Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Call to Orders (mini-event/onward point)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(OOC: This is going to be a pushing forward mini-event of sorts to reveal some new goodies for ic and to try and get the ball rolling into building things in accordance with the thread mentioned in the url. I'm not going to be overly fussy in terms of posting orders)

A curious structure of stone stood at Project Rebirth. It was an octagon of stone. At each side there was a door way and each door way led to a grand meeting room. At the middle of it was the Steward at a desk, standing. He was surrounded by various groupings. Masked anbu. Mednin. Nobles of the court. The Steward stood pouring over various books. Nobles were what built up part of Sungakure's infrastructure. Those nobles supported their Kazekage, but there was still no Kazekage. Merely a Steward playing at the role of Kazekage, or rather he was forced to play at the role. The encounter with the Cabal, the Oracle Fuu had made it to him very clear that he had made no effort to apprehend Katuso and hold him accountable to his title proper. Yes. It was true. Even if he did, what good would it do?

Sousuke tapped his pages of notes. He looked up and at his nobles and his peers. Some of them masked. Others very much in the flesh. Akamichi Nobu and his wife sitting in the background looking down at him, as it were Sousuke was in a pit of sorts. He exhaled, and looked up and around. It was time to reveal what he had learned from Fuu. This would take some time to get done. "Residents of Sungakure. I thank-you for attending on short notice."<i></i> He began. "These have been very trying times as of late, but progress forward has been made. The Diamond Maelstrom has subsided, and at long last we have begun building. The residential zone is becoming more and more complete. It is my intention to ... aid the at-risk residents of the Grand Palaias most, but we must expand our gaze outward to Wind Country."<i></i> He paused for a moment. "It is as clear as day that we are not the only ones in Wind Country, there are those out there who have skill sets that will further aid us in years to come. Some of these people already live amongst us already. I advise we ... have a look back at our history in order to go forward. The key word being order... well... Orders. Some of us are more adept to the retention and gathering of knowledge. Others like myself are attuned to the forge. Then there are those who have the ability to read the land and survive above all else."<i></i> He turned around full circle to regard those who were here. "You've all felt it haven't you a calling of sorts? Yes. We are defenders of the realm, but we can always be something more. Is that not what man is? Always something more? Perhaps there is something to be found in order. Three in fact."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Excuse me, um...Pardon me, Sorry, Coming through, I'm sorry." Riyota continuously apologised as he worked his way through the crowd of Sunagakurians. He was interested to see what all the excitement was about, but he couldn't see from all the way at the back. "Oof" He let out a small grunt as a person shuffling left knocked him onto his butt. He needed to get up quickly, before the crowd reformed in his area. He continued pushing forward, trying to see what everyone was staring at.

He saw Sousuke at the front, giving some sort of speech. I get the feeling he doesn't like public speaking all that much. Riyota guessed, from the fact that Sousuke paused on the occasional word.

Riyota didn't know what the 'Orders' were, but they sounded fun. So he raised his hand, not caring if too many people were annoyed by him asking a question. He was in one of his very cheerful moods. "Mr Sousuke Sir! I'm not sure if maybe I'm not quite understanding this, but what are the 'Orders' exactly. I'm still kinda confused." Riyota hoped that by piping up it would give Sousuke even just a little bit more confidence to talk, even if he was just going to ramble on. Riyota planned to leave if he got bored.

[Not much to go off, sorry :(]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru was never sure if the fact his formal clan robes always seem to constrict around his body much tighter than the ones he selected himself were due to some special order made by his father, or just because of the atmosphere of this event. Anbu, Med-nin, all the other nobles clans, some of the less hostile merchants…all surrounding one lone man at his desk. Haru had done his best to avoid taking part in the more political side of Sunagakure, he never felt he fit into the role of a council men. He was an artist, saboteur, spy, if needed, assassin. But he always had a feeling what he did helped the village as best as he could do…the Cabal changed that. And while he still was pretty sure he had no business being here… he also felt the need to do so, to try and steer the village into a better future. And as friendly as he was with Sousuke…there was always the feeling he could do more.

Of course now he wasn’t really in any position to do much. He was there as his father aid, more to see how it all worked, prepare himself for the future. Still, he wasn’t told not to speak up… and after Sousuke finished his introductory speech, it was silent for a little while. Orders…it was something the steward mentioned to him in passing…though the concept itself might have been foreign to some, as a young voice spoke up from the crowd asking about it. Rising himself to speak Harupia ask “Steward-san, it is good to see you in good health despite all the hard work you have been doing towards rebuilding our village. There is still a lot of work to be done…and from what I understand, the project you are alluding to would be quite…ambitious in its own. After all, you do not need to be a skilled shinobi to have skills as a scholar, smith or someone who roams the land like a hunter or scout…so this is something beyond the scope of simply adding a new division to the Shinobi forces of our land?” He wasn’t sure if Sousuke needed more prodding to over along, but he asked the questions which were naming his mind…and perhaps a few else’s as well.

Shigeo sat quietly, watching his son speak. Perhaps not the most relevant speech, but Haru conducted himself well. He always knew he would if he tried. And he could understand his son not wanting to get mixed into all this…but to see him here made him somewhat hopeful about him accepting his potential role so the head of the Sunaku clan…Shigeo knew a bit more about the orders, though they were obscure even at the time of his youth. For now he remained silent. If Sousuke was anything like a young Judori, he knew that trying to derail the topic he had in mind would serve him no good. He would let him speak about the Orders until he was satisfied…the question was would anyone else address the Sandworm in the room. Regardless or any doubts to how well Sousuke conducted himself as a Steward, he was still just that. And the village would need a proper Kazekage if they were to move forward, if only as a symbolic act of an actual renewal of what once was, but also a men with less chains put on him then a Steward had. Something would be done…sooner, or later.

Mft, Wc= 582

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi and Koichi stood close to the front, angled so they could see both Sousuke and the crowd. Their trio of big cats sat at their feet, taking in the sights and sounds. Koichi looked the consummate head of their clan, standing tall and steady, ready to act if needed, even in his more formal clothing. Kimi looked like the heir she was, but still ready for anything. Her short yukata and capris underneath noted that she was probably wearing her uniform underneath, just in case someone needed aid.

Sousuke's words were heard loud and clear by the quintet. Kimi knew she would be headed to what was once Mist soon, but if she could help her home rebuild even a little, she would do what she could.
"Sousuke-san, as you know, I am headed to the south east soon, toward the icy ruins of a once great village. Any relevant information I come across on my journey will be passed back to this nation. I believe I can speak for both my traveling companion, and myself when I say that we look forward to debriefing with you upon our return."

Koichi looked at his daughter with a mixture of love and pride. He was worried about his only daughter leaving to parts unknown, but he knew that it was something she needed to do, therefore he supported her fully. He just hoped the quartet didn't freeze.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was a crowd. Enzeru didn’t have an issue with crowds, he simply preferred not to be in them. A hunter was at home by himself or with a small group that could easily scatter. He grew up first as a hunter than an ANBU, and at no point was he given much chance to socialize with people. Still, Enzeru showed no signs of discomfort at the surroundings, instead focusing on Sousuke as people begin to speak. Sousuke with a talk of what it meant to be a man, to be more. One other thing he wasn’t used to was the flowery language of politicians, but Sousuke apparently wasn’t that good at it either. He did well enough, however.

A younger man spoke up, asking about orders. His face is locked into Enzeru’s mind for a moment before a more familiar one speaks up, Haru ask about adding more shinobi forces and if this would be more than even that. Beside him was an older man, showing some similarities but not enough to be certain. And then Kimi spoke up, the girls and her father before her watching. Enzeru looks up from his place at her side and steps forward, his head bowing to the first leader to gain his respect in quite some time.

”On my honor, whatever aid I can give upon our return is Suna’s.”

It wasn’t much, but it was all he had. This place was like home to him now, something he didn’t think possible after Kiri’s fall from power. His hand reaches down to grip Kimi’s and he squeezes it softly. Affectionately.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke listened intently and kept his eyes upon his audience. He didn't blink except only when his body demanded him to. It was here that he would have to play at the role he was hesitant to do so. By right of ancestral inheritance it should have been a Sunahoshi here to have led this meeting. Not the Steward. There was no alternative. He had to be the one to do this, and so he would. This was a test. One that he hoped he would pass with honours. Sousuke exhaled lowly. He focused. He did not sweat a single bead, but mentally he was racing. Riyota first spoke. The large noble Akamichi Nobu introduced him afterwards. "Young Master Riyota of the House Kuromairu."<i></i> Not everyone knew each other, and this was a way of everyone learning the names. Sousuke already knew the name of everyone in this room. He knew their house, their financial position, and some of their quirks.
Zjr3LMd.png

"Behold. The runes of the Orders."<i></i> Sousuke formed hand seals and created three plasma constructs in the forms of symbols. They floated in the air and rotated for the crowd to see in the entirety. The Steward turned his gaze to the young man, "Orders are primeval. They were present during the original War of the Ancients when Primus battled against the courts of the Ancients. They have fallen into the ages, and people have become unaware of them. There were the Rangers, the Journeymen, and the Oracles. Think of them as a sort of profession of sorts that can be inherited."<i></i> He began. "The Rangers are very much alive... but hidden in plain sight. They are masters in stealth and nature. They could transverse the landscape easily, and very recently did I learn that they knew how to transverse the Diamond Maelstrom while it was active and ravaging the lands around and above us."<i></i> A small introduction. More to come. "Journeymen are far less hidden, but unaware of who they truly were. The Journeymen laboured and built the armour of Primus our One King. Not only are their wares of armour and weapons but they are builders. I would be an example of a Journeyman. Each Journeyman has a mark on their wares, and are often able to enhance their wares through elemental infusions, or the what some deem to be sorcery. The Fukui family in Soon's are Journeymen, but they have taken to selling their wares."<i></i> Kimi had dealings with them. Unsavory it was. "Then we have the Oracles. Granted there was only one left in this particular Order, but it is my hope to re-populate this grouping. They are able to uncover ancient bits of history ... histories that are not known to us. The genesis of ancient bloodlines, kinjutsus, abilities and how they are present today. They observe, record, and scribe. As the name suggests there is an element of foresight, but the Oracle I had encountered did not reveal that to me. If I were to speculate she would use the events of the past to understand the events in the present and perhaps try to guide those on a favourable course. Merely speculation, but it is something worth investigating."<i></i> Sousuke took a breather for a moment. The information he must have given may have given a headache or two.

Harupia next spoke up, "Lord Harupia of the Sunaku clan."<i></i> The Akamichi explained for the rest of the onlookers and the listeners. The Large Akamichi sat back down after the announcement of names.

"Yes and no."<i></i> Sousuke answered simply. He placed his hands on the table. "Agreed you do not need to be a shinobi to be a scholar, but if you are a shinobi and a scholar you have a fuller and deeper understanding of the natural world that your participate in. An Oracle would understand how the fire we conjures to use fire jutsus work. I would also think they would be able to point out in a bloodline history the point at which a new skillset became avaiable due to knowledge of the marriages and the mixing of bloods therefore leading the offspring to have new talents. Granted that should one not have the proper ancestry and I quote "Anything can be mastered with considerable effort, even in the absence of skill." That is what the Oracle had informed me. I believe her considering that she was in stealth and I was not able to detect her point of origins."<i></i> Sousuke raised his hands from the desk. He clapped his hands silently. "Adding a new division? Yes. I would think of it more of an augment though. My intentions are to build Order Halls for Rangers, Journeymen, and Oracles. A meeting place, a place to train, a place for knowledge and instruction. It is an undertaking I would think would be most beneficial given the history of each order. We need to arm ourselves with weapons, armour, knowledge, and history. We need to maintain the wilds so we are not victim to another catastrophic event such as the Daimond Maelstrom. Once properly armed it will be a boon to us all... we can better handle future entities such as Magentica and the Djinn."<i></i>

"The heiress of the Nekozuka Clan Lady Kimi, and the Enigmatic Courtier Enzeru."<i></i> Nobu spoke. The Akamichi eyed the Steward. Was it so wise to have a foreigner present? He seemed indeed quite honourable, but more importantly the Steward had given him to reason not to distrust the archer. The Akamichi had heard exploits of the ... battle in the streets and a pirate ship.

Many in the room looked at her curiously. Sousuke held up a single hand to motion the audience to stop. "Yes. Kirigakure. The land was subjected to a level ten end game event. The land was literally frozen over to a state of crystallized stillness. It is a dead land for the moment. We hosted one Kendori Shuu for a time, the older mednin who came to us and aided us in the Magentica crisis."<i></i> The Steward nodded his head at Enzeru. "We are residents of the desert, but a Ranger could safely trek through those lands. Have knowledge of safe paths. Orders expand beyond our borders. They apply themselves to the world itself. Kimi, I have known you since childhood. I do not think you are a Journeywoman ... and yes unfortunately the term has not evolved with gender. Something of a nuisance really... BUT I charge you to take your time in Kirigakure to explore the potential of becoming a Ranger or an Oracle."<i></i> A simple enough task. Everyone would have to know themselves the better. "I would think Enzeru would be fitting in the rank of a Ranger."<i></i> Sousuke nodded his head.

"It will take time to hone the skills and knowledge of each Order. I would advise you to pick a path and to stick with it unless you have become truly consumed by ennui. Each Order will have a host of secrets, and each Order will discover their secrets as comrades."<i></i> Sousuke clarified to his gathering.

[Orders are going to be an IC developmental concept. Their effects will not have anything battle oriented, but if so desire you can build yourself accordingly. For instance if you wanted to truly go DnD ranger go full board with ranged abilities and hawkeye for instance. ]

MFT

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Entrance Theme

This would mark the first time Kazuki would reach the area where Project Rebirth was based. Sunagakure was raising from the depths of the earth and was going to join its Sister Hidden Villages on the surface of their world. This was a marking point in Sand's history, and of the world as well. Konohagakure had been transformed into an immense battleground and completely lost to the shinobi. Kirigakure had suffered an unexplained cataclysmic event that had turned it into an icy wasteland. Kumogakure's gates were shut tight and no foreigners were welcome or allowed to enter. Sunagakure had just suffered a massive attack at the hands of the so called Cabal. The outcome of such offensive had partially destroyed this once great village, but its future seemed bright. It was at this time that the Senju Clan had reached the sandy walls of Sunagakure and had joined its forces. Their Overlord had been the first Senju to enter Sand and he was the first to befriend the Steward Kazekage. Not only that but they had become partners in a new organization the White Wolf had brewed for a decade. They were the co-leaders of SHIELD and through it they would save the world from the menace of the Phoenix Force.

But today was not a day for such matters. Sousuke had an announcement to make, and although time was fleeting, the Silvery Haired Man had found enough time to be there for the Purple Haired Shinobi. The former ANBU Sennin of Konoha calmly listened to the Takahashi leader describing knowledge that been lost to Sand, but was recently found. The Orders. Judging from what he had heard, the Senju Clan could potentially fit in any of the Orders. In fact, they could have members in each one. "We stand ready to do our part, Takahashi Sousuke." Reaper calmly announced. If he had been unnoticed, his words would certain draw attention to himself. But there was not much to see. Kazuki was wearing a black and gray robe with silvery trimmings and an open colar, along with a large, red, flowing toga drapped around his body and across his chest. He also wore black pants and black combat boots. He was also extremely pale, but other than that, he seemed to be in perfect health. The Overlord of the Senju Clan had pitch black irises and once under his gaze, people always had the impression he could pierce into their soul. The White Wolf also seemed to exude an aura of death and ice, but it seemed to be contained for the most part.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</FONTFACE><FONTFACE fontface="Fang Sang">
Jin'ichi had returned from his mission to Soon's Haven over a week ago. Reckless behavior led to almost biting off more than he could chew, but in the end he had gotten the job done. It had been on the long trip back to Sungakure that he'd begin to question himself. Having left the island behind without any intention of looking back. He'd started a journey with no end in sight, choosing impossible goals. In such a short time, he'd spilled so much blood... Yet, there wasn't a whole lot to be proud of. Ultimately, he'd been acting like a child and letting his emotions control his every decision. With little forethought for much other than the eventual confrontation with his father, he'd signed away his loyalty to a group of people he hardly knew. Maybe Sunagakure were the ones with the raw deal, considering that Jin'ichi hadn't shown exceptional skill in any particular area.

Despite having completed two missions by himself, each client had a complaint. The first mission involved dealing with extortionists down in the Grand Palais, but the elderly woman who'd posted the job lost produce in the process. The second act of duty was supposed to be clandestine, an infiltration of a gang in order to bring it down from the inside. Instead, Jin'ichi found a way to disrupt the small syndicate with a direct assault. On both missions, it seemed he'd been mere inches away from death by the end. Without any ability to manipulate the elements, or call upon superhuman skills, instinct carried him through. The problem was that instinct wasn't good enough. Not for what he wanted to accomplish. Within the village he'd paid attention to the Shinobi, and even the children varied in strength and capability to ridiculous levels. Some were pulling water right out of the air, while others could shatter concrete with their fists. Jin'ichi... Not so much. It was likely for this reason he'd been sent to handle the Shinobi equivalent of 'traffic duty' for cops.

While Sousuke was surrounded by many nobles and loyal warriors, his cousin wasn't far away. Instead of standing up in reverence or overt respect, he was crouched down on the western side of the room. To anyone, he'd look like a normal guy being where he shouldn't. Rather than making him seem inconspicuous, it would likely draw unspoken attention. Wearing simple blue jeans, brown shoes, and a long-sleeved red shirt was the sum of it. Medium length brown hair appeared shaggy, and the stubble on his face gave the impression of vagrancy. With his back to the wall and his elbows resting atop his knees, he remained slouched behind the groups jostling for position. Quietly, he'd listen as his cousin began. Automatic disdain for the mere thought of having to what Sousuke did showed itself on his face, mouth twisting contemplatively with hardened eyes... Eyes that stared out an open window rather lazily.

Staggering to his feet, he'd shamble over to the window and lean against its edge. With his head almost completely sticking out, he'd reach into his pocket for his cigarettes. Clasping one between his fingers and then resting it between his lips, he'd spark up and blow the first inhale out into the desert air. He was no politician, and barely passed for an operative of any kind in Sunagakure's army. At most, he was the estranged relative of the man leading the meeting... Related by blood, but through the blood of an absolute traitor no less. Unlike most present, he'd never attended an academy and those who could sense strength... Would feel nothing from him. No more than they'd feel from one of their children still attending the academy, if not much less. For all intents and purposes, he'd seem like a freeloader to all except Sousuke and perhaps those informed of Sousuke's choice to house the young man.

Not quite listening, a few words managed to catch his attention. Things like Ranger, Oracle, Journeyman, but ultimately nothing that meant much to him. It was hard to be one with the group, take pride in a nation he knew nothing about and thus claim solidarity. The emotional and sentimental ploys that would reel in any patriot rolled off his shoulders, but Sousuke's tone didn't. Maybe no one else paid much attention, but Jin'ichi could almost sense the awkwardness in Sousuke's voice. It wouldn't last long, as questions soon flew in from left and right. People were telling him of important things like trips and displaying their allegiance in some form, all of which seemed bourgeois. It was only upon hearing Sousuke go into detail about the Orders that he'd tune in seriously. When it was all said and done, he hadn't a clue if he'd fit into any of the groups. With absolutely no skill as a blacksmith, Journeyman was out of the question. At least- This type of Journeyman. It wasn't the same thing as the Main Branch role, something that Jin'ichi did feel in a sense fit his future aspirations. Ranger was all fun, but he hadn't been showcasing stealth or intelligence since he'd arrived. Having fallen too much into himself, Jin'ichi eventually realized he screwed up his first set of impressions pretty badly.

Taking another deep inhale of minty but toxic fumes, he'd turn to face Sousuke's direction. "How do you qualify for any of these Orders?" A question asked somewhat out of turn, but within a space of temporary silence. His voice would easily carry across the room, somewhat deep and gruff as his appearance might suggest. Flicking the back of his right middle finger's nail against one of his green earrings, a chime would follow. "I doubt it's something that any and everyone's cut out for." A true statement, but coming from a quite fallible source. "I guess you'd be looking for natural talent?" Subtly, he made a statement that would exclude himself and many others. With his intellectual ability entirely unknown, the Oracles seemed out of his reach. With his crash method of handling the last two missions, considering him for the Rangers seemed pointless at that moment as well. The reason for him speaking up wouldn't be apparent, considering that he was both a newcomer and someone without noteworthy accomplishment.

WC: 1048
[Marked for training.]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia turned his head as Kimi interjected briefly, announcing her intention to try and reach the land of Kirigakure and find out just what has happened there. The thought about it made him shiver ever so slightly, if only to imagine the entire village now being frozen almost completely. It seemed like a dangerous track for sure, though she would have assistance. He didn’t know Enzeru much, but even though he was outside of the village, eh already proved to be a huge boon to it. Perhaps a naïve perspective, but it was good to see someone who, as far as he could tell, valued honor and loyalty. Though he could only guess if the reasons for him staying here weren’t a bit more down to earth, he thought with a small smile as he noticed him place his hand on Kimi’s shoulder. He didn’t envy the fate of anyone who would try to hurt one in front of the other.

Soon after Sousuke projected the crests of the orders (in an impressive fashion he had to admit…perhaps he was rubbing of on him more then he thought) as he explained the concept further. There was something…alluring to the whole concept, ancient gatherings, masters of their craft, maintaining the peace of the lands. Though he felt a bit puzzled how people would fit into these groups. He and other members of his clan were capable of traversing the Maelstrom…though the trecks were always a bit of a risk, and usually as far as Soon’ Haven at best. He had no really skill at constructing anything other than a sculpture. And while he liked history as a source of inspiration, he never could sink his teeth really into it…and he did not feel qualified in any manner to predict the future. Then again…Sousuke seemed to be addressing the point as well.

As someone else raised such concerns, a face he couldn’t quite recollect, he cleared his throat as he said "If I understand the Steward correctly, my friend, natural talent will be of course a boon. But really, if the only way to achieve greatness in this world would be a birth given skill, many of us probably might not be here today. It’s the same as with training young Shinobi in the academy. There will be a Prodigy, perhaps a few of them. But a lot of students start out unsure of their abilities, scared of failing their family for not making it. Some are overwhelmed by the fear…while other preserve, and push themselves to go above their limitations. And even a natural gift doesn’t entitle one to greatness. The ability to manipulate the sand we step on was in my blood, yet at first I was no better than any other young man training the shinobi arts, but thanks to my father pushing me as hard as possible and persistently catching me when I did my best to sneak away” he added in a slightly lighter tone, not being able to help himself form a joke “I stand here, strong and ready to defend out village. And I do believe that these orders will give more people a opportunity to find what their skills are, or perhaps, hone abilities they otherwise would have never found for themselves.”

After he paused, Shigeo rose from his seat and stepped forward as he said “Training ourselves to be more diverse in the skills and knowledge we have is never a bad thing. The more troubling part might be the logistics of it. I assume, Sousuke-san, you have plans already for building these great halls. Is it something we have the resource and man power for? Also, pardon the slight simplification here, but a school needs its teachers. And as you said, the orders are more of an ancient concept. Would we have enough man possessing the knowledge to train any future Rangers, Journeyman or Oracles?’ he finished in a firm voice. As much as the idea was good in spirit, he knew that many of the noble people would want to talk numbers. Gushing over potential would take the Steward only so far.

mft, WC= 691

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ranger. It was an odd title, but one which seemed very fitting. Enzeru mulled it over as he listened to more talk going on, and others joined them. Sunagakure was certainly recovering well, and more than that the hunter had found a home here, been accepted and treated as an equal. It was definitely more than he expected when he arrived those months ago to help out after the attack, and more than he could have ever dreamed to find Kimi. His hand snakes down to her own and gives it a gentle squeeze as people looks to the “Enigmatic Courtier” with open curiosity. No doubt a few were plotting stupid schemes that would never get off the ground.

Still, the orders were simply a good idea. It was reviving an old tradition that could actually improve things. And more than that, it would blur the lines of division between branches, giving them more chance to work together and perhaps become a cohesive unit instead of how it was back home with splits between who was better. He could see this being a good thing, with no drawbacks save perhaps some fools giving in to the supposed elitism of their order, but that was a problem now anyways.

”Natural skill is like a good blade. If you don’t hone it it won’t cut. Hard work can take an unskilled man further than skill can take an unpracticed one. I can speak from experience that no amount of what I was born with makes up for the training I underwent. These are the same. Those who apply themselves properly will be as they are.” Those eyes turn on Jin`ichi, bright blue with black flecks to match his blue-going-black hair. ”My being a Ranger, is it not something I was born but something I became through acquiring skills.”

And then Haru’s companion spoke, asking a very pointed and important question, turning Enzeru’s attention away from the younger man and back to the conversation as a whole. Teaching was something he’d done, and could indeed do again for Suna should she require him to.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sousuke...you taught me how to forge a weapon, do you remember?" Riyota asked the man, almost certain that he would have forgotten as he had many more important things to think about. "Before that class, I had no experience, no skills, no nothing, not even a holster for my axe." the boy smirked, looking at the spot on his back that the weapon was absent from, wondering if the dent in the floor is still there from when he had dropped the large tool. "Natural skill may be a large part of these orders, but it is my strong belief that there is no skill that can't be taught...Sure, many of us do not carry skills in our blood, like me, but that power would've had to have come from somewhere, right?" He asked to the crowd, gaining much more confidence than he had before. However when Riyota noticed the many eyes upon him, staring in disapproval of his naive opinions, he started to grow nervous.

"I-I...I mean that's just what I...nevermind" the boy kicked up a bit of dust as he stared down at his feet. "I guess I'm still just a child in their eyes."

[I'm sorry about my short posts, I hope there's enough to go off here D:]

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The statements he'd made caused a bit of a fuss, but it was necessary for the progression of everything. Listening to the words of those that bothered to chime in with their comments brought a soft smile to his face. Having previously been silent, he was able to catch a few of the introductions and thus became able to identify a handful of those around him. Harupia of the Sunaku clan was the first to say anything with substance to it, words that would be echoed in the ideas of those that came after. The consensus all around was that inherent talent wasn't going to play as much a role as one might think.

After what Jin'ichi would assumed was an elder of Harupia's clan finished his own statements, this Enigmatic Courier chimed in. The one called Enzeru, clinging to his significant other addressed the scruffy-looking Takahashi rather directly. It seemed for a while almost as if Jin'ichi wasn't listening as he looked out the window and away from the man's eyes while inhaling more of his cigarette. However; that wasn't quite the case. The young man's mind let everything settle and marinate in his psyche, not simply their words but those prestigious titles as well. It was only natural to be surrounded by people of such caliber when the Kazekage had important things to say. Jin'ichi however; began to regret having stayed as long as he did. If for no other reason than he knew none of those Orders called to him in any way. Perhaps even more so that he didn't like rubbing elbows with those that fell into the category of being upper-class.

"I believe you, I doubt you'd be here unless you were at least reasonably skilled. I'm just a guest. My opinion really doesn't matter."<i></i> Finally, a response to Enzeru. Having nothing really to add to Harupia's statements meant a simple shrug that implied he had nothing to argue against had preceded all this. It was at that moment a young boy spoke up. He'd recall the large guy that threw out names had called him Riyota, Master Riyota no less. The young man was awkward, but seemed to have a relationship with Sousuke and reflexively Jin'ichi took the information delivered and concluded the boy would have been a decent Journeyman. At least...In the Journeyman order, not the Main-Branch occupation of the same name which Jin'ichi himself was more suited for. It didn't take long before the youth lost his nerve, but that would surely be tended to by Sousuke's response.

Stretching a bit, so that his joints would pop loudly one after another, Jin'ichi prepared for departure. His cigarette was finished, and ended up being flicked right out the window. Knowing that everyone would be focused on the conversation that continued on, he took the time to casually saunter on out. He had a few things to do, and staying where he wasn't really required just meant he was wasting time. It wasn't much better than laying around at home eating cereal or something. His father was surely out there either getting stronger or ruining the world just a little bit more. Jin'ichi wasn't about to continue being the same slacker he'd apparently been for so long. He had far too many plans.

WC: 550
Marked for Training.
[Topic Left]​
<i>
</i>

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kazuki too had joined the gathering. The Senju leader certainly had an effect on Nobu, who merely rubbed his hands together as he felt a slight chill. "Highlord Senju Kazuki."<i></i> The court seemed to relax a bit more as he offered his loyalties to the Steward. The Overlord was met with a nod from the Steward. Everything was coming together. The Steward himself seemed to relax a bit more, strangely enough. The on lookers then turned to the Steward's not widely known cousin speak. Nobu eyed the Steward. Would it be wise to introduce another member of his family? Even if he was estranged? A brief exchange of glances between the announcer and the Steward made all the difference. Sousuke did not blink, or did anything else change much about his posture, or personal quirks. "Master Takahashi Jin'ichi, the first of his name."<i></i> Nobu announced. Sousuke did not speak much about the estranged cousin, he said nothing good, or anything ill of his character. Nobu raised an eyebrow as he observed the man who was indeed a family member to his Steward. Curious it was. The slightly older man did ask a couple of questions, unto which the Steward answered.

Sousuke would stare back at his cousin, a momentary silence as he thought about the answer as evidenced by the pause. The Steward had about worked his answer, but Harpia had stepped up to the metaphorical plate and answered for him. It seemed that Harupia had gotten the idea. "Agreed. Harupia has summed it up quite well actually."<i></i> Prodigies were statistically akin to miracles, which were as of late ... lacking. Sungakure was perhaps subjected to a few in the past, but ... miracles did not solve all one's problems. Enzeru spoke too of natural skill, and how even the unskilled if pushed accordingly so could even best one with such. Even young Riyota stood up and spoke. The Steward listened to the youth and what had to share. A small smile appeared on Sousuke's visage. Most of the court stared dumb founded at the small facial gesture, even Nobu had raised an eyebrow. Rarely did Sousuke smile, publically. Their Steward was a controlled man, one of a tight rein of himself. Certainly he did have a moment or two that stood out, but that was expected. "I remember all too well young Riyota. Yes. You are quite right. All of you. I myself have a ways to go ... there is a new found weaponry that makes use of powders and small balls that pierce flesh. Firearms. I myself haven't quite got the know-how as to it working, but there are things we will all learn together. The host of this knowledge said that this was to be shared, and that is exactly what we will do."<i></i> There it was, the admission that the Steward did in fact not know how to work a firearm. A sobering thought. Jin'ichi had made his depature. The Steward turned his attention back to the company. Indeed he would catch up with him later.

The floor now belonged to Lord Shiego, who needed no introduction, well, a small one. "Lore Shiego. Head of the Sunaku clan."<i></i>

Sousuke turned to Shiego and conducted himself accordingly. Sousuke began to form hand seals and the runes from before began to transform into various structures. "Resources yes. I may require your clan to help build these structures, but I may also call upon other clans as well. We will use the elements around us, and the elements we have the ability to conjure and summon. The order halls will grow over time in structure and staffing. Manpower will grow over time as people align themselves with an Order. Naturally the Journeymen will need to work together and form a proper body. Rangers, well I do have a number of individuals, who if they accept their instruction can form the basis of that. There are Rangers still present in Wind Country. It would be wise to seek them out and bring them into the fold, non-violently of course."<i></i> Oracles were a slight problem. "Oracles will begin with what we have. Unlike Rangers, their numbers will be fewest, and so we will commit an organization of scholars, historians, and poets to begin with. I would ask those with an interest in natural histories, data collection, and cultures to consider the undertaking of becoming an Oracle."<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toraono Kuro's Hunter avatar and guardian avatar arrived without fanfare. Mouko Kuro and Chouryoku Kuro arrived looking like twins but with distinctive differences in their gear. Chouryoku Kuro stood at five feet, ten inches, weighing in at two hundred and eighty pounds. Identical to Mouko Kuro except for his clothing/gear and his eyes.

Mouko Kuro has long luxurious hair that is silver grey in coloration but also seems to have a natural discoloration pattern made noticeable by the darker gray streaks in his hair. This natural pattern gave his hair the appearance of tiger stripes whether he wears his hair in a ponytail like today or straight down. He has large smooth silver gray eyebrows. To glance at him at close distance was to notice that both his arms are streamlined with thick girded muscle. His neck is thick at 24 inches, leading to massively muscular shoulders and an explosively developed chest. A black fighting gi with no sleeves revealed his biceps which un-flexed are 22 inches around; from his mid back to where his neck meets his shoulders Kuro is covered with Runic Terran Tiger Stripes. Although Mouko Kuro is well muscled he still carries love handles at upon his waist which he trains daily to get rid of to no avail. His upper right shoulder bears a tribal black lion mark that serves as a Heaven Seal. Mouko Kuro has large hands, and feet allowing him to stand at 5ft 10 inches and weigh in at 270 lbs. In a normal state Kuro’s eyes were as gray as the clouds in the sky just before a storm, smoldering and brimming with emotions untold when he wasn’t focusing his devil sage chakra. His lips are full, rich, seemingly of a dark chocolate smoothness. His brow is unmarred save a single epic scar atop his scalp. His nose is flared and smooth as if solid chocolate marble could be molded into a large nose. His ears seem perfectly suited to adorn the sides of his head, neither flared out nor pinned back just there. When focusing his powers he gains twin orbs of vibrant violet and gold cat like pupils that seemed to catch every movement in a casual glance granting him near 360 segree vision. Violet eyes with gold slits would peer from a chocolate brow with large ebony horns growing from where a normal man’s temples would be. He wore a sand tone obi around his thirty six inch waist. The obi allowed Kuro to carry his battle gear and storage pouches. Kuro wore his battle pouch on a second sash just above his right hip. Adjacent his storage pouches Mouko Kuro wore a pair of collapsed fuuma shuriken, and last but not least Kuro wore his leg sheath on the interior of his hakama just atop his fighting gi shorts with his summon scrolls. A convenient cut in the silk cloth of his left hakama pants leg allowed Kuro full access to his scrolls without showing anyone exactly where they were till he motioned to grab one. Acting as both his arm guards and shin/feet guards Mouko Kuro wore the runic terran marked fighting wraps. His tail swished back and forth its tiger stripes faintly surging with chakra.

Chouryoku Kuro also wore a sand tone obi around his thirty six inch waist. The obi allowed Chouryoku Kuro to carry his many scrolls. Kuro wore his battle pouch on a second sash just above his right hip. Adjacent his scrolls were a set wraps and light amounts of medical equipment, the majority of which sat in his leg sheath on the interior of his hakama just atop his fighting gi shorts with his water bladders and sealing scrolls. Chouryoku Kuro was also covered by the runic terran markings of his hand and leg wraps. Chouryoku Kuro’s tail swished back and forth its tiger stripes faintly surging with chakra. His black gi top seemed to hum as he moved about. He wore a night black visor that many could not see through, although Chouryoku Kuro didn't really use his direct eyesight most of the time as he was relying on his enhanced echolocation abilities instead.

Literally Kuro's eyes and ears had arrived at the mention of Oracles, they nodded as one to Sousuke before proceeding to sit down and observe, wondering what all this talk about orders was about.

WC: 730
MFT

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seemed there has been a consensus reached for now...even though some seemed reluctant. AS Sousuke was finishing his part he could see Kuro and...the Kuro's enter the meeting. He was surprised they were late...but he could only guess the Toranao knew more about the orders then most would. And just as he said, it was not so much an idea to polish what was there, but to try and bring out the potential depths of all the members of Suna. It seemed like a good goal, give even people outside the Shinobi profession a chance of doing something more. And the more opportunities people would have, the more they could go away of the more... darker paths. The state of the Grand Palais was still a concern on the young Sunaku;s mind...but giving all the people a chance to do more would hopefully pull the less fortunate ones to the underbelly life of Suna...of course there was a lot of work to be done to minimize said underbelly, but one step at a time...

Haru kept to his own thoughts for now, not having much to add about his worries towards the project. He was more thinking about a future role...as Sousuke spoke, it seemed he was closest to the role of on Oracle...though the name seemed to have such grandeur...on one hand he didn’t feel deserving, on the other...it tickled his fancy. His father spoke on after Sousuke "Me and my man are at you service of course, with many of us already helping to rebuild our new home. And I see...we'll have to go from the ground up with most of this hmm? At least we have you to show all the man how to properly use a smiting tool...And hopefully they all learn fast. These new weapons... I’ve heard some murmurs they can be the equalizer for those who can’t use chakra. So better to learn as much as we can about a weapon which can be turned against us at any moment"

mft, Wc= 336

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eventually the discussion between natural skill and training dwindled. Unfortunately they were all wrong. Unfortunately both accounts were only partially correct. Natural talent only translated into a head start. It had been demonstrated, time and time again, that those less gifted had the ability to reach and surpass those other naturally gifted, given enough training and time. On the other hand, those with no skill at all, will never be able to compete against the best out there. What everyone was forgetting that there was one single key attribute that ruled everything. An apt mind. Without it, it doesn't matter how skilled you are, nor it matters how much train you do. It is irrelevant if I have the power to destroy a mountain with a sneeze if I don't know when to sneeze. It doesn't matter if I train 12 hours per day, if I am incapable of properly learning what I am doing. And that was it. If you wish to thrive, you better cultivate your mind. A sharp mind always leads to greatness.

Given Sousuke's descriptions of the Orders, it was a no brainer the Senju Clan would be able to have members in each one. Their Overlord, however, was unsure where he would fit the most. He wasn't naturally inclined into any of them. And with him, surely many others. Slowly but steadily, the Silvery Haired Man walked where Riyota stood. Reaper placed his left hand on the kid's right shoulder as a way to reassure him. Although this was warming gesture, Kazuki's chilling nature would probably nullify its original intention. "You know there is more than a single source of power Riyota. You are living proof of that.", the White Wolf noted, in what was an allusion to the cursed seal he had given to the Kuromairu boy. "And what if you can't decide what Order you should join? What if you think you qualify for all three? How to decide then? Will someone decide for us or will we remain unaligned?" the former ANBU Sennin voiced his own and other people's concern as he raised his gaze toward the Steward. "I believe me and some of my clan will also be able to help with the construction efforts." he added moments later before any response could be given. Wood and earth were certainly great tools, and the Rider of Death had them both.

Nanashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Still wandering through and mapping out the reconstruction zone, the nameless trio--Assassin, Artist, and Monster--immediately noticed a trend in the crowd's movements; following the general flow, they noted the traffic heading to surround an eight-sided structure of some sort in the midst of the reconstruction zone. Summoning up a cloud of sand to sit upon, the trio sent themselves floating over the heads of the foot traffic. When they reached the air just above an entrance, they commanded the sands to settle back into the ground, depositing all three bodies before the entrance. They strode through and into a grand meeting hall. Having had them active to memorize the layout and distribution of work, supplies, and structures in the area, the first of the nameless allowed their tomoe-bedecked rinnegan to roam around the room, noting those present. They noted the presence of two of the Toraono Sennin's bodies in the hall. As they continued their pan, however, they caught sight of a figure which threatened to undermine their careful control over their own emotions.
The three seemed something of an odd assortment. All were of different heights. The Artist stood tallest, his blond locks shorn and shaven off half his head, and slit by the other of his twin nubby horns on the other side. The Monster held her typical degree of restless energy in response to her perpetually elevated heart rate. Standing shorter than the Artist, she wrinkled her perpetually ruddy nose, trying to shake the sensation of insects crawling across it. Her black, iridescent hair hung as unruly as it ever did, framing her face like the crown of a thistle. The Assassin stood least imposing of stature, nearly half a foot shorter than the Monster. Her blood-red hair hung lower than the Monster's but also less wildly, flowing in an elegant, straight fall. She would truly have seemed least imposing of the trio, were it not for two features. First, in place of fingernails, her fingers were tipped by long, wicked-looking, black talons. Also, of the three, only she bore eyes that differed from the other two bodies' rippled, silver-purple rinnegan; her rinnegan were bedecked by six tomoe apiece. All three were clad in functional black garb and covered by crimson vambraces.

Striding to the periphery of the chamber, the nameless forced themself to keep their expressions calm. She had not missed the visible portion of the Senju can marking tattooed onto the milk-skinned, silver-haired man. Even without her sharingan, she would never be able to mistake that symbol for another. From the way he was speaking...her marrow felt frozen and she had to force herself to hold her mangekyou in abeyance. Uchiha Akane never met the man in her time spent as a technical member of Konoha's ANBU division, and she wore a new face now so there was little risk of her being recognized, but by his words that could only be grand lunatic of that clan of sap-suckling ambition-addicted monstrosities: Senju Kazuki. They had known they would inevitably encounter Senju within the village, but they'd thought they would have had more time to establish themself and steel themself against the sight of that hateful symbol and the collective lunatics assembled beneath it. Making themselves avert their gazes from the clan responsible for so much wrong in her life, she focused her attention upon the man at the center of the meeting, Takahashi Sousuke, who--according to the memories granted her by the Sennin--was the functional (if not formal) equivalent to a Kage within Sunagakure.

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fresh off a nice training session involving the Undersea portion and some creative usage of the water resistance, Naoki walked past a big octagon-y building. Hmm... The doors seem to be open... Is it like a meeting room or some sort? A lot of people are in there too, room full of whispers. Is it an event? Naoki decided to stay a little ways outside of the room, being averse to large gatherings in general. It was one thing to be shoving past citizens on a crowded street, and a whole other thing to be standing still in one... Especially since her nature would have been to try and catch every little whisper she heard, causing the nerves in her ears to try and adjust that way. If someone spoke out randomly, it'd be rather painful. It was something she would have to work on, once she realized how that automatic reaction works. For now though, she just thinks she won't fare well in crowds.

From the talking earlier, it seems someone who caused a stir left the building, and the room contained several prominent figures in the management of Sunagakure. Oh, Kuro-dono is here! Hmm... Is that Sousuke-sama in the middle there? I guess it's a big meeting thing after all, should I even be here? Whoa, Riyota-kun? I guess it really is for everyone after all? Or maybe he actually has some kind of secret ancient bloodline thing. The girl had no idea whom anyone else was, as she was quite unversed in politics and the like, but she was indeed interested in anything that might concern this many people.

[Topic Entered]
[Just hangin' around, feel free to continue as if she joined the outskirts of the room or something!]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke made a waving gesture of sorts. "Quite literally yes. The new residential zone will be complete soon... this structure alone here will serve as a basis for the new Kazekage tower. Best to have a place to rest our weary heads first and foremost. The intention is to relieve the most at risk residents who live in the Grand Palias as we transition above. Luckily the hospital was not overly damaged by the Cabal attack, so the intention will be to deconstruct the facility and move it topside, but again we will make sure that the most at-risk patients are taken care of first and foremost."<i></i> He paused for a single moment. ""I will be delegating some of the projects to managers to keep all parts moving. It would be most ... difficult if the cart gets before the horse in certain projects."<i></i> Shiego was a smart man, he knew what the metaphor meant. More importantly, he suspected that the Sunaku clansman was grasping the concept of the new Sungakure that was to be had. There was the grim notion of the new founded weaponry but ... that would come to terms in good time.

Kuro had entered the room, his many forms. Truth be told, Sousuke was hoping his 'adopted' old brother would have been here from the start. Perhaps Kuro found himself bored with the ... politics aspect of it all. Then again Kuro always associated himself with the mysticism of sorts. Kazuki had interjected with a series of questions. "The Orders alignment, I will not have assigned. I would leave you to form your own judgments about what is best from you. Though ... if so desired, I could advise you about what Order I think would be best based on your known characteristics."<i></i> Sousuke answered. The second question was slightly more difficult to answer. "One may affiliate themselves with an Order or two, but I think it would be most wise that the person in question aligns themselves at least to master the knowledge and traits offered by an Order above others as what one has to learn will take a life time. Not to mention I do not think the Rangers could most appreciate one being ... a mass broadcaster of the art of having perfect stealth unto those who are not going to be in that school."<i></i>

More and more people entered the room it seemed. All eyes on him of course. The Steward continued to look up at the people surrounding him as he was indeed the sole one down in the pit was it were. This was much like the lectures he used to give, but this was larger and far grander. "Orders will offer particular job sets. If you wish to try a few jobs as each Order before aligning yourself properly you can indeed do so. In the case of an Oracle, a beginning occupational mission would be to spend time with one of the recovering municipalities and to learn their ways. Dialect, mannerisms, languages. For a Journeyman you would be commissioned to begin work on a weapon and be guided by appropiately by someone who is more ... mindful of the art. An apprentice Ranger would most likely learn how to track an animal with an Expert Ranger."<i></i> He explained. "The Order Halls will grow as we grow. We will have a base structure that in essence will evolve accordingly."<i></i>

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Sunak pair listened in silence, both of the giving their regards to Kuro and his...avatars as they walked in the meeting. It seemed the meeting was starting to move slightly in circles to some extent. Shigeo spoke up "It all makes sense. No order is closed from anyone, but if someone is to truly master any craft, he probably should lend his mind completely to it. For us Shinobi it might seem a bit different, but even though I can manipulate any element, Ill much sooner conjure a sand storm then a rain fall... I do think I heard enough about this particular project. As the leader of the Sunaku Clan of the Hidden Sand, I give my approval for it. Though we'll probably need to go over the numbers of it all...this and the rebuilding of the village on ground level will surely dent our coffers..."he said in a more grizzly tone.

After that, Harupia coughed a bit, a thought coming to his mind "Sousuke, if I may ask, approximately how much of the village is in good standing. You said the Hospital has remained mostly intact and could be moved to the surface. Just how much of the underground structures would be fitting to move to the surface?" He realized that r6trying to deconstruct all of the buildings they could and moving them would probably take obscene amounts of time and work...but a thought came to his mind of a way to minimize the workload... Or give some people a lot more to work, if his plan would come to fruition.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back