Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Early Spring Cleaning

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A leader of any team will often eventually find themselves at a crossroads. Either take charge and enforce your will for your perceived benefit of the greater whole. Or let the group consensus lead the way, despite how much of an issue you see further down the line.

We as people aren't mind readers, and we have to try to communicate our thoughts and opinions to try and convince others to understand what it is you see from where you sit. Fail or succeed.

Bias is tricky. You may have emotional bias, or you might have a pre-established relationship that makes your words and votes be at risk of being called out for being bias.

These past few days have made a deep impression on me, and I have been profoundly impacted by them. Both in personal relationships, but also the whole community at large. And I find myself at the same crossroads.

I understand fully what it is that I want to do. I understand what the potential backlash may be. And I most certainly understand the potential benefit from doing it.

I am an emotional individual, a lot of my decisions are grounded in emotional responsibility to myself. And unfortunately it results in me avoiding conflict and aggression. I've never been a competitive person and so I easily lose any sorts of fights or contests.

I've been pondering for several days now, sitting at the crossroads in doubt on what I could, and what I should do. As a site owner I have a responsibility. To help this community and its members. To try and improve and guide the teams around this site. A lot of this is delegated through the Administration team and the work each of them puts into these responsibilities is to be commended.

However a decision that was made recently has been thoroughly reviewed again and again and again, and it’s now to the point that it’s come up to me to make a final judgment. And one of my greater considerations is who has been personally and deeply impacted by it. There are several members that have been personally affected by it, and two of them have already opted to go ahead and announce their departure from the site as a whole in response to the decision made.

6-7 years ago we were 5 members of this site within the same city, we hung out, we drank, we walked, and we visited many places together. One night we were drunk quite a bit and as I went to my hotel, they went off to theirs. On the way to their hotel one of the members present had an incident against another. Not taking no for an answer. Further escalation was thankfully prevented. And we continued on the following day like it didn't happen.

The following year the same 5 members were all under the same household for a short visit. The same kind of incident continued again. And everyone else had to provide protection for the receiving party. Once the event ended we went back home on our merry way. But the friendship between the two parties had been irreparably ruined. Then, following a transgression of trust between those that protected and the party that committed it occurred, prompting the friendship to fully disintegrate.

After having been a witness to most of what's happened, and having been involved within the friendship circle.

Fast forward a little over half a year and the request to review his ban came up. I decided to not vote on this matter and instead share my opinion and discuss the matter but my vote would be absent from it. The final decision on this was what occurred just recently.

As a site owner I regret not having stepped up before. I regret not having crossed the road before on this decision. But instead I've left it hanging in the air like an old sock smelling up the house.

As per the posting of this announcement the old sock has been thrown out. It has now been put away into the trash and is no longer permitted within any community, site or chatrooms I am in control of. I am the judge and jury of this case. And there is no future review or requests that can be made or communicated on this matter. This decision is final. To hell what may come my way.

Best regards.
Keiji
Site Owner.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back