Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Bees? [Contract Search!]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

She laughed which only drew forth a prolonged glare from Itsuki. Her words betrayed her evil nature. Good and evil was not subjective, at least to Itsuki. Whether people were around or not, actions are still good or evil as judged by the gods, not man.

The tone of arrogance and superiority seemed to emanate from her words and it put Itsuki on edge. She spoke as if she was some enlightened being and that Itsuki was this human blight on the worlds existence. She even had summoned her own throne out of tendrils of dark matter, no doubt evil in nature as well. The seal on her stomach told her so... she couldn't explain it. But she knew.

The creature leaned forward and spoke her concluding words to which Itsuki spat at the ground in response. "We coexist with nature around us, we don't warp or pervert it! You would seek to turn the land into something else. Making your surroundings more accommodating you put it. More like turning it into your personal underworld. Do not preach to me demon, your silver tongue will do you no good."

It was at this point where Itsuki questioned just how should would dispatch this entity before her. The seal on her stomach absorbed the chakra before, but she doubted it could consume an actual being. Fighting was an option, but she knew nothing of her opponent. For all she knew, she was outclassed. After all, she was just a trainee. Perhaps a deal? But Itsuki couldn't think of any that would really be in their favor.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The figure's gaze lingered for a few moments after Itsuki's outburst before it relaxed and leaned back into the throne.

"A demon am I? Yes...I suppose I am, after a fashion. Still, child, my argument stands. For every conscientious one among you, there are ten more without a care for the fate of the world. Your village may seek harmony, but what of the others? And what of those who have not the power you possess? Ask the primate, he will tell you. Those without your strength will tear the earth and blacken the skies to become your equals. How am I worse than that?"

With a negligent motion of it's hand the figure passed the argument aside. "Ultimately it is no matter. You are perhaps too young to understand such things, and we move away from the point at hand. I have asked and you have answered. It is only fitting that I return the favor." The corners of the beings mouth turned up in an elegant yet impish smile. "I will answer, if only to satisfy my own amusement. Tell me child, what would you ask of me?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

With a patronizing tone to her voice, the being before Itsuki spoke. This time it was something that the kunoichi couldn't personally rebut. It could be seen on her face to, especially when she looked towards Gosei. Her expression obviously a question of 'is this true'. Whether or not he answered, it seemed that the topic at hand had changed with but a wave of the demons hand. Itsuki's muscles tensed for a moment, expecting some kind of attack. Instead she was called young and offered a deal of some kind. "Return the favor?" Itsuki wondered as the creature's grin grew more pronounced. She could ask any question she wanted, and an answer would be given. "Strange." was all that went through Itsuki's mind. She had no idea what she was even supposed to ask.

"Why haven't you attacked us? You've had this whole time, and Gosei assured me that it was your evil we came to expel. And yet here we are talking."

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That's it?" The figure sighed. "I had hoped for something more interesting. But I will answer, as I said. Simply put, I have neither the ability nor the desire to attack you."

With a swift flick of it's fingers the figure dispelled some of the shadows that had been filling the cavern with an almost imperceptible slowness, allowing the pair to view their surroundings unobstructed.

"As you can see, there is a rather extreme lack of intelligent life to be had here. I spoke truth when I said I was alone and bereft of company. I would not be exaggerating if I were to say that you and the primate are the only source of conversation I've had since I came to be. Which brings me to my next point; even had I the desire to attack you, I have not the ability to follow through with such a course of action."

"You see, you were not precisely correct when you accused me of being a demon. I was made by a demon, formed from a demon's essence, and created for a demon's purpose, but I am not truly a demon. I am...a construct, I suppose. A sentient wellspring of of energy to be precise. In a sense, I am this entire cave, and my influence is limited to it's confines. Even then, my power is limited: I can only affect energy. The physical world is beyond my grasp."

The figure made a circular motion with it's hand, as if wiping something clean, and then directed their attention to the crystal they stood upon. A few feet below the surface a jet black heart pulsed, embedded in the crystal. A cursory glance would show that the entire cave beat in rhythm with it. "That heart is the core of my being. The dark energy you encountered on the way here was simply me allowing some of my energy to flow outwards. I had hoped that it would allow me greater freedom, but alas. As long as my heart remains trapped, I remain trapped."

The figure paused for a moment, considering. "You might ask yourself, 'Why tell me all this? Why reveal your nature and power?'" The being leaned forward again. "That, child, is because I have a favor to ask of you. Remove me from this place. I have nothing to gain from remaining here, locked away. Find a way to remove my heart from this crystal prison and I will plague your lands no longer." As it spoke, the figure's mouth formed a mischievous smile once more.

"In fact, I may be able to feed that hunger of yours in the bargain. What do you say child? Solve my problem, and I will solve yours in return. That is fair, yes?"

Gosei cleared his throat, earning a dirty look from the dark figure. "Dis decision is yours to make girl, but a word of warning. Like you said before, be wary of it's silver tongue. Dis could still be a real demon trying to trick you into freeing it, and if it is, da best ting to do would be to destroy it's heart once and for all. But..." Gosei scratched his beard for a moment. "If it does speak da truth, killing it may not be da right ting to do. Tink carefully before you choose girl, the wrong answer could end a life before it's time. Either way I will stand by your decision."

Both faces, one hairy and concerned, the other shrouded and eager awaited Itsuki's answer. What would she choose?

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

There was, for just a moment, a sense of failure felt by Itsuki. But this was quickly extinguished by her conscious mind, disallowing this being a victory over her of any kind. But then she began to reveal more than Itsuki had ever planned. The way she spoke seemed different than before. It invoked some emotions within the young woman. She wasn't a demon at all, but a prisoner confined within this place. A prisoner with weird energy manipulation, but a prisoner none the less. Itsuki began to put herself in the creatures shoes, asking herself what she would do if she were trapped. She began to pity her...

"You might ask yourself..." she began. Itsuki was wondering that as well. But why hide anything if trapped? Not like it was going to do her any good keeping it to herself. Though as she continued, her words seemed more and more ambiguous. She wanted to be free, as all people were. But Itsuki wished she knew more of her tale. And finally, a bargain was offered for trade. The yearning for the dark energy the seal had consumed earlier continued to gnaw at her soul. Itsuki, however, assumed that the feeling would always be there regardless of how much dark chakra it consumed. For her, the bargain wouldn't sweeten the deal. But setting a prisoner free... That's something else.

Gosei finally spoke, after remaining silent for a good while. His initial assumption was one that had crossed Itsuki's mind briefing while the dark figure had been speaking. Perhaps a benevolent do gooder had sealed this thing away inside the cave in hopes of keeping it's evil away from the world. Or... perhaps it was trapped and going mad like anyone would in it's position. "Assuming it's telling the truth... It's existence is confined to the heart and can't influence the world physically." she thought. "If it's lying... then I can dispatch it the moment it turns on me once free. Decisions, decisions..."

Itsuki approached it's 'heart' with a trained eye, finding the weak point in it's structure. With a trained set of fingers, she jabbed forward, seeking to set the prisoner free. Should the worst happen, she was prepared, even to search all the lands to undo any evil should need be. A pivotal moment in her life, one might say. Her first encounter with a creature of the spirit realm would heavily influence all future interactions of this sort. When the deed was done, Itsuki felt the seal on her stomach practically lurch forward to try and consume the newly freed power. It took her by surprise and her knees grew weak... She looked to Gosei for assistance.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The being looked on expectantly as Itsuki walked forward, the air practically vibrating with it's anticipation. Had Itsuki been looking, she would have noticed the figure breaking it's regal facade for the first time, it's fingers clenched tight upon the shadowy throne, careful not to make any sudden movements lest the ANBU take it as a sign of aggression.

The next few moments passed slower than any the being had experienced before. Itsuki struck, fingers finding the single flaw in the prison. The crystal turning from iridescent purple to a deep, malignant red as it split open. Red runes flaring to life, draining its energy to spew a torrent of hellfire at the intrusion. Flames that reached greedily towards the one who had dared to break the seal...

"No."

Seconds froze in time, as if some divine force had given it this chance to act. One step, and the throne vanished into a cloud of smoke and shadows. Two steps, and the being reached out, those same shadows rushing to fill the space between Itsuki and the flames. Three steps, and the shadows surrounded them, enveloping the flames in a sphere of darkness.

The figure's teeth were bared, it's face pulled with the strain of exertion as it held the sphere between its hands to prevent the flames from lashing out at Itsuki while she stumbled back. A wooden staff clattered to the floor as Gosei caught the ANBU and lowered her slowly to the ground, taking note of the black heart she had pulled from the crystal. It was smaller than it had appeared, only about half the size of a closed fist, and looked to be carved from a single precious stone. Now that it was removed from its prison Itsuki could make out a thin, shadowy thread connecting it to the figure, who now strode towards them with measured steps, sphere held carefully before it.

"You have upheld your end of the bargain child, and for that I thank you. Now, I shall uphold mine. Be still."

With a cautionary glance towards Gosei to ensure he would not interfere, the being lowered the sphere towards Itsuki's stomach. Immediately the chakra bent and twisted to flow towards the seal, which reacted by sprouting several rows of teeth and latching onto the energy, hungrily wolfing it down. Oddly, the only sensations Itsuki could feel (besides the hunger of course) were the taste of chocolate mixed with something spicy and bitter. Afterwards the ravenous hunger would fade to a distant and much more manageable ache. It would be easily ignored unless it flared up or she thought specifically about it.

The figure straightened as Gosei helped Itsuki to her feet. It seemed much less imposing now: it stood at a height comparable to Itsuki, if a touch taller, and while still maintaining a regal bearing the domineering aura it had exuded earlier was barely existent. If anything it seemed a bit apprehensive. Itsuki did hold its heart in her hands, after all.

"That should be sufficient to keep the little thing quiet for some time. I can feed it some of my own energy in small doses to keep it placated, but I would advise you to be wary around large energy sources in the future. You have created a thing of boundless hunger child. It can be managed, but never tamed. Given the chance it will consume everything, even itself in the end." The being finished, a faint note of respect in its voice.

Gosei cleared his throat, an odd look on his face as he drew their attention. He had retrieved his staff and leaned heavily upon it as he spoke. "Well. Now dat dat is over, I have someting to show you. Come with me." The old shaman turned and hobbled out of the cave, expecting them to follow.

Once outside the group was met with a sudden and immediate blast of fresh air, filling up and invigorating their spirits. The wind seemed to strip the weariness from their bones, while Gosei hooted and danced a jig. "Hoo hoo! Would you look at dat! Da spirits be mighty pleased, girl, even now dey can feel tings returning to normal." Now that they were out of the cave and back in the presence of the spirits the mandrill shaman seemed much more at ease. For its part the dark figure seemed a bit uncomfortable, but that probably had to do with the wind tugging at the edges of its being. Still, despite the discomfort, it studied its surroundings with interest.

"If it's all the same, I'd like to be going. Preferably some place less...drafty."

Gosei simply laughed. "Don't worry, da spirits are just having a look. Dey're mighty interested in you, having been corrupting da land and all, and now walking around calm as can be. Just keep your, uh, 'hands' to yourself and you'll get along juuuust fine" He cackled and beckoned with his hand. "Come come, dis way."

From there it was a short walk (due largely in part to some shenanigans on the spirits part) to Gosei's cave. Inside, the shaman motioned for her to set the heart aside. "It will be safe here girl, but what I have to show you is for your eyes alone." The figure nodded absently and stood by the mouth of the cave, taking the opportunity to gaze at the landscape.

With Itsuki in tow, Gosei would lead her to another portion of the cave, pushing aside a beaded curtain to reveal a small candlelit room containing only a large white stone tablet. Closer inspection would reveal hundreds of names engraved with neat and precise letters accompanied by a small brown mark that could only be dried blood.

"Dis is da Tablet of Hundredth Monkey. It is da most single most sacred object of our contract, for it is our contract. Not too long ago Kobayashi, the leader of us contract monkeys, came and entrusted it to me for safekeeping, saying only dat someone worthy would soon appear, dat he would not be able to help dem, and dat I would need to do so in his stead."

The old monkey grinned. "Now, I may just be a crazy old monkey, but it seems to me dat he must have been speaking of you. And so in honor of your actions, I, Gosei the Windspeaker, Shaman of the Spires, offer you da chance to join our contract. If you accept, sign da tablet with a drop of your blood. By dat blood we will know you, and by dat blood you may call on us in times of need."

Gosei stepped closer and put a hand on Itsuki's shoulder, his voice becoming more serious. "Dese are dark times in da world, war and unrest rumbles on da horizon for more den just humans. People need all da help dey can get, especially with da way certain tings have turned out." He tilted his head in the direction of the front of the cave. "Even if you don't accept, if you need help, come find me. I will do da best I can."

Seriousness aside, a wide grin split his face once more. "So what do you say girl? Want to join up with us hairy apes?"
[OOC: Whew, long post. Contract search successful, Kyokuju Itsuki is hereby awarded the Monkey Contract!]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back