50 Shades of RP [Private, Requesting Reicheru]

Originally a gigantic, near cyclopean edifice, the library was constructed centuries ago by the original progenitors of Cloud who had sought to create a bastion for thought, understanding and knowledge. Meticulously re-modeled, re-decorated and re-built, it has managed to survive centuries of both renaissance and darkness. Today it exists as Cloud's most prominent architectural chronograph as well as the world's most premiere source of written lore and learning.

Moderator: Cloud Council

Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Cash on hand: Locked

50 Shades of RP [Private, Requesting Reicheru]

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:49 am

Dreary, weathered pages littered the table, the coveted information within hidden as thoroughly as the village itself. Was it not human nature to aspire towards greater power? Though, in what name was he even searching for strength... protection? Retribution? Hira sighed, black hair falling like waterfalls with his sullen demeanor.
Saitou Reicheru
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Secret Santa 18

Re: 50 Shades of RP [Private, Requesting Reicheru]

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:14 am

Sighs, groans, frustration. Over a year later, yet the scene remained the same - the same girl with the same books practicing the same sounds working toward the same goal. Progress didn't come without cost, but how sweet the payoff. From the stack, tired, wandering grey eyes might catch another pair...
Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:30 am

The gir'ls eyes caught the attention of his own, her sounds almost as gross as intriguing. An eyebrow raise signified Hira's confusion, and might signal conversation if she were so inclined, though he would soon look back at his own research, not wanting to disturb someone else hard at work.
Saitou Reicheru
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Secret Santa 18

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:34 am

From between the two messes of dark hair and across the desks, the connection was made. A grimace signified her embarrassment over the hullabaloo, before pointing to the books and notes sprawled about. "Vulgar Kumogakurian," she said, earning a "shhh" from her neighbor. "Do you speak it?" a whisper followed.
Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:12 am

"Never bothered." Hira said quietly back to the girl. "Didn't seem like something I would need." In truth he had been too busy with his own research into different techniques on chakra manipulation. "What's it used for anyway?" He put down his own book in a show of respectful attention.
Saitou Reicheru
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Secret Santa 18

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:57 am

So most Kumogakurians really didn't speak their own language. Interesting. "You know. Missions up north, researching older texts, connection to culture, a pay raise." Rei smiled. "I'm big into history, so nerdy stuff like that appeals to me," she said while scooting closer so they could hear each other better.
Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:01 am

He had heard of the strange language in his time in the village, but was never told it could be so important. "My parents were refugees from... another village. They never took the time to show me this when I grew up. His eyes perked, beginning to be genuinely peaked.
Saitou Reicheru
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Secret Santa 18

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:28 am

Reicheru's head titled at the word 'refugees', pausing for a moment. "All the more reason to learn it - or at least about it, great way to get connected to a new home in my opinion. But what's that worth?" Her hand extended to formally greet the boy. "I'm Nanjirou Rei."
Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:23 am

"Teishu Hira." He replied with a smile, holding out his hand and giving her a firm shake before continuing on. "You don't give yourself enough credit. I find the ones you know the least are quite often the ones that can offer you the best advice. Less reason to lie."
Saitou Reicheru
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Secret Santa 18

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:14 pm

"I suppose, though you can never be too careful," she commented with a playful smile, shaking her head. "But I like your perspective, Teishu-san. Tell me, what have you got here?" Her gaze drifted to the smattering of pages atop the table. "You don't look thrilled by whatever it is."
Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Hira grinned reluctantly as he looked down at his studies. "Well, I'm trying to find out how I might manipulate the chakra of my weapon in new ways... I have a bit of an odd weapon so any edge I can gain with it isn't something I'll easily pass up."
Saitou Reicheru
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Secret Santa 18

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:44 am

Though she came from a clan of swordsmen, Rei had always been intrigued by weaponry of all kinds - especially if it had mechanics she could tinker with. She would have been a great rifleman. "How odd?" Her tone was excitedly curious, her own intrigue now having been met in turn.
Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 am

"Well..." Hira tried to formulate the best way to present the oddity to her, but realized showing her may be an easier task. Pulling up his sleeve he revealed several long corded-steel lines connected to blades. "It's a looooong story, but me and my old man are kind of inseparable."
Saitou Reicheru
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Secret Santa 18

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:42 am

Though Rei was garbage with any sort of projectile, she was admittedly mesmerized by the unique chain-and-blade weapon. The sparkle in her eye was only dimmed by the implication of his explanation. "If anyone knows what you mean by that, it's a Nanjirou. Sorry to hear about your father though."
Hirateuchi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:13 am

Hira's eyebrow raised as he heard her speak. "It's fine, it's something I've long since finished grieving. Thank you, though, Rei. But, you sound like you know your way around a weapon. What's your story?" He pushed his books to the side, their contents no longer being his primary interest.

Return to “Bibliotheca Conscientiae”