Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A day's thirst [Open]

Koton

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Stepping out into the thin sunlight of the mountain village, Koton stretched his limbs and let a yawn escape. With a glance around, he began strolling down his usual path. The people of the village ambled by as per usual, going about their day's business. With a sigh, he turned his eyes down. The day was just beginning and his mind was already wandering. His footsteps automatically falling in place, the path memorized by muscle more than his mind.His thoughts trailed to his parents and how they thought of him; if he'd made them proud. If they missed him like he missed them, or if they go about their days without thought of him. Shaking away the thought, he checked his surroundings. He was about halfway to the bar, so looking back to the ground his mind wandered to his past.

Each minute he would break down and ponder over even the most trivial aspects of his actions or choices. Constantly playing out situations in his mind, imagining how different his life would be had he simply said the wrong word, or the right one for that matter. Eventually, as always, his mind turned to her. The woman who had pierced his heart and twisted. His temper flared, and his thoughts raced. particles of sand began to rise around him, his mind almost wired with rage. I'll Kill her! I swear I'll find her and have my revenge! His hands balled to fists and the sand was beginning to cover his clothes. Something caught his attention though. The bar. Shaking his head, he realized he was moments from causing a scene and commanded the sand to fall back into place. Looking around he noted only one or two people had seen his subconscious reaction, then entered the bar.

The atmosphere changed immediately, the cool air outside was mixed with smoke and the smell of hard liquor. A quick glance around he noted it was a slow day, and found his way to his usual stool, which was always empty. The reason for this being that one of the four legs was shorter than the rest and everyone hated that. Letting his arm fall to his side, he willed sand out of his sleeve to the ground, raising the bum leg to be level with the others. Turning his attention to the now present bartender, he ordered his usual sake and lit a cigarette. Within a minute or so the bottle was left in front of him and the tender went about serving the others. With a heavy swig he repressed his troubles of the moment.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
journalist2.png

journalist.png

INPC

"Get your news here!" I said, "Get your news here! 5 copper pieces for a copy of the finest newspaper on the northern continent!"

I walked myself into the bar and repeated this a few times.

"Get your news here!" I said, "Get your news here! 5 copper pieces for a copy of the finest newspaper on the northern continent!"

The finest newspaper in question was The Daily Bugle, a daily newspaper headquartered right here in Cloud. I was an intern in it. This meant that I was allowed to shadow an experienced journalist working for the Bugle to expand my experience. When I signed up for the program I thought this meant that I would be allowed to write a few pieces for the paper, interview people, and other journalist things. I quickly discovered what it really meant was that I did the mundane jobs at the paper no one else wanted to do. This included selling loose copies and trying to subscribe people to the paper.

"The Mizukage has announced his marriage engagement with the Hokage. Read all about it in the Daily Bugle!" I said.

'I' was a red headed teenager. Although I suppose both of those facts was disputable. I was not really a red head, very few people were. My hair was more of an auburn orange. Nor was I really a teenager. I was technically an adult since I was of the age of majority. I still dressed and acted in the same fashion as a teenager though. A real adult, for comparison, had a job and had good posture.

After selling a few copies to the patrons closest to the door I walked myself to the stools and sat myself and my papers down.

"Unidentified objects appear in the Republic of Fire and abduct the Mednin Sennin! Read all about it in the Daily Bugle!"

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aksuko Katzumi

34t4px5.jpg

cloud_medic.gif

iNPC

[This is a Retired PC that has been rewinded in age. If you did not know Aksuko Katzumi before the age of 20, you no longer know her.]

How ironic was it that a medic was quite fond of bars? It wasn't the drinking that the bubbly blonde was interested in, but rather the social aspect. Everyone was there for a different reason, and a lot of them were sad stories looking for comfort. Some were wild and adventurous, and others were numb and uncaring. There was a different reason for every person to join the march of the drunk, and young Katzumi was the angel of comfort.

She was only 5'6", and dressed in a loose white tank top and black shorts. Her running shoes were knee high, and clung tightly to her toned calves. Brushing her blonde hair from her face, the twenty year old seductress made her way into the smokey pub with a bounce in her step and a bright smile on her face. She was a generally happy person, who always had something to be glad about, even in the darkest depths. Sitting down at the bar, she ordered a lime Chuhai--a very low alcohol content drink that comes in a can--and popped the tab as a strange came in and sat beside her. A strange who, mind you, looked very down in the dumps. Tipping her head to one side, Kat peered at the man before taking a slug of her drink and lifting her finger to his cigarette, lighting it with a quick fire jutsu. Giving him a gentle smile, she turned her head away from him as though she was simply doing a courtesy instead of sparking a conversation.

A young woman, with a bright auburn color to her hair, made her way in shouting and shouting. Katzumi mused to herself, not interested in the paper until the woman mentioned the engagement between the two kages. Being a hopeless romantic, Kat spun around on her stool and waved her hand, "Yeah, yeah! I'll take one!" She tried to be heard over the advertisement. "Just one, please." Katzumi said, a bright smile on her face as she pulled out five copper pieces from her coin purse and handed it to the young lady. "You from around here?" She asked the girl, with a bright smile before looking to the man beside her, "Oi, you want one? I'll buy."

Courtesy.

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been a while since Usui walked into a bar by himself, or with anyone else. His last experience at a bar had him confront a group of gang members who wanted to injury him and his brother and friend. They believed to be tough picking on a blind man, but boy were they wrong. After a brutal beating, and the purchasing of the bar which he had the fight in, Usui was wondering where he could find another place to do his monthly “damn time goes by so fast” drinking game. He was almost a veteran now, though his looks would deceive even the keenest eyes. The thirty five year old man with long white hair barely looked 25, his skin flawless without any visible scars. This had all to do with two things, his attitude about life and the simple fact that he was one of the best medical ninja that Cloud had to offer. He though had retired early in life to travel the world, and after years of exploring the medical field seemed to be lacking experienced ninja. This was when Usui came back from retirement to rock the medical field once more.

Usui kicked the door open to the bar, swaying fast and hitting the wall making a loud clank. He had been working for a good sixteen hours, and now was the time to set back and have a lovely conversation with a bottle of whiskey on all the mistakes he made in life; that or he would sit there and contemplate on what he will do with his next day off. The man walked casually to the bar, eyes bandaged up by a black cloth like usual. He wore his white button down shirt, with a black vest, black pants and black shoes. All came neatly together with a black tie that Usui had now loosened up a bit. He rolled up his sleeves and took a stool in the bar next to a man who seemed to be doing his time with a bottle of sake and a cigarette. The bartender only looked at his once, and Usui smiled politely and asked for three shots of whiskey and a glass full of rocks. In just a second the bartender had his order lined up, and he poured the first shot into the glass. The nice and very cooling nature of the ice crackling lightened him up a bit. He smiled to himself, waiting for his drink to cool when his sonar picked up something. Its wasn´t the flame that startled him but rather the person himself who left him bewildered. He grabbed the glass with his hands when he heard the phrase “The Mizukage has announced his marriage with the Hokage.”

It was something Usui did not believe in much. Love. The lucid butterfly that left his eyes some years ago, rather his sight not his eyes. He took a swig for the news, the drink halfway down his throat when he heard an extremely familiar voice. Out of utter surprise Usui choked and spit the drink out of his mouth, landing on the man beside him with the cigarette. He was slightly frozen. Was that really her? He couldn’t really believe it. ”I´m sorry…Something caught me off guard” Usui apologized to the man next to him. He now took another swig of his drink, this time passing through without a problem. He didn´t dare use his sonar to look past the man, he wouldn´t know how to react if his memory about her voice was correct. She was that nice, always smiling girl from his med nin days.

Koton

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would appear the bar's slow and steady pace of customers would jump a bit, when a few patrons entered in quick succession. The first a woman, one though who seemed to know just how to carry herself. She sat beside Koton and after giving him a once over, lit his smoke. His eyes widened in slight surprise before he took a drag and brought it away from his lips. Thank you...errr...stranger. He nodded to her in appreciation and took another drink from his bottle. Another entered at this point, a woman selling newspapers quite aggressively. He wasn't quite worried about the news at this point, so he dismissed her for the time. It took him a moment to realize he had missed entirely the appearance of another. A man sitting on the opposite side of him, wearing a cloth around his eyes. He was the only other that seemed to be taking the drinking part of being in a bar seriously. Though he seemed quiet and reserved just as well as Koton must have.

The woman who'd lit his cigarette now offered to by him a newspaper. Taken aback, Koton smiled and shook his head.No thanks, but I appreciate the offer. I'll just read it when you're done with it, if that's alright. This was when he found his arm had suddenly become a whole lot less dry. Spinning in his chair he looked to the man beside him, who was coughing at the moment. He apologized shortly thereafter and Koton just nodded. Don't worry about it then. Happens to everyone. Within seconds sand had gathered over his sleeve, pulling the moisture from his jacket sleeve as though it had never been wet. Well, if we're all going to sit next to each other, names would probably be helpful. I'm Koton, happy to make your acquaintances. He nodded to each of the three newcomers as he spoke, and took another drag of his smoke. His analytic mind began running possible conversations in the back of his head, as it always seemed to do. Trying to guess other's responses and prepare his own in turn. Shaking his head once more, he decided to play one by ear for once. He took another swig, awaiting their replies.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
journalist2.png

journalist.png

INPC

I took the woman's copper pieces and pocketed them. In exchange I gave her a copy of the Daily Bugle and signaled a "Thank you for purchasing the Daily Bugle - the finest newspaper on the northern continent!". When she asked me if I was from around here I signaled back "Yes.".

I began to roll up a second newspaper in anticipation at selling another copy, but I was saddened to hear one of the men in the bar say that they would just read the lady's newspaper after she had finished. Drabbleblast. There went five pieces.

I picked up my newspaper and made my way to the door. It was clear I wouldn't sell anymore copies here and, as they say, time is money! Perhaps I would have better luck selling at the gates.

[Leaving topic unless stopped.]

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aksuko Katzumi

34t4px5.jpg

cloud_medic.gif

iNPC

[This is a Retired PC that has been rewinded in age. If you did not know Aksuko Katzumi before the age of 20, you no longer know her.]

It seemed the girl was very busy and didn't want to stick around and chat. Kat gave a small frown as she left, and spun around to face the bar again, taking a slug of her drink as she playfully kicked her feet. "Yeah, sure~" She said, answering the man's request about the newspaper as she laid it in front of her and boredly scanned the front page. Her eyes glimmering a beautiful caramel color, and her delicate fingers playing with the edge of the paper as she stared at the front page--no, not reading--just blankly staring. Her mind was elsewhere in the world, and apparently so was someone elses'.

A spew of liquid splashed the stranger beside her, and Katzumi flinched away, standing up as the man began to apologize profusely. Wait a minute... Kat moved towards him, a delicate hand placing on his shoulder as she leaned forward to look at his face. "Oh my Raiden!" She exclaimed, crawling into the chair beside him and grinning brightly, "Usui?" Her grin was broadening, "Is that you?! My goodness! It's me, Katzumi!" She laughed, and shook her head, "What a strange place to find you!" Kat leaned forward, pecking him on the cheek, "I missed you!"

Katzumi had accidentally introduced the two of them, leaning forward to look at the stranger, "I'm sorry, we went to medical training together--Koton was it?" She asked, her hand gripping Usui's excitedly. "Bartender! Sake on me!" She called, pointing to Koton, "You like sake, I hope?"

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was with his improved sonar and a small amount of coughing that Usui watch the journalist walk away, and the man next to him had just introduced himself. Usui nodded in return, his lips about to move when it suddenly happened. She heard her again, but this time she was way closer than before and with her voice vibrating through the room Usui had a very detailed sight of Aksuko Katzumi; better known as Kat to him. She was as beautiful in person as he could remember her. She had a rocking body, but the best and sweetest curve she had was her smile. If Usui had to describe it, he would simply say that not even Raiden would be able to not look away. She was radiant and happy as always. Not a single thing had changed other than her profession; from being a MiT to becoming a hell of a good medical ninja. Usui sat there stupefied as she kissed his cheek. He might have been over reacting, but he had reason to be. It took him half a second to find his composer that was lost somewhere between Lala Land, and Candy World to respond normally to Kat.

”And I have missed you to Kat,”</COLOR><i></i> Usui said happily to Kat. ”It has been too long since I seen your smiling face.”<i></i> he smiled at her brightly, got up and hugged her then sat back down. He didn’t know if it was the alcohol, the sudden surprise, or both. But he didn´t feel as tired as when he walked in. He then looked at Koton and smiled politely. ”My name is Kizoku Usui, a pleasure to meet you. And I shall drink to that Kat.<i></i>. He said a bit loudly, taking his cup and taking a good amount of liquor. He breathed through his teeth, and then exhaled. Whiskey always has less of a throat kick if you did that, or at least that’s what he believed.

He looked at Kat smiled, and then at Koton. <COLOR color="#40BFBF">So what brings you hear Koton? Everyone has a tale to tell. He wondered more of why he was here so early rather than at dead at night. Also, why was kat there? Today started to look much more rewarding than any other day he had been out. Maybe he would just keep this bar as his main bar to plaay his silly drinking games.

Koton

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The paper girl, seeing she would most likely have no more sales, quickly made her exit. As the door fell closed once more, Koton took another drag of his cigarette. Taking another swig of his drink, he watched as the woman and man who had become his company reunite. So they know each other...well that makes me the odd one out. fun. With a breath he took another swig of his sake and, finishing the bottle, retrieved his flask from a pocket on the inside of his jacket. This drink however, was one no one would recognize, as it was something he had to import. It was shown to him a year back, when he'd met a woman who was in fact part demon. She said she was only able to drink it because of her blood, but Koton had eagerly drank with her. Albeit just minutes later he was trashed and she was hardly buzzed.

Taking a swig of his newly produced drink, he felt the comforting effect on his throat. After a moment, it appeared their conversation had returned to include him. With a simple nod he confirmed the blonde's question to his name. Then she ordered sake, a sentence which brought an admittedly large smile to Koton's face. You could call me an avid supporter of the beverage, yes. Chuckling softly, he turned his attention to Usui. I just woke up and decided today was gonna be quite the....relaxed day. I've had a lot on my mind lately, figured I'd find my way here and give myself a break. That and I really enjoy a nice drink. Taking one last drag of his cigarette, he put it out in the ashtray on the bar and took another swig of his personal stash. In a moment the bartender arrived with sake for each of them, and Koton nodded happily to the man, who had become quite a friend to him through the days.

Taking a swig of the newly arrived drink, he looked over to the two keeping him company. So, what brings the two of you here then? Leveling his deep blue and crimson eyes on Katzumi, he spoke again. You don't quite look the early drinking type honestly. With that his attention refocused onto the blind man. And Usui, surely you have your own tale to tell? He smiled as he took another drink from his own flask, and awaited their conversation.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The irony that a blind man loved her beauty was almost funny. Usui pictured people based off of the shape that his sonar bounced off of. He found beauty if which parts were more vivid and what stuck out the most. The lines of a smile, and the eyelashes that fluttered so gracefully. The sound of her hair in the wind, and her tongue in her mouth. It was easier to find true beauty when you were hindered to life's little curses. When you didn't have people to compare to other people--but rather just single people at a time. there were no magazines to gawk at, or movies to adore the people in--because you couldn't see anything but real, live, breathing people.

A hug that smelled of whiskey was hard not to laugh at, as a smile crossed her face as he pulled away. His ironic comment about 'seeing' her having her roll her eyes and squeeze his hand again as they both looked to Koton. "Woke up and went drinking, huh?" Katzumi gave a friendly smile, "You're right, that's not my style." She shrugged, turning to the bartender who brought the bottle. Standing, she moved to pour everyone a glass--except herself. "I was here last night too, and I brought Ojiba-San home." She commented, turning to sit in her seat again. "He was drunk and lost--a stranger, actually. I took him home. I figured I'd hang out here to steer him away if he came back."

She was a kind hearted young woman with a purpose different from others. She was a lover. Her golden heart pulled people in and comforted them in their darkest times. She was a shinobi--yes--but a pacifist. The irony of the situation was hard to understand, but she was forced into being a Shinobi, and therefore, rebelled by refusing to fight anything without a really good reason. In the long run, she became a Mental Health doctor, and avoided the dangers of the Shinobi world in general.

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, well with two bottles of Sake I believe today is going to be quite relaxing don´t you think?<i></i> Chuckling at his own stupid comment Usui put the now empty glass of whiskey on the wooden bar table and waited to hear Katsumi´s response. It was quiet odd to see her at a bar, especially by herself. Hell, it was a miracle that no guy had gone up to her and asked her if she wanted a drink. Maybe it was too early for the perverted people to walk inside the bar. That or maybe they were all just blind.

Usui took in her small story, and was not surprised at all by it. She had always been like that since the day he met her and it looks like she never changed at all. It was surprising really, living in such a cruel world, where your job was to kill or be killed. And yet she still had a gentle and caring attitude to the world around her. That was something Usui admired and loved about her. Take her outside beauty away, and to Usui she would still shine like the North Star on a cold winter night; a sign that guided the lost and the cold. Was it wrong for him to love her for this?

That is not surprising of you Kat. I just do hope you got home safe afterwards.<i></i> He took the cup of sake; his hands surprisingly steady, and took a small sip of the strong fermented rice drink. He exhaled through his teeth like he did with the Whiskey and found it surprisingly smooth. Usui´s face turned to Koton, giving him a half smile. ”Oh yes I have plenty of them. My tale though begins with a demonic father who wanted to kill his son.<i></i> he paused and took another sip of the rice beverage. He now gave a full crescent smile. ”To spare you the boring details of said story, it ends with a medical ninja coming out of a sixteen hour work shift. I believe I am entitled to at least a drink.”<i></i>Usui´s life had always been hard. From the near death experience he had at the hand of his father to the demon invasion that almost killed him and his brother, to the road to becoming a medical ninja that showed him the love of his life. One of the very few wonders of the world, and he watched her leave his sight. Usui had drunk so much about that memory that he had erased it and replaed it with numerous drunken stupors. Was it his fault they never actually got together? He couldn´t remember anynmore.

Koton

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOc: Sorry for the delay guys.]

With a stiff smile, Koton nodded to the blonde's inquiry. He took a drink as she confirmed his suspicion, inhaling with a bit of breathlessness. The name she mentioned didn't ring any bells in his mind so he shrugged off the story. Usui was next to speak, managing to get a laugh out of the blue haired shinobi. After saying something to Katzumi, the blind man's attention turned to Koton. He listened to what the blind man had to say and was a little bewildered. Though demonic blood wasn't too unusual in the shinobi world, it wasn't exactly commonplace. His widened eyes closed slightly in disappointment at the lack of detail. Though he nodded to the last sentence. Every man is entitled to a drink, whether they've dealt with hardships or not.

There wasn't a whole lot Koton could think to add to the conversation at this point. Things had seemed to end on a more somber note, which usually led to a bit of an awkward silence. Well damn Usui, sounds like a hard story to tell. Sorry to hear about your dad. It would seem though you've managed to come along rather well despite the fact. He took another swig and tipped the flask upside down. Bone dry. He was starting to feel the effects of the alcohol, but that just made him want more. Sand started to generate on his shoulder, coming from seemingly nowhere, until a medium sized creature stood there. It was a small spider, comprised of sand. Turning his head he whispered to the creation of his, and in a moment it would hop off and scurry out of the bar. Forgot my cash. He spoke to the two in an explanatory fashion for the spider.

Calling the barkeep over, he ordered himself a smaller bottle of whiskey and chips. Koton still wanted to drink, but was keen to ensure he wasn't completely wasted in front of present company. Pouring himself a glass, he would offer some to Usui, pouring him a glass if he accepted. Taking a sip, he would look over the two. Well I can't say I have an interesting life story to tell. I was born and raised to become a shinobi and here I am. Kinda boring really. Haven't found a reason to go into either the medical field or Anbu. Aside from that, nothing really different from everyone else. A bit of heartbreak, a shortcoming or two, but no regrets. He looked down at the bar for a moment, his mind running over a few key moments of his own past. Shaking himself from his thoughts, he smiled at the two to avoid any worry. He pulled a cigarette from his pocket and let it rest on his lips. He wasn't sure how long it had been since his last, and he was trying to quit smoking as much as he did. After a moment he realized he didn't quite care and lit it. There wasn't much to add, so he sat quietly, drinking and smoking, like one does in a bar.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Incase you missed my "Away" memo, this is exam week. So thanks for being paitent.]

Safe. Actually, no, she hadn't gotten home safe. In fact, she had almost been abducted by a band of gang members if it hadn't been for Ayumu. The young pacifist Shinobi dropped her head as she stared at the table as the two drank their sake. Usui bringing up the story of his father–A familiar story. She looked up long enough to give him a gentle smile at his final comment as Koton commented on the roughness of people's lives. Wasn't that how it always was? People struggling just to stay alive in this whole in the world that was full of vile vermin and darkness. Struggling to feed their families or even themselves. Killing themselves over love and beliefs that no one cared about in the first place. The world was rotten. Sick.

A sand spider created itself on the table, Katzumi learning forward to peer at it as it scurried away and Koton explained it's being. "Oh, no no no, let me get it!" Katzumi came from the aristocrat side of town. The part of the city who believed they had some sort of divine right in the village. She was filthy rich, and incredibly generous– and the generous part didn't come from the aristocrat side. Laying out some yen on the bar, she paid, no 'if, ands, or buts', and gave a worthy tip a she sat back down, kicking her feet as she shipped her Chuhai happily. "It's OK not to pick a side. Main Branch can do whatever they want without stereotype!" She remarked, gesturing to herself and Usui, "Everyone assumes we have some Godly power of bringing people back to life." It was a simple and lame joke, but she took a shot.

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Apologies for the wait. Since I came back from vacation, I been dealing with the house with no boiler [aka freezing temperatures inside the house], work schedule + College schedule. Yeah. RL issues -__-]

Usuis sonar caught the little sand like monster sprint out the room, just afterward Kat said it would be on her tab. What type of a man would Usui be being the son of the Fourth Raikage and letting Kat pay the drink? He was buzzed at this point, the stupid half grin covered his face. It seemed to have relaxed him a lot, maybe too much. He slapped his hand on the counter, getting their attention, and most likely the other innocent by standards at the bar, proclaiming in his happy tone of voice "I shall take care of the tab for all three of us, though she might not be drinking."he finished, pointing at Kat. He took the drink that was offered by Koton and took a sip. Koton, Koton. Though he seemed young, Usui liked his company, or at least while drinking. Heart break was something usui was familiar with, and to that he raised his glass.

To heartbreak! He sipped it once more, as he sat there deep in thought about the days he once had with a beautiful, sexy girl with blond hair. Ironically she was in the bar with him, and to that she was standing next to him. Standing or sitting, he didn't know at this point. His mind wondered of to the plains of memories, where he couldn't find the damn reason why they never hit it off to begin with...The shinobi could hear what Koton was saying, and processed every word, but it seemed like his thoughts went deeper like a monk meditating. He could picture Koton being born, being raised by to loving and caring parents. Though his desire wasn't on becoming a shinobi, his skills were more than good. he had quickly become a good little ninja, one that followed orders, and did not say anything in return. A true Shinobi of the land. he graduated with top scores on his class, and was admired by all his classmates. With a bit of luck, and a hell of ninjutsu skills to match he quickly passed Genin rank and became a young successful Chuunin. Well, at least that's how the movie played inside Usui's head. This whole oscar winning movie about the The Little Ninja that Could was completely interrupted by a small little quote by kat herself. Usui was now kicked back into reality, in a bar stool with his new friend that starred in the movie he just watched and kat the girl who ran away with his dreams.

"That..Isn't really certain...The Fourth Raikage could bring people back from the dead, though they weren't really necessarily themselves...More like a demon soul occupying the human vessel." Usui stopped himself from even saying what he really wanted to say. The fact that Usui had done it, had done the miracle that in which till this day had only be done by his father. But unlike his father, Usui had perfected it. Of what he knew, he was probably one in a few people in the history of the ninja world to bring back a soul from the dead. This shock had sobered him up a bit. To that he took a sip of the cup, which was now empty. Was he that much of an alcoholic? Or was it just the situation that got him to drink?

Koton

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: sorry, my computer is down. working off another for now.]

The others seemed to wish to pay for his drinks. Both almost clambering over each other to be more polite to their present company. At this point, as Usui spoke, Koton could tell his little pet was close to returning, and soon he'd be the one competing to be the most polite. He shook his head with a slight laugh that he could pass off as a response to Usui's remark. As the blind man exclaimed his toast, Koton grinned and threw back what was left in his drink. It seemed after though that the man was stiller, oddly motionless after such words. Since his eyes were hidden from the world, Koton would just assume he was off in thought. The next thing he had to say did come as a surprise to him. A tidbit of information he didn't know about the fourth. At the mention, a memory returned that made Koton sit up straight. Kira....The words came as such so close to a whisper. The memory of his old friend flooded his mind. He had been such a unique person, with a flare to his personality. He recalled a sparring they had, one more standing than any other. they'd both become so much stronger since their last, and Kira had even abandoned his original chain weapon. Instead it seemed he fancied himself a bit of a walking arsenal. A Katana, a giant blade, and a bow. But the thing that put Koton off the most, they could speak. After the match they'd sat and caught up, and he learned the reasoning behind this.

Their last meeting however...He wasn't Kira. He was with a strange man and he seemed empty. He didn't even recognize Koton. At least, not on the surface. His discolored sharingan did shine a bit, as if he was still there but not living. Running a hand across his face, he found it wet, tears streaming freely. They'd practically been brothers. With a much more solemn tone, he ordered another bottle of whiskey as he poured what was left into his glass. The small spider hopped onto the bar at this point, dispersing and leaving a coin purse in it's place. Taking a rather large swig of his drink, he realized the memories had practically returned him to being stone cold sober. With another shake of his head, he spoke to the two. Sorry, memories come up when you least expect, yanno? He placed the newly produced bottle between himself and Usui, and raised his glass. Hope you don't mind if I make a toast as well Usui? To friendship. A single tear escaped as he took his sip. His mind delving into the fond memories of his closest friend.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Everyone is making apologies! I'm sorry I didn't post! I don't have an excuse... I just didn't want to. :p]

Everyone around her seemed to be in a stupor--especially Usui. A stupid grin on his face, leaving Katzumi a little giggly. Her head turning to look at the other people in the bar as she analyzed them--as all shrinks do--watching the way they interacted with one another. Laughing, talking, flirting, smiling, frowning, yelling, arguing--all sorts of debates and types of emotions were going on. It was a little overwhelming to someone who understood the human brain like the back of her hand. Ironically, however, despite her ability to understand others, and what they really needed--Katzumi didn't know anything about herself. She struggled on a daily basis to try and understand who she was as a person, and what kind of person would fit perfectly with her and she could spend the rest of her life with them. Why was it so difficult to understand? Kat often asked herself such questions in hopes that maybe, the more she asked them, someone would come up with an answer. Like some sort of heavenly sign would fall down, and she would finally know who she was supposed to be in this world. What people expected of her would be fact of fiction--and she would know it--

Usui's hand slapped the table, and Kat jumped a foot in the air, trembling in a moment of shock. He proclaimed that he would be taking the tab, Kat giving him a funny look as he toasted to heartbreak. Katzumi was a heartbreaker, not the heartbroken. Ironically, the man sitting beside her, she had crushed. No, totally demolished his heart--and she didn't even know it. She was totally oblivious to the pain she caused others--and yet--she couldn't help but lean over and kiss his cheek--making it all that much worse. Her head leaning towards his ear as she took a moment to whisper to him, "Nobody is perfect." She stated simply, raising her hand for the bartender as she pulled away from Usui and ordered something a bit harder--she'd need it tonight, it seemed. What was the fun in being in a bar if you were the only sober one? Nothing!

Koton made a toast as well, Katzumi raising her new glass of whiskey to it as she took a swig, and leaned forward to peek around Usui at Koton. "What did you say, Koton?" She'd say, trying to ignore the droplet of salty water that stayed firmly on his cheek, and refused to let go. In this case, he needed a laugh, not a reminder or advice--but Kat had to know... "Kira?" She'd ask, her mind wandering to the fiery haired man whom she had met so long ago. "Ko-Chan's, Kira?" She'd ask again, blinking a few times. "No, shit! Small world!"

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The words echoed in Usui's head, bouncing off every corridor in his head. Nobody is perfect... His cheeks blushed slightly out of reaction, her soft lips imprinting their love spell on the veteran man who stood before Koton and Kat. His thoughts dropped endlessly, trying to grasp whatever sanity was left at this point in time. He could picture the past as if it was a movie, starring Usui and Katzumi. Their relationship wasn't the best, but it seemed to everyone else that usui and her were dating. Sure, everyone else had the hots for her, but Kat and usui had something else. They had chemistry. They were very similar in ways, and in others completely different. Usui had actually thought about marrying her, and settling down, having kids- ya know the mature thing. She though had walked away from his life. Falling hard into depression, he left the medical field and retired as a ninja for a while, looking out for the folks outside the village and studying his ass of. He traveled the lands on Kumo, learned the ancient language and slowly started to bring himself back to his usual routines. Hell, the reason why he went to bars was to bury the image of her and him living happily ever after. Her presence did light a fire in his heart, but he was cautious this time...At least that's what he thought before starting to drink.

Usui smiled at Koton now, and to his surprise he could "see" katsumi's hand holding a glass. It took him a second for his mind to process all the information that he had put to the side while being mid boggled. It must have taken him .5 seconds to catch up, but now they were in the same page. Usui had never heard of this Kira, but it seemed that katzumi new about him. He filled his glass once again, not thinking of the massive hangover he might have the next day and raised it high, hitting the other classes slightly making a small high pitched clinging noise. The parabola like sound have cleared usui from the fog of war, revealing Katz seemingly perfect face, and Koton's face and his tear that had not fully fallen yet. Usui had also lost plenty of friends, and he thought about Usani Chikan. His first friend, his first rival, his first partner. That Inuzuka was like his peanut butter to his jelly. "For they shall always remain in our thoughts and in our hearts." Usui took another sip of the whiskey, burning his throat. He felt much better now, unfocused and relaxed. It had been a while since he has had a conversation with someone else like this one. He just wished he knew what was going through katsumi's head...Why...

[ooc:sorry, writers block, brain fart, whoopy cushion explosion, ect...]

Koton

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To Koton's surprise, Usui added to his toast, seeming to say what Koton didn't think he could manage out. He missed exactly what Katzumi had said, but it wasn't meant for him so he brushed it off. That was, until she said his name. How could she know Kira? Looking over the woman in a new light, it didn't take long for him to see. You hopelessly romantic idiot. No way man. He laughed softly, which seemed well timed as the blonde had made some humorous remark. After a moment, what she'd said had finally clicked in his brain. Please don't bring her up. It's her fault my brother is dead. She didn't even have the decency to show up to his funeral. Anyone who knew Kira would know he was defensive of the ones he cared about. She put him in that situation, I just know it... But yes, if it's not apparent, same Kira. We were closer than white on rice. We grew up together, made each other stronger, struggled to beat the other's milestone... His words trailing, he brought his glass to his lips once more.

With a sigh, he spoke again. That does bring a question though. How did you two know each other? I know you can't be that blonde he was always talking about. He chuckled a bit at his own words, with a bit of a hiccup to follow. He wasn't quite drunk, but he definitely wasn't sober. It was this condition that had caused him to not notice the woman now held a drink in her grasp. Huh. Guess it's that kind of crowd.

[ OOC: My apologies for the shortness, burnt out right now. Had to put this up before I got any shut eye.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back