Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Phone Call

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
1 week before the World Martial Arts Tournament

...Hello? Hello can anybody hear me? A nervous, breathless voice would whisper over an emergency frequency. The message was burdened with static, but the words could be just barely made out.

Yes, you are on the line. Can I help you? The operator responded, her voice seemed bored as she replayed the brief confirmation.

There would be a brief pause. It was several seconds long, but it felt like less to the caller as he replied to the operator in a shaking voice. My name is Wakayama Tomoyuki, I-I think. I-I mean I-I found a dead body. He stammered, his words hastened as he continued. A young man, teenager. Some'one ripped the poor kid to shreds.

Are you in danger? The tone of boredom in the operator's voice was lost.

Th-there's blood e'vrywhere! He exclaimed. The sound of scraping footsteps could be heard.

Sir, do not move around, you will disturb--" She tried to instruct him to preserve the crime scene but the caller cut her off .

Oh God, there is so much blood! He cried out. Had he seen something else? Was he becoming unraveled. The static was making his words near unintelligible.

Sir? ... Sir? Are you still there? Can you tell me where you are?

There was no answer.

There was nothing more to say. The line was dead.
!
This is not an RP Thread but your character is free to enter this thread and review the data here learning anything mentioned (it is recorded).

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was nearly a day later before the bodies Body were was discovered.

9:32 am, 6 days before the World Martial Arts Tournament. A spicer from the northlands was driving a team of horses south on Coast Road, one of the roadways that runs along the western border of Tea Country. Twenty miles north of Kurosawa a parcel of road, measuring 25 feet in length was upturned. The earth here was jagged and stones pockmarked the area for the next 300 hundred or so feet. A dead body was discovered on the side of the road belonging to an older gentleman. He seemed to be in perfect condition, except for the being dead part. Not a mark on him, his eyes were closed and he had a relaxed facial expression. If it was not for the fact that he was not breathing one would have thought he was sleeping. He had the color still of a living man and initially he was treated as a critically ill victim. Taken to Trinity General Hospital just outside of Kurosawa, they pronounced him dead on arrival despite his 'vital appearance.'

In the morgue, his body remains undecayed and unclaimed.
!
Medical Solo Mission Offer: Perform an autopsy on this body and learn about this victim. Report this cause of death to your IC superiors (Sennin, Kage, or Medic Captain). Rank appropriate to the user's rank.
  • You may learn the following:
    • The man appears to be in perfect health but has no heartbeat, respirations or brain wave activity.
    • There is no chakra in his body but there is an abundance of natural energy.
    • There is no sign of decay, despite the victim being dead at least since he has arrived in the hospital.
    • His bodily fluids appear inorganic. He has no blood, but he does have a viscous fluid-like component.
    • There is a strange seal on his chest. جبري
    • No cause of death can be determined.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The second body would be discovered three hours later, five miles north on the same road where the first body was found. 1245 noon would be the time the body was found by a traveler riding south on horseback to the World Martial Arts Tournament. The discovered was relayed by headset.

"...Hello?" A hesitant voice broke the static on the emergency line. "Is there anyone there?"

"Yes, can I help you," a professional, courteous voice responded.

"Something happened on Coast Road, there is a lot of blood. I-I think you should send someone here right away." The caller concluded, sounding somewhat flustered.

"We already have people on that ma'am." the operator replied. Someone was definitely behind the ball, they found that body hours ago.

"O-oh ...good," the caller replied. "Good."

The operator failed to realize, this was a different body at a different site miles away. There was no blood found at the previously discovered site.

"G-good bye then." The transmission ended.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Managing to sneak away from the necessary Kage things, Umashi managed to blend in with the other medical minded folk by putting on his medical whites and donning a pristine surgical mask. Though the medical rounds that he was able to plant himself into, seemed rather typical for shinobi folk, what he didn't expect to find was a mystery smack dab in the middle of a rather routine schedule. Though Umashi's specialty was more in the realm of a battlefield EMT, he was able to make his way to the surgical table as a few more surgically inclined medics began to inspect the body and were noting all the peculiar bits about it. Strangely, the man seemed to be in rather normal shape, but his chakra system was apparently not at all how it should be. Looking to the obvious Byakugan activated Hyuuga surgeon talking, Umashi couldn't see it in the same way that the man could, but he could certainly feel it. Like a bee being called to the sweetest flower, Umashi could almost taste the natural energy emanating from the mans body, but that didn't seem to be all that odd if one were to ask his opinion.

Speaking up, Umashi threw in his medical two cents by stating a rather simple fact as he saw it.
"Even if he has no normal chakra within his body, might we be looking at one perfectly able to control such energies? Heck, he might just be some sort of elemental . . . those things are known to walk the mortal realm, no?" Some around the table gave nods and shrugs, they could possibly see his point, but one keen eye'd red eyed woman shook her head in defiance of his assumption. "Perhaps, but that wouldn't explain his whatever this guck is . . ." As if to emphasize her point, the woman made a slight incision and a strange black substance began to creep out of the wound. Pointing with her scalpel, the woman again shook her head. "I don't know what THAT is, but it ain't blood . . . and I know all of the known blood type variants by heart." The muttering of others began to grow louder as more and more experts peeked their head in at the seeming Frankenstein monster that was before them. As he took more and more time to try and piece together the mystery, he eyed the strange tattoo on the man but was unable to decipher what it might mean exactly.

OOC: Had a nameless Hyuuga NPC mention the chakra bits, and a nameless Chigokai NPC mention the blood bits. Umashi is an Archsage x Senju so Natural Energy is kinda his thing to notice. Basically, a bunch of medical ninja are chiming in on the strange being before them. I will post again tomorrow, hopefully to finish it up.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The irony of the situation wasn't lost on Umashi but upon a second inspection of the man, he more noticed the strange script on his chest. Not initially recognizing the script, he had assumed that it was simply just another tattoo of some sort, but having inspected the whole of the man's body, it was clear that there were no tattoo's elsewhere to indicate that he simply liked to color his body with fanciful colored cuts of the flesh. Growing to have a mental itch, Umashi couldn't quite place his finger on what dots were being connected. It was right at the edge of his tongue, although the idea was sure to be ludicrous. Mentally cycling through all of the points that they had come up with, the blood, the natural energy, the lack of a chakra signature and then this marking of sorts . . . it almost gave Umashi the idea of a puppet or automation but puppets needed puppeteers and automations could only handle clear commands until their chakra was used up. With having a human body, it almost seemed like someone was trying to create life the easy way, a life that would follow a command, pass off as human and complete the task . . . at . . . hand . . .

The idea hit Umashi in slow motion as he was unable to keep from blurting out his half cocked finding.
"Somebody tried to create life . . . or recreate life . . . one of those." Receiving strange looks that implied that he was crazy, he explained himself further as he pointed to the body and motioned towards the findings that they were sure of. "He has no chakra system, yet there's an abundance of Natural Energy, he has no normal blood but instead has some sort of liquefied substance flowing through his veins. A substance that could very well just be the oil to the engine. That tattoo could just as easily be a branding and from everything that we understand about Natural Energy, it can assist in the creation and sustaining of life far stronger than normal chakra. Maybe that tattoo is just a seal of some sort and it's helping, or was supposed to help this husk function like a real human. " Pausing to shake his head and think some more, the more that Umashi tried to understand the specimen, the more he was sure that all that they were missing was the spark of life. "Maybe we're looking at the work of a scientist who figured out how to create artificial life. Shrugging, Umashi allowed the until then held back rebuttals to start. Though some might look at him as a lunatic, he was sure that he was on to something.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.
OOC: Kinda got the idea to take the RP in this direction while driving home from work.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back