From the Badlands to Godsfall [Dual Contract Search]

The site of the final battle between Primus, the One King and the Great Ancient Lords Fuujin and Homura. While the surface appears peaceful, the remains of those slain, as well as other dark secrets, lay just beneath this placid surface. Since the Great Quake, this area has been fractured in half. This half is still essentially a desert graveyard, but venture further towards the battlefield of the historic "Final Battle"... you are going into a whole new world of trouble.

Moderator: Sand Council

Michi
Sand Anbu In Training
Sand Anbu In Training
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Secret Santa 18
I Battle Moderated Tea Tournament

Re: From the Badlands to Godsfall [Dual Contract Search]

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 am

Reminder Bump as it has been over 3 weeks.
Sugihira Juko
Leaf Anbu In Training
Leaf Anbu In Training
Donator

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Coordinated Motion turned into sprawling chaos when the two remaining sharks almost jumped away from one another. Oi! How did you do that! Yeah, what was that!? Did you think you could just creep away like that? Confusion seemed to reign for a moment before each of the sharks decided to take a different route, one jumping with one swift motion out of the sand and, jaws agape, towards his companion whereas his hunting comrade dove into the sands. When the brute body of the shark that had jumped landed in the sand, waves of yellow-orange dust exploded into all directions. Oh, youll see what you get from that! The ensuring mayham seemed to create a sandstorm all by itself, albeit centered among the two brawling sharks. The sound of flesh hitting flesh and sharp scales scratching each other filled the gaps where the wind breathed in. You morons, what is wrong! Why is this taking so long! The voice of Konkuro seemed strained as it came from further away, while the third shark narrowly missed his target. Hahahaha? Laughing seemed to be his prefered reaction, even in the middle of all the madness that resulted from the two ninja's actions. The shark's body seemed to hover in midair for a second as its black eyes searched for those of the man that had dodged his assault. Arcs of green-golden lightning jumped from his scaled skin to the shinobi's fingers and back again, their glow fighting against the prevalent shine of the sand surrounding them. The colors were biting each other almost as hard as the sharks were.
Perhaps for the first time in his life the thought of gaining independence of Konkuro crossed the flying sharks mind as it watched its own reflection in the armored man's reflection, struggling to understand all the things that were happening at the same time. Moments later its body slammed onto the surface of the dunes, its movements robbed of all kinetic energy. Like a fish that had been dragged on land the beast struggled against the unusual condition until its sheer weight slowly pulled it back into the sand.
Aha, i see, a fight is what you want! Ill gladly oblige, im not easy to daunt!! Opposite to group of thrashing sharks and the two humans Konkuro finally revealed himself once more, breaking through the surface of the sands like a cliff rising through the ebbing waters.
His body quickly accelerated towards Katsuo, plowing through the sands as the sandstorm surrounding them slowly subsided, creating a sort of natural arena for the two combatants. Should either of the two humans look carefully enough through the veil of sand that was blown out of Konkuro's way he would be able to see that sand was streaming even from the shark's jaws, eyes and creases.
The two sharks that had been placed under a genjutsu had now started to shout fierce insults at each other, caught deeply in the images they were seeing whereas the third and smallest shark was about to vanish in the sands close to Katsuo and Michi.
WC: 517
Michi
Sand Anbu In Training
Sand Anbu In Training
Secret Santa 18

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:08 am

Her purpose was chaos, making the odds ever in her favor. Creating a calculated risk as they were forced to stand their ground. She breathed in the hot, dust desert air as her hands rushed through an array of handseals with the masterful precision a woman of her station would be capable of. Her purpose to burrow into their minds and deter them from their original purpose whatever that might have been. It was successful, at least somewhat as the largest of the predators turned on each other. They were, however far from safe, the fray between the two massive creatures could devastate the surrounding region placing herself and Katsuo at risk still. They needed to get out of there while they had a chance.

"Kazekage!" She shouted over the ruckus. "We need to get out of here--" She might have finished the phrase but her voice trailed off longer than necessary. There was another wasn't there? "Where did the other one," even with her eidetic memory she lacked the time to give a better description. Was it caught in the chaos between the two larger ones or did that one still have them in their sights? She was not willing to take any chances. Without a line of sight, she would not be able to cast her illusions. She could not act offensively because she did not know where the shark was, but she assumed that the shark was somewhere below. She could blindly attack the earth and hope that her attack lands, she was clever but sadly she was not 'lucky' also.

Her best option was to cast an AOE attack, increase her chances of catching the unseen shark whilst also damaging the others at the same time. It was not the sort of reckless display the hybrid preferred but it had the greatest probability for success. Her hands would quickly run through a complex array of seals, she had more than enough chakra to spare so she overloaded her terrestrial ninjutsu: Earthen Magnitude [Mastered]. The earth would start to quaver underfoot. All around her. "If... when he breaks through the surface, I need you to blast him," she announced. She knew that Katsuo was strong, it was in his blood. His legacy was one of leadership of course but his ancestors led with their might. "I will make it too unpleasant for him to hide." Her hands had never stopped moving, the shark would have to surface. Sheets of paper would manifest from thin air. Shredding Tsunami [Mastered]. A storm of razor-edged papers would flutter in a whirling vortex around them. Neither attack would target Katsuo of course, however anything else living... or moving was considered fair game.

This was survival of the strongest, not wisest.
Sunahoshi Katsuo
Development Head
Development Head
Steward-Kazekage
Donator

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 am

The sands cleared and the largest of the pack of sand sharks thrashed it's way to the surface as Michi announced her plan to isolate him from the sands. For his part, Katsuo had his own plan which involved making a target of himself. The sands twisted and blew away from them from Michi's assault but the tremendous shark seemed undeterred from his path and for the moment that was fine with Katsuo.

Caliburn, brace us for impact. He instructed to his partner which made up the physical suit of armor around his body.

This is an unwise course of action!

He knew that. Of course he knew that. Kankuro was gargantuan. Easily two or three times the size of any sand shark that Katsuo had ever seen before. He almost bordered on the size of a baby sandworm rather than an actual shark but still it was important that he kept Kankuro looking at him rather than Michi.

Every second he spends on us is one less second he is focused on trying to kill Michi. Brace us for impact. He sensed another shudder of concern ripple through Caliburn's physical form at his instruction but she complied with his instruction as a pulse of her chakra filled the air around them and a haze of crackling green-gold electricity leaped to life around them creating a physical barrier of electromagnetic force that the shark would need to penetrate if he wanted to lay his jaws on Katsuo's body [Caliburn casts Barrier (Master Rank) with Jutsu Expansion using the special action Energy Wall in response to Kankuro's attack].

Katsuo didn't expect that Caliburn's electromagnetic barrier would halt the monstrous shark's charge but it took enough of the wind out of his sails that as he rampaged forward towards where Katsuo was standing the Kazekage was confident enough that he could bring him to a stop. Shifting his footing, Katsuo dropped any pretense of defensive posture and prepared entirely to receiving the wave of on-coming death that was Kankuro's teeth.

Alright. Now give me everything we've got. I want it all.

Once more there was a pulse of concern but Caliburn silently complied with his demand and Katsuo felt a surge of adrenaline and power as he drew in Natural Energy from the environment around him and condensed it into raw power in his body. [Brink of Insanity (Master Rank)] The air was filled with popping sounds as the sand all around Katsuo's body burned and sizzled into streaks of fulgurite as currents of gilded green lighting coursed around the air in his immediate vicinity, lashing out occasionally and leaving an angry scar of boiling glass behind.

Kankuro had claimed that he wouldn't be as easy to daunt as the smaller shark that had tried it's best to bite into Katsuo earlier and given the sheer size of the creature Katsuo believed it. The creature was challenging the Kazekage to pit his might against that of the shark's and Katsuo had no intention of disappointing him. This was everything that Katsuo had in him. The very limits of his ability and power put to the maximum without any regard for his physical safety. In this state he could barely control the power that surged through his muscles and it meant discarding any pretense of defense. This would be a challenge of durability and raw ferocity and only the fiercest between him and Kankuro would come out on top. Tucking his elbows in close to his sides as he concentrated, Katsuo closed his eyes only for a moment to take a breath before snapping them open once more and focusing his sight on the rampaging shark that was now within striking distance of him.

"Showtime."

The electromagnetic barrier finally shattered underneath the weight of Kankuro's wrath and in a blur of motion with a translucent after-image of his body moving in lockstep with each move he made, Katsuo exploded from where he'd been standing and dug his feet into the sand just before where Kankuro was standing before hurling both of his fists forward directly in line with Kankuro's snout in a twin-fisted attack that held enough combined force to collapse a building [Fist of Sin (Master Rank) with the Envy special action to be reactionary to Kankuro's attack combo'd with Fist of Virtue (Master Rank) using Weapon Mastery].
Noba
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Donator
Secret Santa 18
codemonkey

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 am

Hello!

I will be your new contract mod, please bear with me as I go over this and try to see how I can make it my own to lead for you both!
Questions can be asked PM / Discorded.

~
Owly,
Contract moderator.
Noba
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Donator
Secret Santa 18
codemonkey

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:12 am

A presence of a third party could be felt by the ninja's but the sharks hadn't noticed it just yet. They were both placed in a genjutsu that they had no idea of in the beginning, however, kankuro started to notice it first of the two and started to go against it violently. Shaking its whole body violently before making a move and breaking it for himself, he turned more and more annoyed by the both ninja's. but the other didn't break out of it that easily, it started to swirl more around until the moment was there that they both had escaped it, but that was only thanks to Kunkuro that bit the other, the pain awoke the other shark. They started to form a small group at the backline, their bodies still being damaged, the less dominant one of the two was slightly shivering, overthinking it all. They both felt how their bodies moved, a bit stiffer and they had to do a lot more for just the simple movements, in other words, it felt rather heavy in their movements. Kunkuro made a biting movement out of annoyance. It was almost that these sharks had never been in such a real battle with different kind of persons. They started to show more bark than bite honestly. A small conversation happened between the two sharks, one leaving a small trail of blood thanks to the teeth of Kunkuro. "Is it really..?" The smaller one replied and the big one started to nod in the sand. "So!! You think you are that tough?! You haven't seen us really yet!! We have more in us than just that!" Is shouted and started to taunt the others a bit more, a snarl on the end was given to make it's point harsher... Yet the smaller on started to follow up. "Just... Just wait till I get my teeth on your pathetic flesh!" It started to shout. They both would start to make a charge on them, but before they could make their movements of splitting up again... They got suddenly stopped, being suddenly stopped in their rushed movements they both let a whelp in surprise. Kunkuro started to react very aggressively and turned around just to bite, but now the shell started to rise up. It was a shell of a huge creature, greyish color with spike-like forming on the top. There were white like spots on the sides. to count right there were 24 of them in total. Not to forget the shell had a couple of scars counting. A voice, old and muffled started to talk and the eyes of Kunkero started to widen up. "You two are surely meddlesome! Do you want him to hear about this??" Finally, the head started to pop out of the sand, dragging the sharks a bit more to the behind as the giant turtle held it in its mouth. "Kunkuro, you will hear from me more, the other get out of here now" It said and released the tails, they both went away in a hurry. It seemed that they had more than one occurrence between this turtle and those sharks. The turtle was a tat older and thus a bit slower, but its defense was mighty, as the shark teeth hadn't even left a dent.

Slowly it started to subtract itself again, just leaving his head a little bit outside and just having his shell fully submerged. "Please... I do not mean to harm you as they would." It started to speak, its voice was heavy, creaking up a bit as it was of age, but there was still a bit of calm going through the resonating voice. "I am old.. But not weak, but I rather not mean harm when you already have been fighting too..." It slowly started to nod in a form of respect to the kazekage. "I have heard stories about you young ones... But I rather know who... no... what has happened here exactly, but first... Let me introduce myself.." Taking a gamble it would slowly stretch it limbs out.
"My name is Onktabar, one..... of the older and more polite generations, or how some would call it. 'boring'. The two you met before, are quite known to be troublesome. This especially when they didn't have their diet in a while..." It spoke and started to shuffle a big and lay down again. "Now... If I may be as abrupt to ask, but what were you doing before, then and are planning now?"

[ooc: Sorry this took me a while guys! and it may or may not seems sloppy, going to try and give my own twist to it... ^^']
Michi
Sand Anbu In Training
Sand Anbu In Training
Secret Santa 18

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:28 am

As suddenly and as aggressively as things came to a boiling head, they came to an abrupt and unceremonious halt. Someone or rather something had come out of nowhere and put an end to this game of cat and mouse before the mouse was forced to bite back. Michi simply stood there and looked on as a spectator, her intervention not longer necessary when a great turtle interceded. Michi ended her genjutsu.

The oracle might be a genius but she had no idea what was going on any longer. First there was a sandstorm, then the earth itself started to quaver and quake beneath them, pulling at the terrain below them creating a treacherous landscape. Then there were sharks that swam in the earth as if it was the ocean and now... now there was a turtle. She had no idea why, the creature was massive and belonged in the sea not the desert but here it was. And then it spoke, it spoke human words like the sharks had. It was both fascinating and terrifying as well as confusing. Polite, it primarily regarded the Kazekage, extending its fin in doing so. She would not attack, it did not appear to be an act of aggression so it would meet none from her but she would be wary of the creature and her golden eyes would never leave the appendage as its limb drew closer to Katsuo than she was entirely comfortable with.

"Michi, a scribe," she announced. The stated role more fitting, something that would make more sense to something that was unfamiliar with a cultural thing such as the Orders. Technically it was true, that was what she did even if her actual title had greater meaning it would be lost on the creature. She would wait for the Sennin to introduce himself before she carried on with a question of her own. Well two questions. "What were they?" She was of course referencing the pair of sharks that had attacked them a short time ago. She did not ask who because they already shared their names and in all honestly who they were was irrelevant. "And what are you?" She was of course referring to the turtle now, it had in fact shared its name but its name was meaningless to her. What she wanted to know was what it was so she could look it up, so she could remember or she could learn. The tone she used to asked this was less than brazen but it was steady and inquiring. She thirsted for knowledge above all else except perhaps freedom. Why would a turtle lord over a pair of sand sharks? It made no sense but she was rather certain that she was not dreaming.

She was scanning the area around them, her heart was still pounding and a part of her did not entirely believe that the aggression would or could end so quickly. Those sharks were rather intent on taking a bite out of one of their backsides. Still she was grateful for the respite, It was a chance for her to get her bearings. A chance for her to assess the situation that they were in and plan a means of escape or combat. The desert was large, turtles were notoriously slow but that was simply something she had read -- turtles were not particularly common in Wind Country although the southern coastal region quite possibly has a population but it is not a civilized region of desert so she could not be certain.
Sunahoshi Katsuo
Development Head
Development Head
Steward-Kazekage
Donator

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:23 am

There was an explosion of force around Katsuo's fists as he expelled the combined roiling energy that he'd drawn out of the environment and from his own body sending a curtain of sand up into the air all around him crackling with green-gold currents of lightning. As the veil of sand that had been created from his attack began to subside, Katsuo dwelt on the fact that despite the impressive display of force that his attack had put forth he had never felt it connect with the intended target; Kankuro's face. The tremendous shark had turned away at the last moment and fixated on the other in the vicinity of the battle, apparently distracted by the incompetence of his compatriots. Breathing heavily as the current of Natural Energy that was reinforcing his body circulated at maximum pace, Katsuo wasn't sure exactly how to proceed. He wasn't particularly interested in painting the dunes red with shark guts but if Kankuro and his ilk continued to push their luck he'd have no choice but to rip them to pieces. With their spat finished, the sharks began to circle back around once more and with a gust of crackling steam that expelled from the armor that Katsuo was wearing the 10th Kazekage prepared to receive his opponents.

Before they could re-engage the battle however they were interrupted by the arrival of a third party that chided the behavior of the sharks as an elder might do to a group of rambunctious children causing the group of sharks to turn on the... giant turtle? Apparently wanting nothing to do with the tremendous turtle that had arrived on the scene of the battle, the sharks turned and retreated into the sands with a great deal of haste in their pace.

The turtle addressed Michi and Katsuo then, claiming that it meant them no harm and strangely Katsuo felt the truth in it's words. Unlike the sharks, there was something to the way this creature spoke that encouraged him to trust in what it said.

Caliburn, ease... ease it back. We're done for now.

Caliburn did not return any words to him but he felt the limiters on the power coursing through his body slide back into place and he swallowed hard as a wave of pain and exhaustion crashed into him. He couldn't enter into that state of unleashed restrictions without some level of consequence and even though she didn't speak he could feel Caliburn wordlessly chiding him for his brashness. Without sending words back, he smiled beneath his helmet at her concern for him. They'd made it through okay, hadn't they? That was the important thing. The armor around Katsuo's body glowed softly and then disappeared into particles of Natural Energy as Caliburn returned to her physically dormant state bound to the heirloom sword that Katsuo wore strapped to his back.

"I am the tenth Kazekage of Sunagakure, Sunahoshi Katsuo." Responded Katsuo to Onktabar's introduction, offering the ancient turtle a bow of respect. He could feel the creature's connection with the Natural Energy that resonated in the area surrounding them and that made Katsuo considerably more at ease than he had been before. "It is an honor to meet you Onktabar."

Katsuo had met plenty of spirit beings before in the past but he'd never been quite so in tune with the spiritual side of himself as he was in this moment. Looking up at the gargantuan turtle, there was a sense of... what. Familiarity? No, that wasn't the right word. Distantly Katsuo's mind drifted to the memories that the Ancient Lord of Deep and Shadow had left in his mind about the ancient concept of fron'zii. The way an ancient could recognize another of their court through a special connection that they shared. Katsuo wasn't sure if Onktabar would recognize the gift of Natural Energy that he possessed so he kept the feeling to himself but it was certainly a notable experience even for someone as traveled as Katsuo. Michi introduced herself and as was her way she was full of questions. "What were they?" and "what are you?" Katsuo had his own theories based on the energy that he sensed that coalesced around Onktabar but it wasn't his place to answer those questions. As the great turtle asked them what they were doing, Katsuo looked to Michi and thought for a moment.

What were they doing? He didn't really even know. Michi had dragged him out here on the demand for an adventure.

"Camping trip?" He offered, trying to define the trip as best he could with the limited knowledge that he had of why they'd come all the way out here to the middle of the desert.
Noba
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Donator
Secret Santa 18
codemonkey

Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:24 pm

The great turtle was slow in its movements. If he were to be asked if water or sand was better to swim in... He would surely go with the deep sea waters again, on the same level of depth where all the other creatures were... He had zoned out for a second before turning its head towards them, for him, female figure. "Michi, a scribe," Onktabar nodded slowly and awaited more, he already had an idea they would be full with questions, but he couldn't help but keep the male of the company in a close watch, something... was about him and he couldn't really place his shell on it just yet. That, or his memory would keep being foggy, after all, it wouldn't be long before his time would come. Maybe... He would be able to help these through something special... But he would look towards the creatures and finally... there was another one introducing. "I am the tenth Kazekage of Sunagakure, Sunahoshi Katsuo." Onktabar was slowly moving its head again towards the both of them, he was waiting... waiting for the questions that seemed to be lingering, or rather his own to be answered also.
"It is an honor to meet you Onktabar." On that, the giant turtle took a single step and tried to go through his fin to lower himself as a movement of a bow... But sadly the old turtle didn't get further than maybe an inch or two before he would groan a little and took up his past position. "The honor is all mine... You seem to be familiar with the energy around... For you also, thank you for meeting me, not attacking me" Were the words going and after that, he would finally start to address towards the female. She had asked a question or two after all.
"Hmm... that is a story that goes back to the olds... To what they were, or rather what they have become..." It felt for the old turtle to a story... One that would be fun to tell, but he wanted to make a somewhat easier place for them to stay also... He would move closer and tried to shelter them both in the shade of his own. "I will tell, but I rather not have you tiny creatures evaporated, as I have seen to so many happening..." it started to say and would place himself with its fins in the shell, just his head poking out. He wouldn't bother if they did or didn't move further.

"They used to be a clan, just in the water... but as times changed, landscapes changed, we all were forced to be able to travel onto multiple places..." And so the story started to begin, to end with what he was. "I am just a being, collected from natural energy, I exist because of my own owner, as we can bind ourselves to a person. Sadly mine died along the way and I have yet to vanish." He spoke and started to move just a little.

"To what I am... Is more than just understanding me... it is about understanding the patterns of energy around you and others. I am merely a collection of natural energy, summoned by a person's personal chakra... Which is why I am still here and not back to my own realm. We are beings that can be bound to a person, like a dog on a chain. We are parts of a contract. The reason I am still around is that my old owner gave all his chakra to my summon, setting me free and same time tied to this world..." It blinded slow, he was tired of talking, but there was still a lot to tell, a lot to say. After his whole talk, he started to turn towards the male again. "A camping trip..?" He asked a bit awkward in return. "That is the first time I have heard that... What I can do... Is bring you to somewhere where you... Might understand a bit more about my world, about your own world... And maybe even have something special in the show... But it will be a ride.." Before he would offer anything, he still wanted to know more about them. "But before I will actually offer this... I wish to know more... I have explained what I am... But how about we set that to a trade? What are you exactly? Information to information."
Michi
Sand Anbu In Training
Sand Anbu In Training
Secret Santa 18

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:56 am

The turtle creature was strange and Michi felt apprehensive as time passed. Something did not add up in this scenario. She was familiar with the natural energy of Wind Country, it was one of the few things that made this country unique. The elements, the intentions, the strength of the energy that coursed through this landscape was great enough to breathe life -- elementals was a rough term to describe Ancients but in many ways it suited them. Ancients were the beings that rules Wind Country and the first men when they arrived on these sandy shores. The subjugation of humanity ended after Godsfall, the turning point of a terrible war that forever changed the landscape of this country. "So you are an Ancient Onktabar?" Michi queried with a cautious curiosity as she miraculously pulled out a notebook from who knows where. There was next to no documentation on water Ancients, just a few old fables and seafarers tales. Of course this creature was not an Ancient but the Oracle would not know any different until it continued on, talking about contracts and ownerships. Ancients were not one to submit themselves to another.

Michi would roughly cross out the word ANCIENT from her notes. She penciled in a large question-mark next to her sketch of the large reptile. She would write down a few key words -- collection of natural energy, summon and contract. She pondered the potential corollary to her ring. At the moment Onktabar was giving her more questions than answers when it went on to talk about realms. She thought that the turtle was tethered here. Were the sharks also like Onktabar? She had a lot of questions and if this interaction had transpired a year ago, this interaction would have went very differently.

A transaction was requested, finally a tit for tat. The turtle did want something. It offered to take them someplace. The offer was less than enticing, sounded like a trap. However the chance to have their questions answered was encouraging. All it wanted in exchange was to know something as well. "What did you want to know?" Michi bit.
Sunahoshi Katsuo
Development Head
Development Head
Steward-Kazekage
Donator

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:23 pm

"Not an Ancient. Not... quite." Corrected Katsuo. Between the two of them Michi was almost assuredly the more educated of the two but this was Katsuo's area of expertise. Even before his joining with Caliburn and becoming delving into the secrets of sagedom Katsuo had always had a reverence for the natural world and it's spirits. "What he's describing is a spirit creature... like the one bound to your Cabal rings."

Katsuo didn't clarify how he knew about the rings. Realistically, Michi might already know that Kaito had had his stolen from him by Mikaboshi while the dark creature had been piloting around Katsuo's body. That ring was destroyed now, crushed by Katsuo to release the spirit inside so that he could form a formal pact with her as opposed to siphoning off the energy of the Youkai spirit while she was bound to the ring. He'd made a companion of her for a while but when Katsuo's little brother Reiko had shown up on his doorstep one day the Youkai spirit that Katsuo had released from the ring had taken a greater liking to him than to the Kazekage so he'd released her into Reiko's service. Or volunteered Reiko into her service? Thinking on it, a light smile formed across Katsuo's lips as he imagined Sesshousuna-Oh's displeasure at being described as in anyone's service.

"Humans. We are human beings. I'm sure you've met some of our kind before?" Katsuo responded to Onktabar's question, his last words coming together to form something of a half-question/half-statement. He couldn't imagine that the great turtle spirit had never met a human before but the Wind Country was a tremendous place full of mysteries. It wouldn't be the strangest thing to have occurred out on the dunes. "We'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have. You did chase those sharks off for us, after all."

Where as Michi was trepidatious about accompanying Onktabar to where ever it was that the turtle wanted to take them, Katsuo was excited at the idea. He was only still learning about the abilities and powers that his connection to Caliburn afforded him and anything that an ancient natural spirit wanted to share with them might help with developing that connection or might even result in the formation of a new connection entirely and they needed all the allies they could get in the war against the daimyo.
Noba
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Donator
Secret Santa 18
codemonkey

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 am

Onktabar.. wanted to know more than one thing... so first he started to address to the one... more distinct of the two, the one that had called itself a scribe. He first wanted to give them one... that wasn't very clear to them at all... So instead of just focussing this one on it alone... Onktabar turned to them both once more. "If the sky is the sea, what does that make birds?"

After this.. he would show a sort of smile on his old face and made a soft giggle along those lines. "So you are an Ancient Onktabar?" Asked the scribe and Onktabar was glad to be able to answer this. "Well... Not quite an ancient, but you could say I linger towards one in age... Truth to be told, the young one of you two had it right."The next question already followed.
"Humans. We are human beings. I'm sure you've met some of our kind before?" At this, the smile somewhat got distinguished, like flame put out. "I have met a quite a few of my own... Hunting down others of my kind, fighting a war with others or with their own. Debating.... I have seen a lot what you humans can do. Which is why I have still... A few questions for you both, which I would like to ask each separately."

First, he started to focus first towards the one who had appointed himself as kazekage... He wanted to know something he had never understood of all. "Why do we talk about human rights and not human responsibilities? How can I defend my own rights, against those of yours? Why do people fight." These were the questions he asked the kazekage... and let those cook down into him, if needed Onktabar repeated those questions. After that he started to focus himself back to the scribe, he felt like playing a soft game with him, asking questions that could be answered in a million ways. "Today, I feel sky blue. What does that mean? What is the beginning of everything? What is the end of everything?"

With that being asked... he started to place himself down again, enjoying the sands warmth on the shell. As it warmed himself inside also. An enjoyable warmth resonating. "If you have questions for me, please do ask."
Michi
Sand Anbu In Training
Sand Anbu In Training
Secret Santa 18

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:38 am

"If the sky is the sea, what does that make birds?"

"Fish," the answer was fish. An inference question and a test of logic one could suppose but she did not understand why she would be asked such a question. Of course she had her own curiosities. She wanted to know what he was. An Ancient, basically a catch-all to explain what she could not explain otherwise.

"Well... Not quite an ancient, but you could say I linger towards one in age... Truth to be told, the young one of you two had it right."

She thought back, what was it that Katsuo has assessed and looked him over 'younger' was the term used. How old was he? How old did she look? Vanity aside, it was a strange sentiment for the once older woman who had dedicated her life to academia but the transition to hybrid had changed her down to her very core.

"Humans. We are human beings. I'm sure you've met some of our kind before?"

Katsuo announced, his truth not hers. She was a hybrid and as far as she was aware so wan't he. The stories called it a blessing, the legacy of the Earthcourt that ran through their veins. Few put two and two together, how the Sunahoshi gained power over the storm but the stories romanticized the process. "Imbued with power" rather than burdened by change. A change that would latch onto their bloodline and follow them to the present day. She did not know that Katsuo had given it back, relinquished what fine thread of her essence that had remained within him and that she took it back. That she could take back the very curse she had inflicted onto Primus' progeny. She did not correct him, it was to her a lie that he likely chose to believe. In the old times humanity was a sense of pride. Being able to trace your lineage back to the first men had meaning and prestige, an uncertain history meant taint and shame. That was likely why they called it a "blessing"... "a gift" rather than an "infestation." Indeed, Katsuo was human, entirely human.

"I have met a quite a few of my own... Hunting down others of my kind, fighting a war with others or with their own. Debating.... I have seen a lot what you humans can do. Which is why I have still... A few questions for you both, which I would like to ask each separately."

A war among their own kind? That was what she took from those words. He had met a few of his own and hunting down others. She saw its internal light dim as it said that. Had the turtle misspoke, was it man that it had met? She stiffened as the behemoth suggested that she and Katsuo should part. The turtle was so much larger than she. So much larger than Katsuo. She did not have a warrior's legacy nor did she have the skill to make use of it even if she had. She was a scholar primarily who has enjoyed an abundance of luck rather than an opportunity to exercise her martial or casting skill. She would look over at Katsuo with a silent uncertainty. She did not feel "safe" around him, she just knew he had an ethic so there would be no knife in her back (probably).

She did not want Katsuo to leave.

"Why do we talk about human rights and not human responsibilities? How can I defend my own rights, against those of yours? Why do people fight."

It asked Katsuo. It was talking about man before she reasoned as she silently appraised the creature. What was it seeking in terms of an answer.

"Today, I feel sky blue. What does that mean? What is the beginning of everything? What is the end of everything?"

Or it was drunk on sand. Should she answer a question not asked of her, she knew the truth but she did not know the answer. The truth and the answer are not always one in the same.

"If you have questions for me, please do ask."

Since you like riddles, I will ask you one in return. "I can be forceful and then I might be deadly, I can be a selfish, fearful, cruel medley. I am sometimes needed to survive. I am the reason that some men thrive. Yet I am what you fear. I am the threat that will take all you hold dear." The answer to her riddle, the same as the topic Onktabar had danced around this whole time.
Sunahoshi Katsuo
Development Head
Development Head
Steward-Kazekage
Donator

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:01 am

"Why do people fight?"

What a question. Men and women had been asking themselves that very question for hundreds of years. Thousands, perhaps. Maybe even since the dawn of mankind.

"Why do people fight?"

"People fight because they have to. Life is conflict." Katsuo said, quietly.

It was a solemn truth that he'd arrived at many years ago after hours of introspection. With his hands slick with his brother's blood and his heart heavy with anger and frustration. Katsuo had once bellowed the same question at the world. Why was he doing this? Why did he fight? And eventually the answer came to him. He fought because he had to. No matter what creature from the strongest material artist to the smallest rodent to the grandest lord of Ancient-kin-- all life was a conflict of a sorts. It was at that time that Katsuo had come to truly understand the words that his mother had once given to him and the boy that he'd come to know as his brother. She'd said that things like justice and hope were not something that existed naturally; that they were just words unless they had someone out there fighting to make them real. Life was conflict for each and every creature. Some fought against the environment to stay alive amid the harshest conditions. Some fought against lethal predators to stay one step ahead of their teeth and claws. Some fought against the speed and cunning of creatures that they needed to eat to survive.

Life is conflict.

"But that's not what you asked, is it? What you're asking isn't why we fight. It's why should we fight and the answer to that is different for each and every person out there, man and woman. And beast and spirit. And everything in between." Katsuo spared Michi a look before looking back to Onktabar. His leaving out that she was a hybrid wasn't for the fact that he'd forgotten about the fact that Mikaboshi had changed her. Gods, no. After all it had been his body standing over her's in the Obsidian Palace when Mikaboshi had held that meeting of minds between them. Rather it was that the distinction was non-important to him. "As for me? I fight because 'cause I believe that a man has a responsibility when he sees something wrong to put it right as best he can. Justice is as noble a fight as any but it begins with a willingness to fight for it."
Noba
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Donator
Secret Santa 18
codemonkey

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:46 am

He enjoyed the fact that they tried to answer those riddles... Yet those were all subjects, if you thought about it, you could riddle against endlessly and possible even have long awake nights thinking about it. "But that's not what you asked, is it? What you're asking isn't why we fight. It's why should we fight and the answer to that is different for each and every person out there, man and woman. And beast and spirit. And everything in between."
The small man was a smart one, it saw right through his words... a part of him thought that he was indeed fit for what would be about later. He nodded slowly to place an yes on that was indeed the fact that he wanted to know.

Slightly caught off guard... That was when he got one back, it certainly was something he had not thought about it. It made the old brains think somewhat more as he made an 'hmm' sound resonating inside the mouth.
"I can be forceful and then I might be deadly, I can be a selfish, fearful, cruel medley. I am sometimes needed to survive. I am the reason that some men thrive. Yet I am what you fear. I am the threat that will take all you hold dear."
Were the words repeating inside his mind, what could be the perfect answer on top of that? It stayed silent perhaps for a moment too long, gazing into the sky. He gazed and kept gazing until finally moment was made, it's head lowered and the mouth slowly opened itself up once more. "Many answers can be right on that... but I think a mom is something that fits it the most. Mothers, no matter in which kind... Are all angels without their wings. They have their sweet, innocent part of life... Yet once you pissed one off... No matter if you are home or not, you feel the hell going to succumb you. They can give and furfill life... They can make... most of the things better, except being a headache..." It muttered as he thought back to his own old life where even he had one... Yup. All those headaches and shell pedicures and what, not more. "Expensive if not careful." He muttered his last thoughts out loud.

"I have made up my mind." It spoke after a small moment. "If you want... I will show you my domain and everything, but that is only if you agree to sit or lay down on my back. You will be protected by me, you will be able to keep breathing." It spoke but never spoke towards where it would bring them at all.

Return to “Godsfall”