Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Calming Winds(private)

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The girl leant against a wall looking around her. The Academy was a true keystone to any ninja's great beginning. She had been through these halls before as a student and now here she was, a Leaf shinobi in the making."Those were the times...."Soku said smiling to herself as she began touring the Academy glancing at the classrooms and students rushing here and there. It was rare that members of the ANBU branch got any relaxing time at all due to the nature of their duties but she had a few moments to just stretch out and relax. She stopped before a door looking at it's plaque.."Class room 402. I remember this room."She pushed open the door and it swung open with a creak as dust fell off the hinges and she glanced around the empy room taking in the dusty whiteboards and the rotting wooden chairs.

This had been her class when she was still a student and it seemed like that this classroom hadn't been used ever since then. She walked around running a hand across the board her teacher's voice echoing through her head back in the day as all the mathematical equation concepts and shinobi lore came flooding back into her brain. The girl had been a book-worm but no one would ever guess that judging from her short temper and her dangerous affinity with ninjutsu and weapons.

"I wonder if he still works here."She tried to recall the instructor's name who had taught them but it failed her. That had been so long ago and after graduation, she was pulled into the ANBU branch which was something shed desired all along. The branch was like a family to her and she could think of nowhere else she'd rather be. Smiling to herself, the girl pulled up a old wooden chair sitting down and kicking her legs up on the table. This used to be a rule in the class where no one could put their legs up but Soku wasn't in the Academy anymore. She let out a small chucke, it was good to get away from reality for a while.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren was doing rounds around the village, walking with no real intent of going anywhere. Just having his feet lead him wherever they go. And then, he found himself at the Academy. He remembered of times past. How so different he was back then. He would hate himself for becoming what he is now. Becoming a Chigokai and accepting their sinister powers mainly because he is part of the family? No. He made amends to himself about that long ago. When he was forced to find tranquility. He tried to picture some if the good days he had back then, but couldn't remember any.

Back then. He had nobody. He was afraid that if he had people cared about him, they would be hurt. That they would die. It was part of why he has been such a loner for so long. Why he doesn't exactly get other people and why they don't get him sometimes. The Chigokai heard the blood flow of someone familiar. Someone who he was still mad at because they got hurt and didn't tell him about what they were doing so he couldn't protect her.

He opened the door, to find Soku sitting in a chair, her feet on the desk. He was still mad at her. But right now. He felt more mad at the world, feels like nobody is on his side. Even when people do obviously care for him, he still feels as if he's the outcast. The loner. Blood swirled around his eyes as he sat down in a desk right by Soku.

"You know. You're breaking the rules right now by having your feet on the desk." He tried to joke, but his heart wasn't in it. He had very few fond memories... "This was the place. The place where Takeshi ordered a teacher to help me out and help me find out who I was."

(MFT WC 316)

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Rolling her eyes at Zirens comment, Soku swung her feet off the table just to amuse the Chigokai."Just trying to let loose for a while."She said motioning around the room. Ziren tool a seat next to her and she glanced at him. He had changed, you could see the scars and the pain, the agony he his behind those swirling eyes of his."So what's up with you?"The female said giving him a small smile. She'd hadn't been with him during the Academy but the age didn't matter, every ninja remembered their first Academy day and she remembered hers like the back of her hand.

"It brings back memories doesn't it? I remember my first day here, I broke a boys nose for mocking me.I was given a harsh talking to in this very classroom. I had to write a full length essay on village peace because of that."Soku said giving a tinkling laugh as she reflected on the memory. If Ziren had seen here in her Academy days, he would probably be shocked at the change. Soku could snap at the drop of a hat back then but now..even though she was quick to anger, she had some tolerance."So what was your first day like? You don't seem like the hookworm type."She adding jokingly giving the boy a playful punch on the shoulder.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I have had a lot on my mind. You know? With everything that is going on, I'd be surprised if someone hasn't changed if they were in my shoes."

He listened to her speak some more, Solu was reminiscing about the good old days back at the Academy. He smiled when she said that she broke a boy's nose for making fun of her. Then she asked him what his first day was like. Ziren had to think on this. It's been a long while since he has studied at the academy as nothing more than a student.

"Do you remember when I told you that I thought I was cursed for the longest time? I was the oldest of my class, considering how some Leaf Ninja took me in when I helped them with a mission and found out that I was alone. Most of my academy days, I couldn't really focus. It was more of a blur for me really."

Ziren made blood come out of him and formed it into a rose. "Sometimes I actually do still believe that I'm cursed." He let the blood rose go back into his skin. Showing no evidence that there was blood. "But enough about me. Tell me. Did you always know that you were a Santaru?"

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She looked up at the dull, white ceiling lights before answering. Her Bloodline powers had been hidden from her until after her father's death, they had been awoken and it was then and there Soku had learned she was a Santaru, one able to manipulate the forces of nature at their free will which could sometimes unleash horrible consequences on their opponents as Soku had seen so many times before and had done the deed herself too.

"No...the first time I found out was after I took my father's life. I was going through so many emotional states it must have triggered a reaction.Santaru shinobi were considered highly volatile in the common eye, their emotions tended to affect the environment around them which is why sometimes, there were unexplained natural disasters. It was said they could form a rainstorm or summon a sleet of hail and snow in a matter of seconds.

" This power of the Santaru that I have, I consider it a personal testament to my past. It reminds me of who I am and what I have done to live this far. The clouds speak to me in their own way and I speak to them, I do not regret this at all." As if to prove her point, she pointed her fingers at the glistening lake outside the Academy from a window and it instantly began to overflow with water which she stopped with another flick."The abilty to control and manipulate chakra like this so casually and freely, it's a blessing but can be dangerous too."As many had witnessed Soku's rampages which often ended up in the are being ravaged by floods and storms, it was well advised not to tick off the Kunoichi. She smiled resting a hand on her clan logo which was engraved into the ANBU vest she wore.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren was slowly learning more about Soku. He already knew about her taking her father's life when he found her with her hut in ruins. In that book...

She spoke of that she understood her powers. That it seemed to her like both a blessing but something dangerous too. Ziren nodded.

He focused his chakra in his hand. Pure chakra energy formed into a sphere, he then let his blood come out and mixed into the sphere. A blood rasengane. "At least you can use yours so casually and freely as you wish. My control over blood can be deadly for anyone around me. Myself included. I've had to learn on a different level of understanding than others. To learn more about people through their blood than anything else." Ziren let the blood from the Blood Rasengane go back into him. He then slowly released his chakra from its sphere form so it won't do anything bad.

He looked at her. "If I can have just a regular day. With no worries. No one trying to kill me. A day when my children can grow up knowing their father. A day, when my brother is dead. Is a day that I will be back to my normal self. Until that day comes. I have to be ready for anything."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She nodded slowly eyeing the ball of chakra in his hand. In a way, Soku felt they were similar. Both were orphans, were in the same branch and it would be considered unwise to tick any of them off."Sometimes I just want to run back... back to my mother..my family to ask them for help...but then I realize..that was taken from me long ago. That is a thing of the past"A tear rolled down her cheek as she spoke and Soku wiped it away smiling a bit. It was a smile of sadness and regret, regret at the fact she couldn't change the past.

Suddenly, there was a blinding light that appeared in the room and Soku lifted her hands to her eyes to shield her face squinting to see what had happened. The light faded and in it's place,a woman stood with light brown hair similar to Soku's surrounded by a white faint aura of light and her presence was almost soothing."Nothing was taken from you...we reside within you, Santaru Soku."Her eyes widened as she looked at the figure."M-Mom?! But how? Are you seeing what I'm seeing Ziren?"She leapt up from the chair and ran to embrace Santaru Sana, her mother who gave a light smile before her gaze settled on Ziren."I have you to thank also. You acted like a older sibling to her even though you didn't have to. You guided her too and for that, I thank you."
[Ghost NPC entered topic, visible to everyone]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren tried to understand where Soku was coming from. Having family to actually care for him. People that he could go to when he has an issue. Ziren has lived on his own for so long. His life before coming to the Leaf was full of death as a lot of people who tried to take care of him would die. He practically erased that emotion that meant on relying on people. Scared of another death to come.

And he did something that he doesn't really do. Mainly because he almost never has human contact with others. Ziren hugged Soku as a tear rolled down her face.

Just then he was blinded by a light. And then Ziren could finally see a woman. She looked similar to Soku. Like maybe an older version. Especially the hair. That's when Ziren's own eyes widened. He was seeing a ghost. He stood by shocked at what he was seeing. Soku looked even more shocked. Seeming as it was her own mother.

Then the ghost of Soku's mother thanked him for always being there for Soku. "No need to thank me ma'am. I just want to make sure that Soku is safe. I really do think of her like a little sister. And even on my bad days, I try my best to make sure that she is happy."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The spirit floated forward resting a hand on Soku's head. "We have much to talk about."Soku nodded quietly still in shock at what was currently going on. First they had been talking about bloodlines and families and then out of nowhere, her mother had appeared."I've been watching you from above and you've grown into a fine young lady with of course many friends to support you."She said nodding her heads towards Ziren whom stood there.

Soku listened attentively."How are you here? This doesn't make sense."It was giving her a headache as she tried to contemplate the physics of how a dead person could simply appear out of thin air, ghost or no ghost. Smiling a bit at Zirens comment, she spoke."I guess I do act like a little sibling to Ziren sometimes and we all know how younger siblings can be a pest sometimes."She said jokingly. The older Santaru laughed looking at the two shinobi."You two are standing in the classroom where I used to be. I still remember this place well. Remember your Academy days well for they are the keystone to any ninja's tale." She drifted forward to where the old teachers desk was and turned to face them, her hands motioning to them to move closer."Now come, tell me your tales, each of you. Let us see what has happened in the village ever since my passing away so many years ago."

Sokus expression darkened at the memory."I don't like to think about it..."She said faintly relapsing the memory. Why couldn't the shinobi world just be peaceful and loving? There would be conflict no matter the era and there would be sacrifices made."Mom? I have a question..what is the meaning of peace?" [/cSolorShe looked up at the hovering ghost hoping she'd have a reply. Sana pondered for a moment then proposed a most interesting solution."Why don't you and Ziren tell me Soku and then I'll tell you what I think."She said looking from one AiT to the other.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren stayed quiet. For this was sure to be a special moment for Soku. He would give everything to see his parents, or the caravan that took him in again. But that day has yet to come. He closed his eyes, trying to feel a connection to them. All of the people that he has lost up until he made home in the Leaf.

He has been listening to their conversation, but hasn't yet said a word. He then smiled when Soku said that she is truly a little sister to him because younger siblings can sure be pests. And then her mother told them both to remember the academy days. How could he? Even back then he was still an outsider. Yes, he has earned his place here in the village, but there was still a lot that he had to do to even get positive attention from others.

It seemed Soku felt the same way. In fact, after that she asked of what does peace mean. Her mother then reversed the question on to them.

Ziren was never good at having deep conversations like this. But here's to giving it a try. "Peace means to me, that to have the ones that you love, by your side. Wether it be through the thick or thin. Wether they be... Umm... Here...or passed away... They will always be with you. In here." Ziren pointed to his heart. Peace is that goal everyone wants to get to. In their own different way. Because what they are doing. Most likely isn't for themselves. But for the ones they love. The ones they care for." As Ziren had said those words, he thought to himself, does that even apply to his brother? To Ibumo? Maybe there are exceptions to what he had just said.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She didn't even know where to begin. Her peace had been ripped from her that horrendous njght."Peace? I imagine peace where everything is at ease, like a blissful dream and there is no need for ninja or fighting forces. Peace is a impossible reality in this world."Soku said shaking her head slowly. The spirit smiled slightly."My time here is nearly up as I can only stay so long on the earthly plain but the answers you have given are thoughtful indeed, something your father would not understand, my daughter."Soku nodded and looked at the woman before her. She was killed..by her own dad and yet she stood here before her eyes giving them both advice.

Sana next turned to Ziren."I know nothing about your parents or where you come from but I can see it in your eyes, you have pain, something troubles you."She drifted closer, the words leaking from her mouth softly in a reassuring tone."I had pain too and I still have pain,
that I am unable to be there for Soku but know this, whatever obstacle you are facing in your life p, you must overcome it no matter the difficulty. Because if you don't, it will overtake you and put you down and it will be hard to get back up."

The woman's ghostly form suddenly begin to shimmer shaking in place and she smiled indicating her time here was done. "Mom!" The girl dashed forward and they embraced for a brief moment exchanging words of support to each other before Sana faded disappating away into the air. The Santaru merely stood there contemplating what had happened. There was a brief period of silence as they both remained where they were, no one speaking too lost in thought.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren listened to what Soku thought peace was to her. And while to truly have peace, as Soku wants so badly, she thinks that is impossible. Which in some ways, it is. But Ziren could feel as if where they were right now. Not at war, currently with any of the other countries.

Then the ghost of Soku's mother talked to Ziren. She knows at least that he's in pain. And that she has also had pain like that. That he will have to overcome obstacles no matter how hard they may seem.

He nodded, understanding what he needed to do. Just then, while Ziren was wrapped in his own thoughts, Soku screamed out, mom, he looked up. Her mother, it looks like, was going away from this world.

Soku stood there, quiet. Ziren knew what it means to lose someone. Even though he has grown used to it, he knows that it must be really hurting Soku right now. Getting to see her mother once again, only to see her go again.

Ziren put a hand on her shoulder. "If you need to let all of your emotions go, you can do so. Let it all out. I'm here for you."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku merely stood there contemplating before finally exhaling and nodding."It's fine Ziren,
I'll be fine."
She said in a grateful tone. Soku was at least happy a bit that she got to see her mother but there so many questions she wanted to ask...but so little time. She gave a sort of sad smile."At least I got to see her, that much I can be grateful for." Her words had given her inspiration and although she wasn't of this world anymore, the kunoichi would make sure to do her good.

"It hurts inside but I have to live with it or I won't be able to move on."She said accepting the harsh reality. She had to do her mother proud and crying over her dead body wouldn't help. Her main drive and purpose was based on her mother who had been a renowned clinical doctor when she was alive. She worked alongside the medical branch while running a independent medical office of her own well before her buisness collasped after Sokus father resigned from his job and they were living on bare scraps."I need to get over this, the past is the past and the past hurts but we have to learn to cope with it."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was good that she was staying strong. The Leaf needs people who can stay strong no matter what the circumstances are that are going on in their lives.

He was happy for her. Not a lot of other people get a chance to see their loved ones again. Even after they have passed away. Something that he knows that she will never forget and keep hold close to her heart.

Then she accepted what just happened. Ziren nodded. "Just remember. You don't have to do all of this alone. Making the world a better place is something everyone should be pitching a hand in, not just one person."

Then she talked about the past. "Just remember. The past makes us who we are. Helps us learn from our past mistakes. You don't have to think of the past as all bad. Just remember all of the good memories you've had. Just as important as it is to get over it, it's also important to remember the good things. Laugh at funny stories you have."

Then Ziren remembered when they first met. It was kinda funny now, but wasn't at the time. "Remember when you almost fried us both at the Valley of the End? I couldn't believe at that moment that we would also be on the same ANBU team, training together. Me getting wrapped up in vines because of chasing down that rogue ninja in the Leaf."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She gave a laugh remembering that time."How could I forget? That was when we first met .
"
They had been friends ever since and close ones at that. It was like they were meant to be friends, on the same team, winding up in the hospital, getting a lecture from the Kage."You know when I first met you, I was sort of nervous about your talks about sensing blood but I've learned not to be too judgmental and to talk to people first."Soku said giving Ziren a playful punch on the shoulder.
It was good to just talk for a while, no mention of Ibumo or Jirosho,just....talk. Her mood was more brighter now , putting all these talks about pain and peace and agony behind her.

"Look, the sky."Today was a interesting day it seemed. A thunderstorm was approaching Konoha and you could hear the faint booms of thunder. As a Santaru, she was naturally inclined to love this type of weather so trodden over to the window, she clicked it open and put her palm out feeling the fresh cold drop of the rain as it hit her palm splashing."This is my favorite type of climate. They say in my clan that rain is a good omen and that if you make a wish during a storm, it can be granted."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He laughed along with her. Despite both of their blood lines coming from Cloud, of that being rivals to each one another, here the two were. Acting as if they were family. Ziren didn't think much of Soku at the time. A small part in his mind back then didn't want to open up. To have friends. Much less someone he treats as family now.

He laughed when she talked about being nervous around him at first, all with his talks about blood and whatnot. "Number one blood sensor in the Leaf, at your service." He joked. "Now if I can just stay out of the hospital for longer than one month intervals that'd be great too."

Soku's attention was now off to the storm that was nearing. He actually liked the rain. It seemed calm and nice sometimes. And it seems Soku like the rain too. Or say, the storm. Because Santaru, and storms. Yeah. Anyway, she was talking about making a wish during the storm and it will be granted.

Ziren didn't believe in that type of stuff, but he was willing to give it a chance. The one thing that he thought of, as his own wish. He wanted to believe that there was at least some good in his brother. He opened his eyes, looking at Soku to see if she made a wish.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
A slight drizzle started and soon it was a steady downpour. There so many wishes she had but where to start...where to start."You should make a wish too Ziren."She said to him. They finally had some peace and quiet and the kunoichi was glad for it. But she knew Ziren still harbored a hatred for Jirosho but decided not to bring that up right now."The only wish I have right now is the abilty to get stronger so I can protect my friends." As if in response, the thunder flashed as the storm steadily poured on the sound of the raindrops hitting the surface.

"What do you wish for Ziren?"She was curious to see what his reply would be. Everyone had all types of wishes but in her opinion, a wish was something you desire to treasure forever, not a simple gift which could be replaced. She could go into a speech about wishes and such but decided not to overlord Zirens brain with that. She had a way with words which being in the ANBU was probably a essential skill but sometimes it was better to remain quiet."I think we both know what Maru's wish would be if he was here."She said cracking a smile.

It would involve something about darkness and shadows, the female was willing to bet. In a sense, she almost felt sorry for the human puppet wondering how he had come to be like this."You know sometimes, I feel sympathy for him wondering what caused him to be like this. Was he so bad in the beginning.?"She couldn't believe that one was simply born evil, something traumatic had to occur so whatever happened in Maru's life had caused him to live a life of isolation and darkness.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Soku told him to make a wish, he smiled. "I already made a wish." When she told him of what her wish was, Ziren couldn't help but smile. But then she asked him about his own wish.

He looked down. He's been holding this grudge against his brother for so long. Mainly because his brother wants him dead. But also because he was the reason that Ziren is parentless. "I... I want to know that there is at least some good in Jirosho. That he isn't all bad. I want to kill him, yes. But he is also my brother. If I could know that he has at least some sort of good in him, then maybe I don't have to kill him."

This topic went from hopeful to dreary in a minute. That's when Ziren thought about something else. "Soku. If my brother really doesn't have any good in him, and I do fight him to the death..." It was hard for him to talk. "I want you to be the god mother of my children. To help Hana out."

There. Ziren finally said it. He didn't know if he would survive fighting his brother. There were so many uncertainties. He had to get ready for the aftermath, just in case he wasn't there.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Ziren had made quite a request and there was a seconds period of silence before the female ANBU turned to face him, a expression of mixed surprise and seriousness on her face. She'd had nearly forgotten Ziren and Hana were having children."That's right...Hana is pregnant..right."The Chigokai was asking to act like a second mother almost, to guide them if he wasn't around and she looked at him and gave him her anwser in a simple statement."Ziren, we've been through so much together, how could I refuse? I'll gladly take on this role. Congrats to you and Hana once again."Soku said her voice light and happy.

She understood his predicament with Jirosho. There was always hope there was some good stored in a evil persons heart but that was a rare occurrence."Even if you are forced to put down Jirosho,
think about this way. You've been struggling against him all this time, it's time to put those feelings aside. You have tried to change hi but it doesn't work. It's time to move on.
She knew this could not have been a easy request for Ziren to do but if he entrusted her with such a role, she would gladly suffice.

She gave him a pat on the shoulder reassuring him."Just...just try not to get hurt. You have a family to take care of."In a sense , it was good that Jirosho didn't know about Zirens kid or he could have used that as a leverage threatening Ziren. She didn't know who else he had told but news spread quickly and in Konoha, nothing was kept secret for long. There was a series of steps outside the door and stopped outside their door. Soku instantly felt exposed. Technically speaking, only Academy students were permitted to roam the classrooms and halls and all other visitors had to have permission to enter and leave and they were in a vacant classroom which would add to the suspicioun. The doorknob began to slowly turn."I think it'd time we made our exit, Ziren"Soku said eyeing the window.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren felt like a burden was lifted from him when she said that she will help him. That she would take on this role as god mother. Ziren gave her a hug.

"Thank you for understanding. And for doing this for me. It really does mean a lot."

He nodded when she told him what she thinks he should do about his brother. "I know. I've despised him ever since I first met him. But I wanted to actually get to know my brother. Spend time with him. But he chose his path. And my own goes a separate way than his own. I know that he can use anyone in the village as leverage against me, and that's why I need to stop him once and for all."

He heard blood flow coming near them, soon he heard footsteps follow. Soku was eyeing the window. Ziren smiled. He made some hand seals and he slowly faded into the background, literally. As the door opened, he waited for the person to pass by before leaving out the door they came through. He sure hoped that Soku made it out alright. With this in mind, he left the Academy, still claoked in his Active Camo justsu.

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back