Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Appointment [AiT Request]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
asukava_zps84924a99.jpg

shionxi_zps77e32303.jpg

Mishima Asuka would make his way into the Torre Celeste, eyes forward and chin tilted up, back straight. He wanted to make a good impression today, to show that he was a confident youth, one that would make a good addition to the ANBU branch. He would be impressed by the architecture, slowing in his steps as he took it all in before his eyes settled on the information desk. He would take a deep breath, tossing his silky hair over his shoulder and straightening his shirt, the boy hoping that his choice in clothing would be adequate. He had an extensive wardrobe at home but he had no idea how formal one would have to be when meeting someone like a Sennin. If he dressed too fancy would she think he was stuck up? And too shabby and she may have believed he wasn't taking it seriously. So he decided on something in between, something casual yet not too common. Moving up to the desk he would catch the attention of the attendant there, offering the brightest smile he could. "Hello, my name is Mishima Asuka. I'm here for an appointment with the ANBU Sennin." He would say, able to mask his nervousness easily.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Sorry for the hold-up!

The receptionist on duty gave Mishima a clinical once-over in the blink of an eye. Whatever she saw didn't seem to make an impression one way or the other.

"The Sennin is leaving for a mission soon. I will see if she's still available, Mishima-san." She rose from the desk and moved behind the shelves until she was partially obscured. There was a small mechanical click, and then she could be heard murmuring.

A few minutes later, she returned. "She will be with you shortly. You may take a seat if you like." She gestured towards the leather upholstered seats in the renovated lounge.

"Shortly" would end up being a matter of debate. Time in the Torre moved oddly, thanks to the Raikage's many experiments with genjutsu and the nature of reality. But eventually someone emerged from the forbidding, guarded double doors--someone in a half-visor and charcoal grey cloak. Their steps took them noiselessly to Mishima.

"Mishima Asuka, Jounin," she stated. "And you want...?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
asukava_zps84924a99.jpg

"Thank you..." He would say as he turned and made his way to the seats, sitting down and crossing his legs as he began to wait. He could be an patient person, in fact you needed to be if you were going to be a martial artist, but he was anxious to get the meeting over with. He turned his head, looking over the inside of the building once more, wondering what Yukiko was up to at that moment. Probably keeping the house as tidy as she could, or maybe taking a trip to the marketplace. He began to think about what he would make them for dinner, interrupted in his thoughts as he noticed a figure approach him. He would stand up to his full unimpressive height of 5'2", his gaze not wavering as he looked up at the cloaked figure. "I want to be an ANBU." He would say simply, smiling as he rested one of his hands on his hips.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin looked down on the boy. If even she were able to see the top of someone's head, then that person was small.

"Oh. That's nice. Now even the midgets think I'm running a circus. Get out, kid, I have places to be," she growled, and brushed past him on the way towards the Torre's front doors. "What kind of foolery is this?" she muttered.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
asukava_zps84924a99.jpg

Asuka would blink a few times as the woman dismissed him so easily, unable to believe what he had heard. Was he going crazy? Had he forgotten to take his pills before he left the house? He would reach up and lightly pinch his cheek, wincing as he felt the pain. No, this was really happening, and his eyes narrowed as he looked towards the retreating figure. He moved quickly, hands clenching into fists as his mind buzzed with the hundreds of things he wanted to say at that moment, the majority of which would have surely gotten him thrown out into the streets. "Hey! Wait!" He would yell out as he quickened his steps, moving to stop in front of the Sennin, eyes defiantly looking up at her. "With all due respect, ma'am, I made an appointment to see you and I refuse to be pushed aside so easily!" He would take a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down, hands moving to firmly plant themselves on his hips. "I graduated from the Academy with high marks and I'm a more than capable fighter! It's been my goal since then to join the ANBU and I don't take kindly to the fact that you're going to overlook me simply for my size!" He would huff as he continued to look up at her, still shocked that his first meeting with the Sennin would leave him with such a bad impression of the woman.

Risu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Risu burst through the doors without bothering to trace the editorial history of Kumo ingrained on the doors not because it wasn’t eye catching, nor because she was overly familiar with it. No, there was just little point in dawdling anymore. She’d delayed the meeting for a fair bit, as was her prerogative. Because well, things needed done and in a position of some responsibility that meant that getting said things done was a wonderful excuse for delaying the non-urgent. As fortunate as it was that such things needed doing, what was not was the fact that the vast majority of it was administrative in nature. Important, yes. Interesting… only in an academic manner. A manner which, frankly, had left her very quickly.

Her entrance was just in time to see a short bundle of anger attempt to dress down the very person Risu herself had come to see. Of course, how one dresses down those taller than they, let alone when that person is none other than Santaru Rin, ANBU Sennin, Regent Commander, Titles, Honors, et cetera et cetara was beyond the young woman. One did not address Rin as such and expect to get away with it. Of course, those that did often didn’t have expectations in the first place because they forgot to think. Or died.

The timing couldn’t be better. Or worse. Better? No worse. Aw, whatever.

“Rin, Commander! Just who I wanted to speak to. I know I haven’t seen you recently. Been busy getting the Division into shape. You’ve seen the paperwork of course. Which brings me to the point… Oh gawd I’m bored. Riiiiiiiiiiiin.” Risu practically wailed, appearing exquisitely nonchalant about the vision presented by such unprofessional behavior to the random people present. The receptionist however, received a wink and grin when her eyes met Risu’s. A clear ‘No, I will not stop disturbing your space, besides, I know you’re enjoying it.’ “I mean really Rin, it’s not totally my fault I didn’t get that feather. Those kids assigned to me had to go and get into a mess, and now they’ve all washed out or become hermits or some nonsense. Let me out to plaaaaay already.”

She was pouting while discreetly eyeing the kid. All in all, this was about how she thought the meeting would go. Maybe a little less dramatic. Maybe more time to actually speak with Rin after the whole feather mess had blown over. But perhaps she’d save the kid some backlash now and catch the commander in a better mood. Or, at least, a less busy one.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin's eyes narrowed dangerously as the diminutive ninja interposed himself between her and the exit. What an unwise move for someone asking a favor. A breeze from the open door tempted her to just knock over the wastrel and make her way to the Gates, but a reputation of that sort did no one any good. She pursed her lips briefly, eyes catching the incoming ANBU's just before the latter began shouting her name.

“Rin, Commander! Just who I wanted to speak to. I know I haven’t seen you recently. Been busy getting the Division into shape. You’ve seen the paperwork of course. Which brings me to the point… Oh gawd I’m bored. Riiiiiiiiiiiin,” Risu whined energetically.

"Push you aside?" Rin said after in the midst of the natural caesura, then, unexpectedly, burst into hysterical laughter. "I can just step over you!"

“I mean really Rin, it’s not totally my fault I didn’t get that feather. Those kids assigned to me had to go and get into a mess, and now they’ve all washed out or become hermits or some nonsense. Let me out to plaaaaay already.”

Rin glared at her captain. "I don't care! It's not my problem! Take care of it! Where's my feather, Gateru? You lost three trainees, Gateru! What did you do, misplace them in a body bag, Gateru? I tell you to take them out for a walk, and then one washes out and two fall off the face of the planet! You know what? Kirito just got in touch with me because he's been looking for daddy. You know--you better show up for that class too. But you better not talk to me until you get that feather!"

On impulse, she made a curt motion towards Mishima. "Take this fool with you. If you don't manage to lose him, maybe he's got some use to me! Get the goddamn feather!"

[TLUS]
OOC said:
Have fun on your trainee exam, Asuka-Iori...

Yen
ASP
Deaths
asukava_zps84924a99.jpg

"W-what!? Are you actually teasing me!? Aren't you supposed to be the Sennin? I certainly expected-" Whatever foolish rant he would have laid on the Sennin would be lost as they were suddenly interrupted by another person, a younger girl who had made a beeline straight toward them. He would wince as she wailed like a child, the boy incensed by the fact that they were interrupted by some kid. He wasn't able to catch most of their conversation as he had no idea what they were talking about, though one part did stick out to him. It was obvious that the girl was an ANBU, as surprising as that was, but she also had some kids 'assigned' to her. Assigned? It certainly didn't sound like she was an ANBU in training, though it made him wondered how someone who seemed to be childish managed to make it in the organization. Perhaps they weren't as elite as the outer villages were meant to believe? Growing up they had only been talked about in hushed whispers, and seeing one meant that something bad either happened or was about to go down. And of course there was the tall tales, about how they were actually living shadows, or how they could shoot fire from their eyes. Tales made to frighten children, perhaps, but it was still better to err on the side of caution. Which means perhaps he shouldn't have mouthed off like he did lest the Sennin incinerate him with her gaze.

The Sennin would finally address him, though in a much less courteous way than he would've liked. It sounded like he would be coming along with the other female to...get a feather? That didn't sound like much of a mission for an ANBU hopeful, pouting softly as he turned to look at Risu. "Who are you? And what's all this nonsense about a feather?" He would ask her as he raised a brow, feeling lost at the moment.

Risu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Risu is in her mid-twenties and looks as such.

“Riiiiin!? As if it was my fault they washed out!” Risu objected, indignation sparking in her voice. “Stop teasing! Hey, wait Rin!”

“I DON'T CAAAARE! YOU SUCK, BAAAAAI! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!” came Rin’s farewell, devoid all apparent care and followed with what sounded distinctly like a pleased cackle. It probably should have given Risu a pause, even a slight one, but the apparent lack of regard actually served to comfort the woman. After all if she were actually mad, Rin would have done something other than forbid her to leave the village, focus on things that needed to get done anyways and then follow that up with telling her to go get the feather again.

“We’re at least going out for dinner or something! Or a mission! Yanno, something fun!” Risu called at the retreating Sennin's back, then tsk'd at the air. Of course she still wanted the feather. It had probably been said before, but what a Sennin wanted, a Sennin got. Yanno, assuming they were sane and had reasonable wants. Given the mess of power that shinobi carried, it was a scary thought to think about one who simply decided to chase desires without limitations. Such ninja were inevitably going to wind up as criminals and/or nukes which generally meant that she would have to deal with them. Not a fun thought indeed. “Wait… What class?”

“Who are you? And what's all this nonsense about a feather?” interrupted any further thought on that line. Risu eyed her unexpected charge properly for the first time. Bishounen chibi. Yep, that’s what Rin had just thrown at her.

“No no. Wait. No. Who are you? Wait no. Later. First.” Risu proceeded to start maneuvering the boy with her and out of the building. “Gateru Risu, ANBU Taichou, Hunter Division. And we are going hunting for a feather from a… Wut da hell dis feather bird called again?” she paused, as if to recall a memory or look at some unseen screen for her lines. “ “THUNDABURD? Kaaay. To the gates now, more details on the way.”

“Tryanna keep up, kay Chibi-Bishie!?”

[TLUS]
OOC said:
We’ll move to this to gates and then depart to the Monumentum Deo for the C-Rank Mission “The Wind in Fists.” Which… well, you don’t get anything for except perhaps ANBU ;D

Yen
ASP
Deaths
asukava_zps84924a99.jpg

"...Taichou? You're...you're actually a captain?" The boy's eyes would grow wide as the woman began to hurry him out the door, flabbergasted by her attitude. She seemed hyper, silly, definitely a far cry from what he thought an ANBU would be like. Was it a good thing? Possibly, since at least it let him know that they weren't all soulless killbots. He wasn't too keen on the idea of hunting thunderbirds, not necessarily that it might be dangerous but because he had little experience when it came to punching birds in the face, though he assumed it wouldn't be that different from a human...he would just have to aim higher. Whatever, he wasn't going to complain, he now had a chance to prove himself to a Captain, and that's all he could really ask for.

"It's Asuka! Mishima Asuka! Don't call me Chibi!" He would correct her, following her closely to the gates.

[TLUS]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back