All humans have the potential within them to call forth great and super-human power, though the majority of tend to live their lives using no more than a fraction of their capabilities. Yet, there are some that possess the will to push themselves over any limit, even beyond to what can be deemed as physically impossible. These are the few shinobi who have practiced the art of unlocking the Eight Inner Gates, the Hachimon. These gates lie upon specific points in the chakra system and limit the body's potential in order to maintain a safe and stable balance, yet through training, one can learn to remove these natural barriers for a short time. Only the most fit and in sync with their body's completely are capable of understanding and surpassing their limits, any who fall short of utter devotion to their body's maintenance have no hope up understanding the workings of the Eight Gates.
- Chakra Gates (Ability)
- Hot Blooded (Ability)
- Body Flicker (B-Rank Technique)
- Morning Peacock (B-Rank Technique)
- Sure-Kill Strike (A-Rank Technique)
- Night Guy (S-Rank Technique)
Prerequisites: Kinjutsu Application, B-Rank, 3 Ability Slots
- The user gains access to the Hidden Power Ability and will not take up a slot. In addition the bonus granted by Hidden Power is no longer reduced if the user's HP is raised above an HP interval by healing effects.
- Hachimon users cannot take the Cursed Seal or Sage Mode abilities. If they possess either when they gain the Hachimon Kinjutsu they are allowed to swap that ability for a new one for free but cannot keep them.
Chakra Gates - Kinjutsu Ability
The chakra gates are the limiters in the body that govern the natural processes of the body such as fatigue, metabolism, and stamina. Unleashing these gates push the users body far beyond the capabilities of normal human potential, making things such as superhuman strength and lightning speed a reality, at the cost of straining the body and burning vitality rapidly. Common traits of the gates include darkened skin, blank eyes that come from the pressure placed upon the body, and even vivid visible auras of chakra.
Effect: User may open their Chakra Gates which grants them the following bonuses based on which Gates are opened:
Chakra Gates do not need to be opened in order; the user can open them in any order that they wish. The user may safely open up to three Chakra Gates at a time and gains access to the Go Beyond! Special Action when they have three Chakra Gates open.
- First Gate: Gate of Opening - +5% Auto-Dodge.
- Second Gate: Gate of Healing: Ignores first rank of Bleeding and Sprained Called Shot penalties. These effects cannot be doubled by Eighth Gate: Gate of Death.
- Third Gate: Gate of Life - Regains 2% Max HP every round. This gate does not have an HP cost.
- Fourth Gate: Gate of Pain - Regains 2% Max CP every round. This gate does not have a CP cost.
- Fifth Gate: Gate of Limit - +10% Unarmed Damage and increases the user's damage cap with Unarmed Weapons by 10%.
- Sixth Gate: Gate of View - +2 Accuracy and Dodge. In addition the user automatically succeeds on Awareness checks against clone techniques.
- Seventh Gate: Gate of Wonder - +1 AP and +2 Genjutsu Save. These effects cannot be doubled by Eighth Gate: Gate of Death.
Special Action - Go Beyond!: The user may activate a fourth and fifth Chakra Gate by paying the normal activation costs. At the beginning of each round the user has Go Beyond! active it causes the user to have a 20% chance per Chakra Gate opened beyond the normal limit of three to increase the Called Shot level of a random limb. User gains access to the Even Further Beyond! Special Action when they have five Chakra Gates open.
Special Action - Even Further Beyond!: The user may activate a sixth and seventh Chakra Gate by paying the normal activation costs. At the beginning of each round the user has Even Further Beyond! active it causes the user to have a 20% chance per Chakra Gate opened beyond the normal limit of three to increase the Called Shot level of a number of random limbs equal to the number of extra Chakra Gates opened. User gains access to the Eight Gates Released Formation Special Action when they have all seven Chakra Gates open.
Special Action - Eighth Gate: Gate of Death: By paying the normal activation and maintain costs for a Chakra Gate the user can use this special action to open the eighth and final Chakra Gate which doubles the effects of all of the other Chakra Gates except where otherwise noted. At the beginning of each round the user has Eighth Gate: Gate of Death active it causes the user to have a 20% chance per Chakra Gate opened beyond the normal limit of three to increase the Called Shot level of a number of random limbs equal to the number of extra Chakra Gates opened. If the user activates this Special Action they are KO'd at the end of the battle regardless of victory.
Cost: 0.5 AP and 200 Cp per gate to initiate. 100 Hp/rnd per gate.
- The activation costs, maintain costs and effects of the Chakra Gates are cumulative.
- The Special Actions Go Beyond! and Even Further Beyond! do not cost any additional AP or CP to activate-- they must simply be stated as long as the conditions are met for their activation. Eighth Gate: Gate of Death costs the normal activation and maintain costs of opening a Chakra Gate.
- The effects of Even Further Beyond! replace those of Go Beyond!. Likewise the effects of Eighth Gate: Gate of Death replace those of Even Further Beyond!.
- If the user activates Eighth Gate: Gate of Death and goes on to win the battle they are still KO'd. If this occurs they are not able to assign Victim's Choice or Forced Kill penalties to defeated opponents.
Hot Blooded - Kinjutsu Ability
It is said that a Hachimon is never out numbered because of their unquenchable fighting spirit. Indeed it is that very fighting spirit that sets them apart from the average martial artist by way of constantly driving them to seek mastery over their technique and their form. Their drive to succeed at their goals no matter what the odds are is perhaps the greatest weapon in their arsenal.
Effect: While there is a hostile target present and conscious in the battle with the user they are able to fight past their limits and cannot be KO'd normally through being reduced to 0 HP. Any round during which the user starts with a negative HP total they immediately suffer 20% of their maximum HP in damage and their Bleeding Level is automatically elevated by one step. If the user is already at Rank 5 Bleeding at the beginning of the round then they immediately suffer their Bleeding damage instead of their Bleeding Level being elevated.
- The user may choose to "give up" at any time they are at negative HP which causes them to fall unconscious immediately.
- If the user is reduced to -100% of their maximum HP they die immediately and are given the Forced Kill penalty.
- If the user activates Eighth Gate: Gate of Death at any time during the battle they are still KO'd as soon as the battle ends.
- If the user is already at Rank 5 Bleeding at the beginning of the round and suffers their Bleeding damage instead of their Bleeding Level being elevated they still suffer normal Bleeding damage at the end of the round.
Body Flicker - B-Rank Unarmed Taijutsu
A high speed movement technique in which the user moves in the blink of an eye over a short distance. This skill enables one to utilize their enhanced speed to move at undetectable levels for a brief moment, seeming fade into the air and reappear in another position in a split second, appearing as if the user teleported instantly. This untraceable movement has both offensive and defensive properties.
Prerequisites: Hachimon, B-Rank
Rank 1: User avoids an attack and then is allowed to counter with a Basic Strike at +1 Accuracy.
Mastered: User avoids an attack and then is allowed to counter with up to any Taijutsu they possess up to C-Rank at +1 Accuracy.
Rank 1 Cost: 2.25 AP and 545 CP
Master Rank Cost: 2.25 AP and 655 CP
- Body Flicker is an Activated Auto-Dodge.
- User must have at least one Chakra Gate opened.
- The user's counter-attack is modded directly after the opponent's attack which was avoided.
- May only be used once per round.
Morning Peacock - B-Rank Unarmed Taijutsu
A rapid blitz of strikes that are so quick in succession that they ignite the air around the Hachimon's fists through a combination of raw air friction and the chakra being used in the process for the attack. Each strike carries with it the force of an explosion and is enough to bawlk even the sturdiest of foes.
Prerequisites Hachimon, B-Rank
Rank 1: User strikes 5 times dealing 315 damage per strike at -1 Accuracy. Morning Peacock can cause Suppression up to two times per use rather than the normal limit of once.
Mastered: User strikes 5 times dealing 395 damage per strike at -1 Accuracy. Morning Peacock can cause Suppression up to four times per use rather than the normal limit of once.
Rank 1 Cost: 2.25 AP and 545 CP
Master Rank Cost: 2.25 AP and 685 CP
- User must have Go Beyond! active.
Sure-Kill Strike - A-Rank Unarmed Taijutsu
A technique which has taken many forms over the years thanks to the varied masters of the Hachimon teachings, the Sure-Kill Strike is an attack which draws upon the incredible power of the Eight Gates to execute an extremely versatile technique.
Prerequisites Hachimon, A-Rank
Rank 1: Base damage is 3,300. User must select a Special Action.
Mastered: Base damage is 4,125. User must select a Special Action.
Special Action - Daytime Tiger: This technique automatically triggers any Activated Auto-Dodge effects that the target has prepared in their conditionals before attempting to strike.
Special Action - Evening Elephant: This technique strikes 5 times dealing 660/825 damage per strike. If Evening Elephant is blocked by a barrier then one strike is ignored, the barrier is destroyed and the remaining strikes target the opponent as normal.
Rank 1 Cost: 2.75 AP and 1650 CP
Master Rank Cost: 2.75 AP and 2065 CP
- Only one Special Action may be chosen.
- Sure-Kill Strike can only be used once per round.
- User must have Even Further Beyond! active.
- Daytime Tiger triggers the target's Activated Auto-Dodge(s) even if it wouldn't normally activate the opponent's conditional they set to use it with.
Night Guy - S-Rank Unarmed Taijutsu
Hachimon users are commonly thought of by martial artists as the supreme masters of unarmed combat and the Night Guy technique is a large portion of that reputation. By condensing all of their chakra into a single limb of their body and then using the combined energy of all eight Chakra Gates the Hachimon is able to enter a state of intensity which blurs the line between possible and impossible.
Prerequisites S-Rank, All Hachimon techniques mastered
Mastered: Converts the user's life force into raw power and strikes a single time dealing 2,755 damage at +1 Accuracy. If Night Guy is a Full Hit then it deals additional damage to the target equal to 7.5% of the user's maximum HP and elevates the Called Shot penalties of a single one of the user's limbs to a special Useless status. Useless uses the same penalties as Broken status but cannot be healed for the remainder of the battle. If a limb which is already at Broken status is selected then it is rendered Useless and another random limb is selected. This process repeats until a limb which was not already at Broken status is selected.
Cost: 3.75 AP and 3,300 CP
- User must be under the effects of Eighth Gate: Gate of Death.
- The additional damage caused by Night Guy being a Full Hit cannot be reduced or increased by any effect.
- If Night Guy hits a barrier then the additional damage is not dealt but the barrier is destroyed automatically.
- At the end of the battle the user suffers Recovery Time for each limb rendered Useless by Night Guy.