Missing in Action [ANBU Meeting- ANBU and AiT Only]

Unknown to most, the interior of Hokage Rock has been hollowed out with a system of caves made to be self-sufficient if need be. In these caves are all of the modern amenities, Barracks, offices, a cafeteria. Built like a military base, this is the new ANBU HQ after the old one's entrance was revealed. To enter this new complex, one must leave Konoha and locate the hidden tunnel entrance in Fire Country itself, which has windcart tracks going directly into and out of the HQ powered by a natural gust in the tunnels themselves. It has been fashioned to look like the inside of a normal building, with some areas actually full windows to the outside to allow natural light in. These areas are well hidden on the outside by chakra barriers and illusion.

Moderator: Leaf Council

Kodoma Yoshihisa
Leaf Anbu Captain
Leaf Anbu Captain
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Missing in Action [ANBU Meeting- ANBU and AiT Only]

Wed May 02, 2018 8:33 am

As there was little reason to act surprised, Yoshihisa got up on his feet when they were given clearance to ask questions. ”Do we have any information whether or not he has vanished from within the village limits, and if that isn’t the case what his last known location has been?” He cleared his throat, his inner monologue still calling it too early to actually label the event as an abduction, for someone like Maki could easily make himself disappear off the face if he wanted to for whatever reason.

”Aside from that, have the rescue team members already been decided upon as we speak?” And with that, he was seated once more as he just kept his eyes front, observing the squad captains and Yuki in particular. He had deliberately left out the question on the current acting assassination branch captain as to not draw any unnecessary suspicion, but he was most definitely curious on whether or not he would find out about it by the end of the meeting.
Sugihira Juko
Leaf Anbu In Training
Leaf Anbu In Training
Donater

Wed May 02, 2018 10:01 am

Baffled by the sudden amount of Anbus that entered the room shortly after him and the mute kid Juko didnt move until one particular Anbu curtly adressed him, asking him to take a seat. Er... yes, sure.. When he had asked that to take a seat not many people had been inside the room, now however most seats had already been taken so that Juko had to take one at the most edge of the room. He had seen a few familiar faces plop in to the meeting but was grateful not having to see Maru enter the room. I honestly dont know how i wouldve reacted upon seeing his smug face again... starting a fight right here and right before a meeting would probably have been less than helpful...
After having sat down he finally took a moment to look at all the other Anbus that were still arriving. One of them had caught his eyes already before, the young man was wearing a shredded shirt and missing an arm. The wound in combination with the dirty appearance and the smell of sweat and mud that followed the kid made it seem like the wound had been inflicted just a short while ago. But that wouldve been nonsense... what kind of mission did they send him on, he looks but a few years older than me... Juko turned his head to catch a better glimpse at the people that had come in after the one-armed boy. Only two Anbu had entered the room wearing their Anbumasks, one of which was the heavy-boned looking man that had told Juko to take a seat since he was inside already anyway.
I do remember the fellow... he had been there when Takeshi had given out our squad's and i think i saw him run around in the Academy once or twice before? I cant remember whether he has told me his name though... going by the body id assume him to be an Akimichi... While Juko was trying to remember when he had meet the big Anbu the last persons came trickling in and before long Yuki finally began talking.
When she was done talking and explaining the situation to everybody the man a few seats away from Juko immediately rose and began talking. This person too was familiar to the young seikon, being the shinobi that had extracted the poison Maru had used on him after their fight and then checked on him in the Hospital.
Lord Maki...Maki... i dont really... A picture of a blackarmored figure jumped to his mind. Aaah... Oooh! So THAT is Maki, i see... And he was the Anbu Sennin? Right.... after Takeshi became Hokage it makes sense for someone else to take over the mantle of Anbu Sennin. Must have been a pretty bad pick if he has already been captured and taken... Juko sighed, altough whether it was actual disappointment or simply a reaction to the chaos he knew would come in one way or another was hard to tell, even for him.
His dark eyes pierced the face of Yukio. So he will be leading the team eh...
Straight when the previos speaker had sat down again Juko rose, before anyone could speak before him and possibly divert the attention from the topic at hand.
My apologies in advance for speaking up, Yuki-sama. He implied a short bow towards the captains before continuing. If we dont know WHO has Uhm... Lord... Anbu Sennin Maki, then WHERE will this rescue team be going anyway? Do we have any information at all about personal enemies of his or potential groups that would want him gone AND could actually pull through with it? He bowed again shortly and began sitting down again when he jerked up again. Thinking about it, how do we even know that he has been taken by force? Has anything been found or reached us, pardon me, you, in any way?
Towards the end of the sentence Juko had closed his eyes, feeling as if he was about to blush from the undesired attention.
Please let this be Maru's fault.... Please let this be Maru's fault...
WC: 694
Ziren
Leaf Chief Med-Nin
Leaf Chief Med-Nin

Wed May 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Ziren watched as more people came in. Hana sat down by him, but he still stood standing. He initially thought that Maki may have been running late or been sick, but as time ticked by and the last of the ANBU and AIT came through, he was growing in suspicion. He caught one person staring at him, as his appearance was vastly different from all other people. Can't really blame the guy. Not just a normal day when you have a sudden meeting like this and see a guy missing an arm, clothes ripped and slowly bleeding out.

Ziren listened to his own blood flow. Thanks to his healing factor, and him out of the dirty environment, his wounds were starting to heal up faster, probably going to be a stub from where he cut off his own arm. He listened as two others spoke up, frankly, they were uncertain of the whole ordeal of the information that was put out to them just now.

He knows who Maki is. And he ain't no pushover. The dude fought against Takeshi and won. Even as Yuki said that Yukio was going to have to make together a team of people to go and rescue Maki, he knows that there has to be more to it than that.

"Might I suggest something?" Ziren spoke up. He made his voice loud and clear, which moreso sounded hoarse. "I agree with you that whoever these people are, are no pushovers. But even if Yukio picks the best of us for this mission, I don't think they will let Maki go that easily. What I recommend is that we have another team maybe two. In total of three. One team to act as a diversion, to pull the enemy's attention away from Maki, another to combat this group, and Yukio's team to extract Maki. There is a high possibility that even if we go covert and sneak Maki out, that these people will retaliate. I think it might be best to cripple them before they even get the chance. Even better if we can grab a valuable asset from them."

Ziren stopped speaking. What he was talking about was basically sieging the place that held Maki. It was risky, but even more risky in his opinion to send a small group of people to an uncertain enemy, with small chances of coming back.

But what are the chances that they would listen to an AIT who got punished and lost his arm in the process? He would guess that those chances are about zero to none. Hopefully they can act fast enough to save the ANBU Sennin.
Saito
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Thu May 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Manzo could not believe what he was hearing. Not that their Sennin had been captured. There was always someone stronger. What he couldn’t believe was they were holding a committee meeting to talk about how their Sennin had been captured. If Yukio was going to be leading the effort to find him, why was he here. He could have assembled his team and been looking while the rest of the corps was being briefed.

He heard people starting to talk, which was expected with news like this. The room was going to be nothing but chaos for the next few moments. He heard some good ideas, but frankly not enough information was known, to start developing a plan. Do they know where he was being taken, was anyone sighted. Questions that needed to be answered for the team going to look for him, not to be discussed in a committee. While some of the AiT’s might have good ideas, this was not going to be an easy mission with a high likelihood of death and should be left in a support role.

Turning to Yukio he spoke. He did not raise his voice to be heard by everyone, not that he cared who heard but did not feel the need to broadcast his question.

”What all do you need to get started, if you need people I am more than happy to help.“ His voice was cold and emotionless but he wanted to cut right to the point. Information and ideas could be relayed via radio but for now he was more interested in hearing how the hunt would begin

[MFT]
Hyuuga Yukio
Leaf Sennin
Leaf Sennin
Valentine's Event 2018

Thu May 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Listening to each of them speak both as they entered and the general reaction to the news of Maki's disappearance there was bound to be more than a few questions though Yukio would focus on those regarding the mission at hand taking a step forward to speak. "Regarding the mission it will be myself and two others of my choice, considering the scale of this incident and the potential risks I have asked the other branches for assistance on this matter." There was a slight pause most certain there would be some concerns about such a thing however he raised his hand a moment implying more to this explanation. "Though it is our Sennin everything must be taken into account, this is a matter that effects the village as a whole and as such should be taken as something that involves all branches."

Taking a few paces back and forth before those present he had thought through the whole thing in the time taken to get to the meeting from Hokage mansion a plan in mind to retrieve Maki at any cost. "As such I am looking to take the head Joinin and a medic with me, I trust Shinzo to a great degree and bringing a medic with me is not something that needs explaining. Though there may be questions about these methods I would prefer you simply trust my judgement should you have any questions regarding anything other than the mission I shall guide your attention back to Yuki here."

With that he gave a nod to Yuki before returning to standing by her side though there wasn't much time to spare at least as far as he was concerned it was only proper to see each member to their duties before departing ensuring order was maintained. Though he had little doubt in Yuki's ability to put her foot down when push came to shove and was more than ready to back her word should the need arise.
Santaru Soku
Leaf Anbu Captain
Leaf Anbu Captain

Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 pm

The fact that Maki, someone of his caliber was actually shocking. She'd knew he had not been seen for a while but the very fact that he had been kidnapped came as news to her. She'd met the man before and she knew he wasn't one to just simply let some clowns swoop in and brush him up as if he were nothing more than a tiny little feather which he most defnitely was not. The Sennin sat at the top of the food chain for sure perhaps even surpassing Lord Takeshi himself. A barrage of questions and exclamations of shock followed this from the people present and the Santaru had her own questions but she fired off the ones she thought which would be most beneficial to the meeting at hand currently."We've established the fact that Maki - Sama is missing, that's all well and good. Do we know who took him? How could we possibly start to zone in about his whereabouts if we don't even know the identity of the persons who took him?"

The next bit came as news to her. Yukio would be leading a team to rescue the ANBU Sennin and she could see no better fit for the role. Wondering inwardly about whom would join this group of rescuers, her attention refocused as the Hyuuga took the stage. The ANBU were still in quite a daze about the fact that indeed, Maki had been kidnapped and taken as unbelievable as it sounded."Who would try such a thing and why?"Soku muttered to herself pondering as she wondered where he was now probably suffering or even worse. Hang in there, we're coming for you, boss or at least Sensei is.

Current Roleplays

1.Taken
2.Taken
3.Taken
4. Taken

Tea Slot 1: Taken
Tea Slot 2: Open

Tutor Thread: Open
Event/Exam Thread: Open
Misson Thread: Taken
Contract Thread: Taken

Theme: https://youtu.be/0HNF2gqokP8
Kotori
Admin
Admin
Leaf Anbu
Donater

Sun May 06, 2018 8:59 am

As soon as the room was filling with people he already didn't recognize that many of them. Slowly he started to sit down and listen towards each one of them. Even though he was worried regarding the others, he knew that Maki wasn't an easy prey to capture. In his mind, he instantly flashed back to the fight with his dad and now Hokage. He even started to ponder on who what and where... Even he was smart enough to not blurt anything with them... and soon, very soon he came to a realization that jumped him a little. Was he the last one with Maki the last time? He swallowed a time after those thoughts and started to go further listening towards them. That... was a whole thing that had been going on like this. Slowly he started to watch the room, seems that there was something going on with the speed of it all. He left a soft sigh and kept the words and thoughts to himself as for his mind it wasn't news to share with the whole room of his suspicion on somewhat the day that they had last seen each other. But none the less he started to place his thumb and index finger on his chin and started to think and think more, not even listening to his surroundings anymore.
Doku
Leaf Anbu
Leaf Anbu

Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Resisting the urge to drift off into peaceful slumber was a real challenge and he was struggling. Why do I need to know if the Senin is missing? Hurry up and go look for him then. Unless they want me to go find him they are wasting their time. He didn't say any of this out loud though no one else managed to keep their thoughts to themselves as the room erupted with questions. This will make it hard to nap...

He managed to listen to their plan and who they were sending though the names meant nothing to him and he resolved once again to get out a bit more and meet people.

[117 Words]
Hase Aki
Leaf Med-Nin
Leaf Med-Nin

Fri May 18, 2018 1:28 pm

She stood up and raised her hand, once everyone had spewed their questions and got answers. She was just an AiT, fresh off the boat. Didn't even really have time to be trained before the base had to change and things got moved. She was somewhat of a victim of circumstance, and any power and mobility she had gained in her time as an AiT was purely her own, considering her mentor she was paired with was Maru and he was most likely in hot water now.

"What's our assignments, I imagine time is of the essence and if I'm needed I'd like to get out there and help." she said plainly, not being a big sunshine bubble meant she sounded serious, when in reality she just wasn't smiling. A rarity for the girl who was optimistic to a fault.
Uchiha Hana
Leaf Anbu In Training
Leaf Anbu In Training
Valentine's Event 2018

Sun May 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Hana stood beside Ziren and listen to each of them talk, she couldn’t believe Maki had been kidnapped, very bizarre to this to happen. She would be willing to help out if need be. She just hoped they gotten him back quickly and safely. She waited to all spoke, Hana didn’t really know what to say, so she sat silently, and waited for teams to form and so on , to look for Maki.
Bi-Gomon
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 pm

Kuro continued to stand in his corner completely unnoticed, as the conversations between each of the ANBU resonated throughout the vast and empty hall. Why were all the ANBU called? Doesn't even make sense He sneered in disagreement while a stinging pain rushing to his eyes, so quickly he turned his back to the group and quietly walked out through the main entrance without anyone noticing. "Finally, I was able to get out of there....or else it might have been worse Kuro let out a long sigh as the pulled out a small flask from underneath his robes, and slowly started to drink away, while watching the sunset tip over the horizon.
Pity how I won't be able to see such a beautiful scene soon A small tear slowly rolled down his cheek as his vision slightly blurred out, causing him to stumble onto the ground while coughing out blood. "Why resist your destiny....Why do you insist on being a part of these humans? They don't even notice your presence" A raspy voice loudly resonated within his mind, causing Kuro to rub his temples in pain. "Leave me alone you wretched being...." A wave of pain rushed throughout his body, causing him to violently convulse before stopping seconds after, "That's not a nice thing to say to someone who saved your life.....hehehe" The voice let out a demented laugh, as if it was enjoying seeing him in pain.
A few mintues later, Kuro barely walked himself to a nearby tree in which he leaned against. I can't hold on much longer..... He internally screamed to himself, as his vision was slowly covered by purple and white haze.
Haku Yuki
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Donater
Valentine's Event 2018

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Yuki heard the voices talk back at her while they spoke at different time to her it was like they where all talking at once, each voice bleeding into the other swirling in her head giving her a headache. Placing her hand on the desk in front of her she spoke loudly to the crowd.
“Yukio has selected the team that he will be taking with him and will be going alone, I am not going to spend another team for back-up. Whoever is holding Maki is a dangerous individual or group, four people is an acceptable lost should they fail. I am not going to needlessly endanger more lives.” Her eyes turned to Yukio who she knew stood a very high chance of not coming back from this mission which was a fact that she knew that she had to accept no matter how much she didn’t want to. “From this point on I want you to consider anyone entering the village as a threat until proven otherwise. Yukio you are now dismissed along with the rest of you. Kodoma Yoshihisa, Santaru Soku and Izumi you stay”

The female turned from the group and placed her hand on her old student’s shoulder. She looked at him her emerald eyes looking directly into his jade eyes. Yuki brought her mouth to his ear speaking to him softly and quietly enough for only him to hear her words.
“Please be safe.” She pulled away from him not having to say anything further, he wasn’t just her student he was her family. Taking her hand off his shoulder she took a seat back at her desk waiting for the others to leave the meeting hall apart from those who she had requested stay.

[All dismissed apart from Kodoma, Soku and Izumi]
(Profile)
Current Roleplays:
Contract Search: Where Angels Fear to Tread [Dual Contract Search]
Tutor Thread: (Open)
Mission Thread: (Open)
Battle Modding: (Open)
Mission Modding:
Mission Modding: (Open)
Kotori
Admin
Admin
Leaf Anbu
Donater

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 pm

so many words had been said in the meanwhile that Izumi just lost track of everything right now. A slow sigh left him as he started to play with his hairs. Then all the sudden Yuki started to talk. Izumi raised his head and tilted it slightly to the side. Called out... being called out... was NEVER a good thing in the mind of Izumi, especially in a dangerous situation involving a mom... He swallowed lightly and a hand was raised to scratch the back of his neck... but he did nod and nodded once more. Maybe... this was a good thing. Izumi stood there waiting till everyone was gone before he was standing up and taking a stance closer. Still making a small bow that he was here to listen to what she was going to say. After that he would take a seat closer by to her, that was if it was to be allowed.
Kodoma Yoshihisa
Leaf Anbu Captain
Leaf Anbu Captain

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:43 pm

With the meeting seemingly concluded and their team of trackers decided, Yoshihisa was somewhat surprised to find himself to be among the select few to stay behind per Yuki's orders. As he pulled back his chair and rose to his feet there was the thought slipping his mind that just perhaps was actually something of a backup team in place for this only to quickly dismiss it on the grounds that if there was, someone like Manzo would surely be a more suitable candidate stay behind. "How is it that I may be of service, Yuki-sama?" He took a knee in front of the captain, his head lowered as he tried to determine what it could be that awaited him as well as his two junior colleagues from here on out.

However the larger picture presented an even greater threat than anything that he could hope to face here: With their branch leader missing all hell could break loose at any moment if word got out, and after the stain that was Maru had somehow managed to rise up the ranks he had to be forgiven if he didn't exactly place his unwavering trust in the ANBU as a collective on keeping such hot button information confined to this very room.
Santaru Soku
Leaf Anbu Captain
Leaf Anbu Captain

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:03 am

The meeting was adjourned and as Soku prepared to leave, she heard the Captain call her name alongwith two others. It seemed things were not over quite yet. She recgonized giving Izumi a gentle smile but a more important question lingered on her mind.I wonder what Yuki-sama needs to tell us.She scooted closer taking note of the other ANBU who had been requested to stay. This one, she had not met before. She slowly looked up to meet the Captain's gaze, her heart pounding inside. What was so important that everyone else had to leave before continuing? Soku hoped they hadn't caused trouble of any kind. After her last scuffle, she had done well and good to stay out of any trivial matters and Izumi did not seem like the type to go about causing a ruckus so one could only imagine what Yuki was about to say.

Simply waiting, she patiently allowed the ANBU kunoichi form her words. Speaking now would only be rude, it was apparent she had something to say and that it was important to the three of them so better to allow the senior shinobi to speak before bursting out with questions and comments. She was sure Yuki had enough questions thrown at her during the length of the meeting, the ANBU Sennin's dissappearance left a lot of issues to be addressed and in turbulent times like these, the stress was high on the leadership and Soku was sure the Captain would not appreciate the fact if she was bombarded with a barrage of words. A brief period of silence followed as the trio waited for their acting Sennin to speak on the matter.

Current Roleplays

1.Taken
2.Taken
3.Taken
4. Taken

Tea Slot 1: Taken
Tea Slot 2: Open

Tutor Thread: Open
Event/Exam Thread: Open
Misson Thread: Taken
Contract Thread: Taken

Theme: https://youtu.be/0HNF2gqokP8