Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

B-rank Solo Self-modded Mission: Home Visit Part 2

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
On the second day of his home visit mission along the retired shinobis in the lowlands, Kiri would begin the day with a list of names. He ticked out the ones in the area who already completed the screening. He also made sure the stacks of other documents were properly secured in his rented room in the village inn. After which, he would just bring the essentials in his sling bag as he would quickly make his way to a certain Uemura’s house. According to the report, there was a haphazard change of Uemura-san’s lifestyle and so the screening results of late were rather different and inconsistent. As such, the only way to truly figure out the appropriate way to help with his condition was for a lifestyle check.

Ding dong. The doorbell rang and the door would open to reveal a rather stout-looking shinobi. Kiri would quickly introduce himself before any unwanted reception was given. A lot of the retired shinobis were rather breaming with pride that most of them would try and turn him away, saying they were fit enough, even though it was the medic branch who already ordered for the annual checkups. In some cases, he would discover that some were unconsciously just being forgetful and perhaps they were of the mind that they were still young so they could easily get away with it. Of course, Kiri had to reprimand some of them, at least in a polite way, because clearly they were only making things more difficult for themselves.

Fortunately, Uemura-san was kind enough to allow him entrance into his house. Inside, Kiri would explain Uemura-san that nature of his visit.

“And so because you can’t come to the hospital in the main village, I was sent here. You probably heard from some friends by now,” said Kiri as he set his bag on the couch. “But I’m glad you’re actually allowing me, Uemura-san.”

“Well, it’s not like it was my intention not to go. I just can’t travel on my own anymore. Call it anxiety, if you will, but other than that, I believe I’m quite fit,” answered Uemura-san.

“You do look quite healthy, though the recent results have been varying to the point of concern from our part. I hope you wouldn’t mind my observation.”

“It’s okay, really. Just help yourself.”

“Good. Yeah, just go on with your business, Uemura-san. Oh I can go into stealth too, if you don’t want to see me and-“

“Nah. Won’t be needed. I’ll just feel a lot more worried if you do.”

A rather typical day in the life of Uemura-san begins with him preparing his meal. It wasn’t everyday that Kiri could find a shinobi who took a great deal into the culinary arts. And it was posing quite the temptation when Uemura-san’s cooking was proving to be quite the delicacy. They would exchange a few words but Kiri would always remember to return to observing. The rest of the day, Uemura would then proceed to some handicrafts. After his retirement, he put to use his nimbleness to carve out on wood. He could make small figurines, bracelets, and even simple small furniture like a coffee table. His skill of the blade was clearly shown, and his passion for it was rather deep. Sometimes, Kiri swore that the silence in the air felt choking and that if he dared make a sound could end up infuriating the latter. Luckily, it wasn’t the case for long. Uemura-san began humming and singing to a tune as he went into a more relaxed mode of chipping off wood.

By nighttime, Kiri would notice that the Uemura-san would finish at least a bottle of wine along with his fine-dining class dinner– of which he was given a portion. And some desert of cheesecakes. It was beginning to fall into place, now. Kiri would make further notes through the night before waking up early the next day to observe Uemura-san: from the moment he woke up, to breakfast and up to lunch.

It was in mid-afternoon that would finish the observation, as well as the recommended diet while he explained it to Uemura-san.

“First of all, Uemura-san, you’re a very good cook and a hardworking individual, however there has to be a limit of these activities and food taken. Now the sharp spike of the sugar levels is pretty much reflected by your large consumption of sweets after each meal, and while they can help boost you energy for your carving and sculpting activity, they are less likely to be digested properly when you’re sitting down and carving on the small wooden figurines for hours. That goes the same for the red meat and the wine. I suggest you at least take time to walk about 30 minutes after a meal to help in the digestion. And looking at the records of your blood chemistry result, the rest should be normal, however an increase of stomach acid could also be the result of too much spices and citrusy flavourings on your dish. I advise to limit your intake on these food. An unsettled stomach and active acid reflux would eventually cause a heart burn, which in turn, could be the reason for the anxiety and hyperventilation.”

“Oh dear, I can’t believe it.”

“Oh but you don’t need to make abrupt changes. That would do more harm than good. So here,” Kiri then passed the paper of nutritional guidelines to Uemura-san. “It’s based on what you typically cook. If you look closely, a proper designation and combination would already help. And in order to break the heavy meals, a small-but-frequent diet could also help you avoid starvation and increase energy at the same time. Take everything in moderation as they always say.”

By the end of the day, Uemura-san would treat Kiri to a nice snack of pasta before he would let the mednin in training leave. He promised that perhaps the next screening, he could finally go to the hospital.

WC: 1,021

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back