However, as the series progressed, there are times where what is shown and later revealed does not necessarily align with the intended setting of Ninpocho. Thus, the list here are some hard rules on certain concepts;
The following are not allowed for player use;
- No Dragons
- No Advanced Technology (Rockets, planes, modern computers, etc.)
- Space Travel
The following are not 'taboo', but are restricted to certain circumstances;
- Some Guns, (see list below)
- Flight (see below)
- Time powers, such as time travel (see below)
- Dimensional powers, such as teleporting or dimension crossing. (see below)
Currently, Ninpocho Chronicles defines it's technology as 80's Tech. This means, anything that was commercially available to the average consumer in the 80's is available to all players. If it could be bought off the shelf, then you can own it. Items that States and Nations can only purchase would be not obtainable. Usually, if you Wikipedia an item you have a question about, you will get info on when it was generally invented and when it was first sold. As long as it was sold to the public by 1989 or before, it is allowed. A good example would be the Internet. While it was invented in the 60's, it wasn't until the mid 90's that it was commercially available. Here are some general guidelines of what is allowed.
- - Basic Electricity. (Basic Circuits and motherboard tech)
- - Steam Technology (No Cars/Planes still)
- - Basic Road systems (Roman times bricked roads in rural areas, paved in Cities)
- - Basic Radio Tech (Only within a given country)
- - Technology before the first guns were made. (As in High powered crossbows)
- - Medical knowledge up until the first successful open heart surgeries. (Specifically, modern beating heart surgery.)
- - The centrifuge technology
- - Compasses are available.
- - Smelting is available.
- - Blacksmithing is allowed.
- - Herbalism is In as advanced a form to cure some forms of mild cancers (alternative to gamma radiation *note* We have radiation jutsu)
- - Chakra is the only way to successfully pull off a highly advanced forms of Medical Procedures (Brain surgeries for Kinjutsu, Prosthetic, etc)
*None of these items can be enhanced by Chakra to do advanced functions that would surpass the tech standard defined above.
Approved Guns List
Guns exist in the world of Ninpocho. This means that you can use a gun as a weapon BUT the gun will not be statistically different in any way to a bow or other ranged weapon.
What you can use:
- 'Modernized' guns, such as automatic machine guns or semi-automatic rifles
- 'Futuristic' types of guns, such as laser guns.
Flight is defined on NC as the capability of remaining suspended in their air indefinitely, be it through wings, some type of levitation, or other method to surpass the pull of gravity. At no time will a player be considered untouchable/unreachable in flight because they flew "really high." Custom CRPJ allowing flight are not allowed.
The following list are the cases when players are capable of flight;
- Capped Santaru (think "Storm" from X-men)
- Wind Valkyrie (via their power of wind and air)
- Sunaku (via riding on Sand)
- Toujigikou (via riding a clay creation capable of flight).
- Bird, Bat, and Insect Sage/Archsages.
- Any Contract summon capable of flight may be carry a single player out of battle, but not during (unless they have a skill specifically allowing them to do so, such as the Bird Contract with the 'Mount' ability).
- The only vehicle capable of flight at this time is a hot air balloon.
We are not allowing 'flying cities', houses, castles and locations otherwise only accessible through flight; there will be no jutsus strong enough to allow this, and no player may 'trap' or 'limit' players from entering certain portions of the community because 'a jutsu that requires flight is necessary'. If it is possible to fly there, it must also be possible to reach the area by jumping or climbing aided by chakra.
A special note; Gravity and Magnetic jutsu may be used by capped players to 'hover' a few inches above the ground, but are not capable of granting true flight. If the user hovers above this restriction they will slowly 'float' down until they are several inches above ground.
Time alteration is possible in our setting but, only possible through the use of shop (-not- CRPJ) jutsus, abilities, interactions with certain BLs/CAs or Contracts, that are stated to be able to do so (such as Temporal Strider). Custom Crpj allowing time-powers are not allowed.
- Time Travel, regardless of the source, is also limited to a few seconds. At no point would someone be able to repetitively go backwards in time spamming their abilities/jutsus to move backwards in time significantly enough to change the outcome of a thread, change something as important as the course of a meeting, the birth of a player, etc.
- If you are in a situation where another player as well as every player in the thread in question explicitly consents (badgering them to do so or threatening them to do this will result in being punished for harassment) you can change/retcon 1-2 posts worth of activity between yourself and this other player by 'going back in time.' Abuse of this privilege will mean that you will lose the ability to do this but it is entirely possible that the rest of the site will continue to enjoy the ability to do this.
- This cannot be done to undo a call for a BMod, that becomes a "fixed point in time" and a modded situation.
- This cannot be done to undo a Run attempt, that becomes a "fixed point in time" and a modded situation.
Dimensional Travel is possible in our setting but like Time Travel is again only possible through the use of shop (not CRPJ) jutsus (such as the EMS Kinjutsu), abilities, interactions with certain BLs/CAs (such as Seikon) or Contracts that are stated to be able to do so.
- At no point can this be used to pull over an alternate version of a character from another dimension (be it because you are dead, want a good/bad version of yourself, etc.)
- This cannot be used to pull over old characters or setting information from the old site. That dimension is locked.
- This cannot be used as an excuse to plagiarize another's work. (No, you cannot be Cersei or use her in a roleplay)
- Parallel Universe/Alternate Timelines/etc may not be used or accessed by players, and may only be used by mod-team events.