Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A sunny day on Aventurine Street [Open.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A sunny day with lots of life. Birds chipping high up on the rooftops. Busy people shopping in the streets. Among them is Kurokawa. Just out to enjoy the nice feeling of sunlight hitting her chins Kurokawa had set out to find someone nice to talk to. Being New to the whole ninja aspect of life she doesn't know many people outside of her few friends who still haven't joined the Academy. Some of them never will. With her slimline stretchy ninja outfit pants, A T-shirt that says "I have never seen anything more beautiful", her custom made light purple silk head garment for casual use and her hair in a knot she sets out to find out what the day holds and who she might stumble upon.

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He finally stepped out of the caves, being trapped in arcadia for so long without any opportunity to leave, well, not any, with all the death and destruction that was occurring lately he could have snatched most of those bodies a lot sooner, but none of them gave him the luxury of time to settle in. Unlike Arcadia, this place was bright, very bright. He squinted his eyes to try to see what is going on around him, appearently he had stumbled into a crowd. Looking left and right, he tried to figure out who are the people that surround him, they look nothing at all like the arcadians.

"Hmm, now this is new, I wonder where they're going, in such a hurry too"

He opened his eyes a little wider, they finally began to adjust to the environment, those humans are everywhere, now, that was a more familiar sight, a busy street, everyone had somewhere to be and something to do, and Kurohebi was no different. Then in a brief moment he managed to lock onto something quite peculiar, people walking openly with headbands branded with metal plating and a symbol on its center, shinobi. He grinned and began to analyze the situation, getting information now was important but catching the stronger, more competent warriors would be an hustle, better start small, much smaller........ THERE! he found in the corner of his eye a girl, probably in her teens, walking around the central street with what seems to be a ninja attire, but no headband, probably not certified yet.

"Good, good, now this is a start."

His smile got smaller a bit, becoming somewhat softer and warmer and he approached the girl.

"Excuse me, do you know by any chance where one could train to become a shinobi?"

He asked casually, his eyes were locked onto her lips too see what sort of reaction she would pull out, studding these creatures seems pretty fun already, but communicating with them should be infinitely better.

[MFT]
[Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Voice in front of Kurokawa was loud and clear through the noisy crowd.

"Excuse me, do you know by any chance where one could train to become a shinobi?"

He stopped. It was clearly a mans voice, or at least a boy. Kurokawa forced out a faint smile. Her predisposition towards the male gender could cripple her chances of gaining actual friends so she porsponed any reaction related to it for now.

"Ah sorry. I don't recognize your voice. Who might you be?"

Her soft and almost calming voice was just about her only asset while hiding her eyes, but since she did not know to whom she were talking she withheld her usual cheerful responses for now.

"I'm Hashiraki. I have been accepted into the academy in what is called the spartan quarters but as for pointing out the directing I'm afraid i can't help you that much."

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He blinked for a moment, he seemed to miss a very cruicial fact, this girl had her eyes covered, he pondered how he could have missed such an obvious accessory. He didnt know if she was blind, having it serve as some sort of a seal or maybe its part of her training, but either way, it seemed interesting.

"Oh, excuse me, where are my manners, my name is Kurohebi, yep, just like the snake"

He laughed akwardly while fixating his gaze onto her blindfold.

"I'm just a civilian, I did consider becoming a shinobi though, so I guess that the spartan quarters is the way to go. Do you know if there are any registrations I need to go through before joining the academy?"

He grinned slightly

"Oh, I'm sorry, stopping you all of the sudden and asking you so many questions, how about I at least buy you something to eat as a compensation?"

He looked around for a moment, trying to spot some sort of a resturant and then checking his pockets for cash, wondering if Tao ever carried any on him. After a brief moment he found that Tao had quite a bit, made him wonder how he came to have so much money in the first place. He fond a small cafe near by, it seems to have several tables stationed right outside of the front door, probably for smokers or people that like the open sky more than a closed enviourment, that should be good enough for them.

"How about the coffee place over the--, erm, the coffee place on your right"

He proposed swiftly enough. Just a couple of locations should be enough but he knew that there is more information he can get out of her, should at least try to exploit that opportunity.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa's expression turned more towards a genuine smile after learning of Kurohebis name being similar to hers comboed with being offeret something to eat.

"Kurohebi? Is that you first or family name then? I'm Kurokawa, so I guess the black snake meets the black river"

Kurokawa slowly starts walking towards where she sensed Kurohebi was facing when talking about a coffee place. Taking a deep breath and assesing the surrounding smells she came to the conclusion that she had been here quite a few times before. She had just walked aimlessly along the street but now it was imperative to know where she had ended up.

"They have such nice jasmin tea here."

She then stopped, and thought for a while about the academy applying question.

"About the registration. I don't know the whole thing since my guardians did most of the actual formal work , but as i gather you have to contact one of the teachers for help. Due to my, erhm, condition I'm homeschooled most of the time. Not much use learning to throw a shurinken at a target you can't see, ne?"

Kurokawa starts to laugh a bit as she takes a few more steps forward to grab hold of a chair and sit down.

Sunaku Shikai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shikai never likes walking amongst people. He always felt as if he had a thousand eyes on him even though he could never seem to meet their gaze. For that reason he had elected to use this sunny day in a handstand on top of a local coffee shop with a nice view over the street. Hanging upsite down he was focusing on keeping his balance and finding his chakra. Taking a deep breath and bending the arms as if to make a vertical push-ups he proceeded to leap into the air and turning around landing in a sitting position with his legs crossed.

"What a dull morning"

He elected to repeat this handstand maneuver a few times before noticing something more interesting than random training. He looked down at a couple in the street. One had half way creepy yellow eyes and looks as if he was a tad flustered. Besides him was a girl with her hair in a traditional chinese knot not unlike what you would see on a female ninja who wanted long hair but didn't want it getting in her eyes. He noticed she had a mask just like him although his mask did not cover both eyes and hers seems less transparent. He elected to focus more on the guy as he gave of an eerie feeling. He notced the piece of cloth around his neck which somewhat ressembled his own Collar.

He decided to keep watching from a distance while continuing his handstand maneuver. Maybe something funny would happen.

[WC: 257]
[MFT]

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Kurohebi? Is that you first or family name then? I'm Kurokawa, so I guess the black snake meets the black river"

"Its my first name, sadly enough I dont go by my last name anymore"

His smile grew wider a bit, that statement was amusing on its own, but what seemed more amusing to him is that this kid is either in the same situation as him or had quite an unfortunate childhood. Then as they were walking along to the cafe, she mentioned that she have been there before and they had some good tea there, he couldnt recall trying to drink that before, then again, digging through his host's memory he couldnt recall any taste of a special drink for that matter...

"Wait a second, how did I do that?"

He tried to remember something else, or rather reading his host's memories once more. He saw a large building standing on a cliff ontop of the mountain formation of the village, then a dark cave with lights formed around the edjes with a man with red eyes standing in the middle, then a room with a large table sat with a large quantity of people debating about some sort of a crisis. This is fun! He never figured he could access his host's information. But then he shook his head a little, trying to bring his mind back into the game, there is a young girl that is going to give him information, that is supposed to be his primary focus. She mentioned something about the registration process, appearently she doesnt know much about it but her tip was helpful nonetheless, using a teacher to get in, that could be useful in the future.

"I see, I see, thank you so much!"

He took a chair across from her and sat down, signalling one of the servers to come over and take their order and then patiently waiting for him to arrive. The weiter paused for a brief moment before he took their order as he looked into Kurohebi's eyes, he seemed slightly hesitant to speak, but he overcame that urge and continued.

"Hello sir, here is the manu, might I suggest our excellent coffee, bred from our locally grown coffee beans"

The server gave Kurohebi a manu and an additional one for Kurowaka as well, appearently without realize that she couldnt even see.

"Ah no, I'm good, I'd like to try this jasmin tea instead, you would like some too, right? Maybe a small cake to come along with it?"

He pointed into the manu to show the server what he was talking about and then he looked over towards Kurokawa and asked her if she want it as well. After recieving the answer he gave his manu to the server, allowing him to go back and prepare the order for them. Kurohebi turned to face Kurowaka and continued

"So, what are shinobi do around the village when they're not training?"

He calmly asked as if to continue the conversation that was rudely stopped by the person who came to take their order.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She ignored Shikai on the rooftop, or much more likely she was unable to sense him all they way up there.
After sitting down, agreeing with the order, and sensing the waiter leaving she tapped her mask.

"I don't see much of the others outside of the academy. This is not exactly ideal for a Shinobi so until I can compensate my guardians have elected to homeschool me whenever i have the time. I do believe they partake in missions to earn money. Everything is expensive these days and people usually want their own custom weapon or something like that"

She sprouted a small grin at her own joke. Her sense of humour had always been a bit selfironic.

"Once I'm less of a burden in the field, the plan is to look for others to partake in missions with. Always nice with a pair of fresh eyes when it comes to being on the lookout. Helps with reading the mission files too"

Leaning back against the chair, and tilting her head backwards to feel the sun on her face she asked i a clear voice and a direct manner:

"So, why do you want to be a shinobi?"

Sunaku Shikai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Being someone who dislikes people who discriminates based on looks, Shikai himself was of course himself very focused on looks and identified with it. Seeing someone who seemingly freely chose to where a mask or a collar like himself his interest had been peeked but at the same time spying on someone and then just walking up to them talking as if you'd just arrived seems weird. Shikai decided to keep watching from afar for now. He knew not what kind of people they were. Just because they have a similar taste in attire it does not mean that they would be anything like him.

"What are they talking about?"

Shikai had a bad habit of thinking out loud when he was, or at least when he thought he was, alone. Not being a competent ninja yet he would have no idea if anyone more skilled was actually spying on him, spying on the couple at the coffee shop. He went from his handstand training to plainly sitting down with his legs over the edge of the roof.

[Waiting with leaving the thread till we know more from the NPC request. Sorry about the indecisiveness, but then again the responses are slow]

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He listened to her while recieving the tea that arrived from the server and taking a small sip. So appearently she was blind after all, interesting.

Her mind is pretty set on becoming a shinobi to the extent that it is all she talks about, are all shinobi students like that?

He wondered while politely waiting for her to finish her thought. He tilted his head slightly the moment she asked him about why he wanted to become a shinobi. That question normally would be easy to answer, but in his case it is a bit more complicated. He can recall why his host wanted to become a shinobi and what he thought about them, he does not share those kind of thoughts regarding them, maybe even the complete oposite. Being a shinobi should be fun.

"If I were to put it in simple terms, I'd say, to kill time I guess. Being a shinobi is a time consuming occupation where you devote yourself to your village at the expence of your personal luxeries, right? I guess that it'll work out perfectly for me."

His smile does not weiver one bit, he was enjoying the discussion, a bypasser might even think that he was enjoying it a bit too much, but it was so long ever since Kurohebi had an interaction with a human with a physical body that he just couldnt help it. Luckily enough for him, the girl couldnt see.

"How about you, why would you want to become a shinobi of all things? I bet there are plenty other things a girl like you can do in the village beside sneaking around, stealing and killing in the name of Iwagakure."

He rested his elbo against the table and his cheek against his palm while fixating his gaze onto the girl sitting in front of him.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa's faint smile changed to a less cheerful expression. She took a sip of her tea and put it down on the table, then leaned back and folded her hand.

"I don't"

She started rubbing her right arm a bit as if she was cold.

"For me being a shinobi is not a matter of desire. It's a matter of acceptance. We are who we are whether we like it or not and to deny ourself the future that the ones before us fought hard for us to have. It just makes it seem like if we don't follow that path then those sacrificed meant nothing."

Kurokawa the proceeded to put her hand under her blindfold, maybe to adjust it or maybe for something else. What just a moment ago was a cheerful demeanor had now completely changed.

"Helping at the expend of your own luxury. I guess you could put it that way. But to become a Shinobi just to kill time... That I cannot see eye to eye with"

She finished her tea, visibly in dismay. He gestures of correcting her clothes and checking to everything she had with her signaled her desire to get up and start walking.

Sunaku Shikai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the scenery changed from a nice date at a coffee shop to one person smiling eerily and the other looking to be in physical distress. Shikai decided to get a bit closer. He jumped down into an alleyway next to the shop. He then proceeded to walk over to a nearby table, sit down and wave over a waiter.

"A lemonade please, and with a straw if you have"

He didn't know much about social interaction so watching from a distance always seemed like the less complicated thing to do. Maybe he could pick up some pointers on the do's and don't, and in this case how to patch things up. Or at least he hoped to learn something.

He picked up a needle from his kit and started balancing it on his index finger. Being near the crowd walking by, he was nervous so doing something with his hands was a good way to calm the nerves.

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As he was listening to the girl, his smile began to become fainter, appearently he had hit a nerve. Now everything starts to come together, the life of a shinobi is not something that she aspires for, its something she believes whole heartedly she must become no matter what. He exhaled and finished his tea.

"I see, well, I dont blame you, since our take on this subject is slightly different after all."

He lifted his hand off of the table and put it back under it.

"I assume you are not going to the academy with no background at all, what sort of training you like to do the most?"

He asked almost as if it was the natural responce, although in reality he did so to change the subject to something that might appeal to her a bit better. He then noticed that the spy from before has decided to close in a bit more, now sitting with them in the resturant instead of just watching them from the roof. His eyes moved briefly to look at him for an instant and then came back to watch the girl again, he didnt get a clear image of who he was, but he seemed short, probably a child as well, he didnt seem to expend any effort in concealing himself but rather just kept his distance.

"You know, I'm not going to go to the academy with no background either, I can maybe show you a couple of tricks if you like"

His smile reverted back to it's previous deminor, he didnt expect this turn of events, humans are interesting after all.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa thought for a while before answering.

"Since my eye sight is nonexistent all my training so far has had goals towards accommodating that. Usually sensing and dodging, telling direction, or balancing on something to become more surefooted. I don't really mind the training but what i like the most is when i can feel the results. Like back last year when I was finally able to walk around town on my own. "

From a holster on her leg she pulled out a kunai, swung in by the ring on the back and then proceeded to throw it high up in the air. Being heavier on the edged part the kunai turned in the air before accelerating back down towards her. She took a sip of her tea.

"So, what "tricks" are you so proud of that you want to show them off? And are they enjoyable without the visual effects?"

After she had asked she out a small wooden cube on the table. No more than 2 by2 inches. She then leaned forward putting her head on the table next to the cube, one arm on the table with the hand under her head and the other around the cube with the hand wrapped around it. As the kunai came closer to her she moved the cube back and forth until the kunai planted itself straight into it right next to her head. She then sat back up and packed the weapon and the cube away. This kind of stunt seems all to familiar to her. Not flinching, throwing with rather good precision and then sending where it would land and moving the target to it. After putting the things away she awaited Kurohebis answer

[MFT]
[WC: 286]

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It appears that her sole focus thus far was the improvement of her senses, feeling the air, listening to the wind and observing her surroundings until she is capable of understanding what is going on around her. Although she seemed to be forced into that sort of understanding it should not be an easy feat to accomplish. She then asked him what kind of trick he wanted to show her while showing him one of her own, she managed to blindly throw a kunai and then match it's destination with a wooden cube, that on its own is quite impressive as well.

"Well, probably nothing like that, most of the things I know have a lot of visual aspects, yes, but I knew it wouldnt appeal to you, I had something entierly different in mind, but this is not the place to do it... That spartan squadron you mentioned before, assuming that the ninja academy is there, are there any training grounds there as well?"

He asked casually, not even realizing what he ended up leading up to, appearently now he is showing off? That was not the plan at all, but maybe its for the best, as long as he can gain that information it shouldnt too much of an issue to show off a little bit. Although now that he began to think about it, he figured that his host knew mostly how to manipulate light, or to be more exact that was his sole focus, while it is a great visually stimulating feature it wont appeal to someone who can not see anything at all... No, there are things that he can definatly do that wouldnt require sight, but doing it here will be bad, it will draw attention and might even cause some damage to his surroundings.

"Actually... Maybe there is something that I can do here that might be interesting for you..."

He then remembered something, it wasnt grand by any means, but it could be interesting. He made several handseals and then an invisible shell appeared around them, muffling the sounds that are coming out of the shell itself. Then he proceeded with the next set of handseals and extended his hand towards the girl so that it'd reach the center of the table with the palm facing up. He then proceeded to press chakra through his hand and started to condence the air around it, electrical pulses began to emit from his palm and with the touch with the concentrated air it started to fly off as a line of light, circling his hand constantly and several moments later these light lines began to multiply creating what seems to be a mini-storm of light spinning around his hand, creating sound best described as an electric surge clashing against another, constantly moving in rotation. That sound was nonexistant outside of the shell although the torrent of light was clearly visible.

"Now, dont touch it, it might hurt your hand"

He spoke while slowly lifting his hand up a bit. Then soon enough the light abruptly vanished and the sound ended, the shell disappeared and the sounds from the surrounding resumed as normal.

"Did that seem interesting in any way?"

[OOC: Jutsu used: Photon; Invisible Shell (Mastered), Storm; Shielding Tempest (Mastered)]

Sunaku Shikai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking at the spectacle Shikai counted the use of at least three types of elements. Not even being able to use one himself yet he felt quite intimidated by both the hardly perceivable shield that cut the sound and the storm in a glass that showed with lightning and water vapours. His lemonade arrived and he could see the distress in the waiters eyes. Huge displays of power seemed less commonplace than on would think. Maybe it was only really displayed through training or fights which were held outside the living districts.

"Thank you for the drink"

Leaning back in the chair and drinking his lemonade through the straw, he thought of how long it would take him to reach such heights. Probably very long seeing as he was only in the Academy at the moment. Keeping his distance here had been the right choice. Getting too close could clearly be fatal.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sounds being all around Kurokawa slightly blinded her the first half a second till she adjusted. The thought to herself that it probably looked way more spectacular than it sounded but at least she as able to determine that it was some kind of lightning dome centered around Kurohebi. When it died down she relaxed her shoulders a little more.

"What would someone with that kind of elemental power want at the Academy? Shouldn't you be accepting missions so something like that? You seem way too capable to attend the Academy."

From the technique she now knew that he was not only an adept when it came to using barriers but he also possessed at least two elements from the wind speeds and the lightning sounds in the dome. Already being well versed in at least two elements he was miles ahead of her. He could possibly even be on the level of her guardians who were both regarded as some of the stronger Jounin and medical ninjas in the city. Kurokawa checked her hair knot to see if it was still alright and then adjusted her T-shirt. With that kind of "sudden winds" she felt like she had not dresses warmly enough.

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Her responce surprised him a bit, appearently his control over some jutsus managed to impres her quite a bit. His smile wavered for an instant and he sighed slightly.

"I dont think that I'm capable enough to take missions, and I assume that they teach more than just combat in that academy, otherwise shinobi would be nothing more than a group of soilders designed purely for destruction. But then again, that is at least a hope I had, if I'm wrong then I guess that I'll just attend the graduation ceremony and go do what they tell me to do..."

He looked down at the table, moving his finger in circles against the wooden surface and imagening people standing in it's center.

"Have you been to the academy before?"

He asked without looking at her anymore, something about this discussion started to turn akward to him.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She leaned back in her chair.

"Once. But mostly it was a talk about what was expected of us. It seems like a normal school just with shinobi classes along the regular schedule. I guess they teach you about life in a social arena preparing you to interact with other people."

She thought a bit about what she actually knew of the academy being so new to it all. Most of what she had heard was about the training they provided as her guardians seemed hellbent on getting her to learn and become stronger. She then remembered something she had seen earlier with newly graduated Genins.

"Once you officially become a genin you might work in a team so i guess teamwork will be part of the schedule at some points. I just haven't gotten to it yet. As i said earlier I am mostly home schooled because of my Handicap."

She proceeded to tap her mask once and then returned to smiling as she had been doing before. Then she had a thought to better answer some of Kurohebi's questions.

"We could go over there and take a look? Maybe we can find a teacher who can be more helpful than I have been."

Sunaku Shikai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shikai finished his lemonade and pushed back his chair. He then proceeded to stand up and walk away from the scene. IT would be creepy to just engage in conversation now that he had been spying on the two like that but now that he knew of a place they might go he decided to go there and then already be there when they arrived. Worst case scenario he would get some training done. He cracked his neck as we went into the crowed and followed it towards the academy area disappearing in the stream of people who has this and that to do.

[Leaving the thread]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back