Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Can you protect me? [Modded Mission]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sun was beating down on the Leaf Village this afternoon, the weather was nice and the sounds of everyone running around and doing their daily life was filling the air. Classes in the academy student was about to let out, but there was an uncommon sight today outside of the academy. A young boy named Hayate. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes, he was a bit overweight and he his teeth weren't very straight, he seemed skittish of anyone around him as if he was about to be attacked.

Hayate was a young boy a few inches shorter than Rakutsu, he sat around the academy near the time school let out. The boy had a few bruises on his arms and a particular nasty purple on on his eye. He seemed scared and kept his head down for the most part, but once he saw a few students began to walk out, he looked to a few kids before finally laying his eyes on Rakutsu, for whatever reason he felt like he was probably strong enough to help him out.

As Rakutsu left the school, Hayate would follow him for a few minutes. He wasn’t very sneaky, and every time he thought Rakutsu might notice him he would duck behind an alleyway or a trash can. However he wasn’t that sneaky, especially considering they were in broad daylight. The weather today was quite nice, most kids would be seen running around playing with their friends but Hayate had a mission in mind and he would need the help of someone strong. The boy was tired of getting bullied, but he wasn't strong enough to protect himself. His mother had always told him how shinobi were powerful and to be careful of them, so he came up with the idea of hiring an academy student to fight off his bullies the next time they attacked him.

Uchiha Rakutsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That's it for class today kids. Be sure to review your notes tonight because we are going to have a quick test first thing tomorrow morning." The current teacher informed earning a groans from a good majority of the class. The teacher wasn't having a good time with this either which was shown with the annoyed look on his face because of his student's response. However, he wasn't the only person in the room who was annoyed by the scene.

Rakutsu sat on the top row of the classroom trying to gather his things so he could leave for the day. The young boy followed behind the other students making him the last to leave out the class, but thankfully was able to move a bit faster in the hallway with his fellow students out of his way. Out of everyone else in the classroom, he didn't mind the test that they were receiving tomorrow. In fact, he welcomed it.

Unlike the other kids in his class, he didn't spend his free time playing outside or kick a can around. He spent most of his time reading and studying the shinobi arts with the goal of becoming a effective shinobi. He held a hand over his face shielding himself from the sunlight for a moment after being indoors for several outs. Because of the humid weather, he decided to go to school in a plain white tank top and without his hat hoping it would keep him somewhat cool. The first thing he noticed after getting outside was another kid looking right at him, but didn't think much of it.

Leaving the school yard, he started for his home by himself which wasn't very long. A average twenty minute walk back and forth depending on his walking speed, but the trip is usually hindered by him casting his gaze down at his notebook which reminded him about the test for tomorrow. If he remembered correctly it was going to be on basic shinobi history. A subject he didn't study much at first much to his mistake.

During the walk home, he kept feeling the eyes of another person on him which started to get to him. Turning around, he caught the glimps of someone ducking behind a alleyway. In that glimps he caught a quick look at the person seeing them as a bit overweight and with brown hair. Just like the kid back at the academy.

"Can I help you with something?" He asked poking his head behind the alley where Hayate was hiding in.

WC: 426

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hayate was like a deer in headlights when Hayasa called to him, he had wanted to wait a few days before finally get his attention. Try and make sure that Hayasa wasn't a bully like the rest of him, he debated between running for his life but he was tired of running he would stand up for himself, even if it was just this once. The boy opened his mouth and was barely able to get out, "I-I uhm.. I have money." the boy said as he pulled out a few bills from his pocket. "I -- I mean-- some-- other boys you know--" he pointed to his eye, "They gave me this." He was red as a tomato and barely able to speak. Hayasa would most likely have go get closer if he wanted any chance to understand him. "I can't fight well.. i'm no shinobi, but some of the other boys-- they beat me up and take my money. I don't have a dad, just a mom and they beat me up for that. Saying i'm weak because I don't have a dad."[/color] Hayate was nearly pushed to tears at this point, holding them back as a bit of snot came from his nose. "I just can't fight them, if there was one? Maybe, but there's always like three or four. I'm tired of getting beat. Could you please help me? I'll give you all of my Yen!"

The wind would've blown through the village as if the world itself was trying to wipe away his tears. Hayate was by all standards a nerdy looking kid, who stood no chance against other bigger bullies. This perhaps was his last plea for help and he put his faith in Hayasa offering what in his mind would be proper compensation.

Uchiha Rakutsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maybe it wasn't the best idea to come out of nowhere like that seeing that his action alone almost gave this kid a heart attack. Still, he didn't want to risk the kid having the chance to run away by calling to him from afar. He was more than confident that he would be able to stop him at this distance. Walking into the alleyway, he allowed the boy to calm down from the sudden scare and to collect his thoughts in order to hear him out.

The shinobi in training gave the overweight boy a confused look at the mention of having money and seeing the yen bills in his hand. He wasn't sure what he was expecting the boy to tell him after getting his attention, but offering money wasn't something that came to him. He got a better idea of what this was about after seeing the black eye, but still listened wanting to hear the full story. He was barely able to make out the boy's shy muttering so he moved closer trying to hear what he had to say.

When it was all said and over he could help but to stair at the boy in front of him watching his beaten and broken state as he was doing his best to hold in the tears. Rakutsu couldn't help to wonder if this boy was what he would be if he didn't have the push to be a shinobi. The two boys were so much similar than they realized. Like Hayate, he was lacking a father in his life, but his case was a bit worst as his mother was also abscent from his life. His life in the orphanage was never a pleasant one either.

The young student was always a victim of constant teasing by the other kids because of us goal, but it never got physical. Expect if he got really annoyed, but that only happened once and he didn't completely lose the fight. He just didn't understand why there were people who do stupid things over stupid reasons. Like discriminate againest a group of people who look different or put others down for having less. Rakutsu always had the drive and strength to go toward no matter what or who was in his way, but this kid lacked all of that and more. It was written all over him.

Rakutsu simply staired at Hayate for a good handful of seconds with a unreadable blank expression. "Ok." He said after what seemed like a eternity of silence. "I'll protect you and take care of the people bullying you, but I don't want money as payment. Instead I want you to do something in exchange for me, but I'll let you know what that is after this is all done."

WC: 467
TWC: 893

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy sniffled and wiped his nose. He blinked a few times before stuffing the money back into his pocket, "O-okay i'll do whatever I promise. I just don't want to get beat up again." He said rubbing his arm as he walked out of the alley way. "They usually patrol around the s-street of my house, so they see me coming from either direction. It's usually a few boys, but hopefully they'll be scared by a ninja. You're strong right?" The boy seemed to slowly gain his confidence around Rakutsu as he noticed he wasn't going to be bullied by him. "I've tried coming from both sides of the street but they always check both sides and take my lunch money. I managed to sneak out today because my mom walked with me.. they're gonna beat me up even worse because of that. You know how lame it is to have your mom be your body guard? But I think if they get beat up maybe they'll leave me alone."

He continued to walk down the streets of Konoha, explaining the situation to Rakutsu in more detail giving him examples of how they'd beat him up. Like the one time they hung his shoes from a power line and tossed away his house key so he was locked out until his mom came back home. There were plenty of more stories where that came from each worse than the last. Just as he began to explain how the boys looked, he noticed the group of boys off in the distance. And even worse, they noticed him.

The group of boys moved over to him like a pack of wolves surrounding their pray. They surrounded Rakutsu as well, it was a group of five boys all about the same size as Rakutsu. Except one, who happened to be a good foot taller than the rest of his lackeys. He was obviously the leader and when they got into position he said "So whose this, Hayate? Your boyfriend?" Hayate got skittish and was looking for a place to run as he meagerly replied, "I uhm.. I just he's my .. I mean.. my friend. Can we just go?" he said losing his confidence in the earlier plan of Rakutsu beating them up. "You think you can go without paying the fee?" he said walking up to Hayate ignoring Rakutsu as he went to shove him. The boy tripped over his feet and fell into another boy who pushed him forward. "You know, since it's two people the fee is double now fork over the yen. Unless your boyfriend has a problem with that?" the leader said smirking as he cracked his knuckles.

Uchiha Rakutsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Good. The kid is going to agree with his terms. This much was given when he saw him put his money away. A part of him actually wanted to accept the money as payment for taking the time out of his day to do this, but it wasn't right. This boy was being tormented to the point where he's scared to even be around others. Taking money from him wouldn't be right and wouldn't sit well with him later.

"I'm average." He said without looking back at Hayate. His main focus was the road ahead of him and the boy's he was after. He didn't say much during the walk to Hayate's street as he was more focused on hearing the boy out. From what was being told, he guessed that the bullying started off small at first, but gradually got worst by the day. It was cruel teasing in the beginning before turning into physical beat downs. Just hearing it didn't sit well for him.

His feelings towards Hayate's stories were plainly obvious just by looking at him. His usual blank expression became much more harden and his fists were clenched in his pockets. His expression didn't change when the bullies surrounded the two and continued to stay unfazed by their attempt at intimidating him.

"You can't accomplish anything if you back down after being intimidated by a few pigs Hayate." Rakutsu said before shifting his focus back on the bullies. This was gonna be easy. He advanced on the leader attempting to grab his arm in order to throw him over onto his back while continuing to hold his arm. If he was successful than he would stomp his foot on the leader's chest while twisting his hand.

TWC: 1,183

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rakutsu's maneuver worked, he brought the boy down onto the ground and pinned his foot on the oldest boy's chest. However he was still outnumbered, two of the other boys tackled Rakutsu before he could inflict massive damages onto their leader. The last boy went then to grab Hayate by the hair, pulling him down to his knees. Hayate grabbed his arm and tugged all he could but couldn't free himself from the boys grip. The two who were taking Rakutsu now had him on the ground as they punched and elbowed him as he was pinned in between the two heavier boys in the ground. There was little he could do but take blows at this point and the street was quiet that no one seemed to be aware of their scuffle.

As they continued their ruthless beating of the boys, the leader stood up and cursed a few times, "Oh yeah? You think you can hit me with a cheap shot like that and get away with it?" he said as he kicked Rakutsu's ribs. "What were you? Supposed to be this little piggies bodyguard?" he grinned devilishly, as he walked over to Hayate. The boy who was holding him down raised the now crying and bloodied boy. The oldest boy slapped him hard across the face, the clap ringing through the silent street. Hayate's face turned red and he sobbed a bit more, letting out a cry. The boy leaned up next to him and said "I told you what would happen if you told anyone what was going on right?" he said cracking his knuckles, "No matter who you get.. they're not going to be tough enough to stop me." He then grabbed his face and squeezed it hard, "Now give me one reason I shouldn't break your nose now?" He stood back up and rolled his arm around a few times as if he was getting ready for a good punch, "After I'm done with you i'm going to deal with your little guard.."

Uchiha Rakutsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rakutsu didn't think too hard about the job given to him, he just thought that these bullies were just a bunch of losers who had nothing better to do. He was still right about that there is no denying that. Sure they managed to get him to the ground while he left himself open while dealing with the leader, but it's not like they did much damage to him anyway. Each hit that he took did little to hurt or even faze him. The most they accomplished in regards to him was annoying him to a degree. The same was said for the leader's attack on his ribs. That pathetic kick wasn't even enough to get him to grunt.

However, the same couldn't be said for his client who didn't have the same endurance as he did. His eyes went wide in shock before narrowing them and growling showing his newly found anger. He was being beaten to a bloody pulp by other boys and for what? Just because he lacked something they did? The thought was enough to make the student's blood boil with rage. He couldn't allow them to think that they can get away with doing something like this because if he didn't who will?

With his goal clear to him, he mustered up his strength forcing the two boys off of him before rushing at the leader to grab his fist before he could deliver another blow to his client. "No one tough enough to stop you? A pretty big claim to make for a pathetic brat like you." He said in a low tone, but loud enough that he could be heard by the leader and Hayate. If anyone turned to face him they would see that his red eyes now have a single tomoe in each of them like a newly awaken sharingan would have.

He twisted the leader's hand with the aim to break it before attempting to throw the brat towards his friends. Without giving a moment to rest, he rushed at them to continue his assault. Jumping in the air, he aimed a drop kick for one of the boys before switching to the next striking at the side with a elbow before bring their face down on his knee.

TWC: 1,562

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Sharingan, it was an ability that only came out during times of great conflict and strife for the user. No one had expected Rakutsu to awaken it here, not now. Through force of will and increased aptitude he made his way through the bullies like a hot knife through butter. One by one he managed to take them down. When he finally arrived at the leader he snapped his arm like a dry twig, then sending him flying into his friends. The boy let out a yell as he fell into the street, kicking up dust and debris. The boy wailed as he grabbed his arm. "W-what! What! How!" the leader boy managed to rise to his feet and tried to run alongside his lackeys.

But Rakutsu wouldn't let them off so easily, his continued assault lead to all of the boys becoming battered and bruised, a broken nose here and there. The boys had no chance in fighting back, not against Rakutsu. With the increased adrenaline of the situation and the awareness and reaction time of the Sharingan he proved to be an excellent fighter. After a while of him beating upon them, they managed to escape, separating that way Rakutsu couldn't follow all of them. Before he would feel compelled to chase them down, he would hear the cries from Hayate, sobbing into his knees. However the boy would look up at him and smile the widest smile he'd ever seen. "Thank you. Thank you so much.. no ones ever protected me. Thank you Rakutsu, really." he said before digging his face into his knees and crying happy tears once again.

The sun was finally beginning to set in the village, hues of red and orange painted the landscape but other than the sound of wind brushing through the cheers the only sound was Hayate's happy sobs. Whether Rakutsu would ever realize or not didn't matter, he had changed the life of Hayate in a way that he could never imagine. He was given a sense of security, that even without Rakutsu these guys could be beaten back. He wouldn't always have to be subject to his tormentors cruelty, he just needed to fight back.

Uchiha Rakutsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rakutsu watched as the bullies ran down the street with their tails between their legs. They were most likely running home to cry to their parents and to tell them that some kid beat them up for no reason just to cover their own asses. With the fight over, the tomoe in his eyes vanished returning to his normal red eyes. He placed a hand to his eye as if it was in pain as a wave of exhaustion ran through him as the toll of the awakening finally caught up to him. What the hell was that?! It was the question he kept asking himself not knowing how that surge of power came to be.

The sound of Hayate's crying made him put the question away until later so he can attend to the crying boy. "Don't think your getting off that easy. You still need to do that favor for me." He said without facing the body. He didn't protect the body for free, but it wasn't his money he wanted. With everything finally over with he can finally have the kid do what he wanted him to do from the start. "I want you to become a student at the academy." He said finally turning around to face the crying boy.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hayate looked up to him between sniffled cries and shook his head. "I- i'm not strong enough. I'm not like you, I can't ever do that. Some people.. are just born weak, others are born strong.." In between broken breaths he rose to his feet, the day had continued to get darker with the beginnings of twilight upon them. "I'm not strong.. but maybe.. Who am I kidding.. I could never be as strong or as cool as you. Hopefully they just leave me alone." he said letting out a heavy and broken sigh as he finally managed to contain his tears. Wincing in pain as he felt his ribs he looked over to Rakutsu and asked, "You're not hurt are you? I saw them hit you a few times.. I just wasn't strong enough to help.. Even if I owe you, I don't really thin--" he boy looked do the ground, cutting himself off.

He stayed silent for a few moments, the boy had always considered himself weak. Situations like this just reaffirmed that to him, but he had said he'd do anything. And he was no liar. In between gritted teeth he looked up at Rakutsu.. "You're right.. I should join the academy. I might never be strong, I might always be weak.. but I don't want to ever not try. I want people to say, Hayate might be weak but he never gives up. Because you know? That will be my strong. Thank you Rakutsu.. Thank you so much." he said as he wiped some of the snot with his sleeve. "My house is just down the road, i'd let you in but if my mom knows we were fighting she'd punish us.."

Uchiha Rakutsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"True be told I'm not as strong as some of my other classmates. Besides, it's not like the students at the academy are the strongest in the village." Rakutsu said hoping that it would give Hayate a bit of a confidences boost. He wanted Hayate to do this for him because if he didn't than this will just keep happening for the rest of his life. Right now he still had a chance to turn it all around, but it won't be there forever. He needed to take it will its still here.

"Don't worry about me." He said lifting up his shirt half way showing the park of his chest where the leader kicked him. "Their attacks weren't strong enough to faze me like a mosquito bite would. It was seeing you hurt that got me pissed off." The fact that there wasn't even a bruise on his chest or anywhere else on his body proved that to be fact. "I'll see you to your house if that's ok with you. Maybe I can convince your mom that none of this is your fault so that she doesn't punish you." He said while offering his shoulder to Hayate in case he needed help walking. Honestly, he didn't think his mom will let him off the hook, but it was still worth a shot. If Hayate did get punished than he will need to take it with his head held high and proud.

As for the academy, he was sure that this was the beginning of a journey for Hayate.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back