Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Anti-Hero. [Private]

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: I don't even think you could fathom how many meetings I have had this week. >>;;]

A gentleman--that could describe Ayumu the most. He was polite, and knew how to carry himself in the presence of others. He was unlike most of the men in the world nowadays. It was no doubt that he would feel a little in awe from the beautiful things that had been collected into the home. Her house had been built by her father--or rather his servants--and the furniture hand-picked by her mother. The art was collected over the years from presents from family. Wasn't that a stupid present? 'Happy Birthday, honey, we love you! To show our love, we're going to give you a sculpture of an elephant. Kisses!' The Aksuko family was painfully materialistic. Everything they cherished was a material. Everything they needed was a material. Clothes, art, a house, everything. They needed a way of transportation. Not just any old thing. They needed a horse. Not just any horse. A white horse. Not just a filthy white horse. A white horse carrying a carriage. Not just any carriage. A black carriage. Not just any old black carriage. A polished black carriage with a black leather interior. That was the way they thought. There was no way they'd be seen on a bicycle. There was no way they'd be able to live with the fact that their daughter was living in a shack with a bicycle. Oh no! That would for-shame the Aksuko family. Katzumi would need the most fantastic and artistic things that every blessed Suna!

Inside the bedroom, he followed her--which was expected. Unlike any other person, who would find the bedroom private and awkward to show anyone, Kat found that everything that blessed her household was all for show. That was the thing: Katzumi lived in a house, not a home. Rather, she lived in a museum. Katzumi, assuming he changed while she was turned around, took any excess clothes from him that wasn't needed from the outfit he had on, and left the room, only to nearly run into Mizuki, who was eaves dropping. "Oh." Katzumi said, blinking a few times. Mizuki winced, as though she expected to be scolded by the woman for being so nosey. "I was just about to fetch you," Kat inquired, smiling, "Here. Wash these along with the shirt--remember the secret to getting the blood out?" She winked to her, as though Zuki was an innocent child of hers, and they had a fun little secret together. "Off you go." Katzumi smiled, Mizuki nodding excitedly as she hurried off and Kat gave a slow sigh of reminiscence.

"I miss my childhood." Kat would say suddenly, her back to Ayumu as she leaned against the doorframe. "Everything was so innocently happy then." Her words hung in the air for a moment before Ayumu would comment on her bedroom. She'd turn to face him, pieces of her golden locks falling from her ponytail and into her face as she gave a gentle smile. "Oh, yes, it's quite...um..." She looked to it, as though to hope it would tell her the word she was looking for. "It's quite fancy," She agreed, moving to it as she wiped her hand across the blanket to smooth out the creases. "I don't sleep on it much--quite often find myself passed out on the couch after a long day, honestly." Katzumi gave that musical laugh again before she'd turn and motion towards the hallway.

"How about that food?" She smiled, turning and making her way down to the kitchen--Mizuki no where in sight--as she pulled open the fridge, motioning for Ayumu to take a seat. "Can I get you something to drink?" She'd ask, pouring herself a glass of red wine before fetching his drink--if he wanted one. "I hope you like sushi--I had prepared the ingredients earlier this morning for tonight." She said as she pulled out a wooden cutting board and surrounded the board with the bowls of ingredients she had pulled from the refrigerator. "But now I have a guest!" She inquired happily as she washed her hands before moving and beginning to mold the sticky rice--hollowing out the middle, and filling it with various items, and then holding it together with seaweed.

"Can I ask you something personal?" She asked suddenly, molding away, pieces of her blonde hair in her face. Her long dainty fingers working like it was some sort of complex machine. "Are you all alone?" She'd ask, whether or not he would comply to her asking him a personal question. "I mean... you seem so... kept to yourself." She'd say simply, her movements slowing down as she pondered the sentiments. Katzumi was a therapist, she couldn't help but think the way she did. Analytical, and right in your business.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OoC: S'alright, I understand. Life trumps RP life.]

Ayumu followed along behind Katzumi, stopping short as she stopped herself from running in to Mizuki. Hadn't she just been putting his coat somewhere? 'Quite the attentive servant,' Ayumu thought, admiring how committed she was to being there for Katzumi. Eavesdropping? Certainly not, she just wanted to make sure she was there in case they needed anything. He watched as his shirt exchanged hands and the responsibility of getting the shirt clean became Mizuki's. She seemed excited to comply and quickly ran off with his clothing to take care of the stains. Ayumu felt slightly better that Katzumi had a servant to take care of it and wouldn't be doing it herself. Kat commented about her childhood, and Ayumu assumed she was thinking of how innocent the girl Mizuki seemed.

She was markedly less enchanted with her comfy looking bed than he was, but perhaps she wasn't as big a fan of sleep as he. He had to admit, though, he had the same habit of crashing on the couch when he was tired, and his bed was a much shorter walk from the door than hers was. He laughed knowingly along with her, nodding. "Well, you're not alone in that," he said before she asked him about food. It was an odd hour to eat, but he couldn't deny that he felt a tinge of hunger. It had been long enough since the last meal, and he had worked up an appetite beating up thugs. "You read my stomach's mind," he said with a chuckle before following her to the kitchen. Along the way he continued to marvel at the various art pieces scattered throughout her house. He had never been in such a lavish home before, so he was looking a bit like a tourist in a museum.

They reached the kitchen and she moved to the fridge while he took the nearest seat, glad to be off his feat. He watched as she produced a bottle of red wine and poured a glass, asking if he wanted something to drink. "I would, thank you, I am quite parched from the running," he said, assuming she was speaking specifically about the wine. She pulled out a wooden cutting board and ingredients from the fridge and asked if he liked sushi. "Sushi and wine? My, I haven't eaten this well in months," he said, impressed with the meal she was offering. He felt a tinge of guilt as he realized she had prepared the meal for herself earlier, not expecting to have Ayumu to accommodate as well. "I hope I am not intruding too much on your hospitality," he said apologetically as she began preparing the sushi.

He blinked when she suddenly asked if she could make a personal inquiry. It was a bit worrisome when people asked that, from his experience, but he wouldn't refuse, especially given the hospitality she was showing him. "Of course," he said as he focused on her handiwork with the sushi preparation. Her question made him look up from the sushi to her in surprise. "Alone?" he repeated after her, prompting her to clarify the question a little. He thought about for a brief moment, but answered quickly enough. "No, I don't think so... I mean, I have friends that see sometimes when work permits. I visit my family now and then, and I get along well with my colleagues," he said without too much thought. I wondered why she thought so, of course. "Why do you say that? Do I seem shy?" he asked, leaning forward in his seat and rested an elbow on his knee, propping his head up on his hand. "And how about you?" he asked, not wanting to be the only one revealing information about himself.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Intruding?" Katzumi laughed and shook her head. "Heaven's no! I haven't had a meal with someone in ages!" It came off like a joke--but it was like some sort of disturbing gallows joke. The sentence, to say the least, wasn't the least bit funny, and yet she laughed. Laughed like sitting at the massive table built for twenty in the dining room by yourself was funny. Laughing like she enjoyed every second of sleeping in a king-sized bed alone. Katzumi just gave a gentle smile facing down at the cutting board. No use in making a fuss in things you couldn't fix. Her parents were crowned medical surgeons, and had never been home when she was a child either. Kat got to know her nursemaid better than her mother, and one day caused the nursemaid to get a vicious beating because she called her 'Mama' before her own mother. The Aksuko family wasn't tolerant of their servants like Katzumi was. They treated them like the scum they were. Kat had never intending on having servants, but really couldn't help herself with Mizuki. Besides, the company was nice. Having someone to come home to that smiled and cared about you, and greeted you blissfully--it was nice.

Speaking of being greeted kindly...

What was a lonely house without a dog? The animal that trotted into the room was hardly a dog at all, though. It was a puppy, only a year old that was white with big brown spots, and brown freckles all over it. A shorthaired pointer that was long, but not very tall. It's tail wagging viciously as Katzumi peaked around the counter at her best friend--well, her only friend. Smiling as she continued to work on the sushi--not touching the dog while working with food. "Nameru!" Katzumi called the pup, it's head tipping back to the side sleepily. He had just woken up from a nap, and leaned back, plopping lazily on the floor. He was a chubby puppy, with long ears that he sometimes tripped over. "We have a guest--you know better than to parade around in the kitchen." She scolded. Katzumi was no Inu, and it was quite obvious by the way the pup ignored her. His blue eyes staring up at Ayumu, Katzumi rolling her eyes at his disobedience as Ayumu continued on.

"No, not shy." She said, placing the last piece of sushi on a rectangular china plate, a pair of glass chopsticks resting on it as she handed it to Ayumu, placing the other one next to him as she turned around and washed her hands before leaning over and picking up the pup. "Nameru..." She sighed as the small creature snuggled into her bosom. He was a lazy dog that enjoyed sleep and love more than he enjoyed play. "I'm sorry, Ayumu." She smiled as she leaned over and set the pup back down, patting him on the butt to get him to start walking out the door of the kitchen--Kat turning back and washing her hands again.

There was something about being a doctor that made you obsess about washing things. Hands, bodies, utensils, dishes, bottles, glasses, art--everything. You washed everything on a daily basis, or had someone do it for you. Not to mention Katzumi was a female doctor, so she did twice the cleaning that the average male doctor did. She simply liked cleanliness.

Moving and sitting down beside him, Kat finally seemed to of decided to answer his question. "Yes, I am alone." She said shamelessly, as she plopped the first piece of sushi into her mouth. "I'm alone here, there, everywhere." She shrugged, smiling at her company. "But that's alright. That's what you give up to be a doctor, right? Long hours in an office alone, returning to a house alone, and staying in a house alone." Her head turned back to her plate, looking down at it as she gave a gentle (somewhat sad) smile towards the plate, "Thanks for joining me."

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the dog came up to Ayumu, he stifled a gasp of excitement at the sight. He cleared his throat and continued speaking normally, but inside he was hoping terribly the dog would come over to him. He watched it carefully as the dog sat down and looked up at him. He couldn't contain himself. He reached out and began to gently pet the dog on the head with joy, trying not to squeal. He looked up sadly at Katzumi when she scolded the dog, almost as if she had scolded him. Obviously he did not mind if the dog paraded around the kitchen- he loved animals- dogs especially. His family had owned a few dogs when he was young, but since moving out and becoming a shinobi he didn't have the time for one. He was never sure when he would have to leave. It was terribly sad to go home to a house with no pet and no people, but he was used to it. Still, when he saw someone else's pet, he tended to overreact just a little. As the food was prepared at last, Ayumu took the china dish with sushi and glass chopsticks and set it on the table in front of him. If anything could distract him from a dog, it was food. While he was setting his dish down, Katzumi scooped the dog up, which snuggled against her lovingly as Ayumu watched jealously. She apologized, presumably because the dog was 'bothering' him.

"Oh no, I love dogs..." he said sadly as she set the dog down and started it walking out the door. He gave a small wave at the dog before turning to his plate. He couldn't stay upset with such delicious looking food in front of him. He also now noticed how incredibly fancy the dinnerware was. The plate looked like the fine china his mother used at most once a year when he was young. He had never seen anything like the glass chopsticks. 'Even the chopsticks are expensive,' Ayumu thought. He would have to be careful with it all, it was probably worth more than a few missions' pay. Picking the chopstick up and holding them betwixt his fingers, he carefully picked up a piece of sushi and raised it to his mouth. As soon as he had his first bite he was impressed with the flavor. It tasted very fresh, probably some of the best sushi he had ever had. 'I suppose she was able to get the best ingredients, too,' he thought, savoring the flavor.

At last, after a few moments of silence, Katzumi responded to the question he had turned back on her. The way she started made him stop chewing for a moment to look at her. It had been such a depressing thing to say so plainly, it caught him off guard. He quickly resumed chewing to avoid drawing attention to himself and swallowed before picking up another piece of sushi. She continued, explaining just how alone she was, though it didn't make a lot of sense to him when he thought about it. Her sad smile along with thanking him for his company tugged at his feelings a little. He finished his current bite of sushi and smiled. "Happy to be here! Good food and good company," he said, pinching another piece of sushi between his chopsticks. "But I don't understand... how are you alone here? You have Namer- I mean... you have Mizuki, don't you? She clearly adores you," he said, recalling how happy Mizuki had seemed to be to see Kat. There was no person or animal waiting at his house, just a bed- perhaps that was why he didn't spend much time there. He was always out somewhere, like at a bar in a shady section of town where creeps were liable to attack.

"And the hospital is packed with people, plus there are your colleagues, right?" he continued, recalling times he had been in the hospital before and how busy and full it always seemed. He himself lived in what basically amounted to barracks, so there were always people around there. He had gotten close with a few of his colleagues after the missions they had been on together. "Then again, psych ward patients may not make the best company... but don't you have any friends?" Ayumu went on, asking the last question perhaps a little too bluntly. He was never known for his tact. He lifted the sushi he had picked up, hovering it a few inches from his mouth, not done talking quite yet. At least he had the sense not to eat with his mouth full. "But... if not, at least you have me now, right?" he said, before opening his mouth for the sushi drop off.

[OoC: Marked for training (801)]

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu loved dogs. Nameru loved people. It was simple as that. His pointed snout rounding the corner again as she peeked into the kitchen, practically drooling at the smells in the room. Katzumi surprised to hear he was okay with it, and Nameru waddling back and forth between the door frame like there was some force field keeping him out. Plopping on the floor again as he stared at the two from the door, whimpering a very low tone. Katzumi gripped her chopsticks, obviously irritated by the sound, but made no other hint that she was flustered other than her knuckles turning white from her grip on the chopsticks. Her smile stayed gentle as she listened to Ayumu. He didn't quite understand, which was fine. No one really did, because people defined alone differently.

"Alone. Adjective. Meaning: Having no companions in a specific course or action. The action is living." The woman spoke like some sort of computer reciting a dictionary page. "Companions. Noun. Meaning: A person who is frequently in the company of, associates with, or accompanies another." She'd pause to let the moment sink in, her words obviously being recited from years of memorizing trivial things in her schooling. Katzumi was a bright girl when it came to knowing things no one cared about. She could recite every bone in the body, every muscle, what it did, what happened when it didn't work, and what made it work. She could describe the elastic bands of muscles, and the different valves of a heart. She could give you the definition of almost every word, but all in a scientific way.

Love. Noun. Meaning: The rush of Adrenaline, Dopamine and Serotonin that eventually leads to a fluctuation of Oxytocin and Vasopressin to create the survival skill of mating for life in order to form a protective bond over another being.

Maybe that was why she was alone.

"Mizuki is always asleep when I return home. She's up now, no doubt, because she couldn't sleep again." Katzumi said, thinking of her consistent nightmares. "She's a sweet girl, but I'm normally gone before sunrise, and back home long after it sets. I head to the hospital, and spend my time with people who would much rather talk to their manifestations than me--or..." She shook her head and laughed for a moment, "They'd rather drink my blood than talk to me." She stated, thinking of Sato who was stalking her blood and wishing to feed on her. Hopefully he wouldn't get out--he'd be harder to fend off than a few gang members. He was big, demonic, and powerful.

Katzumi popped another piece in her mouth as she listened to him, swallowing before smiling. "Yes, I suppose I do have you now....please...feel free to drop in on me, okay?" She'd say simply, "Office number 135. Dr. Aksuko Katzumi, Mental Health Director." Her eyes would move from him as she took a moment to think over her words, taking a mental walk through the hospital for a moment. "I'm almost always in there. No one does as much paper work as I do. Which is why I'm alone--no companions in a specific course or actions." She'd wink before finishing off the last piece of sushi and standing, taking her plate to the sink and scrubbing it down, taking his when he was finished.

"More wine?" She'd ask, Nameru assuming because his master was finished, that he could enter. His chubby body standing as he bounced towards Ayumu, his ears nearly on the floor. He would occasionally sway to the side and trip on his ears, causing him to stumble before continuing on his way and jumping to his back legs to put his front paws on the lowest bar on the stood. He'd let out a small whimper, begging to be picked up and loved as Katzumi continued on the dishes, trying not to look at Ayumu--embarrassed by the pups behavior.

"Studies have shown animals and babies have the best sense of character." She'd say, as she put the dishes away in a cupboard full of the same china, standing on her toes to reach it. Katzumi's body was long, but not tall. She had a small waist, and her hair flowed down her back in golden wavy swirls. Her skin was pale, and her muscles were firm from exercise and training. She wasn't exactly voluptuous, but she was fit and slender.

Turning, and smiling, Kat would wonder what she would need to do next to entertain his guest--that was if he wanted to stay. It was getting quite late, and she could call him a carriage if he wished to leave. However, it was rude for her to suggest leaving, and she didn't really mind him staying--even if he wanted to sleep in the guest room for a night. It was late after all, and she was sure he was exhausted. Yet again, what would the neighbors think? Katzumi was such a young woman, and bringing a man home so late, and having him leave early in the morning? Why, that was preposterous! Certainly her image-concious parents would be on her case about her tainting the name of the Aksuko. Sex before marriage? Not in that family! It was simply disgusting!

But, sex was just a release of Oxtocin and vasopressin! That wasn't a good enough argument for her parents, but it seemed decent to Katzumi. Why was a chemical reaction so bad? And why did people think so low of survival instincts? That's what mammals did, for heaven's sake.

[OoC: btw, your OOC is in the middle of your post. XDDDD and, sorry for the word wall. Totally not on purpose. o_O]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu, even while talking, would look every now and then in the direction of poor Nameru, banished from the kitchen. It once again reminded him of dogs past, his parents always ordering the dogs out of the kitchen. Ah, Yotsuba, now that was a sweet dog. Ayumu only had fond memories of the border collie of his youth, and Nameru reminded him of her, not in appearance, but in mannerisms. Ayumu smiled at the dog, then looked up as Katzumi replied to him. She began reciting definitions, which confused him at first, but as she went on he thought he knew what she was talking about. She considered herself to be alone, and apparently if she had friends, they were not many. Her work was her life, and she spent almost every waking hour there.

Ayumu’s type of work always allowed for some downtime. Between missions he was free to do as he pleased, even if it meant he needed to be ready to leave at a moment’s notice. It meant that he had to break his plans quite often, and that at times he would be gone for a week or more. It also meant he couldn’t tell anybody what he really did, usually. It was not expressly forbidden to reveal that you were an ANBU, but obviously very much frowned upon. It might as well have been forbidden. Most of the time it was just a matter of not telling the whole truth, but at times he had to outright lie to friends. Despite all that, however, he at least had time outside of work to make friends and be with them. Humans were social creatures, for the most part they needed interaction- that was something he had heard in an interesting ANBU class.

”Well, if you’re always at work, I won’t have a choice but to drop in now and then, will I? And don’t worry, I’m… 80% sure I’m not a vampire,” he said with a grin as he watched her take his and her own plate to the sink to wash. He stood up himself and stretched, but then quickly crouched down as Nameru reentered the scene, petting him adoringly. He reached behind his ears and started to scratch, something Yotsuba had always loved when he had her. It was this or a belly rub, and she was in heaven. He looked up once more to Kat as she asked if he wanted more wine. ”Oh, no thanks... I had a few drinks before our little street brawl, plus what I just had. We don’t need me getting drunk now, who knows what I might do,” he said with a chuckle as he gave Nameru a final pat and stood up.

”Nameru must be able to tell I’m an anti-hero, then,” he said in response to her mention of the studies she’d read, chuckling again. He watched as she put the dishes away, stretching to reach the high shelf of the cupboard. He looked away when he caught himself staring. When she was done, he glanced back to see her smiling again. He really couldn’t imagine how somebody so kind and fun would have any trouble with finding friends, but he supposed her work really did keep her busy. That reminded him. She probably had work in the morning, yet here she was still awake because of him. A small wave of guilt washed over him at this realization. ”You must have to work in the morning as usual… and here I am keeping you up to ridiculous hours! I should get out of your hair before I overstay my welcome,” he said, chuckling. Of course, he was sure she didn’t view it as a burden to have him there, he knew she wasn’t like that. Still, he needed to be considerate too.

[OoC: Ahh.. yeah, I don't really know how that happened... but it's fixed now! And it's fine, as long as your alright with my meager posts :p]

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a percentage used, and Katzumi wondered if he was mocking her intellectual way of expressing her knowledge. She took a moment to stare blankly at him stroking the pup before deciding that wasn't the type of person he was. The way he gingerly ran his hand across the dog lovingly. Kat couldn't help but envy the dog for a moment. He stroked it's hair, running his fingers across it's chin, and treating it like it was made of glass. Something fragile that needed to be loved, not broken. Kat slowly moved her eyes away, rubbing her hands together for a moment as she thought of another way she could busy herself so she didn't think too much.

"Oh, I don't know, alcohol brings out the best in people." She teased, smiling for a moment as she thought about how many drinks she had had at the bar: None. Katzumi liked to drink, that was no doubt, but she couldn't bring herself to do it alone. People at the bar so late showed up and drink their hearts away because they were hurting. Those people were sad and heartbreaking--and Kat didn't want to be that person. She didn't want to be the doctor who worked all day, and drank away her sorrows, and started all over again. Though, maybe if she did that, she'd have more friends...

Katzumi, in spite of the fact of claiming to never have any friends, had plenty of lovers. They were one sided relationships that she was totally unaware of. Men and women both that graciously praised her name and thought about her quite frequently--but they never spoke to her. Kat was a tease in the most painful of ways. She wanted to be loved more than anything else in the world, but she couldn't loosen her grip on the working world. When the men closed in, threatening to make her love them and start a relationship, she began to put in overtime. She never left the hospital in hopes that the strange feelings would go away, and that the men would simply go away!

And they did.

What she needed was someone who was willing to peruse her enough to go to her workplace and convince her out. Someone to kiss her ear and tell her about all the things they could be doing. She didn't need someone to demand she left or complain about it--she needed someone willing to try and wean her from her jail. Someone to use the incentives against her so she enjoyed being with them rather than working.

"You're not over staying your welcome at all," She smiled, stepping towards him as the pup whimpered at his feet. "It wouldn't be the first time I stayed up a few days in a row in sacrifice for dying people." Kat would laugh with that musical laugh and she'd fold her hands in front of her. "But, if you do decide to leave..." Her mind would wander for a moment as she tried to think of the way she'd phrase her request, "I do hope you'll return. No need to knock--I might not even be here. Wander in, take a glass, take a chair..." She smiled, laughing at herself, "It'd be nice to come home to someone lounging on the couch for once."

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katzumi reacted as he expected, reassuring Ayumu that he wasn't overstaying his welcome. Nameru whimpered at his feet, demanding his attention which he was happy to give once more. He leaned over and gently pet the dog with one hand while the other rested on his knee. Kat talked of staying up days at a time, sacrificing sleep for patients. She laughed, but he was sure it was true. He smiled at her request, though it seemed a little strange. He was surprised that she would invite him to walk in to her home unannounced. "You might regret that invitation. What if I come in at an... inopportune time?" he asked with a laugh.

"If not that, you may come home to find me taking a nap on your couch. Or maybe I'll just come over and play with Nameru!" he also suggested, all real possibilities, especially coming over to play with Nameru. If he couldn't have his own animal, he could leech off of hers. He had already formed an unbreakable bond with Nameru, he decided. He had to see him again- and she wasn't bad either. "From the sounds of it, I might have some trouble finding you here, though," he went on, finally deciding to just go ahead and pick Nameru up. He held the dog in one arm while petting him with his free hand. Hopefully Nameru wouldn't mind, but he couldn't help himself.

"I'll have to sneak in to the hospital and find your office I suppose," he said, petting Nameru as he spoke. He didn't normally like going to the hospital, but he supposed he could go if it was to see a friend. "They won't get mad if you have a visitor?" he asked, wondering if he would literally need to sneak in. He spent most of his time visiting others, sometimes even staying over for a change of scenery, since visitors weren't exactly welcome at the Sileo. There was no sneaking in to visit him there, so going to see others was pretty much his only option. It was actually a little difficult to maintain a social life because of this. He could never truthfully say where his home was, and of course could never show anybody.

There had been numerous occasions where he was forced to make up some excuse in order to avoid having people follow him home. He hadn't been in the corps long, and already he had lied about it so many times. He was getting good at it now, like when you told a lie so many times you started to believe it yourself. He had lost a couple friends since joining do to what surely seemed like odd, stand-offish behavior to them. Making true friends outside of the other ANBU was difficult because they didn't understand. Making friends within the ANBU was also difficult, because one never knew when it would be the last time you'd see them. Such was life, and he dealt with it as best he could. "At the very least I'll have to come back for my shirt, right?" he said as he returned to the very first room they had entered in search of his coat. It would be a cold walk home, but the coat would at least take the bite off.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
An inopportune time?

Inopportune. Adjective. Meaning: Untimely or inappropriate.

Katzumi scowled for a moment at the idea. Was there such a thing as an inopportune time to visit? The idea confused her. She loves visitors, no matter the occasion. I mean, sure he might show up when she isn't home, or while she's sleeping--but that wasn't inappropriate, it just meant he'd have to wait a bit before she'd arise and be delighted to see him. It wasn't like there was anyone that was going to be over that he'd disturb in his visit. Mizuki would have to leave some time in her life, after all, and it'd be nice for Ayumu to get in the habit of showing up randomly. Mizuki would find someone handsome, run off and get married--that's what people did.

Well, normal people.

"I think Nameru would appreciate that. Poor thing, I'm never home..." She sighed, watching in jealous as Ayumu continued to love the little animal. "No no, visitors are welcome. Besides, no one would know anyways. That, or they wouldn't believe someone was actually stopping by to say hello." She would shrug with a light smile, joking of course.

Perhaps it wasn't a joke though? After all, the young woman was quite Anti-Social nowadays. In fact, Katzumi was somewhat of an Anti-Hero as well. She was meek, sweet, and neat. A scrawny little blonde with big round eyes, and hardly any mass to her. In such a case, how could she ever be a hero? Well, she was certainly no muscularly ripped she-hulk who saved people from massive man-eating spiders and sand wyrms; but Katzumi saved lives every day. She gave medicines, therapy, and rearranged the confused minds of people who tortured themselves day in and day out. She saved people from taking their own lives. From succumbing to the voices in their own heads. From being slaughtered down by heartless ANBU who refused to take their sickness into account for their actions.

Kat reached over, handing Ayumu is jacket as she smiled and nodded. In fact, Katzumi knew very well that his shirt was fixed by now--flawless even. Perhaps in better shape that it was originally. But, the way that he had spoke, Kat didn't want to give it to him in hopes that he'd return for it. Giving a low smile, she folded her hands behind her back. "Have a safe trip home, Ayumu-Sama." Her tone had turned awfully polite for a moment as she gave a gentle wave to him, (if) he headed out the door.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

[OOC: Aw, that was fun, thank you!]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu was terribly happy about the prospect of coming back to play with Nameru while he waited for Kat to come home. He would most likely do just that soon- that, and pay a visit to the hospital to see her there. It would be interesting to see what Med-nins were doing when they weren't waving their magical glowing fingers over people and making wounds go away. He was also pleased to have made a new friend, despite getting stabbed in the process. That reminded him, he needed to go and find those thugs. A little jail time probably wouldn't reform them, but it would get them off the streets for a while. Putting that aside for now, he returned to the prospect of visiting Kat in the hospital. "Well then, I'll be sure to stop by sometime soon. Maybe I'll bring lunch to make up for you feeding me tonight, although I may have to do so a couple of times for us to be even," he said as she located his jacket.

When she extended the jacket out to him, he looked down at Nameru in his arms sadly. As skilled as he was, it would be difficult to put on a jacket while holding a dog. He gave the dog another pet and a small squeeze and then set him down carefully. Standing up straight, he pulled the sash away from his robe and pulled it apart and off. This act might have been a bit racy if he hadn't been wearing his pants underneath still. He traded Katzumi for his jacket and returned the robe to her. He quickly slipped his arms in to the sleeves and then zipped it up. He then turned to Katzumi, who unexpectedly gave him a very proper, polite farewell. He blinked in confusion at the suffix she had added, but guessed she was just joking.

"Thank you, Katzumi-sama, I will take the utmost care in my return home," he said in a very polite tone as well. Turning to Nameru one more time, he dropped down on his knees briefly. "Take care of her, Nameru. Scare away any thugs," he said before giving him a pat on the head. Standing back up, he reached over and gate Katzumi a playful pat on the head as well. He was a bit silly at times. "Tell Mizuki I said thanks for taking care of my shirt," he said as he returned to the mudroom and slipped on his shoes. "Have a good night, Katzumi, see you soon," he said, turning back to her with a wave before sliding the door open and stepping outside. He slid the door behind him and began walking in the general direction of "home". He would look for the thugs tomorrow. It was a pain, but worth if since his new friend came out of the encounter.

[Topic Left]

[OoC: Yes it was, thank you too! :>]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back