Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open A Mournful Melody

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Clouds cover the sky, heavy and gray, pouring out their contents over the gathered crowd at this small sector of the Aburame Clan's housing. Almost as though the sky is crying along with those in attendance. Kiriyomi stands at the back of the courtyard, his nest of hair plastered to his face. He stares blankly at the family and friends mingling in the area, all dressed in black. How could this have happened? He was just out with Akio, having the best day ever, and now his world had come crashing down around him. Even Kohara, normally riled up, is subdued on the boy's shoulder and has his head lowered out of respect. His mother, Sumiwa, lets out a heart wrenching wail and falls to her knees. The gathered Aburame and others all flock towards her, as her son just turns away and walks towards the forest bordering their home.

"I don't understand... Otosan, you were supposed to come home. You said so yourself, that you would be home in time for dinner. Why did you lie to us? This job was supposed to be safe. Patrolling the village is just routine, right? So WHY was there a rogue sneaking in? You should have called for help instead of trying to fend them off yourself. That's one of the first things that you and Okasan taught me. Never try to handle things by yourself; there are always people around to support you, so lean on them in times of need. Now you're gone. Just like that." Kohara lifts his head at the change in Kiriyomi's tone, shifting from sadness to anger. He had never seen his host like this before. The Aburame boy was a kind and gentle soul, he had never lifted a finger in anger against anyone. Where had all this rage come from? The ant looks around, hoping to find someone to help comfort Kiri.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
1681581523120.png

Keniwa had been told by his mother of the unfortunate event that had transpired within the Aburame Clan. He would have arrived at the funeral with his mother, however due to his father's strict rulership over their household it was an impossibility for her to attend such a public event. "Keni, make sure to send my regards to their family okay sweetie? Mommy can't go but you make sure you pay our respects in my stead. And here, I got you this to wear for now and other saddening times such as this." Keniwa had been wearing a much more formal outfit in comparison to his normal attire, for the event. 'I am only wearing this because mom told me to... shorts are far more maneuverable.' Keniwa thought.

He arrived at the Aburame Clan's housing as he saw several of their friends and families mourning the loss of their loved one. He noticed a few of his peers from school and most notably Kiriyomi. Keniwa contemplated how he must be feeling, he feared death however others deaths did not affect him so much. He was watching Kiriyomi as he thought, trying to almost analyse him, his keen eye sight didn't allow him to lose Kiriyomi in the crowd. He watched as Kiriyomi made his way in to the forest outside of the complex, quickly following after him. This actually wasn't the first time he had seen Kiriyomi run away in to the forest in times of distress, however Akio followed after him. Akio was good with these kind of things, always there caring for others, so Keniwa thought of what he would do to help.

He stealthily snuck around the trees as he followed Kiriyomi watching as he spoke from behind a tree. Before appearing behind Kiriyomi as he put his hand on their shoulder much more softly than he once did with Akio, learning from his past mistake. "Im sorry for your loss Kiriyomi, everyone makes mistakes.. however it does not define who they are." He held a small smile in an attempt to comfort Kiriyomi when he would turn around.​

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
A young Senju's eyes were downcast, staring at the wet ground as he and his grandfather found their way to the last place anyone wanted to be in Konohagakure, a funeral mourning the loss of one taken before his time. Akio and his grandfather Itsuki were both dressed in black ceremonial robes befitting a shinobi funeral, their usually smiling faces both wearing an expression of somber stoicism. As the two arrived, Akio scanned over the people who were gathering nearby. He saw Kiri's family and friends, but the young Senju's eyes linger on Kiriyomi's mother, the late Aburame Satsu's wife. She wailed mournfully, so much grief in her voice that it made Akio's chest ache and eyes screw shut from the reverberations of empathy that coursed through him. Then, when he finally reopened his usually bright greens, he saw Kiriyomi run off into the woods. Akio's eyes poured tiny rivers down his face that mixed into the rain that fell upon that funeral ground. 'Why...? How can something like this happen to somebody so kind?' None of it made sense.

Akio's legs tensed as he prepared to run off after him, but he felt Grandpa Itsuki's hand fall onto his shoulder. The elderly man's palm felt steady and calming and Itsuki looked down at Akio and said softly, "Akio, listen to me closely. This life is short, fleeting. Days like today we are reminded of the fact that... We are all just passing through this world. So all the people you know that you love or care about... Show them. Tell them. And live your days like you really mean it." Akio looked up at his grandfather and wiped the water from his face, nodding through his tensed and frowning face. "I love you grampa. Thank you. I... I've gotta go." The boy said, his eyes still welling with tears. Itsuki simply nodded down to the boy, stepping forward to speak to Kiriyomi's mother as Akio dashed off towards the woods.

"There is nothing I can say that will make this hurt less, Aburame-san. Words do not suffice. But... There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. It is more than clear that you loved Satsu-san. That love does not die with him." Senju Itsuki said with somber compassion, his wrinkled hand falling on the mourning mother's shoulder.

Meanwhile, despite all the training he'd endured in recent days, despite his shinobi stamina, Akio's legs hurt and ached as he raced towards the forest-line after Kiriyomi. He felt the weight of all the emotion that poured out around him. It was a price for the intense empathy that the young Senju always carried with him. When he finally arrived, he saw Keni with his hand on Kiriyomi's shoulder as the young Aburame boy held a deep-seeded anger on his face. It was an expression that he'd never seen his kind-hearted young friend hold before. It brought those streaming tears right back to Akio's compassionate eyes. "Kiri... I... I'm here for you." The sorrowful young Senju spoke. He knew that words didn't mean a thing, but maybe the grief the young Aburame felt would be easier to bear when the burden could be shared. He nodded at Keni with gratitude that the young Kyoujouran had shown his caring nature as well, then Akio stepped forward and just wrapped Kiri into a hug, his little chest shuddering as he sobbed for his friend's sadness and loss.

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Aburame Suniwa was surrounded by family and friends when an older man stepped forward to speak to her. At his words, and a kind hand falling to her shoulder, she looks up towards him. "I... I'm sorry, but are you from the Senju Clan? How did you know Satsu? Also thank you, your words mean a lot to me. Satsu always said that tears held power as well." She sniffles and wipes at her tears, a watery smile on her face as she embraces Itsuki. As she pulls back, she looks around for her son. "Where is Kiriyomi?! Has anyone seen him?"

Back in the forest, Kiriyomi's eyes are blazing as he hears Keniwa's words. Within an instant, Akio finds himself hugging nothing as a small branch falls between his arms and Kiri rushes forward from off to the side of the two boys. Shoving Keniwa into a tree, he grips the Kyoujouran's arms tightly as his Kikai begin to swarm down his arms, pausing just before they touch the other boy. "What do you know of mistakes? You're just a child! If that other shinobi hadn't let him alone, Otosan would be here right now! So I don't want your empty gestures and words. Just leave me the hell alone!" Turning his glare to Akio, the boy's eyes soften a little bit as he remembers the day they had spent together.

"It happened that day... when we were out of the village together. You took me out there to do what? Look for animals?! I should have been here, to at least be able to say goodbye to my father! It's your fault that I never got to tell him that I loved him before he left!" Angry tears begin streaming down his face, eyes burning with a newfound rage. He releases Keniwa and turns to move further into the forest. "Both of you just leave me and my family alone. I don't know why you bothered to come, because I don't remember ever asking you to be here. So go. You're not welcome here anymore."

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Hoshirei heard about Kiriyomi's father going down, she knew she needed to be at that funeral for a couple of reasons. She wanted to make sure her student was as okay as he could be in this circumstance and if she got a chance to ask Satsu what happened just before he died then all the better. She wore her hair in her usual loose braids and dressed in a black dress, her hitai-ate around her waist and flak vest on for once. She arrived at the funeral in time to see an older man comforting who she assumed was Kiriyomi's mom. He looked like a Senju, so it was incredibly likely for Akio to be around here as well. She could only hope the well of positivity known as Akio would help soothe his friend, but she knew that sometimes positivity can be difficult to stomach. In fact, she just caught sight of his blonde head dashing off into the forest. It has been a couple of years now since her mother committed suicide and her ghostly father passed on to the next realm so the ache of losing a parent still hit her at times.

She was looking around for Satsu's spirit when Kiriyomi's mom asked if anyone had seen her son. She sedately walked over to Suniwa and let her know she saw one of Kiriyomi's friends head into the forest and that she would follow him. She also promised to make sure he came home. Hoshirei would then head off into the woods following the trail of three sets of footprints. As she got closer, she heard a raised voice which she recognized as the young Aburame. She reached the little trio as Kiriyomi turned tear-filled eyes to Akio and blamed him for the young man's inability to say a true goodbye. The young boy released Keniwa and turned to go further into the forest. Hoshirei couldn't let the boy disappear just yet. She had promised his mother that she'd get the boy home as well and she didn't break a promise. Hoshirei moved invisibly around the trio to stand in front of Kiriyomi and noticed something that softened her heart a bit. There he was, the ghost of Satsu, attempting to soothe his irate son. She brought herself out of the spirit plane and back fully onto the plane of the living, but she kept one hand intangible so she could place one hand on Satsu's shoulder, the position of her hand making it obvious that she was holding onto something.

"I believe, young Kiriyomi, that someone has something they would like to tell you," she said seriously, ready to repeat back to him whatever his father wanted to tell him.

WC: 455

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Itsuki's ancient and wrinkled face held a compassionate and somber expression at the pain of the newly widowed woman. It was clear that he was empathetic and even more so that this was one of many funerals he'd seen in his long years serving Konohagakure. "Yes Suniwa-san... I am of the Senju clan. My name is Senju Itsuki. Getting as old as I am, you come to know many people. I remember when Satsu was just a boy... He was a kind and emotionally intelligent young man. One not unlike your Kiriyomi..." Itsuki answered respectfully, his tone slow and gentle. "It seems to me that they share that compassionate nature. He and my grandson Akio appear to have become fast friends. And though he can be a bit dim-witted at times, I believe him a good judge of character. As for where they are, Hoshirei-san is correct. Akio took off after Kiriyomi when he ran into the woods. I'm certain they'll soon be back safe in her capable hands." The old man's words came out soft-spoken and kind, a somber smile hanging on his aged face. It was clear that old Itsuki wished nothing more than to bring the grieving widow a little comfort, to take her mind back to happier times.

Meanwhile, in the forest Akio found himself clutching onto a branch instead of his sorrowful friend. This wasn't the first time that Akio could be found hugging a tree, but it was clear as day that Kiriyomi's sudden escape as well as the aggressive expression that followed it caught the young Senju boy off-guard. Lashing out, Kiri's words were like whips. They dug in deep and it became increasingly obvious in the wincing face of guilt that young Akio wore. "I... I'm sorry Kiri..." Akio whined quietly, his voice breaking into a high pitch as he began to sob. And as Kiriyomi sprinted off, deeper into the forest, Akio called out a tearful apology behind him. "I'm sorry!!" Instinctually, he tensed his legs and sought to run after his grieving friend, but soon felt a hand on his shoulder, steady as stone, as Keniwa held him back. "I'M SORRY KIRIII!!!" Akio cried out one more time, his eyes screwing shut as he fell to his knees, left in the despondent Aburame child's wake.

[MFT .:. 384 Words]

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
"Itsuki-sama... Yes, I remember Satsu mentioning you before. I'm so sorry that we have never met before. You can imagine how busy your life becomes after having a child, and after leaving the medical branch I began to teach younger children. So my hands were almost always full. I am so happy that your grandson has made a friend of my little boy. We were always fearful that he wouldn't be able to make friends, because his father's kekkei genkai put off many of the other children. I just hope that Akio is able to get through to Kiriyomi, he's been very subdued today." Suniwa offers Itsuki a kind smile, relieved that someone was talking to her as a normal person rather than as a grieving widow. While she appreciated all of the people gathered to ensure that she was okay, it was nice to be treated like a normal person amidst all of the chaos.

Back in the forest, Kiriyomi was dashing away from his friends when he was startled by Hoshirei appearing out of nowhere. "I'm sorry Sensei, but now is not the time. I just want to be left alone, if you don't mind." As he moved to step around her, she said that there was someone that would like to talk to him. He looked around in confusion, noticing that one of her hands appeared to be gripping something. "I don't know what kind of trick you're trying to play..."

Satsu looks at the hand on his shoulder in surprise, looking closely at Hoshirei. "You can see me... You must be one of the rumored Ghost Walkers. I hadn't realized we had one in the village... Thank you. Kiriyomi, I am sorry. I didn't intend for things to end this way. Please don't be angry at Seirei-san. They couldn't have known that leaving for a moment would result in this. I called for help, but it didn't matter. The first thing that the enemy did was use a jutsu to destroy my headset, so I was left alone. Rather than let them run through the village, possibly harming others, I decided to fight back. There wasn't a moment that I didn't think of you and your mother's safety. I was doing everything for you, to keep you safe. Remember what I always told you, that your tears hold power. Don't hold them in, let them flow freely. Allow them to empower you, and never apologize for them. Don't push your friends away, it was not their fault for what happened. Lean on them for support when you feel weak, and lift them up in return. This anger is not like you, please don't let it consume your world. I love you."

Kiriyomi freezes in his tracks as he had begun to walk away from his teacher, her words piercing his heart and tears began welling in his eyes. "Sensei, I don't know how you know all of that, but thank you. I'm not angry at Seirei-sama, nor at Oto-san. I'm angry at myself and this villain who took my father away! If I had been home in time to see him off, perhaps I could have delayed him for a moment and he wouldn't have been there in the first place! Just one second later and he would still be alive! I can't forgive myself or the person who took his life! I swear on my own life, I will hunt down his murderer and bring them to justice." The boy turns to walk away again, but instead collapses to the ground, tears pouring down his cheeks as sobs wrack his body. He was so weak, he couldn't do anything. He had to get stronger, to hunt down this person who had taken his father from him. He would make them pay,.

MFT: 634

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa in his few weeks at the academy and the few days of him interacting more with his classmates, he has realised that responding with violence was never a good idea. He allowed Kiriyomi to push him in to the tree, he was getting all of his feelings out, his father had just died. Keniwa had seen many deaths throughout his childhood and grieving parents who had lost their child. As Kiriyomi gripped tighter on his arms Keniwa had a gentle smile resting on his face. 'It's okay Kiriyomi, i understand.' he wished he could say it however it would perhaps only make him angrier. He didn't experience any pain in this moment, not through activating his Tetsukawa, not struggling he allowed it to happen. He only pitied Kiriyomi. Getting pushed in to the tree again he would stand there and watch as Kiriyomi ran away further in the forest with a solemn look on his face. His eyes fixated on Kiriyomi, yet he did not follow him, not even a thought of it. Not once, but twice, this similar scenario had transpired and what he knew best was to allow people to go.

His attention shifted at Akio as he let out a small whimper "I... I'm sorry Kiri..." He witnessed Akio almost springing towards Kiriyomi about to chase after him, so Keniwa with all he could, swiftly yet with a gentle touch grasped Akios shoulder. As he fell to the floor he kept his hand on his shoulder, comfort wasn't his speciality but he knelt beside him with his hand still on his shoulder. "Akio, come on let's go my mum made me lunch to bring and she put in an Anpan we can split it." He helped Akio get up and gazed longingly in the direction which Kiriyomi disappeared.

MFT: 301

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei gave a slight squeeze to Satsu's shoulder before letting it go. If he had any other messages, she'd pass them along, but for right now, she needed to concentrate on the living person in front of her. She watched as the boy staggered a few steps away before falling to the ground. She allowed his angry words to sink in and took a deep breath. The Isaki clan head walked forward and knelt next to Kiri. She placed a hand on his back between his shoulder blades. She let him cry for a few moments as she thought about what she could possibly say to the grieving young man.

"I know a little of what you are feeling right now. A little over two years ago I came home and found my mother's body. After going through her things, it was clear to me that she had died to protect me, though I did not understand why. I was strong and she knew it, but she still felt she had to protect me. I was angry with her, with myself. Maybe I could have talked her out of taking her life if I had been home that day. Maybe if she trusted me I could have prevented her death. It hurt. It still hurts sometimes and she's been gone for almost four years.

Her death changed me. I couldn't rely on her for companionship anymore. I had to learn to rely more on the living than the dead as my father passed on the same day. It took some time, but I discovered the author of the letter that was the impetus of my mother's decision. He was an elder in my clan. I grew into myself and my powers as the clan head. He thought to control from the shadows and when he realized he couldn't do that, he tried to kill me. I was strong enough to fight off my attackers and now he can no longer manipulate anyone,"
she paused in her storytelling to look at Kiri. She then maneuvered so she was kneeling in front of him rather than beside him. She would reach under his chin and attempt to lift his face so he could look her in the eye. If he did, he would see the seriousness in her yellow eyes as she continued to speak.

"I will not tell you that you cannot have your revenge. I will, however, caution you to not allow it to consume you. Grow in strength to honor your father and yourself. Make connections here in the village with people who will have your back. By all means, assist in the investigation and eventually the hunt for your father's killer. If you would allow me, I will assist you. Let me help you get stronger."

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi's sobs stop as he listens to Hoshirei share her story of grief and loss as well, and he looks up at her through blurry eyes. "But Sensei... If I don't hold onto the anger, I feel like I'm just going to fall apart and drift away into a sea of nothing. There's this giant hole in my chest, and I'm afraid that it's going to swallow me whole. The only thing keeping me going is the thought of revenge on the person that took my father's life. It gives me a purpose, something to move towards. I would greatly appreciate your help, of course, but I don't know that I have any friends. After the way that I treated them earlier, they probably want nothing to do with me anymore." Kiri wipes his eyes on his sleeve, standing up and brushing wet leaves and mud from his pants. Waves of emotions pass over his face, shifting between sorrow and anger, finally settling somewhere in between. The boy turns back towards the house, slowly making his way back to the gathered crowd and his waiting mother.

"Kiriyomi! There you are, I was wondering where you had went! Your friends went looking for you, but when they came back without you, I was worried sick. I can't lose you too! You have to be more careful!" Suniwa rushes over and gathers up her son in her arms, sobbing as she smooths his hair away from his face and kisses his forehead. She looks up through her tears to Hoshirei and gives a weak smile. "I'm not sure what you said to bring him back, but thank you. I don't feel that these woods are safe anymore, and I don't want him wandering around by himself. I don't know that I want him to continue at the Academy, at this point... I couldn't bear to lose him like that."

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Watching Kiriyomi dash off, Akio's mind was tearing at itself. The young Senju grit his teeth, looking down as his tears fell to the forest floor below he was wracked with guilt and regret. 'It's all my fault...' The words echoed in his thoughts, unrelentingly ripping at his subconscious. 'If it wasn't for me... Kiri would've been able to say goodbye...' The inner monologue was so prevalent that Akio barely heard his friend Keniwa's words. "I... I'm not hungry Keni..." He uttered quietly, more responding out of instinct than cognizance.

However as he knelt, plagued by self-defeating thoughts, Akio's conscience wouldn't let him feel sorry for himself. The sorrow he felt for his friend trumped that by miles. Clenching his hands into fists, Akio stood back to his feet and looked at Keni's sympathetic expression. "No... We need to be here for Kiri. Even if he doesn't want it..." The young Senju said with a determination in his eyes. "Because that's what friends do." As Keniwa nodded in agreement, Akio and his Kyoujouran friend headed back to the funeral ground to await Kiriyomi's return.

Grandpa Itsuki simply nodded toward the two youngsters as they returned and approached the main setting for the funeral, but his eyebrow quirked as he had not seen Kiriyomi return yet. Finally, not long after, the previously enraged Aburame returned, his anger seemingly somewhat cooled. Akio meanwhile, waited patiently as Suniwa wrapped her son up in a tender embrace and proceeded to thank Hoshirei. However, as she expressed her fear-stricken thoughts of not letting Kiriyomi continue at the academy, Akio's eyes went wide. "You can't! Kiri's my best friend and he's going to be a great ninja someday!" He exclaimed, unable to contain his overflowing emotional state.

Itsuki grabbed Akio's shoulder with a quickness that belied his age and said, "Quiet boy." His tone was serious and extremely stern, one that Akio had only heard a handful of times come from his grandfather's mouth. Itsuki's words quickly shut the boy up, however he looked up at the man with pleading eyes. The Senju elder then looked towards Suniwa with an expression of sympathy and began to speak softly and gently. Yet, there was a commitment to his words that could be felt more than heard. "Suniwa-san... I know you are scared. I share in your fears. Every day that my grandson, that any of the children of this village, get closer to being fully recognized shinobi, I feel the ever-present danger that lies just ahead of it... But... As elders, as protectors, it is our job to foster their growth towards the destiny that they have been cultivated towards... It will never be less scary, but the best thing that we can do for the future generation is to have faith in them... To support them as they flower into the men and women they will become... To help them bear the fruits that they are destined to..." As his grandfather spoke these words, Akio's eyes welled up once more and he was taken back to the days before joining the academy, to the orange tree.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei listened to Kiri's words and responded as they walked back to the funeral site. "You're allowed to be angry and to hold onto that anger. I'm not saying to let it go completely. If that is what you need to hold onto to move forward right now, then do so. I'm here if you ever need to talk." They finished their walk back in silence and she was unsurprised to see Kiri's mom rush over to them and hug him close to her. Hoshirei felt a pang of longing as she looked at the two of them. She just smiled softly and nodded when Suniwa offered her thanks. She felt a ghostly hand on her shoulder and she looked back to see one of the ghosts from her clan's understanding face. This ghost understood the pain of losing a parent before they were old and the longing that came with it. Hoshirei's lips quirked a tiny smile at the ghost and she mouthed them a thank you.

She heard Akio's outburst and Itsuki's calm explanation that Seniwa's fears, while unfounded, could not be allowed to stifle her son's growth into the shinobi he wanted to be. "Seniwa-san, I know it might not seem much, but, you're welcome to come to my clan's compound and speak with some of the parents there. We run the gamut from fully civilian families to fully shinobi ones." She paused for a moment, asking herself if she was really doing this, really allowing people more access to her and her gifts. After another heartbeat or two, she decided to take the chance and steeled herself for whatever came next. "Your husband fought for your safety even to the end. He cared for you and Kiriyomi so much. Feel your feelings but do not let them cloud you from what might be best for Kiriyomi. He is a bright young man who could go far in life, no matter the path he chooses, but he must find that path on his own." she braced herself for whatever might come. If it would make Seniwa feel better, she would even let the woman strike her should she lash out.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa had begun to eat his lunch which his mum had made for him. He tucked in to his Anpan after Akio's refusal. He felt bad for both Akio and Kiriyomi yet funerals had become numb to him, he had been subjected to so many deaths of several members of his clan, most being of his age. He only could be there for his friends, however he felt as if Akio was being a bit dramatic. If it was him he wouldn't have spoken yet all he could do was stand by him. Eating his Anpan enjoying each bite. As he watched as Akio was scolded by his grandfather and Hoshirei alongside Itsuki consoled Suniwa.

He couldn't help but focus on Kiriyomi, his friend was suffering, yet he had been desensitised to the thought, he only feared the fate which his father had been subjected to.
He walked up to Kiriyomi placing his bag on the ground this time not touching him but just meeting his eye gaze, before bowing in his direction with his eyes closed in a respectful manner. He then grabbed his bag and made his way back home. 'He'll be okay, so will Akio, but for now the wound must heal.'

[Topic left unless stopped]

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi stands beside his mother as Itsuki and Hoshirei both talk to her, explaining that he must find his own path. He notices Keniwa walk up and meet his eye, bowing, before leaving the funeral. Kiri just stands there, numb, thinking about what Sensei had told him. He opens his mouth to speak, but Suniwa raises her hand and cuts him off. Her gaze shifting between Hoshirei and Itsuki, she speaks slowly and calmly. "I don't recall ever asking either of you how to raise my son. I know that our job is to foster the youth of this village, I do that every day of my life. Before that, I worked in the Konoha Byoin. I saw men, women, and children come in with injuries that would make others sick. Yet day in and day out, I patched them up. Perhaps, had I still been working there, I would have been able to save Satsu's life and that is what haunts me. I appreciate your offer and words of kindness, but this is a decision that I must make for myself and my family.

Kiriyomi stands there, mouth agape, as he sees his future crumbling before him. How was he going to ever convince his mother that he should still be a shinobi, when she was so steadfast against it. Angry tears well in his eyes and spill down his cheeks as he stares at her back, and he hangs his head in defeat. "That being said, I also know how fulfilling it is to be a shinobi of Konohagakure. There is no better feeling than knowing that you are making a difference, protecting those you love and cherish from harm. I may have spoken out of grief and anger, but you both are correct. I cannot choose my son's future any more than I can bring Satsu back. So if Kiriyomi wishes to continue down this path, that is his choice. I will fully support him either way. I will do my best to teach him how to care for himself in the heat of battle, should it come to that. Had I shared my skills with Satsu, he likely would have been able to recover enough to be saved. But he was so stubborn about his own abilities that he refused my knowledge. We see where that got us." She looks around herself at the gathered crowd for the funeral, shaking her head. Excusing herself, Suniwa heads into the main building to get herself something to drink and to gather herself.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Suniwa began to speak, Akio immediately went red-faced with embarrassment. From his grandfather's reaction as well as Kiriyomi's mother's stern tone, he knew full well that he was out of line with his outburst. However, Itsuki's wrinkled face, in contrast, curled into a soft and pleasant apologetic expression, his eyes nearly turning into lines on his aged face as they slightly shut.. As the grieving Aburame widow laid into he and Hoshirei, both noting that their input was not requested as well as the fact that they were at least in some part correct about Kiriyomi's future, Itsuki replied, "Suniwa-san, you are a strong woman... I apologize for my grandson and I speaking out of turn." The elder's head nodded into a bow as he added, "Unfortunately, I have been in your shoes as well... My wife gave her life to this village also... So again... I offer my condolences and sympathy. You are not alone in your grief, and it is my hope that you see us in the Senju clan as people that you can lean on in the coming days." Itsuki looked on with a sympathetic sadness in his eyes as Suniwa walked away to presumably get some peace away from all the pain that was staring her in the face.

Meanwhile, Akio nervously approached Kiriyomi as well, his usually energetic and hyperactive demeanor reduced to looking down and fiddling with his black ceremonial robe. "I... I'm sorry Kiri... It's all my fault that we weren't here..." The young Senju said with sorrow on his lips, his gaze cast down and unable to look the young and grieving Aburame directly in the eyes. "But... you're my friend. And I wanna be here for you..." He finished, finally working up the courage to look up at his friend with tears streaming down his guilt-striken face. "I'm so sorry... Can you ever forgive me?" He asked, a sorrowful frown painted on his face as everything in the young boy pleaded childishly for things to be like they had been just days prior.

Last edited:

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei bore the brunt of Seniwa's words with a passive look on her face. It was true that she didn't have a child of her own, but she was responsible for an entire clan's worth of children at minimum. Working as a medic was something Hoshirei had only had a passing interest in as a child so she could appreciate how difficult of a job it was to see people come in and wonder if you can possibly save them. The woman continued her words and Hoshirei's jaw tightened minutely as she saw Kiriyomi's body language shift into dejection. She stayed silent as the woman gathered herself and admitted that Hoshirei and Itsuki were right, that Kiriyomi needed to find his own way in life. Hoshirei was relieved that Kiriyomi would have a chance to continue his studies if he chose to. He had been a joy in class and his relationship with his kikai was already impressive. It would have been a shame to not see him grow into himself.

The Isaki clan head watched as Suniwa walked off and took a deep breath. "That went better than it could have," she said as she pulled her hair over her shoulder to begin playing with the end of her braid. She was still feeling a little vulnerable but mostly felt relief that she was able to be helpful in the situation. "I honestly wouldn't have blamed her if she had lashed out with more than words. Losing a family member is not easy."

She heard Akio's apology and her heart broke a little. She could only hope that Kiriyomi would be able to respond a little differently now that he had a bit of contact with his father's spirit. She would stick around for a while longer, to keep an eye on Kiri, but as soon as Seniwa came back out of the house, she would reiterate her condolences and begin to leave.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]
WC: 322

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi stands there, relief flooding his body, as his mother walks back into the house. He looks over his shoulder after her, wondering if he should go after her and say anything. Before he could move to go after her, though, Akio approaches him looking sullen. Listening to him apologize again, Kiri just stares at him. His eyes are cold and distant, and he takes a moment to think before answering. "It is your fault that we weren't here, and I don't know that I can forgive you right now. I don't know what to feel right now, but we are still friends. I think I just need some time to myself. I need to go talk to Okasan right now, and I hope that you and your grandfather leave before I come back. I'm sorry, but I just need some space to think about everything that has happened. I hope you understand."

Kiri turns away and walks into the house after his mother, finding her standing in the kitchen with a glass of water in her trembling hands. He silently walks over and hugs her tightly, promising himself that he would do everything possible to keep her safe and get revenge for his father. No one else that he cared for would get hurt. Never again.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio's brow curved inward, pinching towards his forehead as his face scrunched at Kiriyomi's hard stare and unforgiving words. "Yeah... I get it." He says in a low and defeated tone, his voice barely able to squeak out in a mumbled tone just above the volume of a whisper. No, despite how much his child's heart wanted it, things couldn't be the same. As he watched his friend walk away, the waterworks continued making tiny rivers that flowed down his soft youthful face. Old Itsuki walked over to his forlorn young grandson and placed a soft hand upon his opposite shoulder in what the elder hoped would be a comforting gesture and guided him back to the central area of the funeral service.

Akio moved along, his feet dragging in the rain-soaked stones as he shuffled like a zombie toward Satsu's final resting place. The wise and elderly Senju spoke once more, his voice loud enough to be heard by onlookers, but directed at his grandson as much as anyone gathered. "A hero is someone who has devoted their life to something bigger than themselves. Aburame-san was one who did exactly that, placing the safety of the village, the sanctity of his duty, and the lives of his family above his own. It is said truly that only the dead see the end of war... And Satsu-san has seen that end as a hero. But it is equally true that the brave never die... Though they sleep in dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men. Aburame Satsu will live on in the courage of the shinobi that follow him. May he rest in peace." Senju Itsuki's words echoed amongst the silent onlookers, some nodding, some frowning, and some crying.

Akio's demeanor, however, was shifted. His eyes were hardened into a stare at the place where Satsu was laid, the bridge of his nose forming a 'U' between his brows, his fingers clenched into a hard and trembling fist, and his green eyes still welled up with tears that mixed into the rain. 'I won't forget this...' He thought to himself, something in him finally coming to grips with some of the harsh realities of the world in which all shinobi lived. 'I won't forget what it means to be a hero.' With that thought set in stone within the confines of the young Senju's mind, his wise and loving grandfather led him away with one last statement. "I know you're worried about Kiriyomi... These things take time, Akio... And, as all things do, this too shall pass."

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back