Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Blind leading the Blind [Private, Suzume]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"To a certain Miroku Riyota, you are hereby required to report in to the academy at Dawn tomorrow to accept some mandatory teaching duties. This is a result of the recent program introduced by the village elders. You are scheduled in everyday this week due to your associates being otherwise indisposed with the tournament. Have a pleasant day! - Toraono Kima"

'Dawn what kind of sadistic witch schedules anything for dawn? Nevermind some apparent teaching...event? Who even told them I was qualified to teach?! I'm not qualified to teach, I went to school twice! I'm maybe the least qualified to teach anything.' These were the thoughts that plagued Riyota's mind as he approached the front gate of the academy. "How do you even talk to children nowadays? What do they enjoy?...I'm talking like an old man...I FEEL like an old man." The shinobi sighed and muttered to himself. "And I can't even claim it was a mistake either because they were very explicit with naming me." He groaned just before approaching the liaison whom would be directing him to the class he was teaching.

A brief tired conversation from both parties later and Riyota had reached the classroom he had been directed to. "Ok, let's try and get through this, I'll go for an hour and then call class dismissed. I can do that...right?" he thought out loud as he pushed the door to the classroom open. What greeted him was more welcome than he was expecting. What he had been expecting was a classroom full of rampant snot-nosed brats whom assumed they knew everything and would scream over every word. What instead greeted him was a mostly empty classroom with a young girl idly pacing back and forth through it.

"I...must have the wrong classroom, my apologies." He explained, bowing his head and backing out of the classroom, however when he checked the number again he found it correlated with what he had been given. Opening the door again he would step in fully. Revealing his reasonably tall form, his handcrafted prosthetic arm resting idly by his side. He ran a finger over one of his burn scars as he pondered the situation.

"Welp, if they made a mistake that's their problem. I guess you're my class today." He would say with feigned excitement to the girl. "Well surprise! Class dismissed, congrats you get a day off." Riyota stretched and turned to leave.

MFT

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suzume was struggling, she knew it and everyone in her class knew it. Maybe it was because she was too old, she thought. Perhaps this ninja stuff was something that had to be taught at a very specific age or you simply couldn't learn it past that. Everyone kept saying she had potential and the numerous broken lights at the academy were a testament to that, but if shattering lights and destroying electronics was the best she could manage, how was she ever supposed to fill his shoes? The Storm Lord said he had faith in her, that she would come into her own and that she needed to be patient but...

Her mind racing, having even forgotten how long she had waited for this supposed tutor, Suzume paced back and forth down the aisles of the classroom. The sound of the door sliding open jarred her from her reflective daze and she quickly spun to look towards the door from her spot near the back of the room. He was tall, that was for sure, though still feet shorter than her father was. His sudden appearance, declaration adn then dismissal left her looking dazed and momentarily confused. He had almost completely disappeared from the classroom before she finally managed to speak up, "wait." Her voice was firm but sat atop a bedrock of confusion and uncertainty, "are you the tutor?"

She quickly walked her way from the back of the classroom and towards the door. "You're old," she suddenly commented offhandedly, not appearing to register that she had actually even said it out loud. After his response her eyes would light up as she attempted to correct herself. "No no, I mean, older than the teacher. It is a good thing! Getting taught by a kid isn't fun." She emphasized the word taught, as if she was skeptical that she was ever actually being taught. That was one possibility after all, she was older than her teacher and so while he could do all that cool stuff didn't mean that he had any idea how to teach. She just needed someone with a little more experience, but enough time to show her the ropes better... right?

"Aren't you supposed to like... tutor me and stuff?"
She raised her hands slightly, gesturing around the area s if he should understand better than her what he was to be doing. "You are Miroku, right? You kinda look like one." She looked him up and down, appearing to gauge if her prior assertion was correct or not; the subtle nods to herself at the end of her inspection appeared to imply they were. Her tone shifted to a more practiced one, possibly even refined, as if she had said it dozens of times before. "My name is Oushi-Ouja Suzume, heir to the title Storm Lord of the Oushi-Ouja branch of the Toraono clan." She quickly leaned forward into a bow, waiting a moment and then rising once more. "Teach me to be a shinobi."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The door was so closed to being closed, Riyota was so so close to freedom but it was just one short statement that ruined any thought that this particular student did not want to be taught. As he heard her, he stopped the door just inches from its closing point and sighed. "I sure am..." He confirmed, opening the door for her to follow him as he heard her walking his way.

The young girl would have to walk quite quickly to keep up with the man's long strides. As they walked she decided to set their relationship in a winning direction by immediately commenting on his age. "Woah hey now, I'm not that old." He retorted, trying to cover up the fact that he was slightly offended by her words. 'His student' would proceed to correct her statement, causing Riyota's expression to shift from offence to concern. "Your teacher is a kid? As in, younger than you?" He shook his head and sighed again. 'Man this place is really in dire straits.'

It appeared the girl had grown impatient with his inaction as she gestured to the various areas of the academy and question whether or not Riyota intended to actually teach her or if he planned on doing very slow laps around the academy with her. Riyota simply looked at her, unwilling to admit that he really didn't want to be a tutor and that in many ways the prospect scared him. His was not a legacy that he believed needed passing down.

He paused a few steps ahead of her as she commented on the fact that he was and apparently looked like a Miroku. "Well done, but I'm interested.
What does a Miroku look like to you?"
He asked her, looking directly at her as he did so.

Once she had answered or avoided his question he would move slightly closer to her and kneel down as she introduced herself. The title was very long, and indeed very important sounding. She proudly ended it off with an outright command that he teach her how to be a shinobi.

With a smirk, he nodded and swiftly flicked her in the forehead. A move that wouldn't be too painful, but likely surprising. "Alright, you've convinced me. Lesson one, don't bother with the fancy title unless you can back it up with something epic. The fact that I can catch you off guard that easily makes your big announcement pointless." He told her, standing back up and gesturing her to follow him. "Your name is Suzume, Toraono Suzume if you need to be fancy with it." He told her, unsure whether she would take his words to heart. "Don't bother with the full title until you've given people a reason to respect it." He told her, looking away for a moment before the pair entered in to the training yard.

"I'm Riyota, by the way. Now if you really want me to be your teacher, against all my recommendations. Then please show me what you can do." He smiled warmly. "Don't worry, I can take it. It's what I'm good at." He gave her his instruction as he walked a few paces away from her in the large, dusty training field.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The aspiring shinobi followed after him, looking a little confused at first that they were leaving the classroom, but that was quickly forgotten as the moments and rooms passed by. He turned to look at her directly as they walked and asked what exactly it was that a Miroku looked like, to which she simply replied, "like you do, obviously," as if it were the dumbest question she had heard that day. They stopped in the intersection of the hallway, him kneeling down in sight of the odd student or two who paid them no mind as she introduced herself. She personally did not care for title or formality, but it was hard to shake when the notions were ingrained into one's brain.

The sudden and surprising flick would be met by something else surprising, a small shock to his finger as his finger momentarily contacted hers. It snapped at the air and bit his finger, but it was only mildly more discomforting than a strong bit of static. Recovering from the strike, she didn't even notice that she had even shocked him as she reached up to rub her forehead, looking more that a little perturbed from the sudden assault. The look faded as he agreed to teach her, saving him from the wrath of an annoyed fourteen year old. "Oushi-Ouja," she corrected him, the hint of annoyance resting in her words as she finished rubbing her forehead. From her clan, that title was certainly something to respect on its own, and his lack of that annoyed her more than her quickly fading forehead mark, but she pushed it aside.

She had begun to follow him already, not paying attention to their surroundings as he continued to speak. "I don't really care who it is. I just want to figure out how this all works." Her tone came off more indignant than she had intended, and her slight grimace at herself showed she actually felt a little bad about saying it, but she didn't take any of the words back. They stopped and he invited her to unleash all that potential everyone kept saying she had, but that only drained what little enthusiasm she had remaining. "I don't have anything." she replied, staring over at him with her hands raised shoulder height in an exaggerated manner. "I mean, I can throw a kunai okay, I can even hit the target most of the time, but I can't do any of this ninjutsu stuff no matter how hard I try."

She raised her hands and carefully made four handsigns: Ox, Boar, Horse and finally Ram. She closed her eyes and concentrated, but after a few long seconds she let out an annoyed breath and dropped her hands as she shook her head. "See? I mean, I spent all of last Saturday fixing lights around the academy, and the Storm Lord says I can do it, but it just doesn't work!" By the end of her small rant she appeared visibly annoyed, not directly at him but he was the only one around to accept it. Besides, he said he was good at taking that sort of thing.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota didn't verbally react to the glorified static shock he received from flicking the young girl, but he certainly felt it, and immediately ideas began running through his brain on how she could best utilize that power that simply radiated off of her skin.

Out in the yard he got to see first hand why exactly this girl had required one on one tutoring. It seemed it wasn't a mistake as he previously thought. The girl was incapable of basic ninjutsu, at least seemingly. And it was because of this lack of ability Riyota began to see himself in the young Suzume. Remembering back to his own youth when he was completely incapable of any form of chakra manipulation. He sighed gently, he was beginning to relate to his student, despite the fact that she didn't seem to think much of him.

He took a few steps closer to her. "You're thinking about it too hard." He told her simply, he would stand in silence. Not expanding on the point until she asked what he meant or moved the subject somewhere else. If she indeed asked what he was talking about with what he said he would quick as a flash throw a kunai knife directly at her. As soon as the blade was thrown a tendril would shoot out of the man's left shoulder and catch the projectile just milliseconds before it impacted its target. Assuming Suzume still had the natural instinct to block things it was safe to assume that's what Suzume was doing. He would move closer to her and continue his lesson. "You see there, you flinched, you defended yourself. You didn't even stop to consider what was happening. You need to be the same way with your jutsu." It was a reckless style of teaching, but it was the only way Riyota himself had learned.

"I don't know how your teacher's being teaching you, but they've been teaching you to overthink, overanalyse your own ability." He said, pacing back and forth in a strange pattern that didn't look at all methodical. "The second issue is, you're doubting yourself. I assume everyone's been telling you all about this apparent potential that you just aren't living up to? Well they might as well've cut your hands off for all it's going to help you." He continued, getting a tad worked up. Anything that reminded him of his younger years made him emotional, and he wanted to make sure Suzume learned his lessons easier than he had.

"So here's what we're gonna do. While we're in this field, me and you. You're not this prestigious, potential filled heiress. You're just Suzume, my student. A shinobi with no talent who no-one expects anything from. That's the mindset I want you to have. You have nothing to live up to when you're here, it'll be amazing if you even how to make a handseal." He instructed her.

He moved next to her and knelt down beside her. "Know that you're in that mindset, just breathe. Don't think about Chakra movement, just let it happen. Feel it." He told her before standing up and walking a few paces away from her. "Now, keeping all that in mind." He raised his metal prosthetic right hand into the air. "See if you can shock my arm." He had no idea if his teaching would have any effect. If it did, fantastic, if not, the strategy needed to change.

Riyota was only acting like he knew what he was doing. In actuality he was less qualified than a twelve year old.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"What do you mean I am thinking about it to hard," Suzume insisted, "I am not some super experienced shinobi like you are. Did you forget that not everyone i-" she would be silenced as she saw him suddenly jerk his hand towards her. She didn't know what happened, but she threw her hands up to try and block whatever it was. She hesitated for a moment, leaving her haphazard block up before she opeend her eyes and lowered her guard. The kunai was floating in the air in front of her, mere inches from her face. She stumbled back a foot to put some distance between it and herself.

Her heart rate had jumped considerably from the shock and her breathing had intensified from the small adrenal rush, but she managed to keep herself from freaking out too much that he had nearly killed her. That is, until he retracted the blade, her catching sight of the tendril holding it that seemed to protrude from his arm. At first she thought it a trick of her eyes, but as it moved in an organic and unsettling manner to return the kunai from to him she bit her lip, all but stifling a shriek of confused terror. "W-w-what is that?" She asked, wanting to step closer to look, but also wanting to run very far away.

After whatever type of explanation he offered to her, she would try to settle herself down, but the sound of her heart pounding was making it difficult to concentrate. He then continued on to instruct her on how her prior teachings were failing her and how she needed to let go of expectations. As he stepped over towards her she replied, "that is easy for you to say. You don't have that sort of stuff to worry about. It isn't natural for everyone you know." She didn't mean to be rude or indignant, she was simply frustrated at the situation and her own failings and was having a difficult time processing it.

Eventually he stood, made his way to his perch and lifted his arm to have it serve as a makeshift target. He gave his instruction and waited for her to give it her all. To her credit, she did try to do as he recommended. A dozen or so seconds would pass as she reached out with her hand to try and do as he asked. Her chakra flowed through her like a raging river, spurred on by the adrenal shot from earlier, but it was simply too chaotic for her to control or redirect. She closed her eyes, focused and visualized it, but nothing happened. Eventually, she let out a silent sigh as she wordlessly stepped over towards him. Regardless of if he lowered his arm in response or kept it up, she would reach out with her right hand and poke it at the wrist. Another crack of electricity struck out and surged into his arm, sending a much stronger jolt through it.

"There you go," she commented bluntly. She wanted to appear witty, having technically met his criteria but not exactly as he had intended her to, but the fact that she had to do so at all was depressing enough to throw a wet blanket over any true enjoyment of it.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Despite her best efforts, she only accomplished the task on a technicality, and that simply wasn't good enough. Sighing, he lowered his arm down after she poked it. Riyota both did and didn't want to give up. On the one hand, he had never wanted to teach this class and could easily just abandon this girl with very little repercussion. On the other hand, he had gotten himself invested now, and wouldn't be able to live with himself if he left her to her own devices.

Crouching down to look at her face to face he sighed again. "Here's the issue I'm having. I can't tell if it's a mental issue..." He jabbed her on the forehead, resulting in a spark of electricity jolting his hand. "Or a physical one." He poked her in both arms simultaneously, causing two simultaneous electric shocks. "Doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with your chakra network itself. Just your control." He pondered. Wondering if a teacher more focused on the ways of ninjutsu would be able to help her more.

"Or maybe I'm thinking of it in the wrong way..." He said out loud to himself. Suddenly his eyes widened as he came to a realisation. "Suze, what have we been doing? You don't need to be manifesting your chakra like that, shooting lightning projectiles. Who needs it?" He grinned. "Your skin is crackling with an electrical buzz. If I can help you master that, the rest should come easy."

He stood a few paces away from her again and left his defences wide open. "Don't try too hard to control your chakra flow, just try and gently direct it towards your fist. Now hit me!" He instructed, if she could use her naturally charged flesh to enhance her taijutsu. Something Riyota was far more familiar with, then it should help her with the rest.

"Get angry if you have to, sometimes that helps. Like, what stuff about me annoys you the most? Think about that when you punch, everything in your life that frustrates you, think of yourself as hitting that. We need to overcharge your fist and make that electricity mean something!" He laughed. "We can do this!"

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Her expression stayed somewhat soured as he spoke. Even so, she listened and looked over to him trying to think along the same lines that he was. Truth be told, she was close to simply giving up. All of this effort was frustrating her, especially when it came with so little award, there simply had to be an easier way. She nodded along and was momentarily surprised when he stood and walked a few paces away. Riyota proceeded to yell out for her to hit him, with both the command and the intensity of it caught her off guard.

Hearing him yelling, even if it was intended to be encouraging, began to irritate and frustrate her more. Memories of her fights with her father and kin-mothers flooded back to her. She clenched her fist and closed her eyes as he continued to try and push her forward. She searched her mind to try and think of what irritated and frustrated her, and there were a great number of things. Her thoughts floated from her overbearing father, her clan members who never wanted her out of their sight, her priestly duties her kin-mother had practically forced her into, that man in the Red Lights...

Her heart began to beat faster as she began to remember it. That grotesque man's face, the dark alleyway, the shinigami looming over him, the sickly sweet words he spoke, the sensation of his tongue on her neck... Suppressed memories of that came flooding back to her as she kept her eyes closed, not willing it to continue but instead being washed along behind the torrent of sensations and memories. The sensation of being completely powerless and the knowledge of your impending demise. She wasn't able to process what was transpiring back then fully, but as it washed over her now, it was quite clear what that man intended to do to her.

Suzume's heart raced and her muscled tightened as she tried to push the images of that scene from her mind, but they would not relent. The ceiling high above them began to rumble, sounding similar to a tectonic shift, but the rumbles intensified and dark roiling clouds began to form in the area over head. Quick flashes of bright light arced between them, instantly followed by the sounds of thunder that echoed throughout the chamber. Hatred, fear, desperation flowed through her as she opened her eyes, unable to see Riyota standing just a few yards away, but instead the malformed face of that man.

Suzume's irises were awash with energy, a neon yellow glow seemed to flow in circles through her eyes as she started over at him, clenching her fists hard enough that her nails were biting painfully into her flesh, but that sensation was lost on her. A wind began to blow through the room, slowly at first but quickly growing in intensity. With the wind came a sudden drop in temperature as small specks of white swirled with the strengthening air currents. It was a few specks at first, but quickly it too grew and within seconds the air was nearly blotted out with the amount of snow that was somehow falling underground in the middle of Wind Country.

The heiress had been frozen in fear before, unable to do anything to stop what had almost happened to her. She wouldn't let that happen again, she couldn't let that happen again! Her body was trembling, less from the cold and more from the rage that Riyota had hoped to stoke, and blazing it most certainly was. Small streaks of water slid from her eyes as she yelled out, seeing his smiling face as she awkwardly rushed forward, her fists balled tight. Within a step of her rushing towards Riyota, the mass of clouds high overhead flashed once more as two streaks of lightning raced down towards him, desperate to char the man in her mind's flesh. The bolts would reach him before she managed to cover the full distance. The flash, sound and impact before her caused the girl to stumble and try to stop, but the white covering the ground had already made it slick, and her feet gave way under her as she instead incidentally tackled him, if he didn't move to avoid the lightning strikes.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota could feel it, he had struck a nerve, triggered a memory, driven the poor girl over the brink. He had shattered that mental barrier, at least temporarily. He saw her face, her pained expression. A look of retroactive fear glinting in her eye. A face the man knew all to well, a face that had accompanied him most of his life, and still did to this day. He didn't know what it was that was allowing Suzume to give off this intensity, but whatever it was, it made him want to train her even more, and watch over her if need be. He'd had no interest prior in teaching this class, but he could see this was a young shinobi that needed him, and he refused to become what he hated most and abandon her.

His mismatched eyes, the blue, the right green. Glanced up at the rocky ceiling he saw the gathering clouds and heard the crashing and rumbling. There was a storm coming, and Riyota couldn't be happier. He looked back down at her, a look of pride apparent in his eyes. "C'mon Suze, I know you can do it. Just a little more." He murmured to himself. He saw the hateful glare she was giving him. Making it clear that she was lost in her anger.

Another thunderous crack caused him to shoot his gaze back up at the sky, the clouds gathering and moving rapidly as if disturbed by a roaring wind. Suddenly, with no build up or warning to bolts of searing lightning struck down at the man. Riyota smiled as he felt his flesh tear and burn away from the intense heat of the strike. His long jacket was instantly incinerated, along with most of his shirt. His prosthetic grew red hot and flew off its connection point. His chest tore away exposing the skeleton beneath and his rapidly beating heart. And his face was left scorched and half-missing.

To top that all of, before he could even comprehend the damage, The young girl came flying into him. Sending more energy coursing through his body as well as the physical impact of her hitting him. Her attack was immense, that was undeniable.

Riyota lay there for a few seconds on the sandy ground, still, silent. No-one would blame the young Suzume for believing him dead the state his body was in. But after a few moments, a slight raspy giggle would emerge from the scorched shinobi. Which would then escalate into a good natured laugh. With the remnants of the remaining hand he would tussle Suzume's hair. "Fantastic, absolutely fantastic!" He congratulated her.

Sitting himself up she would see the flesh and bone begin to reform itself, melding into existence like it was being pulled and sewn back together. His face and hair regrew and his chest recovered itself, his bones securing themselves back into the proper places until Riyota looked mostly like he did before. And with a smile he would cheekily remark "Tada, told you that's what I'm built for."

Not getting up from his sitting position, still a bit groggy and still almost shirtless, putting the blackish-purple curse seal inscribed on his chest on full display, he would look Suzume in the eye and ask "Painful memory?" "I want you to know I understand, and I'm happy to help you through it if ever you feel comfortable enough to share it. You kinda remind me of me Suze, generic as that may sound." He looked over to the still smoking, yet mostly undamaged metal prosthetic lying a few feet away. "Could you grab me my arm?" He would request, tilting his head towards it.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
To say that Suzume was in a daze would be quite the understatement, so much so that she didn't notice that she was laying on what equated to a cadaver. Her body ached and she felt quite drained, in more ways than one, as she pushed herself from her prone position off of Riyota. Shaking her vision straight, she looked over to Riyota, appearing puzzled at first at what she was seeing. The rapidly pulsing sack and the white bars around it seemed odd, but then the stench of charred flesh struck her and it all clicked together. She stumbled backwards, her gut spinning and wrenching itself into knot as she half rolled away from him, stopping with a single arm as she regurgitates the remnants of her small breakfast on the ground a few feet away.

The queasy feeling almost immediately subsided, the stench of flesh being drowned out by the bile that felt like it was caught in her nose and throat. It was not a pretty sight, but in all fairness, neither was he. Unable to help herself, she turned and looked over towards the dying man to see the seared hole much smaller than before, the beating of his heart masked completely by the flesh that was rapidly stitching itself closed over his ribs. The convulsions came once more, but there was nothing left to ejects, and so she managed to swallow and keep herself form heaving any further. "What- what are you?" She asked, her voice somewhat accusatory as it mixed and mingled with the spinning of her gut.

He proceeded to ask her about the spark that caused the entire scene, but her mind was still swimming from the ordeal and its aftermath to offer more than a confused, "what?" Her attention finally managed to refocus from a dazed blur as he pointed out the faintly glowing appendage that lay a few feet from him. She looked back to him and saw that he looked as good as new, aside from the tattoo on his chest and the scorched shirt. Had she imagined the damage? No, surely not, but there was not so much as a burn mark on him. Stumbling to her feet, she managed to stand after a few attempts, almost stepping in the puddle her meal had left before before she shambled over towards his arm. It was cooling quickly, creating an area of dry ground where all the snow had quickly melted, though the rest of it that had stuck to the ground was melting almost as quickly.

Wobbling, Suzume knelt down and tried to pick up the arm, but nearly burnt her finger int he process. Unsure what to do for the moment, she stood back up and lightly kicked it with her shoe, knocking it closer to Riyota before she stepped after it and made a few more small kicks to get it within arm's reach. With his prosthetic returned to him, she had to ask once again, her tone slightly less accusatory but still very confused and curious, "what in the world are you? I mean... was that your?" She meekly pointed to his chest, where she had sworn she had seen the pulsing organ just a few moments ago.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Woah woah, hey now no need to be rude. I'm a person, just like you. I put my trousers on one leg at a time just like everyone else." He retorted with a playful smirk. Trying not to comment on the awkward affair of her vomiting moments before. Unsure if that was due to his almost corpse like state or just sheer over exertion. Sitting up with a grunt and taking his prosthetic with his remaining hand he grimaced as a searing noise rang out and smoke rose from his hand. "Jeez, that is quite warm isn't it." He mumbled to himself, although still loud enough to be heard. Locking the arm back in place with a click He turned his attention back to his potentially still stunned student. Running a hand through his hair he took a breath.

"Well you did it, you ruined my hairdo." He grinned and chuckled, his hair sticking out in various different ways, looking as if...well...as if he had just stuck a fork in a socket. "But you did it, I told you we'd get somewhere and we did. Being a shinobi comes from the heart, not the head. If it came from the head I would never have gotten anywhere." He joked, trying to coax Suzume back into a more relaxed state, but he could see from her eyes that it didn't help much.

His expression darkened slightly and he locked eyes with the young woman. "I'm sorry, I didn't expect that much power in one attack. So I didn't think I was going to get in such a state, but I did tell you that's what I'm built for. So you know you don't have to be afraid of hitting me with everything you've got." He smiled. "To answer your question though, yes that was my heart. It's fine, in fact probably doing quite well now that you've sent a few volts through it." He joked, attempting to lighten the mood once again.

Finally getting to his feet. He patted her on the head. "I'm sorry that whatever happened to you happened, world's really unfair sometimes." He remarked sadly. "Anyway though, lessons over. You passed!" He congratulated her, before walking off as if to leave. Examining the tatters of his shirt he was still wearing.

He tried to make his exit as awesome and stoic as possible, but Riyota couldn't resist turning and looking back at Suzume. 'You're going to be great kid, but you need a better mentor than me.' He thought to himself.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suzume too was attempting to summon the strength to relax herself, but there were too many things wrong with her body and mind at the moment. She forced a slightly awkward smile at his attempts at humor, if it were another time she might have made a crack along with him. She watched him lift the arm, hearing the searing noise she grimaced, and tried to look away, but couldn't force herself to do so. Perhaps out of necessity, a sense of morbid curiosity was beginning to set in and she wondered if he even felt pain at all. Even if he could somehow reverse time and undo the damage, it would still be unfathomable painful, yet he was treating it like it was nothing at all.

"Guess you really were built for it." she commented as he clicked the arm into place. It dawned on her, why did he have a prosthetic arm when he could do all of that? Did he get reckless and overestimate whatever it was that let him survive all of that? Is regrowing limbs outside the realm of possibility? Bones, she guessed, but thinking any deeper was out of the question for now. Eventually he stepped over, ruffled her already unseemly mess hair and turned to make his way off. "W-what? Passed? You are just leaving?" She glanced around the area, trying to figure out what she wanted to even say, or why she didn't want him to leave. It may have just been a fluke, but he did get more success out of her than the classes had, one way or another.

"It has barely been like... ten minutes or something." It had been longer, with the walking and such, but not overly much. "Aren't you, like, supposed to do more than five minutes?" It was both a guess and a bluff, she had no idea why he was assigned as her tutor when he didn't seem interested in the slightest. In fact, she probably would be better of with someone more... normal anyway, or at least someone who actually wanted to be here. "I mean like... I still can't do anything else. I have to do... what was it called... the one with the fake copy. Kamarimi or something, but that involves control and handseals and and... You can't leave just yet!" She wasn't outright yelling, but her tone carried a demanding weight to it. She looked down at the arm that mirrored his prosthetic. "I mean, you can do it right? How did you learn to do it?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A voice laden with desperation caused the man to pause. It seemed he had been figured out. He smiled lightly to himself as he realised just how close he had gotten to making it out, but it indeed seemed his young student knew the rules he was supposed to follow. He was supposed to take her on for an absolute minimum of two hours, their current lesson had lasted a meagre twenty minutes. He couldn't help but chuckle at her exasperated attempts to get him to remain. Riyota would've been lying if he had said he wasn't enjoying his time. So all in all he could certainly think of worse ways to spend his day. Pivoting on his heel and whipping back around to face his student he grinned. "Congrats! You passed again, never just accept things." He nodded, hoping his weak way of turning his attempted exit into a lesson would be accepted. Motioning her to come closer he waited until she was by his side again, indicating with his head that they were leaving the training field for the time being he would explain.

"Kawarimi? That one? Yeah, I know how to do it but, it was a lot of...trial and error." He told her. "I'll teach you though, just be ready to get a few scratches." He laughed lightly, continuing to walk back through the academy. "We're going to head back to my home, I need to change, and then I'll show you a proper training area." He promised her, idly scratching at the now exposed purple and black curse seal he bore on his chest.

Eventually they would reach the Miroku sect of the Toraono dojo. "Ever been here before?" He asked, as the various gruff and aloof members of the Miroku clan went about their business, very few even casting a glance at the pair. If Suzume looked concerned or apprehensive Riyota would gently place a hand on her shoulder and give it a light squeeze to reassure her. "Miroku aren't the friendliest, but you'll be fine. Just...stay close." He warned, walking towards the main building he called home. Eventually the pair would reach the outside of his room. "Just wait outside, I'll be right back." He said, slipping through the door and closing it behind him. As she waited various servants and clan members would pass by, each shooting her confused or unfriendly glances. One large male stopped and stared at the young girl, looking as if he was about to start approaching Suzume before Riyota's door swung open and the man hurried away. "Sorry that took so long, the maids keep coming in and rearranging my stuff, each one of them has a different idea of where everything should go." He sighed, now dressed in a long brown jacket and a grey undershirt. "Everything ok out here?" He asked as he began moving again, heading towards the training area.

Eventually they would reach the reasonably large pillared main area for training. Riyota selected a smaller side room for them to use, entering into it, presumably with Suzume in tow he would turn to her and crouch down. "Ok, now watch closely." Wasting no time he would begin slowly showing the various handseals for setting up the substitution jutsu. Once he was confident his student understood, he would stand and walk a few paces away. Drawing a kunai knife he explained "I said you need to be ready for some scratches, nobody ever gets this first try. I'm not going to hit anywhere dangerous, just your arms and your legs. Ready?" He would wait for affirmation before slinging the kunai knife intended to glance her left arm. Hoping Suzume could perform the handseals in time and avoid the attack, though he wasn't expecting anything really. After this, they would attempt the exercise nine more times.

MFT

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suzume stared at him looking confused at his congratulation. Was that all really a test? Half of her believed it, but before she had time to decide how she felt on it, he waved for her to follow after him. Hesitating but a moment, she quickly followed after him through the halls of the academy. When he pointed out his dire need of new clothing, his state of undress finally dawned on her as well. Flushed slightly, she turned away from him, still following along, but trying to keep herself from looking at the nearly shirtless man, though she could not help but to sneak a peak or two at times... she had to keep pace with him, of course!

The specific halls they eventually found themselves in at the dojo were not familiar to her, but the architecture was something she grew up with, even if she did not commit the layout of the complex to memory. These particular parts were places she especially would not have gone on her own, should her kinsmen even have allowed her to. She did not know any personally, her kinsmen were highly protective and to let a feeble one as her hang around the unscrupulous Miroku was not something they would have even considered allowing. That in and of itself was alluring to her, and the thought of how furious her father might be knowing she was here helped to keep her fears of being here at bay.

"Of course I have." She half-lied, since he did not specify which here he meant. "Oh, I know. I can take care of myself though," vaguely getting one over on her father was lacing her tone with a smug air, but looking at him, her eyes were drawn to the mark on his chest before she once again came to her senses and quickly looked away, trying to appear nonchalant and failing. Once she was alone in the hallway, she kicked her feet idly, looking around the area at the seedy underbelly of the dojo. Why the clan allowed them to live here never made any sense, given what limited knowledge she had about them. She figured she should have guessed the guy would be super weird, even if he looked normal and acted friendly enough. The Miroku were to have eyes kept on them at all times after all.

The stranger began to stare at her, looking somewhat menacing, but Suzume was not intimidated. As he stared at her, she took the challenge and stared right back, hearkening back to such matched of will with her father, who could have crushed this man's head between his fingers. Thankfully her silent boast was cut short as Riyota stepped out from his room, freshly garbed and just in time to keep one of those two from beating the other senseless. "Yup," she replied, sounding more chipper than before, as she watched the man scurry off, "doing fine." As when they left the academy, it took her a moment to leave her perch and catch up with him, but after she did, she kept close pace with him to avoid getting too close to the less savory patrons.

She followed Riyota into the small side room, closing the door behind her so none of those weirdos could spy on her. What they would see or be looking for was a mystery, but better safe than sorry, besides, she trusted Riyota well enough, even if her upbringing would dictate otherwise... or especially so. She then watched him show er the few handseals, nodding quickly like she had already seen this part a hundred times, and that was not far from the truth. She had committed a few techniques to memory, even if she had never performed them successfully. "Yeah yeah, I got it. I know like... how to do it with your hands and stuff, I just can't do it, you know?"

As he withdrew the kunai and made his way a few steps away to prepare, she had a moment of hesitation. She did not relish the idea of being stabbed by that thing, but her teachers had said that necessity was the best teacher. It certainly was a better teacher than they were, as far as she was concerned, or else she wouldn't have ended up in this situation in the first place. "I guess so," she didn't sound ready but her words and a nod were enough to confirm she was at least going to try. She readied her hands near each other, and when she saw him move his arm she began making the seals. She was quick enough, having practiced this dozens of times, but the sharp edged blade connected with her shoulder and made a clean cut across her upper arm.

The cut was not deep, nor were any of the nine that followed them, but each left a small slice across her skin that was still quite painful. They also stained lines of red into her clothing around where it had cleanly sliced through the fabric. The similarity to back then did not strike her immediately, being granted five failures and five fresh cuts before the pain triggered that memory. She reached up and tugged on her top, making sure it was secure, her hand trembling slightly as she tried to block the memories out. She closed her eyes and tried to calm herself, but she could still hear that voice in the back of her mind. "I am rather displeased I must undress you myself..." The next five attempts were sloppy at best, her hands shaking almost too much by the tenth to even form a single seal correctly. Her blood loss was very minor, with the cuts being too shallow to draw more than a trickle of blood thanks to Riyota's astute aim. There was no obvious sign for why she was acting so strangely.

Finally as the tenth kunai grazed her, she held her hands half up for a moment, wincing out in pain as she had the nearly dozen times before. "I-I need to stop. P-please, please stop!" Her voice quavered as she turned from him, wrapping her arms around herself as her hands pressed against the stinging lines on her arm. She couldn't focus or think well, the pain was distracting, certainly, but it was a welcome alternative to her mind continuing to torture her. It wasn't Riyota's fault, he didn't know why this was bothering her so badly. Suddenly she became very aware of the room that they were in, the door closed to keep the training away from prying eyes. She had closed the door, and he had no intention of doing anything like... that, but a panic was beginning to seize her as the mere through of it struck her like one of the kunai to her neck.

Her breathing suddenly sped up and she seemed like she was hyperventilating as she loudly demanded, "I-I need some air." She quickly turned and rushed to the door a short distance off, flung it open hard enough for it to rather loudly smack against the wall before she hurriedly rushed out. She did not go far, just outside the door into the larger training center. Just being out of that confined space was helping her to relax, but the stinging in her arms and legs were too fresh of a reminder to simply be forgotten so easily. Oblivious to any calls or questions of concern, she paced back and forth a few yards out from the room Riyota had selected, her hands wrapped around her once more as they tightly gripped her upper arms, the small amount of blood now coating her hands a light smearing of red.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota would say nothing, would not even change expression as she failed the technique the first few times and the blades swiftly sliced their way through her flesh. His concern would grow only on the sixth or seventh throw, when she seemed to not be trying as hard to defend herself and began showing signs of distress. Her breathing became erratic and she began to grow pale. It was undeniable that the blades would be painful, but that sort of reaction was not ordinary. After the last kunai were thrown and Suzume had all but given up on blocking Riyota could see the disturbed look in her eye. He didn't know what was happening, but he knew she wasn't completely with him at that time. Slowly he approached, kneeling down and reaching out to comfort the girl and hopefully tend to her wounds, but Suzume would recoil away from him and fling the door open. Claiming she needed air. "Suzume wait!" Riyota would call out to his young ward as she sprinted off. "Suzume!" The man knew what was happening, he had experienced it himself many times before, but as he was about to give chase, he lost track of the young girl in a sweeping crowd of Miroku. "Damn it..." He muttered to himself, taking off out of the private training room to search for her.

As Suzume made her way out of the training area and through the crowds she would receive many a confused glare and raised eyebrow as she sprinted past the many Miroku clanspeople. None of them daring to interfere with her emotional rampage. Her wounds continued to bleed, and although not life threatening. Would risk infection if not treated. That's when the young girl's run would be cut short. In her delirium she would collide with a large man, the same man that had been staring her down earlier.

"Well what have we here." A friendly and warm sounding voice rang out, it had not come from the one she had collided into, whom maintained an angry expression that made it difficult to tell if he was indeed angry or if that was just his neutral expression. Regardless, out of the shadows would emerge an older looking spectacled gentleman, with unruly grey hair and small spectacles perched on the end of his nose. He wore a black jumper and large baggy trousers with a white labcoat hanging above. "I've certainly never seen you before young Miss, Atoshi, help her up..." He commanded the larger man, whom immediately complied in not so much offering a hand. But grabbing Suzume by the wrist and yanking her to her feet.

"Oh my my, you are injured my dear girl! Please, let me take a look at you. My name is Doctor Seishi, a pleasure." The man introduced himself, and then, without waiting for permission placed his hand on the first of Suzume's cuts and began healing it. "How did a poor thing like yourself get so cut up?" He asked, continuing to work on the rest of her wounds.

[If Suzume answers honestly]

The Doctor's expression would darken slightly, a crack in the mask perhaps, before quickly returning to his constant smiling attitude. "Ah, the young Miroku heir. Probably not the best choice in teacher that could've been made. As you can see, he expects everyone to be as hardy as he claims himself to be. You could do far better my girl." Seishi would finish healing up the cuts and then proceed to wash the blood off of her hands with a damp cloth.

[If Suzume doesn't answer or refuses to answer, he will continue about his business in the same cordial and friendly manner]

"In fact, I do believe there's a class going on right now not far from here. I'm sure you could learn much more than from whatever you were doing before." He explained. "Why don't you come with us and we'll show you the way, oh and..." The doctor would produce a small lollipop from out of his sleeve and hand it to the young girl. "For being such a good patient." He smiled, fixing his spectacles back into place.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It felt like running into a stone wall as she smacked into the large angry man, only paying the smallest bit of attention to where she was going before the impact. Stumbling backwards a step as she collapsed hard onto her backside, she looked up towards the man, her eyes red and slightly tear stained as she met his glare. Her visage of distress quickly shifted to match his, glaring up at him with as much intensity as she had been funneling into her earlier emotions. Luckily for one of them her attention was called by the alleged doctor, lessening her anger and frustration with his reassuring words and tone. Her emotions were a wreck at the moment, shifting quickly from one to the other as she tried to regain control of them and herself.

The man's sudden yank hurt her wrist, squeezing one of the cuts rather painfully along with the wrist joint as she was yanked up, but he received a rather stinging shock as compensation for touching her in her current state. Rubbing her wrist, Suzume gave the man one final piercing glare before she gave the glasses wearing one a slightly less irritated one. When he too placed a hand on her, he would also receive a shock just like is brute of an associate, but he would find that holding his hand an inch away from her skin was far enough to avoid further shocks while still being able to channel chakra into her wounded flesh. Being grabbed not once, but twice was keeping her irritation high, and if it were not for the fact that her stinging arms were being soothed she might have given them both a firm slap across their bubble-violating faces.

When he finally let her actually speak, asking how she received these injuries she would simply answer, "training," in an irritated and curt tone. As he tended to the cuts on her arm one by one her irritation did slowly fade, replaced by a hollow drained sensation as the trauma finally began to settle itself and recede back into the depths of her consciousness. She did not appear interested in the notion of any class held here, Riyota may be different, but the people here were still to have an eye kept on them at all times, even this doctor. Finally, when he offered her the lollipop from who knows where, her expression quickly shifted to confusion and annoyance.

"Seriously?" She looked at him and back to the treat, "how old do you think I am?" She was two years into her teenage years and was nearly to her third, and this supposed Miroku doctor was treating her like she was six? As odd as the situation was, it also was quite unfair of her to be insulted by the gesture but she was none-the-less. "Thanks for erm... the cuts, but I'll be going." Leaving his treat unclaimed, she turned from him without a bow or any other gesture of appreciation, giving the larger man another warning look before she began to make her way off in a different direction. She had gotten slightly turned around after her collision, and was traveling perpendicular to where she had emerged from the training room, making it equally likely that Riyota might come across them or her first.

As she walked off, she took a moment to sneak a peak behind her, staying true to her belief that one shouldn't leave the clansmen unsupervised while she was still within a few paces of the pair. If they didn't do anything that might catch her attention, she would turn back forward and keep walking until she got to one of the outer walls or until someone stopped her from reaching her incidental destination. The distraction had, if nothing else, did a good job of helping to take her mind off the flashback, and when she reflected on it she felt stupid for even doing it. He was trying to help her train, which was a hopeless endeavor she knew, and yet she was making his life more difficult by throwing fits? She wasn't sure where she was going here, but if it brought her to an exit, perhaps that would have been the best for both of them.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Doctor looked more disappointed in himself than offended at her rejection of the treat. "My my my...I do apologise, these are usually so very popular! I'll be sure to bring something more to your tastes next time, oh, not that I'm hoping to see you injured anytime soon." He corrected the statement, tucking the lollipop back into the sleeve of his labcoat with a smile. "You're very very welcome." He replied when she thanked him, seeing her off with a wave. "I do hope we can meet again under less vicious circumstances!" He called after her.

It wasn't long before Suzume turned around to check they weren't doing anything suspicious, but when she looked she would find the pair already gone, no trace of them left behind. The young woman would continue sprinting her way through the unfamiliar home territory of the Miroku, catching many a glance as people wondered what she was in such a rush to get to.

Meanwhile Riyota was making his own sprint through the familiar home territory of the Miroku, casting his gaze this way and that, trying to locate his runaway student, silently cursing himself as he searched. 'Way to go, teacher of the year award goes to...Some moron who traumatises his students until they run away into an area that is potentially dangerous, come on up and claim your prize!" He shook his head, hoping he could find her before someone else did.

Little did the young Suzume know that the Doctor had left her with a parting gift. Under the surface of her flesh just small enough to not be felt. Was a parasite that was transmitting her chakra signal directly to him. Placed within her whilst he had been healing her wounds, small enough to bypass her natural layer of electricity. But that parasite is not important right now.

Suzume would continue her sprint just around the corner.

Riyota would continue his sprint just around the corner.

Suzume would collide straight into something.

Riyota would have something collide straight into him, causing him to lose balance and fall backwards onto the cold Sand.

Recovering himself and making sure his thought stayed in reality he would push himself back up into a sitting position. Breathing a sigh of relief when he saw his young student, whatever state she was in. "I'm sorry Suzume, I didn't mean to do that to you." He apologised, bowing his head slightly.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suzume had been developing an amazing power in her time training with Riyota, if one could call the progress she had been making training: Crashing headfirst into people. Thankfully this wall of a person was less wall and more person, causing them both to topple backwards from the impact. Once again her butt impacted the ground, if she kept this up she would have bruises on her bruises by the time she went home that evening. Reaching up to rub her head that had collided with his chin, Suzume looked over to see it was her tutor. She wasn't as quick to recover as he was, still rubbing her slightly red forehead as he suddenly started apologizing.

"Huh? What are you sorry for?" She asked, looking clearly quite confused. The stinging sensation in her forehead spiked for a moment and she winced, "I'll be fine, just gotta stop running into people." She figured it was her fault, but she wasn't feeling in the apologizing mood at the moment, and couldn't bring herself to seriously consider offering one, deserved or not. "What are you doing though? I don't want to be wasting any more of your time. You probably have important..." she paused a moment, trying to think of what he actually could be doing right now, but coming up blank, "stuff to be doing." She proceeded to quickly push herself up to a stand, oddly free of cuts, though there was still some blood staining her clothing where it had been absorbed.

"So... yeah," she started, unable to make eye contact with him as she tried to explain, looking quite unsure of herself. "I'll tell whomever asks that you helped me for like... five hours or something, but you don't gotta worry about it." It was plain to see that the idea of giving up was not something she could readily accept, but there didn't seem to be much option for her. If she could do it, being nearly impaled by kunai would surely do it, right? "So, like, thanks and stuff." She awkwardly looked away from him again, absently reaching up to rub the scar line that trailed out from her left shoulder's sleeve.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A small smirk would form across the man's face as his student informed him that she would cover for him. Claiming that he had taught a full class so he could get on to the 'important stuff' he had to do. Shaking his head he would attempt to stop the girl in her tracks by flicking her in the forehead, counteracting her electric shock with his own. "Not too long ago I would've accepted that as a good deal and been off." He paused, scanning her face for any reaction. "But I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying myself. I shouldn't have asked for your name, I just got myself attached." He chuckled, getting back to his feet. "So if you'll have me, I, Miroku Riyota, would be honoured to accept you as my student." He said with an overdramatic bow. Staring her dead in the eyes he spoke softly, "You've already proven you're made of more than just potential, I've got a set of burned clothing as evidence. Me and you are just gonna figure out how to make it keep happening, cool?" He asked, hoping she wasn't so convinced of her own shortcomings that she would outright refuse to be taught.

Riyota would stand back up to his full height, and if she accepted his tuition he would motion for her to follow him. "I think we'll come back to the Kawarimi some other day, in a more comfortable situation." He explained. "Personally, I want to focus on you, and all that raw power you have,
hitting things hard is where I shine, leave all the technical parts to the geniuses."

On their way back to the training field Riyota would pause, and think for a few seconds. "Are you hungry? I'm kinda hungry, how about we get some lunch before we hop back to it?" He suggested, waiting for confirmation from Suzume. If she responded in the affirmative they would change direction and make their way out of the Miroku Zone to a food court. If negative, they would continue onwards to the training fields.

As they walked Riyota spoke calmly and softly to his student. "I want you to know if there's something troubling you, you can talk to me. Something didn't seem right earlier, and I'm certainly not going to be one to judge you for anything. I've got my fair share of bad memories." He said, trying to build back some rapport after the little hiccup in their training, as he looked over to her it finally clicked. Unless Suzume shared his knack for healing her wounds should still be open, but when the man looked her over there was no wounds. He knew he wasn't imagining it because the blood was still staining her clothes.

Stopping in front of her and kneeling down he gently pressed down on her arm where one of the cuts should've been. "Does that hurt?" He asked, whether she responded yes or no he would look her in the eye and say. "You didn't happen to meet with a Doctor when you ran off did you?" Both his voice and his face communicated concern.

MFT

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suzume winced back from the flick, the gesture catching her off guard more than it hurt, though it did still sting. She let out an annoyed yelp and took a step back, rubbing her forehead as he continued to speak. She couldn't make eye contact with him, she didn't have that much confidence at the least. With his full name proclaimed, she hesitantly looked back up, his eye catching hers. A moment of silence passed as he made his offer and once again she looked away for a moment, considering his proposition. She wanted to simply give up, that was the easiest way out after all, but she knew she couldn't go back home a failure. She nodded to him meekly, looking him in the eye once more with uncertainty.

He motioned for her to follow, and she obeyed without a word. She might be able to do as he said, but speaking was another matter entirely right now. It felt like a hopeless endeavor, to be blunt, and fighting against it was only going to make the inevitable fall that much more painful. Even so, she persevered, as what way was there to go but forward? The sudden change of topic to food startled Suzume out of her stupor and she had to do a double-take before reality seemed to fully come together. She stared at him blankly for a few moments before stumbling over her words, "n-no, I am good. I mean, we can if you want. I mean, it might be good?" It wasn't an affirmation nor a rejection, ultimately leaving the decision up to him.

Regardless of their direction, the topic soon shifted to the incident that had transpired a short while ago. She had not spoken of it to anyone, not in detail. She figured no one would really want to hear it, and to admit what had happened to anyone was sure to invite mockery for her poor decisions. Truly it was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and few would have honestly faulted her for her poor luck, but it was a risk she was extremely wary to even consider taking. As they walked she mulled it over in her head, unresponsive to his prompting. She had been nearly about to speak when he abruptly stopped in front of her, causing her to nearly collide with one another yet again. "What are you-?" was all she managed as he grabbed and started to prod her arm, interjecting his inquiry. "No, not really, why?" He asked her about meeting that strange doctor, and while she did hesitate for a moment she did eventually nod. "Weird guy with glasses wearing a coat. Treated me like a little kid. Why?" Outside of his rude presumptions about sweets, she didn't seem to understand what the grounds were for Riyota's concern.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back