Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Aftermath

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna had decided to take her mind off of everything that has happened as of late. She had just finished her mission to clean up her predecessor's mess. And so the ANBU Sennin now is taking some time to cool off by walking in the Ancient Forest. She was in her normal ninja attire, which more resembled a female warrior or soldier type of vibe, completely opposite of what she truly is.

Losing her power to bend water at will, she now only commands the bending of blood, and along with that, her skills in the stealth department has gone up considerably. The only thing that she doesn't get is losing her powers of being an archsage. Something must have happened in order for her to fully lose it. Maybe it was because of all the emotional stress that has been put on her. Either way, she figured cooling off where there is absolutely zero people around, might be the best thing for her.

Sitting down, leaning back on a tree, she is fighting every inch of her being to keep herself calm. The stress of.... Everything weighs heavy on her shoulders and she needs to find her own time to herself.

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This certainly did not seem the correct way to be traveling. The world seemed to grow more wild and dangerous for the girl who simply wanted a relaxing place to read in quiet in a nearby park, but that was becoming abundantly clear to be the exact opposite of her desire. The park itself was rather crowded for this day, at least the public area and for a girl who had spent much of her past few years isolated, too much chaotic noise not only bothered her, it frightened her. She had sought a place of quiet refugee, dressed in her flowery light purple kimono, a very traditional clothing which she preferred, one that was obviously of both high quality and an even higher cost. She carried over the shoulder of her petite frame a bag with some books and a sheet to sit upon like a picnic as well as some snacks. In her arm was a curious white fox with the vaguest hint of blue upon its coat and six tails which she carried with her, holding her tight to her chest.

Perhaps a bit too tight, but the fox did not seem too perturbed since she was the only thing keeping the young girl calm at the moment. "Lady Santaru, keep calm, we'll find a way out, no one is going to harm you while you're in the village," the feminine fox politely reassured the girl in a soft voice as she nuzzled her arm with her cheek.

No one had seen her leave the compound, they rarely did, and no one had seen her in the park. To most people she was invisible, easily overlooked, just her mere existence was unremarkable, though it was not intentional. Still, she muttered under her breath disparaging things about the situation and worries that no one would find them. In the end, the young fox had encouraged and persuaded the girl to take a seat to calm herself down. Spreading the blanket down at the base of a tree, she took a seat and took out one of the books she brought along with her. Reading was always a source of comfort, it helped her think and calm her nerves....though the scene could not be more mismatched as the book was a medical publication that would far outstrip a young girl of her age, but she was fully invested in it nonetheless as Yume kept watch.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would simply sit back and relax, taking a deep breath as she thought about the last couple of days. That is, until she heard a voice. Slowing down her heart rate and quieting her breathing. Due to her now near perfect stealth capabilities, she should be able to vanish.

Hearing something about a Lady Santaru, Yuna thought about what kind of person this is. When someone is referred to as a Lady it would mean that the girl has some sort of royalties or is from a big clan house. Such is the next clue. Santaru. The bloodline that is storm control. Long ago, it had seemed that the Santaru clan and the Chigokai clan were once rivals. It seems as of right now, the Santaru clan is still going strong. As for her own bloodline, the Chigokai. There isn't much people with the innate ability to control blood. Speaking of which, Yuna had already grown too accustomed to hearing bloodflows again, as it almost seemed like white noise to her at times. Something that she will need to keep track of to not catch herself off guard again.

She figured, that now that she is a Sennin, she should start to act like one and get to know the other villagers a bit better. Though of course, when not in her ANBU attire, like she is now, she'll have to introduce herself to not be one.

She would step out into the open, completely aware that the other girl had decided to make a small picnic area on the other side of the tree that Yuna was sitting at. "Hey"

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The forest was so full of life and yet lifeless all the same as all things seemed to grow, live, and thrive yet there were no people as far as the eye could see. Normally, the young Santaru would relish this aspect of the forest, but now it only terrified her. Sayomi was a creature of comfort and desired nothing more than the knowledge that she would be safe and cared for. Despite having grown up in a harsh environment of poverty, she had spent many of the more recent years of her life being catered to in a safe environment able to indulge in luxuries such as fine food, clothing, and solitude. Of course, all this came at a high cost of her freedom and personality, which had been reduced to being extremely submissive to the point where she could scarcely remember the sound of her own voice.

Still, she sat very properly even in this forsaken part of the village becoming quickly engrossed in her book while reaching out and petting Yume who was vigiliant in her guard duty. At least, that was what she thought. She was very diligent in her duty and exceptional in whatever she put her mind to, but even she was startled when seeing a woman approach them. Sayomi herself gave a small jump and immediately averted her eyes from both the book and the woman, trusting Yume to do whatever was necessary as she narrowed her eyes defensively. The small fox's fur standing on end, bristling rather unnerved about how she remained undetected. Still, she remained polite...for now. "Hello," she replied to retain her cool demeanor as Sayomi stayed silent, mouthing a calming mantra to maintain her emotions. "I didn't see you come up...or even sense you...I'm not sure we can be of any help here, if that is what you are seeking," stated the beautiful, white fox with light blue gaze locked onto the stranger's unflinchingly.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Yuna would predict, the girl and her fox would jump. A lot of ninja can mask their presence. Fewer can do so to the point that they are nigh undetectable to any other well trained ninja. Her eyes, red irises, not like that of the Sharingan, but rather... something just as potent. Would Sayomi recognize the eyes of a Chigokai? The type of eyes that turn nearly to blood depending on how mature a Chigokai is? How a Chigokai matures is how much traumatic experiences that they can overcome that heavily takes a toll on their own minds whether they be physical, mental, or emotional trials.

Yuna would give the duo a soft smile before kneeling down, showing that she means them no harm. "I've trained to specialize in stealth. It can come quite handy at times. As for seeking help, you can rest easy. I've just got a lot on my mind and would rather just talk and have all of that load off of my mind."

If asked, she knows what to say on the matter. Only safe bet would sadly, bringing up her father. Everything else will be highly confidential and this little girl doesn't need to be in the need to know basis. But for now, Yuna brought up her hand to shake. "My name is Chigokai Yuna. What's yours?" She would wait for a response, furthermore, waiting to see if there is any reaction to the Chigokai bloodline name. Yuna knows that a lot of people are unsettled by the fact that a Chigokai can control blood, and to be just in the presence of one could be very unnerving to some.

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The small fox tilted her head, quirking an eyebrow in an almost human-like fashion as if processing the data that she had received. "All Ninja are trained in stealth...unless..." she said no more, only shooting the purple haired woman a knowing, yet questioning glance as to try and confirm her suspicion that she must be one of the hidden protectors of the village. Yume, of all beings, knew how sensitive the brunette girl was to the nature of those who lived in the darkness as her last true encounter with one, not including Hon, led her to panic in a rare instance where she choose fight over flight. "Very interesting...." was all she would say from that moment.

The older woman introduced herself very politely with a name that elicited a reaction in both the fox and the young girl who still refused to even look Yuna in the face. Not even a chance to glance her way as the fox moved towards Sayomi and took the highly advanced medical text from her lap, bookmarking it and closing it before turning back to Yuna. Everyone in Kumo knew of the founding clans, especially of Chigokai whom many feared. The Santaru clan didn't think much of them these days for their power was waning overall and they found much comfort in the fact that Sayomi seemed not to age. Neither did they instill fear into her mind of them for it would disrupt the since of calming passiveness they werehad worked to create within her.

"Chigokai Yuna? Are you perhaps a member of one of the founding clans?" She queried, seemingly even more polite than before as she mulled over, her fur laid flat once more as not only the family name, but the first name felt familiar to her as well, though she could not place her paw on it. However, Yume was very well learned for a fox, as one of her primary duties. "My name is Yume and this is the Lady Santaru Sayomi, whom is currently being instructed to one day lead the clan. She doesn't speak much and when she does, it usually goes unheard, but she is very skilled in all manner of ninjutsu and one of the most talented and knowledgeable practitioners of medical ninjutsu in the village! Though...only ninjutsu..." she stated, introducing herself and the brunette who still had not muttered a single word audibly, controlling her own fear at the unknown and unforeseen encounter. She had not even seen the hand that had been extended towards her in introduction. She relied on her summoned fox for these interactions far more than battle or missions, as most other of her fellow villagers were likely to do.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would retract her hand, noticing the girl's shyness. Her attention was turned to the fox as it mulled over what she had just said. She has been through a lot of interrogation training to know that if someone starts to believe something in their mind, it is hard to deviate from that unless there is proof otherwise. Good thing that Yuna has just the idea. "Unless If I am also part opportunist, of the core ability." Admitting that she is indeed a Chimera. As for the opportunist core ability, it is something that makes a person become nigh undetectable even to ninja. A skill that nearly anyone can learn if they put their mind to it.

She would listen when the fox asked about her and the founding clan. "I... Don't actually know. My father was originally from here a while back, but due to some... family problems were was taken away at a young age from here. A little bit after my birth, he moved back here." Listening more, she learned the names of both the fox and the girl. The fox, Yume, and the girl, Santaru Sayomi. So, the girl is supposed to become the leader of the Santaru clan and is also good at medical jutsu. "Oh? You're talented with medical jutsu? Maybe you have met or known about my father? Chigokai Ziren. He was a medical ninja here that moeso focused on helping out in missions as a combat medic." Would Sayomi or Yume realize that Yuna is talking in the past tense rather present tense when it is coming to talk about her father?

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume retained a trace of suspicion nonetheless, despite the answer the purple haired woman would give. She had heard of core abilities, but they weren't as easy to wrap her head around as the bloodline powers were, such as Santaru or, indeed, Chigoaki, so she honestly never bothered to look into them too much, but there were far more pressing concerns on her mind at all times. She tilted her head with a slightly doubtful, unconvinced glimmer in her eyes. "I'll take your word for it, miss. Sadly I'm not as familiar with the core abilities of humans as I am the bloodlines....such as your namesake."

She would move towards Sayomi, nuzzling her hand, trying to find some way to calm her down, putting her paw on top of the hand, though she continued to listen and maintain a semblance of eye contact with Yuna at all times. "Is there no records of such things? That does sound truly tragic not to know your origin, though it does appear to be quite common among ninjas to be unaware. Many names in records have dates of family members ending early only a short while after the first date," she spoke. Still, Sayomi said nothing, but the way Yume acted, not even trying to encourage the young girl seemed more like a doting older sister who had done this for many years. Still, when the conversation shifted towards Yuna's lineage, the arctic looking fox perked up in curiosity while sensing another opportunity. "I'm sorry, but Lady Santaru, when she was active before being taken to the Santaru for more dedicated instruction, she never really interacted with many of the medical staff," a bit of a fib, though not entirely untrue, it simply left out much of went on during said instruction and the reason for it. "She had originally been apart of the Main Branch, but during the Chuunin exam, she was selected to be the personal pupil of the previous medical sennin, Shinrya Kahako, the daughter of the current Raikage and wife of the previous Raikage as well. However, their unexplained absence is part of the reason the Santaru elders decided to speed up her education," she stated a bit solemnly.

After a moment, she arose from her position, getting close to Yuna, once more tilting her head. "Forgive me if this is improper, but would you be able to help myself and my lady...out of this forest? She....well, we, don't often come this far and we're a bit lost so deep as we are."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The fox took her word for it when it comes to having a core ability unlocked along with a bloodline. But the next thing out of the fox's mouth stumped Yuna. She never really looked too much into her own family history. The parts that she knew, was that her father was originally a Chigokai, and his parents, her grandparents, were actually some sick people who manipulated her uncle, Ziren's brother, into going into a crazed state to want to kill his family. It's safe to say that outside of her and her father, they weren't completely on the train to kill all your relatives.

She shook her head, "I don't know to be honest with you. Only thing I do know is that my grandparents and uncle were not all in their right minds. My uncle tried to kill my father. And my grandparents tried to use me as part of a sacrifice for their cult. If the rest of the Chigokai clan is like that, then I don't really want to be a part of it. It's also the fact that I have never been contacted by those of the clan itself, so I can only assume that I am part of a sub branch to it, if any." Of course, she left out that she was a Sennin. No doubt being a Sennin makes people of a clan that person belonging to feel a lot of envy towards them. Whether or not the Chigokai clan knows of her existence or not doesn't matter to Yuna. She knows the full extent of her powers, and she is confident in her abilities. It wasn't the name of a big clan that got her to where she is, but her own merit.

Going on to the next bit, of Sayomi not meeting much of the other Medical staff, Yuna could only give the girl and white fox a soft smile. "You really missed out. My father was real passionate about wanting to save everyone. Really kindhearted and would risk his life to bring everyone home safely from a mission. He wasn't at all good with being in the hospital. He preferred to be on the battlefield, as both a force to be reckoned with and someone to help others critically injured on the battlefield. He didn't really have anyone to teach him, but he rather did his own thing." Something that Yuna definitely got from her father. The willingness to take a lot of burden on herself, and keep going at it alone. Teaching herself. While her father taught her a mountain of things, she herself learned on her own the makings of an ANBU.

In her moment of silence the fox had asked Yuna about directions. She would tilt her head to the side, wondering if the fox was playing a joke and then she said, "The path back to the Village is only a few meters that way." Pointing towards the path that was blocked by a small amount of shubbery.

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sayomi continued to do nothing but face...generally the ground, but anywhere else than daring to look at the purple haired kunoichi. However, though it might not seem like it, as if the Santaru was lost in an entirely different world, she was still very much attentive to every word that was said from both her fox companion and the adult woman. The story seemed rather tragic, like something from a mystery novel and she couldn't help but agree to not want anything to do with them. Yume nodded her head to express understanding, even though she might have been a tad bit skeptical, she did not let that show on her face since it seemed a rather delicate subject.

Even more so, the conversation seemed to get even heavier, particularly for Sayomi, as the topic of Yuna's father was brought up. "He does sound like he was a wonderful man and ninja, it's a shame Lady Santaru never was able to learn from him. Her specialty is...more suited healing with chakra rather than anything surgical, to be perfectly honest," the small fox stated in a way that seemed to acknowledge she understood what Yuna was saying as she spoke in past tense while Yume thought of a subtle way to phrase her own words without openly admitting that the brunette no longer was capable of handling the intense sights and smells associated with the hospital. Not that being a field mednin would be any better in the slightest, but at least, normally, it would require a faster approach which meant chakra healing rather than outright surgery. Normally. Either way, Sayomi was kept away from all of medical work for a reason. Well, several, but that was one of them.

It took a lot of courage for Yume to ask her question for guidance and now...she wished she had remained too proud to do so. She was covered in fur so a blush wouldn't show up, but the stutter in her voice expressed her embarrassment perfectly. "O-Oh....I see. The forest is so dense, you see so...T-Thank you for your assistance!" She said in a hurried fashion as she started to put away the things that had been laid out on her own, more or less forcing Sayomi to stand up and assist and in mere moments, everything had been put back properly and the two of them bowed with Sayomi still avoiding eye contact.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would nod, she would give a soft smile as she thought about her father. "Don't worry, medical isn't exactly my forte either, though my father had taught me much of the chakra side of medical healing. He was one that was always worried about me. If only he had the idea to take care of himself every now and then..." Her voice trailed off. Her father failed to keep his promise to her that he would stop going to all these dangerous missions.

She knew why he did it, she has read enough of the files of missions in which he has been in to see the results. There would have been a whole lot more dead people on those higher ranked missions if it wasn't for her father. She wished that she had his compassion to do such things, but she is more geared towards logic than anything else. And even though she is a Sennin, she doubts that she will ever fill the shoes her father has made to try and bring peace everywhere. Hell, she is pretty sure that her father was closer to that goal than she ever will be.

The ANBU Sennin would think about her father, what he would do in this situation. Maybe... just maybe it's not all about doing all the big things, but also doing small things too that will help. Seeing the fox get up, Yuna would get up too and give a soft smile to the pair. "It's okay. This Forest has a tendency to turn people around and make them lost. Would you like me to accompany you on your journey back?"

Santaru Sayomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The pair of summon and kunoichi listened fondly to how Yuna would reminisce upon her father and thought it was rather sweet, though it was also very intelligent to teach her medical ninjutsu depending on her level and she seemed like she was...more than competent enough to be on a higher level than Sayomi was. However, Yume did tilt her head at one thing before shaking it in disagreement as she thought back to it. "Oh, no, Lady Santaru is actually very skilled with medical, though her...disposition leaves her lacking in actual practice. Though, I'd even be willing to state her pure knowledge of the field may be even as high as Lady Shinrya's! However, her confidence hinders her quite a bit..." the snow-white fox stated, the final sentence in a very low voice before she returned to Sayomi.

Now that the pair were given instructions, in a very embarrassed manner, they quickly packed up the little picnic they had going. In truth, they possibly wouldn't have minded staying there for a while long, at least, Sayomi wouldn't have, but even she was feeling rather dismayed by the foolishness of despair that had crept up far too soon since they weren't actually far from civilization. Still, the purple-haired woman was kind and tried to assure her before extending a metaphorical hand of continued aid. Yume looked to Sayomi whose cheeks were a bright crimson and the girl gave a small look towards Yuna, her eyes brown in color overall, but a growing tint of purple clouded her irises all the same. And after a moment, she gave a small nod, her lips moving to say "please" but almost no actual sound surfaced. To this, the small fox looked back to Yuna and mimicked the nod. "If you don't mind, that would be very much appreciated, Miss Chigokai!"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back