Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Night to Ponder (Private; Shinku)

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He wasn’t a frequent visitor to the hospital but he knew where it was. He just didn’t seem to like going there, especially when the first thing he learned from his childhood was that such places always reeked with antiseptic liquids or sometimes blood. Strangely enough, there was one time that he was quite interested in their practice, perhaps when his old man was sick and they had to stay in the local clinic for a week. But Kumogakure’s hospital wasn’t as small as the town clinic he was used to. And finding it, even if he didn’t have the map he was carrying with, would not have been too hard at all.

But today was a different matter. Not too long ago, their class had ended and one of his newly made acquaintances suffered a dangerous wound. Shinku was rushed by Tessa to the hospital and he would have followed immediately had he only avoided the woods. Well, they were in the woods so obviously scurrying through the woods on the way out had led him to meet a few unwanted folks, but that was another tale to think about for later. In any case, the sky was orange splayed against the clouds as the sun was due to set any moment now when he had arrived in the hospital so he quickly went to look for them.

He was quite lost at first until after inquiries and he was led to a room where Shinku was said to be resting by now. He was, of course, quite surprised when he learned that there were already others inside the room with her. So he stood there outside the room for a long while, unsure of what to do. It would be pathetic if he had just arrived and not with the others earlier, but it would be cold of him if he didn’t come at all. And then, there was that urge in him that nagged, saying it shouldn't even be his responsibility in the first place… but it was. If Kumogakure was his new home, then everyone was his family.

He clicked his tongue and turned on his heels… walking away from the room.

It was better off if he didn’t show up at all. There was nothing to tie him down with people in the village just yet. He was still a stranger. And yet, he was there once again at night, standing in front of the door to the room where she was resting. He could feel no other presence in the room– the others had gone for now– yet he wondered if his visit would even be acknowledged. Maybe he should have just gone in earlier that afternoon, said his greetings and left with the rest. But he chose not to– not because of indecisiveness, but because it wouldn’t matter anyway. If anything, she might have noticed he arrived late then everyone else despite the urgency of the situation, and it would have come off as more off-putting than anything really. But at night, perhaps he could just come in when she’s asleep, say a prayer or two to help her heal faster and then leave. That way, he wouldn’t have to embarrass himself.

But still, he hesitated for a while as he slowly brought a hand to the handle before finally coming in, all the while expecting a silent dimly lit room for the patient to recover in solitude.

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been a couple of hours since the youngster had been left in the silent, empty room. She wanted to try and get some sleep once everyone had left but she found it to be an impossible task, the dreams she'd experienced earlier in the day still playing on her mind. Add to that the simple discomfort of having to lay only on her back since she couldn't put pressure on or move her shoulders and you get a rather pouty young girl. As she lay in the dimly lit room, her eyes were dead set on the window to the outside, staring at the darkening sky as she contemplated just what she was and who she could even talk to about what happened. People would just pass it off as a fever dream or worst case think she was crazy and section her, she wasn't about to let that happen for sure.

The biggest problem she'd come across was that all of these things this dream had told her seemed to hold some ground in reality, she hadn't shown anything beyond the change in her eyes to the others earlier, but her body seemed to be slowly turning into something else as she lay there and it was a bit freaky but really, what could she do? That said, it had been a while since anyone had come to see her, even the doctors were busy elsewhere and for the first time in her life she felt a little lonely. She'd come to crave solitude as she grew up, avoiding as much human contact as possible but lately she'd enjoyed being near people and even talking though she wasn't exactly the chatty type.

The sudden yet slow turning of the door handle caused her ears to pick up and she turned to watch the door open, expecting a nurse if anything, but was pleasantly shocked to find a familiar yet strange face enter the room. "Nanashi?" She questioned as her eyes tried to focus after staring out into the sky for so long. "Didn't think I'd get any more visitors today... or any day." She gave a quite chuckle to herself and took in a deep breath. "Sorry if I ruined the class earlier, I didn't want to cut it short for everyone." She said with a tone of regret, though clearly not for her actions and rather inconveniencing so many people with her selfishness, not that she'd admit to that outright.

[WC - 414]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He silently entered the room, thinking it would be a quick visit, only to stop as soon as he entered as his eyes caught sight of Shinku very much awake and looking at him. Before he could even speak, the girl had addressed him and apologised, much to his dismay. The last thing he wanted the other to feel at that very moment was to feel bad. If anything, she should be getting some rest.

“No, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have bothered to come. Did I wake you?” he said as he closed the door shut behind him before crossing the distance of the room to reach her bed. He then propped a chair to sit on. “Besides, I have a feeling the class would end anyway, what with that Takeshi off to try and get blown to pieces by the other teacher.”

He sighed at the thought before he turned his attention back to her and there was evident worry on his face. “Are you really okay? I mean, I know we’ve only just met today, but I didn’t think I’d know someone who’d get impaled in the chest on the first day. Were you really trying to surpass the teacher so hard? It wouldn’t do to chase after power right up to death’s door.”

He then took out something from his pocket and produced a handful of berries. He reached out to her. “I got stuck along the way, but I managed to get some berries. Here. Back home, these are good for building up the body’s immune system. You’ll get better quicker.”

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinku laughed through her nose as she thought back to the lesson. She'd not really paid attention to anyone but Tesa at the time but she'd heard about the things she'd missed from the others earlier. "Yeah, he's tryin' ta blow himself up yet I'm the only one in 'ere. Kinda upsets me." She spoke with a slight smirk, this was probably going to be a common occurrence for her and she kind of knew it. There was no way her pride would allow others to show mercy on her and just accept it, no she would put her life on the line every opportunity she got else she wouldn't get truly strong, in her mind it worked that way at least which made what Nanashi said and offered next that bit more bitter to swallow.

"I... don't get me wrong, I don't wanna like, die. But can you really become strong if ya don't put it all on the line." She closed her black and red eyes and lay her head back with a sigh. "But to answer ya question, no. I am not okay, in fact I'm real fuckin' frustrated an fuckin' confused an just... fuckin' fucked!" She almost shouted at the boy as her eyes opened again, she looked at the berries he'd offered and her stomach growled. She'd hadn't eaten since breakfast and now it was... well getting dark at the very least but there was one problem with what the Nana was offering. "As ya can hear, my body needs food... but I'm kinda stuck here ya know? Can't move my arms to well without it hurtin' a bunch." She then did something that would probably be a first for her, she blushed. "Ya could feed em to me, I guess." She said trying to brush over her embarrassment and praying that the young man wouldn't notice but it was pretty obvious against her slightly grayish skin.

[MFT - 322]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinku’s reply came a bit like his own voice that always nagged at him. As he thought about it, he remembered the reason of why he was briefly halted in the forest earlier. Even if their class mock battle wasn’t so serious, the fight with the twins had proven quite a feat, if any. It was to say it was his first actual bout against others of the shinobi world. He had always put his strength against nature or some random thugs out to cause trouble back at the port, but this time, they had almost similar, if not stronger, abilities and experience to trump him. That is to say, he earned a few scratches and bruises, even if they were done by those BB pellets. And so, while he wandered around the forest earlier, half contemplating on rushing off to see how Shinku was, he had taken a moment of rest when he found a spot where there was a small stream. He drank from it, and waited for a bit before he concentrated his chakra on his hand and then placed it over his bruised arm. There was a bit of warmth from the feint glow but he could feel a sensation against his skin [Mystical Hand (R1)]. Slowly, he would see the bruise disappear lightly, if not completely. Then he sighed. He was still not used to harnessing his chakra for healing purposes, and he often let his own body recover the normal way. But something about the situation made him want to face Shinku with a least a more respectable, non-bruised physical appearance. In addition, he felt like his knowledge on healing himself had increased lately.

And so, he made a mental note to himself about how he should certainly need to learn self-control for the future. Training hard was good, but perhaps not to the point of overwhelming oneself. And though the class wasn’t exactly overwhelming to the point of putting him in a hospital, it was a first time on his part and he should have anticipated to get hurt, at the very least.

Still, listening to the girl talk about frustrations, Nanashi made a wane smile as she sounded so much like him. The only difference was that she was willing to say it out loud. He could only nod too. It helps the one frustrated to know they were listened intently to. And when her eyes fell on the berries, he somehow knew what she was about to say. “Don’t need to say it. I can pretty much see the shape you’re in…. earlier, and now…” He stood up and then leaned closer, taking one berry at a time to feed her. “Chew well before swallowing. Don’t want you to choke now, do we?”

He intentionally made it sound like he was speaking to a child just to tease her. It had been long since he had done something of the sort, perhaps to the kids of one of his Old Man’s crew. Since he was the Captain’s son, it was obvious he would be the “older brother” figure of the young ones and he often took care of them when they were at the port. And this situation made him remember it all.

But then he also raised a hand and placed it on her head as he added, “I’m glad you’re fine, Shinku. I don’t want to lose a friend, so don’t go scaring us off again like that, okay?”

Word Count: 579
[MFT, RP for Ability Learning: Healing Factor]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was very embarrassing but at the very least they were alone so no one else would know that she was having to be hand fed by another person, a boy her own age none the less. She would scowl at him as he went on with his baby talking however and as he placed another of the berries into her mouth she bit one of his fingers, then chuckled. "Remember where you're putting you fingers before you make fun of me, femme-boy." She said at him teasingly, he certainly had a girlish quality to his looks, though was still obviously male, she preferred the softness of his features though.

It was becoming clear to her that she liked this boy a little more than wanting to be friends but the feelings were all confusing since she'd never liked anyone before, especially romantically. Her cheeks, followed by her entire face seemed to flare up bright red as his hand came to rest on her head and she just kind of stared up at him a little bewildered and unsure of what was happening to her. Slowly, she moved her head around his hand so that his palm moved onto the side of her face and she then lay her head atop it and looked up to his eyes. "You're far to sweet to care about someone like me, ya know?" She swallowed loudly, nervously as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of human contact for the first time possibly in her life.

Deep down she knew what she wanted to do but her body simply wouldn't allow her and having to rely on purely instinct was difficult, embarrassing and probably doomed to fail in her mind. If only her arms worked, just this once and she'd let them rest but such miracles wouldn't present themselves and she had to rely on her wiles. She opened her eyes again and gave Nana big puppy eye and slightly bit her bottom lip anticipating something, anything to take her mind off all of the bullshit this day had been filled with. Being weird is troublesome.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He winced a bit as he pulled his hand when she made a teasing bite. He pouted as he waved the hand before sighing. “Okay, okay. You’re not a silly kid,” he replied in defeat, which seemed to have worked as she smiled and seem a little more at ease. The next thing that surprised him was when she moved her head lightly that he would end up holding her, as opposing to having been petting her head, and it felt a little more intimate this way. It even brought a tint of red around the back of his ears (the first ones to really show his embarrassment). But it wasn’t because he felt it was awkward, rather, it made him feel a bit warm inside.

“Well, I don’t think my Old Man would agree with that. I’m more of a mischief maker than sweet,” he replied with a bit of a chuckle. With the berries gone, he leaned closer to her, his hand that held her head snaking behind that his palm would hold her head, and his free hand would embrace her, patting her behind. “It’s okay, Shinku. I have this feeling you think you’re not worth it but everyone is worth the time and care.” And of course, he may have unconsciously treated her like a kid again.

However, even he was quite confused as to why he felt he wanted to embrace her like that. Perhaps it was really out of concern, that the thought of losing a friend, no matter how recent they’ve only met, made it unbearable for him. Perhaps the shinobi world was far too cruel for him to truly understand that the thought always escaped him until now that it has happened.

“Sorry, I just want to stay like this a bit longer. I guess I was really worried,” he whispered to her, leaning his down that his chin was on top of her head. He made sure not to put pressure in his hold nor to lean dangerously close enough to squeeze her. Maybe he simply missed embracing someone. “Maybe I’m just feeling a bit homesick too.” He added with a light chuckle.

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If someone like her really was worth the time and care, Nanashi was going to have to show that to her, perhaps not here and now but over time. Growing up how she did she came to despise needing people, they were all going to turn on her for one reason or another and given her track record you could believe it too. She close her eyes and almost purred as she felt him against her. "I'm just not used to all of this. Being... well, not the bad guy I guess. I've never had anyone just be there for me, to let me be selfish, you know?" Then with a bit of a pained grimace she moved her now stone grey and cracked arm out from under the bedding, managing only to bend it at the elbow but she offered it toward Nana with a soft smile. "Please." Was the only word she spoke as she waited for him to make his move, eyes still closed as her shaky breath flowed.

More time passed before the girl spoke again, the both of them were clearly enjoying the moment and going as long as it was possible. "Homesick... I wish I could know that feeling. I've never really had a place I'd call home, makes me a little jealous." She commented quietly as she thought back on all those years at the orphanage, being treated like some kind of demon when she really only ever defended herself. Tears formed at the corners of her eyes as she recalled how painful it was over all those years, the pain and loneliness. She certainly enjoyed being a loner but to feel so trapped and having no social life what so ever was akin to torture and she was only just now realizing it. Her eyes opened once again and the tears rolled slowly down the sides of her head. "Nana... kiss me... help me forget even if just for a few moments." She asked, looking straight up to him.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He looked down at Shinku, feeling quite at ease from all that has happened. He did not really expect all this. Homesickness? Was it really? He raised a hand and patted the other’s head as if to stave off some unwanted memories in her. After all, the way she said it made it clear to him that there was more to it than what she showed. “Don’t be silly. Didn’t you say so in class? If you wanted power so much as to rid of whatever evil or bullies and such, that means you have something to protect. That means you have a home.”

Though her next statement made him feel a bit awkward. It was no secret that despite the latter’s personality (though Nanashi actually liked her spunk) she was attractive. He had only met a few girls back in his port town of Cirrus, but he never really made much friends with them. It was difficult when you have to constantly go out to the sea and help your Old Man catch some fish. The stench alone often made them cringe their noses and their disposition often made them seek out richer, well-off trader’s sons. Still, he knew when a girl meant what she said and he could tell from Shinku’s own words. But was he ready?

He may see in her a valuable friend, an ally he could confide with for the harshest of times, but he also knew that he felt something for her. Perhaps it was when she stood up for him in class. Perhaps it struck home with him. Still, a greater burden had been clouding up his mind and so a bit of his smile turned into a frown. Thankfully, Shinku wouldn’t see it as he was still leaning against her, hiding his face.

“I didn’t know kisses are worth a thousand medicines,” he teased as he then leaned back to finally look at her. He wiped the tears with a gentle touch of his hand before he leaned in close and kissed her. Almost without warning, his lips against hers. It was long, just as he learned from those many stories of the boisterous crew of his Old Man’s ships. And when they parted, he kept a good long look into her eyes as if he was searching for something.

But then as if something had reminded him and he pulled away completely, a brief shock on his face before he recovered. It was not embarrassment; no trace of redness on his face as it should usually do. And his eyes almost sharpened as he looked to the side.

“Sorry. I got lost there for a bit,” he then said as he finally pulled away, leaving just his hand against her cheek. He then looked back at her and made a wane smile, “I hope it really is worth a thousand medicines. I want you to get better soon. But until then, you need to rest and avoid getting yourself into more trouble, okay?”

Something felt off, even he could tell. The voice that rang inside him was egging him on his own weakness. What led to his own desire to kiss her would only bring him his ruin. He could not even prevent her from suffering her own weakness, how much more could he? How dare he even think for a moment to want to say he’d protect her for he loved her. For it wasn’t love at all when he was still angry at his own incompetence.

“I’m sorry. I should let you rest. Don’t stay up too late,” he added as he pinched her cheek playfully one last time before slowly walking away. He did not want to hear anymore. His mind had decided the brief respite he wanted was over. He simply wanted to find that power he sought. “I’ll see you again someday.”

He would say as he quickly slipped out of the room. Once the door was shut, he leaned against it as he looked ahead of him, shocked by his own actions.

Wha exactly prompts him to move and think? What brought him there in the first place? Surely, he believed all along it was guilt and sincere concern, and his sort-of-puppy love. But why did he come late? Was it mere berries or was it the deal he found making with a dark sage in the forest? Did he come to witness one last time the failure brought by his incompetence to protect anything.

“I cannot do anything as I am now. I can only watch. I have always watched. I can only hold. I can only offer a little of what they ask but never everything.” He whispered to himself as he moved away from the door. He glanced back at the nameplate that had her name, ‘patient’ – it read, another sign that she, too, was not in control of what the world had to offer for her. Nor did he.

“If only there is a way…” he mumbled as he began to walk away. “I will never have to feel this way again and maybe I can look at her longer, stay by her side, and never be bothered by this desire…”

He stops midway as he mused, “Homesickness… have I gotten accustomed to lying to myself? I should never forget that even that place had long been a lie.” It sad and it was disturbing that he found himself contemplating about it. He loved the Old Man and he had accepted the truth that he was not the real son. But deep down, no matter how much he wanted to be mature about it, he could feel that his voice was slowly drowning and something was trying to come to the surface.

His obsession in the search for answers and his desire for power were slowly writing down the narrative of his destiny without his knowing.

[Topic Left]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The tears in her eyes started to subside as the pairs lips met gently, a moment that Shinku had always imagined would never happen for her. Was it everything she'd imagined though? Honestly not, it was not the out of body, butterfly stomach churning, spontaneous singing animal-esque pantomime the books made it out to be... she was glad. She felt a strange warmth was over her usually cool body and it felt nice, as if she'd just experienced a new emotion for the first time and that wasn't far from the truth. After what felt like an hour, the kiss would slowly part and the youngster would have a satisfied smile on her lips, tears having pretty much dried up by now and she was right, it did make some of the pain go away.

She looked up to him ad spoke. "What I did in the class, was for me. I know it's selfish but I have to be honest. I don't... didn't want to fight to protect anything... I was forced down this path by people who thought I couldn't handle it, a punishment and I wanted nothing more than to rub it in their faces and become... someone... Not because I want to but because they think I can't." She let out a soft sigh and turned to look out of the window. "This class however, it's shed some light on things I can still barely believe. I am who I am and that won't change, but what I stand for and... where I come from... I think they are more important that I ever knew and even people... you... I have things I want to protect now. Thank you." It was a bit of a monologue and her voice still seemed monotonous but there was something there, something new growing within her like a bud starting to open and embrace the sunlight.

It had been a physically and emotionally draining day and no sooner had the two parted than Shinkus eyes slowly closed and she fell into a deep, comfortable sleep. It was the beginning of her long road to betterment, their would be up and downs, love and loss along the way but through it all she knew that it was her destiny, no, it was her birthright to sit atop the elites in her village and protect the people from those that wish to hurt then as she had been all her life. "No one will have to go through what I did... never again." She murmured as her consciousness slipped into the ethereal bliss that is sleep.

[MFT - 434]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back