Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Lazy Day of Reading(Open RP)

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kensei awoke that morning knowing what most of his day would hold. Studying. Always studying something and never just reading for fun. How he longed to just sit down and enjoy reading something new. Yet, despite the fact he lived in a library, there was nothing new for him do read in it. So he just studied the same old books and scrolls. His grandfather would sit with him and helped him to understand what he was reading if Kensei couldn't work it out on his own. Which he usually could. After hours studying these same old books his grandfather looked up to him and said "Kensei, why don't you go out and play for awhile? Get some fresh air."

So out Kensei went, but not to play. No, he had something else in mind. And that's how he came to be here, in the Bibliotheca Conscientiae. The largest collection of books and scrolls in the village. He ran from aisle to aisle looking at all of it. His mind raced with what to read first. After all, he figured he had time to read one or two of them before he had to be back. So as he raced to find one, he came upon the medical section. They didn't have very many medical books at their library. So he stood there for a moment, trying to decide on one to read. He decided on a book about the nervous system, and plopped down and started to read.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: A Lazy Day of Reading

Daisuke wandered into the library with purpose, his quest for knowledge bringing him to the building as he once more aimed to delve deeper into the different specialities offered at the hospital. While he knew that he learned best by doing, the inescapable fact that trying to perform surgery or other procedures without knowing what one was doing was the quickest way to put both his career and someone's life at risk.

So I'm here, ready to delve into some books once again. Joy unbounded.

The thought bought a wry smile to the medic's face as he made his way through the stacks to the medical section, whereupon he grabbed the nearest book on human anatomy and carried it over to the nearby table. Sliding into a free seat, the Uchiha looked up to see a young student pouring over a book that seemed to be medical in nature. His curiosity piqued, Daisuke looked closer to see that the part of the book the boy was reading was on the nervous system.

Hmmm, that might be a bit too much for the kid.

Knowing he had seen a more relevant book back on the shelves, Daisuke stood up and quickly retrieved it. He slid the book onto the desk next to the boy before once more taking his seat and opening the text he had grabbed for himself, speaking as he did so.

“The one you had is good, but I found that one to be better when I was first starting up.”

[Topic Entered]

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kensei sat reading the medical book that he had chosen, he noticed a man walk to the aisle of medical books. He noticed the white lab coat the man was wearing and assumed he was a Med-nin. Kensei quickly looked back at his book as the man approached the table he was sitting at with a book of his own. His eyes quickly went back over the man's body as he sat down, and saw the symbol on the man's black shirt.

A Uchiha doctor?

The man then peeked at the book Kensei was reading, and then stood back up. Kensei quickly took this chance to also take a peek at the book the man was reading. The man then passed another book to Kensei.

“The one you had is good, but I found that one to be better when I was first starting up.”

Kensei stared at the book for a moment, unsure if he should grab it. He then looked back up to the man, then back down at the new book. Kensei hesitantly picked it up while setting the book he was reading down. He flipped through the first couple of pages, quickly absorbing the information held within. His eyes darted back up to the man.

"Thank you. I don't get to read too many medical texts. If you don't mind me asking, aren't you a member of the Uchiha clan? I recognize the symbol on your chest from a book I read about the different ninja clans."

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke suppressed a smirk at the surreptitious glances being thrown his way by the boy as he seemed to hesitate before diving headlong into the book that the medic had placed.

“Yeah I'm an Uchiha, originally from Konohagakure but then I moved over to this village a while back. I'm not surprised you've not read many medical texts, they can be very dry to say the least.”

Daisuke looked over at the boy as he spoke, tugging his eye open slightly more than normal to emphasise the sharingan that lazily sat there.

“Uchiha Daisuke, medical ninja at your service. By the way, if you have anything else you might be looking for in the medical section of the library let me know, I've read a good portion of it so I can point you to the right places.”

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kensei listened as Daisuke introduced himself with earnest. He had never met an Uchiha before, and when he was shown the sharingan he couldn't help but to smile a bit. Daisuke seemed to be a nice enough of a man, so Kensei decided to open up a bit more.

"It's not that I find medical books dry by any means, we just don't have very many of them at home. I live with my grandfather in an old library just outside of town, but we don't have anywhere near the amount of texts that they have here. I love to read, but I've read everything back at home already,so whenever I get the chance, I sneak out to here. In fact, I'm supposed to be out playing right now. But that's such a bore. So I'm just reading this for fun. That, and I'm not sure which way I want to go after I graduate from the academy. So I thought I'd read some medical stuff to see if that might interest me. I think I'd rather be a Med-nin than a regular ninja or ANBU, but I'm just not sure yet. What made a Uchiha like yourself chose the medical path? Isn't your clan some of the greatest warriors in the world? Oh, and I'm Sakaki Kensei"

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke listened to the young shinobi at allowed himself a small frown at the boy's sheer enthusiasm, although the expression dimmed slightly at the question about why he had become a medic. That had been a minefield of an issue when he had broken it to his parents, and he remembered the fallout lasting for a long time afterwards.

Give him the abridged version then.

“Nice to meet you. That all makes sense, glad to see people are still taking time to read and exercise their minds. As for why I became a medic...well, everyone in my family went into the Anbu, but I wasn't like them and we didn't always get on, and I'd always been fascinated by the human body and fixing things so it felt right. That being said, medics are still able to fight. After all, if you know how to put someone together, you know how to take them apart.”

The last sentence was one that he'd used in an argument with his parents over his choice of a non-combat 'sissy' profession, and Daisuke remembered the look of incredulity that they had adopted at his words.

That was the day they realised I wasn't a little kid any more.

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kensei listened to Daisuke's explanation, he noticed from his facial expression that he had opened up a sore topic for the man. He also noticed that what Daisuke said about medics being able to fight as well was true from the scars all over Daisuke's face. This man might be a Med-nin, but he was still a ninja after all. This made Kensei smile a bit.

"Sorry Dr. Uchiha if I opened some old wounds from my question. Although I might be young, I can understand the pain of family strife. I just have a bad habit of questioning people. After all, how else would one learn otherwise right? Books and scrolls might be able to teach us many things, but experience is our greatest teacher. That's one of my grandfather's favorite sayings. But I lack any experiences in the medical field I'm afraid. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not really that interested in helping people just to help them. No, I'm just interested in the knowledge of how to do so. You see, not too long ago I discovered my first ninjutsu scroll. That was quite the revelation, it was like a spark went off in my brain. I mean, just think of the countless possibilities jutsus have. Medical jutsus are particularly interesting to me because they are so different from the others. Jutsus used to heal instead of killing? How fascinating. Oh my, listen to me ramble on. Another bad habit of mine I'm afraid. I don't usually feel comfortable talking to others, but once I start I just can't stop."

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke had to smile at the boy's apology, knowing that he had not meant to make the medic dwell on anything unpleasant. As it was, the scars were all that remained of those particular memories, mingled with a tinge of regret at the fact he hadn't tried harder to find out what happened to the rest of his family after what happened in Konoha. Still, he didn't dwell on it as he listened to the rest of what Kensei was saying.

“The wounds closed long ago, they just tug a bit now and then. I can understand wanting knowledge for the sake of knowledge, and jutsu still amaze me even now. There is so much to know and learn, it can be overwhelming at times. Your attitude will help you though, of that I have no doubt, and there's nothing wrong with rambling if what you say is interesting. How was the book?”

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kensei pondered what the man Med-nin had just said and asked as he put his book down. Nobody else but his grandfather had ever shown any really interest in what Kensei thought or said. This made the boy happy and he couldn't help but to smile.

"The book was informative to say the least. I was particularly interested in the part about the brain and how it sends pulses of electricity through our nervous system. Another thing I found interesting was how our thoughts are also the result of a biochemical electricity. Did you know that as a result of this, that sharks can sense our very thoughts through a special gland they posses? Simply amazing isn't it? Tell me doctor, what was your favorite subject when you where a Med-nin in training?

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke had to pause and think at the question that Kensei posed to him, casting his mind back to when he had been training in Konoha. He remembered greatly enjoying a lot of things, but there was one thing in particular that jumped to mind.

“I enjoyed almost all of it to varying degrees, but studying anatomy and the ways in which a body can be healed via surgery was probably my favourite. I remember being in an operating theatre the first time I saw someone have surgery and the excitement was intense, ever since then it has been the one thing I always seem to come back to. But without knowledge of anatomy, surgery is impossible, so probably that.”

The medic knew that his answer had been quite long-winded but he also guessed that the young boy would appreciate the explanation he had given.

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kensei sat and listened to Daisuke talk abut how studying anatomy was his favorite subject when the Uchiha was going through medical training. This got Kensei thinking more, and he started to question himself if he should ask the one thing he really wanted to ask at this point. After all, he didn't know this man all too well. Yet, he found himself to be able to speak openly so far with this man up to this point. Maybe it would be ok to ask Daisuke his final question.

"Dr. Uchiha, I've really enjoyed talking with you today. It's an experience I rarely get, and even more rarely enjoy. But for some reason I feel comfortable enough to speak my mind around you. So I have a proposition for you. Would you be willing to take me as an apprentice? I think talking to you and reading this book has allowed to make up my mind up about which way I want to go, and you are perfect to mentor me. I'm willing to pay out of my own pocket if that's what it takes for you to agree to be my mentor. So what do you say, will you do it?"

The young boy sat nervously, waiting for the man's reply.

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin yawned quietly as he made his way up towards the Bibliotheca Conscienttiae, his eyes scanning the large structure. For all the time he had been in Kumogakure, he had rarely ventured to the large library, preferred to train alone without the noise of people. While he wasn't anti-social to say, he found it sometimes a bore to try and connect with others, his loyalty for his village left hardly any room for anything but bettering himself. But, he had to remind himself that comrades did tend to help with keeping his home safe, even though he had to remain friendly when dealing with most people feeling his aura. While giving off the presence of evil didn't bother him, Shin seeing it away to be useful in combat, he understood grudgingly why most people would become leery of him. As he wondered around the Bibliotheca, eyeing the books around him, his vision narrowed down on two males having a discussion. It’s a start. He signed, walking over towards them as he tried to make himself appear to be friendly. Hopefully they wouldn't be put off by him, or his trip might as well have been a waste.

“Sorry if I’m interrupting, but you both seemed to be discussing something interesting. Mind if I join in?”

He smiled slightly, hoping that this would go well.

[Topic Entered]

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching Kensei make his nervous request, Daisuke remembered when he had first sought out a teacher, and that moment of paralysing fear while he waited for the person to decide. He had been lucky enough that his former mentor had said yes so quickly, and he had always appreciated the help that the man had given to him, and he knew that he would regret it if he didn't pass his knowledge on to a new generation as his master had done with him.

“Kensei, I'd be more than happy to be your mentor and please, call me Daisuke. I don't have too many rules or constraints; as long as you're doing your best then I'll let a lot of things slide. Ultimately though, remember that at our core we Shinobi are meant to help people in whatever way we can.”

While he was saying this, a figure caught his eye from the corner of his vision and he turned to watch as a young man walked over, a smile fixed on his face as he asked to join the pair. Daisuke was in a good mood, and he knew that he needed to make more connections and so as far as he was concerned, his choice was an easy one to make.

“Sure, feel free. We were just discussing a couple of medical texts and different aspects of working in the hospital here. My name's Uchiha Daisuke by the way, I work as a medic as you might have guessed from the conversation topic we had before.”

Leaning back in his seat, Daisuke waited to see if the man would join them and realised quickly that he was missing a crucial piece of information.

“Sorry, almost forgot; what can we call you?”

[MFT]
[WC-293]

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kensei's heart rate went faster and faster as he awaited Daisuke's answer. He needed the older man to say yes to his request for reasons all his own. When the response came, Kensei almost felt like jumping out of his seat. Almost. But he kept his composer and chose to put on a big grin instead. Finally he had someone that would teach him. Not just in the way of the medical arts, but also the shinobi arts as well. This would be the quickest way to get him to where he needed to be.

"Thank you Dr. Daisuke. This means more to me than you can imagine. I imagine, no I know, that I can learn more from you than any book or scroll. And yes, I absolutely will try my best to meet your expectations of me. Not to brag, but I like to think of myself as a pretty outstanding student."

He once again but on a big grin as he said the last sentence. This was going to be the start of a beautiful relationship. Then another person approached them both, asking if they could join in on their conversation. The man seemed nice enough, but Kensei felt something coming off of the man. Something dark and terrible, a feeling that was new to Kensei. It was like a demon was standing before them, conversing with them. Kensei sank a little in his chair as Daisuke spoke to this new person and even agreed to let the person join in. Kensei was unsure why he agreed, but if Daisuke was ok with it, he will have to follow suit.

"I'm Kensei, nice to meet you."

Kensei spoke those words in a somewhat hushed voice. He didn't know anything about this person, just that he didn't like the feeling he gave off. Still, maybe this person wasn't a demon like he was imagining that he was. Only time, and this new man, would tell.

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, seem like this is going well.

“Thank you Daisuke, my name is Kurogane Shin. I didn’t know that there were any Uchiha in Kumogakure.”

Shin sat down across from looking at both of the books they had. He looked up at the other male as he introduced himself, noticing the fear in his tone. Hmm…this could be towards my advantage, I’ll have this as a mental reminder for later. His smile disappeared, saddness on his face due to Kensei's reaction. It still bothered him how certain people could off put his aura, but that was life.

“It’s nice to meet you Kensei, if I could I would stop this aura leaking from me. I guess having a demon as a distant ancestor has it draw backs, huh?”

He looked at the male attempting to gage his reaction, hoping that he didn't ruin his chances by giving them knowledge of his lineage. After waiting for a bit, he shifted his gaze towards Daisuke, hoping to make the mood a bit lighter.

“I have often wondered about the Medical Field, it useful to have such skills should you find yourself in difficult situations. Have you found it engaging?”

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The outpouring of joy from Kensei brought a smile to Daisuke's face, and he nodded his head to his new student before speaking up to the man nearby, who approached and introduced himself and made a comment about how his aura and lineage may be causing some disquiet to Kensei. Looking over at his student, Daisuke saw that he seemed to be slightly cowed by the energy coming from the new arrival, and he tried to catch the young boy's eye to offer some small measure of reassurance before turning back to Shin to speak.

“We're rare, but we hide around here and there. I know I've seen another Uchiha in the hospital from time to time, but I've not really spoken to them yet. As for the medical field, I find it amazingly valuable, the knowledge I've gained from studying how to heal has also helped me in the past when I have been forced to fight. I'd never call myself a pacifist, but being able to slip into different roles as and when necessary means that my medical training is very useful, for me at least. Have you studied anything to do with the field?”

[OOC – Sorry about the delay, Uni has been an arse.]

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kensei's nervousness soon became curiosity as he heard Shin causally mention that he has a demon for an ancestor. This piqued Kensei's interest to a level that at only came one other time. The time when he read his first book on ninjutsu. His mind raced with questions he wanted to ask. It felt like his brain was going to pop like a balloon with too much helium pumped into it. He tried his best and remained patient while his new mentor talked to Shin. As Daisuke asked his last question, Kensei could hold back no more.

"I'm sorry, but I can't hold in my questions anymore. Mr. Kurogane was it? You said you have a distant demon ancestor right? That is simply fascinating. How far down the line are you from your ancestor? How did you find out about them and your heritage? Was there signs since birth or later on in life? Has it granted you any unique powers like those of a ninja bloodline? I'm not asking you to revel those powers, just if you have any other then your aura."

Kensei sat and waited for the answers if Shin was willing to talk. He also looked over to Daisuke to gauge his reaction to Kensei's questions. He hasn't know him for very long, so it was interesting to see how Daisuke would respond. To Kensei, it was like he was saying "See? I'm eager to learn all kind of things."

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin looked at Daisuke, waiting patiently as listened to his answer before speaking, his processing what to say.

“Unfortunately I know little about the field, I was always curios about the natural of Mednin and their abilities, however I would think it could become a strong possibility. I’ve always been curious about people with bloodlines or other like me. Being a Medical Ninja could prove me the knowledge to understand more.”

He turned as the one known as Kensei nervousness seem to vanish almost instantly as he started shooting off questions rapidly, causing the chuunin eyes to widen slightly. This…is unexpected. Shin look at the student for a second before he spoke, making sure to give him some knowledge but not enough that it might harm in the future. There was only one thing he believed in and it wasn’t the people living in it. At least yet.

“Don’t take this the wrong way Kensei, but some of you question deal with...personal matters. I know that you are harmless in your asking but I’d rather not answer all of them. I can tell you however my aura should give you a small idea of what my powers can do. As for my heritage, I am unsure, my father never talked much about our lineage.”

Shin spoke, looking about the two males and waiting for their responses.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke listened to the other man respond to both his point and the one made by Kensei, and the medic felt as though he detected some trepidation in Kurogane when he spoke of his ancestry.

Makes sense, there are skeletons in every families closet.

Nodding to himself, Daisuke smiled at the other man and opened his hands in front of him as he spoke.

“I can certainly respect not wanting to talk too much about things you don't wish to, we all have things like that in our pasts. As for your point about medics, it would certainly be true that if you desired information about bloodlines and the like that we are a good field for that, I've learned more about them than I ever really planned to merely in the course of my work. There are enough little intricacies and whatnot in the Uchiha before I even begin to pick apart other bloodlines. If you ever need a hand or advice, make sure to let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.”

He knew that the offer may well not be taken up, but Daisuke believed that in making it he was setting a good example to his new student while also making himself useful to other people in the village, which was never a bad thing.

Sakaki Kensei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kensei was a little disappointed that Shin wasn't really willing to talk about his demonic powers and past. Still, he had learned enough from him to make a mental note of it. Daisuke then offered to help Shin learn about the different bloodlines. This too interested Kensei, as most things did. Sometimes he felt like his thirst for knowledge was too great and that his head would explode. Still, there is never anything wrong with learning.

"Daisuke, has there ever been one clan you've had a difficultly treating?"

It was a simple question, but one Kensei felt could be important later on in his life. If he had to guess one himself that would be challenging it would have to be the Aburame clan. They where rumored to have bugs living inside of them, and Kensei figured that this would make operating on them very hard.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back