Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A little pinch of survival [Class]

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Good Morning Academy Students!
On ………. There will be a field lesson taking place, which will cover basic survival techniques in a hostile environment along with some elements of gathering food and herbs. The only thing you should bring is things you cannot handle being without as everything you will need will be provided.

Anyone attending must meet up on field number 1 on the side of the academy.
I look forward to seeing you all there.

The sun was shining brightly and there was barely any clouds in the sky. Truly this was a perfect day for what the teacher had in mind. What could be a better than a little bit of field work on such a nice day? Nothing for certain! Everyone who had decided to take the lesson would get a note telling them to gather on the field next to the academy. It was the gathering point and from where they would leave for their real destination. The first thing that would greet them was a large pile of black backpacks and two people conversing. One of them was the caretaker of the academy wearing his usual tracksuit and the second was a blonde woman wearing a black suit with a black shirt and gloves. How she could stand the heat in those clothes without even a drop of her sweat on her was a complete mystery, but that didn’t really matter. She also seemed to be wearing one of those backpacks along with a shoulder bag across her right arm.

The caretaker nodded slightly and headed towards the academy again, leaving the woman by herself. She crossed her arms and waited. How long it would take for the students to arrive she didn’t know, but what she did know was that she would leave as soon as enough arrived. This wasn’t a lesson where latecomers would have a chance to really join up. It was going to be quite the walk to their destination, so there wasn’t that much time to waste. For now it was just a matter of a little bit of time and patience.

[I will be posting every 40-48 hours or so. If you have any trouble with that feel free to message me and I will give you a little bit more time to post. This will be a fast moving lesson as I’m sure you want to get through these lessons fast.]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Today was an exciting day for the young girl, she was heading out to the academy for a lesson, but unlike the others she’d been in, this one was to be outdoors! A lesson on survival and the likes and the fact that it was such a beautiful day was just a massive boon. The cheery little girl would be seen skipping through the village on her way to the academy grounds wearing a pair of brown knee length shorts with a bunch of pockets, a white t-shirt with a blue and grey hoodie atop it and a comfortable pair of shinobi sandals. Her unusual hair style bobbed up and down as she went, her smiling face looking nothing but creepy with the scars on her cheeks.

Before too long she would be at the training grounds and started to look around for the correct field, number one if she recalled correctly. She skipped along and it didn’t take much investigation for her to come across the pile of backpacks and a woman standing, wearing one herself. “That must be the teacher!” She thought to herself excitedly and rushed on over to introduce herself with the cheesiest grin imaginable. “Heya! My names Reishii and I’m here for the lesson!” She would say loudly with excitement and look over at the pile of bags for a moment. “Hey are they for the students? Coz I see you have one too so I guess so!” Without so much as waiting for an answer she was already there, looking the bags over, regardless of the fact that they were identical and spent a couple of moments picking the one she thought looked best and throwing it over her back. “This is gonna be so much fun.” She exclaimed excitedly, rocking back and forth on her heels, giggling as they waited for more students.

Uka may recognise the girl, her name and condition had been put out to all the medical personnel and being the Sennin clearly you were at the top of said list. Although she had been cleared from needing psychiatric help, she was still to have an eye kept on her since her Hyperactivity was more than a little odd given what she’d been through in the past few years, it was however unclear if she’d simply decided to not let it get her down or if she’d snapped and gone off the deep end.

[MFT - 404]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gasu walked through the streets of the village, heading for the academy for his first lesson with others, he was more comfortable training himself but he decided he needed this. He knew about some animals from his books and scrolls, but he didn't have much experience face to face. He decided to run forward, he was pumped for this! Then he remembered who he was and went back to walk as his leg started to tense up. He went to the first field, and saw the his teacher, and his fellow student. He asked himself "What quote should i say if i don't survive?" he kidded to himself and whispered to the air "Easy... Comfort breeds weakness."

Gasu stepped onto the field, his hands behind his back. He put his chin slightly lower then average, as if he was shy or submissive. Behind his back he was swirling a tiny amount of chakra in his hands, almost nothing, not even visible, but a small tug he was trying to control and gather. He put his hands away from each other to stop this distraction, and looked up to give the others company. He silently went over, and lifted up a bag, but had to adjust the straps, then he placed it over his shoulder. He looked to the fellow student and said "Hi..." he cursed himself in his head, he was weak and pitiful, he needs this damned class to train himself. He put his hands close to each other to practice chakra once more, trying to tug at the points in his fingers to excrete some form of energy. He looked to both of his betters just to see if they were going to talk to him or not, then returned to what looked like gazing at his hands.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[48 hours have passed and we have enough people for this to be considered a class. Time to get going then]

"Oh and could you take any of the leftover bags inside, please? I'd really prefer to use them again at some point."<i></i> The Sennin smiled to the caretaker before he nodded and wandered off towards the academy. At least she could put her mind at ease about the fate of her teaching material, although she couldn't do so for her lesson. There can be absolutely no doubt she was absolutely terrified. This was the second time she had ever taught anyone properly and nerves were one thing she had to try and fix. Uka let out a prolonged sigh and turned around just as her first student arrived. And what a student it was. This really was going to be an interesting lesson for sure. "Good Morning to you too. Just help yourself to one of the rucksacks. We'll be leaving shortly."<i></i> Uka smiled as the girl got her backpack before the teacher had even managed to finish her sentence. This really was going to be interesting. It wasn't long before one more and quite possibly her last student arrived. There wasn't any more time to really wait.

"Okay then."<i></i> Uka clapped her gloved hands together and kept them like that for a second before relaxing them down her sides. "We can't really wait any more for any others, but it's their loss not ours. I'll save introductions for when we get to our destination, but for now all you need to know is why I am, namely your teacher - Uka."<i></i> The medic began as she carefully took her backpack off and placed it down on the ground in front of her. "Since you already got one of these I will just quickly go over what is in them before we go."<i></i> The zipper quickly sung open as the woman went on to show the contents to her two spectators. "Firstly you will notice that there is no food in these at all. You will need to get your own food when we set up camp. The things you will actually find are as follows: a coil of ninja wire; a couple of kunai; about ten meters or rope; a waterproof matchbox; a fishing kit with about 10 meters of line and a set of hooks; a sharpening stone; some medical supplies such as bandages, liquid antiseptic along with some plasters and finally a compass."<i></i> Uka quickly put everything back into her bag and put it back on. "As I am pretty sure you are aware this lesson is all about survival. It is meant to teach you a very basic level of skills that will keep you alive if you ever need them, which in our line of work you eventually will. Make no mistake however as we are going to a very dangerous place, so there will be nobody to help us if anything goes wrong."<i></i> She couldn't help but grin as her explanation finally came to an end. The best way to establish an atmosphere was without a doubt by being a part of it. The teacher had a plan in her mind and she had to make sure it came to fruition, because otherwise it would be just a waste of time. " Alright then lets head out"<i></i> Her smile would disappear completely as she turned around and lead the way. "Oh yes. Feel free to ask any questions before we get to the village gates and before we get to the site I've picked out for the training"<i></i> She quickly added.

[I will be posting every 48 hours or as soon as both of you have posted]
[Round one:
Current Objectives - Follow the teacher; Ask any questions if any]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gasu immediately started to walk forward, eyes located onto the movement of the others. He asked "How long are we staying, this seems to be enough for a couple of days." He knew this was going to take a while, but he was wondering how he would get through the day, he was easily bored. Fortunately he already knew of animals in this location, white-breasted hawks, albino foxes, the works. If all goes well, he hopefully will get enough time to read the damned scroll he hid in his pocket. He watched to the sides, to the average life of people working, shopkeepers selling, and just children playing. He was going to miss all of this if he never comes back. He knew the teacher would protect them, but it sounded like the type to toss-you-in-the-deep-end-and-only-come-in-if-she-knows-you're-going-to-die type of teacher. He looked at the eyes of the girl near him, the other student. She looked, jittery, happy, excited. Gus sighed and then said to the air "I'm gonna die! This is going to be a fun trip."

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The pink haired girl would giggle with glee as a new student came along to join them. She was bouncing away on the balls of her feet waiting for orders to come her way, the new arrival seemed sheepish but that wasn’t something that would deter our little firecracker over here and she would respond to him energetically. “Hi! I’m Reishii. I can’t wait to get this all started, being a ninja is gonna be freaking awesome!” She stated loudly with a big grin on her face.

Soon after the introductions, the teacher would get right down to business, pulling off her own backpack and opening it, explaining the contents which Reishii paid attention to, coming closer and squatting down, looking at each item she pointed out and nodded along happily. With her soft yet unnerving giggling that seemed to happen as naturally and reflexively as breathing. “I’ve never gotten to go camping before and we get to hunt our own food!? This is gonna be crazy!” In her excitement she failed to notice the lack of bedding or tents but hell, the teacher knew what she was doing so why worry at all?

The march through the village would begin and the trio walked through the still bustling town, Reishii dashing ahead of the teacher and excitedly, clearly in a hurry for adventure, she’d be sure to stop before getting out of sight though and wait till they caught up, one time in particular she would toss out a question of her own and walk with them for a while as her curiosity was fed. “Are you going to teach us about what we should and shouldn’t eat and how to make traps and stuff?! Traps would be awesome! Maybe we can sleep in a tree too?!” She looked up bright eyed and innocent to the Sennin, you’d never guess that this girl had been involved in two house fires that took the lives of her parents and relatives, having only the scars on her face that seem to tell the tale, she quite liked them though, the scars that is. She claimed that they looked like a big, happy smile and that suited her just fine.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Yes I'll show you the basics of how to get food and what to avoid."<i></i> Uka replied without really saying anything else. It was a matter of building up the atmosphere for her plan. With every step they took the gates were coming closer and closer. It was only a matter of time till they arrived and one of the ANBU intercepted their path. He stood about 6 foot tall with absolutely no distinguishing features whatsoever. His voice was also a drone, no feelings or any way to tell him apart from anyone else. "Good Morning Miss Se-" Their teacher put her hand up, cutting him off before he could finish his sentence. "Good Morning to you too. I'd like to go and have a lesson in the Petrified Woods along with these two students."<i></i> The ANBU carefully looked at the two and then back to Uka herself. It took him a few moments before he replied. "I understand. You may proceed." Just as fast as he had appeared out of the shadows he just disappeared. "Okay then. Stick close to me until we get to our camp site."<i></i> She said and motioned for them to follow her.

It was a rather long trek to get to the Petrified Woods and then another good hour or two within the actual woods themselves before Uka finally stopped in a large open area. It was probably about fifteen meters by ten meters in size and had absolutely no trees nor any type of shrubs within, however there was one large rock right in the center. Moss covered most of it, but it wasn't the standard green colour, but rather grey as most of the surrounding forest was. As silence set in around them all sorts of sounds quickly started coming into focus. Screeches of birds, the sound of a large body of water, dripping water, wind through the leaves of something and quite a few which couldn’t quite be defined.

”Okay then. We are here.”<i></i> Uka finally turned around to face the two students. They had finally arrived and now it was time to begin. Any breaks would have to wait until later, because there was far too much to do right now. ”As I am sure you know this place is called the Petrified woods, which is a part of the concrete jungle. If you head to your right from here you will end up at the Great lakes, but I would advise against that. This place is dangerous and even if you aren’t scared of it you should. Many people have lost their lives here and quite a few were trained shinobi.”<i></i> She gave a brief explanation as her eyes carefully shifted between the two in front of her. ”The very first thing you need to consider when in such an environment is whether or not starting a fire would be a good idea. It would keep animals away most of the time, but it is likely to attract other things such as hostile shinobi if there were any nearby. To put it another way if you are getting pursued never, NEVER light a fire. So your first task will be to gather wood, which can actually be used to start a fire.”<i></i> It was a rather long explanation, but it was an important one and as for their task it was important to start easy and then move onto slightly more difficult things. You need to also be careful that you don’t end up walking into the territory of any animal while you do so and for now I suggest avoiding any plants you don’t know for sure as there are multiple poisonous species here. If you need me for anything I’ll be right here. Oh and be careful if you see scratch marks on trees and make sure you are aware of your surroundings at any time.”<i></i> The Sennin added quickly before retreating to the rock in the center and taking a seat on it.

[You have 48 hours before I post.]
[Objectives:
-Gather Firewood
-Avoid plants you don’t know
-Avoid animals if possible]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gasu looked around, fortunately since the forest was petrified most of the trees should be dead. He walked to the near by tree, and decided to open the scroll he brought with him, reading something, before putting it away. He slammed his foot down, ripping up a chunk of stone, and smashes it into a branch, doing enough damage to snap off a low hanging branch. He smiled, the power of chakra! He decided he would try not to "cheat" until he needed it, so he looked forward, noticing no trees with scratches. He grabbed the log like a little girl does to a teddy bear, dragging it along with him for about 20 feet, where he unearthed from a pit of leaves smaller sticks, and some twigs. He brought them back to the camp site, he didn't enjoy camping much but he knew how to find wood.

Gasu knew it was time to try something dumb, so while he was searching for wood he made a small orb of chakra, his control was much better, he didn't master it, but he could now form a actual orb of gentile chakra. He looked around, he spotted scratch marks, territory! He traveled further, spotting another tree marked. The marks were identical, this beast had a great deal of area to itself. Gus sighed, remembering what his teacher told him, so he lifted up another stone and broke another branch off a tree. He dragged the branch back, before tossing it into the pile. He looked to his teacher, but decided not to speak about the creature's markings. He plopped down by himself, lifting up the scroll, reading and waiting. He waited tell Reishii went by before saying "...Hey, forgot to mention earlier... i am Gasu, nice to meet you." before returning to his scroll, thinking "I am such a liar..."

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The pink headed girls emerald green eyes would be dancing around the forest as they were walking. She’d never once been outside of the village and it was all shiny and new to her, she’d be sure to stay within ten feet of the teacher but made sure she got herself some good sight-seeing done, after all she might not get a chance to leave the village for quite some time after this. The one thing that would catch her attention more so than anything else though was the silence and how quiet it was away from the bustling crowds of the village.

Before to long they would come to an opening and the two students would be given their first task, wood collecting! It seemed simple enough; they were surrounded by it after all. “Okie Dokie boss~ I’ll grab up some fine wood.” She’d say with a cute little salute and look to the other student with a grin, seems he was all ready for it to and went off to do his thing, it’d be faster if the both of them gathered wood after all, but there must be a good, fast way for her to get a bunch, right?

The girl giggled her lay just a little out of sight, treading happily but carefully through the brush as she looked for a likely looking tree. It didn’t take long for the girl to come across a multitude of trees, ripe with useful and burnable branches, also at the foot at some of the trees were bushes, almost bare save for a few leaves that surrounded clusters of white berries, they looked delicious! But the teacher had said to stay away for now. She’d pick a tree with no bush beneath it, a small and frail looking thing, couldn’t be more than ten inches thick and about eleven foot tall.

The girl would nod and grin happily. “Let’s do this!” She said out loud to herself. She closed her eyes and started to mould her chakra slowly like she’d been learning at the academy and with a tap of her foot the ground the tree was rooted into turned into loose pebbles “Gravel Shift.” She muttered and slowly it began to lean and fall down. Once at a point where it was close to the ground and she was in no danger of having it fall onto her, she moved to the exposed roots and began a second jutsu, “Sink Hole Fist!” She said loudly and struck the ground at the roots, kicking up debris and slashing at the roots to try and part them from the main body of the tree. It took her a good few attempts to free the tree and it completed it’s decent to the ground with a lack lustre thud. “Phew! That should do, but I could use a hand dragging this back! Since I am so tiny!” She giggled to herself and thought for a moment. “Well, I’ve not tried it since the class so it’ll probably suck but here goes!”

She thought for a moment, recalling the hand seals and started to perform a final jutsu. From the ground a brown, sticky blob began to emerge and surface right in front of the girl who was watching intently and before long, she was stood there with what looked to be a mud version of herself, a sticky blob with limbs, she hadn’t quite got the hang of making it look like her outside of the body shape, but it would work. “Okay, me let’s get this thing back!” and with that the two of them would take the tree and start to drag it, she was thankful for the help as dragging it through the forest floor made it harder than she’d expected. They’d emerge back in the camp before long though, Leishii giggling and breathing heavily as sweat run down her brow. “I think this should be enough, right?” She said upbeat, putting her hands on her waist and sticking her chest out triumphantly as the mud clone aped her movements just behind her.

After a moment of that she would fall back onto her bottom and sit on the ground as the clone started to decay and then popped, leaving a pile of mud just on the edge of the area. The other student seemed to be back with his wood and reading at some kind of scroll and he introduced himself, she’d not even realised he hadn’t at this point but smiled at him happily. “I’m Leishii! I hope we can get along, Gasu.” She said cheerily and then thought of something, looking back at her teacher. “I saw some weird berries back there, lots of em! I dunno is we can eat em or nit but they looked yummy!” She giggled.

[MFT - 805]

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[Can't seem to be able to write a decent post right now. Going to be posting tomorrow]

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When she asked them to bring wood and entire tree wasn’t quite what she was expecting. How on earth someone would think taking a whole tree for firewood was a good idea she just couldn’t figure out, but then again maybe it was only because of who did it. Reishii was quite the unique individual after all. ”Okay good job Gasu. Reishii for next time can you try bringing branches that have fallen off rather than the entire tree? It’s harder to carry and it won’t actually be usable in a fire.”<i></i> Uka said as she pushed herself off of the rock. ”As for the berries…one second”<i></i> The medic reached into one of the inner pockets of her coat and took out two rather small books, which she then handed to the students. They were titled ‘Edible wild plants and you’. She actually wanted to give those to them earlier, but they had completely slipped her mind. As a note for the next time she had to remember rather than leave it until now.”If you look them up there you should be able to figure out whether or not you can eat them, but just I case I do have enough medicine if you end up eating the wrong ones. As far as I am aware there shouldn’t be anything really deadly anywhere nearby”<i></i>

”I am going to assume that you both know how to work with matches, so I won’t really explain that.”<i></i> Uka carefully began building a small fire place with the branches Gasu had brought and a few dead ones from the tree Reishii had dragged over. It was a simple pyramidal shape with smaller sticks filling it in and a small piece of paper in the middle with one of its corners sticking out. ”Generally you want to make sure that it will light properly and you will have enough wood to keep it going for most of the night. As I mentioned before most animals will avoid a light fire, so generally you want it to keep burning for the entire night.”<i></i> It was a rather lengthy explanation, but hopefully they were both listening. ”You also need to make sure you don’t end up making the actual fire pit too big and there are no flammable objects nearby so as to avoid it spreading. You just get a feel for it after a while.”<i></i> The teacher stood up from her kneeling position above the now-built fire pit and carefully looked around the trees nearby until she finally pointed at one with a very large branch about two meters above the ground. The way the branch had grown out made it sturdy and had a large flat area around the tree trunk. ”As for a place to sleep I would honestly say it would be best to sleep near the fire, but if you prefer being off of the ground I would suggest a tree like that one over there. You can easily secure yourself to it.”<i></i> It was a simple concept really, but it needed to be mentioned for sure. Whether or not they cared was a different idea.

”Okay then let’s just wait till it gets a little darker then we can go hunting.”<i></i> The teacher nodded to herself as she performed a long chain of handseals, making sure both of them were watching her. As she finally finished the paper in the fire pit suddenly caught fire and in a matter of seconds the fire was burning away nicely. ”Oh and if you have a fire technique or two it just makes things a lot easier”<i></i>

”Now then let us go get some fish while we wait for nighfall.”<i></i> Uka smiled and gestured for the two to follow her as she headed towards the nearby river. It was a good fifteen to twenty minutes away, but it would pass by rather quickly. ”Do you two know how to fish or do you want me to show you?”<i></i>

[That moment when you have really bad writers block....]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gasu went to the large tree Reishii got, and ripped off a thick branch, and used lightning fist to splinter it into 3 long strips, and a clump of extra wood. Gasu then jogged to the fire, grabbing a small hand full of ash, and planting the ash in his bag. He planted the two strips in front of the girls, and he then placed his chakra in his feet, doing the classic tree run up the nearest red wood. He carried the long stick, but was slowed slightly from wind. He landed on a branch, where he spotted some water near by. He said "...Meet you guys there..." then leaped to the next tree, downwards like stairs, and then to the ground. He walked forward, using some non-combative ninjutsu to make a small clay boil. He scooped up water, put the ashes into the boil, and peeled off sheets of bark from the clump of wood. He peeled off the inner softer bark from the thick sheets, and placed it into the boil, heating it with a breath of flame.

Gasu was almost done, after a few minutes of off and on boiling, he got out the strips of warm bark and placed it on the ground. He used his flame again, heating off the water, drying off the strips of wood. He snickers, resting shortly to regain his chakra. He waited for the girls for a few seconds, and then decided "I didn't finish yet.. now i simply need to do this!" Gasu twisted the cord in opposite directions, and he did this for all three of his strips into thin, tough string. He calmly looked up his team and screamed "I MADE STRING!" He wrapped and knotted the line on the branch he made, and got a hook from his bag, looping the end of the string in it. He went to a near by fallen branch, shifting it over, and impaling a small insect. He was aiming for a beetle, but it moved away in time so he grabbed its lunch. He tossed the hook into the stream, waiting for a fish...

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hee hee, sorry~" She giggled, maybe her idea of a big bonfire was a little grandiose but this was her first time camping and she had such grand ideas of what she wanted to do. At least the tree provided some help though, since a lot if the branched were intact. The girl wouldn’t be disheartened though, she was learning and honestly was having fun, she would giggle softly to herself and nod along as the teacher spoke, looking up at the branch she pointed out, she did want to try sleeping in a tree, but was concerned that it may get cold during the night, only time would tell.

Upon receiving the teacher’s next instructions, Gasu went to work and Leishii simply watched as he smashed up a branch, handed the both of them a stick and started to basically head toward the water. The pink haired girl wouldn’t have minded dashing there herself but she found that she was more interested in the book that she’d been given, walking along with the teacher as she read it. “Hmmm, There are lots of white berries in here, some look the same too.” She’d say with her natural smile on her face. “I can’t wait to try some fishing though! I’ve never done it before so I don’t know how to do it properly, but I’m excited to learn!” She grinned. "and I have learnt some fire jutsu so I can cook them easily!"

Being able to be out of the village and just adventure was really exhilarating for the little ninja trainee, her world was being opened to new things and she was a little overwhelmed even if she didn’t show it. She was trying to take it all in her stride but the temptation to run off and set fire to a big clump of trees was big, she really wanted a bonfire.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[EDIT
As per this announcement http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=39187 This can no longer be considered a lesson, hence this is void.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back