Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Another day of dark news [Private][Hokage]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi walked through the hallways of the Hokage mansion, he allowed himself to breath in deeply. He knew this was news that probably no-one wanted to deliver. But some harsh truths needed to be told to the Hokage, his will is the village motto. He needed to know all and see all, as he walked through brushing past a few people. It seemed that everyone was heading the opposite direction of which he was walking.

Weird they all seemed in a rush.

He brushed the thought from his mind as he allowed himself to stop by a mirror. Checking everything over he looked at his hair, his clothes the massive black trench coat with the clan logo. It was his normal wear form day to day and this was no exception. As he came to the office in front of the Hokage door. He looked at the secretary knowing that she didn’t need to know the business.

“I am going to see the Hokage….if anything happens summon the sennin”

Takeshi stepped forward and threw the door and closed it behind him. His eyes ready to meet those of the Hokage as he looked towards the man, standing there preparing to tell the Hokage the news.

“Lord Umashi, I have news”

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Why didn't they call first? As Takeshi waltzed into the Hokage's office, Umashi was in the middle of setting paper balls on fire and throwing them into the waste basket where they were quickly growing into something that would soon be a problem. Umashi was going to try and ignore Takeshi until the guy spoke up and didn't leave. Turning in his swivel chair to look at Takeshi, Umashi stretched a hand to the side and snapped his fingers twice as the whole of the trash in the waste basket exploded with a loud popping noise and soon the metal can was lightly smoking. "I know that it'll probably fall on deaf ears but please don't go bringing me anymore bad news." Although Umashi fully expected the man to bring him bad news, the last few nights since the Sennin fallout had been sleepless at best. In fact, Umashi was going to be meeting with a few people to discuss his plans going forward. Crossing his arms, Umashi leaned back in his seat as his black medical scrubs coupled with his obvious displeasure wasn't going to earn him any awards on this day.

OOC: Yomi and Tama (Now an NPC) called into the topic.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked to the exploding bin, his gut twisted slightly but he stood tall as ever. Knowing full well that this was the worst time this had to be done. As he looked to the Hokage he wondered if waiting would be the right move, but knew that Umashi needed to be told as he walked forward standing in front of the desk.

“Umashi, you need to know. It’s your duty to the Village, you are the lord and as such you need to stand tall right now”

Takeshi didn’t blink, he knew from looking at the situation and Umashi’s words that things were bad. Though he couldn’t be prepared for how bad, of course this news probably wasn’t the best one. Seeing the Hokage facing him made him unnerved but he shrugged it off. He was here to help the village and do a duty, that was all and if he was punished for it so be it.

“As of right now….”

The pause came from his lips as he pondered how to word it right, but his approach had been truthful even if it may come off in a weird way he would not let his actions betray the village or sugar coat it.

“Yuuto has ran from the gates, and official is now announced as a missing ninja of the leaf village”

Takeshi let the words sink in not wanting to see others suffer. Especially not wanting to bring hurt to the Hokage, the man seemed slightly down and out right now and annoyance glanced across his face. This was not the normal Umashi as he frowned his hands folded over.

“You know, you told me the first time we met that I never had to call you Hokage, but that is what you are. You are a man of action, advice and wisdom. You are the head of the village, pull yourself up tall, put that hat on and feel proud. We are proud to call you our Hokage, act like it.”

Takeshi knew his words would have consequences, but all the students, everyone looked up to this man. He needed to lead, drive and be the pulse that pumped the blood around the village so to speak.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
6OrfGnT.png

Yomi was not used to being summoned. Quite the opposite in fact, as she was used to doing the summoning. She was on her way to lunch with Asuka when she got the summons. Never could she have a normal day, since Yume left on sabbatical. Why, just the other day she was used as Child Protective Services; A thing that she was sure the hospital, and the village for that matter, was equipped to handle. Thankfully, Asuka was more than understanding about her pushing their lunch date back for an hour or so and she really didn’t have a choice.

She walked into the Hokage’s office and announced who she was to the assistant who was gracious enough to let her in, right after looking her up and down. She was dressed for a nice time out, not a last-minute, unplanned meeting with her boss. Everyone would just have to deal with it.

“Hello.” She looked to Umashi and then to Takeshi. She stood quietly as she listened to Takeshi give his report about Yuuto. Masaru Yuuto, she thought about their brief meeting and how he seemed nice enough. Besito thought so too. What would make him go missing? Of course, that question wouldn’t be answered by any of the folks in the room but it was nice to make up scenarios as she waited until the Hokage told her why she was brought here.

Yomi was pulled out of her imaginary scenarios of Yuuto and why he left when she heard Takeshi say that the Kage should act like a Kage. Her brow raised ever so slightly at his insolence. Whether there relationship made it okay to speak to him in that manner or not was irrelevant. Yomi was standing here. Proper protocol would dictate that he saved their familiar banter when other people were not around. She was offended on the Hokage's behalf, but, remained quiet, Better Umashi than the Goddess because she wouldn't tolerate such disrespect from the Initiated.

[Topic Entered]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suddenly appearing in the hallway as he was doing paperwork in another room getting the provisions ready for such a thing as the mission he was setting out to find the people to embark upon. Tama found himself called into action, though he it was not for war... it was for diplomatic reasons. Umashi needed his ear and opinion? Alright. Tama would stop what he was doing, because anything Umashi asked of him was important. Opening the door he'd just be brought with a KFC combo bucket, dark meat, thighs and all. "Uh.. You needed me Umashi?", trying his hardest not to look to hard, but as you see... companionship was something that he was lacking as of late... in the wake of the deceased Hakuren... whom he still never found out was actually a male.

"Who are you?", eyeing Takeshi, he'd tilt his head wondering what the emerald head man wanted... He did indeed have a deep hatred for the hair... a certain girl he met a long time ago would sorta change this, but she as the only exception thus far. Maybe he'd get some answers soon but the more important things were Who this woman was... and what Umashi wanted, in that order... Sorry Hokage-sama.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
qLhNmZJ.gif

The two letter affirmation of the Hokage acknowledging the former ANBU Captain's words were as uncaring as they were coy. With the sort of week that Umashi was having, the words that Takeshi spouted off had about as small an impact as one could imagine when it came to Umashi's demeanor. Though he was indeed further infuriated to find that Yuuto had run off, he refused to waste what time that he had deeply concerned and overly worried about what the former Sennin had eventually done. In some respects Umashi expected it, and if Takeshi thought that he had some secret key to the kingdom concerning riling Umashi up to action, he was severely mistaken.

Though he was still rather cross with Takeshi from he too had stormed out a meeting that hadn't gone his way, Umashi straightened himself up and pulled out pen and paper from his drawer. As he began to write he allowed the three to stand or sit as they were as he talked to them in a matter of fact way.
"See the way that the whole Konoha-Kumo Alliance thing works . . . we don't mess with Kumo shinobi and they don't mess with ours. Heck, we need to alert Kumo as to what happened with Yuuto. Even though Yuuto ran from here, I don't want to start an incident by going after him because it actually wasn't one of the things we discussed. That and he's dangerous, don't go after him." As he said the last part, he looked up from his writing and pointed his pen squarely at Takeshi.

"That means you, especially." His gaze was brief but pointed and he quickly went back to writing. "I'm making a new law, called "Yuuto's Law." and it will detail those like Yuuto who are considered too dangerous to go after and too costly to take down. Those like Yuuto on this list will not be allowed to be hunted unless they breach Konoha walls or are threatening our people abroad. You see these people while visiting random-Jim-Bob-village in the Dragon Country, then you keep it cordial. See them hanging out at Kitsune Park, then you drop bombs on them like it's the Summer Slam '92. Recklessly going after people on this list to the detriment of Konoha will render a full disavowal by Konoha of said individual and no assistance will be rendered to them should they bite off more than they can chew.

What I'm not going to have on my watch is some vigilante gang trying to take on the big cat in hopes of getting the big cheese."
Umashi rambled on as he finally drew up the law in full and called in his secretary as he requested that she go immediately to the village council and not leave until she personally heard the telegraph machines spreading the message to all corners of the Fire Country where Konoha shinobi might be stationed. Folding his hands when he was done he eye'd all three of the shinobi before him and then spoke once more, this time with a less agitated tone about him. "I On another note, I have to travel to Sunagakure in order to open new trade routes to the West. I don't plan on lingering but in my absence, the village council will be running the political side of things as they commonly do , while I'll ask that you three run the shinobi side."

Though he wasn't going to earn any new acts of praise for his newly enacted law and the fact that he was once again quickly making appointments under duress, Umashi did what was commonly referred to as needful and made some more. "Yomi, you are hereby promoted to Medic Chief, Takeshi, you are immediately moved back to the ANBU branch with the rank of Captain, and Tamashii, I'm going to have to postpone your resignation until after I come back despite your heavy loss. In my absence, Tamashii is acting Hokage should any national crisis arise. Takashi and Yomi, you two are to support him." Swift and lacking finesse, Umashi issued orders much like a parent would to a grown child moving out of the home and off to experience the world. "Because somebody might try my hand, if any of you dies, I'm personally holding the one or one's left standing responsible, so cozy up." Having said what he said and how he'd said it, Umashi expected at least one of them to issue a rebuttal. In expecting as much, Umashi leaned back in his chair and waited. "Questions, concerns, request for vacation time?"

OOC: Relative OOC rough draft of Yuuto's Law below. Pardon the wonky date.
~Yuuto's Law~
Law: There exist threats in the world that due to the safety of Konoha citizens have been deemed too costly to pursue. Such threats as these, whether they be shinobi or otherwise will be considered risk to be avoided at all cost. Pursuing such threats and purposefully engaging them without provocation will render any such agents of Konoha disavowed and on their own. Threats such as these will only be engaged by order of the Hokage directly. Exceptions to this law only include in the defense of Konohagakure proper and agents abroad who are in clear and imminent danger due to such threats.

Threat List:
Masaru Yuuto - By Order of the Nidaime Hokage, Umashi XX/YY/ZZ

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi was not necessarily surprised by the Hokage’s announcement, after all the Hospital was running on fumes and she would have come to this decision had she been in his shoes. She wished, however, that it was not done as soon as it was. There were things that she wanted to do that could not be done as quietly now that she was promoted. The main thing she wanted was to stay under the radar. Her plans were effectively ruined.

“Thank You, Hokage-sama.” With a slight nod of her head she replied. She glanced over at Takeshi and then to Tamashii. She had not met Tamashii before and it looked like they’d be working closely while Umashi was away. Perhaps, she’d even have something to say to the reinstated ANBU Captain. She had not forgiven him for his shenanigans during the class, even if she intruded upon him. It seemed that she was not the only one with some mixed feelings about Takeshi with how hard Umashi pointed his pen at the man.

She listened to the Hokage's new decree as she looked between her Medical Sennin and Takeshi. This law, at its essence, de-fanged ANBU in the pursuit of Yuuto and left them, and anyone for that matter, out to dry if they even tried. While it was worded in a way that any shinobi could potentially be placed on this list if they were considered dangerous enough, what Yomi heard was what was left unsaid.

All villages have a Bingo Book. Yomi knew this after spending the majority of her life outside of Konoha and inside other villages. Yuuto was not any more dangerous than any person placed in these books as far as she knew. So, what was it about Yuuto that made him get his own special law? As far as Yomi was concerned, it wasn’t about that man at all, it was about ANBU. She had an off hand thought that she should have gave Yuuto her name when he politely asked for it. Shame.

In her little bit of five minutes in the Hokage's Office, she guessed Umashi did not trust ANBU, and probably to a greater extent, Takeshi. Whatever happened between them that caused this break in their relationship, lack of trust, and aggressive pen pointing, Yomi didn’t know. The Goddess had yet to decide if she cared enough to go down that route of discovery.

To her new…teammates…she spoke.

“It seems I’ll be taking up residence within the hospital for a bit. You can find me there if you need a proper introduction or anything really. I have no questions, but, if you all will excuse me, I am late for my previous engagement.” She gave a small smile before excusing herself from the meeting.

Asuka would really have a field day with this new development especially now that Yomi no longer had a reason to keep telling Asuka no when she mentioned starting a business in the village. At least one of them would get good news today.

[TLUS]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi watched as Umashi pointed the pen at him, though he was probably right to do so given the history that the three of them had. As he stood there listening to the words he nodded understanding the duty that was being given to him. It seemed that things really had gotten intresting over the last few days to say the least. Before replying to the Hokage who he knew needed a full answer and not just to be brushed off he turned to the man he had never seen before. It was an intresting look he was going for, but that much was about it.

“Uchiha Takeshi, I was around the village for a while now, I was here and gone and back. Umashi knows the details. I was trained by Kami and then Senju. Have served leaf and its people and will continue to do so. May I ask who you are in return?”

A trade of information would seem fair, as he waited for the man to respond he decided it was probably best to give a reply to the Hokage. Knowing full well that things needed to be sorted out in a nice and easy fashion. He smiled as friendly as he could be to Umashi.

“You have my word I will not pursue this matter anymore. How long will your travels take out of intrest. It seems you have only just returned to the village and now after all of this….you are leaving again. Just wondering when to expect you back.”

Takeshi listened to the last part of the words before wondering what to respond with, as he listned for a few seconds. He paused about to bring up his current position swap, but decided against it Umashi put him back to ANBU for a reason, he wasn’t about to question it at all. As he pondered for a few seconds.

“We will keep the village fine Hokage, Tamashii will have us on a steady track, he seems a respectable man. Even if he does like his chicken…..You have my word again that I will not falter him or the village. Your will, his words as such. Question for you though. Training, Exams and bringing the newer members up to Branch. I presume you give your stamp of approval for us to do so with confidence that those deserving will be promoted.”

Waiting for a response he stood there with just himself and this strange man in front of the Hokage.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding, "I am Yumoto Tamashii, I was apart of the effort to bring Konoha back to the Shinobi. Former ANBU Sennin and Warrior elite of Stone. As well as Leaf ANBU Captain and ANBU Sennin... Now the Adviser of the Hokage himself... Umashi personally brought me in. A pleasure comrade... I look forward to working with you." nodding he would look to Yomi once again before huffing at Umashi's words. This was everything Tamashii ever wanted but he didnt expect it to be on the heels of his love lost. He wasnt completely in the frame of mind needed to run this village but he would suck it up and move on the notion he would be looking towards. This was going to be a wonderful thing, Umashi would make the order that if any of them were to have died during his absence... There would be repercussions Not that it bothered Tamashii, he was prone to being out of devious situations of death. So with a light shrug and a look to Yomi and Umashi then to Takeshi.

"Well my office is down the hall... So while Umashi is gone I'll Seal this up and if anything is needed of me, You can find me there or in my home at the Clan Housing area... Either is fine.", nodding he'd vanish once again moving back to his place to begin writting things up to push the new law forward as per Umashi's words.

[Topic Left Unless stopped]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Feeling good as everyone seemed to agree to things, Umashi held back rolling his eyes as Takeshi asked the questions that needed to be asked but that he didn't feel like going over. Reaching below his desk, he pulled out a long wooden case and sat it on top of the desk before Takeshi. Opening it up he pulled out a slender and sleek blade as he tested it in the air to the side of his desk. It was an interesting artifact to behold, and when Umashi infused chakra into it, the blade began to glow with all sorts of colors from the rainbow. Hues of red , orange, yellow and even down to the other end of the spectrum. Channeling the natural elements through it, he continued to play with it before cutting off whatever switch he had cut on to allow it to be manipulated by chakra. With a final swipe of the air, Umashi placed the blade back into its holder and closed it. "I plan on being gone for a week or two. Thr, tops, but you all may run exams. Just don't try and be slick and appoint a new Kage or Sennin in my absence or . . . we'll have words exchanged." As if to cement his conviction to clear up any issues quickly, Umashi tapped on the box holding the sword twice to get the point across. "I think that about solves things, right?" Umashi would forgive the questioning and the possible leading that they could do to giving the impression that he was anything other than a very busy Hokage. Ultimately he was doing this for the future of the village and not just for himself.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi glanced to the words of the Hokage taking them in for a few seconds. With the other two leaving it was clear he was just staying around at this point for the simple fact of staying. It was more of an uncomfortable silence in the air as he looked around just checking the office before he would leave. He decided to say a small thank you, though the trust between the two was still a new thing. It could easily be fractured or broken he didn’t want to outstay his welcome.

“Thank you for your time Umashi, have a safe trip and fun trip. Let’s hope your fruits of labour come to fruition.”

Takeshi looked to his thoughts for a few seconds before turning around and walking away, he knew full well that at this moment things were awkward inside the village. That much had become clear to him, though he knew full well that he could improve things. As he turned the door handle and opened the door to leave he paused and turned to Umashi.

“I’m sorry that the bad news came from me Umashi, I truly am”

With that he shut the door and walked off leaving the Hokage alone with his own thoughts and workload to get through.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back