Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Always Hopeful [ Open ]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The walk toward through the white corridors was silent between the raikage and the new young sennin. When they reached a room guarded by alert ANBU they knew that they had arrived. The men were dressed in formal black attire with serene white masked that covered most of their countenance except a small hole revealing each other's right eye. The ANBU were not alarmed as the raikage approached them given their venerated bows before they moved out of their way.

Shin calmly turned the nob and quietly entered with Hikari following suit. Shin could see a male body resting on top of medical bed hooked up to various archaic machines; he could hear the humming sounds of the machines as it mimic rhythmic breathing. Shin walked over reaching for the man's head as he pressed two fingers against the man's right eyelid as carefully widening it to reveal his eye. Shin's other hand disappeared into his coat and reappearing with a flat black utensil. His hand began to glow caustic white with the hue deflagrating the tip of tool like a flashlight. He waved the illuminated tool across Do Natsu's eye for a moment.

Once Shin was satisfied he returned the tool back into his coat. "There is some measurable activity." Shin said as he sighed. His eyes caught at glimpse at a clipboard hanging near his bedside. He picked it up discovering that it was Do Natsu's medical papers. He quietly read through it.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The white walls reminded Hikari of her most recent visit to the hospital. She wondered if her old friend, Kahako, was on duty. Hikari would trust the young woman's medical expertise, perhaps more than was warranted. She nodded at the ANBU, and followed the Kage into the smallish room, and immediately noticed a chair beside the bed. It was empty now, but she suspected that Haruka had been here. A safe assumption. She looked up to see Shin doing tests on Natsu. "There is some measurable activity." He sighed, picking up Natsu's medical charts.

"I see by your unhappy sighing that it doesn't seem to be good news." She said with a nod, "Was Haruka right about the prognosis?" She asked, standing a respectable distance away. She ran a hand through her hair, and began to pace. It did her good to move, though it wouldn't help the situation, and the room was terribly small for such anxious movements.

"C'mon Donut, don't give up on us." She muttered as she paced.

[[sorry, I didn't know you had posted until just a little while ago]]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Although everything was pressing up against her, Haruka had to return to the hospital. She would just quickly stop in to check on Natsu. Ever since the incident, Haruka resided over Natsu as director of his care. No doubt she was an absolute pain for every single staff member, but the Shima knew her way in and out of the system. She knew that during his rest, he only deserved the best. She clutched onto the stack of books she had just checked out of the library. There was bound to be a piece of information to help him. Day night she had studied and poured over every medical manuscript she could find.

She nodded at the nurse who charted at her station in the center of the floor that Natsu's room was located. "He has visitors, Shima-San." The nurse stated informatively. Haruka didn't slow the pace of her walk as she headed towards his door. She wondered who could possibly come to see him? Perhaps it was Hikari. Or maybe Jo. Her eyes laid on the ANBU posted outside of the door. They stopped her, staring at her through their masks. She flashed her staff pass to the ANBU, knew she didn't really need to. They had watched her come and go for the past few days. The two looked between each other. One opened the door for the lady, allowing her to sweep into the room.

As the door clicked behind her, she saw the two shinobi. "Hayata-Sama and Tanaka-Sama, I did not mean to intrude." She bowed lowly to the Raikage and gave a respectable bow to her friend. She crossed the room and placed her books down on a table. She always had an uneasiness every time she approached Natsu's body. It all was too surreal. She never expected to see him like this. It was always painful to see him and remind her of how she had failed him. Her steps her quiet and careful as she joined the two of them. "I've been watching over him, My lord. He is stable, but I haven't gotten much improvement out of him. I only hope we can find some way to wake him and soon." She wanted so desperately to reach for his hand, but she could not let her weakness show now. She only remained as a silent statue. Her cold and dark eyes rest on his face.

"Sir, I actually was about to head your way. I've something important to tell you." Her eyes locked with his. Despite her calm exterior, her heart thundered. "Isaki Hoshikata and I, we have a complicated yet close relationship. I just recently ran into him at the library. He...confessed something disturbing to me. Something which I know will be a crucial factor into your decision to trust him. He told me, 'Ishikawa Zaku is no more, by my hands'. He wanted me to challenge him and end his life based on the laws of Kumogakure. But, I found it unwise to confront him alone. He trusts me, so I told him I would let him go. I thought it the only way. Otherwise, he would of run or one of our lives would have ended. You are our leader, and I bring this information to you to decide his fate. I will not act without your direction, Raikage-Sama. What I say is true. I swear on my life."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Indeed." Shin said as he placed the clipboard on a table near the bedside. He sat down a chair stilling showing a small imprint of someone previously sitting in there not too long ago. "It is a rare case of hyperthyroidism, but to see in someone like Do Natsu leads to me to believe that it is genetic." Shin continued as he sat down. "I am surprise that Do Natsu was able to hid his deterioration, especially from a medical nin like Harukua, unless she did not want to believe it." Shin glanced back at Hikari sensing her trepidation as she paced back and forth.

"His own bloodline is killing him. The only thing that is keeping him alive is this coma." Shin thought to himself staring at the unconscious body. A small silhouette caught Shin's eyes as it drifted closer to the door. The door creaked open revealing the distraught Haruka.

"Hayata-Sama and Tanaka-Sama, I did not mean to intrude." She bowed lowly to the Raikage and gave a respectable bow to her friend. She crossed the room and placed her books down on a table.

"Not at all." Shin commented.

"I've been watching over him, My lord. He is stable, but I haven't gotten much improvement out of him. I only hope we can find some way to wake him and soon."

"I fear that the illness is genetic and there is no known cure. However, without a proper bone marrow analysis I am merely speculating. All we can do now is wait and hope he awakes, let us be thankful that he is still alive." Shin said.

"Sir, I actually was about to head your way. I've something important to tell you." Her eyes locked with his. Despite her calm exterior, her heart thundered. "Isaki Hoshikata and I, we have a complicated yet close relationship. I just recently ran into him at the library. He...confessed something disturbing to me. Something which I know will be a crucial factor into your decision to trust him. He told me, 'Ishikawa Zaku is no more, by my hands'. He wanted me to challenge him and end his life based on the laws of Kumogakure. But, I found it unwise to confront him alone. He trusts me, so I told him I would let him go. I thought it the only way. Otherwise, he would of run or one of our lives would have ended. You are our leader, and I bring this information to you to decide his fate. I will not act without your direction, Raikage-Sama. What I say is true. I swear on my life."

"You have made the right decision." Shin said as he cuffed his hand around his chin as he sat back in seat deep in his thoughts. He remember asking about Hoshikata's relationship with Haruka and how unreserved he was with his response. Now, he was clearly infatuated with this young woman revealing something that might bring him to death. None of this made sense. Why would he deliberating want his life to be taken, especially from a woman he just met.

"His words are no different that what he told me and the rest of the sennin, but the fact that he propose that you should conduct the proper lawful action is highly uncharacteristic of him." Shin glanced back at the two women. "The man is no more." Shin thought to himself. "What does that really mean?"

"Do you love him, Haruka-san?" Shin asked.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"It is a rare case of hyperthyroidism, but to see in someone like Do Natsu leads to me to believe that it is genetic." Shin continued as he sat down. "I am surprise that Do Natsu was able to hid his deterioration, especially from a medical nin like Harukua, unless she did not want to believe it." Shin glanced toward Hikari. who looked at him with only the most basic of understandings.
“Of course…” She said, “Lovers don’t often wish to see the objects of their affection falling ill. They tend toward optimism.” She said, “As to genetics… I’m afraid I can’t comment on that, Raikage sama. I am not a mednin.”
"Hayata-Sama and Tanaka-Sama, I did not mean to intrude." Hikari turned to see Haruka enter with an arm full of books. "I've been watching over him, My lord. He is stable, but I haven't gotten much improvement out of him. I only hope we can find some way to wake him and soon." She said as she walked across the room, laying her burden down.
“Haruka san.” She said with a smile, and a half remembered bow. “It is good to see you… even under the current circumstances.” She said, in reply to the Shima’s bow.

"Sir,” She said to Shin, “I actually was about to head your way. I've something important to tell you." It was obvious to Hikari that something else had happened. Something she’s not had time to learn about second hand. "Isaki Hoshikata and I, we have a complicated yet close relationship.” The man she kissed “I just recently ran into him at the library. He...confessed something disturbing to me. Something which I know will be a crucial factor into your decision to trust him.” Hikari had heard about Hoshikata. He seemed the type only tolerable from a distance. She had known many shinobi like him, those who believed themselves the main character in a story which spanned continents. Silly, arrogant men, in her opinion. “He told me, 'Ishikawa Zaku is no more, by my hands'.” Hikari perked at that. She’d not heard Zaku’s name mentioned in some time. This silly man seemed to be claiming responsibility for her friend’s absence. It was a tempting thought… that her friend had been eliminated by some other character, and not by his own vice, and arrogance, but she was not fool enough to believe it. Hikari, none the less, listened attentively, as Haruka concluded. “You are our leader, and I bring this information to you to decide his fate. I will not act without your direction, Raikage-Sama. What I say is true. I swear on my life."

"You have made the right decision." Shin said, seemingly deep in thought. "His words are no different that what he told me and the rest of the sennin, but the fact that he propose that you should conduct the proper lawful action is highly uncharacteristic of him." After another moment of pondering, Shin asked a surprising question; "Do you love him, Haruka-san?"

[mft 500+]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshikata thought he was so solid in his characteristics and so deliberate in all he did, but Haruka knew. She saw through that mask. He was just as confused about himself as she was. The man was evolving, for better or worse she knew not, but the shift made him liable to act irrationally. As angry as the Shima was at him for putting her in this situation, she stilled cared for his safety. She really had hoped he would change. Maybe she should have said what her heart had wanted instead of playing hard. If something were to happen to him, it'd just be another life in her ledger. Another person she was responsible for. Her black widow effect was spreading and it just pushed her further away from humanity.

"Do you love him, Haruka-san?" Shin asked.

Ever so slightly, her lips twitched at the question. The sentinel mask of an emotionless stare remained on the lady's face. The question was quite impertinent, but also invasive. She wasn't expecting such a brutish question to come slamming her up against the wall. Haruka was without words. How could she even answer that when she did not know? Subtly her back straightened as she clicked her heels together to stand at full attention in front of her superiors. Nothing passed on her face as she remained numb to her own feelings. If she could reach inside herself and pull out the answer, she would not have hesitated. There was no reason to lie to Shin, and Hikari always knew even if Haruka tried to hide it.

"Sir, my devotion is to Cloud. I have no right to fall for someone who is an enemy of Cloud. I had hoped he could of made himself useful for us, but if he cannot then I am at no qualms with putting his life to an end for the greater good." Her gaze flickered over to where Natsu laid, a split second of weakness passed on her face before she stared ahead once again. "That is what I wish I could say with a strong heart, but to be truthful, Lord Raikage...I am unsure. I love Natsu with all of my heart. That is indisputable. When it comes to Hoshikata, my heart is torn into different directions. I could never love someone who hurts my village or anyone in it. I know he wants to change and prove himself. He wouldn't lie to me about that. However, I do not want to seem naive to you, sir." Her face softened with grief. The sandy shade of her irises shined under the lights of the room as she looked back to Natsu's sleeping face. She wondered if he could hear her. What would he think?

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haruka's response was the the appropriate response as if formulated ahead of time. Did she really believe every word she was saying? It was undeniable that she loved Natsu despite her capricious mind seeking the affection of another. She could not be blamed for not seeking companionship as any rational being would do the same. Also, Harkaru was capable of not be manipulated by a politician like Hoshikata so why did this bother Shin?

Shin's examined the woman with interest noticing her somber eyes look toward Do Natsu wishing he would respond. The woman was in pain and obfuscated by her troubles.

"I am sorry, Harkua-san. You must understand that I needed to know where your heart stood in this matter. I have no intention of berating how you truly feel.
However, I do need more context about your conversation with Hoshiakata. What led him to say this? Would you mind starting at the beginning?" Shin asked.

[Sorry for the late post]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[As there's really nothing for me to reply to, Please continue as though Hikari has stepped back, allowing Shin and Haruka to speak. I will post next round]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The beginning...?" She questioned backed with nervousness tickling her throat. A dark eyebrow that contrasted her snowy skin rose in skepticism. It was so hard to pin point where to begin. Their whole relationship was just so complicated. She cleared her throat, eyes resting on her fallen love gently. "I met Hoshikata before I left for Roenesia, on my way to the harbor. We had a intimate discussion about our backgrounds. We are so similar. Or so I thought..." The day's events had shown her otherwise. It did nothing to help either of them. They were drifting apart, when it was most dire for them to to understand. She wanted nothing more than for him to belong somewhere. To not be Hoshikata the Liar, but to be an alley. Her grasp was only inches away, but she felt herself sinking bit by bit. "Last we met, I told him that I did not want to see him again until he was an ally of Cloud. When I returned, I had completely forgotten about him. It had been almost a year. However, he had not forgotten me. He left me a note, saying he was going to right his wrong and go after Masao's killer. I suppose you knew of this though, Hayata-Sama."

She did her best to avoid the intimate parts of their relationship. The last thing Haruka wanted was for her commander to think she was a nuke sympathizer and compromised by her feelings for Hoshikata. Nothing could ever make her betray Cloud. "We met again today, for the first time in a year at the library. With all frankness, if granted your forgiveness for my brash tongue, I think this mission is a foolish attempt at redemption. And the man that allowed him to do such dirty work for us is not an honorable man. He will be searching for a corpse, almost certain to never find it. What bitterness that will grow in his heart when he finds his search in vain. I could not allow him to do such a thing for us...And, I also did not want him to do such a thing for me. I told him I wanted him to be free of his darkness, but I did not mean that he needed to chain himself to Cloud for such futile missions." A certain cold fire glimmered behind her almond eyes as she stared squarely at Shin.

"In order to help him, I pushed him away. I am a tool for Cloud, I told him. If he thought I no longer desired love or attention, I thought he might free himself of a task he set to do just for my sake. However, I misjudged him. That's when he told me about Zaku. He wanted to show me he was honest in his actions. He revealed something that could potentially kill him to gain my trust again. Truthfully, I do not think he means to harm any of us anymore, but I may have pushed him back into that mindset with my words...I am sorry, my lord. I may have jeopardized the safety of our village."

MFT

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The affections of a woman could compel the hearts of any man, even those of shinobi. Shin had seen this first hand with many individuals: Enishi, his father, and in some degree himself. It was clear that Haruka was worried that her rejection of Hoshikata could lead to unwarranted consequences. Shin still did not understand what Haruka said or do that cause Hoshikata's desires and affection be manipulated by Haruka, as she has stated they only knew each other for a year. Was this just another game that Hoshikata was playing?

He could see the intensity in her burning eyes as she peered through Shin. The young woman still had some adoration for Hoshikata, despite his capricious and often manipulative behavior. Either way, she was right to not add more problems then what was already there.

"You must understand that Hoshikata is doing this on his own volition. He is not a man that is easily manipulated. However I do understand your trepidation. I would not want to bring any unneeded suffering. I will discuss about other things..."

"Excuse me Raikage-sama, your presence is needed at the Towers." A young woman's voice said over the intercom.

"We can discuss at another time. If you will excuse me. Have faith Haruka, Do Natsu will wake again." Shin said with a grin patting her on the solder. "If you wish to remain Hikari you can or you can accompany me."

[[Leaving Topic]]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari simply allowed herself to fade into the background this time. Things were being spoken of that she knew she should be aware of, so she listened. She would remember all that she learned, and file it away for later use.

"Hayata sama," Hikari said as he began to leave, wanting to confirm her place in the line of succession. "I'll walk you back." She said, "Shima san." She bowed, and then followed Shin out. She would confirm with him her place and title off screen, leaving the spotlight on Shima san and her beloveds. She looked back as she got to the door and shook her head, "Fricking pervert." she whispered as she left.

[leaving unless stopped]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manipulative. Since the news broke of them, that's the only word she ever heard. Yet, she had never been tricked into loving him. After all, she was the one who reached out for him. Right? Was he playing with her? She smacked the idea aside. She truly believe it to be impossible. Still, her heart and mind were swarming with emotions that she did not know how to control or understand. She was just a child when it came to matters of the heart. Even when it came to matters of friendship, she was clueless to it all. Her icy exterior had kept her at such a distance for all of her life that she did not know how to handle people in a warm and close way. She only knew business, duty, and honor. But, Masao had open the gates. He showed her the way. Natsu had unlatched the cage and he wanted her to fly. So, why couldn't she take this leap just yet? She had the wings and the sky. She just needed the faith.

Hayata Shin, the Raikage, was a kind man after all. He laid a hand on the Shima's shoulder, grinning while he professed to have the faith she lacked. Natsu would wake one day. She knew that. It would be by her hands he would wake. She'd find a way to cure him. She looked to Hikari who was also leaving. The woman gave a low bow to both as they left the room together. "Where will everything fall once this is all over?" She wondered aloud.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back