Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Burn Out

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This was a long time coming. The eventual collapse and exhaustion of the Steward who would indeed be Kazekage. The Steward had been keeping alot of his maladies to himself. He had indeed lost his ability to conjure steel ever so freely as it had been ripped out of him due to the events of the Inferno. It seemed endless really. Combating the efforts of the Cabal, re-building Sungakure, and trying to help Wind Country in what ways he could. Thankfully the collapse had occurred not during a meeting, but after a battle that had involved him sustaining major injuries and having used shadow matter. The defeat of the Cabal while months ago had come at a cost that should have been cut off presently now. Perhaps the Cabal, in truth, was a cancer upon the Steward. He would never truly be rid of it entirely. That smirk of Kaito's, it was vexing in the extreme. Shouki and his addiction to pain, deeply disturbing. The knowledge Fuu held, inspiring and powerful.

Sousuke awoke in bed and stared up at the flickering light. He snorted at the light. "I should fix that."<i></i> He tried to get up. He could not. Sousuke blinked. Why could he not get up? He looked down to his person and realized he had been strapped to the bed. He wondered whose orders were these. Yume's? Possibly. Maybe his grandmother's. She had a habit of doing this sort of thing. The Steward looked to his left and saw the metallic skeletal arm sitting on the side. Oh yes... who ever had him placed here had his arm removed because the arm alone could easily cut through this belt that had been used to keep him down. The Steward let out a sigh. Why was the staff present so efficient.

Sousuke let his head rest against the pillow. He tried remembering the scene he was subjected to before finally breaking. Difficult it was though. His team had certainly defeated their foe... but was said foe vaporized? That was the more troubling notion. People always had a a way of creeping back to life one way or another.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a shadow in the flickering light, the silhouette of a woman and the cool green glow of her hands illuminated the walls. The strange chakra she emitted from her hands deepened the shadows about her face. Her expression tired, her small mouth drawn downward. Her blue eyes seemed almost grey these days and her long crimson tresses rested on his starched bed sheets. He was restrained, it was a good thing. She did not want him to escape prematurely, she had kept tabs on the young, overworked Steward who was working himself into an early grave. That was not entirely why these leather straps were necessary, she could force him to stay with her own power. If she were to fail, then he was certainly well enough to return to the world. However, she was not able to stay at his bedside. Not now anyways, not with the knowledge that he knows what she is. He did not know everything and the pit of her stomach turned sour at the thought that one day he might.

"He is awake," Shiori announced as she started to back away. Her voice was cold, almost pained. Her hands were as cold as ice as they ran over the buckles that held his wrists. "Make sure he recovers fully before he is released," she added as she made her way to the door.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Memory said:
"Push them back." The form of Shade growled. Their enemy was legion, but their ranks were breaking. Usually the enemy did not do well to seeing their lines shattered. Demoralizing it was. The enemy was beginning to scatter. Their champion however did not show any signs of such a mental break down yet. That was where the real battle took place. Enemies stood strong as long as their champion stood still. The Steward himself was operating at sixty-five percent capacity. He was bleeding shadow mass which was akin to blood for humans. Sousuke had taken the form of Shade, and the two worked in unison as one to prevent the extinction of the Kirishii at the hands of a mercenary army. Their benefactor was yet unknown.

The mercenary lord, or as Sousuke acknowledged as their champion was still in good health. He had a sharkish appear. His form littered with forearm blades and the like. His agenda, or so Sousuke was aware of was an extinction agenda of Sungakure's precious allies.

Sousuke remained unmoving but he was slowing remembering the details of what had transpired to put him here. Even if he had proper rest, there was only a small margin of error that his condition might have been better. There was a distinct voice he focused upon. A voice he had not heard from in months. A voice of someone who he had thought too had abandoned him. It had been ... three months? Maybe longer. "Shiori?"<i></i> He called out weakly. He coughed after calling out to her. It was a rattling cough that was one he was not used to. He grunted. "Blast it."<i></i> He managed to curse in between coughs. "Takahashi Shiori. Halt."<i></i> He spoke firmly. His vision blurred as his eyes watered not from tears but from the hacking and coughing. It took him a moment or so longer to finally catch his breath.

Curiously Shade would materialize. The specter made himself present for Shiori to see as he lingered in the corner of the room. The spirit of the Black Blade had a secret history with the woman, but it still remained between his other self, and Shiori. Curious it was. Why would she return here and now? Did word get out that the Steward's personal secret war escaped the boarders? Did words of battles with otherlings spread? Not likely. Sousuke was very good at not making a scene that he could not manipulate himself. No. Shiori was highly capable and indeed very powerful, she had been left unchecked for far too long. The specter returned his gaze to his host. The woman would make herself known if she wanted to.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Shiori?" A voice called out that sounded like autumnal leaves scraping over a cold stone earth. It caused her to feel pain in whatever she had left to call a heart. She did not answer as she bowed her head, her eyes met the floor as she continued her departure. She was not there, she was never there. A cacophony of coughs erupted from him, it would seem his gag reflex had returned.

"Blast it." He complained, the cough was good... healthy even if it felt as if he was about to cough the frothy organ onto his chest. "You almost killed yourself again," Shiori chastised as she reached for the door. "But you will be fine soon enough, with the quality of Medic Omni houses I am sure you will be fit in a day's time," she sighed as she traversed the threshold of his room.

"Takahashi Shiori. Halt." Sousuke commanded. Shiori wordlessly complied and looked back to where the Steward laid. In the far corner of the room was the same mocking image from before -- the specter.

"Greetings false brother," Shiori added with a sarcastic civility as she spoke to the Specter. Mikaboshi's fate could one day be her own, tethered and in service regardless of her will to a man. The 'shade' as she had sometimes heard him called shared the facade but not the persona of the disgraced Ancient Lord. "Do you show yourself as a cruel reminder of my brother's fate or to taunt me regarding my own?" She knew fully that it was possible that one day now that who... or rather what she was has been made known to her beloved cousin. It did not change her heart but she had not survived this long acting the part of a fool despite sentimentality. Perhaps if not before, it was obvious now that Shiori feared the Kazekage for what he might do. What he could conceivably do even with his limited knowledge set. His ire and wrath was something she desperately sought to avoid, yet despite it all she wanted to be by his side. She lingered through his disability and imbued him with her own wicked yet still healing energies. She waited until the last possible moment before she departed, well... she waited a moment too long. She could have walked away a minute earlier and have departed this place entirely. Her presence nothing more than a feeling or a dream yet she wanted to stay.

She missed him, he was all she had left to this strange pseudo family. Makeinu was gone -- missing. Sousuke had somehow lost him during her capture and subsequent disability that left her nights sleepless and wracked with pain. Her gut empty and heart full of fear as she fled the hospital an hour after she arrived so they would not see her blood. She had holed herself up in the wreckage of the city for weeks staving off death once again. By the time she emerged, her son was gone as well. Was it a consequence for her lies and treachery? Did Makeinu suffer in her stead?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shade inclined his head at Shiori. He did not miss the mark of her greeting. The shadow entity seemed to laugh at her remark. It was not a loud laughter at all, merely the motion of the head inclining upward and laughing at the remark. Your fate? Do you know the terms of the agreement between myself and your 'cousin'? It was terms set out to be beneficial to both parties. The terms were favourable, even if my other half thinks not. The prison that held us tight was not dreamed by the Takahashi clan. No it was a Sunahoshi. Clan Takahashi had advised the Sunahoshi not to seal away the benefactor who tipped the scales in ways unforeseen by many others. Your infernal brother's own court brought about their own ruin and the ruin of all.<i></i> The Shade remained unmoving. He sat there with sitting falsely on the window cell. He motioned to the Black Blade. The love of your life would have met his end if it were not for the agreement. I am not taunting you, merely reminding you of what you cannot do: Save. A. Life.<i></i> Shade bowed his head once more, A Sunahoshi has returned. He will not take his crown. He will not recognize his place proper. It leads then to this. An absent king leads to an over worked and tired Steward.<i></i> He motioned back to Sousuke. My other self absent. You, absent. The Sunahoshi heir, absent. If I didn't know the better, I could say you're all the same. No. My other self has become stronger lately. That much I can tell you. Shadow essence bleeds and repairs itself through recollecting agency.<i></i> Shade motioned with a gauntlet hand to her. Oh. Yes. Do not think I have forgetten our last words. You intended to bring back those two of old, who will bring ruin to everything. How goes that?<i></i> The sarcastic nature seemed like that of his other self. Shade did not break any of this news yet to Sousuke. The truth, was if anything a ticking time bomb. It would blow up in all their faces. Relationships would be shattered.

Luckily for Sousuke the discussion between the two was not heard by Sousuke. He was still trapped. Trying to remember what had held him here to this.
Memory said:
Blades crossed. The champion had been sliced open. He still battled with tremendous ferocity. There were cries heard from all about. Sousuke was bleeding too, but his blood was black. Such was the blood of a merged shadow entity. His sword hand steady as ever as they both required breath to clash once more. Counter. Slash. Hamstring. Sousuke worked with his foes movements, but he worked with them to cause his foe to have tired himself out. Another counter attack... but then a slash against his arm. The cutting sound and the opening of more flesh... his flesh. Not the flesh of the champion.

Sousuke kicked his foe hard in the chest and pushed him away. This was going on for an age. Seconds were years at this rate.

Sousuke licked his lips. He swallowed what saliva he had in the pit of his mouth. "I suppose that did happen. Then again the extinction of the Kirishii would not have been well for us. We need to help and keep our allies safe."<i></i> He winced slightly. He shook his head. "Bring me my schedule. I need to delegate authority for today's round of business and building. This is unacceptable. I will be behind. I need to finish building the Order Halls. The new Kazekage tower needs wiring, and ... hah ... you've been away for three months. Where have you been? Did you... no you must have received proper treatment from... that battle with Shouki."<i></i> Sousuke's expression soured. His bleeding cousin at the hands of that monster. It was sickening. "People usually change from traumatic events. What changed in you?"<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Your fate? Do you know the terms of the agreement between myself and your 'cousin'? It was terms set out to be beneficial to both parties. The terms were favourable, even if my other half thinks not. The prison that held us tight was not dreamed by the Takahashi clan. No it was a Sunahoshi. Clan Takahashi had advised the Sunahoshi not to seal away the benefactor who tipped the scales in ways unforeseen by many others. Your infernal brother's own court brought about their own ruin and the ruin of all... The love of your life would have met his end if it were not for the agreement. I am not taunting you, merely reminding you of what you cannot do: Save. A. Life. Shade bowed his head once more, A Sunahoshi has returned. He will not take his crown. He will not recognize his place proper. It leads then to this. An absent king leads to an over worked and tired Steward. He motioned back to Sousuke. My other self absent. You, absent. The Sunahoshi heir, absent. If I didn't know the better, I could say you're all the same. No. My other self has become stronger lately. That much I can tell you. Shadow essence bleeds and repairs itself through recollecting agency.

"A. Sunahosi. Lives?" Shiori repeated, venom dripped from the final word. "No, Specter... You tell me lies now with these unfortunate words."</B><i></i> Her mouth felt dry as she defied the blade's version of reality. She cared for little of what the weapon said before, excuses meant little to Suna. The maker might not be the wielder but there is never a time where enforced service was of mutual benefit. The Sunahoshi were not makers of weapons, the Takahashi were. Even someone with a remedial understanding of history could recall this -- the Takahashi were among the first Journeymen. The indifference and the excuses, seemingly an extension of the wielder's psyche rather than that of the Shadow Court Lord.

The blade was right, she could not take a life but she could damn their existence and that of their progeny. She could make them regret trespasses they never knew they committed. A son of the Sunahoshi, her mind echoed. The last.

Oh. Yes. Do not think I have forgetten our last words. You intended to bring back those two of old, who will bring ruin to everything. How goes that?

With that Shiori replied initially with only a toothy grin that was seemingly uncharacteristic considering her somber posture. "Well... it is going well,"<i></i> she warned. She had done some research in her absence, not enough to find a way but rather enough to know that there was a factor previously unknown and unexplored. Something she might have a use for among the endangered Oracles.

"I suppose that did happen. Then again the extinction of the Kirishii would not have been well for us. We need to help and keep our allies safe... Bring me my schedule. I need to delegate authority for today's round of business and building. This is unacceptable. I will be behind. I need to finish building the Order Halls. The new Kazekage tower needs wiring, and ... hah ... you've been away for three months. Where have you been? Did you... no you must have received proper treatment from... that battle with Shouki."<i></i>

"No," Shiori replied in response to her delirious cousin's final question. "But time heals all wounds cousin," Shiori's voice soothed.

"People usually change from traumatic events. What changed in you?" Sousuke inquired.

"Just a need to be alone, to prevent such aberrations to be suffered by myself ever again,"<i></i> Shiori replied half honestly. Surely Shouki had some effect on her but she has never allowed her mind a moment of rest to realize the scars he had left behind. "I do not wish to move from one prison only to occupy another," she added truthfully as she nodded towards the specter. "You have full authority over Mikaboshi, to bridle and restrain. To call upon. To take his very image, essence and power from... and I doubt you find what you are doing is wrong. I believe the specter from your blade is an extension of yourself, not an extension of the Ancient Lord as they share no commonality besides their image."<i></i> Shiori paused for a moment, her eyes to his restraints once again to ensure that they were in fact in place as she sealed the door behind her and made her way to his bedside. "How can I not feel afraid? Afraid that one day soon you will do the same to me," she knew full well that Sousuke did not trap Mikaboshi those centuries ago but he perpetuated this state and situation for his own benefit.

She gave Sousuke a pained smile as she sat at his bedside. She could kill him now and be forever free of this fear. Break the blade and hope that it releases her brother from the Takahashi's terrible curse. "I do not have to be afraid, this I know. I could kill you now,"<i></i> she explained as she shook her head. "You could have stayed in your wretched state in the battlefield,"<i></i> she added insinuating that she knew or rather saw where he was. Had she been closer to him than even he knew? Perhaps, saying more would be god-modding. <B>"But my heart cannot suffer any more loss," she confided as she sat at the foot of his bed, her hand resting on his lower leg. "My.son.is.gone." She added, her voice melancholy. Part of her, a large part of her blamed Sousuke for not keeping the child safe. He was sick and only a boy that she barely knew but felt a kinship with from the moment they met. If she did not know better she would have thought him an Ancient youth, perhaps even a distantly removed relation. He was gone and with no word, no evidence of his continued existence she assumed the worst.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I do have power over him. Taking his image though is something the heart is not accustomed to."<i></i> There had been times when Sousuke stared into the mirror and saw not his own reflection, but Mikaboshi's instead. He spoke not realizing what he was saying initial. The mind was a powerful thing, sometimes the mind could act faster than without a full realization. "I do what I must in order to protect the realm. That is my designation. That is my purpose. Kaito was cut down accordingly with the Black Blade. His life essence taken away from him. I cannot argue about the effectiveness of the Black Blade. Doing so is utter insanity. Mikaboshi once tried to possess this vessel. Perhaps the true end result is to become Mikaboshi entirely."<i></i> He spoke again in a very clinical manner. He had not really come to terms with what was being said on his end. The consciousness that was the heart and the mind were two separate ends. Sousuke's intellect spoke for itself. The mind comprehended what the heart could not, and would not as Shiori spoke about what her fate would be. "That technique was lost. There was a purpose for doing so as to someday repair the relationship between Ancients and humans? Why would humanity want to do such a thing? Fuujin and Homura were erased by the power of the Original. The actions of Mother Suna would not lead to such an action being required, the sealing inside of a blade that is. It will not be used again on an Ancient. Humans perhaps as their moral insanity is the greatest concern. The Black Blade existed before humans had access to such a skill set. Mikaboshi's lands were encroached by a member of Flame Court. That member owned this sword, and was tricked and played accordingly. It is truly admirable what Mikaboshi was able to do to a member of such a high court. The blade mayhaps was once a flame-blade but Mikaboshi turned it unto his own vision accordingly of a Runeblade. Shade is who he wants to be. All beings have the ability to choose and act for good or ill. Mikaboshi is not beyond good and evil. He does what he believes to be benefical to himself which is 'goodness', so to say."<i></i> The answers provided lacked human warmth, it seemed more like a recording speaking. Sousuke shook his head seemingly. It seemed that his heart was catching up with the news, but then again the mind went ahead. The mind was not sentimental. The heart was. "Your 'artificial' son was taken in by Toraono Kuro. What transpired in between that time period is an unknown. There is no recollection of what transpired of the missions he had enacted. These missions were not sanctioned by the Sungakure government. Yes, it is true that it is the fault of my own. I will not be a deflector of liability."<i></i>

Sousuke shook his head. He winced. He was trying to come to terms with everything. The heart could not take it but his mind could. The eyes glistened slightly. There was some element of confusion to be had. "The heart is taking time to process this data. The mind is fully aware of what is being discussed. Let us continue. Why is Mikaboshi so interested in you? What did he do to you? You are human. Procreation parties unknown."<i></i> Again that mechanical manner of speaking ever present. The mind needed to put together data. The mind needed to fill in the gaps. Things were complicated. "The Kirishii would not have allowed a complete terminal failure. Your abilities are vastly overestimated, but my demise is entirely possible. Ego is to be kept in check, not allowed to be rampant... doing so will -- "<i></i> Sousuke paused as seemed everything was catching up at least in terms of his heart and mind. "Shiori. Who. Are. You. Truly?"<i></i> The mind itself was not entirely sure. It had hints of answers but only hints. Again another wince of sorts. The body reacted now, with some strain he rose up breaking the buckles that held him down. The buckles that had broken were only of his arms, but not his legs.

Sousuke held his head. There was a ringing in his ears as things were coming into focus. The realignment of heart and mind. "Bleeding... red ... sand...? It makes no sense."<i></i> He spoke of an event past that was originally suggested to his conscious and registered as a dream. The mind was confused. The heart more so.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
</B><i></i>

"I do have power over him. Taking his image though is something the heart is not accustomed to."

Her assessment was right, his concerns centered only on the difficulties he practically experienced. Shiori gave Sousuke an incredulous look when he chose those words. Nothing of a feigned apology, even simulated regret -- it did not even appear to be a potential notion.

"I do what I must in order to protect the realm. That is my designation. That is my purpose. Kaito was cut down accordingly with the Black Blade. His life essence taken away from him. I cannot argue about the effectiveness of the Black Blade. Doing so is utter insanity. Mikaboshi once tried to possess this vessel. Perhaps the true end result is to become Mikaboshi entirely."

So that was what this was about, it should have been obvious to her from the beginning. Sousuke did not desire a servant of Mikaboshi but rather Sousuke desired to become the shadow in its entirety. A foolhardy want truly, for the perceived boost in power Mikaboshi surely represented he would also suffer the limit of the Deep Court. Ancients are not without restriction, they were not a resource of unbridled and limitless power although they perhaps seemed to be such in the eyes of primitive man. "You wish to be him,"<i></i> Shiori grumbled "...you would not want that."<i></i> She eyed him suspiciously as she leaned over him, she studied his features. He was not Mikaboshi, not in mind or body. "Would you truly be able to live with the blood on yours hands to get such power?" she added as she watched his face to see if his expression would change. It was placid, neutral, mechanical.

"The souls an Ancient consumes to regain that level of power..." she exhaled. The number of souls she would have to consume to regain her throne strangely burdened her heart. Similar to a law Sousuke would be familiar with, the law of the conservation of mass -- 'it can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space, or the entities associated with it may be changed in form.' The same could be said of 'power' in terms of an Ancient, they are an anthropomorphism of the natural and elemental world. Mikaboshi was shadow given life and form just as Shiori was the earth itself Homura the fiery depths and Fuujin was the sky. Their element gave them power and the desert was plentiful, her powers were for the most part naturally derived and even still it has taken her years to regain her strength without causing more pain. The dark and deep housed a civilized society and whilst shadows were still more plentiful there was by far more desert and sky than there could ever be darkness. Mikaboshi hungered for what he had... what he was and he was willing to eat. Shiori was far from a saint, in her heyday humanity was food and even to this day she eats. Her most noted meal being Sousuke's aunt and uncle after she had nearly destroyed herself utterly in an attempt to resurrect Homura and Fuujin, a secret she keeps to this day.

"That technique was lost. There was a purpose for doing so as to someday repair the relationship between Ancients and humans? Why would humanity want to do such a thing? Fuujin and Homura were erased by the power of the Original. The actions of Mother Suna would not lead to such an action being required, the sealing inside of a blade that is. It will not be used again on an Ancient. Humans perhaps as their moral insanity is the greatest concern."

Unbeknownst to Shiori, Sousuke was correct in one regard -- the Sunahoshi, not Takahashi actively betrayed Mikaboshi, but their complicity in the matter would be difficult to deny. The Deep Court Lord remained neutral in the battle between mortal man and Ancient, however in the time that followed, man or rather the Sunahoshi returned to the Deep and sealed with their old magic the Ancient Lord into one of Homura's daggers. Never Journeymen these bloodline kings, Shiori had assumed the Takahashi assistance in this terrible disgrace. Many of the earliest Journeymen came from the Flame Court in fact, many of the Ancient's blades were forged by mortal hands. "Yes, why would humanity want to repair the rift between themselves and Ancients indeed,"<i></i> Shiori mirrored.

"You say, erased?" Shiori stopped her resentful train of thought. "They were erased, not killed," Shiori repeated as her face hovered over Sousuke. She was looking into his eyes, seeking a sign of deceit. "That.Changes.Everything."<i></i> She concluded definitively. She remembered a children's tale she learned during her time as a 'human' about a book that spoke and knew everything that was, is, will and could be. About a powerful sword that could bend reality to its will... but erase? Yes... NO... "It failed," she confided. The evidence was in their stories and in their history. If they were erased, then she would not know them. She would not remember them. These humans would not know of them. She would have been the lone queen of the desert but history does not tell such a tale. "They are simply very... very dead, but that is only a phase,"<i></i> she commented, referring to death as nothing more than the awkward years of a teenage youth. It did not explain why she was not able to resurrect them at Godsfall, why at the cost of her essence and power nothing came.

"Your 'artificial' son was taken in by Toraono Kuro. What transpired in between that time period is an unknown. There is no recollection of what transpired of the missions he had enacted. These missions were not sanctioned by the Sungakure government. Yes, it is true that it is the fault of my own. I will not be a deflector of liability."<i></i>

"My SON was 'taken in' by that demon?" Shiori growled, her weight being supported by her hand which rested on Sousuke's chest. She was heavier than she appeared. Her expression was that of anger and revulsion. "Then... I know who I must find." She concluded.

"The heart is taking time to process this data. The mind is fully aware of what is being discussed. Let us continue. Why is Mikaboshi so interested in you? What did he do to you?"<i></i>

"Nothing,"<i></i> she replied simply. "In fact, he has done nothing but come to my aid,"<i></i> she admitted. Their interactions have been few, amounting to only... three this life. First, where she same upon him and inadvertently facilitated his release. She would have done the same, albeit sooner if she knew and acted in an intentional manner. Second, in Sousuke's household where he only made known the fact that he recognized her and did nothing more than remind her that she was humiliating herself maintaining this charade. Third and most recent, when he assisted in her rescue. "That is what family does after all, they help."<i></i> Surely Sousuke understood, after all she had called Mikaboshi brother in his presence at least once and she had already revealed her identity to him now twice.

"The Kirishii would not have allowed a complete terminal failure. Your abilities are vastly overestimated, but my demise is entirely possible. Ego is to be kept in check, not allowed to be rampant... doing so will -- "<i></i>

"And you overestimate the power of your allies and subjects,"<i></i> Shiori countered matter of factly. Sousuke would not have been needed in the places he was if they could handle themselves. They were no more capable of preventing a 'terminal failure' in Sousuke than they would be in themselves. "If you died at their feet, do you think they could save you. Not would but could. If they needed your assistance then their tribulations were already too great... If you were defeated, how can they stop a force that could utterly destroy something stronger than they?"<i></i> What she said was common sense, the reason he existed and the reason the shinobi populous existed as a whole was to fill a power-gap. It was to maintain balance and prevent villains from running a-muck, although the shinobi were not much better than those they defeated.

She sighed as she backed away from him. "You know that I... care about you,"<i></i> she frowned. "And I know that you are incapable of computing or whatever cold... mechanical... term you prefer to designate, but still care for you in the same way I do."<i></i> He had made that fact apparent multiple times before, clearly reminding her that it would be never regardless of the variables present. "But I won't change my sentiments,"<i></i> she added. She phrased it as if she had a choice, silly... silly Shiori.

"I am sorry I have kept you,"<i></i> she nodded "you need your rest."<i></i> She reached for the door, she would call one of the Medics in. Probably one of the young ones, they were always cute and full of vigor but innocent enough to not try anything funny whilst Sousuke was incapacitated. It was always the cougars you had to look out for. "Blonde?" She sighed, defining his future company by hair-color as a predominate physical feature much like someone identifying a kitten by their primary fur color. <B>"No, purple... you have always been partial to the color,"<i></i> she spoke to herself and not to Sousuke as she deliberated out loud.

"Shiori. Who are, truly?"

He called after her, not that she had departed the room just yet. "You already know and that is why I cannot stay,"<i></i> she reminded him. "And I regret the nature of our differences in the days to come, I will try to make sure you do not die."<i></i> An ominous but strangely lofty goal considering it was her most coveted desire to bring back the two most powerful Ancients history has ever known. The Black Blade had no reason to maintain her secrets and she had already revealed herself to him twice for her true nature. A truth she thought they could both contend with until she saw his domination over her brother. Until she considered Sousuke as a potential entity to be feared, a mistake she could only make once... she knew from Primus' uprising that mankind had limitless potential and in her diminished state one would not require such a paragon of human potential to defeat her. Mikaboshi was an ongoing testament to this. "But if you wish to feign ignorance, I will not stop you... but I will not foolishly believe that you would never do the same to me as you have to my brother if given the opportunity... after all, you must in order to protect the realm." Her voice changed, mimicking the Steward's.
Hush little Kage, don't say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beasts under your bed
In your closet, in your head

She could hear the bed creak and the leather straps groan before they *snapped*. The bed-springs chirr as the Steward sat upright in the bed. "Dammit,"<i></i> she had waited too long. The battered and worn Kazekage had the time to heal further with his near inhuman healing and strain against his restraints while she wasted time 'chatting' like a fool.

"Bleeding... red ... sand...? It makes no sense."<i></i>

The Journeyman heir repeated the events long past, still denying the truths before him? That event where she demonstrated the truth was not isolated, her blood covered Sousuke's torture-space was covered in hers as well as her unfortunate cellmate. She had told him twice the truth. "You are not a fool, stop playing the part of one now,"<i></i> Shiori demanded, her critical tone acrid. "Indiscretion such as this is an affront to me,"<i></i> Shiori argued as she prepared herself for his assault. "No need to feign fatuity so that you can break free... I refuse to fight with a handicap against a human, but I enter this altercation with a heavy heart."<i></i>

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I refuse to fight with a handicap against a human?" a voice questioned. "That is most interesting I may say. And I am also inclined to believe whoever said this believes it is not human." said voice continued. If they had failed to recognize who was speaking, at least, both Takahashis had certainly sensed something was not right. The air was colder, everyone else was either gone or in complete despair. The light seemed dimmer and the wind had picked up, bringing the cries of the damned with it. Or something of the sort. Those conditions had started long before Kazuki's voice could be heard, as a way to signal his arrival. And in the eventuality both voice and general sensations failed to allow them to recognize who was coming, the Overlord's body would seen emerge from the hallway and enter the room where Sousuke rested. Enter was only a partial truth. In fact, the Silvery Haired Man stopped beneath the archway and leaned toward of its sides, crossing his arms as he stopped. He eyed both the Kazekage and his cousin, with his soul piercing,pitch black eyes. His face showed no emotion, although hints of a inner tension could be discerned. The reason for such tension was not readily known and could not be related to the current situation he was placing himself into.

"Will I have to remind you both that this is a hospital?" Reaper calmly inquired. To someone outside, it would seem he was scolding a pair of kids squabbling over a piece of candy. Although it was far from it. He was trying to remind them where they were and the consequences of a fight. "Now will you behave?" the White Wolf questioned them once again. "Judging from your words we can ascertain you are not human, which means marriage is not a possibility anymore. So you can you tell him, and by consequence, me, what you are? Pardon my ignorance if I should know what is your race, but I am new here." Thunder suddenly reached their ears. No clouds were on the sky, so there was no visual clues that a storm was coming, but something mighty was coming.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dualbc83.jpg

"Horn in the Middle"
Nujabes​
That masked little freak wouldn't stop appearing in his dreams. He could still clearly see that lipless mask, with its large gnashing teeth zipped together in a savage grimacing smile. The singular exposed eye with its black sclera and blood colored pupil seemingly tore through his very soul, if he even still had one. As the alcoholic and carnal pleasures he drowned himself in began to lose their potency, Jin'ichi found himself waking drenched in cold sweat but otherwise calm. After all, he'd come to expect such occurrences after the first few times or so. The gradual metamorphosis he went through had saw to it that his flesh turn pallid, and his hair turn to ebony. Even his cheeks had begun to show signs of bluish grayed veins beneath the surface, but that detail was inconsistent as it seemed his cells fought back against the transformation in vain. Whenever he did wake, it only took mere minutes before the entire dream would fade and become almost impossible to recall in its totality. All he knew was that a darkness had been inside that boy, and somehow it wormed its way inside him after the confrontation. With the secret of his self defense gone wrong staining his soul, confiding in anyone about what transpired wasn't even an option. It had only been recently that he and Sousuke began to truly forge a bond, shattering it prematurely with confessions of an innocent crime would ruin everything... So he thought any way.

As of late he hadn't much work to do, as far as being a Shinobi went. Despite his age, being a Genin and a novice gave him limited opportunities. Rather than training, he found himself skulking around in the dank underbelly of the village looking for information. With just enough money to be able to purchase a drink or two and avoid much suspicion, he dug into the recent events by listening to other patrons. His investigation into the life he'd taken was going nowhere, and ultimately he found himself at a dead end. With nothing to do, he began to wonder what Sousuke was up to. When he ventured back to the Sietch Zensunna, and his cousin's home, he'd learn of the stewards hospitalization. Deciding it best to at least check on Sousuke, as the man had done for him not long ago, he'd make his way to the Omnit Prime Medical Facility for the first time. On the way he grabbed a six pack of beers, and something else he thought his cousin would like. At first the staff seemed bent on keeping him and his alcohol out, but eased their attitudes once they realized he was an actual relative. "It ain't like I'm gunna' force the beer down his throat."</COLOR><i></i> He muttered, leaving the confiscated brews at the desk after sneakily slipping two into his jacket. Being given the room number and directions, he subtly flirted with the lady at the desk before stepping off. It'd probably be a minute or two before she figured out his statements. By the time he was near to Sousuke's place of rest, he could already tell that things weren't as simple as they'd seem.

The air grew colder as he approached, seeing the door open and someone standing in the way. Each exhale would release a small fog that made it apparent he wasn't just imagining things. He managed to hear just a little bit of what was going on, and recognized the man blocking the way from the crowd back at Sousuke's talk of Orders. Audibly sucking at his teeth it annoyance, he reached into his coat and looked both ways up and down the hall before cracking open one of the beers he'd smuggled thus far. Making no attempt to hide his presence, he flicked the cap into a nearby trash bin. "'Scuse me." Was all he said, stepping right passed the man in the doorway. Far more aware of what was going on than he'd allow himself to show, a somewhat pleasant smirk appeared on his face- Until he noticed who else was in the room. Suddenly feeling like someone had cut a hole in the bottom of his stomach, he masked the awkwardness by taking a swig of the brew in hand. He was practically dressed in all black, wearing a jacket with a hooded shirt underneath. His jeans weren't anything spectacular, nor the boots on his feet. The couple of belt pouches around his waist wouldn't be easily seen, and the other tools he carried stayed completely out of sight. Overall, he seemed like someone from the city more than a Shinobi living underground.

<COLOR color="red">"What's the point in bein' human if you're not humane in the least?"<i></i> Completely out of place, and really only commenting on the last thing he heard before making his intrusion. It seemed that he didn't take any of it seriously, glancing over the crimson haired woman and seeing the look in her eyes changed all that though. His abysmally dark eyes refused to settle there though, landing on Sousuke and taking note of the broken restraints and his overall condition. "I don't really know what's goin' on, but you look pretty fucked up."<i></i> Such language was a staple for him. Reaching into his coat and moving to Sousuke's side opposite Shiori he would produce the second beer and hold it out. "At least you're still breathing. Who's the fop?" He asked nonchalantly, jerking his head barely towards Kazuki. He remembered only seeing people of more or less high standing at the meeting that talked about the Orders, with himself being the only real rabble-rouser and uncouth entity. Naturally he assumed this man was some sort of dignitary or something like that. "And for fuck's sake can they turn the air conditionin' down?!"<i></i> His deeper toned voice rose, as if he was talking to any nurse in the hallway. Sousuke would likely notice that his cousin was far more talkative than he usual was at the moment, but having never been formally introduced to Shiori he kept his mouth shut. He'd only seen her maybe once in idle passing from a distance around the Takahashi domicile, but with all the people and things Sousuke usually housed he doubted that she'd seen him.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Probably not."<i></i> Sousuke answered her first query. "The blood of the realm is not meant to be spent on my petty gains. It is my blood and life that is meant to be spent to preserve the Sunahoshi or the realm. I failed to do both in the face of the Cabal. Kaito's very existence reminds me so. It is very difficult when one of the man who is responsible for the destruction of the realm to be a co-worker with the heir to bring about the revival of Wind Country."<i></i> Sousuke answered with both heart and mind now. "Mikaboshi is old power. Perhaps the oldest in the world. There was darkness first, and then the first explosion occurred. A big bang, a rude and pitiful term for it. In that explosion light was born, and perhaps Mikaboshi gained sentience of his very own self. I would think he is one of the first to know the first day. As life crawled out and other forms came with it, his territory and domain receded. One is wise due to age. It is simply a theory he is amongst the eldest of beings."<i></i> The next question was not a full one she asked. The Steward seemed to pause for a moment. "There will come a time when humanity and ancient may need to best another power. The Outsiders. There is also the perchance of man having to be stopped by other men. The one that rises above all others and must be stopped for he or she may destroy everything."<i></i> He explained vaguely. Even his maestro was not comfortable with the concept of such a fantastical creature such as Outsider. The other case was merely evolution in any case. Sousuke again with his hands on the sides of his head continued to address each issue. "A dead body and a live body share a multitude of characteristics. Dead and erased are different in the regard, that in the case of the latter there is nothing left. Obliterated, but not truly. Not removed from memory. That is what is missing."<i></i> The Steward closed his eyes as he processed something. "There is not metaphorical maggot swarming the corpse of a dead god. Someone would have attained power, or exploited it."<i></i> He countered her remark about the 'death' of Homura and Fuujin. He could not confirm or deny evidence of such.

Shiori seemed to answer herself on the matter of her son. There was nothing more to be said about that at this moment in time. He would not argue the fact that Kuro was a demon. He listened to her explain the situation of how Mikaboshi aided her. It did not seem that way to be honest, but Sousuke had forced his hand. Literally. The next bit of data was still there. It was like a piece of a puzzle that would fit, but the builder did not wish to complete the puzzle yet. Shiori's assessment of his allies and their limits was answered with a nod. It was true on his end as well. By this time the genjutsu she tried to use on him and failed and the Highlord of the Senju clan made his presence known. The chilling presence was always a tell-a-tale sign. His remark was not missed, "I was one of the contributors of the construction of this facility. I know what its purpose is and what it is."<i></i> It was then Kazuki too began to question Shiori, or what she was properly. "Ancient."<i></i> He answered. His mind was gratefully fearful of which Ancient she could be. Fuujin and Homura were dead. She was not obviously Mikaboshi. The probability that she was not some lower Ancient court member was not good... and so therefore...

"What's the point in bein' human if you're not humane in the least?"<i></i>

Sousuke blinked at his cousin. This was ... well ... unexpected. His cousin, his true blood cousin, spoke to him using language he could not really fathom using. He looked at the beer questioningly. He blinked twice. Was he being offered the beer? Was Shiori being offered the beer? Kazuki? "Breathing with some minor difficulty. But... fop? The term, I am not used to. This is... this is slang isn't it?"<i></i> Sousuke exchanged glances with Kazuki. "He is High Lord Senju Kazuki... and this is our cousin Shiori... and ... the air conditioning I have no control over due to being bound."<i></i> Sousuke could say nothing else in particular. He merely laid back in bed now. This was indeed very awkward. Indeed. Yes. Indeed. The Steward held the beer in hand now. He was at a loss for words, as he opened his mouth to speak, but the words seemed to fall short. He did make a gesture of gratitude. Sousuke's chest was marked from when he broke the buckles. He did have some strength, but he had limits.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Probably not... The blood of the realm is not meant to be spent on my petty gains. It is my blood and life that is meant to be spent to preserve the Sunahoshi or the realm. I failed to do both in the face of the Cabal. Kaito's very existence reminds me so. It is very difficult when one of the man who is responsible for the destruction of the realm to be a co-worker with the heir to bring about the revival of Wind Country."</B><i></i> Shiori had no idea what he was talking about here, she was never knowledgeable regarding the Cabal's activities or their collective fates of which she assumed they had all died. All the same she let him ramble on, there was nothing for her to add except the reminder that he was going to get himself killed if he foolishly continued but such a warning seemed foolish or even redundant considering she was about to cause him... some discomfort.

"Mikaboshi is old power. Perhaps the oldest in the world. There was darkness first, and then the first explosion occurred. A big bang, a rude and pitiful term for it. In that explosion light was born, and perhaps Mikaboshi gained sentience of his very own self. I would think he is one of the first to know the first day. As life crawled out and other forms came with it, his territory and domain receded. One is wise due to age. It is simply a theory he is amongst the eldest of beings." </B><i></i>

Shiori shook her head in disagreement. They were old, but not -that- old. They, meaning the Ancients were not the first race to exist in Sunagakure. Before the Ancients were others, and they pushed out what once used to call this desert their home. They were the very landscape, the natural world was a reflection of what they were but also limited what they could be. However, the primordial race that existed before they was so remote... so distant it has even faded in her memory. That war was one-sided, even their predecessors knew their time was coming to an end when they emerged from the ether. It was different with man, so soft and tan... so tiny and insignificant. Their victory was unnatural, cattle literally rose up and became the dominant species in Wind Country seemingly overnight. "We are not that old,"<i></i> Shiori protested.

"There will come a time when humanity and ancient may need to best another power. The Outsiders. There is also the perchance of man having to be stopped by other men. The one that rises above all others and must be stopped for he or she may destroy everything."

That had already happened at Godsfall. The battle was already fought and lost but that did not mean she would not wage war again.

"A dead body and a live body share a multitude of characteristics. Dead and erased are different in the regard, that in the case of the latter there is nothing left. Obliterated, but not truly. Not removed from memory. That is what is missing."

She listened wordlessly, her hand tightened into a diminutive fist.

"There is not metaphorical maggot swarming the corpse of a dead god. Someone would have attained power, or exploited it."

Exploited like you would have, Shiori's mind seethed.

((OC Note: I was not casting anything in the previous post but to not make Sousuke a liar and to give Kazuki something to =stop= here goes.))

Shiori ripped the final restraint from Sousuke's ankle in a rage and tossed it aside. It smashed into the far wall, leaving a crack where it had landed. "No more excuses," she hissed. She started to sing a terrible melody. Time would feel as if it as slowed, but even with time protracted moments passed before an insidious presence intervened. The room started to possess a chill it had not before, a biting cold that could be felt on her exposed arms. The aura was not that of her brother's, that much she already knew as the lights flickered and became dim. The room filled with an impenetrable gloom.

"I refuse to fight with a handicap against a human?" A voice repeated. Shiori looked about the room, her ears did not betray her, there was nobody besides herself and the Kazekage in this sealed room. Yet she recognized the voice as one with her keen sense of sound would. He was one of the Stewards foreign allies. Regal and self-important as they all were. A bothersome blight, dealing with these alien powers all of which seem to align themselves with her cold and cruel cousin as if he was their 'friend.'

"That is most interesting I may say. And I am also inclined to believe whoever said this believes it is not human." The disembodied voice boomed. A choir of voices called out besides his own, filling the world with a lamenting song.

"Reveal yourself," Shiori demanded, calling into the crying winds that cycled through the small hospital room. Shiori's long crimson tresses knotting and twisting, pulled back from the sides of her long face. He revealed himself at the door, a silver-haired man with eyes of coal who blocked the door. She knew him, well had met him twice. It was that acquaintance of Sousuke's with the alien friends who imposed himself in their home. The Kazekage certainly has no difficulties in making friends.

"Will I have to remind you both that this is a hospital?" He scolded. Shiori was well-aware, her rage and passion blinded her judgement. She did not care.

"There are a great many places besides, none of which possessed the Steward,"<i></i> Shiori admitted matter-of-factly. Two of them now to fight.

"Now will you behave?"

The Reaper repeated.

"No," Shiori replied in an acerbic tone. "No, I will not. My son, not my artificial son but my son is missing. He let Makeinu run off with a demon and now he is gone to who knows where. Besides this, we -- me an him are enemies. He is a tyrant!"<i></i> Shiori exclaimed, her arm making a sweeping motion. "He!--!"<i></i>

"'Scuse me." A stranger interrupted as he slid past he partially blocked door, beer in hand.

Undeterred the silver-haired manpersisted. "Judging from your words we can ascertain you are not human, which means marriage is not a possibility anymore. So you can you tell him, and by consequence, me, what you are? Pardon my ignorance if I should know what is your race, but I am new here."

Shiori's blue eyes bore into self-important foreigner. "Marriage?" She parroted incredulously. She did not even remember talk of an engagement, well there was the passing mention by Sousuke but it was a far from uncommon topic to broach for him, he would marry her off to a traveling carpet salesman if he could. "There was no interest in me," she added "but an excus"

"Ancient." Sousuke broke past Shiori's vehement words to give the grey-haired man the answer he sought.

"Was that really so hard to say Steward," a term she had never personally used to reference him in the past unless in a formal setting and even then she was rarely compliant. She was -mad- this time, moreso than times in the past, revealing her true nature would suffer this woesome divide.

"What's the point in bein' human if you're not humane in the least?" The young man interrupted. Who was this one? He had escaped her purview until now and yet he possessed a familiar aura. She stopped long enough to watch him partake, it was five o'clock somewhere, just not here.

"I know you," she commented. Pallid skin and peppery hair. Dark eyes.

"I don't really know what's goin' on, but you look pretty fucked up." The young man assessed, recovering a second beer from the recesses of his coat that he offered to the Steward.

"At least you're still breathing. Who's the fop?"</COLOR><i></i> The darkly clad outsider queried, gesturing towards the man at the door.

((OC: Takahashi mentioned the start of a transformation psychologically and physically in his recent posts, going with it. He is in no statistical danger, although RP always.))

<B>"Makei-?" Shiori started to say before she stopped herself. He was too big. Too healthy. She furrowed her brow as she studied him a moment longer. There was discussion regarding the term 'fop' that she paid no heed to.

<COLOR color="darkred">"And for fuck's sake can they turn the air conditionin' down?!" The young man complained.

"Is that YOU?" Shiori exhaled. "How?" She asked herself more than anyone. "...No," she murmured. Hope and longing were such cruel things. She shook her head, this... they were distracting.

<B>"Suna. Suna is my name Sousuke."<i></i> He already knew this, she had told him before but he seemed to prefer to feign ignorance or act in denial. "And you have offended me for the final time,"<i></i> the scorned woman announced.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A Takahashi reunion. That it was it was. Three Takahashis in the same room. Kazuki half expected for the end of the world now. A strange individual had entered Sousuke's room, beer in hand, and began acting as if the tense situation, they were in, was something trivial. He had, in fact, time and audacity enough to use slang in a derogative manner when refering who the Overlord was. "Boy, I am not a fop. I am your worst nightmare." the Silvery Haired Man muttered, although loud enough for them to hear. Reaper was here to defuse a potential explosive situation, meddling outsiders were not of his concern, and as such, he was going to ignore the younger Takahashi until doing otherwise was needed. Despite Kazuki's and Jin'ichi's intermission, Sousuke's and Shiori's history lesson continued and the White Wolf learned more about Suna's background than he did before. "This situation reminds of a joke my father used to tell. Gaea, Hephaestus, Bacchus and Death all go out on a stroll, and things simply went downhill from there." the former ANBU Sennin calmly noted. Eventually, the Steward, not Shiori, revealed her true nature. She was an Ancient. The very precursor race to Mankind, at least in the Wind Country. Akin to gods. It was a surprise, although not a complete one. The Overlord had seen this woman, a grand total of twice. And on the second one, something alerted him to her. Her aura was different, of that he was certain, but what difference it was, Kazuki failed to figure out. Now everything was clear.

"Mother Suna, given the circumstances I cannot say it is a pleasure to meet you, but I would like if you could stop throwing threats like that." Reaper requested. He had heard her call Tyrant to the Steward, and she had just announced she would no longer be offended by the Purple Haired Man. "What has happened, has happened. He cannot change that, even if he wanted. But the future can be tampered with. Your son is lost? We can find it. He is a tyrant? He can be taught better." the Silvery Haired Man spoke, detailing some of what could be done. "He is a hopeless hobo? We can sacrifice him to Sargeras and nothing will be lost." he added as he pointed toward Jin'ichi. "My point is. Allow him to fix his mistakes and cease your hostility. I am not your enemy here, don't make me one.". The roar of thunder was now much louder and closer. Something mighty was coming and it was drawing near as they spoke. The Prince of Thunder was on his way.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Every detail about every person was easily noticed by the paling young man. Heightened senses made attention to subtleties an effortless feat. Like a canine his ears picked up on every pause, delay, and the monotone pitch of the steward's voice. Sousuke was suffering on the inside, far more battered internally than his external form would show. The amount of sacrifices he made continuously without regard for himself was taking its toll on him. Beneath the calm and docile voice of the steward, came a soft wheezing that usually accompanied torso damage and difficulty breathing. Just the other night he suffered brutal injuries at the hands of an enigmatic foe. That was a different story, one he still needed to share with his cousin. However; that would be done at a later date, and not in the company of those he wasn't sure he could trust. A darkness was coming, but Sousuke already had so much his life that not knowing what was approaching for just a while longer could grant temporary peace.

The confusion was evident. Sousuke didn't expect Jin'ichi to have cared, or at least didn't expect him to have shown his face. Perhaps the newly aspiring but long destined Kazekage thought their little heart to heart would be a one time things. Just days before, sometime after midnight, Sousuke had shown his care by visiting Jin'ichi. While it was often that the steward failed to understand or comprehend the feelings of others, he did have some of his own. Despite his high position and exhausted form, Sousuke had taken it upon himself to start cleaning up the mess Jin'ichi had made in his own room. It was a dingy little room in a motel found in the Red lights, and the Takahashi clansman had fallen asleep drunk and alone.

The two of them never grew up together, but they shared the same blood regardless. There were innate traits that they shared irregardless of their separation. He was without doubt a true descendant of the First Men, and a real Takahashi through paternal lineage. The two of them talked about the history of their clan, as well as its future destiny in the world of the shinobi. Unquestionably, Sousuke was on a path to lead the destiny of his clansman and the village they had served since ancient times. Where he would steer the village and its people ultimately relied on the decisions he would make and the people that he had supporting him. By principle alone, the people you called clansmen and kin were the ones obligated by an ineffable love that was hard to explain. It was the type of love that you had for you mother, father, brother, or sister. Choosing them wasn't an option, but since birth they'd be the only ones to help you survive in the world. Even when you reached the point that survival wasn't a concern anymore, there was a gratefulness that lingered for lifetimes. That is, is that member of your family had shown you the same love. If they had helped you survived and cared for you regardless of all your flaws and failures. If not, then they could go to Hell. Blood or not.

When Jin'ichi had arrived in the village just a month or so ago, he had been a complete stranger. Yet, he shared the name Takahashi despite his father being traitor to the clan and his own family. Sousuke nonetheless welcomed the near penniless man with no experience in the life of a shinobi with open arms, and even let his estranged cousin sleep on his couch. While not a ninja, he had been a bit of a solitary stray mutt... Wondering the urban, suburban, and rural landscapes of the Gutai Makai island without a pack. All he had was his mother and his siblings. They didn't always get along, but in the ends they needed and helped one another when all others came and went. His father had left them behind, and went on to do as he pleased just as he had done when he fled Sungakure and turned full rogue.

His mother's side of the family had been a nomadic gypsy-like people, said to be descended of those once cursed by the Ancient known as Fuujin. Instead of staying with the newly forming society after Primus' victory, they accepted their freedom and tried to return to their ancestral ways prior to feral devolution at a supposed deity's whim. With few of them left and tradition fading she'd been swept off her feet by the deceiving traitor. He hid his true personality while laying low for a time, but was still a terrible man after a while nonetheless. As many years had passed Takahashi Meshita knew his trail had gone cold, and that it was time to return to the life of a rogue Shinobi, he was no family man. He had no honor. He cared nothing about kinship. The only things he truly cared for seemed to be power, respect, and fear. With those as his holy trinity, the vices were his virtues. He was ever abusive, violent, and unfaithful. The branch family of the Takahashi he had come from had fallen apart for the most part, and those that remained were mostly used by Meshita himself to achieve his goals prior to his departure in the first place. Meshita and those close to his branch house had been a stain on the Takahashi name, and Sunagakure's history. When he finally did turn rogue, all affiliated with him were eventually brought down and eventually all seemed forgotten. Only he seemed to vanish without a trace.

Jin'ichi couldn't choose the actions of his father, nor those of his mother. He wasn't able to change the past, or the things that made him who he was from a material perspective. However; all things could change in spirit and mind. Everyone had the capacity to do evil, yes, but there was also the capacity for good. A part of life and nature that was inherently good, was love and care. If you cared enough about anyone truly enough to want good for them, and to believe in their worth and capacity despite their flaws then that's what made you family. It was that familial bond, something rooted in goodness, that strengthened families and without it any relationship was doomed. It wasn't something you could touch or see, but feeling it was possible still. It was something you felt with your consciousness, your awareness, your heart, and more importantly your soul. Care was the most important and subtle force in all of creation, one wouldn't even eat if they didn't care about the hunger pains or survival. He saw that in those sapphire eyes, on her beautiful face as she looked at Sousuke behind the anger upon his entrance. Then suddenly he swore he saw it again when she looked at Jin'ichi himself.

With his back leaned against the wall, and the sweating cold brew in his grasp, he only locked eyes with her for a millisecond or two. There was so much pain, so much loss. He could see the toll that existence had taken on her damaged soul. It was much the same way he could feel the weariness and depression that slept beneath Sousuke's mechanical shell. Everyone else saw some important leader, a steward or acting Kazekage when they looked at the man who would be Kazekage. Jin'ichi saw many things, but he also saw a man. Someone that was human, and was being crushed by the burden of carrying so many things without the proper support. He had allies, but many were lost and disarray came after the Cabal's attack.

Few knew what to do as chaos erupted all around them, and besides the few elders, none of the Takahashi clan had much to offer Sousuke in suggestion solutions to the problems they faced. Everyone was content to simply let Sousuke sit there and think of a way out on his own, and carry out his orders. The entire success or failure of their family being up to one man who already had so many problems of his own. He was always shutting off his own feelings and concerns in order to be the support that everyone needed, Sousuke wanted to be the rock that the world could rest on... While neglecting his own needs and suffering, masking it so he wouldn't be a burden to anyone else. He couldn't let his emotions control him, or even allow himself to feel them too deeply and reroute thought energy away from his duty and purpose. A moment of weakness or collapse could be the end of an entire population. One mistake made would take the lives of thousands.

The woman with the sapphire eyes was a victim of Sousuke's mechanical coping mechanism. Jin'ichi could see both anger and love when she had looked at Sousuke, before noticing Jin'ichi himself. The problem with that, was it was clear that Sousuke didn't have the ability to express care in a way that would satisfy most. He wasn't tender or sensitive in his delivery, and rarely ever could see things from another point of view. Always focused on his ideas and living in his head, Sousuke remained oblivious to things like feelings and just how deep they ran in each person. He cared, but he didn't understand. Jin'ichi understood because his sister was the same way, but it didn't mean they couldn't love or feel, but it was just in a far different way. After that brief millisecond had passed into those blue eyes of her's, Jin'ichi found his eyes glued to a tile somewhere on the floor. He knew within himself that he was a direct source of at least some of the pain her saw in those eyes. He had been the one to take her son's life.

After leaving home to join Sunagakure and eventually hunt his father down, he had to travel alone. Taking a ship from the island just off the coast of Wind Country's shores and make his way through the desert he would find trouble. In the pale light of the moon he saw a maimed corpses scattered all about with a young boy in the center of it all. Drenched in blood and howling in uncontrolled primal rage at the moon, the possessed child practically steamed a demonic crimson energy. Before Jin'ichi knew it, he had been the youth's next target and fought desperately for his life, narrowly surviving the berserk assault. In the end, he stood over a dead body with endless questions and no answers. He would depart and eventually reach Sunagakure, learning of his family's place and being accepted despite his age and lack of experience. It was nothing more than bad luck when he discovered the melancholy that hung over the household... The sadness that lingered over Shiori the one time he'd glimpsed her from a distance as she went into seclusion. He learned that she'd lost a son despite never her never being around. Sousuke was also in isolation, always handling the duties of both Kazekage and steward. He was surrounded by subjects, but ultimately alone and working.

By the time he learned of the boy's name and description, and putting two and two together, it was too late. He was already in, and had given his word to Sousuke that he would have the man's back. After all, Sousuke had his without reservation instantaneously. It didn't matter that it was likely just due to his mechanical nature, that he instantly understood the duty involved when it came to family. The fact was, he understood it. Which is why it would have been a shock for him to have heard Sousuke's earlier emphasis on 'artificial' when referring to Shiori's son. Had he been there, maybe he'd have jabbed the steward in the chin or something to that effect. However; he wasn't and that would have to be dealt with later. For now, all Jin'ichi wanted to know was why Shiori was looking at him with such depth and longing. The look she gave him wasn't one you gave to a stranger or something you'd never seen once.

There was undoubtedly a powerful bond between the three Takahashi standing in that hospital room, and played far less a role in it than one would think. As she called herself Suna, and grew angrier with Sousuke, Jin'ichi completely ignored the reference. That didn't matter one bit, he didn't revere gods or myths the way others did. He paid attention to them yes, but had a scientific mind of his own. It dissected and studied the underlying with impunity. That is where he and Sousuke were alike. Their approached merely differed, with his laden by irreverence and simultaneous belief in the human potential. What good was being human though, if you weren't humane? Shiori could honestly both love and hate, and thus was more humane than most human beings ever could be. As far as Jin'ichi was concerned, she was human regardless of whatever form she took, and was in essence family to him as well if to Sousuke. He would get to the bottom of what really happened to Makeinu, before he had to kill the boy.

"The Hall of Souls"
Quake Soundtrack​
The man introduced by his cousin as 'High Lord' Senju Kazuki would interrupt the awkward silence. It was a response to a comment Jin'ichi made earlier, a response that made the Takahashi clansman chuckle a little. The man's eyes were cold, just like the aura he emanated. He was the type of person that set off silent alarms in the heads of those he came into contact with, a dangerous entity with horrific capacities. It wasn't about the power he could possibly wield, but the mind behind that power. The amount of darkness and malevolence that crept to the surface was evident to someone like Jin'ichi, someone who had so much darkness and malevolence buried away in himself. It took one to know one. The silvery haired man told a short story about three ancient gods, ones Jin'ichi would be surprisingly familiar with. The so-called 'High Lord' would then arrogantly suggest his opinions to Shiori. He knew nothing about their situation, and yet claimed to be able to find what no longer existed. Even worse, he almost mockingly referenced her as 'Mother Suna' while subtly disrespecting her. Jin'ichi was sure that she didn't find it pleasurable to make Kazuki's acquaintance either as the 'Lord' had expressed about her. The quip about Jin'ichi being little more than an expendable bum rolled off his shoulders like water off a leaf. He was used to that kind of talk.

Shiori was no killer, at least not a cold-blooded one. Neither was Sousuke. However; Jin'ichi and Kazuki were two very different people beneath the facade they presented to others. The darkness slithered beneath their flesh and sullied their souls. It wasn't a physical darkness, nothing akin to the actual shadows and void of the realm. It was a destructive and repulsive force that festered in the hearts of certain people beyond the acceptable. "Man, you come right out of a comic book." He casually broke into the conversation again, unable to be ignored. "Just the kind of thing a fop would say." Raising the brew to his lips he'd take a swig and proceed. "Actually Sousuke, fop isn't a slang term. It's a word used to describe a man who's excessively vain and concerned about his appearance, dress, and manners. Basically an upper-class snob, and if not, a wannabe upper-class snob. A dandy if you will." In the same cold and dry manner his cousin would use when defining words and situations, he delivered knowledge just the same.

The sound of rolling thunder would send vibrations throughout all the room, oscillating every cell and atom to minor degrees. "You should probably mind your own business, I don't know how they do it where you come from, and I don't really care." There was no anger, annoyance, or malice in his tone of voice at all. It was as if he was describing a warm day on the beach. "Their problems are a family matter, I know your title means something somewhere, but your name isn't Takahashi." Bluntly put, he followed with a small shrug. "They're disagreeing now but they'll work it out eventually like they always do. You're probably tryin to do the right thing, but you shouldn't threaten my cousin under the pretense of defending the other. It definitely wouldn't improve your standing here... Maybe you should leave and come back when things lighten up."<i></i> Just like that, he would suggest the Kazekage be left with his family to sort out their affairs. After all, it was their clan that decided the fate of the village. If there were problems internally, they would suffer externally.

As if forgetting something he held up a finger and bit his lip. "Oh, and I prefer Dionysus. Iacchus even. Bacchus sounds too close to Baka, and I'm not as stupid as I'd like to be so I don't earn that title just yet."<i></i> Looking over to Shiori with a calm smile, and gentle eyes that showed true empathy he played off the tension. "Besides, if she's lost her kid that's no way to treat a grieving woman. You help her cope with her loss, not dismiss it as unimportant. Especially if she's an ally or someone close to you. We all have to learn, every day brings another lesson and if we don't learn from them we're gunna' fail. I'd like to see this clan do the opposite. We're better than that, and we're more than just a name. We're family."<i></i> After the second sentence or so he'd have looked away from her, letting his eyes settle on the ground once again. There was an introverted nature to him that made him somewhat shy and avoidant. Even when speaking with Sousuke and bonding, he rarely made eye contact and gave constant deflections from his own inner workings. He would not give off the impression of a pretender, nor was he being such. Everything he said he meant.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tyrant. The word was very much like a curse word to Sousuke. Although he was lying down still recovering the Steward was silently boiling in a rage that would not only melt flesh, but perhaps Takahashi Fire Forged Steel. Perhaps this was the most angry Sousuke had ever been. For the most part he considered his cousin, Shiori, to be delusional. Insane. Not criminally insane, but some chemical imbalance in her head allowed her to so much as think she had the possibility of being Mother suna. The concept was preposterous. Everyone in the room, even Jin'ichi, had the possibility to push themselves into an exalted realm of power. Shiori maybe had tasked herself with an undertaking of some sort devilment of sorts. That was perhaps the most reasonable response to this. Yes. Cousin Shiori had tapped into some sort of power set that had allowed her feeble mind to be ensnared with this delusion of grandeur that she was the premiere goddess in Sungakurian religion. Shiori had been gone for three months. A lot could have been done in that time.

The bottle of beer was placed on the table. Sousuke listened to Jin'ichi explain what a fop was. A term that was then filed in his head. It wasn't slang. It did seem to be a very curious way to ... condense a number of personas into one. A most admirable concept really. Jin'ichi continued to diffuse the situation as best as he could. He very much presented the situation in a most reasonable approach. Emotion was something very outside the realm of reason. Sousuke remained silent considering the alternative was to simply shout at people and make degenerative remarks. A bridled tongue could indeed be the saving grace here. "Send the Prince of Thunder elsewhere. I do not wish to have to re-wire sixty circuits and replace the generator due to his mere presence here."<i></i> Sousuke requested. Thor's temperament would only worsen the situation., He would blunder and speak loudly amongst cause the building to suffer greatly. "We are certainly not meddling with Saregras either. He is almost as worst as that annoying cult of Jhanism. It is very perplexing and very tiring when one learns of the number of individuals he has tricked into false powers."<i></i> A warning of sorts coming from the well learned Steward.

"I am no tyrant."<i></i> Sousuke began very quietly. He twitched at the very use of the word. "We are not enemies either. I recall coming to save you from Shouki, and that is what precisely I did, with aid considering Shouki's powerset was even for me a challenge to counter-act. I suppose that has been all forgotten. Like Jin'ichi I have come to check in on you at times, as required and as expected of me to do so... but of course family is family."<i></i> He very much hated the truth at this moment. May as well entertain the concept of the truth, even though for Sousuke it was very much a preposterous thing that would in fact damage a two hundred year old religion. He was not the most faithful of men, but he had moments. "I am following the decree of ... "<i></i> He paused for a moment. Well. This was going to get awkward. "I am -- "<i></i> He paused again. This was very difficult indeed. "Religious texts dictate that you had decreed the Sunahoshi to be the rulers of this part of the world, furthermore you had declared that the Takahashi would be their Stewards and would look after them, never marry them, and rule temporarily in their place in the event of an heir who is not of age occurs, or if the Sunahoshi is not present. Tyranny is when power is taken from unjustly. I am following your understood decree. In this particular case, the Sunahoshi heir has refused the throne ... two ... no three times. I am in this confounded position due to my bloodline and because of the Sunahoshi's ... fear of himself."<i></i> Sousuke grunted. Maybe breaking those belt buckles were not the best idea. He was sore, but he was shaking. He sighed and continued. "Although I suppose the point here is that we are to learn that now you didn't decree such a thing, and that the religion of old is a lie. You are certainly not the adoring mother who tells us to go on despite all the odds. You are not the mother who we pray to in times of despair. You lack virtue in the extreme. I suppose though it is up for the common man to believe if you are truly Mother Suna. I suppose that is true power though to have put together a religion together and have several devoted followers, and then have the ability to metaphorically spit in their faces."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes narrowed. "And so we have entertained the greatest farce known to man. I suppose I should thank-you for having determined the majority of my life for me, the greatest laugh belonging to yourself. My entire lineage. My life. My goals. One. Big. Joke."<i></i> The anger from before was ever again present. "I despise this. Your son is dead, and my entire family line is subject to the great joke imaginable. I suppose there is power in this revelation. To be crushed so significantly and absolutely. I suppose the human thing to do is to simply apologize and to look the other way. Perhaps I shall just simply resign and have Sungakure disperse itself to the outer regions. Supposing of course than your decree was indeed false, and some smart ass writer decided to simply make it what they wanted it to be for reasons I am not beknowst to. The other alternate is to think you are simply mad and continue on the original path. Deep down I know that it would be a lie, considering I am doing the illogical and truly entertaining the fact you are in fact Mother Suna and not some middling member of the Earth Court. Bleeding sand is proof of this, but not the end game truly."<i></i> Sousuke's hands balled into fists.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Only had a few minutes after work. Sorry -- this is terrible and does not fairly and evenly address everyone. Kazuki I found the hobo statement hilarious as well as the mythology joke. A+ Makeinu, a pleasure as always to read your work. Ray, pleasure as always to fight with you. I may IC require sedatives. =/

IC:
The colloquy between Jin'ichi and Kazuki fell outside Shiori's purview. Their private squabble with the Kazekage had attracted an audience. Do-gooders the both of them in their own way, the future alcoholic and the Senju Lord -- they were attempting to defuse an explosive situation between the Ancient and the Steward but the bellicosity between them had been bubbling under the surface for some time.

"Mother Suna, given the circumstances I cannot say it is a pleasure to meet you, but I would like if you could stop throwing threats like that." The Senju announced, perhaps attempting to stave off an incident by aligning himself with the Kazekage or by earning her ire in the Steward's place. From his perspective she likely appeared cracked, speaking of Ancients and telling off the man who held the highest station in the village. She did not trust him, this foreigner, not that he had done wrong or acted in a suspicious manner but because she did not know him. He seemed less human than herself but more so than the mechanical Steward -- calm, well-dressed, with a dynamic presence. A fop if you will. She knew nothing of the content of the man beyond a superficial understanding.

"I do not care," Shiori growled refusing to back down as she had so many times before. It was self-defense at this point, this knowledge that she was in a situation she could not win. She would either be seen as an enemy, as a liar or as a madwoman by the day's end. Tired of living a lie she also wanted to hurt others with the truth, for them to share in her discontent.

"Their problems are a family matter, I know your title means something somewhere, but your name isn't Takahashi." Jin'ichi shrugged. "They're disagreeing now but they'll work it out eventually like they always do. You're probably tryin to do the right thing, but you shouldn't threaten my cousin under the pretense of defending the other. It definitely wouldn't improve your standing here... Maybe you should leave and come back when things lighten up." He suggested referencing himself as a cousin to them both but she had never seen him before today. She had isolated herself following her kidnapping and subsequent torture, avoiding friend and artificial family alike. They had crossed paths obviously as the man recognized her, but considering her 'cousin's' flighty nature strangers in his house were far from unusual.

"Thank you," Shiori exhaled as her shoulders dropped and her pounding heart slowed. She frowned, she had come to make sure Sousuke was all right but all she wanted to do was fight him once she knew he was okay. She was taking out her frustrations and fears on the Steward. He was to blame for most of them, but she had earned worse than she endured. "I am just angry..."</COLOR><i></i> she admitted. Angry over so many things -- the losses she had suffered over the centuries that were too numerous to list, the consternation she felt when humanity won, the humiliation of having to play nice with the children of those who had murdered her kin. She had for a time resigned herself to a simple, quiet life in the wilds... alone... Much like humans, Ancients were not made for solitude. At risk to her own existence out of desperation she tried to bring back the strongest of their kind in idle hope that they could revitalize their kind. She failed and was plunged into a lonesome, broken state until an opportunity arose.

""I am no tyrant,"</B><i></i> Sousuke muttered soto voce.

"We are not enemies either. I recall coming to save you from Shouki, and that is what precisely I did, with aid considering Shouki's powerset was even for me a challenge to counter-act. I suppose that has been all forgotten. Like Jin'ichi I have come to check in on you at times, as required and as expected of me to do so... but of course family is family."

"As required and expected indeed, not for want or affection... and even still, you saved the spurious Shiori... not I," Shiori countered. Sousuke was even still rejecting the reality that was before him and replacing it with his preferred and familiar state. "As for your agnate," she added in reference to Jin'ichi "why would an itinerant person look in on me? And why does he call himself a 'cousin'?" She looked over at the young man once again, "...and why does he look like my son?"<i></i> Her voice was filled with misery as the words were pushed through her teeth. She did not know this Jin'ichi, she did not even know that he was a new-found Takahashi relation only that he was close to the Steward that she once knew so well and that the expressions between them seemed to suggest familial bonds coupled with the fact that he came to her defense referring to her a a cousin. As she knew far too well, just saying you are family is not enough. She knew the Steward his whole life, apparently he could claim another as family but not she. "You should have let me die," she muttered.

"I am following the decree of ... " Sousuke paused. "I am -- "

Shiori raised her brow at him as if to say 'spit it out already!'

"Religious texts dictate that you had decreed the Sunahoshi to be the rulers of this part of the world, furthermore you had declared that the Takahashi would be their Stewards and would look after them, never marry them<i></i>(OC: why, you think Katsuo is hawt?), and rule temporarily in their place in the event of an heir who is not of age occurs, or if the Sunahoshi is not present. Tyranny is when power is taken from unjustly. I am following your understood decree. In this particular case, the Sunahoshi heir has refused the throne ... two ... no three times. I am in this confounded position due to my bloodline and because of the Sunahoshi's ... fear of himself."

Shiori waved him off. "And why pray tell would I make such an edict?"<i></i> It was a good question if one truly considered Wind Country history and the war of Godsfall that was the turning point in the war between man and Ancient. "My lack of intervention at godsfall had nothing to do with love or even choice, it was a burden of my nature,"<i></i> Shiori explained. It was a complicated subject to explain to a human, their very existence hinged on 'free-will' and breaking what was previous seen as a limit -- Ancients had no such luxury and she was not going to take the time now to explain an Ancient's nature. She focused solely on her fanciful cousin as she approached the side of his bed, she could not or would rather not attempt to push through the Senju with an unknown powerset to leave this too as she should have minutes earlier. She would do what she had to. "Why would I reward anyone? I had no ardor for your kind... I lost my friends, lovers, children to humanity one... after... another."<i></i>She reminded him, her face close enough to Sousuke's that he could feel her hot breath on him as she spoke. "Do you really think that I so loved humanity that I would forsake my own kind. What makes you think cattle is so special?" Her face was hovering inches from Sousuke's by now, a defiant expression met his.

"What has happened, has happened. He cannot change that, even if he wanted. But the future can be tampered with." Kazuki reasoned. It was obvious that this was devolving fast.

Shiori stopped and looked at the Senju.

"Your son is lost? We can find it." Kazuki reasoned.

"We can find him," she breathed.

"He is a tyrant? He can be taught better..." Kazuki continued, referring to the Steward.

"Better... maybe," Shiori parroted.

"He is a hopeless hobo? We can sacrifice him to Sargeras and nothing will be lost..." he quipped. She had no idea who or what a Sarg-ras was but gave a half smile. "My point is. Allow him to fix his mistakes and cease your hostility. I am not your enemy here, don't make me one.".

The foreign Sennin attempted to reason with Shiori and Sousuke but his words fell on deaf ears. Inches apart they quarreled.
<COLOR color="darkblue">"Although I suppose the point here is that we are to learn that now you didn't decree such a thing, and that the religion of old is a lie."<i></i>
"Yes, it was."<i></i>
<B>"You are certainly not the adoring mother who tells us to go on despite all the odds."
"All I have are my FAKE children!"
"You are not the mother who we pray to in times of despair."
"I cannot hear ANYONE'S prayers!"
"You lack virtue in the extreme."
"AND YOU LACK EMPATHY AND SOCIAL ACUMEN!"<i></i>

Shiori screamed, the octave of her voice had reached its peak causing the walls to quaver and quake. There was the hint of a tear, made of earth that refused to fall that lined her eyes.

"I suppose though it is up for the common man to believe if you are truly Mother Suna. I suppose that is true power though to have put together a religion together and have several devoted followers, and then have the ability to metaphorically spit in their faces." Sousuke contended. It was not a fair statement, at least to Shiori. She was at fault because she was not what others said she was. She was not a god. Never a god. An Ancient was never synonymous with a god although in comparison to the first men, their powers were considerable.

"Because I tell them that they are wrong. That they are praying to a false god of their invention... It would be a greater trespass against even these undeserving to allow them to continue as such." Shiori announced as she backed away, Sousuke's scent was overpowering.

"And so we have entertained the greatest farce known to man. I suppose I should thank-you for having determined the majority of my life for me, the greatest laugh belonging to yourself. My entire lineage. My life. My goals. One. Big. Joke."[/b]

"Yes, BLAME ME. Blame ME because you have the highest station of power in the village. BLAME ME for everything that has went wrong in your life... But you do finally get the point. This is ONE.BIG.JOKE but you are not the punchline but you may as well be. What I wanted... what I needed was finished nearly a generation ago when the last Sunahoshi disappeared. But you say one remains," he tone of her voice changed. "I'll kill him," she concluded in a light-hearted voice that contrasted wildly from the guttural voice she was fighting her cousin with a moment before. Perhaps she was joking, she was not but perhaps. She had stopped seeking peace with Sousuke some time ago, she hated him or at least a very large part of her wanted to. It hurt less to hate. It hurt less than to be betrayed. He would prove her right soon enough, that she was not her friend. That they were not family. It was an artificial family -- not even close to the same.

"Besides, if she's lost her kid that's no way to treat a grieving woman. You help her cope with her loss, not dismiss it as unimportant. Especially if she's an ally or someone close to you. We all have to learn, every day brings another lesson and if we don't learn from them we're gunna' fail. I'd like to see this clan do the opposite. We're better than that, and we're more than just a name. We're family."
Jin'ichi attempted to again sooth the situation that Sousuke seemed to be single-handedly making worse

"I despise this. Your son is dead, and my entire family line is subject to the great joke imaginable. I suppose there is power in this revelation. To be crushed so significantly and absolutely. I suppose the human thing to do is to simply apologize and to look the other way. Perhaps I shall just simply resign and have Sungakure disperse itself to the outer regions. Supposing of course than your decree was indeed false, and some smart ass writer decided to simply make it what they wanted it to be for reasons I am not beknowst to. The other alternate is to think you are simply mad and continue on the original path. Deep down I know that it would be a lie, considering I am doing the illogical and truly entertaining the fact you are in fact Mother Suna and not some middling member of the Earth Court. Bleeding sand is proof of this, but not the end game truly."

"Dead--?"

"You finally speak the truth. You knew." Her eyes cast down, she had already assumed the horrible truth but it had not been put into audible words. "I do not care anymore... I do not care if you know or what you think. I did not very long ago. I feared your reaction... I wanted you to react of course," she said with a depreciative tone. "But in the end those around you are tools, tools to make you feel good. Look good. Become more powerful. To fulfill a role on 'service' to your realm. Their liberties and purpose only an extension of your own. I don't regret this lie that your own people perpetuated, not I."

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And just like in Kazuki's father joke, things were going downhill and pretty fast. Jin'ichi's and Kazuki's attempts to defuse this thermonuclear bomb were for naught, especially considering they were actually negating each other's efforts by bickering. In fact, if they continued to argue, emotions would kept rising and things would turn even worse. "You do realize that Dionysus and Bacchus are two different names for the very same being, right? Ergo your preference is entirely irrelevant but suit yourself." the Overlord noted as he eyes Sousuke's younger cousin. That was the first thing he had to say about the other guy's nice little speech. The other was a simple "And no!" to Jin'ichi that he left Takahashi's matters to Takahashis. He wasn't there because he was worried about the safety of the Steward Kazekage, even if that was one of his concerns. No, he was there to stop something that would only bring chaos to an already chaotic village. He had lost his home, he would be damned if he was going to lose his second one over silly squabbles. Shiori's and Sousuke's argument continued, even going so far as becoming face to face, inches away in fact. The White Wolf was about to step up and physically draw her away, when Suna moved backwards.

A calm and collected Reaper was already a dangerous individual, but once emotions got control over him. Feelings such as anger, or even wrath. Once the Silvery Haired Man found himself overwhelmed by them, then you knew you were in hell. The former ANBU Sennin's emotional control was slowly eroded as voices were raised and the arguments increased in heat. A perfect, live-size, replica of the Fire Daimyo suddenly appeared at Kazuki's side. Only to be instantly smashed by him with a single punch. "THAT IS ENOUGH." the White Wolf shouted right after smashing the wooden statue. If everyone were to look toward him, they would easily noticed that the Overlord's normally pitch black eyes were now crimson red. Not only that, the chilling sensation, the dimness of the light and the howl of the wind had increased a notch. The lesser the emotional control, the greater effect his aura had on the ambient.The Silvery Haired Man's next words would target everyone and not a specific target as he eyed to no one in particular as he spoke. "Do you think you know suffering? Do you know what is to kill your own father because he has gone mad? Well I do. Do you know what that does to a seventeen year old boy? I do and that day still haunts. Do you know the feeling of losing an entire village to your enemy? I do, I lost Konohagakure. Despite all my power, regardless of all those beings at my command, I was powerless to stop the invasion of my home. The only thing we could do was flee and hope to fight another day. Yes, Sunagakure was attacked, destroyed even, but it still stands. It is still here, it is controlled by you, not the Cabal. Do you know the feeling of living in a constant struggle? Everyday fighting this constant hunger for power? A desire you cannot ignore nor ever sate? I do, and very well so. I struggle with this hunger every single day and I will do so until the day of my death. You cannot fathom how this corrodes my spirit, to have to act based on my hunger, but be forced to delay its sating else I would be forced to commit crimes. Do you? Don't come saying you know suffering well and no one else can hope to understand it as you.". While Kazuki's voice was mostly steady throughout the entire time, a few times it wavered as if he was controlling himself or describing something very painful to him.

Unfortunately he was not done yet. "Newsflash ladies and gentlemen. We are at war. There is a threat, from outer space, coming to kill us all. The ninja world faces extinction.Sunagakure has just been attacked. Darkness grows outsides our walls as our enemies prepare to attack us yet again. Do you think the Cabal's attack was an isolated act of aggression? Think again. No, that was a mere prelude to a much bigger threat. We are not, humans and Ancients are not safe at all right now. And until we tackle the bigger issue here, we cannot rest nor allow any division among our ranks. Think straight for a second. Our infighting will only help our foes and speedup our mutual downfall. We will all lose if this path is further pursued and nothing can be gained from it. Think." Reaper was not certain if they were going to listen to him, or if his angry tirade was going to hurt his chances of bringing them to the path of reason, but honestly, he did not care one bit. They were asking for the truth, and they got it, big time. The Prince of Thunder's approach and the request for him to be sent away, had been largely ignored by the former Sennin. No more thunder could be listened, but it was still coming.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He'd do little more than roll his eyes as the High Lord known as Kazuki attempted to correct him about mythology. It wasn't hard for Jin'ichi to expect less of those who viewed themselves as something more, and so it didn't surprise him that the man assumed Jin'ichi thought the two names to refer to separate entities. His phonetic preferences were the only things implied, much in the same way a man named James might have preferred being called Jim. William could have been Bill, and Richard was sometimes simply Dick. The depth of understanding Jin'ichi had about things went so far beneath the surface that none would believe his words. More often than not, he kept his mind and his mouth to himself in earnest. Unlike Sousuke, his genius had absolutely nothing to do with mechanical tinkering. Instead, he found himself more akin to one that unraveled the fabric of reality and smashed through false perceptions in order to seek out truth. Knowledge was information, Wisdom was Knowledge properly applied.

The arguing went on, and it seemed as if Jin'ichi hadn't said a word unto either cousin. Instead of staring them down and gawking at the debacle, he would continue to sip his beer nonchalantly. Though it seemed he paid no attention to anything, his mind processed every single worth to the finest detail. He was easily able to understand the concepts laid before him, like the thunderous sound and its link to Kazuki and the supposed Prince of Thunder. His cousin mispronounced the name of Sargeras, some fallen deity of old associated with the dark forces. Shiori had accepted his words, but Sousuke ended up wrecking the whole thing as if purposefully. Both of his relatives were furious, and at the same time Jin'ichi appeared to care less from a physical point of view. It was Kazuki instead that became overwhelmed, summoning a wooden dummy and smashing it with a single blow. Jin'ichi wouldn't move or flinch in the slightest as splinters flew about. Few rigid strands of fractured wood flew passed, bouncing off the wall and onto the floor beside him.

Closing his eyes, he listened to Kazuki's tirade. He wouldn't interrupt, feeling it better to know all he could about this so-called High Lord of the Senju. The story was one filled with tragedy and loss, but the extent of his suffering was greatly exaggerated. Either that, or he failed to understand the far greater suffering of countless others scattered across the planet. He confessed the darkness inside him, the part of himself that Jin'ichi had been able to inherently sense and relate to. All of it was inconsequential, but perhaps the Senju Lord needed to get those things off his chest, and had harbored them in solitude for far too long. Jin'ichi was the same, and yet different. The darkness that ate away ate his soul was something he doubted he'd ever be inclined to share with the world, but Kazuki did eventually reach a meaningful point... Their village was at war, and this infighting would bring them to their knees. The whole conversation about Ancients and altered religion was more of a joke than the one played on the descendants of Primus, at least a joke in the eyes of Sousuke himself.

As the last of his company almost finished their statements, Jin'ichi would turn the bottle upside down and drain the last of its contents. No sooner than Kazuki had uttered the word 'think' would Jin'ichi toss his empty brew across the room. It shattered as it reached the wall furthest from its pitcher, just as loud as Shiori's voice had gotten mere moments before. The difference between him and everyone else in the room, was that he did not appear to be angry or even disgruntled. Instead, a smirk etched its way onto his face as he lazily threw his hands up as if he'd scored a goal of some sorts... When in reality, he did nothing but litter the room with shards of darkened glass. Letting his hands fall to his sides in a limp and lifeless manner, he leaned his head back and stared at the ceiling. "I could give a damn less what the decree was, or wasn't. I'm a Takahashi, by blood, and I'll fuck who I want to."</COLOR><i></i> With the back of his skull still pressed against the hospital wall, he turned his head just barely so he'd be looking toward Sousuke.

"Remember the conversation we had the other night?"<i></i> He begun, but didn't wait for a response. "At some point, I said 'What makes this Mother Suna's words so special any way? Look at how huge the world is... Are we really going to limit ourselves to the law of one entity we can't even prove exists? Furthermore, one that even in theory, only has domain over Wind Country.' right?" His memory seemed impeccable, reciting his statement to Sousuke from days prior with each word in the exact same order and tone. "It's been the ingenuity of you and your men keeping things together. Not some lady in the wind. That being said, are you satisfied with our destiny being set in stone as serfs and nothing else?" His words would be like an echo, and in a strange way perhaps back then he had drawn those statements from the future to apply to the current situation. Who knew with an oddity like him? Looking back towards the ceiling, he would reach into his jacket and pull out a pack of menthol cigarettes. "It's too fuckin' obvious that you're not satisfied with that, or you wouldn't be blaming her for actions you chose to take. Free will."<i></i> He shrugged as he knocked the pack of cancer sticks against the back of his wrist, compacting the tobacco and additives a little more so they'd burn slower.

Sure, he was in a hospital and lighting up right now would have been disrespectful to just about everyone present. However; none really seemed to mind that continuing to argue and basically ignore his earlier suggestions was rude as well. Plucking one from his pack and holding the cigarette between his lips he'd light up without a care for anyone's thoughts. Taking a deep drag, he would speak and simultaneously expel smoke. "This language we speak, it's really not that old... Not even that original."<i></i> Easing up from off the wall and now standing firmly on his feet, his eyes scanned over each person as he spoke. "The words we used are constructed from older words, many of them with more precise meanings. Religion for example, comes from the word Religare. The meaning of Religare is to to tie back, to bind, to hold back, or to thwart from forward progress."<i></i> While he might not have been the oldest in attendance, but it was clear he was no fool at this point. He was far from done though.

Tapping the butt of his cigarette and ashing onto the floor, he'd take another puff. "Men decide their own destiny through their actions, but blame something else every time. This happens in every nation on every continent. They're cowards and would rather put the responsibility on somethin' they can't prove, absolving themselves. Shiori... Suna... Has already made it painfully clear that she gave no such command, so come off it. Countless years have passed, and information gets bent over even in modern times when traversing but a few feet between loose lips. How can you be sure it wasn't the Sunahoshi or our own ancestors that fabricated the tale of benevolence? Take a good look at this woman and you can see she's not interested in being worshiped or ruling over anyone. If men will only do what is commanded of them, how are they any different from cattle?"<i></i> His tone was light, calm, and simplistic. A laugh followed, and he didn't care if he was the only one amused. "Sousuke, you're acting like a baby right now. I understand you're not used to emotions, but you don't have the privilege of breaking down. Not if you want to keep this village together."<i></i>

If no one else would talk to the Kazekage in a strictly candid and open manner, Jin'ichi would be the exception. "Takahashi Shiori... Suna the Ancient, Takahashi Suna... What's the fuckin' difference?" He jerked his head lightly in the woman's direction, irreverent as Hell in the face of his country's supposed deity. While the Gutai Makai was off the coast of Wind Country, it was still subject to their customs and traditions in many ways. Jin'ichi had heard tales of the Ancient long before ever setting foot on the mainland, and hadn't a drop of faith in any known God. It wasn't that he didn't believe in the unseen, but men were unreliable things and religion itself was a man-made creation. He knew full well about spirits, and otherworldly entities, but revered not a single one. Perhaps his ancestor, Primus, had the same sort of mentality... How else could he lead a rebellion against those that ruled them with an iron fist? "She cares about you, and at the same time she's hurtin'. More often than not, people try to share their pain with the source of that pain by trying to hurt them as much as they themselves have been hurt... You might not be capable of picking up on personal subtleties, but I'm more than capable of it and I'm telling you what you need to hear even if she's incapable of it."

No longer would he allow this matter to be just about them, and instead of staying out of it he brought down a silent hammer on everything. Trying to derail the topic hadn't worked, and sitting there in silence as the fate of the village was indirectly determined over a squabble wasn't in his nature. It didn't bother him that Shiori acted as though Sousuke hadn't introduced them only a short while ago, upon his initial entry. It didn't even bother him that Kazuki and his foppish exterior was growing angrier by the second. He had come all this way to join the village of Sunagakure in order to seek vengeance on his father, and that wasn't possible if the village fell apart on its own. He wasn't going down with the ship. Not until it had at least ferried him to his intended destination... Then he'd gladly ride along back to Hell. "Oh." Looking up and towards Shiori yet again, his expression seemed less benevolent than earlier and much more indifferent. "Could you not ask questions about me, to someone else while I'm standin' here? That's some disrespectful shit."<i></i> Rubbing his chin he continued. "If I look anythin' like your kid, call it coincidence. From what I've heard, he had white hair and red eyes... As you can see, I don't have either."<i></i> In truth, he really couldn't perceive any resemblance between himself and the child. However; his paling flesh and the overall features on his face would give ghostly images of her loss nonetheless. "I'm more than happy to help you investigate Makeinu's disappearance. I'll be waiting outside for a minute if you're interested. I think you'll find it more productive than... This." He was playing a dangerous game, but leaving her with two men whom were opposing her felt wrong. He had his own legitimate interest in finding out what happened to Makeinu... At least, what happened to Makeinu before he had to kill the boy.

He started to take lazy and slow steps towards the door, giving the impression he didn't want to leave or something. He stopped right beside Kazuki, and stared from the corner of his peripheral vision. It was an irony that both men were exactly the same height, if you didn't count the Senju's spiky hair that made the difference. "I'm only here to kill my father any way, you see... He's gone mad." Hearkening back to the Senju's previous rant, he seemed to have more to say on the subject. <COLOR color="red">"I've lost everything of worth before I was even born, to our universally shared enemies... Every single day of my life has been a struggle and filled with uncertainty."<i></i> While he would never go into specifics, one could only hear truth in his voice because that was all he spoke at this point. "And still... I overflow with an insatiable hunger that gnaws away at anything I could call I soul. The funny thing about all that is, there are still countless people in this world who have suffered a billion times more than either you or me." As he smirked the sharp curved cuspids he displayed made him seem like a feral beast, a brief glimpse of the primal nature that slept beneath his meandering facade. Stepping passed Kazuki and visibly shrugging, his voice could be heard even if his face could not be seen. "No, this isn't a Takahashi matter after all. It's a matter of inflated egos. I suggest you three get your shit together before the next wave of enemies comes knockin' at our door. If you can't put aside your wounded egos in order to protect everyone else, then you might as well join the Cabal yourselves."<i></i> Then, just like that, he rounded the corner leaving a trail of smoke in his wake. He'd likely end up in a brief argument or two with those in the hospital on the way out due to his cigarette, but he'd find his way out nonetheless.
[Topic Left]​

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I am not sure if your son is truly deceased. It is the most likely outcome. I did stay with him and he did indeed help me when I needed it."</B><i></i> Sousuke answered Shiori. Although she was in his face, it was not Sousuke who marched up to her. The Steward broke eye contact with her and stared at the ceiling. He took three steps back, metaphorically. He had to take a solid minute and replay all the data he had just absorbed. "No. You wouldn't. Your losses are numerous. I am unsure how one goes about repairing that amount of loss. Cattle is precious in the concept though that cattle in time used to sustain oneself through consuming their flesh and innards. I suppose there is a more nefarious purpose in ultimately being the Prime Designate in the Ancient with destroying those two, or being instrumental to it. There is the alternate is being the host to the cattle and harnessing them over time."<i></i> Given what he knew now was that perhaps the original intent? It could have been a forgotten purpose. It remained to be seen.

For a moment Sousuke glanced down and looked at Shiori as she spoke of his inability to be an empath or have social acumen. The word fraud littered his line of view. It was the only thing left to be said really. Religion was a very tiring thing. Perhaps that is why Sousuke wasn't even very religious in the first place. Jin'ichi broke in and spoke of how he doesn't have the privilege of breaking down. The remark stung. Was he not human? Did he not have equal right to most things people had? All leaders or people of renown have a moment of a sheer breakdown occurs. Quarter life crisis? Half life crisis? Again Sousuke looked up from staring at Shiori, the word fraud leaving his field of view. The remark came about Shiori and an attempt on Katuso's life. Sousuke would pause for a moment. His mind processed the threat and began calculations. One well placed punch to the mouth from the metal skeletal arm would break Shiori's teeth and would stun her. Fits of true physical violence would surprise everyone in the room. He saw in a bleeding mouth and several broken teeth present, the chips following to the ground and then Sousuke would throw the second punch this time to her solar plexus and this time with enough force to send her rocketing out of the room unto the floor below. The third attack would come from the Black Blade right through her chest thus ending her life entirely. Threat dissolved. No one would ever hear about the fall of Mother Suna. Sousuke would remove his weapon from the hole in Shiori's chest and he would look into her eyes, not even taking a moment to gracefully close her wide eyes that were vacant of life. Sousuke would vaporize her body with a plasma blast and thus removing her body and red sands from existence. Red sand would be easier to clean than the blood and visera that would coat his entire body. It would take time to edit history to remove Takahashi Shiori from the whole equation.

Sousuke blinked as he did just that. First, shadow dance, acquire the arm, shadow dance again. Punch to the face. Break teeth. Maybe break nose in the process. Red sand covered the skeletal arm. She would be stunned and surprise by this action. The pause would allow for the second attack. Punch Shiori straight through the wall. Wall crumbling. Shove aside the rubble. Time to act again. Finish it. Finish the alpha level threat. Summon the Black Blade. Sword thrust to the chest. Pierce flesh. Twist blade. Drive blade deeper into the heart. Twist again. Pull blade back. Ignore look on her dead face. Ignore the screams. The insignificant look on her face. The loud death cries. It was all fake anyways. Kick head clean off. Sheath Black Blade. Charge palms. Fire plasma beams. Erase her. Clean area. File report.

Sousuke blinked a second time. No. Shiori was still there. Everything he had just done in his mind's eye had not come to pass. It was for the best truly. There were many things he had regrets about. The murder of Shiori would not be one of them. Sousuke chewed his lip. Strange. He still called her Shiori. During this time Kazuki had shout at the both of them and explained having to slay his own father. Again he had taken in the details, but he had filed it away. He replayed it. Yes. Yes. The Phoenix Force. That was indeed higher than this again. Sousuke replayed the details of Kazuki smashing that image. Curious. "No. I cannot say I know suffering that well. This is all just ... a very meaningless waste of energy and intentions. Our minds and efforts have better things to be put to use."<i></i> Sousuke exhaled. He trembled. The thoughts in his mind's eyes was catching up. It horrified him, in a way. "Both of you are right."<i></i> Again Sousuke replayed the missing sections his mind recorded being that Jin'ichi's father. A subject of interest for the Steward. There had always seem to be something missing. Someone who worked for the Cabal but knew deeply of Sand village. Perhaps...? It is ... possible. By that time now Jin'ichi had left. Sousuke was again replaying the details of what he had said.

Again. Sousuke exhaled. "What does one truly do here? I do not know. I suppose ... well. To be honest. I don't know where to begin ... except..."<i></i> He stated painfully enough. He was sore. He was tired of this. This was far from over. <B>"I am sorry. I am sorry for EVERYTHING. I no longer wish to even--" Shade who was always in Shiori's view now phased in. The specter even made himself visible for even Kazuki to see. Sousuke raised an eyebrow at the ghostly entity.

Your social acumen and lack of empathy will always be present. There will be those look past it. There will be those who cannot ignore it. That of course contributes to who you are and in that ... an aspect of a clumsily sort those around you adore you for.<i></i> The Shade spoke for all three to hear. He held up his bladed hand showing a damaged spark. Representative of a human soul it was. Damaged heavily but infused by aspects of shadow. A representation of Sousuke's soul for those who knew how to recognize it, Shade had no doubt Shiori or Kazuki would recognize it from its luster and glow. Sousuke blinked. He had never seen such a shape or form before. To him souls were a foreign language. Perhaps due to the damage his soul had taken prior to his birth he would never truly understand the language of it. You cannot expect him to ever have those characteristics of empathy and social grace. Sousuke's soul will never be delicious according to your standards due to damage before his birth. You are a fool if you cannot see this. It is as plain as day.<i></i> Shade spoke to Shiori alone. Kazuki would be given a mental condensed explanation that Shade was part of an Ancient. He was more importantly the spirit of the Black Blade that rested against the wall. Kazuki was further informed of the hatred Shiori had for him. Again Shade spoke directly to Shiori and Kazuki. Sousuke wouldn't know a soul even if he was at a buffet of them. He is a man of material. Not a man of the spirit. That being said. I think you can look past this defect. There are things I keep away from Sousuke because I did not wish to completely destroy him. Shiori you've done a very good job of that. I know the truth of it. You hate him deeply, and now you've shown your true intentions? There was a time you loved him ... although I truly wonder though if you do love him, or was it momentary fondness? Yet .. and yet I wonder... when ever has love truly existed between elder beings and mortals?A fanciful fairy tale.<i></i> Shade paused. I could reveal to him that you poisoned him, and kissed him affectionately as you broke his mind.<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I am not sure if your son is truly deceased. It is the most likely outcome. I did stay with him and he did indeed help me when I needed it." Sousuke replied. Shiori's eyes bore into him. Makeinu helped HIM. She was angry, angry at his selfishness. It always turned back to himself. It always went back to how it effected HIM. Sorry, I think the kid is dead. However, on a lighter note I enjoyed the fact that he did stuff when I needed him to.</I><i></i> Shiori would have slapped him but sadly the threads of fate seemed to be written by a quartet and the time had passed even in terms of string theory for such an incident so we will leave it at a steely stare.

"I could give a damn less what the decree was, or wasn't. I'm a Takahashi, by blood, and I'll fuck who I want to." Sousuke's 'cousin' announced.

I could care less," Shiori agreed. Where men put their man things was really their gross problem.

"Remember the conversation we had the other night? ...At some point, I said 'What makes this Mother Suna's words so special any way? Look at how huge the world is... Are we really going to limit ourselves to the law of one entity we can't even prove exists? Furthermore, one that even in theory, only has domain over Wind Country.' right?"</B><i></i> What did he mean 'could not prove she existed. She was active and alive a mere few centuries ago as was every Ancient, she had never heard of anyone contesting that she ever existed.

"What do you mean?" She asked incredulously. "I was HERE, obvious and know only a few centuries ago." It hurt, not in a metaphorical way strangely enough, the power of faith might not be a thing for just religions. Every day even she could learn a thing or two about what makes an Ancient so. She resigned herself to silence as the sermon continued.

"It's been the ingenuity of you and your men keeping things together. Not some lady in the wind. That being said, are you satisfied with our destiny being set in stone as serfs and nothing else? ...It's too fuckin' obvious that you're not satisfied with that, or you wouldn't be blaming her for actions you chose to take. Free will."

There was that damnable word. The one thing that truly divided Ancients in humans in her mind, the burden of nature that seemed to have been removed from humanity. The fact that they could be whatever they choose to be with enough time, effort and focus.

"This language we speak, it's really not that old... Not even that original... The words we used are constructed from older words, many of them with more precise meanings. Religion for example, comes from the word Religare. The meaning of Religare is to to tie back, to bind, to hold back, or to thwart from forward progress... Men decide their own destiny through their actions, but blame something else every time. This happens in every nation on every continent. They're cowards and would rather put the responsibility on somethin' they can't prove, absolving themselves. Shiori... Suna... Has already made it painfully clear that she gave no such command, so come off it. Countless years have passed, and information gets bent over even in modern times when traversing but a few feet between loose lips. How can you be sure it wasn't the Sunahoshi or our own ancestors that fabricated the tale of benevolence? Take a good look at this woman and you can see she's not interested in being worshiped or ruling over anyone. If men will only do what is commanded of them, how are they any different from cattle? ...Sousuke, you're acting like a baby right now. I understand you're not used to emotions, but you don't have the privilege of breaking down. Not if you want to keep this village together... Takahashi Shiori... Suna the Ancient, Takahashi Suna... What's the fuckin' difference? ...She cares about you, and at the same time she's hurtin'. More often than not, people try to share their pain with the source of that pain by trying to hurt them as much as they themselves have been hurt... You might not be capable of picking up on personal subtleties, but I'm more than capable of it and I'm telling you what you need to hear even if she's incapable of it."<i></i>

Like a Saturday morning special full of friendship and warmth. While Sousuke might be a genius in terms of machines, he was a social retard. It would seem that Jin'ichi possessed the other half of his brain. It would be a wonder to know if he was a mechanical retard who with directions could not screw a light bulb in straight. Things seemed to occur in an ebb and flow as an unmovable object met an unstoppable force. The quarreling and the unyielding wrath that boiled over. "No. You wouldn't. Your losses are numerous. I am unsure how one goes about repairing that amount of loss. Cattle is precious in the concept though that cattle in time used to sustain oneself through consuming their flesh and innards. I suppose there is a more nefarious purpose in ultimately being the Prime Designate in the Ancient with destroying those two, or being instrumental to it. There is the alternate is being the host to the cattle and harnessing them over time."

"Did you just suggest that I should eat people," being that it was her term for humans. she asked incredulously. "Or that I..." she stopped herself from saying do what I was doing this whole time... mostly... sometimes... She let out a huff of aspiration. "You are really a dolt," she concluded. She did not know if she should laugh, cry or fly off on her broomstick in a rage. She had learned something interesting of course. The existence of another Sunahoshi heir. A cursed clan even to this day, likely her most effective limitation to their power which had somehow become revered. Nobody seemed to question why she would do 'good' for someone who destroyed her people and way of life. Nobody questioned why she gave the Sunahoshi the powerset she had, over the dunes and the desert. An awesome power better wielded by a Sunaku or a ninjutsuist but rather she placed it at the feet of a taijutsu master. That this paragon of human potential with a sword would be burdened with the designation of caretaker of the desert and the wilds. She would kill him. Kill his kin. Kill anyone who might one day reveal themselves to be the prodigal heir. She could see the look in Sousuke's eyes, she knew it well. He hated her.

"Oh. ...Could you not ask questions about me, to someone else while I'm standin' here? That's some disrespectful shit. ...If I look anythin' like your kid, call it coincidence. From what I've heard, he had white hair and red eyes... As you can see, I don't have either."

"Red eyes?" Shiori repeated, coming to an abrupt stop in whatever conversation or debate she was having with Sousuke at the present time. "The boy was dull, barely an echo... hardly a shade," Shiori replied. "He was sick and he needed help," she added matter of factly. Sousuke was supposed to help him... Who said his eyes were red?" She queried, her eyes again skimming over the Takahashi.

"I'm more than happy to help you investigate Makeinu's disappearance. I'll be waiting outside for a minute if you're interested. I think you'll find it more productive than... This."<i></i>

Helpful strangers offering to simply take on an assignment just because. That was uncommon. "Then I will have to ask you, <I>how you are a Takahashi. I have known Sousuke his entire life, not once have I seen you before." She did not trust him. "I have no particular dislike for you," she commented simply. "But assuming the truth because it was heard would be... illogical." Shiori explained using a language that seemed almost hereditary to the clan at this point.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Kazuki declared, his fist broke through a wooden effigy of an unknown man. Despite her long existence, she had never left Wind Country. Bits of wood rained down about the Senju only to be displaced by the squall. His eyes bad become blood-red but it was noticeable still in the ever dimming ambiance.

"Do you think you know suffering? Do you know what is to kill your own father because he has gone mad? Well I do. Do you know what that does to a seventeen year old boy? I do and that day still haunts. Do you know the feeling of losing an entire village to your enemy? I do, I lost Konohagakure. Despite all my power, regardless of all those beings at my command, I was powerless to stop the invasion of my home. The only thing we could do was flee and hope to fight another day. Yes, Sunagakure was attacked, destroyed even, but it still stands. It is still here, it is controlled by you, not the Cabal. Do you know the feeling of living in a constant struggle? Everyday fighting this constant hunger for power? A desire you cannot ignore nor ever sate? I do, and very well so. I struggle with this hunger every single day and I will do so until the day of my death. You cannot fathom how this corrodes my spirit, to have to act based on my hunger, but be forced to delay its sating else I would be forced to commit crimes. Do you? Don't come saying you know suffering well and no one else can hope to understand it as you.".

"No. I cannot say I know suffering that well. This is all just ... a very meaningless waste of energy and intentions. Our minds and efforts have better things to be put to use." Sousuke replied. Shiori, on the other hand, was awfully familiar with this tale of woe. She did not kill those she loved but she watched them and all that once was mundane become extinct. She knew what it was like to watch her world burn away. Wind Country was more than a home to the Ancients, it was literally the stone that made her bones and the sand that made her blood and while not the same, similar could be said of all of her brethren. The worst part was not the loss but the humiliation of their defeat by them. So soft, small and tan. So unactualized, but there was something latent with them that they could not see then. This vestigsal power that she both admired and hated humanity for. She was burdened by her Ancient nature, but what limit did humanity have that was not self-imposed? She wanted to intervene. She would have died if that would have been the consequence. She could not, it was not a question of desire for her but rather ability to do so in the most literal of sense. Part of her believed that she could have prevented Primus' brazen display and changed the outcome of the battle to their favor. The worst part of all was the cosmic joke that life decided to play, humanity and society at large misconstrued her neutral stance as quiet support for humans or as a 'trial' for the survival of the fittest. Distorted and exaggerated, history remembered her fondly as a neutral arbitrator but the same could not be said of her own kind -- some saw her as a titular head if they subscribed to the old ways, others as a pariah as they harbored animosity for her non-interference. Now that she looked back at the actions and inactions that wrought such consequences she concluded that she could have intervened if she was willing to commit the taboo, if she would eat the heart. If she only recognized the threat.

"We are all hungry," Shiori commented. She was not looking to gain but rather to regain her powers. Due to this new found sentimental nature she was literally starved , refusing herself the élan vital she stored for her ailing son. Clandestine affections humanity has earned, but begrudgingly now. She did not want to eat them, unlike her brother whose hunger would likely only grow.

"Newsflash ladies and gentlemen. We are at war. There is a threat, from outer space, coming to kill us all. The ninja world faces extinction.Sunagakure has just been attacked. Darkness grows outsides our walls as our enemies prepare to attack us yet again. Do you think the Cabal's attack was an isolated act of aggression? Think again. No, that was a mere prelude to a much bigger threat. We are not, humans and Ancients are not safe at all right now. And until we tackle the bigger issue here, we cannot rest nor allow any division among our ranks. Think straight for a second. Our infighting will only help our foes and speedup our mutual downfall. We will all lose if this path is further pursued and nothing can be gained from it. Think." Kazuki was talking to them as if he was a general making a pre-battle speech. He was not wrong, in fact the divisions between them was only going to worsen the the precarious situation that was Sunagakure. They were rebuilding after a terrible devastation that could happen again. They did not know that the true employer had already raised an army. That those years they were in this rabbit hole that he was only growing in power, a cancerous enemy that you did not realize you had until it was too late.

"You are not wrong, Lord Senju," Shiori replied. He had earned her dithering respect. Perhaps because his life sucked just enough that he had a hope to understand. Perhaps because he wanted to save a land that was not his because he too desperately wanted a 'home,' much like she wanted a family even if it was not her own. This did not change the resentment she had for the Kazekage, a man until recently she held above all. A man until recently she would have done anything for. That was the problem with love one could say -- there is indeed a fine line between love and hate. It was not hate, it never was. It was fear, fear that Sousuke this day only reinforced. She was offended and hurt when she saw the tool he made of her brother. She was scared when she considered the possibility that he could do the same to her. His assurances otherwise mean nothing when he says in the next breath that he is not wrong in the things that he does. When he does not show hesitation, remorse or regret. Things that if told you need to display would only be feigned. "You're safe," she promised. Not burdened to her word, unlike her brother she was still a woman to keep it for the most part.

"I'm only here to kill my father any way, you see... He's gone mad... I've lost everything of worth before I was even born, to our universally shared enemies... Every single day of my life has been a struggle and filled with uncertainty... And still... I overflow with an insatiable hunger that gnaws away at anything I could call I soul. The funny thing about all that is, there are still countless people in this world who have suffered a billion times more than either you or me." The new-Takahashi announced, baring his fangs like a beast. "No, this isn't a Takahashi matter after all. It's a matter of inflated egos. I suggest you three get your shit together before the next wave of enemies comes knockin' at our door. If you can't put aside your wounded egos in order to protect everyone else, then you might as well join the Cabal yourselves." Takahashi stated upon departure as he rounded the Senju Lord without intervention by the Ancient.

True it was a mark of pride at this point. Who was hurt more. Who deserved more. Who was capable of hating more. But if nothing else, Suna was an arrogant bitch.

"Both of you are right." Sousuke conceded, likely in response to Jin'ichi and Kazuki as an immeasurable rift had likely been forged between herself and the Steward with words that could not be taken back. Could not be forgotten. "What does one truly do here? I do not know. I suppose ... well. To be honest. I don't know where to begin ... except... I am sorry. I am sorry for EVERYTHING. I no longer wish to even--"<i></i> Sousuke started, but the blade. That false speaker.

Your social acumen and lack of empathy will always be present. There will be those look past it. There will be those who cannot ignore it. That of course contributes to who you are and in that ... an aspect of a clumsily sort those around you adore you for.

You cannot expect him to ever have those characteristics of empathy and social grace. Sousuke's soul will never be delicious according to your standards due to damage before his birth. You are a fool if you cannot see this. It is as plain as day.

"You lie, false speaker." Shiori defied. "I know well what you are not. A blade forged in the Flame Courts of Homura, an early... one of the earliest Journeyman pieces."<i></i> She identified the blade for what it was, the strange notion was who or rather how Mikaboshi was sealed. "The Shadow Court Lord remained out of Godsfall of his own volition, once an ally of humanity... as much as our kind could be." She did not need to say it, but obviously he was betrayed and left to fester for generations within the narrow confines of the Black Blade. She assumed that it was the early Takahashi that had committed this offense, but in and of that she would be wrong. It was in fact the Sunahoshi that betrayed Mikaboshi and sealed him away so as to prevent the possibility of the Lord's treachery. "In fact, it would seem cruel... but come to think of it, the Black Blade might have even been Mikaboshi's personal blade." There were a great many things that the Shade was not, among them was the man Mikaboshi himself, not even a shade. "I do not know what you are, but you are not Mikaboshi's friend and while it may seem coy of me to say... I truly doubt anything bound to a weapon is Sousuke's friend either."

Sousuke wouldn't know a soul even if he was at a buffet of them. He is a man of material. Not a man of the spirit. That being said. I think you can look past this defect. There are things I keep away from Sousuke because I did not wish to completely destroy him. Shiori you've done a very good job of that. I know the truth of it. You hate him deeply, and now you've shown your true intentions? There was a time you loved him ... although I truly wonder though if you do love him, or was it momentary fondness? Yet .. and yet I wonder... when ever has love truly existed between elder beings and mortals?A fanciful fairy tale. Shade paused. I could reveal to him that you poisoned him, and kissed him affectionately as you broke his mind.

If the Blade's words were in silence or otherwise, Shiori would respond to the Black Blade in the same way. "Do not threaten me. I do not care what secrets you share because I have none that I would not readily share." She replied arrogantly. She lied or perhaps it was an absence of thought that she did not remember all of her secrets and the ones that she kept even from herself. The ones that she would kill to keep silent. A kiss was not a secret worth killing over. In fact, I will save you the time. Sousuke, your Blade is a liar through willful omission. It has known who... or rather what I was for some time. This"<i></i> she held her long pale fingernail to the underside of her arm and cut. <B>"Was not a dream." It was a truth he already knew somewhere in his heart. he knew it because he saw the blood again and again. It painted her hospital beds and he chose to ignore it. It was splattered over the walls and the floor of the basement she was held captive in. Yet still, he too denied her of her identity because he did not want to deal with it. He knew what she was. He knew who she was. The Black Blade was a facilitator, but the Steward was a willing accomplice.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back