Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

99 Problems but a Demon Ain't One [Private]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: A continuation from here]

As Kahako walked about the streets of Kumogakure, she could feel his presence. She could smell the cologne he wears and as if his hand was holding hers. His gentle voice calling to her. What bothers you, my master?

At first Kahako used the chakra to fuel her jog. Her running became a fast sprint as she carried herself further and further away from home. She was still in the urban part of the city, but Kahako knew it wouldn’t be long before she ran into a large patch of wooded area.

But that wasn’t what bothered her. No, Kahako was running to try and get her mind off of the conversation between her and her aunt. Once Kahako realized that she had been blessed (or cursed, depending on who looked at it) with the ability to control chakra, it was like a new set of possibilities opened for her. It took hard work and months of convincing her father and mother to let her enroll in the academy. Kahako thought that once she made it to Kumogakure, her family life would become less stressful. Unfortunately, she was sorely disappointed. For the past two years, the woman continued to pressure Kahako into to ending her career as a shinobi. And for two years Kahako didn’t say much to the passive aggressive games Sei played. But today, to have that same argument right after her new body transformation? Well… it was why she was running, wasn’t it?

However, a voice in her head that wasn’t remotely close to her own stopped Kahako in her tracks, and from her thoughts. Kahako paused and looked around. “That voice…” she mumbled, barely a whisper. ‘…Satou-san?’ she thought timidly. It had been… two years since she heard him. Felt that eerie presence that brought her comfort and safety when she was still a child. Two years since a frightened student and a demon who was at death’s door shared a meal… and a deal.

The tingle of someone holding her hand startled Kahako for a second. Her head looked around, but no one was close enough to her to initiate the contact. Plus, the feeling didn’t go away either. ‘Satou-san, is that you? How are you in my head? Where are you?’ General confusion plagued Kahako as she searched the surrounding area for her demon companion.

If the demon had been in the area, He would spot his master quite easily. Gone was Kahako’s yellow sweater and fuzzy, unruly hair. Instead stood a bewildered teen in a red cloak.

[Sorry for short post being short. There’s not much to go on here, but let’s get this ball rolling!]
[MFT 385 words]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How many days? How many months? Was it really two years? Two whole years, locked away in a cell, challenged by his demon to fight from day after day of malnourishment. They thought him insane. That his thirst for blood was a mental issue. No, he was a creature of darkness. After being locked away for so long, Sealed from speaking or to see his Master. He still caught glimpses of her, seeing her in his mind when he slept, and the demon whispering profanities and horrid things it would do to her if it won.

But it didn't, he secured his mind and powers, slightly so. Much more then when they first met. He was in more stable control over his form as a demon and as a Shinobi. When released, set back into the world. He had to re-adjust to life outside a single room. Going out for a drink or to get food took a little bit of time to get routine back in. Alongside his training and personal life. He took the time to feed on the wildlife, but his mouth and throat felt parched every time he thought of her.

Higa Kahako, the girl he swore his life to. He had not told her of where he went, she most likely had been left with just the memory of a horrible monster, taking her blood one night and to simply vanish for two whole years. Now only to hear his voice whispering to her. "I just finished training, I'm a few yards from you...."

She started to hear the heavy bending of tree branches as Satou appeared above her, standing rather high up a tree on thick branch that supported him fairly well. Sitting down looking to her with a smile on his face, he was clean shaven, but his hair grew a bit long, a big roughened up like her own. Tied back in a knot, he looked not even the slightest aged. Wearing a simple black T-shirt that clung to his muscular features rather tightly showing every curvature of his form. Some baggy sweat pants. Out for a jog, what would appear.

"Yo! long time no see eh?" He called out to her as he slipped off the branch and plummeted to the ground, a heavy thud as he landed perfectly on his feet, a bit of bounce an hop before pacing over to her. "Sorry I've been gone for so long, they thought I was just a loon so they locked me up. It took me awhile to get control of my powers to show them what I was to have them let me free."He paused when he got but a few feet from her, looking her up and down. "I see my Master has grown into a lovely young lady." He grinned and bowed to her on one knee.

"As such I should present myself to you in this way. I, Ketsueki Satou, here to serve you. My lady" He spoke so calmly with ease in his words. He still had a large build even with her aged body he still seemed like a beast of a man. Unchanging.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was as if Satou hadn’t changed at all. No, that wouldn’t have been completely correct; he seemed calmer than when she last saw him. As he bowed before her, Kahako shifted her cloak to hide her body a little more. She, on the other hand, changed very much. It was funny how opposite they seemed to be. Satou hadn't aged a day while Kahako's body transformed almost overnight. She was still fairly short while he still stood towering above people. Regardless, Kahako still wasn’t used to her newly transformed physique. She knew that Satou meant his statement as a compliment, but it was still a touchy subject. Regardless, she supplied the demon with a wide smile.

“Training, huh? I remember a promise that you would train me Satou-san.” She said teasingly. It was silly that she was teasing a man much larger than her, but really it was the best way she could express that she wasn’t angry at him for disappearing. It was common for people in their profession to disappear for long periods of time without word. This entire time Kahako believed that Satou had been called out on a mission, so she didn’t look too deeply into his disappearance. However, to know that he has only been in a separate part of the hospital made her a little sad at all of the possible time they lost together.

“And it looks like you haven’t changed a day, Satou-san.” She said softly, allowing him time to rise. “I wish I had known of your location, though. I could have been granted access to see you, or at the very least review your case.” She shifted her weight again. “How are you now that you are out? Have we always had that this mental connection?” She asked as she tapped a finger to her head. Maybe this time she could get some answers as to who this man before her truly was.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The demon could only smile when hearing her words. Though he stayed bowed and spoke with rather calm manner, even if his words seemed rather forward. "Yes, as my Master it is my sworn duty not only to protect and serve, but to also teach you as you are still very young and you have much more room to grow and become unneeded of my assistance and will need only stand by you then in front of you." He stood slowly, listening to her words, her questions. His left hand raised and untied the knot, letting loose a wave of long shaggy black hair that fell past his shoulders. His hair had grown, some stubble of facial hair could be seen if looked closer. His eye's, the hue of red was deeper, as if more of the malice was visible now. The hunger a part of him, always a part of her. But he would not stare into her eyes. Not with the eyes wishing to consume flesh and blood.

No, he breathed with a sigh, running his hand through his locks to adjust it. "You ask a lot of me Master." He chuckled. "I have changed, in ways not many would like to know they have in this village. I don't think you would have been allowed. They had me in the more Heavily maintained wards. I was struggling with controlling the demon inside of me. I needed to gain more control over myself." He gave her a warm smile, a smile of comfort, to know that the person was fine speaking so freely about something rather derange. "The end of it was kinda fun. Learned a few neat tricks out of it." He paced back and fourth. Looking bout the forest. The darkness was ebbing closer. He could smell them. The creatures lurking out there. He was being hunted as he hunted them for several nights. A chasing game, training.

" I've been training, like I said. Getting used to being outside after a handful of years from living in a dark cell. Does things to people. Now imagine what its like when you got a demonic voice whispering your head every few seconds. That, is incredibly unfortunate company. Never get a demon stuck in your noggin Master." He wheeled around to his face stuck a few feet from her face. His eyes alight. "I've been playing this game with wolves lately. Its very fun. Almost like hide and go seek mixed with tag your it....Except,lt's very dangerous. If you'd like to play, my friends will be here shortly. If you'd like me to explain some neat things and possible get some training down we should leave now." He stood back wandering to and fro waiting an answer.

Howls echoed in the distance.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako watched and listened as Satou paced back and forth like a predator. He joked if they were conversing over something light hearted. But Kahako thought back to the study she read by Kushin-sama. The subjects in that study often laughed about the dark situation they were in in order to deal with the situation. It was a failsafe for the mind. Ones way to protect him or herself’s mental stability.

As he turned around to face her with his red-eyed smile, Kahako wondered if talking about what he was, or what was in his mind, in this way was how he protected himself. However, he next sentence cause her to pause her analysis and drop her smile. “Umm… what?”

She heard the howls grow closer as he last sentence clicked in her mind. ‘wolves?!’ she thought, as she watched him pace in excitement. Bewilderment was a good description of her face and emotions at the moment. “Satou-san…. You have an… odd concept of ‘entertainment’.” She said as she pulled a kunai from her pouch. “But I’ll join you.” She scanned their surrounding area. Fortunately, there were no civilians in their immediate area. It meant less people to worry about being injured. “They have gotten too close to the residential area.” She said more so to herself than to him.

The howls were getting closer, Kahako could tell. Kahako imagined it as their way of ringing a dinner bell. The finally stopped chasing their prey. Then… there was silence. It was like the calm before the storm. But what felt like dragged out minutes only passed in seconds. The creatures came into view slowly. She counted out 4, but she knew packs were usually about 8. Plus, they were just like the humans they grew up around: Vicous. And based on Satou’s explanation they hadn’t eaten in a very, very long time. It made them desperate.

She could feel the excitement—no bloodlust—build around her, but Kahako was certain it wasn’t coming from her. Could she feel it from the wolves? Satou? Maybe even both. Kahako, however, felt the fear build up within her. However, unlike the last time they had met, she didn’t let it consume her. As a few wolves began their slow approach from the tree line, Kahako used her fear, channeled it to determination. She wasn’t nearly as powerful as Satou. No. She was nowhere near his strength. But today she would prove that she had grown stronger, if only a little.

Kahako watched as the creature sniffed out the new scent. The new prey. They were weighing her strength just as she was analyzing theirs. She knew that they would attack as a pack. And they knew that she was the weaker one. They would ty to overwhelm her with their numbers along with their strength. She waited defensively. She was not going to be the one to make the first move against a tight unit like this. 'Here doggie.'

[MFT: about 479 words]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satou's smile was ever so sly as he stood in the woods, next to a young girl as all the big bad wolves came out to play. He counted more then just the small batch that was approaching him. His eyes glanced about the night. Yes, of course there would be more. He would handle this rather well though. A bit of warm up. Was good start, also it helped him see how Kohako's abilities were developing. This time, he stood by her. A bit prideful seeing her be more brave and her bold thoughts.

Well he assumed he might as well get things going. "Hmm, I would like to say this is my exercise. What I do for fun would give you a heart attack! Ha!" He chuckled as he started to approach the pack and with a fierce jolt all of them went scampering forward, snarling and snapping as the lunged and leaped towards the demon Shinobi. Yet at the last few meters they veered off and all of them rushed for the young girl. Yet the demon was quicker, he could see every muscle movement the creatures made. His speed was at the peak of shinobi ability. Grabbing two of the beasts by the tail and swinging them throw the air to launch them back into the shadows. "Nope! You no get to play yet!" He laughed as he stood back and watched to see how she could hand two wolfs. Of course they were malnourished. Hungry and wild.

They seemed weak enough for most shinobi students to handle.(Both wolfs have weak stats,minus some accuracy because their malnourishment and exhaustion, 50 in all stats with only 560-780 HP if we were to say battle standards.) As Satou stood back, he let the demon flow outward. Whispering into the darkness, holding the wolf pack at bay. Even the insane whispers licked in his ears, his eyes blazed like those of the creatures that wished to devour her. His fangs slid out like long pearly white daggers, his nails lengthened like claws. He turned to the darkness, embracing it. Seeing the eyes of predators staring him down. a good twelve he counted, some were rather large. Alpha's, even though. He held them back with his Demonic Aura. It repelled them, they feared this horrid creature before them.

It made him smile, and also Satou smiled. But as he kept the pack away, he was'nt looking at Kahako, but he would hear her thoughts if she needed his aid.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako watched as the animals made a break for Satou. She had been sure that they would try to attack her first, but maybe she had been wrong. However, as they veered sharply and turned the attention towards her, she smirked. They tried to fake her out. ‘Nice try.’ As the four came at her, Kahako was prepared for the off chance that they would overwhelm her. She geared up for the full on attack, planning and calculating her dodges in a split second before they made their attack. Two however never made it to her, as Satou appeared almost out of nowhere, grabbing two by the tail and throwing them back into the woods, leaving her to finish the first wave of creatures.

They lunged. One after another, teeth sharp, mouths open, growls and barks just as loud as they were threatening. Kahako was ready for them though. With ease she jumped over the first one, twisting her body fluidly as she avoided him. The second wolf attempted to make a leap at her in midair. Grabbing the creature by the snout, Kahako used the creature’s force against him, directing the attack safely away from her own body.

As both she and the wolf landed a little ways apart, Kahako charged at the second one without hesitation. She needed to take them out as fast as possible. There were more, and she didn’t want these ones to be around when they got there. The chakra flowed through her body as she leapt in the air and went into a flying kick (dynamic entry) at the creature’s head. Ready for her attack, the wolf jumped out of the way in the last second, leaving Kahako in a self-inflicted crater. Dust and rock flew into the air as if a quiet explosion went off, giving Kahako the advantage of taking a swing at wolf. Catching the creature in the side of its neck with a left hook, Kahako threw a fist with her right downward, slamming its head into the ground with a sickening crunch and silencing the beast for good. (dynamic finish)

The other wolf, however, was on her flank almost immediately after she finished off the first. Taking her down and pinning her with its massive forepaws. Unable to shift her weight, Kahako went down. A shout of pain that was louder than what she usually emitted came from her lips. Teeth sunk into her flesh and she watched her blood trickle down her arm.

It was as if the world slowed down. The creature’s next move would be to rip her arm off. The tendons would tear. She would have one less arm, and a lot more wolves to deal with. She fought the panic down as she thought of her options. She didn’t have enough room to perform a punch that would make the creature release her. The small fact that Satou wouldn’t let her die kept her calm, but the stubbornness within her wouldn’t allow her to accept his help. ‘No! Not this time!’ she thought desperately.

That’s when she felt it. Chakra slowly moved through her body like the water that she found she was so attuned to. Suddenly, like a wave in the ocean, it surged forward, ready and willing to be used. Harnessing the power, Kahako moved her free hand to her trapped one, her fingers still thankfully free to move, though exceedingly painful. Her fingers quick as she knew she could still perform hand seals with a kunai in her hand. “GET OFF OF ME!” she yelled as her chakra formed into water in her hand, creating a large, aquatic fang.

Moving her free hand, Kahako drove her own fang into the wolf’s side. The yelp that came from the creature, louder than the scream she emitted only moments before, was all she needed to know that she hit the creature good and hard. She painfully felt its jaw tighten and slack on her arm. Now was her chance. She shifted her weight, and flipped both of them over, ready to bang its body against the ground, ending the life of the creature as quickly as possible.

She didn’t have to worry, however, as blood of the animal paved the ground. She killed it with her one attack. Slowly standing and taking a couple steps away, she looked at her hands. Her water jutsu had never been that powerful before. And where did that inner reserve of strength come from? She didn’t have long to think about it, as she felt the air around her change.

Looking to Satou, she saw him in his completely changed form. The darkness that surrounded him was… terrifying. Even to her. He was preparing for the next onslaught. Her own blood dripping from her arm, Kahako slipped her hand into the pouch around her waist. She kept a couple of blood pills stashed in a small section of it, learning her lesson from her academy days as to what happens when one is ill prepared. Popping it in her mouth, she bit on it and chewed. It would take a second to take effect, but the blood pouring down her arm would slow enough for her wait a second before she absolutely had to treat her wound. Keeping an eye on the forest, Kahako let the goose bumps roll over her from Satou’s aura.

She had a scary servant indeed.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When a weak innocent herbivore travels through the forest, a doe, lets say. There is always the threat of a predator nearby, a cheetah. But on some occasions the animals meet, happening into one another. The weak creature's body suddenly halts. Frozen with fear in presence and realization of the predator right before its eyes. Yet, the beast would simply pace by. Not even bothering to look, the predator passes on and the herbivore finally lets go of the muscular gripping halt, to run frantically away from the area.

This is what Kahako would feel when his aura's effects reached her. The feeling of fear. That a monster was in her vision. That she would soon see how fearsome his strength was. But something was different, when blood was drawn, her blood. It was in the air, he could smell it. His whole body lite up in a rage of hunger, a fit. The thirst came strongly, this throat tightened, eyes burning as they become bloodshot. His jaw locking in a tight gritting and jarring clench. Breathing was painful, heated and dried. His whole body flexed at once. his arms raised out as if to challenge all before him. His hands gripped slowly into fists, his muscular structure grew slightly. His shirt ripping apart as his muscles torn through the fabric. Lowering his arms, his back flexed into an odd shape.

It was a mark, his muscles formed a face, a face of a demon. Its smile was wide and horrific. As if staring at the girl who looked upon her demon servant. Satou's head turned to look upon her. His eyes completely ruby red. But by turning his attention to her. Two wolves shot past him, aimed for the weaker prey. In hopes of getting past the largest predator in that forest. But Satou would not demonstrate to her what he knew well enough.
His disappeared, completely from notice for but a few seconds, the air was calm. In a few seconds not a single individual would notice he moved until the massive muscular beast was on top of the two just before they reached the girl. He pummeled one into the ground with a single punch, hitting it clear in the spin one would hear its vertebrae snap in half and its body laid dead,limp on the ground. But he needed the body, picking the wolf up he threw the dead carcass at the other creature to knock it away form its assault at Kahako. He was soon upon it, his hand shaped as a spear, jutted forward towards the creatures belly, feeling his sharp fingernails hit the soft flesh, he once again pushed his physical structure to the limit of physical form, his muscles misshapen slightly in bulging mass as his hand cleared through the body of the wolf.

Hefting its body as he stood and flung it towards the direction the pack were sitting in the shadows. The carcass colored the ground red, and then, the rest of them slowly prowled out. a large group, followed by a massive wolf. The Alpha male. At the beast snarled so loudly, both the demon and the girl felt it in their chests. Yet, there was something even louder then that. Laughter, the laugh of the Demon who stepped forward to face the small horde.

MFT

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
No amount of bravery could have steeled Kahako’s heart against what she watched before her. Terror was all she felt as Satou defeated—no slaughtered—the wolves that went for her. She wanted to run, but the adrenaline that suddenly coursed through her veins did nothing but seize up the muscles in her legs. It was natural. It was instinct. And it was taking longer that it should have for her logic to kick back in and reminder her that this was still Satou, even if it was a terrifying, chaotic Satou.

But time was not on her side, as more, maybe even the rest, of the pack finally caught up to them. “Dear Raiden…” She whispered as she saw the alpha among the rest. He towered over her. Maybe even over Satou. The snarl messed with the beating of her heart (or was that her heart skipping in fear from Satou’s conjoined laughter?). The pack eyed them both, each as starved as the next for a meal. She should have healed when she had the chance. She wouldn’t have the time now. Quickly, Kahako formed hand seals for the water jutsu she knew. It was time for some crowd control, and once again, Kahako felt a surge of power come from within her for the water jutsu she was to perform. She breathed deeply.

The air dampened as the shadows darkened around Satou. A mist came from her mouth, pressurized and much larger than it had ever been before. It expanded across the field upon both Satou and the pack before her. Instantly, upon contact, two of the smaller wolves yelped in pain. The small droplets slashing them with quick precision and speed taking flesh and leaving blood in its wake. It didn’t stop there. Water pressure encased the entire field, leaving the wolves around them to either be struck by the bleeding rain, or flee from it. The force was uncontrollable.

Satou would have to either take the brunt of Kahako’s attack, or dodge it himself as some of the starved creatures had done. Should he be hit by it, it would have felt like thousands of jagged razors across his flesh. Ripping at him as they flowed past onto the creatures ahead of him. It even reached the alpha, but Kahako didn’t give time to check to see if the creature got out of the way in time. Pulling from her side, Kahako let two kunai free at two more of the smaller wolves. One hit the creature in the side as the other flew past the second. Her aim wasn’t the best, but her goal was accomplished. She weakened the lot of them. Some were injured a lot, others a little, giving Satou full reign to wreak havoc like he had before. Which was needed, as her wet and bloody stunt directed their attention from the demon to the little girl that hurt many of them in one swoop. Her heart thudded with fear from Satou and adrenaline from the battle. Instinct was telling her to run, but she knew she couldn't do that. Not when she told Satou she would stay. And wanted to prove to him that she could fight.

[MFT 498+ words]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was proud of her. She was strong, he tell from her complete decision to ignore his safety. It was so difficult not to smile from it. To laugh about it as he stepped forward still. Enjoying the shrill feel of the water cutting his flesh. Almost a masochistic joy. His arms spread out wild, laying back into the wave of pain as he could feel every single slice across his tensed skin. As it passed him and traveled on he stood there, watching the water move about and the attack doing its job rather nicely. It scattered the group, wounding and disorienting. But as the demon stood before them. The Alpha didn't even budge. It bled though, it was somewhat wounded.

But the two beasts would need much more damage to even show strain. Satou shaking off what blood he shed, licking his fingers of it, grinning ever so sickly. The wolves were wounded, but not out completely. What few that ran past the demon aimed for the little shinobi a bit behind him would immediately be sent flying through the air rag dolling along the ground till they stopped and got up. Damaging them even more to an almost crippled state. They would be a more easier target for her. Not completely outdoing her damage but giving her just enough edge to fight with ease. "Fear is how you shape it. Fear is a cage, if it holds you for too long. You'll simply be trapped in it." He sighed, a bellowing white escaped his lips. It was now him and the Alpha. Both staring one another down. The wolf snarling, the demon laughing. Both tensed In a fierce display of form. The wolf crouched low, its hammering growl shook the ground.

The demon, his hands wide apart in the air as he stood in a massive X formation. As if almost mockingly, but it was his fighting stance. If anything came within his arms grasp, it would be torn asunder. The vibrant pressure was almost threateningly hitting Kahako. That feeling to run had to be lessened, she needed to focus on her foes, not Satou's. If she lost focus, she would end up in the worst shape of her life, or worse.

Who was to make the first move, Satou was always patiently waiting for the attack, but sometimes he prefers not to be bored to death. He flickered, shadows stepping to the side of the beast, delivering a whirling roundhouse to it's jaw, sending the massive beast up off the ground, it's feet in the air as it flew into nearby tree. Bouncing on one foot for a few seconds, feeling his entire body weight. Getting the right motion of things, inertia and all that crap.

The wolf was rather sturdy as the blow barely scathed it. Rebounding and rolling off the tree that crumbled like a twig branch. It lunge, or rather bolted forward like a massive blur of fur, claws and a big ass maw full of blade like teeth. It was such a beautiful sight. The demon gave the big doggy a hug. And took the massive ton barreling him down through several trees and send him rag dolling through two more.

For a moment, the giant beast was'nt without drawback, it lumbered, breathing harsher as it kept balancing on one frontal paw over the other. Yet, it stayed staring where the demon fell. Soon it's hairs raised on end, going back to its killing stance as it emanated its repeated grow from before.

Black Chakra was seeping from the wreckage where the demon laid, it's rage boiling. Fear become tangible, the darkness surrounded them. The Demon slowly arose, it's blackened aura had consumed Satou, his eyes a blind furious red of hunger. He moved even faster then before, it looked like a wrecking ball took the massive beast and sundered it across the ground, his fist bursting through flesh fur and bone, it violently struggled, yelping and crying out in pain as Satou's hands tore through the beast, piece by piece. It was a horrid display of brutal combat.

The massive Alpha wolf bite and tore into the demon, yet Satou couldn't care. "Try and devour me, get a taste of this creature, that is going to end your life!" He cried out as he shoved his right arm into it's mouth, ripping out one of its teeth. It reared back hollering, twisting as he rolled away bloodied and torn. Satou was just as banged, cut up and really bleeding quite a bit. Yet still he was not wincing or rolling in pain, he stood tall. Smiling madly as he gripped the tooth in his hands. "Oh don't worry, i'ma give this back... one sec." He turned to look to see how the Master was faring.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“A cage…” It was a whisper that crossed her lips as she avoided the staggered leap of one of the small, bleeding creatures that was left of the pack. All creatures could feel fear. The fear of death, the fear of defeat. “It is a cage,” she said again while running. She performed a forward roll to avoid the second one to leap at her. The mud on the ground attached to her cloak, hampering the bright red color. “It is a product of thoughts one creates.” She leaped into the air, the third missed its attack by a long shot. The fourth, slower than the others, jumped at her, jaws open, ready to slow her long enough for the rest to take her down. She looked at the creature as she fell to the earth and quickly performed her hand seals.

She was in control of it this time. One again, a powerful shot of water sprang from her mouth and hit it square in the snout, flipping it and forcing it back on the ground. There was a sickening sound as the body landed, but Kahako wasn’t done there. Chakra flowed through her system. Adrenaline coursed through her veins. The thrill of winning only focused her more. The impact of her heel against the stomach of the creature was more than necessary, but it felt like she was squashing away the rest of her fear. It felt… amazing. Bone, flesh, and ground gave way under her foot, and her boots were now covered in mud and blood. A small smile, almost unnoticeable smile, rose to her face at her small victory. She shifted her shoe ever so slightly as if to rub it in.

But the battle was far from over. Her eyes were alight as she locked them with Satou’s red, the fear in them gone even from the man before her. His condition, however, did worry her. Her small smile fell and she ran towards him. The cuts and slashes he had were making him bleed out way too quickly. Her repertoire of medical jutsu wasn’t large enough for her to heal him in the fast enough. They would be jumped by the remaining wolves before she could even close the first slice. No, he needed something that would heal him fast. A quick patch up until they were done.

The rush she got when she used her water jutsu surged through her again. As if knowing it would be needed. It was an odd feeling, but Kahako formed her hand seals for her aqua fang. Her fang felt different to her this time. “Trust me!” She yelled to Satou, as she aimed to spear him. To anyone looking onward, it would look like Kahako was about to make a demon shish kabob. But if Satou allowed it to hit him, instead of the slicing pain her previous water jutsu had, he would feel the water passing through him. A luke warm feeling would morph around his body. The water jutsu healing the cuts and gashes faster than any normal medical jutsu could. Kahako landed a little past Satou. With her own eyes, she watched his body begin to mend. But her relief was short-lived as the young mednin realized her mistake. She was much too close to the giant wolf than she ever wanted to be.

Danger, however, is very real, but fear is a choice.
Okay, so here’s a rundown of what Kahako just did:
~avoided the attacks of the other wolves (random number generator in my favor)
~water gun on one, and then a dynamic entry to finish it off(if a modded battle, then it would be 2.25 AP)
~Aqua Fang Jutsu on Satou with the water adept ability healing waters (1.50 AP)
~If the giant wolf goes for the girl, I’ll let you decide if Kahako is hit or not. Her agility is 175 if this were modded.

[MFT 571]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was more then interesting to watch her work. She had improved greatly since the day he met her, he felt that tinge of sadness. He had lost some valuable time with her, time he should of spent helping her improve. But now that he was free, he could do what is right for her. In his lapse of inner thoughts clouding him. He didn't take notice till the water hit him full force. But instead of pain it felt like someone taking a really big bucket of warm water, hitting you to wake up. Almost like a surprising jolt he came to realize what happened and turning to see his young master staring down the demons prey.

Though now the beast was rather upset. And for good reason as Satou was still holding the beasts tooth in his hand. When realizing this he immediately leaped to her aid. Using sweeping kick to switch placed with her before the beasts massive maw chomp down upon Kahako. As he spun about he rammed the massive tooth into the beasts mouth, stabbing it through the roof of its mouth. Then yanking his arm back, cocked it, charged it. Then Falcon punched the tooth clean into its skull. The beast barely made a cry as the tooth rammed in deeply, its body jerking violently as it falls to the ground dead. Satou's arm was torn badly from jerking it from the maw but he was'nt worried.

His exhaustion was catching up, falling to his knee's, breathing heavily as he sits down to rest. "Phew! That was fun!" He exclaimed while laughing a bit. He needed to lay down. Whatever forces were left scattered when the leader died. Now there was nothing but silence, blood and the corpses of wolves. "Once I catch my breath a bit, I'll make a fire, we skin for pelts or what hide we can get. then I'll see if I can't cook up some wolf meat. So their not going to waste, we'll leave the other carcasses and organs to the wilds." He sighed when looking over to Kahako. "You did really good. Keep it up and you'll go pretty far. Did you enjoy this little bout?" He asked. Trying his best to ignore his real hunger.

(MFT)

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Staring into the mouth of a monster seemed to be a reoccurring theme in Kahako’s life. She began mentally kicking herself as the wolf came down upon her, throwing up a sloppy defensive stance that really wouldn’t have helped at all, and waited for her end to come. However, instead of the sharp chomp she was expecting, Kahako felt a strong hard kick to the stomach as she was thrown back. The force tossed her a few feet away, along with knocking the wind out of her. Barely able to maintain her balance, she slid the last few feet away crouched to the ground; her hand on her stomach as she tried to regain her breath.

She heard the quick yip of the large beast, and looked up just in time to see Satou land and the wolf fall to the side dead. The remaining wolves, obviously knowing that this battle was way out of their league, turned tail and ran. The field was silent for a few long moments. Kahako couldn’t believe it. They won. Breathing hard, she looked at her hands. Her gloves were covered with blood, her sleeve torn. She smiled triumphantly. She won.

The light thud in front of her and the laughing comment from Satou brought Kahako back from her inner thoughts. “Satou-san!” Kahako said worriedly as she rushed up to him. Grabbing lightly onto his shoulder, she gave a soft push to his shoulder, urging him to lie down. “Allow me to heal you, Satou-san. I am a mednin now. I don’t think I have a lot of chakra left, but I can at least stop the bleeding long enough to get you to a hospital.” Once he was firmly on the ground, she performed the appropriate hand seals for her medical jutsu and began on his arm first. Surprisingly, she felt a lot of her chakra reserves still intact, which was odd from the amount of jutsu she just used. “Actually, I think I can heal you completely. So a hospital might not be necessary.” She gave a cheeky smile down at him. “Though… I still question your idea of ‘fun,’ Satou-san. I'd hate to see what you'd consider as 'dangerous.'”

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The air felt pleasant. It was calm, quiet. All be it for the voice of his young master tending to the wounded demonic man. Her return to him was quick, he heard every footstep, every hot breath from her lips that stained the air with white haze. His own breathing was a bit rugged, but more so he calmed down rather quickly. Though inside he could still feel it, the beast churning, quelling an awful urge to kill and feed a sickening appetite for the blood of humankind. His eyes turned but for a moment, a sharp violent red when staring upon the child. She became his meal for but a moment, till his head cocked around to look away. Heavy breathing slowing down to a crawled gasp her and there. Exhales along with inhaling the clear forest air. "Well, I should be fine shortly Master." He looked about before turning his attention to her healing hands upon his arm. Removing her hands from his arm, still wound he showed her that the skin was slowly growing back on its own, he even stopped bleeding.

"The reason why I'm reckless, is because I'm rather difficult to kill. Someday, you'll be such a troublesome creature like myself. Fighting giant wolves will be the least of you're worries, that I am sure. But for now. Lets celebrate. I'm hungry." He grinned, his fangs sliding back as common pointy canines. His limbs regenerated enough. His bones were stills tiff though. "Gonna feel it in the morning..."He waved his hand a corpse of one of the dead wolf's came hurtling towards him. right to his hand he pulled it from the air and laid it before her. "You ever stripped an animal of its fur for a pelt young Merchant Master?" His smile was cocky as always. He had that air about him. The attitude needed to change sometime. He felt too grim as of late.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[I AM SO SORRY. Q,Q]

She would be lying if she didn’t admit that she felt a little disappointed that he turned down her healing. Her borderline obsession with helping people called her to makes his wounds go away, even if she was watching him heal before her very eyes. But she let it go. She looked around the now calm battlefield. Mud, blood, and dead wolf bodies. "I understand that, Satou-san, but... at least exercise some form of caution, please." She smiled at him. Trying to get across what she wanted to say while trying to keep the conversation light. "I met you on death's door, and I really don't want to say my farewells there." She stretched as she watched him get up. "I would be interested in something to eat as well. Though, I think I saw a food stand while on my way here." However, apparently the though of food left Satou's mind as he grabbed a carcass and hauled it over to her.

She looked to the dead wolf before her. “No,” she admitted honestly, “but how different could it be from surgically removing hyuuga eyes behind enemy lines? Ah!” She said suddenly flustered, “Granted, I haven’t DONE it yet, but we have been trained for such occasions at the hospital. I don’t just walk around taking out people’s eyes. That would just be weird.” She said flustered. It felt like she was digging herself further into the hole with her words. It took a second before what Satou actually called her popped into her mind. She gave a small pout in his direction. “I am no longer a merchant, Satou-san. ” She threw her life as a merchant away, and even if she still had the knowledge she was taught, she didn’t want to be defined by it.

Kneeling before the dead wolf, she pulled out her kunai. However, the anatomy of an animal was far different from the anatomy of a human. Maybe if she separated the skin from the muscle? But that required her to cut into the pelt. Wouldn’t that ruin the pelt? And they weren’t going after its eyes. What if she started at the snout?, but there wasn't enough skin there to separate, really. She poked the dead body with her metal stick. “So… HOW to you skin a wolf exactly?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Caution is wasted with those who fear death." He sits upon the ground after bringing the dead carcass of the wolf, looking like an ogre amongst men. he look warn down, he forgot how long he spent here. Wallowing in dirt, feeling the earth beneath him instead of cold concrete flooring for two strait years. His deep breaths of air seemed somewhat like he was enjoying what time he had. That fresh air felt new again.

The dead wolf on his lap, he listened to the girl for a moment. A smirk on his lips. He seemed so calmed yet the ferocity in his eyes would never leave him. He petted the dead beast on his lap as if a house pet as he leaned on a propped free hand. After listening to the long winded speech, she seemed rather interested in learning. The demon smiled ever so evil of a smile. One that seemed childishly delighted she asked. "Alright then, we start by a thin incision from the genitalia up to the neck, we'll also wish to slice open the legs behind the knees. We're going to be peeling the hide from the flesh, the depth of it has to be shallow enough so that we don't bust open the stomach and spoil the meat." He sliced slowly up the wolfs stomach with his own paring knife.

"If you mess up on the first try, don't be discouraged. We have many patients." He gestured to all the corpses of dead predators...then to the biggest one. "We're gonna both tackle him later."

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako smiled. “All I need is one good example,” she said with confidence as she watched him begin to work on the wolf’s flesh. If there was one thing she was quite confident in, it was the steadiness of her hand. Watching Satou work on his own creature was fascinating. There were many parts of the wolf that was similar to the human body, but Kahako could easily pick out the countless differences. For the first few minutes, her eyes never strayed from what Satou’s hands were doing. From slicing the skin and muscle to peeling the fur away from the body, Kahako analyzed every detail and movement that was made as if she were back in the hospital learning a new form of surgery. It was only after she felt confident enough to start on her own wolf did Kahako look at Satou’s face.

She watched his face as he focused on his work. He seemed happy, in his element even where she felt awkward and unsure. This was his world, the wilds his home. She grew up in civilization. In the safety of towns and villages and stories of shinobi who would protect her until she was able to protect herself. If everything she knew what there, in security and order, how could she even begin to understand a man who felt at home here in the wilds? Their very disagreement on danger and death proved her very issue.

She stood and started towards the closest wolf. Picking up the creature with both hands, she carried it back to where he was sitting. ‘Will I ever begin to truly understand him?’ she wondered as she took her own kunai and did exactly as Satou showed her moments before. She glanced back at his work, and at his face, making sure she copies his movements. She would most certainly try. Mystery excited Kahako, and Satou was a large psychological mystery that she wanted to unravel with her own hands.

“Satou-san,” she asked as she made more incisions. “Have you lived off the wilds before? I mean, before these past few days.” She remembered the story of his birth. How could she forget? Every moment of their first night together came to her as clear as the moment she currently lived in, and as she grew older she didn’t forget their contract. Another silent question that Satou kept withholding from her. Another mystery she wanted to solve.

But beyond his origins, the strange languages he would speak from time to time, and his love for fighting; she really didn’t know anything about her… servant Satou. “I wonder because you seem so at home here…” she gestured in the general area with her kunai, “in the forest.”

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In this element, of the air was clear, sharp at his nostrils the smell of dirt and blood. Yes, you could say this was home for him. The wilds breathed life into him, he felt the inner workings of a predators mind when out here. Just rummaging to himself. In a way he himself was still more animal then human. His burning eyes upon her, but his smile was warm when watching her working. He felt a sort of joy in teaching. In the back of his throat he held a breath when thinking of his past self. The memories of his wife, his child. But burying those memories got easier with age, his vision veered to his work. Work like this took his mind off thinking too heavily in old wounds.

His hand worked slowly, carefully, like a fine art to cut just enough and tug way while cutting slowly through the layers of fur and flesh, too deep near the sternum he would find nothing but entrails spilling out over the fur which was of value. So with what came naturally he would take pauses to look about, sniffing bout the air for a moment. Of course he minded the girl, paying attention to her work, seeing her progress. She will be good at this in no time...
He turned back to his own to continue. He spoke in a natural tone while cutting. "Before I came here, I used to be a woodsmen, I'd hunt in the wilds for days, Living in cabins I made by hand, everything I owned I shaped with these hands...." He stopped cutting, looking at his hand that held the kunai, his skin dried and cracked, scarred here and there. He was always moving so it was harder to notice to some of the wounds all over his body. His skin mapped his past. His body experienced. He then went back to cutting, almost in a rhythm, he could lose focus to look away and still know how deep, how slow or fast, but this was always a slow process.

"I studied Shinobi arts rather late into my life. But I found my way, more physically then with elements..." He sighed looking up at the night sky. "I still like going out, hunting wolves, rabbits, and sometimes if i'm lucky." He grinned a rather silly look. "Mountain Goats." He then made a goats call at her and playfully kicked some dirt by her feet while laughing a bit. His form was indeed relaxed. More playful and childish, he had to loosen up once in awhile. If his hands tightened around the knife, too much tension on focus could lead to too deep a cut. "Don't worry about mistakes, just have a breather if you get a bit nervous."

He himself didn't continuously cut, once most of it was away from the stomach, he had time to stop and relax. The harder parts of the body were almost simple enough to just ripe a bit while carving away at.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako laughed as Satou threw dirt at her feet. "Hey! You'll get dirt in my meat!" She said, playfully sticking her tongue out at him. She relaxed a little more herself. "Every one says fear the wolves, but I guess they pale in comparison to those murderous mountain goats." she responded with an equal smile and exaggerated voice. As she moved back to what she was doing with her wolf carcass, she wondered when the last time was that she was able to act so childish. Her smile calmed as she remembered. It was when her family was still a family. When her father would throw her up in the air and she would squeal happily before being gathered into a warm hug.

She gave a small chuckle before standing before her finished carcass and looking at Satou's taking his merry time with his own. He probably would never toss her in the air, but Satou was teaching Kahako to survive, even she realized that. And appreciated it. 'We live in a messed up world indeed when a completely crazed, half-demon ninja is a better father figure than a normal man,' she thought to herself before smiling at him again. "Come on, Satou-san. I don't want to wait all day for the taste of wolf meat. I've never had it before, and I'm hungry!"

She would spend the rest of her afternoon enjoying it with Satou and skinning the rest of the animals around them; learning more about the anatomy of wolves while doing so.

[Topic left, MFT 255 words, will PM you]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The day was waning and he knew the girl would soon be impatient enough, maybe even excited to work on her first caught meal. He laughed at her playfulness. A sharp pain in the back of his mind flared when he thought of hearing a similar childish laughter, a bright smile. He wanted to let the tears shed from his eyes. But he had cried to much back then, not many tears left for the demon to shed at this point. And this warmth of a peaceful little sit like this, why should he mope about the past? No, he stayed his calm, cheered self before her. "Oh, You have no idea! I swear, getting a headbutt from a mountain goat hurts! Especially when paused off the mountain!" He chuckled, remembering when he cornered a goat once on a precipice, only few seconds later being shoved off the cliff abruptly.

He finished his carving and had cut off good chunks of meat. Pulling out from his traveling backpack some long sheets of leather as he wrapped the meat in and helped her cut off sections of her carcass. "Oh, it is most excellent. It's tough but it'll soften if I got some red wine to cook with it." He stood and stretched his body a bit as he put the wrapped soon to be supper in his bag and heft it over his shoulder. Then bent down and picked her up. Lifting her with but one arm and placed her neatly on his broad muscular shoulder. "Up you go! I'll carry you since you're probably exhausted." He smiled up at her as he started off back into the streets. The snow falling ever so gently overhead.

(topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back