Kensei

All the information you could ever want on Kinjutsu!
Ninpocho Admin
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cash on hand: Locked

Kensei

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:34 am

Kensei
A forbidden practice that can only be accomplished through a mutual bond between a shinobi and their weapon. Almost all shinobi use weapons of some sort, and many specialize into a specific kind or even a single weapon. Some even have been known to form such a bond with their weapon that their weapons seem to take on trait themselves. These are the few Shinobi that have bonded with their weapon to such a degree, that their weapons share much more than a portion of the user's spirit, and the two have been intertwined forever. The Kensei refers to the bond between the Weapon and the wielder, and at times the weapon itself. Weapons strengthened by sharing the user's soul are much more powerful than their soulless counterparts, and are much more than simply tools for fighting.

Information
Prerequisites: Kinjutsu Application, 3 Ability Slots, B Rank

Effects:
  • When obtained the user selects one Custom Weapon in their inventory to become their "signature weapon" via their Dojo thread.
    • The user's signature weapon gains +1 Augment Slot.
    • For the cost of 1 AP the user may rearrange the Accuracy/Damage modifiers of their signature weapon or swap a single augment for another augment they have in their inventory. This may only be done once per round.
    • Unless specifically noted otherwise in the technique all Kensei techniques are considered a Taijutsu which corresponds to the weapon type of the user's signature weapon.
    • This Kinjutsu, all of its techniques, and its user are considered Spiritual
Ninpocho Admin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Kensei

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 am

Force of Will - Passive Ability
While not truly alive in the conventional sense the signature weapon of Kensei typically develop facets of human personalities which allows the semi-sentient weapon to aid their partner in overcoming situations where their senses have been compromised. This unfortunately for the weapon's partner can sometimes be a double-edged sword as along with those facimilies of personality also occasionally comes a sense of ego that must be contended with.

Information
Prerequisites
Kensei

Effect: User's signature weapon gains an independent sense of willpower. This grants it an independent Genjutsu Save statistic from the user's and allows it to use that Genjutsu Save to assist the user.
  • Signature weapon's Genjutsu Save is equal to the user's Genjutsu Save -5.
  • Any time an opponent targets the user with a Genjutsu they automatically target the user's signature weapon as well. If the signature weapon resists the opposing Genjutsu but the user fails then the user is automatically aware they are under a Genjutsu.
  • Once per round the user's signature weapon may attempt to dispel an opposing Genjutsu affecting the user costing the user 1 AP. This requires a Genjutsu Save against the opposing Genjutsu and if the signature weapon succeeds then the targeted Genjutsu is dispelled.
Note(s):
- User must be aware they are under a Genjutsu in order for their signature weapon to attempt to dispel it.
Ninpocho Admin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Myriad Strike - Special Activated Ability
Due to the special bond that is developed, a Kensei will start becoming "one with the sword", in both a literal and a metaphorical sense. The Kensei is now able to flow from attack to attack, as if the sword was one with his body instead of just an extension of metal.

Information
Prerequisites
Kensei

Effect:
  • The user is able to link up to 4 AP worth of Taijutsu to be performed consecutively upon a single target, with each successful action giving the next +5% Damage and +1 Accuracy if successful.
  • The user pays normal Ap costs for each technique, however pays only 80% of any Cp costs.
Note:
- Does not cost AP this only needs to be declared.
- The buff is only increased once for a Multi-Hitting Action, treating the action as if it were the same as a single strike attack.
- Bonuses last only for the remainder of the combo, and may only stack up to +3 Accuracy and +15% Damage.
- May be used once per round, User loses -1 Dodge for each action after the first, stacking up to -3 Dodge. This lasts the remainder of the round.
- Increase CP cost by 10% the round this is used.
Ninpocho Admin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Visceral Rend - B-Rank Taijutsu
After transforming, the weapon becomes much more powerful. Now what would happen if the user tried to drive that weapon through the stomach of their opponent? Sounds like a party! That's what this technique is, an attempt to drive the weapon, even if it's a blunt weapon , straight through the opponent. If it is a bow type weapon, then the user fires a much larger arrow aimed directly at the stomach and attached to a string. Then the user pulls out the weapon/arrow. The results are pretty deadly. The technique itself, however, is incredibly exhausting.

Information
Prerequisites
Kensei, B-Rank

Rank 1: Strikes a single target dealing 1,725 Damage at -3 Accuracy. This jutsu has two 15% chances to inflict the 'Tear' effect.
Rank 2: Strikes a single target dealing 2,025 Damage at -2 Accuracy. This jutsu has two 18% chances to inflict the 'Tear' effect.
Rank 1 Cost: 625 Cp
Rank 2 Cost: 735 Cp

Notes:
- Accuracy and damage type is determined by the user's signature weapon.
- Visceral Rend's Accuracy is reduced by a further -2 Accuracy each time it is used in a round past the first.
- The 'Tear' effect raises the bleed level of a normal target and causes them to take half their Bleeding Damage, or disperses clones on a clone target.
Ninpocho Admin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:37 am

Overwhelming Power - B-Rank Taijutsu
A Kensei's weapon is a fusion of both Taijutsu and Ninjutsu mastery creating the perfect storm of supernatural effects and martial might. It should come at no surprise that a Kensei is able to use their signature weapon to defeat the power of offensive techniques which are directed at them. Not so much an actual "technique" as it is simply throwing all of the combined force of their own power and the power of their signature weapon against an incoming attack, Kensei are able to simply overpower and diffuse offending attacks with their very determination.

Information
Prerequisites
Kensei

Rank 1: Allows the user to reflexively "attack" an opponent's offensive action at normal Accuracy. If the result of their Attack Roll is higher than the Attack Roll for the targeted attack then the attack is negated entirely. If the user's Attack Roll is not higher they are hit automatically by the targeted attack.
Master Rank: Allows the user to reflexively "attack" an opponent's offensive action at +2 Accuracy. If the result of their Attack Roll is higher than the Attack Roll for the targeted attack then the attack is negated entirely. If the user's Attack Roll is not higher they are hit automatically by the targeted attack.

Cost:
Rank 1: AP equal to the offensive action attacked's AP cost and CP equal to 80% of the offensive action being attack's CP cost
Master Rank: AP equal to the offensive action being attacked's AP cost and CP equal to 40% of the offensive action being attack's CP cost

Note:
- May be used to "attack" offensive actions targeting other players as well but if Overwhelming Power is used in that manner then it suffers a -5 Accuracy penalty at both ranks and they are not hit automatically if their Attack Roll is not higher.
- Overwhelming Power is resolved after passive Auto-Dodge/Miss rolls but before Activated Auto-Dodge techniques.
Ninpocho Admin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:37 am

Omni-Flash - A-Rank Taijutsu
As the Kensei weapon draws upon its soul-link with it's wielder and gains new, stronger abilities, so too does its limits to the skills being able to be performed. Once released into its upgraded form, the user and their weapon are able to perform new techniques unique to their bond. Taking many different shapes or forms, this technique is often a one-of-a-kind skill that cannot be replicated by any other shinobi, a unique mixture between Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. This makes recklessly challenging the wielder of a Kensei a dangerous decision, as one can never fully expect just what manner of techniques they are capable of unleashing.

Information
Prerequisites
Kensei

Rank 1: User can combine a Ninjutsu and a Taijutsu that they know up to B-Rank together. Omni-Flash deals damage equal to 75% of the total damage the combined jutsu would deal and inherits all effects, debuffs and Special Actions from both jutsu.
Master Rank: User can combine a Ninjutsu and a Taijutsu that they know up to A-Rank together. Omni-Flash deals damage equal to 75% of the total damage the combined jutsu would deal and inherits all effects, debuffs and Special Actions from both jutsu.

Cost:
Rank 1: AP equal to the AP cost of the higher AP jutsu +0.5 and 120% of the total combined CP cost.
Master Rank: AP equal to the AP cost of the higher AP jutsu +0.5 and 80% of the total combined CP cost.

Note:
- Omni-Flash is the same Damage and Accuracy type of Taijutsu as the user's signature weapon's primary Damage type and the Accuracy bonus/penalty for it is averaged out between the two combined jutsu's bonuses/penalties. In addition Omni-Flash receives bonuses/penalties from both appropriate Ninjutsu and Taijutsu-related effects.
- User must be wielding their signature weapon to cast Omni-Flash.
- Omni-Flash may only be cast once every three rounds and may never be used with any Bloodline or Core Ability jutsu.
Ninpocho Admin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 am

Kindred Fusion - S-Rank Buffing Taijutsu
The peak of the Kensei's bond with it's wielder, this jutsu is a secret technique only capable of being performed by the user and their weapon. This technique allows the User to merge with their weapon, fusing into a new form the grants the user all of the abilities held by their Kensei. This form varies widely depending on the type of weapon wielded by the user, and its effects can range from simply razor sharp talons, to full-body shapeshifting that mimics the design of their weapon. While in this form, the user and their weapon literally fight as one, and share skills honed through an unbreakable bond.

Information
Prerequisites
Kensei, S-Rank, All other Kensei techniques

Master Rank: User and signature weapon fuse together. While fused the user's other Kensei abilities and jutsu are modified.
  • Signature weapon's Accuracy/Damage modifiers are changed to +2/+10% regardless of what they are normally.
  • The signature weapon's independent Genjutsu Save gained from Force of Will applies directly to the user. This means that any opposing Genjutsu must succeed against both Saves to affect the user but they may no longer use the 1 AP action to dispel Genjutsu already affecting them.
  • Omni-Flash may now be used once each round rather than once every three rounds.
Cost: 4.5 Ap, 4320 Cp to initiate. 2060 Cp/Rnd.

Note:
- Does not use handseals.
- User is still considered to be wielding their signature weapon while Kindred Fusion is active but they may cast jutsu which require handseals unimpeded and cannot be involuntarily separated from their weapon by any means.
Aikayume Azusa
Admin
Admin
Sand Med-Nin in Training
Valentine's Event 2018

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 am

Code: Select all

[quote][fontsize="12"][b]Kensei[/b] 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/XZCxAVK.png[/img]
A forbidden practice that can only be accomplished through a mutual bond between a shinobi and their weapon. Almost all shinobi use weapons of some sort, and many specialize into a specific kind or even a single weapon. Some even have been known to form such a bond with their weapon that their weapons seem to take on trait themselves. These are the few Shinobi that have bonded with their weapon to such a degree, that their weapons share much more than a portion of the user's spirit, and the two have been intertwined forever. The Kensei refers to the bond between the Weapon and the wielder, and at times the weapon itself. Weapons strengthened by sharing the user's soul are much more powerful than their soulless counterparts, and are much more than simply tools for fighting.

[i]Information[/i]
[b]Prerequisites:[/b] Kinjutsu Application, 3 Ability Slots, B Rank

[u][b]Effects:[/b][/u]
[list][*] When obtained the user selects one Custom Weapon in their inventory to become their "signature weapon" via their Dojo thread.[list][*] The user's signature weapon gains +1 Augment Slot.[*] For the cost of 1 AP the user may rearrange the Accuracy/Damage modifiers of their signature weapon or swap a single augment for another augment they have in their inventory.  This may only be done once per round.
[*] Unless specifically noted otherwise in the technique all Kensei techniques are considered a Taijutsu which corresponds to the weapon type of the user's signature weapon.
[*] This Kinjutsu, all of its techniques, and its user are considered [color=green][glow=green][i]Spiritual[/i][/color][/glow][/list][/list][/fontsize][/quote]

[quote][fontsize="12"][b]Force of Will - [i]Passive Ability[/i][/b] 
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jLHadQA.png[/img]
While not truly alive in the conventional sense the signature weapon of Kensei typically develop facets of human personalities which allows the semi-sentient weapon to aid their partner in overcoming situations where their senses have been compromised.  This unfortunately for the weapon's partner can sometimes be a double-edged sword as along with those facimilies of personality also occasionally comes a sense of ego that must be contended with.

[i]Information[/i]
[b]Prerequisites[/b]
Kensei

[b]Effect:[/b] User's signature weapon gains an independent sense of willpower.  This grants it an independent Genjutsu Save statistic from the user's and allows it to use that Genjutsu Save to assist the user.[list]
[*] Signature weapon's Genjutsu Save is equal to the user's Genjutsu Save -5.
[*] Any time an opponent targets the user with a Genjutsu they automatically target the user's signature weapon as well.  If the signature weapon resists the opposing Genjutsu but the user fails then the user is automatically aware they are under a Genjutsu. 
[*] Once per round the user's signature weapon may attempt to dispel an opposing Genjutsu affecting the user costing the user 1 AP.  This requires a Genjutsu Save against the opposing Genjutsu and if the signature weapon succeeds then the targeted Genjutsu is dispelled.[/list]

[i]Note(s)[/i]:
- Does not take up an Ability Slot.
- User must be aware they are under a Genjutsu in order for their signature weapon to attempt to dispel it.[/fontsize][/quote]

[quote][fontsize="12"][b]Myriad Strike - [i]Special Activated Ability[/i][/b] 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/uJJMKkf.png[/img]
Due to the special bond that is developed, a Kensei will start becoming "one with the sword", in both a literal and a metaphorical sense. The Kensei is now able to flow from attack to attack, as if the sword was one with his body instead of just an extension of metal.

[i]Information[/i]
[b]Prerequisites[/b]
Kensei

[b]Effect:[/b]  [list][*] The user is able to link up to 4 AP worth of Taijutsu to be performed consecutively upon a single target, with each successful action giving the next +5% Damage and +1 Accuracy if successful. 
[*] The user pays normal Ap costs for each technique, however pays only 80% of any Cp costs.[/list]

[i]Note:[/i]
- Does not take up an Ability Slot.
- Does not cost AP this only needs to be declared.
- The buff is only increased once for a Multi-Hitting Action, treating the action as if it were the same as a single strike attack.
- Bonuses last only for the remainder of the combo, and may only stack up to +3 Accuracy and +15% Damage.
- May be used once per round, User loses -1 Dodge for each action after the first, stacking up to -3 Dodge. This lasts the remainder of the round.
- Increase CP cost by 10% the round this is used.[/fontsize][/quote]

[quote][fontsize="12"][b]Visceral Rend - [i]B-Rank Taijutsu[/i][/b] 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/QfGJ2pC.png[/img]
After transforming, the weapon becomes much more powerful.  Now what would happen if the user tried to drive that weapon through the stomach of their opponent?  Sounds like a party!  That's what this technique is, an attempt to drive the weapon, even if it's a blunt weapon , straight through the opponent.  If it is a bow type weapon, then the user fires a much larger arrow aimed directly at the stomach and attached to a string.  Then the user pulls out the weapon/arrow.  The results are pretty deadly.  The technique itself, however, is incredibly exhausting.

[i]Information[/i]
[b]Prerequisites[/b]
Kensei, B-Rank

[b]Rank 1:[/b] Strikes a single target dealing 1,725 Damage at -3 Accuracy.  This jutsu has two 15% chances to inflict the 'Tear' effect.
[b]Rank 2:[/b] Strikes a single target dealing 2,025 Damage at -2 Accuracy.  This jutsu has two 18% chances to inflict the 'Tear' effect.
[b]Rank 1 Cost:[/b] 625 Cp
[b]Rank 2 Cost:[/b] 735 Cp

[i]Notes:[/i]
- Accuracy and damage type is determined by the user's signature weapon.
- [i]Visceral Rend[/i]'s Accuracy is reduced by a further -2 Accuracy each time it is used in a round past the first.
- The 'Tear' effect raises the bleed level of a normal target and causes them to take half their Bleeding Damage, or disperses clones on a clone target.[/fontsize][/quote]

[quote][fontsize="12"][b]Overwhelming Power - [i]B-Rank Taijutsu[/i][/b] 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/XeA97Ky.png[/img]
A Kensei's weapon is a fusion of both Taijutsu and Ninjutsu mastery creating the perfect storm of supernatural effects and martial might.  It should come at no surprise that a Kensei is able to use their signature weapon to defeat the power of offensive techniques which are directed at them.  Not so much an actual "technique" as it is simply throwing all of the combined force of their own power and the power of their signature weapon against an incoming attack, Kensei are able to simply overpower and diffuse offending attacks with their very determination.

[i]Information[/i]
[b]Prerequisites[/b]
Kensei

[b]Rank 1[/b]: Allows the user to reflexively "attack" an opponent's offensive action at normal Accuracy.  If the result of their Attack Roll is higher than the Attack Roll for the targeted attack then the attack is negated entirely.  If the user's Attack Roll is not higher they are hit automatically by the targeted attack.
[b]Master Rank[/b]: Allows the user to reflexively "attack" an opponent's offensive action at +2 Accuracy.  If the result of their Attack Roll is higher than the Attack Roll for the targeted attack then the attack is negated entirely.  If the user's Attack Roll is not higher they are hit automatically by the targeted attack.

[i]Cost[/i]:
[b]Rank 1[/b]: AP equal to the offensive action attacked's AP cost and CP equal to 80% of the offensive action being attack's CP cost
[b]Master Rank[/b]: AP equal to the offensive action being attacked's AP cost and CP equal to 40% of the offensive action being attack's CP cost

- May be used to "attack" offensive actions targeting other players as well but if [i]Overwhelming Power[/i] is used in that manner then it suffers a -5 Accuracy penalty at both ranks and they are not hit automatically if their Attack Roll is not higher.
- [i]Overwhelming Power[/i] is resolved after passive Auto-Dodge/Miss rolls but before Activated Auto-Dodge techniques.[/fontsize][/quote]

[quote][fontsize="12"][b]Omni-Flash - [i]A-Rank Taijutsu[/i][/b] 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/LezbnNK.png[/img]
As the Kensei weapon draws upon its soul-link with it's wielder and gains new, stronger abilities, so too does its limits to the skills being able to be performed. Once released into its upgraded form, the user and their weapon are able to perform new techniques unique to their bond. Taking many different shapes or forms, this technique is often a one-of-a-kind skill that cannot be replicated by any other shinobi, a unique mixture between Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. This makes recklessly challenging the wielder of a Kensei a dangerous decision, as one can never fully expect just what manner of techniques they are capable of unleashing.

[i]Information[/i]
[b]Prerequisites[/b]
Kensei

[b]Rank 1[/b]: User can combine a Ninjutsu and a Taijutsu that they know up to B-Rank together. [i]Omni-Flash[/i] deals damage equal to 75% of the total damage the combined jutsu would deal and inherits all effects, debuffs and Special Actions from both jutsu.
[b]Master Rank[/b]: User can combine a Ninjutsu and a Taijutsu that they know up to A-Rank together. [i]Omni-Flash[/i] deals damage equal to 75% of the total damage the combined jutsu would deal and inherits all effects, debuffs and Special Actions from both jutsu.

[i]Cost[/i]:
[b]Rank 1[/b]: AP equal to the AP cost of the higher AP jutsu +0.5 and 120% of the total combined CP cost.
[b]Master Rank[/b]: AP equal to the AP cost of the higher AP jutsu +0.5 and 80% of the total combined CP cost.

- [i]Omni-Flash[/i] is the same Damage and Accuracy type of Taijutsu as the user's signature weapon's primary Damage type and the Accuracy bonus/penalty for it is averaged out between the two combined jutsu's bonuses/penalties.  In addition [i]Omni-Flash[/i] receives bonuses/penalties from both appropriate Ninjutsu and Taijutsu-related effects.
- User must be wielding their signature weapon to cast [i]Omni-Flash[/i].
- [i]Omni-Flash[/i] may only be cast once every three rounds and may never be used with any Bloodline or Core Ability jutsu.[/fontsize][/quote]

[quote][fontsize="12"][b]Kindred Fusion - [i]S-Rank Buffing Taijutsu[/i][/b] 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/3YvvBEM.png[/img]
The peak of the Kensei's bond with it's wielder, this jutsu is a secret technique only capable of being performed by the user and their weapon. This technique allows the User to merge with their weapon, fusing into a new form the grants the user all of the abilities held by their Kensei. This form varies widely depending on the type of weapon wielded by the user, and its effects can range from simply razor sharp talons, to full-body shapeshifting that mimics the design of their weapon. While in this form, the user and their weapon literally fight as one, and share skills honed through an unbreakable bond. 

[i]Information[/i]
[b]Prerequisites[/b]
Kensei, S-Rank, All other Kensei techniques

[b]Master Rank:[/b] User and signature weapon fuse together.  While fused the user's other Kensei abilities and jutsu are modified.[list]
[*] Signature weapon's Accuracy/Damage modifiers are changed to +2/+10% regardless of what they are normally.
[*] The signature weapon's independent Genjutsu Save gained from [i]Force of Will[/i] applies directly to the user.  This means that any opposing Genjutsu must succeed against both Saves to affect the user but they may no longer use the 1 AP action to dispel Genjutsu already affecting them.
[*] [i]Omni-Flash[/i] may now be used once each round rather than once every three rounds.[/list]
[b]Cost:[/b] 4.5 Ap, 4320 Cp to initiate. 2060 Cp/Rnd.

- Does not use handseals.
- User is still considered to be wielding their signature weapon while [i]Kindred Fusion[/i] is active but they may cast jutsu which require handseals unimpeded and cannot be involuntarily separated from their weapon by any means.[/fontsize][/quote]
Light burns; Light heals Image Light blinds; Light reveals

Return to “Kinjutsu”