A Sense of Belonging [Open]

Those needing medical help can find the best medics around behind these safe, sterile and always open doors. While most of the medical professionals that work here are not shinobi, the Medical Corps of Konohagakure are not completely without those trained in both the medical and shinobi arts.

Moderator: Leaf Council

Myakashi Migoya
Leaf Med-Nin
Leaf Med-Nin
Cash on hand: Locked
Donater

A Sense of Belonging [Open]

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:48 am

He breathed in the smell of disinfectant, enjoying the sterility of the environment as it brought back pleasant memories.

It was here, at least at the old hospital that once had stood here, that a young Yushi Migoya had stood and decided that the art of medicine was something he could and should do. Under the guidance of skilled med-nin he had learned, and in turn taught his skills to others. It was here he had saved lives and in so doing found purpose and belonging.

It was here that he had been when the samurai attacked. It was here that he had seen friends and colleagues butchered - those who had stayed behind to care for the wounded. It was here that he had succumbed to his own wounds, ones he still carried, for not all wounds could be seen.

He was dressed in an immaculate white robe, woven tightly and made of fine woolen cloth that covered a chuunin vest, made of tooled white leather. The insignia of the Myakashi clan could be seen near his neck - an inverted fountain pen nib - but no-where was the insignia of the hidden leaf. His shock of white hair seemed to have been styled as it framed his face perfectly making him quite handsome indeed. Crimson eyes seemed to drink in the surroundings as he silently walked forward to once again take his place amongst the best and brightest in the village.

A smile graced his porcelain features. He was back where he belonged.
As a child I never realized that all the real monsters in the world are human

Current Threads:

RP:
RP:https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=753&t=58048
RP:
RP: https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=75 ... d0#p309009
Contract Search: https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=807&t=58231
Class:
Mission:
Tsukasa Mikasa
Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Bank: Locked
Donater
Valentine's Event 2018

Re: A Sense of Belonging [Open]

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:13 pm

The threads of fate wove ironic situations, this day no exception as Mikasa stood at the main entrance of the Konoha Byoin. An ivory coat adorns her figure, the underlining her usual attire of crimson, and her platinum mane braided neatly as opposed to their initial meeting. Turning about she blinks from behind the safety of her spectacles, Migoya-san?" she inquires with a broadening grin. "You clean up very well!" she compliments with a chuckle, alluding to the notion of their previous encounter under the bridge, recalling the drowned mouse appearance. Pressing her left index against the rim of eye wear, she nestles them snugly on the bridge of her nose, "Welcome home." she murmurs in a tender dove tone, a melting wafer on a choir girls tongue.

Deciding to stroll towards him, versus standing idle until he entered, she joins by his side to view the Byoin from the outside - an item she seemed to do less often. "Not as glamorous as previous rendition, but a work in progress." Mikasa comments in a brisk tone, "Although I am very proud of the patients ward garden and amount of sunlight each room now receives versus the previous blue prints." a slight pause, Are you aware that the lack of sunlight causes mild depression?" she uses as a basis to start up conversation, clearly eager to begin with another.

Trudging forward, she pivots around to raise an eyebrow towards the ivory hue clean cut shinobi, "Foremost, I want your expertise on potential changes you feel are necessary. Having one who is familiar with the previous building is extremely beneficial. Thus, I am giving you a mandatory tour, assuming you have the time, Miyoga-san?" she leans forward with a sly grin. Oceanic hues shimmer, obviously ecstatic to his recent arrival.
Myakashi Migoya
Leaf Med-Nin
Leaf Med-Nin
Donater

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:44 am

A familiar presence, cool yet with the strange murmur of unseen power, drifted around Migoya as his gaze rested upon the newly built building.

Migoay gave a friendly wink, clearly playing along. "Not too bad yourself Mikasa-sama. I figured looking like a dirty wet rat would be counterproductive in instilling a sense of... competency," he added with a grin. Indeed, Migoya tended to not care about his appearance unless it suited a particular purpose, and in this instance being a doctor required a certain image. No-one wanted to go to a doctor who looked like a bum.

"Welcome home." The words were uttered, and they brought emotions out, ones that Migoya quickly pushed down. Giving what appeared to be a sad smile, Migoya nodded softly. Thank you - he left the words unspoken, but it was clearly felt.

Mikasa then spoke of the growth of the byoin, and the implementation of a patients garden and sunlit rooms. Such additions were clever - happy patients tended to heal quickly. All they needed now was puppies.

"The greatest masterpieces started with but a single stroke," he responded. "And it is clear that you, and your predecessors, knew where to start." he said honestly. Out of all the branches, the Medics were the most long-sighted. I guess having to deal with death more closely than the others made them see the importance of legacy.

When Mikasa continued about depression in those who did not have access to sunlight, Migoya chuckled. "Well - that explains a lot of things!" he laughed, mostly towards himself. "My particular lack of melanin makes the sun a vicious enemy - I think I would be depressed in the sun all day," he joked. "But I can definitely see the benefits in such a treatment. Very clever."

The pair started to walk towards the Byoin, Migoya continuing to gaze over the building in an effort to find things to suggest. It was not as large as the previous hospital, but that building had included features that were best placed away from the infirm. Research and Development was best done offsite - this building should be, and was, focused on healing.

"Of course Mikasa-sama, I am willing to help where I am needed. First off," he said making sure others were not listening in. "Are the escape tunnels and patient bunkers still intact? If things are going to get worse..." he let the sentence drift off. There was clearly a feeling of panic around the village, and this in and of itself would not help the patients. If there were, however, a place to protect them it would ease Migoya's troubled thoughts. Mikasa then offered a mandatory tour, which lightened the mood.

"You lead", he said with a grin. This would seem to be their catch-phrase.

Current Threads:

RP:
RP:
Class:
Mission:
Kotori
Admin
Admin
Leaf Anbu
Donater

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:45 pm

At first, Kotori had been sunbathing with learning books along with her. She kept studying but found herself getting more lost and lost watching the flowers and the sakura tree around her. Slowly she started to gather up her stuff again and pack it all up. 'This isn't going to work...' These were the thoughts that went through her head. Slowly she shook her head even, letting her crimsons hairs weave in the wind.
As she started to make way inside she grabber her practice sword. It was really custom designed to have the same length, weight, look of her usual sword. Yet this one was made out of wood and the sleeve of it was just regular cloth. Strong enough to hold it, use it for a couple of years. But not the trustworthy material she normally used for a real sword. She started to make her way outside and train for a long while, this was until she had scraped herself. Knowing too well she should take care of it, but having at a spot she couldn't exactly see clearly... She decided to go to the medicals in the village, after all, she was already well known there because of her illness sometimes.
Ever since Kotori was a small little baby, she had a hard time getting ill. But boy... Once she had the illness it really caught her badly. Yet she kind of had 2 types of illness. One of a bacterial infection, the other of over-exhausting her own body. When she went over her own limits badly.. She would be asleep most of the first day, the second day she would hardly be been able to move at all.. The muscle ache would get the better of her. Luckily, this wouldn't always be that severe. However, this illness still was. Having a high fever for almost a solid 4 days, always making people worry about her because such a high fever was lethal. With everything aside, she couldn't hold in water which she drank often. After the first day of being sick, she would stop throwing out everything and slowly adjust... After 3 days... She was good enough to eat food again. A week later she could finally be up and be moving and after two weeks she was finally well enough to be active again in the community.

Once Kotori finally arrived she started to walk around the place, humming to herself, taking a step by step and not even flinching because of the scrape on the back of her shoulder. The girl was happily counting up in the most common language the Leaf inhabitants had, fuego.

Once she heard two voices, she took one out of it in an instant. "Mikasa!" She said a little bit happy and started to rush towards the place, running and jumping as the last step, almost missing the last step and taking her balance back. This small girl was always a happy energy ball that tried her best for everything and everyone. "Ello! Can I... erm... do I disturb you guys..?" She questioned, seeing how they were alone... and instantly... One thing in her mind went... "Mister and Mikasa were all alone... K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" She giggled and stuck her tongue out. "Just kidding!! I think... I heard it from Academy Students! The teacher laughed... It is funny?" She tilted her head. She... actually went to a lot of topics in a short while. "S-sorry..." She patted the back of her head and took a step back, making sure that when they told her to go back, she would easily be able to.

Spoken language. and then this is thoughts going by her.
Ooc message: [topic entere]
Word counter: 603
Tsukasa Mikasa
Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Donater
Valentine's Event 2018

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Inquisitively the Sennin stares at the ivory shinobi, not taking into consideration his genetic disruptions, an apologetic smile is given as an immediate response. Prior to their conversation going into any greater depths, a rambunctious youth bounces into the scene. "The tunnels caved in during the previous iteration and currently being re-secured to ensure safety while traversing is in tip top shape." she affirms, although not mentioning the bunkers, for she knew that there were currently none underneath; despite the need. This wasn't to delude to the notion Mikasa arrogant to the matter, merely lacking the man power to begin reconstruction, however Miyoga's clan more than capable of providing aid in that department.

The future was bright for the pair, Mikasa requiring a fill in in the future for a research head and Miyoga eager to obtain trade routes for reasons that did not concern her. "Lets hope I manage to not step on your toes aga-" she pauses to lean forward to rustle the crimson locks of the youth, "Kotori-chan, feeling well today?" she inquires in a silky tone, ignoring the childish antics with a light chuckle. The time line was a bit fickle, the child's birth was a blur and yet the kunoichi felt no different, for various of reasons. Never the less to enjoy anothers company was fantastic,

Instinctively she holds hand outwards to be grasped on by the youngling, "You are just in time for a tour, I am sure we have lollipops somewhere near the reception desk." the maiden offers as a means to coax the Hokage's daughter; however this would also prove to be a turning point if she wished to not attend to their adventures. "You don't mind do you, Migoya-san?" she inquires before realizing there wasn't a proper introduction. "Ah! Apologies, this is Uchiha Kotori-chan and this fine gentlemen is Myakashi Migoya-san, the Byoin's sharpest scalpel." she jests, although Mikasa held actual meaning behind the statement.

[OOC: Apologies on the delay!]
Myakashi Migoya
Leaf Med-Nin
Leaf Med-Nin
Donater

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:46 am

"Hmm. Understood," Migoya replied, stroking his chin in thought. The old tunnels and bunkers under the hospital were strong, but the explosions caused by the samurai during the war would have caused extensive damage. He hoped that during reconstruction they might find some of them still intact - but perhaps that was another adventure that the med-nin would need to undertake in the future.

Mikasa then began to speak about stepping on his toes when a burst of energy appeared between the pair - the Hokage’s daughter. Migoya had met, well seen, her once before at the gates where Nitish was decimated. This child, so full of energy and enthusiasm, almost immediately put Migoya on edge, unfamiliar as he was with ‘happy’ children. His own past and that of most of his clan were filled with traumatic childhoods, and this sort of child was foreign to him in the extreme.

He listened with interest at Mikasa’s introduction of the girl, before going to one knee to look her in the eye. His face wore a wide smile, and his crimson eyes glinted in the sunlight. He first looked back towards Mikasa.

“No problem at all Mikasa-sama. Any opportunity to teach the young of Konoha is always advantageous,” he added with a grin, obviously ignoring the k-i-s-s-i-n-g barb. Seriously, what were the Academy Students on about… He turned to look back at the kunoichi, or at least the one in training. He gave a nod with his head.

“Well met Katori-chan. Mikasa-sama gives me too much credit - Im still a student, just like you, well we all are really” he said with a grin. “Sorry to be nosey, but I’m a doctor. Mikasa-sama asked if you were feeling well today… do you have days when you don’t feel too good?”

This Katori… she is either naive, or is faking it. No child in a shinobi village should have this much… joy. Or perhaps… if the child suffered from an illness, perhaps she has not had the same experiences as others...

Perhaps there was a measure of good in Migoya in asking, or perhaps this was an opportunity to hold something over the vicious Hokage. Always plotting…

“Well, unless there are more interesting people jumping out of the bushes, may we please begin the tour? I’m quite excited about seeing the Byoin.”

Current Threads:

RP:
RP:
Class:
Mission:
Kotori
Admin
Admin
Leaf Anbu
Donater

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 am

She felt bad for the words she had spoken, hoping they indeed took it as a joke... Slowly the patting on the back of her head started to stroke the long strands of her hair before Mikasa was inching closer already. The soft rustles through her hair made the small girl giggle and stretch out, after that she took the others hand which was already there for her to hold.
She didn't answer just yet as she looked towards the male on the company, something... was odd.... Where had she seen him before now she started to look better at him.
“Sorry to be nosey, but I’m a doctor. Mikasa-sama asked if you were feeling well today… do you have days when you don’t feel too good?” Kotori jumped a little, feeling even more rubbish she forgot to answer that question at all.. Tightening the grasp on Mikasa's hand for just a single moment.
"Ah-!" She said in surprise and made a bow. "First... Nice to meet you Mr. Myakashi." She slowly would stand up and start to answer them. "I am doing alright now. Sometimes I get sick or I overwork myself on the trainings... Then I am here often... Or rather... a lot..?" She turned her head and made a small giggle. 'Where do I know him...?' Were thoughts meanwhile crossing. "Once I get sick I always get treated here... They say I get a devilish fever! Other times I just sleep a day passed here..." She snickered at it. "But... I am sorry to correct you. I am not an Academy Student myself, neither genin or chuunin..." She made an apologetic smile towards them. She looked towards Mikasa... Back to the male. She was still trike by the looks of him... Slowly inching closer to try to pat the hairs. "White and crimson eyes... Albino right..?" She muttered in herself, taking note and information this quick on her young age was for some a whole task. "Hm hmm-! I like you!" She said, took a few steps back and turned, having her hair swirl along.

"So... So..." She hummed from one leg to another. "Can I please walk with you?" Weaving from one leg to another she started to look a bit impatient. "I can grab us all lollies if they have enough! That way we have something for in between the tour! I can show you where the lollies are!" She offered to show the first thing of the tour. "Or... erm... If you want I can go to papa in the office...?" She took note that she might be forcing herself to much with them.. as her father often said, big people, are at work. But her herself with her ANBU work wasn't much difference, but the smile became a bit more apologetic. She staggered in her movement, recognizing where she knew him from, her smile fade as she looked to him. "You are from the time Nitish died..." She said neutral... " You were there too, same as the other small child, papa and mama and the Hyuuga.., Hmm..." She started to ponder about something before smiling again, the mind of candy crossing her head again. "Candy!" She announced that that would be the first stop for Kotori at least.

Spoken language. and then this is thoughts going by her.
Ooc message: [MFT]
Word counter: 546
Tsukasa Mikasa
Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Donater
Valentine's Event 2018

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Mikasa didn't find any harm for the daughter of the Hokage trailing the duo for a majority of the adventure; however particular sections would be forbidden due to branch specific skeletons in the closet - so to speak. "Kotori-chan, has severe chronic illness and at times requiring extensive recuperation. Thus far, nothing repairable, however further research will be required to find the exact reasoning." a brief pause, "I'll go over the files at a later date with you, Migoya-san." she addresses before strolling forward to press the main entrance doors ajar to welcome them into the realm solely based on attending to the injured, mending the broken, and thriving minds eager to advance.

This particular morning was a tad bit more busier than normal, the receptionist was usually calm and collected, but the amount requiring general check ups were piling up due to the looming potential threats of the unknown proclaimed Frost. Unfortunately a single petite lollipop remained in a stereotypical translucent jar, "The receptionist area hasn't been altered, at least to my knowledge - at least too drastically." she comments, the typical front desk with an abundance of chairs against the walls form isles. The main difference were the large vases of fragrant Stargazer Lilies, Mikasa's personal favorite; a sensual and spicy scent to guise the stereotypical smell of hospitals. The walls were a gentle cloud ivory.

Peering towards the receptionist she gives a gentle wave, bowing her head in the process and receiving the same in return prior to the faceless returning to the numerous of guests beginning to gather before noon. Continuing forward the Sennin gestures towards the east and west wing, "The west and east closest rooms are for patient wards, each has an access door to enter the patient gardens, which circle a majority of the Byoin. Various activities take place, assuming the weather isn't dreary." the maiden murmurs in a gentle tone, "Although I have been tempted to create a barrier to prevent bad weather, but I wouldn't be able to guise the discolored sky on a rainy day would I?" she chuckles.

Pivoting about she gestures towards the north, "Most of our examination rooms are behind the receptionist desk, fairly standard I would believe. Further in the rear are the critical surgical rooms. Let us get your opinion, Migoya-san." she walks forward for him to peer into each room to his hearts content.
Myakashi Migoya
Leaf Med-Nin
Leaf Med-Nin
Donater

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 am

Migoya took in the evaluation of him being an ‘albino’ in stride - at least it was not said in derision as it had been in the past. White hair seemed to be ‘in’ these days. Mikasa was able to elaborate a bit on the girls condition, attracting Migoya’s interest.

“Hmm. I’d be more than happy to research something should you wish Mikasa-sama, and you Kotori-chan. I like… challenges.”

Migoya reached over towards the jar, pulling out the sole remaining lollypop. Teasingly, he put it towards his mouth before stopping, turning to Kotori, and offering her the treat with a grin. “Yes - I thought I recognised you. It is a shame we met under such circumstances,” he was going to continue, but the girl was wrapped up in the candy.

Her acting is… very good.

“You have done a fine job Mikasa-sama. Stargazer lilies if I am correct. Such a beautiful fragrance, and very few cases of allergic reaction. A good choice indeed, and clearly someone knows how to tend them properly,” he said as walked over and held one of the delicate flowers in his pale hand, its pink petals fading into white somewhat similar to his own colouring. “A symbol of prosperity… but also sympathy…”

His gaze rose from the flower and he looked at the busy receptionists, doing the often unrewarded trade of having to deal with people at their most vulnerable. He offered a warm smile and a bow towards them - they were unsung heroes.

“Very nice. Perhaps a small water feature with koi or the like. I hear the benefits of fish tanks have great thearpudial effects, and offset with the flowers would make this place very inviting.” It could also be used as a defensive measure…

Indeed, his expert gaze looked around the hospital, trying to find any hint of security features. They were limited, but obviously the focus was on the patients here, rather than threats, so it was understandable. After the Frost threat though it would seem that security measures would have to take place, but such discussions could wait until the two were alone.

As Mikasa had explained there was not much change in the reception area, but functionality was key here. Mikasa further explained that the emergency section was behind reception. This had once been Migoya’s area of expertise - diagnosis and emergency treatment - but his interests now lay elsewhere. Immortality gave one a deeper perspective on long-term goals after all.

Migoya first walked to the wards, bowing towards the nurses as he scanned the rooms. They were modern and up-to-date with all the necessary features, along with access to the outside. From a holistic perspective they were impressive, but again there was the risk of security, but one could not have both.

“Even the most beautiful places must have rain, otherwise how will we appreciate the sunlight?” Migoya muttered in response to Mikasa’s words on creating a barrier, clearly drawing on their previous conversation. No - it was beautiful the way it was.

“Excellent… these rooms are better than they used to be. A nice upgrade to be sure.”

He continued to look around the different rooms, taking each in and nodding with approval. Apart from security issues, something he dwelt on, they were functional and well maintained. Excellent in all respects.

“It is a fine place of healing Mikasa-sama, and, whilst not as large as the previous hospital, this will serve the needs of our village. We probably will need to ask for a grant to expand further… and there are some ‘security’ issues I would like to propose, but it looks fantastic."

“I know its a bit of a stretch, but perhaps a more dedicated triage section near the front of the hospital? One of the issues we used to face is having to determine the severity of required treatment all within the same space as those undertaking emergency medical procedures. Separating the two might help us organise and navigate, and hopefully reduce patient waiting times. That’s just a suggestion though - this place is fantastic.”

Normally Migoya only gave compliments when they suited him, but these words rang true. He was impressed indeed. However, his thoughts now drifted below to the many storage rooms the old hospital held, each full of proverbial and literal skeletons. Yes… research and development was now his interest, and whilst the treatment of the afflicted was a worthy goal, prevention was always better than the cure.

WC: 745
[MFT]

Current Threads:

RP:
RP:
Class:
Mission:

Return to “Konoha Byoin”