Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Chance Meeting, Tea, and Food! Welcome! [Open]

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ataeru was always simple in terms of things that he wanted. To put it simply he never once made a means for it to be difficult to get to him. Down in the plaza where people seemed to be the most active Ataeru sat at a table. The air was crisp as it usually was and the smell of food around the multiple market vendors was started to make his stomach groan. There was a sign next to his table that simple read as, “Looking for Company! Please Sit! Free Food and Tea!” He was straight forward. He simply wanted to meet someone after the long haul of not being in the village.

His appearance however was a bit off. Going for his casual clothing he sat with his usual grey turtle neck and loose fitting pants. This contrasted with his wooden sandals that he loved so much. Put this together with a deep blue scarf and pink sun glasses and he was a fashion disaster. Maybe this was intentional or maybe he was idiot who really knew other than the man before them.

Ataeru looked out in the crowd watching his small pinkish red fox running around playing with some of the younger children as their parents tried to get work done. The little fox had such a soft spot for children it had led to some rather troublesome situations a few years back during a few missions but over all she had proven to be a wonderful Fox Summon.

Sipping on his tea in a vain attempt to hold off the feeling of hunger he decided to people watch or more accurately people scan. Alternating between that and reading the newspaper about the candidates he really hoped that someone would stop by soon and have a mid-day meals with him. So much he needed to know and so many people that he needed to reconnect with. He needed to visit the main building and check to see who had made it into the full shinobi world from his students and who had not in fact made it. He hoped Shin had been the only one but he would be foolish to believe that no one else had also not made it along the way.

He gave a smile though after sipping his tea again. If nothing else he needed to be positive for this fresh start and no one brewed tea like the small vendors here. He missed it greatly. He waved his hand and pointed to his cup which the vendor nodded and grinned. At least this man was still here brewing tea. He remembered apprenticing under this man learning how to brew tea as a child and with that Ataeru got lost in his memories.

[Topic Entered]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kichida Yoko

Yoko trotted down the paved path, rubbing her arms as she went. The cold still bothered her, and it didn't help that her chosen outfit was a mini dress. Her thigh-length hair swayed back and forth, grazing her skin with each swipe. Eventually she came upon the plaza, and her movement slowed. She scanned the food vendors, hoping to find something good to eat. The sound of giggling kids brought her attention forward, where a fox was prancing around. The creature caused memories to flood back to the young woman. Memories of living with Itonami-sensei and Roze. In fact, the fox looked almost identical to Yoko's previous roommate. The wave of nostalgia that passed over Yoko caused her heart to ache, and she lightly clenched her chest. She pulled her gaze away from the fox, as the Chuunin didn't want to start crying. She missed them so terribly. However, as her eyes moved to the left, they fell upon a sign. Continuing, they met with a white-haired man in odd apparel. Yoko's eyes brightened, and she ran to his table. She pounced, her arms wrapping around the man's neck as she embraced him. However, her expression fell as she felt the warm liquid of the man's tea spreading over her torso. "Oops." Yoko's eyes closed as she concentrated her chakra.

In a flash, Yoko was standing again before the fox summon playing in the plaza. What happened previously might seem like a dream to Ataeru, though he was probably intelligent enough to recognize what truly happened. Time manipulation. Being mentally prepared to see her old sensei again, Yoko approached him more calmly. She smiled and crossed her arms. "Considering you've been gone so long that you're probably poorer than an academy student, you might want to rethink your offer to feed any and every person who comes along." Yoko nodded to herself. Yes, this is a far better way to reunite with Itonami-sensei. She took a seat at his table, crossing her legs and placing her hands daintily in her lap. "I believe story time is in order Itonami-sensei." Though she was trying to contain her excitement, Yoko's eyes gleamed with anticipation. Surely he would have some amazing tales to tell.

[Topic Entered with iNPC]

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Itonami sipped his tea only to have someone run up and hug him. Noticing the woman before him he was a little bit confused only to have a flash back to when he had a house full of children and the small girl who had large opinions. Ataeru had accidentally lost his tea in the trade of being hugged only to find himself back to before he was hugged. Ataeru blinked once in confusion only looking to his right where she had hugged him previously he noticed that the woman before him was in fact Kichida Yoko. Part pride part sadness crossed his chest near his heart. He had missed all of his “Children” but in the end left them to fend for themselves after their Genin years to become something of themselves.

Yoko started by making a comment about his income which caused him to laugh. “Money is only as useful as the person sees it as needed. No matter my financial income, which you would be surprised what a wandering doctor can make; getting the chance to meet someone new always has great rewards.” She mentioned how it was story time and as such Ataeru stood up, walked around the table and held her. He held her for a good time and simply whispered, “You’ve become a strong beautiful woman and I could not have asked for anything more that you are alive and happy.”

With that Ataeru let go and grabbed his tea only to spill it on his outer Jacket. He then looked annoyed and took off his top so as to only be in a white T-shirt instead. Yoko was probably horrifically confused and then he mentioned, “Alternate realty issues where since it did not happen to you it incidentally happened to me. No matter what timeline my tea was doomed from the start.” Ataeru grinned at her devilishly and then continued, “That and no matter what backward or forwards shenanigans you perform…” Ataeru touched the top of his head… “You cannot hide your emotions from me; for emotions of the soul withstand the test of time.”

Enough being philosophical though Ataeru poured tea for himself and Yoko, going for a more orange cinnamon spice to warm up from the usual cold and then snapped his fingers where a man brought out some basic sweets to go with the tea. The snap was what did it though. Within a second of that Yoko would find herself in the embrace and snuggle of a half human half furry creature. Her large pinkish red tail wrapping around the chair. “Ohh…my little Kit is all grown up. You were my favorite Yoko I missed you far too much and Itonami-sama is such a jerk for not allowing me to visit. Oh, my pup is so beautiful now!”

Itonami smiled and watched as Yoko probably was snuggled to death. Itonami did nothing to stop her merely sipping his tea and enjoying the view.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoko smiled at her sensei's response to money. She forgot he was a doctor, as she knew him more as a researcher and teacher. When he pulled the chunin into an embrace, the young woman smiled. Memories of her teenage years floated through her mind, and she tenderly returned the man's hug. His comment caught her off guard, and she blushed in response. Despite being in her twenties, and married, Yoko still considered herself a child. "I'm glad you're alive too."

Once Ataeru's arms withdrew from his pupil, he ended up dumping tea on himself. Yoko frowned, recalling the earlier scene that 'didn't happen.' Before she could turn back time again, in hopes of saving her sensei's jacket, he explained that some things could not be avoided, no matter how much one attempts to mess with time. Yoko's eyes fell momentarily as Ataeru's words evoked an image from three years ago. The sight of Kazuhiko being harmed over and over, protecting Yoko despite her temporal protests, was burned into her memory. The rest of Itonami's words brought the chunin out of her slump, as they reminded her that Ataeru could sense emotions. She instead brought her excitement back to the forefront of her mind, to help put her sensei at ease.

He poured tea for the two, and she thanked him. The cinnamon caused her jaw to twinge as the spiced liquid reached her taste buds. Ataeru snapped his fingers, and that alone somehow signaled to the waiter to bring sweets. Yoko eagerly eyed the treats before her view was obstructed. The chunin's face was pulled into the bosom of Roze, her past roommate and friend. The fox woman's hold was tight, and Yoko was beginning to have a hard time breathing. She was able to mumble an 'I missed you too' before her arms began to flail lightly. Finally Yoko was released, and she lightly gasped for breathe. Once she recovered, she smiled happily at Roze. I'm glad some things don't change.

The thought of change reminded Yoko that Ataeru and Roze were uninformed about Yoko and Kazuhiko marital status. Her sensei didn't even need his empathetic abilities to know that the brunette was troubled. Should I tell him? Would Kazu want to break the news? What would Itonami-sensei think? What would he say? Would he want details? Oh gosh...I don't think I could tell him the details. A blush rose to Yoko's cheeks as she stared blankly at her tea. Yoko hoped someone would swoop in to rescue her before Ataeru could have a chance to interrogate the embarrassed woman.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
KazuhikoProfile_zps42279143.jpg

Kichida Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko warped into the plaza looking for Yoko. He had got off from his desk job in the Torre early, and had been hoping to catch her at home for lunch. Seeing as she was out, Kazuhiko had immediately warped to the food vendor area in the Dawnbringer's Plaza. He hadn't spent long searching when he noticed the overly affectionate foxgirl snuggling Yoko. That's my Yoko, hands off! was the first thought that rolled through Kazuhiko's mind. But he restrained himself. He regarded the situation as a whole. Fox entity who's close enough to Yoko to breach personal space boundaries, sign offering an outrageously good deal for a meal, long-haired man sipping tea. If he was shirtless, I'd say he was Itonami-sensei. Kazuhiko remembered the weird quirks of his former teacher and master. He had been keeping Itonami's hidden laboratory clean and organized since the man had mysteriously vanished, partly out of habit, and partly because he knew that his old master would return eventually. There were a lot of memories there, most involving swords and crystalline draconian constructs trying to kill him, in a good way of course.

Then the foxgirl spoke, confirming her identity as Roze, Itonami Ataeru's contract familiar. Which left no doubt in Kazuhiko's mind that this man was in fact, his highly eccentric master. He walked toward the table, giving Yoko a wave as he approached. He had learned the hard way about warping suddenly next to her, it usually ended with a sudden punch, and then Kazuhiko wondering if he had actually been hit. "Yoko! I got out early today, mind if I join you for lunch? And sensei, I almost didn't recognize you with a shirt on." He bowed slightly to him as he spoke, showing respect with his actions rather than his words. Ataeru would likely sense curiosity, mild frustration, relief, and apprehension from Kazuhiko among other things.

{Topic Joined w/ INPC}

Yen
ASP
Deaths
KaiKai had made his way to the Susukino Districts Dawn Plaza in search of his old Sensei Ataeru. He had heard from several people that the Odd man had been about the area, looking for food and tea. KaiKai had not seen his master in a little over six years, and after his chilling meeting with the ANBU sennin, KaiKai could use a little nostalgia.

KaiKai remained within his puppet look alike while he searched, he was often wary of things going on in the village and his puppet looked identical to him anyhow so why bother showing himself? He could use jutsu to track down Ataeru, but KaiKai was actually enjoying his stroll around the plaza. He bought a few tools he thought he could use in his projects while he walked, eyeing a few others as he passed.

While KaiKai was looking at a particular item he heard a familiar sound he had not heard in a very long time, sort of a “Bloomp” Kind of noise. KaiKai turned, his eye brows raised and saw what looked like Kazuhiko. He looked so much more… Mature? Older that was for sure. KaiKai went to wave him over, but in the same fashion that he appeared Kazuhiko “Bloomped” away again. KaiKai’s hand fell and he proceeded unworried on his little search. Wherever Kazuhiko was headed, he was sure to find Ataeru there as well.

Strolling for a few more minutes KaiKai eventually spotted Kazuhiko and his trademark hair standing next to Yoko who was being roughly cuddled by a Fox spirit. KaiKai smiled, some things never changed. Walking up to the group KaiKai finally noticed his sensei, and wearing a shirt no less! KaiKai was impressed.

“Looks like I came about at just the right time!” KaiKai said as cheerfully as he could manage. It was hard to gage these things now that he was a puppet, but he figured he did well enough.

KaiKai imagined that if he still had tear ducts, he would be straining against them. It was strange the amount of relief he felt from seeing them all together alive and well, things had gone so badly it was good that not everything was gone.

[Topic Entered]

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Trouble brewed within the hearts of all shinobi. This was something that he knew very well especially with his unique gifts. When he spoke he knew better than to feel what everyone around him felt but it was also not a thing he ever turned off. He could sense the good and the bad from his students and he always let his students know his abilities so as to give them a fair chance. Yoko was doing this now as something quite traumatic passed over not only her face but her mind. Ataeru would not question the girl. If she really needed help about it then she would have told him. Ataeru never pried…his emotional gift was enough of a pry into the lives of those he loved.

It was not until Kazuhiko showed up that Ataeru grinned like a madman finding his prey. He stood up and noticed that Yoko and Kazuhiko still spent time together. That was not the important part though. Kazuhiko was far too formal with his old sensei. Ataeru grabbed Kazuhiko’s hand and shook it once but then pulled him into an embrace as well. Letting him go again he chuckled to himself and just looked at the boy. “God’s be praised do I feel old looking at the two of you. I’m nearly in my forties and everyone who was small now could run me through the ringer. Kazuhiko you’re quite the handsome young man and if I know you…you are sharp as a knife as always.”

Pride pushed through him as his primary emotion that his multi-colored hair turned into a bright red. A grin was seen on his face so profoundly that he would embarrass the two of them. He really felt like an old man. It was then that a third member of their group came forward. Ataeru’s heart was about to break from joy. Ataeru strolled over the boy and once again did what he did with Kazuhiko. The difference was the feeling. There was not even a second of a pause that would cause a break. Ataeru let go and put his hands on the man’s shoulder. He still smiled at him. Ataeru knew not what had happened or who knew but he could feel and emotionally sense the difference; despite this Ataeru could only say, “I have traveled a great deal and many a time I thought about the things you would have loved to see. You who share my unique view of the world. It is great to have Ouja Kaikai by my side again.”

Ataeru patted him on the back and brushed a tear from his face as he came back to them. He saw Roze and nearly lost himself as well. Tears were falling down the Fox girls face. They were happiness tears and she just shook her head. Words could not say how truly happy they were.

He looked at his students once more and thought about the minor aspects of himself within them but more importantly how they themselves have grown from the water of his nurturing. More than the fact they had qualities of him. They are shining brightly as themselves. That was a teacher’s real pride. Seeing them in their greatness because of everything they put into life.

Ataeru got down onto his knees before the group. He lowered his head to the floor. Completely below and simply said, “Thank you…thank you so much my students…my family…my…” Ataeru could not actually speak another word coughing a bit on laughs and his tears. His hair turning a blondish white of pure joy. There were not words for this. Only the fact that he was so grateful to know them from before…and to see their greatness now.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoko laughed at Kazuhiko's entering joke. "Guess you can't catch a break today Sensei." Ataeru shook hands with Yoko's husband before pulling the young man into a hug. Yoko blushed lightly as an odd wave of nostalgia washed over her. Something about this scene seemed strangely familiar. Shaking her head, as that seemed unlikely, Yoko listened quietly to her sensei. "Give yourself some credit sensei! Kazu's been slackin' since you've been gone. I think another round of Itonami-sensei's Famous Deadly Training is in order!" Yoko rose from her chair and playfully poked Kazuhiko in the cheek. She smiled to Ataeru and caught the goofy grin plastered on his face, along with his newly changed red hair. Yoko crossed her arms. "I don't know what's worse, you with that silly smile, or you walking around shirtless in a snowy mountain village. I guess I should just be glad that both aren't occuring."

Hearing a familiar voice, Yoko turned her attention to the young man approaching. Yoko instinctively jumped behind Kazuhiko with a squeak. "K-k-kai-K-kai!" In spite of herself, Yoko was freaked out by his extra appendages. Despite her years of ninja training, the woman was still afraid of spiders, and of spider people. However, she was able to recover, minus a bit of her dignity, and she pulled herself away from her partner. Ataeru approached the male brunette and gave him a similar mini speech as Kazuhiko. Now Yoko was the one with the goofy grin as their reunion came full circle. She noticed her sensei's face as he looked at Roze, and Yoko dared to take a peek herself. Tears were pouring down the fox woman's face, and Yoko hugged her in response. Despite Yoko's body maturing, she was still as short as she was all those years ago.

Ataeru got down on his knees and bowed deeply to his students, so much so that his head touched the ground. Releasing Roze, Yoko firmly placed her hands on her hips, doing everything in her power not to cry herself. Her voice wavered, but she did her best to keep a smile. "Come on now Sensei, don't thank us. We should be thanking you! The three of us are alive because of you. You taught us so well, there was no way we were going to kick the bucket before our sensei!" Yoko wondered if Ataeru's abilities were rubbing off on her, because she swore she could physically feel the emotions in the air. This was a day she would certainly remember for the rest of her life.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hey! I still train, Yoko!" Kazuhiko retorted. Certainly, it wasn't quite as intense as it had been under Ataeru, but it was enough to keep him sharp when he needed to be. Which wasn't often. Desk jobs were rarely life-threatening. And just when it seemed the reunion couldn't get any sweeter, KaiKai, Kazuhiko's best friend and fellow student under Itonami-sensei, joined the party as well. Yoko gave a startled greeting, Kazuhiko understood why. The last time they had seen him, KaiKai had six arms, the defining trait of the Hachiashi clan that KaiKai's family traced its roots to. Yoko was still unnerved by spiders, and the Hachiashi being spider-like in appearance made her nervous. Before he could say anything to KaiKai, Ataeru pulled him into an embrace after shaking his hand. Same old sensei, so emotional, even over the little things. His teacher expressed his pride at Kazuhiko's growth and surivival, and even complimented him. Kazuhiko's chest swelled with pride as he heard his teacher's words.

Ataeru, whom Kazuhiko knew to be extremely liberal with his hugs and affection, then turned to KaiKai and embraced him as well. Saying similar words to him, expressing his joy at having him back in one piece, Ataeru was moved to tears it seemed. Roze was freely blubbering, Yoko was trying not to cry, and it looked like KaiKai was having the most success at not crying in their group. Kazuhiko gave up in the end, and tears started streaming down his face. "It's been too long, you guys! Where have you both been? Kai, you hiding your arms in a puppet again?" he asked while wiping his face with a napkin. Kazuhiko remembered KaiKai doing something like that on a number of occassions. The most memorable being the time that he impersonated Itonami-sensei on a mission. He hadn't noticed anything different about his friend or mentor. They just seemed older, and a little more weathered, but for all intents and purposes they were the same people he had known all those years ago. He wondered when he should tell them about his marriage to Yoko.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back