Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Burn Out

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jin’ichi continued his retort. First he practically dismissed the existence of Mother Suna and he then went on explaining that Sunan’s language was not very old at all. That was quickly followed by his declaration that men had been given free reigns over their own destiny. Eventually the youngest Takahashi left the room, but not before a curious revelation came to broad daylight. Jin’ichi had joined Sand just so he could find and kill his father. That was interesting on itself, but Kazuki also learned a few more facts. Jin’ichi liked to act like a fool, but a fool he was not, not by a long shot. Behind that hazy expression, a brilliant mind rested and their conversation showed precisely that. Two Takashashis and one Senju remained in the room, but they were not done yet. Fortunately, the Overlord’s outburst achieved a reasonable success. The infighting between cousins stopped, even if the bad blood was as intense as ever.

It was then that things took an even twisted turn. From inside Sousuke’s sword, came forth a spirit, a shadowy entity that was, seemingly, visible to everyone in the room. The White Wolf recognized what it was and where it had come from. This Shade offered them an explanation of why the Steward was like what he was, even showing them a representation of a badly damage soul. Because that spectral glow, albeit faint, as easily recognized as such by the Silvery Haired Man. It was hard not to, since he had delved with such things for so long now. Shade then stated to the former Sennin that it was an Ancient that had been sealed inside the Black Blade. Shiori, on the other hand, outright called him a liar and then she shared some more of Suna’s Ancient History. Kazuki had learned more about his new home, throughout this conversation than in recent weeks of study. It was quite curious. The name Mikaboshi was spoken and although he knew said had great significance, he could not point out why. Albeit, an Ancient he probably was.

Sousuke were you aware that your blade has a spirit sealed inside? I use the word spirit quite freely since until I can further study it, I cannot be certain what it truly is.” the Overlord of the Senju Clan noted as he eyed the Steward under a different light. It changed everything. To know that the Takahashi was a Tsukomogami was very interesting. “Suna is right on thing though. There are spirits and there are spirits. Until we known which is which, you shouldn’t trust him so readily. In fact, it is clear he knows a great deal about you, can you safely say the same?” the Silvery Haired Man inquired. He could not say otherwise, but there was something that he felt hard to believe in. If Shade was an Ancient, why was he sealed inside a blade that could be used against Ancients? Why was he even helping Sousuke sealing other Ancients, assuming Mikaboshi had been sealed inside the sword. “Tell me spirit. How were you sealed inside the blade? What is your connection with the Steward Kazekage? Why should I trust you? She is calling you a liar. Can you refute that statement? Also if his soul is broken, I can probably mend it. However, unless I know what has damaged it, attempting to repair it might not be worth the trouble. Or even worse, I may further the damage.” the White Wolf noted. By then, Kazuki was near both Sousuke, Shiori and this Shade thing. His eyes had also returned into their normal coloration which was a clear indication his emotions had returned to normal.

"I do wonder why you decided to help them" the White Wolf noted as he pointed to the Steward "Over your own kind. Why did you make that call back then? What made you choose the so called First Men over the Ancients? You made a conscious choice back then, do you regret it now? I have the feeling you do or am I wrong?" the Silvery Haired Man questioned Mother Suna.

[MFT - 687]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shiori's comment and accusation of him being a dolt caused Sousuke to shake his head in disagreement. "You did just mention Ancients need a large host of souls in order to maintain power. If you were aware of the religion you could have exploited the followers into giving them their souls but you would have worded it differently ... be it a form of ascension of some religious rhetoric. It is not that hard to twist and bleed concepts into a more nefarious purpose. It really is not hard to put this together. Time, I think, is something on you side."<i></i> He explained. Perhaps in another life Sousuke would have made a very good criminally insane minded individual. "It would not surprise me that there is some church out there that is already being operated in some manner like this."<i></i> Sousuke sighed, "My head is not block shaped. I have also have been told I am not that dull."<i></i> He spoke with a downward cast expression. Shiori always had a habit of insulting him. First he was a dork. Then he was a dork again. He was not the male genitals of a whale. Now apparently he was a dolt. Sousuke rubbed his temple. "You are hungry most of all, I would suspect."<i></i> How does one feed an ancient? "When that woman sacrificed her life for you when you were dying ... did that ... help any?"<i></i> He was searching for the correct word to use. It was indeed difficult.

"No."<i></i> Sousuke spoke again, "We are not safe. We're exposed more than ever with the surface world, and all sorts of little warlords or warladies have come crawling out of their own hibernation. Things are moving again out in Wind Country, and I am not in a position to save Wind Country as per the wishes and desires of the heir. Shouki alone demonstrated how unsafe we are. It is very difficult to go crusading from boarder to boarder defeating these contenders and still re-build Sungakure. My forces and resources are split in half."<i></i> Sousuke eyed the ceiling once more, "A detained Cabal member owns a tome, which I believe is the sword of Primus, but it has taken a form because it wants to. Even that infernal object is not safe to use due to the fact it wants the wielder to be where it want them to be. The artifact in question is sentient, and has its own agenda. Given the revelation of your truest nature, neither you or Mikaboshi are safe given that it is what allowed Homura and Fuujin to be erased. That alone is further evidences my point. "<i></i> Sousuke's expression seemed to sour. "You are the first two to know this knowledge. I learned it from another Cabal member who is a scribe. She may very well be recording us right now. She frustrates me as I am aware that her ability to record everything is a necessary evil. Believe it or not, I want that weapon removed from existence. It is upsetting in the extreme, mainly because even I have no idea how to destroy it, and I want -nothing- to do with it, at -all-."<i></i> For a flickering moment it seemed as if Sosuke was shouting or about to truly demonstrate anger, but it was reigned in. Shiori then proceeded to cut herself open to reveal once again the bleeding sand. Sousuke closed his eyes and winced. Yes. There it was again. "Yes. I see it. I see it. Why? Why would you ever want to affiliate with me? Of all people? I am merely a simple human, I am the son of a Steward and a Masashi. I do not have anything of true interest in my heritage except for years of service to an dynasty you despise and wish to murder. Why wouldn't you align yourself with house Toraono, Kuro is far more ... resourceful than I am. The house in nature is demonic, and thus ... well ... more resourceful"<i></i> A natural question to be asked.

Kazuki asked Sousuke a series of question, "Yes."<i></i> He answered simply, "Shade allows me to amplify my abilities, and at times he is capable of manifesting in this world in certain forms."<i></i> The second question caused Sousuke to pause for a moment, he seemed to be thinking his answer over.

As per usual Shiori called Shade a liar. The entity did not move or anything, he merely remained. The first question was not answered. Shade himself seemed to have difficulty recollecting that particular event. I am the Steward's secret keeper, I have kept him safe physically, emotionally, and mentally. The decision to trust me is yours entirely, but she has always called me a liar. Can I refute her claims? I could, but that is already pointless seeing as how she will simply call me liar again and again, and we will be at this all day. Since the very first time we've met she tried to destroy me as I have merged with Sousuke to deal with threats of varying degrees.<i></i> Shade directly answered Kazuki but allowed Shiori to hear said answer, The damage to his soul was prior to his birth when he was but in the womb. His mother was a demon hunter, and fought a nemesis who tried possessing her unborn son. In order to remove said demon, both parties but have a will of their own, but free will is not developed in the womb now is it. Awareness is limited, and so the damage was done. His soul has always been fragmented, but he has never truly been aware of it.<i></i> Sousuke gave Kazuki strange look, indeed this was news to him, and for the longest time since his birth he had been kept unaware of this. Lady Azame, Kuro's mother infused her dead stillborn's soul with the fragments left of Sousuke's soul to allow him to be born properly.. but how dormant those aspects are or if that soul has its own characteristics and agenda is something that ... I do not wish to explore. It does make me wonder... about the truer purpose of clan Toraono's actions.<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You did just mention Ancients need a large host of souls in order to maintain power. If you were aware of the religion you could have exploited the followers into giving them their souls but you would have worded it differently ... be it a form of ascension of some religious rhetoric. It is not that hard to twist and bleed concepts into a more nefarious purpose. It really is not hard to put this together. Time, I think, is something on you side."

"Because I have standards." She replied bluntly. She was not going to become a false god to ensure a meal ticket. She was not going to eat those pedestrian souls. "...and your are correct Steward,</B><i></i> time is on my side." If it took a century to recover still, so be it. She had already suffered through a third of a human life cycle in recovery doing such. What is another few decades to an eternal eldritch entity? "Unlike you, I have no desire to become powerful at the expense of others Steward," she was of course referring to the Black Blade and the Ancient powers he was siphoning away for himself. He was a glutton for power and it offended her.

"It would not surprise me that there is some church out there that is already being operated in some manner like this."

"But there is not, but you do not need to take my word." Shiori's lips peeled back to reveal a cruel smile. "Just look at me. I am barely a proficient human, a cripple for the last two decades. If I had a congregation of sacrifices, I would not appear in this dull, listless form that still is capable of containing my glory." She was referring to her present form of course, it was the form of the woman she ate. Younger of course, youth was merely a state and irrelevant in her cycle but it did feed into her vanity and of course served other purposes as well. Her previous also mentioned. She was a blindwoman that grew to look 'just like her mother.' Not similar, but rather identical. He barely seemed to notice the drastic change in her physique. The fact that suddenly a blind woman could see. "Three souls in almost thirty years I did eat," she admitted. She had taken a great deal more, but none were for her personal consumption. In small jars each of them, hidden in her pocket now. They had a dull luster, pale and sad as they belonged to terrible, lowly and horrid men but they would make a meal to heal her son. Her son that was now gone. Her idle hope that she could stop being alone.

"You are hungry most of all, I would suspect."

She was ravenous. It was through sheer force of will that she had never harmed him all these years. It was her sentiment for him and her desperate desire for his praise that she had not eaten his friends or more of his family. "I am fine," she lied, too proud to say otherwise.

"When that woman sacrificed her life for you when you were dying ... did that ... help any?"

Shiori furrowed her brow. "I died and cycled, took her form... her younger form," she replied with an incredulous tone as if it should have been obvious. She had no choice in the matter then, just as she had no choice in killing those Takahashi's years ago. It was madness and instinct. "Why do you think I asked you to avoid my blood?" She would let him fill in the blanks. She thought she was going to die again.

"No... We are not safe. We're exposed more than ever with the surface world, and all sorts of little warlords or warladies have come crawling out of their own hibernation. Things are moving again out in Wind Country, and I am not in a position to save Wind Country as per the wishes and desires of the heir. Shouki alone demonstrated how unsafe we are. It is very difficult to go crusading from boarder to boarder defeating these contenders and still re-build Sungakure. My forces and resources are split in half. A detained Cabal member owns a tome, which I believe is the sword of Primus, but it has taken a form because it wants to. Even that infernal object is not safe to use due to the fact it wants the wielder to be where it want them to be. The artifact in question is sentient, and has its own agenda. Given the revelation of your truest nature, neither you or Mikaboshi are safe given that it is what allowed Homura and Fuujin to be erased. That alone is further evidences my point. You are the first two to know this knowledge. I learned it from another Cabal member who is a scribe. She may very well be recording us right now. She frustrates me as I am aware that her ability to record everything is a necessary evil. Believe it or not, I want that weapon removed from existence. It is upsetting in the extreme, mainly because even I have no idea how to destroy it, and I want -nothing- to do with it, at -all-."<i></i>

Sousuke was incorrect. The book was sanban, the weapon had not yet revealed itself but surely one day it would. One day it will be the end of the time of man and a creature who would likely one day also be remembered as a 'hero.'

Red earth fell to the ground in a growing puddle. It hurt like it would hurt anyone to bloodlet. "Yes. I see it. I see it. Why? Why would you ever want to affiliate with me? Of all people? I am merely a simple human, I am the son of a Steward and a Masashi. I do not have anything of true interest in my heritage except for years of service to an dynasty you despise and wish to murder. Why wouldn't you align yourself with house Toraono, Kuro is far more ... resourceful than I am. The house in nature is demonic, and thus ... well ... more resourceful"

The only thing worse than a human was a demon. Shiori frowned and shook her head. "Sentiment," she simply replied. He already knew how she felt about it all these years, she never tried to hide it. She was willing to let herself cycle from this generation to remain a positive memory. She was willing to remain on the verge of starvation. She was willing to demean herself in this human form. He rejected her time and time again, love was not something he was capable of experiencing or sharing, at least with her. That was not why she hated him now, she would be a jealous woman if she knew about Yume but thankfully for her she did not. She feared him. His lack of love was one thing, but it was also a weakness for her knowing what he was capable of. What he was willing to do because it benefited him. The rose colored glasses shattered, she saw him for what he was. It seemed less gallant. He seemed less kind. He seemed cruel. Surely he wanted to hear it again, to fill his hubris but she was not going to say it again.

“Sousuke were you aware that your blade has a spirit sealed inside? I use the word spirit quite freely since until I can further study it, I cannot be certain what it truly is.”

Journeymen were capable of sealing spirits away in their weapons, it was a forging technique that was passed down to the slaves of Homura's Flame Court as the laborers took to forging his many weapons. What was in the sword, on the other hand, was a complete and utter mystery. Some Journeymen sealed their ancestors into their blades in hopes of prolonging their existence so that they could continue to be of service to their family. It was a terrible and a cruel fate that few would choose willingly, most humans held onto the hope of a wonderful afterlife. If it was in the time of the Ancients, and this blade was, then this state would have been forced upon the human to enhance the strength of the weapon. A former gladiator that had done well in the arena perhaps in the last portion of their life. Sometimes criminals and perverts. Sometimes, but rarely other Ancients as it provided an near eternal prison for them and prevented them from cycling. "Yes. Shade allows me to amplify my abilities, and at times he is capable of manifesting in this world in certain forms." <i></i> Sousuke replied.

“Suna is right on thing though. There are spirits and there are spirits. Until we known which is which, you shouldn’t trust him so readily. In fact, it is clear he knows a great deal about you, can you safely say the same?” The Senju warned. What concerned her was not only the lies he said. He claimed to be Mikaboshi before she had discovered that he, the Shadow Court Lord, was very much mobile and serving as a village Sennin. Then he was just referred to as the 'shade' but even shadows have sources. Sousuke was a foolish, sentimental man despite his alleged lack of a soul. His mirror beheld a monster. His household filled with strange creatures and strangers he would call his kin on first meeting. Even this Senju was offered the prospect of her hand on what she would only assume to be their first meeting. "He is swift to trust without real reason," she sighed.

“Tell me spirit. How were you sealed inside the blade? What is your connection with the Steward Kazekage? Why should I trust you? She is calling you a liar. Can you refute that statement? Also if his soul is broken, I can probably mend it. However, unless I know what has damaged it, attempting to repair it might not be worth the trouble. Or even worse, I may further the damage.”

I am the Steward's secret keeper, I have kept him safe physically, emotionally, and mentally. The decision to trust me is yours entirely, but she has always called me a liar. Can I refute her claims? I could, but that is already pointless seeing as how she will simply call me liar again and again, and we will be at this all day. Since the very first time we've met she tried to destroy me as I have merged with Sousuke to deal with threats of varying degrees. The Shade explained. It was pointless to try to debate the weapon as it avoided most of the questions asked.

"Not warning him about me... I feel that even a stranger with the Steward's best interests would have told him the truth," she countered as she nodded towards the Senju. She did not know if he would have revealed her identity or if he would have even cared - one response would be to serve the Kazekage and the other to serve himself. "Or the fact that Mikaboshi was imprisoned by a Cabal sympathizer," she added if the Shade did in fact share a link with the Sennin in some form. "Yes, you are the Steward's secret keeper, but not from others but from the Steward himself."

The damage to his soul was prior to his birth when he was but in the womb. His mother was a demon hunter, and fought a nemesis who tried possessing her unborn son. In order to remove said demon, both parties but have a will of their own, but free will is not developed in the womb now is it. Awareness is limited, and so the damage was done. His soul has always been fragmented, but he has never truly been aware of it.

"That makes no sense," Shiori accused.

"Lady Azame, Kuro's mother infused her dead stillborn's soul with the fragments left of Sousuke's soul to allow him to be born properly.. but how dormant those aspects are or if that soul has its own characteristics and agenda is something that ... I do not wish to explore. It does make me wonder... about the truer purpose of clan Toraono's actions."

That would make Sousuke... an Abomination. Shiori eyed the Steward, not saying a word. A soul is a soul, if a patchwork quilt or a fine piece of china. What is and would could have been are always points of contention. It did, however, explain his cruel nature.

Onto lighter subjects? No...

"I do wonder why you decided to help them... Over your own kind. Why did you make that call back then? What made you choose the so called First Men over the Ancients? You made a conscious choice back then, do you regret it now? I have the feeling you do or am I wrong?"

She did not have a choice then. "The desert is the penultimate neutral arbitrator. The desert does not pick sides... It has no favorites... Or at least ones that they can act on. In the end it was survival of the fittest," Shiori replied, disgust laced her words. "Ancients are bound to their nature, we may have choices to make as we live our lives but we are confined to certain, abstract limits. Mine would be who wrestled control over this cradle of existence." It was an archaic term she used, a word her people used to call Wind Country. She was born from these sands, just as Fuujin was born of the sky, Homura of the flame under the earth, Mikaboshi of the shadows, Orochi the act of the hunt, and so very many more. She never understood how or why they existed, only that one day they came to be. The genesis of humanity was similar except they did not come from the earth, the sky or the sea but rather from over the great waters that separated Wind Country and she did not know what they were made of. Their flesh and bone... Strange. Their souls, delicious in comparison to the beasts of Wind. So weak and soft, they made fine servants, slaves, food and entertainment. There was a loophole. Or at least she thought there might have been. One Ancient who did the impossible by committing the ultimate taboo. She could do the same, have her freedom but it would come with a terrible price if history served as a lesson. <B>"It is hard to regret what you had no control over. In hindsight, there was always another option... that I regret."<i></i>

It was honest but it was a terrible thing to say. Today was a day that a great many things were said that could not be taken back. Today is the day that lives would shatter.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kazuki's questions had been answered but the answers were less than satisfying. The Overlord was still not sure what Shade truly was and for as long as Shiori was in the same room as it, no true answer could be obtained. She was just going to rebuke every word from it, the same as it would do to Mother Suna. That was crystal clear. But something else became, or was on the process of, very apparent for the White Wolf. "Did any Ancient ever try to leave Wind Country? Can you actually do that?" he questioned Shiori. One could think is inquiry was motivated by nothing but sheer curiosity, but the Silvery Haired Man had an ulterior motive for it. Yes, he was curious to know more about the Ancients. It was part of his nature to be inquisitive about things, but the main reason he sought an answer to such question was quite simple. The former Sennin hunted souls, just like an Ancient does. And Kazuki was the only doing so in his clan. That was one striking similarity that could not overlooked. If they were capable of leaving the Wind Country, it could be possible that along his ancestors, the White Wolf had an ancient which would explain the after effect of his joining. But if so, was he turning into an Ancient himself? The Silvery Haired Man had no idea if he should dread the thought or be thrilled by it.

"Yes, maybe Sousuke is a little naive on readily trusting anybody, but maybe you are to unforgiving on trusting anyone but yourself. There are positive and negative aspects to each. But we are human, we make mistakes, sometimes we live to regret them, sometimes we don't. We don't have the luxury of time on our side to endlessly ponder about each and every possibility that crosses our paths. Sometimes we have to make decisions on the go. If he wasn't so ready to trust a stranger, such as me, I would not be here today. And if I were not here today, perhaps one of you could have been killed. And that, ladies and gentleman, would only hasten Sunagakure's defeat. Whether you like or not, both of you are needed to ensure the survival of the Hidden Sand Village." the Silvery Haired Man noted as he eyed both Takahashis. He was ignoring Shade for now as he had no use for it. "Yes, there is bad blood between Ancients and Humans. Yes, there is bad blood between you both. Yes, things happened in the past that led to it, but bad things will also happen in the future. We walk on a endless cycle of hatred that will only lead to it. We can try to break it but it won't painless, bloodless or easy. Are you up to the task? Do you even want to? Mother Suna, whether you like it or not, you have been adopted into the Takahashi household. For the time being, you may not wish to return, ergo, I offer you a place among the Senju. You can stay there for a while until you cool down. And no, this is not a naive proposal. I don't trust you, but I am willing to give you a chance to show me I can do so. It is your call."

An offer had been placed on the table to Suna, now it was Sousuke's time, though it was more of a request. "Steward I am requesting you to allow me to study Shade. I don't need to borrow your sword, I can study it in your presence. In fact, once you are healed I want to schedule up a meeting with you, there are things I would like to discuss. But today is not the proper time for that." and there it was. It was not a simple request he was afraid, but one that had be put on the table. Kazuki certainly had more experience with those things than the Steward.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Three souls? Thirty years. Sousuke was silent for a time as he was putting the numbers together, it was not a mathematical equation. It was not a logic matter. It was a matter of reliazation, Shiori while a Takahashi had been orphaned at a younger time in line. Her adopted mother and father while not the kindest had mysteriously died. His father had tried for a long time to unravel that mystery. "..."<i></i> He paused, "You murdered your foster parents."<i></i> He concluded finally. He never really knew his uncle or aunt, but it was the act of murder, murder in his household. He closed his eyes and exhaled, he rubbed his temple. Sousuke with effort got out of the bed. He was not well. He went to the window to go look out. Here she was an ancient, a religious figure that was fictional entirely. People would lose hope if they learned the truth. "I trust people accordingly, and there are several others I do not trust. You simply have no idea how many people I do not trust."<i></i> He sighed.

Shiori's affront of Shade did not stop. The spirit said nothing. The Truth, Suna, is a very dangerous thing. Like a bomb, if it goes off it will damage things greatly. Some things will not be repaired from the damage Some people need to be protected from themselves.<i></i> Shade warned, We knew of Mikaboshi's imprisonment and release. His release allowed me to pull Sousuke into the realm of a shadow void to avoid being killed by Mangetica.<i></i> Shiori had forced his hand. A truth bomb was about to go off. All secrets revealed. All sins on display. All intentions displayed. I. Warned. You.<i></i> Shade conjured a sphere. The audio of Shiori revealing her plan to revive Homura and Fuujin could be heard, words of endearment that was heard by Sousuke but never truly fully understood. It was Shiori's plan that would break the Steward. The sphere shattered and broke apart. The audio was louder more than ever, and it was being heard by one party that would be changed forever more. The Steward for a moment twitched. He fell on his knees. He trembled.

Shade itself broke apart. The image of the specter shattered, transformed into Judori. The image of Judori was static. He glared at Shiori with hateful eyes. There was something off here. Then image turned into a large black doberman with glowing red eyes, not filled with malice but concern. Another moment it was the image of Shiori except older and armoured in red leathers with a look of confidence. The next moment it was the image of a man with green hair who had a silly smile on his face. The next moment it was an armoured Mikaboshi with silver castings. Then one moment it was Okibi when she had purple hair laughing. Next moment it was the Black Knight. The next moment it was a puppet of Judori's. Then the images of the spectre began to meld. Shiori-Mikaboshi. An armoured-doberman. Then oddly Shouki appeared, except he was dead and impaled by hundreds of blades. That image broke shattered entirely. The image of Judori returned once more a hateful look upon his face, he was shouting something inaudible at Shiori before the image broke apart again. What had happened to Shade?

Sousuke had collapsed wordlessly on the floor now. He seemed unconscious, and strangely there was a single tear leaking from his eye. Shiori's intentions to revive her brother ancients had been realized, as was her love for him. The monstrous black Doberman was back. The red eyes locked onto him. The great black dog called out to him. Come on Sousuke. Get up. You think Okibi would want to see you like this?<i></i> The real Number Seven which was the name of this dog no longer had this form, but this was the form Sousuke remember most fondly of. Sousuke willed the Black Blade to himself. He grunted and with effort he got up.

"You intend to revive Fuujin and Homura."<i></i> He spoke with disgust in his voice. "We are not returning to that time period. You killed my uncle and my aunt."<i></i> He spoke again. He swallowed hard. He hesitated for a moment. "Shade is dead. How I am not sure, but ... if anything I would think you too had killed him in some fashion. I cannot feel his presence anymore."<i></i> There was no trace of Shade left. The black canine however, he left a very different feeling in the room. It was warm and almost brotherly comradery. Sousuke reached out and rubbed the head of the giant canine. He seemed to be recovering. "You will not kill the heir."<i></i> He stated firmly. "I have a very specific set of skills. Harm him, and I will hunt you down and I will kill you. You do not love me, and I do not love you. It is simple. I was wrong, we are indeed enemies."<i></i> He stated firmly. "She is not above resolving age old conflicts. She is an Ancient. Ancients do not concepts easily. Time you will see, Suna, is not on your side. It is on no one's side. I may need to create what should not be created ever again to deal with the Phoenix and yourself. Yes. I am aware of our chosen path. Yes I am aware of forces that will come to crush us. I have work to do. Buildings to structure and plan. I want nothing to do with her. Nothing."<i></i> He did not make any form of eye contact with Suna. "You know where to find me Kazuki if you so want to study my weapon, or if you need to discuss the phoenix force."<i></i>

Sousuke. She is your cousin. Adopted. I think you need to slow down.<i></i> The spirit version of Number Seven spoke. Sousuke said nothing and opened the window. The canine followed him as he jumped out the window.

[Topic left and mft]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Did any Ancient ever try to leave Wind Country? Can you actually do that?"

"Of course,"</B><i></i> Shiori shrugged. "But it would be unwise," she warned. "Ancients are tied to Wind Country intrinsically," the statement purposefully vague because she did not want the information gleaned to be used against her in case these monkies were indeed resourceful. In all of her many years she had never left Wind Country for longer than a few days, flanked by sea, mountains and land the vistas the world afforded were indeed numerous but her appetite became then boundless. "I do not need..." she stopped herself short. She was going to say that she did not need to eat [souls] to live. She did need them, however, to heal and grow. The energies of the desert naturally sustained her and her kind, when she left the boundaries of Wind Country her hunger increased exponentially. She had tried twice, both times she felt as if she was empty on the inside. Her hunger amplified to a plateau she could not ignore. She needed then to eat to live and she needed to eat much. "There is a reason I can sustain from little," she stated as she chose her words carefully. Thrice in three decades, not many could survive such an interlude without a meal. Ancients existed long before they partook in the First Men's souls. Yet sustaining is far from growth and it did not cease the endless craving that her body yearned for even now. It was a testament of her endurance that she had not consumed Sousuke, the orderlies, or the visitors even now. Her body sluggish to heal she was still battered when even a human would have been fully recovered. "Life outside of Wind does not give such allowances," she chose to announce. "My appetite would be exponentially magnified if I were to leave."

"...You murdered your foster parents." Sosuke deduced. He was right, she did kill them both. She ate them in fact, there was nothing left to them when she had her fill. Centuries in the absence of nourishment, her failed resurrection had delayed her cycle to decades. It was over the moment the stood over the red earth. Shiori replied with an unwavering steely gaze.

"I trust people accordingly, and there are several others I do not trust. You simply have no idea how many people I do not trust." Sousuke's response grim.

"Yes, maybe Sousuke is a little naive on readily trusting anybody, but maybe you are to unforgiving on trusting anyone but yourself. There are positive and negative aspects to each. But we are human, we make mistakes, sometimes we live to regret them, sometimes we don't. We don't have the luxury of time on our side to endlessly ponder about each and every possibility that crosses our paths. Sometimes we have to make decisions on the go. If he wasn't so ready to trust a stranger, such as me, I would not be here today. And if I were not here today, perhaps one of you could have been killed. And that, ladies and gentleman, would only hasten Sunagakure's defeat. Whether you like or not, both of you are needed to ensure the survival of the Hidden Sand Village." The silver Sennin reasoned. Time was a commodity still, even for one such as her. Ancients were facing extinction, each and every one of them had found either true death or a fate even worse. Uncycled or trapped, time was passing them by. Not days or even months but decades and centuries in the blink of an eye. She trudged along into eternity alone.

"Yes, there is bad blood between Ancients and Humans. Yes, there is bad blood between you both. Yes, things happened in the past that led to it, but bad things will also happen in the future. We walk on a endless cycle of hatred that will only lead to it. We can try to break it but it won't painless, bloodless or easy. Are you up to the task? Do you even want to? Mother Suna, whether you like it or not, you have been adopted into the Takahashi household. For the time being, you may not wish to return, ergo, I offer you a place among the Senju. You can stay there for a while until you cool down. And no, this is not a naive proposal. I don't trust you, but I am willing to give you a chance to show me I can do so. It is your call."

He did not understand why she was angry. She shook her head. "I. want. my. brother. free." She demanded as she looked at the Senju. "He has the will of my brother tethered to him and I am challenging him for Mikaboshi's release."<i></i> It was ironic really, the woman was willing to die weeks earlier to protect the fragile psyche of the Steward. She thought him kind, naive and foolish. She saw him as brilliant, handsome and hopefully endowed. Then she saw Sousuke subjugate her brother. Not only a grave humiliation for any Ancient to endure but also a great offense. There could have been regret or remorse, a plea to see things from a different light but not with Sousuke. He saw nothing wrong with what he done. He saw their affiliation as a state of being that was good likely because it favored him. He was a selfish and arrogant man, undeserving of love or praise.

"Steward I am requesting you to allow me to study Shade. I don't need to borrow your sword, I can study it in your presence. In fact, once you are healed I want to schedule up a meeting with you, there are things I would like to discuss. But today is not the proper time for that."

"Destroy it." She muttered.

The Truth, Suna, is a very dangerous thing. Like a bomb, if it goes off it will damage things greatly. Some things will not be repaired from the damage Some people need to be protected from themselves. Shade warned, We knew of Mikaboshi's imprisonment and release. His release allowed me to pull Sousuke into the realm of a shadow void to avoid being killed by Mangetica.

The sword rambled and Shiori waved it off. "You realize that the Black Blade was empty when it belonged to a Fire Court Noble. That the Black Blade was empty when it came into the possession of the Shadow Court, because if not. What you are is so dangerous that even we did not feel equipped to contend with it. Truth is not a state of fear. It does not change this reality that we suffer in, it only makes those left in the dark fools." Shiori accused. She did not know what the weapon possessed besides the Shadow Court Lord, only that it did not belong. It never did. It accused her of keeping secrets, which she had many but it kept them all the same despite them not being the Blade's to keep.

I. Warned. You.[.color]

The blade shattered into an array of images. Sousuke fell to the ground in a heap and Shiori looked at the weapon or what might have remained. Her hands ran through an array of seals and a torrent of earth escaped from her hands, using her very essence as the source of the sand. Her intent: to shatter utterly and completely the Black Blade. Success, doubtful as the Kazekage rose. "You intend to revive Fuujin and Homura."<i></i>

"Yes."

"We are not returning to that time period. You killed my uncle and my aunt... Shade is dead. How I am not sure, but ... if anything I would think you too had killed him in some fashion. I cannot feel his presence anymore."<i></i>

"Where did you get a dog!" Shiori replied incredulously. First it was 'Mikaboshi' then the 'Shade' and now a giant doberman. "The Shade is right next to you," Shiori replied with a furrowed brow and an extended finger that pointed at the massive canine. "That would not be there either, you are being tricked," Shiori snapped. Was this concern perhaps for his safety. If so, it was a latent emotion that was buried deep beneath her rage and wrath. She had no desire to unravel the mystery of the Black Blade but she refused to acknowledge a fallacy. She refused to allow herself a handicap against a human enamored by the pleasantries of a weapon.

"You will not kill the heir."

Unbeknownst to either of them, this was a work in progress.

"I have a very specific set of skills. Harm him, and I will hunt you down and I will kill you. You do not love me, and I do not love you. It is simple. I was wrong, we are indeed enemies."

A sneer came over Suna's face. "This is the start and this is only civil protocol. I refuse to take this war to the shadows, that method belongs to another Court. You will face me... no need to hunt. On the battlefield of Godsfall Sousuke. As for love, I can call my emotion whatever I please and much like Mikaboshi... who is to say you will have a choice in the matter." She had composed herself in the wake of Sousuke's declaration of anger. She felt grounded again finally.

"She is not above resolving age old conflicts. She is an Ancient. Ancients do not concepts easily. Time you will see, Suna, is not on your side. It is on no one's side. I may need to create what should not be created ever again to deal with the Phoenix and yourself. Yes. I am aware of our chosen path. Yes I am aware of forces that will come to crush us. I have work to do. Buildings to structure and plan. I want nothing to do with her. Nothing."<i></i>

<B>"Finally, the true man shows himself."

She allowed Sousuke the opportunity to depart. He needed his strength in the days to come. She needed her strength as well.

She also needed the heart.

She needed an army.

"I doubt that invitation remains Senju," she nodded in an almost cordial manner. "War will start before the year's end," she prophecized. in terms of man this was quite some time, but for her it would pass in the blink of an eye. She too would depart if nothing was asked of her. She was going to leave for the wilds, find her brethren. Raise an army.
Attempted Topic Left

WC: 1762

MFT

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And there it was. Shade had been apparently destroyed or replaced by some other entity. A large, black, demonic looking doberman. But contrary to its menacing look, this spirit exuded a calm and friendly aura. Still a spirit is a spirit and neither Shade or Number Seven, and their intentions, were properly known. Kazuki was still wary of Sousuke's sword and, at least, the Steward was willing to allow the Overlord to study it. But Shade's sudden disappearance triggered something that could not go back. The former something showed them what Shiori's plan was. She hoped to resurrect her the greatest Ancients to ever live. What was the after plan was still unknown, but it was not hard to guess. The conquer of Wind Country. And if she was successful, all that stood before them and their prize was Sunagakure. Home of the Sand Ninjas, most still oblivious to the shadowy war occurring. Things were not easy for humanity. Sand was surrounded by enemies and one more had just joined them. Ancients vs Humans. The long, lost war had resurfaced.

"It still does, but suit yourself." the White Wolf answered as she left the room. Sousuke was also gone. There was nothing else there for him. Time to find the Steward again. And then, a meeting with Mother Suna awaited him.

[Topic Left]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Then I will be in touch, Lord Senju." Shiori nodded as waited for the passageway to clear. She was in no hurry, haste would draw greater attention than a calm removal of oneself from this environment. The gauntlet had been thrown and what had transpired on this day could never be taken back. A war was coming, a war even worse than what the Diamyo or the other enemies of Sunagakure could bring. This entire house of cards would soon come crashing down and he would understand. He would hate her still perhaps, but he would understand.

[TOPIC LEFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back