might be good. If Kitsune were the sort to continue to "not show unless allies were around" then they might be fortunate enough for her false election to be relatively ignored. Or even more poetically, she'd suffer the same sort of fate as the one's that she'd burned. However things ended up, they weren't about to end here because they'd sooner appear the enemy than the righteous if they attempted to call down justice here and now. Oh, it was true that if their roles were reversed than Konoha would operate in much the same way, but the wise thing was to not give credence to the fears of the ignorant. No, they weren't dumb or stupid in any stretch of the word, but they were obviously impressionable due to how quickly they believed the one versus the many.

Using an ethereal chakra like arm to reach out and grab Yamaru from his bonds, Musashi cared little for breaking the cuffs, only that he pulled the boy far from trouble as the intent was to hold him in the air like the ankle biter that he could be, before depositing him back behind the two ANBU. Ignoring Maki's insensitive remarks against one might might very well be mute but who hadn't been asked otherwise, Musashi scribbled a simple statement followed by three names and then capped his writing instrument and showed the notepad to Kaji before flipping it closed and shaking his head "no". Names that Kaji would know, names that Kaji would remember, and histories and circumstantial endings that would speak volumes. While he couldn't force Kaji to make a decision, he could call upon a favor of old, one that would hopefully get them all out of this alive. History often didn't tell all of the facts but history could be most unkind to those that attempted to cut corners. In the end, even the prize most sought after could taste like stale bread and bitter water after it was won. The best thing would be for them to let Kitsune have this one.


~There will be an answer, let it be . . .
Inu Endo
Hayata Shin
Kogami Ayumu
~


OOC: Attempting to grab Yamaru (as he'd be known officially) and pull him back towards an area behind Musashi and Kaji. Then attempting to leave the topic with Yamaru and Kaji.
Image
Image
User avatar
Myakashi Okuni
Mercenary
Mercenary
Cash on hand: Locked
Location: Yamigakure
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 am
Donator
Secret Santa 18

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:58 am

[OOC: Apologies. Nothing is entering due to silly rules.]
Image
Image
When one realizes one is actually a pawn, then, and only then, can one strive to be a queen.
User avatar
Maki
Leaf Sennin
Leaf Sennin
Contact:
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Ankh Morpork
Posts: 9806
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:48 am
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018
Secret Santa 18

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:14 pm

”Enough.”

This has quickly gone from an unusual welcome to a circus. And Maki, for his part, had heard enough to know they weren’t wanted here, and indeed did not want to be here. He raises his hand with three fingers up, then circles his hand before dropping it. The signal to his companions to board. As the carriage turns around, Maki focuses on the Kumo nin present.

”So. I’m going home. This is just a hair past stupid. You all need to get your village in order. And your behavior. And, quite frankly, your idea of an alliance if what I’ve seen here is any indication. Whoever ends up in charge can send us a request to renew the alliance later, but frankly after the lying and threats, I don’t see it happening.”

That done, Maki hops in the carriage which begins the journey back home.

(Thread exited, village not entered.)
User avatar
Haku Yuki
Leaf Head Jounin
Leaf Head Jounin
Cash on hand: Locked
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 pm
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:19 pm

It was clear that the negotiations were not getting anywhere and the female was not will to waste her time any further, the female walked back towards the carriage and open the door and climbed in, she was hoping that her absence would encourage the other to do that same.

[Topic Left, village not entered]
User avatar
Shinrya Kitsune
Raikage
Raikage
Contract Team Head
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Kumogakure No Sato
Posts: 4305
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm
Donator
Halloween Event
codemonkey

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Kitsune shook her head. The circus caused by the gate guard and then Kaji had soured things with the leaf delegation. She took the opportunity to step forward and shake Yuki’s hand, passing a small note from hers to Yukis ”I’m sorry we didn’t get to have our meeting. I do hope you’ll come again.” she said with a saddened smile ”I do apologize for all this.” she finished and let go of Yukis hand before heading back inside the village and out of sight.

[Note passed to Yuki; Topic left]
Image
Image
User avatar
Uchiha Yukio
Leaf Sennin
Leaf Sennin
Cash on hand: Locked
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 am
Valentine's Event 2018

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Watching his companions leave it was clear how this was going turning on his heels to rejoin them in the carriage sighing a moment wondering what exact condition the village was in to have been greeted in such a way his gaze resting on Maru as he was dragged away before shaking his head entering the carriage to leave.

[Topic Left, village not entered]
User avatar
Umashiashikabihikoji
Cloud Anbu Captain
Cloud Anbu Captain
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Posts: 4634
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018
Secret Santa 18
I Battle Moderated Tea Tournament

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:20 am

Image

Now that was just a bridge too far, in fact, Musashi was willing to let a lot of things slide but Maki certainly didn't have the jurisdiction to go about ending the alliance and even to that credit they certainly had in a rather matter of fact way, basically just showed up, requested to come in and then flipped the script at that last minute with a short order of barks and generally the sort of tom foolery that was both disrespectful and extra sketchy. To throw things further into the realm chaos, Kitsune was passing notes to the Hokage's wife? No. Musashi wasn't about let more of the letter passing go, not when that was the reason why they were here in the first place. Looking to Kaji and then Maru, Musashi shook his head in defiance, grabbed his notebook, scribbled a hasty message and then chucked it as hard and as fast as he could. As it sailed in the air, it would transform into a large, red and imposing (at least he thought so) octagon before getting big enough and obvious enough for all to read.

~Wait, we need to talk! Tea?~

While the intent wasn't to cause the car to wreck, there was the intent to completely stop them and figure out not only what the letter was going on about but also to figure out just what sort of continued shenanigans were going on. The bottom line was that this wasn't adding up, their story wasn't adding up and Kitsune was about to be locked up for continued borderline treasonous acts. All that Maki and company had to do was leave and all Kitsune had to do was leave, the added quips, the note passing and cute footsies weren't necessary and if they had a problem with it then they could certainly escalate the situation further. On second thought however, he'd just sit them down and have them explain things over tea. The Konoha folk were suddenly acting very self righteous when their own village wasn't doing so hot according to the rumors. Rumors that they could address in person now that they were here. Surely the two Sennin and the Hokage's wife would have answers and enjoy a spot of tea while divulging them, right? Snapping his fingers, he called upon Kin and Gin in the form of a tea pot, cups and a table to hold them. As he waited to see if the Leaf folk would swerve and keep moving or stop and talk, he'd nod to both Kaji and Yamaru, motioning to them to grab tea. All problems could be solved with words . . . if one allowed.

OOC: Stopping Maki, Yuki and Yukio from leaving the topic.

Which understandably is a bit of a conundrum because they've left the country but there's not a rule that I can see (I may be missing it) that says that I can't stop them from doing so.

OOC#2: Calling a [Bmod] in order to hash all of the sketchy stuff over tea, and to also attempt to save the Alliance.
Image
Image
User avatar
Keiji
Site Founder
Site Founder
Head Admin
Leaf Chief Med-Nin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Kumogakure
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:29 am
Donator
Event

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:01 am

Admin Call wrote:I've been in talks with the other Administrators, and this Bmod call is rendered invalid, as due to your previous post you are treated as having left the topic.
And now rejoining.
And due to this being your "First Post" you are unable to call a Bmod within it.
~Head Admin & Owner - PM if you need anything~
Image
Image
User avatar
Okada Kaji
Cloud Anbu Sennin
Cloud Anbu Sennin
Contact:
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: The stone that the builder refused.
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:17 pm
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018
Secret Santa 18

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:53 pm

One thousand curses— those thoughts going through the mind of a man who had seen and heard enough. Kaji Okada was silent for a few heartbeats, patiently biding time and even listening to the company speak their pieces. Normally, a serpent such as Kitsune would have fled into the underbrush in the presence of the likes of Kaji, yet she turned back and began a self-righteous retort. “Aren’t you as pretentious as ever,” Kaji countered with venom on his tongue. The Leaf ninja were merely an afterthought now, and the pawns put on the board in Kitsune’s game: a plan for ascension. “The Raikage is not some desk jockey… You have got a career built on politics and striving for the power of money, and you think that means something, but you don’t understand the first thing about what it takes to lead our people. The years you’ve wasted, long decades spent rubbing up against your nobles while true shinobi have done the work that makes the Cloud something worth leading. You lack the heart or the loyalty—” he paused to salt the earth with his spit. “You did nothing while Lord Hayate was murdered and you’ve done nothing but scheme while Lord Kogami wains. You traitorous cunt, I won’t entertain any of this a moment further... and with the full authority vested in me as Lord Commander of the Ansatsu Butai… Sennin Hand, Acting on the behalf of our TRUE Raikage… I hereby place you under arrest Kitsune Shinrya— on god, I’ll have your head for treason!”

The tyrade came to a sudden stop as Kaji reached out with one hand, raising it high. He brought it downward with a swiping motion, and on came a flood of shinobi in haze gray cloaks. They were masked men, ANBU of the elite caliber summoned at the call of their master. Look upon them Kitsune and see might: the cloud rises against all treachery. “Resist and we won’t hesitate to run Shinrya blood in the street… And that’s not a threat, it’s a promise.”

The flood of haze would also block every exit, sealing off Dragontooth Pass with shinobi in defensive postures. It was clear that the Hidden Cloud would not permit the Leaf Shinobi to leave so suddenly without more clarity behind their intentions. While Kaji was anything but calm, he’d try to keep some sibilance of cordiality with the ninja who were caught up in Kitsune’s scheming. “On the conspiracy of Kitsune’s treason, I’m sorry to say that we’ll need to detain you as well— but know that you will receive rooms rather than cells as our guests. Feel the need to resist and well… you know what must be done.”

-- I'm sure I don't need to defend the fact that I have a demanding work week and sometimes cannot post until the weekend (I'm off today). I'm not sure why everyone is in a rush to get out of here, but I assure you this isn't over. I am here with intentions of legitimate roleplay and care not for site politics. Notice me senpai.
-- Sennin Okada permits everyone to gtfo.
-- Calling BMOD.
-- Canceling Bmod call.
Last edited by Okada Kaji on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Image
Michi
Sand Anbu In Training
Sand Anbu In Training
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Posts: 8791
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 am
Secret Santa 18
I Battle Moderated Tea Tournament

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:17 pm

This thread is within the scope of the rules.
1 - Even if Umashi's Bmod call and attempt to stop them from leaving the thread is invalidated (because he just re-entered after leaving), he was stopped from leaving by Kaji.
2 - Kaji's Bmod call would be considered legitimate and within the scope of the site rules.
3 - Please verify that the information that this interaction is based on is grounded in information that you all know in character, please collect IC threads where the information has been passed onto you has been collected (Kitsune being involved with Shin's death). If there is no such record of this being transmitted, please modify your post to reflect this. If such a record does exist, please hyperlink it in your next post.
4 - Best of luck, please treat each other with respect and try to avoid creating more site drama.
5 - I will not be moderating this encounter due to the potential allegation of conflict of interest with the users involved in this thread.
User avatar
Okada Kaji
Cloud Anbu Sennin
Cloud Anbu Sennin
Contact:
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: The stone that the builder refused.
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:17 pm
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018
Secret Santa 18

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:58 am

Bmod call has been canceled. Everybody, do what you want.
Image
Image
User avatar
Shinrya Kitsune
Raikage
Raikage
Contract Team Head
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Location: Kumogakure No Sato
Posts: 4305
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm
Donator
Halloween Event
codemonkey

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:20 pm

[Ooc: With the bmod cancelled and no one being stopped anymore as per Kajis edits, I'm gone before Umashi even came back.]
Image
Image
User avatar
Haku Yuki
Leaf Head Jounin
Leaf Head Jounin
Cash on hand: Locked
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 pm
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:43 pm

[OCC: Left topic as not in Cloud anymore anyway]
User avatar
Umashiashikabihikoji
Cloud Anbu Captain
Cloud Anbu Captain
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Posts: 4634
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018
Secret Santa 18
I Battle Moderated Tea Tournament

Re: Guess He Doesn't Learn Too Well (Requesting Entry)

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Drat! Well, that hadn't worked, which was as much a gamble as any. Unable to stop the Konoha folk, Musashi shook his head and looked towards Kaji before sighing. "Well, we tried, eh?" With the initial threat to his peace gone, he put his hands into his pockets and kicked at the ground with the tip of his boot. It wasn't all that long ago when he and Kaji had been the ones seeking to gain a meeting with the Raikage. It hadn't been that long ago when he'd been the one calling the shots and making the decisions on the front line, which was a lot for what could be said about the others who could not or simply would not. "You gotta give that Kitsune credit though, at least she had the pair to show up in person, the Fourth though . . . more envoys instead of addressing the world as a leader might. It's a shame really, he wasn't taught to be that way, but I guess that the paranoia has gone to his head."

Looking back to Yamaru, his face twisted behind his mask as a draft of wind further muffled his voice from carrying too far beyond Kaji and himself.
"You know, had they tried it, I would have risked it all for him. Mi familia es mi fuerza y ​​mi debilidad . . . as you might say, eh?" Slipping into the language that he knew those of Iwagakure might, he chuckled and shook his head once more. "But this issue that we now have. Ayumu is down for the count, our treaty may or may not have been just formally ended and we've vermin in the main house. In my younger days I would have done what was necessary without hesitation but in my old age, I wonder about the ramifications a lot more. War can be one heck of a headache." Thinking about how the Yamaguchi had both risen and fallen before his eyes, he wondered if he'd be forced to choose a contentious side of history to be on or not. He owed Takeshi one, that much was true, but one was the loneliest number and unfortunately that's where the buck stopped. Calming his heart, he realized that some decisions would be made with or without him and slowing his breathing he took his hands out of his pockets and clasped his hands together. "I'll go get my affairs in order but trust that I don't plan on dying just yet." Saluting his branch leader, he turned around and began to walk back towards his perch.

OOC: Topic left.
Image
Image

Return to “Dragon Tooth Pass”