Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A misunderstanding [AiT request]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
This would be the second time she has visited the reflective tower. Last time she came it was to perform a ritual that he clan requires of her before entering into the academy. This time she was coming to prepare for the next step in her journey. She had finally completed her long and rigorous trek through the academy and is about to embark on a new adventure. She desires to join the anbu branch so she may understand what it is to be ‘free’. Constantly she has been told how much her culture has been frown upon, now she what’s to see why. All of those people just don’t understand the culture she comes from. If they will not understand her, then she will go to understand them and the anbu will help her. The anbu will give her a new identity and while she wears that mask she will look at the world through their eyes.

She walk up to the desk in her usual maid attire, she owned nothing else. At the desk she rings the bell three times and waited for the receptionist. The receptionist arrives and it was not the same one as before. She looks her up and down and says, “We have been expecting you.” Shimete was a little surprised though she guesses it would not be too unusual since the sennin was at the exam. “Follow me.” The receptionist guides her to down the hallway and to a door that read: staff only. The Anbu interviewer must be a little paranoid to disguise the door.

Within she was met with a tall stern woman who glared at Shimete menacingly. “So you are the new recruit.” Shimete nods and the woman gave a snort. “You are still a child; you are too young.”

“Yes I am young, but I am well trained. Please let me prove myself.”

The woman looks at her again and sees a strong fire within Shimete’s eyes. Rarely has she met someone so dedicated. “Very well. We will see what you are made of.” She points a finger to a map used to show where a person goes in case of a fire. “I want you to go to this hall way and if there is not a speck of dust within an hour, you will pass.” Shimete jaw drops. She has heard of gennin getting menial tasks for missions, but she did not expect such a thing from the anbu branch. “Time’s a ticking. You better hurry up.”

Shimete runs to the hall and summons four of her puppets. Each puppet grabs a rag and begins dusting the area. Meanwhile at the reception desk a woman comes into the building. “Hello I’m the new maid.” The receptionist was a little puzzled for no one told her that there will be two new maids coming in today.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu had been in the Torre Celeste, taking care of a few things regarding his new position as the Vice Commander of the ANBU. Of course, a few people wanted to meet him now that he had this new position. He was still unused to the attention he had started getting. The amount of time taken up by meeting and talking to former strangers was staggering. He had probably taken more trips to the Torre Celeste in the few days past than he had in his lifetime. At least he was ready to leave now, he was thankful for that as he walked casually through the lobby towards the exits. Whenever he passed through it he couldn't help but remember the fight he had experienced in that very lobby. He and his ANBU companions, as well as one scrappy Genin, fought their way through waves of hired henchmen all the way to the top of the tower where they confronted the Raikage's uncle and rescued the hostages. Of course, the public was never made aware of ANBU's involvement. That was part of what it meant to be ANBU, he supposed.

As he passed the main desk, he couldn't help but overhear a bit of confusion taking place. A receptionist and a maid were talking, and it seemed there was a case of mistaken identity. Ayumu paused to listen. "You're the new maid? That's impossible, I just spoke with the new maid not fifteen minutes ago, she went in to see the supervisor," the receptionist said, causing a look of confusion upon the poor maid's face. "But.... they told me they hadn't hired anybody yet. This was going to be my big break, cleaning the Torre Celeste," the maid responded, sounding despondent. The receptionist continued, "No, you don't understand, we only had one girl coming in today for a tryout." Ayumu had heard enough, this sounded very suspicious. The Torre Celeste was the workplace of a lot of important people, and from the sounds of it some unknown person was wandering the halls now. 'This could be bad,' Ayumu thought as he approached the desk.

"Hey, where did this girl go?" Ayumu asked, interrupting their conversation. The receptionist had handled Ayumu's appointment in the Torre Celeste that day, so she knew who he was and eagerly complied. "I took her to the staff room, down the hall," she said, pointing towards the hall in question. Ayumu looked just in time to see a slightly panicked man running down the hallway. Spotting Ayumu's headband protector which was wrapped around his arm, the man ran up to Ayumu. "Th-there's a girl, down the hall and around the corner! Puppets!" he tried to explain, out of breath. Ayumu had heard of puppet users before, and had even fought one before. He had heard enough to know that this sounded quite bad.

Taking off running, he went down the hall following the sounds of commotion and passing worried looking staff members who pointed him in the direction of the puppet user. Within a minute, he was approaching the hallway in question. He stuck to the wall, approaching the corner to the hall and taking a peak around it to see what the fuss was about. A young girl was busying herself with controlling four puppets, just as reported, but something was off. The puppets each held rags and appeared to be... dusting. Ayumu blinked, watching in confusion. Deciding to inquire about what the girl was doing personally, he went around the corner coming out of hiding and walked up behind her.

"Excuse me, miss, but... what, exactly, are you doing?" he asked, glancing around at the puppets all diligently cleaning the hallway. This was clearly a shinobi, not a maid, so what was going on? Ayumu needed to get to the bottom of this. If she was a risk to the staff, the Sennins, or most importantly, the Raikage, he would have to take her down immediately. Somehow, however, he got the feeling she posed no threat to them.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete was a little startled form Ayumu’s sudden appearance witch made her jump, which was followed by the sound of something shattering. Shimete looks over to see that one of her puppets knocked over a vase. “Drats!” She immediately has her puppet start cleaning the mess. She recognizes the person talking to her; he sparred with her once when she was a student. “Ayumu, what a pleasant surprise. I‘m on a mission. I hear genin getting some mundane quests, but I never expected this from the Anbu.” Shimete has no idea that Ayumu is part of the Anbu branch. Either because he didn’t mention it in their last encounter or she simply forgot. “I mean seriously what does dusting have to do with becoming an Anbu anyways? Damn that asha'belannar” Shimete curses the staff supervisor in the ancient language of her clan and probably didn't want to know what it meant.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Shimete turned around, Ayumu was startled to find himself recognizing the Torre Celeste's supposed attacker. This was the one he had sparred with briefly along with her friend and Kahako. 'What was her name... Shimete,' he thought, taking a moment to recall their introductions. A vase shattering drew his attention briefly to one of her puppets before he returned it to Shimete, whom was beginning to explain what she was doing. 'A mission?' he thought, wondering what kind of mission this could possibly even be perceived as. Apparently, she thought she was on some sort of assignment for ANBU, but was almost certain she was not a member of ANBU herself. As she continued speaking, things became a little more clear. She was at the tower attempting to join the ANBU, and clearly there was some confusion on the receptionist's part as to why Shimete was there. She couldn't really be blamed for the mistake, considering Shimete's attire. Ayumu ran his fingers through his hair, sighing with a bit of exhasperation.

"Shimete... I think there's been a bit of a mix up here. You're not trying out to be an ANBU here," he whispered, glancing back over his shoulder at the stern woman Shimete had met earlier whom seemed to be glaring intensely at the broken face currently being swept up. "You're auditioning for a job as a maid for the Torre Celeste," he revealed, pointing to the actual maid who had come along with several others to find out what was going on. "Her job," he added, wondering just what that poor maid thought was going on here. She probably thought she had been replaced before she even had the chance to prove herself. 'Poor girl,' Ayumu thought, shaking his head. He turned to the small crowd that had gathered.

"Alright, everything's under control here... just a bit of a misunderstanding. Move along," he explained, shooing the crowd, literally waving them away with his hand. It took a minute of convincing to make them all leave, but soon it was just Ayumu and Shimete. He turned to her once more. "So, Shimete, you're interested in joining the ANBU, are you?" he asked, amused that even in her mishaps she had wound up in front of exactly the person she needed to see. "I may be able to help with that, come with me," he instructed her, heading to a nearby room and entering. He waited for Shimete to enter as well, then shut the door. Speeding through some familiar handseals, he cast the jutsu known as Black Blockade, constructing a barrier around the room. On the outside, it simply looked pitch black but the inside allowed a view of the outside through a gray tint.

"Bit of privacy. We ANBU like that sort of thing, you know?" he said, taking a seat at the table in the room and motioning for Shimete to do the same. "I'll be interviewing you today," he said, crossing his right left over his left knee. He waited for Shimete to take a seat before he would continue. Moro usually liked to do these things, but Ayumu knew that he was busy that day. He could do it himself.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
When Ayumu explains to her that she was in the mists of taking someone elses cleaning job, all she could say was: “What?” All of her puppets suddenly fall lifeless. Ayumu shoo the people away as Shimete tries to make sense of it all. Was it something she done on her part, but she did not say anything to the receptionist. To Shimete it felt as if a genjutsu was crumbling around her. All that she knew to be true was now a lie. When Ayumu asks her if she wanted to join the Anbu she nods while still a little dumbfounded by the whole situation. She follows Ayumu into the office and takes a seat. Now she will find out what a real Anbu interview is like.

Meanwhile just outside the tower. Kirito, her wolf companion, lies in the sun. Shimete decided not to take him to the interview in case it got intense. He might attack the interviewer out of protecting Shimete from danger. However he insists on keeping in range of the telepathic link, which did cause Kirito to move around. How's it going in there you haven't said anything since you entered.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Observing Shimete as she sat down, she still seemed a bit dumbfounded by the whole situation. He couldn't blame her, considering how she had wound up in this room. She had been auditioning to be a maid only minutes ago, though she had been oblivious to that fact. Now she was sitting in a room surrounded by a black barrier that was barring anybody from entering or leaving. It could be a bit much to take in. Leaning back in his chair, Ayumu began to wonder exactly how he should interview the girl. Technically he could obtain her file and learn much that way, but it was better to hear it from her. He thought back to the interview he had with Santaru Rin, supposing something like that would be most appropriate. He had a feeling he'd be looking to her practices for guidance quite often. The first thing she had done was to ask him about himself, but she had also opened herself up to questions.

"Well, Shimete, why don't we start by having you tell me about yourself," he said, recalling how Rin had asked him the same. He remembered his responses, too. He was a bit nervous, but he tried to be honest- sometimes too honest as was one of his weaknesses. The other thing that he found surprising was that she opened herself up to questions. Perhaps it was to make him more at ease. He considered this, but decided against it. At the time he was interviewed, he had already been accepted in to the AiT because there had been no time for a pre-interview. He was already privy to some secrets. Perhaps after he decided, if he decided, that she would join the trainee program, he could open himself up to some questions.

"I'm talking about personal history, that sort of thing," he specified, in case she didn't know what he meant. Of course, he was also curious about her combat abilities, but they had to start somewhere. He had a brief duel with her and her friend or whoever Kazuma was to her, but it didn't reveal much to him. That information would come later.

[OoC: I thought I should probably say, I don't think there's anything in the Inuzuka bloodline about speaking telepathically to your pet. It mentions barking, words, and body gestures, not telepathy.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ayumu asked her to reveal her life story which is quite a huge request. Where should she begin her tale? She places a hand below her right blue eye. “Let's begin with this. My father gave me this eye using a ritual that has not been practiced in centuries. It is my blessing and my curse. This is the reason I am alone in my own clan and the reason I have formed a pack with wolves. I lost my parents due to this eye, but have gained more brothers and sisters than I could possibly imagine. I am a Fen'len; a child of Moro, the wolf goddess of the hunt.” The clan fears her for Moro was a great demon. It was only because of the wishes of the elder that she is still alive. “I'm also a child born into a servant clan. I am a proud handmaiden of Kazuma, the next head in the Tsubaki clan. I have serve diligently to my master and now I desire to serve my village just as diligent.”

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu listened as Shimete began to tell him a bit about her history. She began by speaking of her eye, which was a different color than the other. Apparently this was more than heterochromia, which was surprisingly common in the shinobi world for whatever reason. Apparently she had gained the eye through a ritual. At first, Ayumu's mind jumped to the many types of Doujutsu that existed. Clearly it was no Sharingan or Rinnegan, he had seen and read of those eyes while training to become an ANBU. This one was unique, it seemed. She went on to say that the eye led her to form a pack with wolves. That was a bit unusual, of course, but to be fair most shinobi were unusual. Her bond with wolves, particularly the one he had met back in the forest, led him to believe she was linked somehow with the Inuzuka bloodline. He didn't know who or what Moro was, though he was amused that it had the same name as the Regent Commander. His only guess was that the wolf had some sort of connection with demons, which wasn't particularly unusual in Kumogakure.

The next part was a bit unexpected for Ayumu, though he supposed to explained the clothing she wore. Kazuma was the name of the other kid that had participated in the brief spar when they first met. Apparently she was a servant to him, whatever that entailed. That was a slight matter for concern. "Whatever obligations you may have to the Tsubaki clan, you must understand that your obligations to the village and ANBU would come first, if you were to join. Would that be a problem for you?" he asked, his expression becoming much more serious. He understood that she probably felt a sense of duty to the Tsubaki clan and Kazuma, but joining the ANBU was not something you could be half committed to. It had to take priority over everything. There could never be doubt where her loyalties would lie.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
If only she knew what Ayumu was thinking as she told her unusual story. Oh the things she would tell him. Her eye is a Doujutsu indeed for it allows her to see things most people cannot. However it does not resemble a known Doujutsu at its current stage. Her eye was on its second stage of development, but at the final stage she will have the power that equal to the Huga’s. Was she connected to the Inuzuka bloodline? Because the origins of the bloodline are unknown, it is hard to say. She might be some sort of off shoot. As for Moro being connected with demon; that was a definite yes. Her clan fears her for Moro is seen as a demon goddess. It was just conquincidence that the Anbu commander had the same name. As for the question Shimete had to think about it. What was the likely hood that her loyalties would cross? The Tsubaki clan is a clan of nobles who believe in honor. Anyone in the clan that is viewed as an enemy to the village is not protected by the oath Shimete has taken. So unless the Anbu wishes to extinguish the entire clan there should be no problems. “No, it shouldn’t”

[I'm aiming for the Byakugan implant kinjutsu, by having her one eye slowly develop into Byakugan rather than surgically implanted.]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu considered the information he had gathered thus far, trying to piece together his image of Shimete with what he already knew. She was an orphan, her parents killed as a result of the powers that her father gave her through an eye. That was grounds for some psychological issues, he had to admit. She seemed well adjusted enough, but he had to keep in mind that such problems weren't always readily apparent. That would have to be something taken note of in her file to keep an eye on. She was also granted some power by an entity known as Moro, possibly a demon. Another thing to keep an eye on. She had called it a goddess, which meant she was at least somewhat religious, another thing to take note of. Finally, she was a servant to someone meaning she was devoted to them, another tidbit of information that could be important. He had a decent picture of some important aspects of her life now, he would pull her file later to learn more.

Now that he knew a bit about her personally, he needed to know what she was capable of in combat. Of course, through their brief spar he had learned that she had some skill in Taijutsu and working with a partner in combat. He knew she was an Inuzuka, one who naturally excelled at Taijutsu due to their claws. He had not seen her use puppets for anything other than cleaning, however. Could she truly control them in a combat situation? "Next I want you to tell me about how you fight. Do you excel in Taijutsu? Ninjutsu? What is your best skill? How do you mainly fight? What are your weaknesses? How have you adapted to your bloodline since we met last?" he asked in a series of questions. This information was important for him to know, but he also needed to know that she was well aware of what her strengths as well as her weaknesses were. Both were important.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Now the interview was switching gears from personal history to combat capabilities. “As you are well aware I excel in tiajutsu and possess an uncanny ability to discern what is a real person and what is a clone. I’m also pretty good tracker using both visual and…” She had to think for a moment; what be the appropriate term for smell. “…Olfactory sense enhancements. I can see and smell things very well, which serves as both strength and weakness. A good sense of smell is not always a good thing.” She’ll leave how to his imagination. “I mainly fight hand to hand, but I am currently learning how to puppeteer. Eventual I plan to puppeteer weapons, thus allowing me to throw punches at a distance. As for bloodline, I think I adapted to it pretty well. Though Kirito tells me have a lot more to learn.”

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu listened as she began explaining her abilities. She started off speaking of her ability with Taijutsu which he had experienced first hand in their spar. She was definitely at or above average for her rank, considering she was only just starting out as a Genin. He had also noticed that she was able to pick the true him from his clone, though it wouldn't always be fool-proof in a real battle. Of course, being an Inuzuka made her a good tracker by default given that she had the nose of a canine more or less. Her wolf companion would likely also be able to aid in tracking with it's natural abilities. She made a joke about her sense of smell not always being pleasant and he chuckled lightly. He guessed the first few days of that ability came with mixed experiences.

She went on to speak of her dabbling in puppetry as well as adapting to her bloodline. Of course, there was a lot to learn with her bloodline as her companion said. Such things always took time to fully develop. It sounded as though she was a quite versatile fighter, but she had neglected to answer one of his questions. She had made a joking reference to the "weakness" of her sense of smell, but his was a serious question. Knowing your own weaknesses was very important so that you could cover them and adapt.

"All good, but, I do need you to answer my question of your weaknesses. I need to know that you know them. If you don't know them yourself, they are all the easier to exploit," he said, hoping to make her think about the question seriously.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete was indeed a versatile fighter for she has dabbled in many of the shinobi arts. Genjutsu and ninjutsu she may not be as strong in as tiajutsu, but they are fair for her age. She was a well-rounded student, but what is her weakness. What about her could be exploited? What would lead to her defeat? She has spent her entire life either by Kazuma’s side or Kirito’s. She depends on them for as most orphans she is afraid to be alone. “We Nigiri are trained to be able to fight alongside our masters. I don’t know how to fight by myself. For as long as I can remember, all my trainings, duals and classes were alongside either Kazuma or Kirito. I am partner dependent. I try to adapt to my weakness using puppets, but it’s not the same.” Shimete was an excellent team worker, but lacked independence, which may not be surprising for one of a servant clan.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fortunately, Ayumu was able to coax Shimete to give him the information he wanted. He was glad to see that she was aware of some of her weaknesses, though probably not all. It was a start. Even he was surely not aware of all of his weaknesses, but the more you knew the better you could cover them. Her particular weakness was an interesting one. She was accustomed to fighting alongside a partner and thus had difficulties with fighting alone. Fortunately for her, she had a wolf for a companion that would surely follow her in to battle, but that was not enough to say that she was fine. "Well, while ANBU do often work in teams, there are the occasional solo missions. Of course, as your companion, Kirito would be able to accompany you on missions after we're sure he's ready for them, you'll still need to improve your solo fighting ability. If you would need to enter an area without Kirito, or if he were to be incapacitated one way or another, you wouldn't want to be useless without him," he responded, probably stating what she already knew.

For now they needed to finish this interview up. Ayumu had nearly gained all the information he needed to make a decision. There was one more question that Rin asked of him in his interview. Perhaps it was the most important of all. "Why did you come here? Why do you want to join ANBU? What motivates you to join what is most likely the most dangerous and least appreciated of branches?" he asked, sitting back in his chair and folding his hands together in his lap. He watched her carefully, not only wanting to know the answer but see in her eyes that it was genuine.

[OoC: I want to remind you of this topic: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=229&t=4769&start=15 - Might as well conclude it, perhaps have Kazuma help her go home.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete gives and deep sigh for she knew this question was going to come up. The truthful answer she had was probably not the answer he was looking for. “I wish for a new identity. When I put on that mask I will be a new person. I can view the world as you do outside the services to the Tsubaki clan. Maybe then I will see why our culture is so frown upon.” Such selfish reasons she has. She should be joining out of honor and duty to the village; to gladly serve as the hand of order and justice. Such motives were unfit for one of the Nigiri clan, but that is her desire. She makes it sound so lovely, but Ayumu would most likely tell that it is not a pleasant view. As Anbu she will see many ugly sights far more than any other, but she is still willing to go just the same. She desires change of perspective and this path will certainly do that.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Giving a truthful answer was always going to be better than trying to bullshit Ayumu. This answer didn't make her seem like she was fanatically devoted to the ANBU, but it was truthful and he had no reason to doubt what she was saying. If the will behind the reason was resolute enough, it didn't have to be a frilly, honorable reason. As long as she was without doubt, that was enough. Ayumu decided that he had asked enough questions. Other things could be found in her file. She had convinced him that she was deserving of a chance, but he had one more thing to say.

"Very well, you will have your chance to prove yourself if you wish. I have to warn you, as I was warned: This won't be a walk in the park. If you fail, you're out, and there are no second chances. Death is a fair possibility. Not everyone even makes it through their time as a trainee, and it only gets more dangerous. Are you sure?" Ayumu said, standing up and adopting a very serious expression. If she could accept this, then he would officially grant her status as a trainee.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete understood the risks and she was willing to join anyways. She just hopes she can prove worthy enough to get into the anbu. “I understand and shall not fail you, sir.” She then gives Ayumu a salute, which might have been a little weird. Did the anbu salute? They were exactly military, but acted a little like one.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed that she understood, from her words and the look of resolve on her face. She even added a salute, possibly the first time somebody had saluted Ayumu as a superior officer. He grinned slightly in amusement and stood up. "Well then, Shimete, welcome to the trainee program. Remember that our branch is not one that advertises its membership freely. That's why we wear masks. As far as anybody but fellow ANBU should be concerned, you're still a Genin. Of course, as you rise in our ranks your position that the world sees will also rise, but let's not get ahead of ourselves," he said, heading towards the door, or where it had been. They were still surrounded by the black barrier at the moment.

"Now, let's go. I'll lead you to the Sileo Tempestas and get you access, then we'll get you officially registered and issued your equipment and blank mask," he said, reaching for the barrier. It disbanded as his hand neared allowing him access to the doorknob. He opened the door and walked through, leaving it ajar for Shimete. "Come along~" he said, heading down the hallway toward the lobby. The receptionist and a few of the staff members would give them odd looks on the way out, but none knew why Shimete had truly come there, which was good. Ayumu would take Shimete to the Sileo Tempestas, home of the ANBU, to receive her tattoo which granted entrance as well as her new gear.

[Topic Left - You're now an AiT! Head here and request your new banner. Also recall the "class" taking place in the Sileo Tempestas is open to you and I encourage you to join.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete follows Ayumu out Torre Celeste to the Sileo Tempestas to get her stuff as an Anbu in training. Before exiting however she walks over to the maid and apologies for almost taking her job accidentally. She aslo told the receptionist that she should not jump to conclusions. She then runs over to catch up with Ayumu.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back