Come one, Come All! [Looking for a fight]

The pinnacle of cloud village engineering and usage of Lightning Country resources, the Grand Colosseum. A giant elliptical amphitheater, constructed using various stones, metals, and cement, capable of seating around 50,000 spectators. The Colosseum plays the stage to many type of events, shows, and entertainment, and the outside wall is home to many various shops relating to warfare, food fitness, souvenirs, theatre and training.

Moderator: Cloud Council

Tatsuo
Cloud Jounin
Cloud Jounin
Cash on hand: Locked
I Battle Moderated Tea Tournament

Come one, Come All! [Looking for a fight]

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:34 am

It had been ages since Tatsuo had spent even more than a few nights in the village. Growing incredibly bored of the day to day missions and duty of a shinobi he managed to take a year or so off for some personal growth. Or so as he said. Really what he had done was gone around tearing up the local boxing scene all throughout the lightning country. Due to his skill as a shinobi he pulled punches and did not use chakra to his advantage, but even when limiting himself he found it hard to find anything he would consider a real challenge. After some big ticket matches in Raiden's Eye he returned back to the Village Hidden in the Clouds, hopefully to brush up on some of his abilities as a ninja.

He remembered from his youth that there were times when men would just suddenly enter battle in the Colosseum, much like his sensei so long ago. The fight was still ingrained into his mind and occasionally he would wake up in a dry sweat thinking of the intense flames Kaen was able to produce. However that battle with Kaen truly stirred something in the boy. A sense of thrill he could only find in combat, a strange euphoria for a pacifist but Tatsuo at heart did not want to harm anyone, but he still wanted to fight strong opponents. Even with a few years of maturity, age, and all the great things that come with it he still could not shake off the urge to fight.

So here stood the shinobi, in the middle of the arena, grinning as he remembered all of the memories he had of this rugged battle ground. His first real battle against another shinobi was here. He couldn't help but giggle at his reaction to that first fight, as he had only been looking for a lost bouncy ball. He wondered what happened to the nationalistic shinobi that assailed him that day. He had kept an eye out for her throughout his time here in the village, but even with a few more years under his belt he never managed to cross paths with her again. With that, he let out a sigh. Sooner or later someone would show up for a fight.

[someone come fight me plz - bmod]
Omoi Tetsu
Cloud Genin
Cloud Genin
Bank: Locked

Re: Come one, Come All! [Looking for a fight]

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:50 am

Tetsu wasn't exactly what you might call a seasoned veteran of the shinobi world, but he had found a way to navigate enough missions successfully that he felt confident in looking down at the participants in the upcoming battle, whoever they might be, from the comfort of his theater seat. Making his way down through the relatively empty Colosseum, he found a seat a bit closer to the action as he wondered what the deal was with the piddling crowd. It was true that he had never been to the arena before, but was it always this pathetic? Well, he supposed it was no surprise in Cloud, a place that seemed just a little bit humorless to the provocative teenager. These were typically not warriors that competed, obviously. Most of the people who liked to challenge people in public did so because they were fundamentally insecure in their own strength, and didn't particularly put much stock in the idea that a real opponent would certainly value an opportunity to learn more about the techniques of the person he would one day face. There was a reason, in other words, that the shinobi most revered for their strength would stop competing in any events after they had reached a certain level.

The boy sat down carefully, pulling his soda away from under his chin, unstacking it from the top of his popcorn, and prepared to settle in. He looked at the boy standing in the middle of the stadium. This must have been the typical setup, and it made sense from a dramatic standpoint, to have the most anticipated fighter arrive with a little bit of fanfare and ceremony, giving the crowd something to cheer for. Still though, the kid in the middle could do something to entertain the crowd while they waited. It was no wonder he was seemingly the less popular pick. Did he come early or something?

"Hey!" The boy yelled out to the center of the stadium. If he was being honest with himself, he rarely knew where these tirades were going to go when he started one, but it was enjoyable enough to simply see where it would go. Improvisation, after all, was as much a part of battle prowess as physical strength. "I know you think you're here to test your strength or whatever, but we paid for a show! Aren't you going to dance or something to entertain us while we wait?" Fortunately, he had a full cup of soda to whip at the boy in the center of the stadium, and yes, that is ultimately what be bought the drink for. The popcorn was for when the fighter took the bait and came closer, since you can't really throw popcorn very far. "Yeah, dance, you dumb monkey! Don't you know how to play the crowd here?" God, quite frankly, he didn't know what the crowd would have done if he wasn't there. They should've really hired someone like him to stand out in the ring with a chair and a whip to get the performers riled up to do something that wasn't just standing around.

"Hey, don't you think that's kind of rude?" A woman two seats in front of him turned down to finally ask him, some hesitation in the confrontation written all over her face, but she was the sort that very clearly would have been fuming over it all day if she hadn't said something. Well, the boy was certainly not going to let her get her relief; he was perfectly capable of aggravating two people at once.
"Hey, don't you think you should mind your own business if you're so concerned with politeness?"
"That's a really rude way to speak to someone else, you know that? No one asked you-" The boy interrupted her though, kicking the chair in front of him obnoxiously just to cause more of a scene and interrupt her.
"I guess you're gonna have to find a way to get over it, huh?" Mission accomplished. He would be damned if anyone was going to leave an argument with him less frustrated and annoyed than when they entered. If you want to discourage future behaviours, you really have to consistently get on top of negatively reinforcing them. He was fine with any part of the stadium turning in public opinion against him too, he was in his element having the few scattered and dirty looks cast upon him. Besides, if he wasn't going to see a show, he was going to become one.
Slots: Regular: [1][2][3][4], Event: [Off], Contract: [On], Exam: [Off], Mission: [Off], Class: [Off]
Tatsuo
Cloud Jounin
Cloud Jounin
I Battle Moderated Tea Tournament

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:52 am

Tatsuo had been waiting for a long while, mostly whistling a tune to himself as he saw some of the crowd starting to fill in. It was often that people who had nothing better to do in the village would start popping up if they heard a shinobi was fighting in the ring. Tatsuo being something of a novelty as well considering he was from Leaf. However, it was not instant that a challenger came to oppose him. He waited and waited until some of the members of the crowd grew restless. He didn't really think anyone was going to step up until a particularly rowdy young man urged him to dance. While some of the crowd was not all excited by the fact that he mocked Tatsuo like that, the ex-Leaf ninja found it funny. Giving a smirk and a chuckle the ninja shouted out to the boy who was causing all the ruckus.

"You seem a little energetic, how about you come down here and show me what you've got?" he said readying himself in a stance, with an open challenge to the ninja. Would be quite the humiliation had he not answered but Tatsuo was now already for the fight he hoped the boy wouldn't chicken out!

[Calling B-Mod]
Kanagawa Nozomi
Cloud Jounin
Cloud Jounin
Bank: Locked
Donator
Secret Santa 18

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:51 am

Welcome to a Moderated Battle!
I will be your B-Mod -- Kanagawa Nozomi!
I will be asking for the following:
+ Username
+ OOC Rank
+ Character Level
+ Custom Class
+ Stats (Tai, Nin, Gen, Stam, Agi, CC -- Order isn't important)
+ Bloodline/Core Ability (Provide a Link)
+ Kinjutsu (if applicable) (Provide a link)
+ Abilities (Link every ability)
+ Inventory (Link every item)
+ Pouch Types (You can fill in what goes in there (of that type) later on)
+ Weapons (if applicable)
+ Branch (Main/Medic/ANBU)
+ Jutsu List (Link EVERY Jutsu)
+ Contract Summon (if applicable)
+ Bodies (Dependent on Kinjutsu) -- I'll need all their information too
+ Cursed Seals (if applicable)
+ Strategist Slots (if applicable)
+ Anything else I missed but you feel would be needed in the fight.

Afterwards, in a separate PM, send me your actions. I do have some ground rules though ::
+ Link EVERYTHING you do (besides basic strikes anyway) to what you are doing in EVERY post you send to me. If you are doing a jutsu, I want a link to that jutsu. If it's from a bloodline, link to the bloodline, etc.
+ As with above, if you are using something from a particular augment, link that. If you are using something from your bloodline/core ability/kinjutsu, link to that table. If you are using something from a particular ability, link to the particular ability!
+ When doing calculations, don't calculate damage or CP. I'll do that myself.
+ Place the AP of your jutsu in your actions (makes things easier for me)
+ If there are anything that might modify your actions -- such as if you have +25% ninjutsu damage and you're doing a ninjutsu, stating it there will help me remember those buffs.
+ Make your actions clear and concise -- a wall of text makes it hard to read your actions even if you are comboing.
+ Keep your conditionals in mind. Only things you'd know IC can be used as conditionals.
+ You have exactly 48 hours to submit an RP and send actions. Failure to do this will result in being placed in Defensive Mode and doing nothing else. (other than smart actions)
+ Do not harass me on any medium about the battle. If I made a mistake (or a few) send me a PM (be courteous) and I'll go and fix it.
+ Label all round actions by the round they are for. so Round 1 actions -- Label the PM "Round 1 Actions" By approving this mod, you agree to follow the stated rules above.

Good luck to the competitors and FIGHT ON!

NOTE: First round will take a little while to put up due to having to compile all numbers together and all that -- so be patient with round 1.

IMPORTANT: I do not entertain "RAW vs RAI" arguments. If a thing is modded a certain way, that's how it will be modded. If you have any gripes about how it's modded, please make a suggestion to get it's wording fixed.

Return to “Vespasian Colosseum”