Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A recidence in dismay. (Closed, Modded Mission)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Chief took a step back as the mud clone dispersed. After all clones leave behind a little of what they are made of and he did not want wet shoes filled with mud.

Saito bowed to the detective.

"Certainly sir."

He left the room and 5 minutes later May entered all willy nilly. She seemed less focused on etiquette and was much more whimsical in the way she carried herself. She bobbed her head from side to side while walking and her arms swung back and forth. All she needed was the footwork and she would be skipping. Unlike the others Haruichi noticed a lot of excess chakra on her which was untethered as if she could have potential in the Shinobi world but never really had any formal training in chakra control. As she stopped moving she turned her front towards Haruichi and looked at him with big blue eyes whilst folding her hands palm to palm in front of her. Arms stretched downwards.

"You wanted to see me?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruichi smiled when he sensed the chakra. Interesting, a possible shinobi. This time, he added in another question just to see her reaction. He asked, "So I need to clear any doubts I have about you, which I admit I have none at the moment! Answer truthfully, and you'll be fine. So, four questions. Answer after all of them have been asked, alright?" He took a breath before rapidly shooting out his questions, "Have you been to the Ninja Academy? What have you been doing today? What is your job here? What did you think of Kimioto?" He hoped he got the name right!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
May was wearing little white gloves with frills to match her outfit. Right now she was using one of them to run her right hand up and down her left arm. She was clearly not used to this kind of situation. She then scratched the back of her head before her blue eyes lit up.

"Ah yes, I was at the academy once. Young Asata was being assessed last year. Saito woke me up this morning so I had time to get ready before breakfast was served. I washed dishes and dusted off the house. At some point I heard someone some sort of cheer. I think it came from Kishimoto-samas room. It was quite loud. Then I dosed off for a second on the couch. Mister Kimoto awoke me and told and told me not to sleep on the job. I must have slept for like thirty minutes, an hour maybe. Mister Kimoto went outside. I started cleaning again when I heard the screaming outside. Miss Kimoto came down the stairs to see what the fuzz was about then quickly went out the patio door to get Asata from the garden. Then Mister Kaito gathered everyone in the dinning hall."

She started smiling.

"My job is almost non-existent to be honest. Mister Kaito does everything around here. It's like he is this inexhaustible workforce, and he can do anything. Did you know that he spend 8 years learning all kinds of crafts. I on the other hand am clumsy and all I really do is clean stuff. Doing dishes, dusting off, sweeping. Which Kimoto are you talking about by the way? Asa-chan is a sweet kid. Talented too but then again she has a good teacher. Miss Kimoto is a bit hard on me when she catches me slacking off. I'm not as diligent as Kaito. Truth be told I would have lost my job if not for him. Mister Kimoto is... strict but fair. Mostly. He did make an advance or two. Guess that is why Miss Kimoto does not like me. I have manage to brush it off by being near her or Asa-chan, or Kaito when they were out. He never did anything serious though"

She held her hands up as if to try and calm Haruichi down as she was saying her last sentence.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Details started to bubble up again, but if he kept on questioning these tiny things the moment they asked it, it would be a nightmare. He decided to simply keep that story in the back of his mind as he lifted up a hand. He suddenly flicked up his thumb, smiling and saying, "Good! Thank you for your honesty! Please do me a favor and call in Ikeda?" Haruichi would just simply wait this out, hearing all the stories and cross-referencing.

(Sorry for short posts and you give those massive ones)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hai!"

Almost like a bolt of lightning she was out the door. That latent chakra sure helped with the running speed even thought she probably didn't know it. Her voice could be heard loud and clear in the other room before the door closed. She was calling in Kawahara Ikeda. As the door was opened again a faint sent of tobacco entered the room along with Ikeda. He wasn't smoking now but he definitely had in the past hour or so. He adjusted his tie, sad down and took of his sunglasses.

"So now it's my turn. I heared from Mikami-san you do rapid fire questions so shoot."

He crossed his arms, put one leg over the other, leaned back and tilted his head.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruichi smiled as he entered in. He spoke out, "Thank you for letting me get straight to the point." He nodded before giving off his rapid fire questions, "How did you meet Kimoto? What is Mr. Kimoto to you? What have you been doing this day of the murder? Finally, how was your day?" His purple eye watched him with as much intent as he can as always. A visiting friend would be the most likely, but the details would be interesting either way.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikeda folded his glasses and put them on the table. He had some black dirt on his fingers and under his fingernails. Not much but enough to be noticed. He had a bit of it on his forehead as well. Must have been wiping off sweat earlier. A bit of dirt on his left knee as well. Otherwise clean clothes and well groomed.

"Well it was shaping up to be a great day before all of this happened. Got the new breaks, even got Minamoto-san to help with the technical stuff. He has more experience with mechanics than I do and I can't afford to break something, when it's that expensive you know."

He smiled for a sec before putting on a serious face again.

"Pardon me. I'm getting off track. Uhm I met during work. We were both selling equipment for my old man back then and Kimoto got a better deal. His own business, regular customers, that kind of thing. We kept in touch. I inherited my fathers business, so I came to suggest an arrangement. Ended up staying for a week, while I got parts for my bike. Can't go back with rusty breaks. Anyways I woke up at about Nine. Walked past Asa-chans room. Door was open and Minamoto-san was there tutoring her. Like clockwork that guy. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat and then swung by the study. Met up with Minamoto-san after he was done working as a teacher. He was getting a book for the Missy. I followed him to talk about booking an appointment for my bike. He's like a doctors office. He will help but it needs to be scheduled."

He started smiling again. Apparently he found Kaito funny.

"I got it set up for later and went to Kishimoto-sans room. He was feeling kinda down. Doing something on his computer. Playing a game or something. Minamoto-san came and gave him his meds. Didn't take half a hour for Kishimoto-san to lighten up again. He was playing a game and it went well I guess. He ended up in an outburst of joy. It became a bit much for me so I left. I went to the garage to take off the old breaks and fueling system. I went out the back, past Minamoto-san and Asa-chan who were in the garden. I spend about forty minutes on working and went to the roof for a smoke. I was waving at Asa-chan who had gone to play outside the garage. I could see Miss Kimoto reading her book through the window. Well we heard the screams and went to see what it was. Minamoto-san gathered up in the dinning room and you should know the rest."

Ikeda grabbed his smokes out of his pocket and fished out his lighter as well.

"I should probably wait till we are allowed access to fresh air to light this one up."

He smiled again, shook hos head and put it all away again.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruichi silently starred at him and marked how each and everything was tied. There wasn't a flaw that he could find. His only hope lasted in the last person or in his review that he found some infrequencies and misfunctions. Either way, he decided to keep Ikeda clean for now. He raised a hand and said, "You're free to go back to the room. Please call in the other friend of the family." He sighed internally, praying that he could get what he needed.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikeda got up without saying anything. He put his sunglasses back on and left the room with his hands in his pockets. Approximately three minutes later Kishimoto Naito came through the door. He was walking slowly. There were dark shading under his eyes as if he had not slept well for days. Everything about him seemed grey. He walked towards the chair that was pulled out due to Kawahara leaving it that way. He saw down slowly and took of his headphones. Then he just looked over at Haruichi with an empty look in his eyes.

"So I'm the last one then? Does this mean that we are done here soon?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruichi silently nodded as the restless looking man walked in. He spoke to Naito in a happy yet more restrained voice. He sounded almost normal to the average person. He said, "Come in then! Your right on the note with that one sir. I must ask a few questions first before I can do anything. I will ask them all first then you may answer." He took a breath, preparing his bombardment. He then fired off like a rocket, "Why are you here? How do you know the family? What were you doing today? Why are you so nervous? Can I get you a drink? Have you met Ikeda or Minamoto?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Naito didn't seemed phased by the amount of questions nor the speed at which they were given. His eyes clicked back and fourth as if he was in REM-sleep while it was going on and afterwards he spoke just as fast as Haruichi did, right back at him in such a monotone voice that you would think he was an automated voice machine.

"By sorting your answers into order of how easy they are to answer I will start with saying that I am not nervous in the slightest. I know the family through my parents, but have grown close to them and have been living here for a while since they passed away. I am not thirsty and if I was the one you call Minamoto without suffixes would have tended to that need, just like he does with my daily dosage of highly effective painkillers for the cluster headaches I have been having ever since I had to live on my own. I'm seeing a doctor for it to find a more permanent solution, but for now as you can imagine I don't sleep well especially without a few Benzodiazepines which I hope to swap for a less powerful alternative soon as it affects me during the day as well: I'm thinking Lunesta as my internet research as shown them to be the best fit for me."

His eyes kept moving rapidly from side to side as he spoke. He took a 5 second break to close his eyes and rub his temples. He then opened them again. Looked at Haruichi and then continued speaking while his eyes moved from side to side.

"I only know Minamoto-san from here but I worked with both Mister Kimoto and Kawahara-san on several projects. They both get a lot of electronics equipment and I have a nag for inventing new stuff, like the machine I have in my room at the moment which is finally got working right. I call it a PUX. It can do long range communication although it needs configuration depending on the device it links up to. It also has games and various ways to share information. I still cant get all the features to work but it is based off of surve... Nevermind. trade secrets, bad for business and not relevant. As of my activities for today I have been stuck in my room for the whole day. As I said I finally got some of the groundbreaking features working, which cause me to burst into an outburst of celebration. Shouldn't have done that. It made my headaches worse. Kawahare-san came by at some point. I got the rest of his food. The dude always makes way more than he can eat and then swings by me to I have no excuse not to take it off him. His way of making sure I stay healthy I guess. I kept working. Looked out the window once and saw Kawahara smoking on the roof of the garage. I had headphones on so I don't know much about how anything happened at the front. I was just told to go to the dinning room and I got some cliff notes about Mister Kimoto being dead when I arrived."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruichi knew Benzodiazepines, hell he had to use them! If he recalled correctly, the recorded side effects were Hostility, Memory lose or forgetfulness, aggression, and addictive. Haruichi tapped his chin for a second, before noting, "Fortunately medicine is one of my specialties! Could you give me how many doses you take a day, around what time each day, how long you have been taking Benzo, and who is your current psychiatrist and doctor you are talking to about this? Actually..." If he required a moderate dosage at an increasing rate, he could be showing signs of addiction to the drug. He had to rule out every possibility first before going after any small details.

Haruichi suddenly stood up and raised both his hands. He announced, "I am going to use a medical ninjutsu to stop your headache before you answer alright? It will help with the case, and it should allow you to think even better than you already are. If you allow me to, offer your hand?" He would then gently place his hand upon Naito's and utilize the B rank medical ninjutsu Tranquilize. He hoped it would give a behavioral shift on Naito's behalf to see if the medicine was doing anything deeper then he thought to him. He would sit down afterwords no matter the result and listen to what he had to say. He added on top, "Any questions or worries for me?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Naito lightned up a bit. It actually eased his pain

"I'm guessing it's not permanent? I take a low does. A pill a day. Here the doc's name is on the bottle."

He handed Haruichi the bottle. The name of the drug was valium, which Haruichi knew used Benzodiazepines as the active drug. The name of the doctor told Haruichi that he was from a neighbouring country. Common side effects were listed as well. Increased tolerance to the drug, addiction to the drug itself if used for too long, drowsiness, dizziness, depression, and could cause abortion in pregnant women. It also listed a set of other drugs not to take with this or the outcome could be lethal. The side effects Haruichi remembered must have been on the rare case list. Anger, angst and decreased cognitive function were the rare effect. Naito seemed docile, and out of energy. Definitely feeling the drowsiness. No marks on his hands meant that if he had anger problems they did not leave any marks. The bottle says that the drug is prescribed for lack of sleep and the date on the bottle suggests that it is at least 15 days old with 6 out of 21 pills left in the bottle. As a medic Haruichi knew that most of the unwanted effect had a four week rule meaning that Benzodiazepines should not be used as sleeping pills for longer than four weeks, so avoid addictive and memory related effects.

"Like I said my doc is working on a more permanent solution but he gave me this while I get my bloodwork checked out for drug related allergies and other adverse reactions. also to see what would work best. I guess he figured, better nuke the system with something that works and then get a follow up in three weeks. The prescription for something better should already be on route to here by now, so I don't have to feel tired all day. Oh uhm I get the pills for my migraines when Minamoto-san brings them. Always before noon. These things I take in the eveni..."

The mild sedative effects of the Tranquillize jutsu and the valium had caused him to dose off. His arms went down the sides of the chair and his head tilted backwards which partially blocked his airway making him snore.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruichi sighed as he popped open the door. He mentioned to May or Minamoto, whichever was nearby if either, that Naito was sleeping and not dead. He could not pop out a single detail that would be useful here! He would have to use a rather risky tactic, but the reactions should be what he prays for. He silently marched forward towards the Captain and asked the dreaded question, "I apologize, but I can't find a single detail that points to a killer. I have a few doubts, but I found nothing! So, with your permission, I would like to use my Genjutsu to accuse each person one by one and see their reactions. Also, have you found the weapon or any other clue?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minamoto came to pick up Kishimoto and put him on the couch. The only place between the three rooms they were allowed to be in that had any plain surface.

When Haruichi came to the captain and asked for some difficult stuff.

"That would net you quite a few lawsuits if you were to put people through that, unless you can erase their memory which I'm pretty sure requires permission from the higher ups."

As they were talking the MiT and AiT joined them.

"Sir we found the murder weapon, stuffed in a closet just to the left of the main door."

The AiT held up and Kunai in a transparent bag.

"The blood markings on the grip suggests that the killer used both hands. There is blood on the rear end ring so the perpetrator must have gotten something on his or her clothes. We are looking for someone with time to change some if not all of their clothes before we gathered them. It should be here somewhere. The assailant also wore gloves."

"Any luck on your end chief?"

The chief looked back at Haruichi.

"They wouldn't have much time to do that. Which means they must have stashed their bloody clothes somewhere nearby."

The AiT tilted his head downwards

"We thought the same thing. Sadly the fire running in the living room was still going and well we looked at it just in time to see the last string of some textile disappear. We believe that is where the bloody clothes were stashed. "

The Chief took out a notebook and wrote down whilst speaking out loud.

"Single stab wound to the chest made by what is described as a dark figure. Mind you witnesses in shock makes terrible descriptions. We arrived shortly after and mainly checked in with the butler. No blood to be seen on him and he was there faster than we were. Not to rule him out. This could be anyone really. Any luck on their whereabouts during the day detective? Any of them alibi each other out?"

[Chief, MiT, AiT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
That's when Haruichi laughed in slight shock. He placed a hand to his head and said, "All of them alibi each other out! Though the details you give could find something... wait a second." He remembered that he had his sharingan up the entire time! He recalled upon his memory, key dates flashing in front of him. He suddenly used his Snap-Shot ninjutsu on the wall to form a diagram of the house and all 6 people within. He spoke to the three, "Now reconstructing the events down to the very base level between person to person, and then overlaying all of them on top of each other should make the situation that we need click. So, let's begin by who I asked first."

A timer appeared on the top, marking it as 7 AM. A violet dot to represent Mikami, and then a black one to represent Mr. Kimoto. The two dots would then go down to the kitchen. Breakfast appeared in red letters underneath the timer, which was 7:??. The violet dot then moved back to her room, and then to the living room. Asata represented as a white dot. The white dot then walked away, with the violet dot sitting down on the couch to read her book. The Timer now read ??:??. Mikami then walked over to see her husband dead, now a black circle with a red X drawn in it.

The day restarted with Mikami's adventures replaying alongside the events in a predicted manner. A key at the edge of the snapshot screen formed a key with who each dot color was represented by. (S?)Kaito appeared as a jade green dot. The timer began at 5:30 AM where he went to the kitchen and set up the table. He then went outside, took down the laundry, and promptly folded it all away. At this point, Haruichi had evolved the designs from dots to little stick figures like from Aperture Science just to make the actions a lot clearer. The red figure then made breakfast, which was shown as Beans on Toast. May's name appeared on the key as a Pink figure, which marked the time as 6:30 AM. The pink figure then wandered over to the Kitchen to clean the dishes while Asata as the white figure walked in. The time goes on till 10 AM when they take a break to have a snack. Kaito then walked over to the violet figure of Mikami at 11 AM, handing her a book which left her reading, tieing both stories together. Kaito then walked over to a brown figure, representing Ikeda. They spoke of repairs to his motorcycle, which appeared as a key factor on the right side of the snapshot. He labelled it as 'Tieing Details". The listed so far were "Mikami waking up Mr. Kimoto", "Kaito waking up May","Family Breakfast", "Asata and Kaito study","Asata talks to Mikami", "Kaito giving Mikami her book." and "Kaito discussing bike plans with Ikeda". He continued with the diagram which had Kaito go to the shed to pick up tools at 1 AM, and ran over to the Black figure with the Red X. Then Haruichi at the bottom of the Snapshot put an "Issue" bar. A bold 1 was placed right there. When Haruichi opened up the 1, the file read, "Kaito and Mikami never mentioned seeing each other. Mikami didn't mention the screaming girl outside." Then at 2 AM An figure flew into the room where every color figure was, and the solid black figure screamed "HOWDY!" It all proceeded to restart.

6:30 Am. The pink figure got up after the green dot woke her up. May washed dishes and dusted the house for a good amount of time. A loud cheer came from a room with a grey figure in it, representing Naito. May then fell asleep on the couch to be awakened by a Black Figure with a 30-60 minute time frame. May then began to clean again before Mikami ran by. It all restarted again.

The brown figure of Ikeda formed, waking at 9 AM. Issue number 2 was marked right there, "Not being waked up for breakfast with the family." The issue was promtply changed to a tiny 1 for a minor thing that probably meant nothing. It was a more of a show that Haruichi was looking at every angle here. The white figure of Asata and green figure of Kaito were both in Asata's room learning. He then went down to the kitchen to get food, walked up to the study and rested for a bit. He then went over to Kaito to schedule an apointment to repair his bike. He then walked over to the Grey Figure of Naito, whom then got visited by Kaito with his medicine. Half an hour later he screamed in joy which made Ikeda NOPE right out of there. He went to the garage, noting Asata and Kaito were in the garden, and removed the old breaks and fueling system of his bike, which were labelled as such for the three other people in the room. Ikeda then smoked on the room, waving to Asata and confirming Mikami reading her book. The brown figure suddenly turned to see the black figure with the red X, signalling the restart once more.
Haruichi realized that most people didn't keep a good track of their day time wise except for Kaito.

The least eventful of the day, Naito as the grey figure just remained in his room all day. He worked on his device, giving off an outburst which confirmed the first loud sound o the day. Then ikeda stopped by, giving Naito his extra food. Kaito stopped by with his painkillers, then walked off. Naito worked on his devices for the rest of the day with his headphones on, looking out to see Ikeda smoke on the roof.

Haruichi looked at all the Tieing Details again, hoping to find some issue here:
"Mikami waking up Mr. Kimoto", "Kaito waking up May","Family Breakfast", "Asata and Kaito study","Asata talks to Mikami", "Kaito giving Mikami her book.", "Kaito discussing bike plans with Ikeda", "May watching Mikami run to the garden", "Asata and Mikami together at the garden(?)", "Ikeda confirming Asata and Kaito's Study", "Ikeda, Naito and Kaito all in Naito's room", "Asata and Kaito in the garden", "Asata playing outside the garage", "Mikami reading confirmed by Ikeda", "Naito confirming Ikeda and Kaito's appearance in his room." "Naito confirming Ikeda was smoking on the roof."

Then, it hit him. Haruichi asked one question that would tell him if this entire thing was done by who he thought it was. He immediately made a mud clone that walked out of the room to May and asked her aside, same as Mikami. The clone would ask the simple question, "Two questions, did anyone burn something in the living room, and did anyone seemingly change their clothes around noonish today?" Haruichi then asked the three ninja, "Did you immediately see Kaito, and if not... where did you find him?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
May waited to for Miss Kimoto to speak first, as was customary in this situation. She would interject when possible.

"Kaito has at least ten sets of the same clothes. His uniform. One for each day of the week and spares for situations that require it."

"He has many pairs of gloves as well. White gloves get dirty fast. He changes them frequently but I have not noticed if he changed his work clothes at any point during the day."

Miss Kimoto made a tilted hand gesture towards Haruichi.

"He was working the garden today so if there is dirt on his clothes then he didn't change them. Not that no dirt is a sign that he changed. He is very good at making sure he looks presentable. Maybe May knows if he has any dirty gloves from today if you need them. They wash theirs together."

May went for the second part of the question first this time.

"Didn't see Kaito till we were to collect everyone in the dining hall, but then again he was out back going around the house while I was inside."

Miss Kimoto send a disapproving in May's direction.

"Sleeping on the job again?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mud clone suddenly gave them the widest smile. His face hardened, looking more depressed than serious as he walked over to Kaito. He then shot off the question, "Pardon friend, but I need to confirm something. Can you let me look at your suit?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaito tilted his head to the side and wrinkled is brows. He seemed confused for the first time since Haruichi had arrived.

"Certainly sure. Might I ask what you are looking for?"

Kaito would stand up straight and stretch his arms to the sides with open hands. Kaitos suit would be clean as a whistle with a hint of dirt in his shoes from the garden. Upon closer inspection Haruichi would find half of a small leaf on Kaitos left pant-leg. The gloves were without a spot. No dirt from the garden, no oil from tools or tea stains from serving refreshments for the past hour. He would surely have changed gloves at least once.

"Clean spare gloves in the left jacked pocket, dirty ones in the right one if you need them."

There would indeed be a spare pair in the left pocket and a dirty one in the right. Dirt and clear oil as would be expected, but no sign of blood anywhere. What more is on a closer inspection, Kaito would be quite tall for the stab wound to be where it was, not to mention the amount of force that would come with him using both hands on the Kunai.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mud clone nodded as if nothing happened. He looked up to Kaito and said, "Alright, so I have my hunches and I need to ask for your help here. You keep a lot of things tracked I assume? So here is my request, look at everyone here in the room. And this is a question to all of you!" The Mud clone walked out into the middle of the room, before saying, "Has anyone here changed their clothes within the last few hours?"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back