Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Chapter 2: The Awakening [Private]

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Creak -- that was the sound that woke me from my slumber. Swimming through the heavy cobwebs of my subconscious I tried to rise to the world of the waking. I was successful and as I rouse I began to regret my decision. All I could feel was pain, it felt like someone was stabbing my brain reputedly to create a dull throb directly behind my eyes that matched my heartbeat. Wincing, I was forced fully into awareness. I refused to open my eyes, too afraid that if I did the pain would only increase. Trying to work past the headache, I began to notice more about my surroundings. The thing I was on was moving, the vibrations ran up my body and into my bones. I didn't know why I was on such a thing considering the last thing I remembered was... nothing, I could remember nothing past waking up a few seconds ago. Before I could ponder the implications of what that meant a wave of sound crashed into me. Everything was loud it blotted out everything else. I could barely hear my own thoughts over the noise. The throbbing in my head only got worse sending stabs of pain into my brain. Flinching back into whatever I was laying on I brought one of my hands up to cover my ear that wasn't pushed into the thing I was laying on. As I tried to block out the noise I realized that the thing I was laying on was also making some -- a rhythmic thumping. I also came to realize that whatever I had my head against was warm though rough. Someone's lap or leg I guessed. Whoever it was, was making my hearing easier to control. If I concentrated on what now I thought to be their heartbeat I could block out the outside noise. Snuggling into the noise blocker I began to talk. "Excuse me," I said gently, still refusing to open my eyes "Why is it so loud? Who are you?" Pausing for a second I realized an even more important question "Who am I?"

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn’t supposed to be that way, Jien thought as they had reached the City of Kurosawa. He had the old cart driver make the final arrangements of their stay in some inn near the outskirts. He didn’t want to appear rich and take up the prime hotels. He needed to be consistent with the backstory. They were just a traveling brother and sister, who could make ends meet enough for a few days of hopefully joining the festivities in the city. As such, he had to stave off any appearance of someone from a militarised country. Still, it was earlier that he noticed the girl’s even breathing. He was glad, at first, before a sudden trail of worry washed over him. He wasn’t as confident as before, regarding this whole assignment of training and raising the candidate given to him.

It was then when he felt a gentle squirm and a voice. From underneath his coat, he felt Tyki move and peek outside to look up at him and signal that the girl was awake now. Glad to know that the slug’s tantrum ended, Jien slowly uncovered the girl from under his coat to find her lying form on the cart with her head on his lap. He took in a deep breath before smiling at her and patting her head for a bit.

“Easy there… Kei,” said Jien in a warm voice. “You’re probably still feeling fuzzy.”

Prior to this, he had made sure to apply medical jutsu on her body in order heal her bruises. However, he knew that the after effects of manipulating her memories would take a few more days to fully go away. Hopefully, the headache wasn’t as bad it should be. He had never done it before, but he remembered his master once tell him how difficult it would be to the point of altering more than just one’s memory. In fact, if that person would even forget how to breathe… that could potentially leave them gasping for air but internally refusing to.

Placing his hand on her forehead as they would lock eyes, he added, “Don’t worry. Big brother’s here. You don’t have to feel alone anymore.” Then, almost as if on cue, Tyki joins in, jumping onto Jien’s shoulder to perch on and look down at Saki… who is now Kei. He waves with a smile before he settles on Jien’s head once more.

At that point, the old cart driver returns with news that their lodging was now accepted. So Jien would wrap Kei in his coat and lift her up in bridal style fashion before jumping down from the cart. Thanking the cart driver, he would make his way to the inn. “We’ve just arrived in Kurosawa but it’s best to get you resting some more.” Inside and up the stairs, they would enter a small room with two beds. There, he would place Kei gently on the bed and check her temperature. Tyki jumps down to the stand next to her bed stand while Jien goes over to pull the curtains over the window.

“If you’re feeling bad, just say so. Tyki, here, will help you. Uh… Kei-chan…” said the blue slug as he gamely sat by the edge of the bed stand to watch over her. Jien returned once more, sitting on the opposite bed while facing Kei was laid down. He was a bit nervous but he wouldn’t let it show on his face. “Is there anything you want to say… or ask, Kei?”

[Topic Entered]

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei, that was her name. Or that is what the man whose lap she rested on called her at least. She rolled the name around in her mind until she decided she liked. That did not mean it was familiar. She had foolishly assumed that with the utterance of her name some of her memories would return. Alas, it appeared she was wrong. Her brother was right about her still feeling funny. His hand on her forehead was pleasing as it soothed some of her headaches away. Making her think of cold water which caused her to press further into it. So this man is my older brother she thought to herself. The soothing of some of the pain resulted in her discovering something strange when she pointed her head towards his shoulder the taste of oranges and smell of honeysuckle resulted, the mix was a strange one and she had no idea where it came from. It didn't help that she refused to open her eyes to see what had caused it Kei was too afraid of the pain worsening if she exposed her eyes to light. She was about to say something to brother about it when she felt someone approach them. They felt like a moving piece of well-loved worn paper that wrinkled with every step. The sensations were beginning to make her afraid. Kei didn't believe that this type of awareness was normal.

She was about to say something about it to her brother, but she was picked up before she could. Squeaking in surprise, she grabbed onto her brother's shirt. As he explained where they were, the name meant nothing to her, the sound of his footsteps changed going from being muted to a thudding. They must have entered some type of establishment. The further into the establishment they went the less her head hurt. By the time he laid her down on something soft the throbbing was almost gone. She was about to brave opening her eyes when the orange/honeysuckle mix spoke. So the mixes name was Tyki and it seemed to care for her. Maybe it was another family member, she thought to herself. Kei knew it wasn't human, but that didn't mean it was any less a part of their family. That was when she felt something begin to tickle her arms. It didn't hurt, but she was sure the sensation wasn't coming from her. Before she asked her brother the questions she wanted to she decided to try and open her eyes. She wanted to see his responses.

Opening her eyes was a significant mistake she could have made. Light blazed across her retinas blinding her. Her headache went from barely their to pounding in the back of her head like a drum. She jerked back and began to whimper pitifully. It hurt, it hurt like nothing else she had ever felt. The pain wasn't stopping or slowing instead it kept growing and growing, like a monster that used her suffering to create more and more. Kei scrambled for a pillow as she recognized she was going to scream finding one she buried her face in it and tried to hold herself back. Screaming would only distress her brother more than her actions already were. She tried to condense the pain up instead pushing it into a small space in the back of her mind where it would be easier to control. The exercise was failing, however, the pain was growing faster then she could manage. As a last-ditch effort, she imagined taking the pain and expelling it into the pillow. That worked on removing her pain but it also did something she was not expecting. The pillow she was holding split into sections as if it had been cut apart by a knife causing the pieces to fall onto the bed. Keeping her eyes firmly shut she turned and towards the other human in the room. "Brother, what was that?" she asked just as a wave of exhaustion made her slump onto the bed but not knock her out.
-------
[WC: 690]
[MFT]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Jien waited for her to respond, something terrible occurred. The girl began to stir in pain. Immediately, Jien went over to hold her but as he did, he could feel a strange power emanating from her. He could feel the chakra pulse intensify and rage. For a moment, his heart skipped a beat, a dreaded feeling wash over him as he thought about how heartless he could be to allow her to suffer in such a way. He did not wish for her to suddenly be plunged into this strange sensation that was seemingly ripping her apart from within. All the while, his Jyukkai power could sense that it was something far more than what the chakra pulse would show, as if an unintended consequence of ripping apart her memories had created a hole within her space and now the unknown was surging towards her, trying to fill in the gap.

“I’m sorry,” said Jien, as he patted her back, letting his hand caress gently against her as she was slowly regaining composure, though he shock from the event was still quite obvious on her face. He let his eyes cast down on the shredded pillow before he lifted her head, letting her face him and then embraced her. “I’m not sure but whatever it is, you won’t be alone. I’ll be right here to help you. I promise, Kei.”

Tyki looked on from the side table. He let his eyes gaze from the pillow and to Jien as his thoughts began to form a plan. “I think she’s adapting well. She is strong. But it can be dangerous and she might be scared if we’re not careful. Maybe, it would be best if we can help her find a companion to help her in this. I mean, even if you and I are there, there is still a chance that we cannot really comprehend the scenario she’s into. However, the bond between a contract master and the contract summon lies in a strange part of one’s life, almost soul-bound, just like ours. So, maybe if she has her own, she will have someone to support her and even help her calm and learn to train this newfound power. What do you think?”

“Is that really how you work?” Asked Jien, realising that this was the first time he had heard about this. Then again, he did think he was just babysitting Tyki when he got him, but to think that there would be a far more surreal bond that linked them would be unnerving to the initiated, and frankly, Jien was beginning to realized that perhaps that was the reason their timing and partnership was doing quite well.

Looking back at Kei, he would brush through her hair. Even if that would be the best solution, he wasn’t willing to let her be pushed too far. After all, it appeared as though his Jyukkai intervention had already created something unexpected. “Well, for now, it’s best to let her rest. Maybe let her think about it too.” Raising her chin to let her look at him, he would ask, “What would you like to eat? I can go and get some for you. You must be famished. Letting out your chakra can take its toll in your system.”

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei almost purred as she felt a hand run along her back. The simple comfort of having another person touching her helped her stabilize herself, even if she was getting little shocks from the touch. Easily going along with Jien’s movements she wrapped him in a tired hug. As he spoke she felt something solidify deep inside her. Sighing she burrowed closer to the person she would call brother. He smelled like some type of egg mixed with gun oil. The scents should not have gone together, but on this person it was comforting. Leaning against him felt like leaning against a warm pillar of steel. Something tugged at her skin reaching out the person next to her. Gasping quietly she felt something jerk in her chest as she felt invisible strings bind them together. The person that was her brother, he would protect her, and he wouldn’t leave her alone. The last statement sunk into her filling a part of her she didn’t know was empty. She would do the same for him, he would never have to be alone. Following him to the end of the earth was the least she would do for him. The second he had promised to not leave her alone he had become her sun. Kei’s guiding light, one that if it were to disappear would throw her into chaos. On some level, she understood that what she was doing was dumb that it would kill her one day but that was minuscule compared to the part of her that longed for companionship.

As she snuggled closer she listened to what Brother’s contract summons was saying. Having someone, or thing, around would be nice. Something to help seal the newly realized hole inside her that Brother had filled. Someone who would help her deal with the pain opening her eyes caused. Kei had yet to open her eyes again and had little desire to do so. “Brother I want one.” she said pleadingly to Jien “I don’t want to be alone.” She had no recollection of when she had been alone but she knew, knew to her very core, that she would do anything to never be lonely again.

She felt a warm blanket settle over her as a hand brushed through her hair. Feeling raw she didn’t want Brother to leave but she could feel hunger gnawing at her stomach. “You smell like some kind up egg thing. Can you get that?” she asked. In her mind it made sense, he should know what he smelled like.

Before he could leave she lunged to catch his sleeve. Not being able to see meant she overreached herself and ended up sprawled on the bed. Almost falling off of it. “Please don’t leave,” she begged. When she thought of him leaving her body seized up in panic. “At least stay with me until I’m asleep.” she pleaded. Righting herself so that she could go to sleep without falling off the bed.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei was really pitiful. Jien couldn’t help but feel his heart tear apart at what has come to pass. To render a girl that showed signs of independence and feistiness into someone who was even afraid to be left alone was just heartbreaking. He held her hand as she gripped on his shirt, feeling the tremble of her hand. If there was anything he could do to help ease her pain, he would definitely do it, but alas, there was nothing from his medical just repertoire that he could think of that could cure this malady. Instead, he knew that the best recourse was to strengthen her resolve, her confidence and her own self-identity. After all, with the lack of identity, there was definitely a lack of one’s own soul to push through with the challenges of life.

Gently, he would press on her hand until she let go and he patted her head. “Don’t be afraid. I’ll be right back. I promised that I would never leave you alone, so trust me that I will return,” he said as he would reassure her and then looked at Tyki. “Tyki, stay here and keep her company. I’ll be back shortly.”

The blue slug would nod his head and then jump from the side table until he climbed over Kei’s shoulder and gently patted against her cheek. “It’s okay. I’m here. I’ll keep you safe until Jien returns. Besides, just think of all the delicious food he’ll bring back,” he gave a quick slurping sound, “Oh, oh! Don’t forget okonomiyaki!”

Jien smiled at the slug’s words before he glanced at Kei one last time before stepping out of the room. He would then go downstairs to talk with the innkeeper about their menu. Hopefully there would be something nutritious enough to order. Meanwhile, Tyki went back to massaging Kei with his cool appendage-for-hands and spoke, “So, did you just say that Jien smelled like eggs? Hehehe…”

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei felt something rip inside of her when she asked Jien to stay. It didn’t hurt as much as she expected but it was still an unpleasant situation. She was beginning to realize that whatever she was feeling was slightly removed from her. She felt whatever it was but it wasn’t sharp or well defined, kind of like an echo. When she was more awake and less panicky she would have to ask about it. Once she felt Jien’s hand push her own she was quick to remove it. Upsetting brother was the last thing she wanted to do. Leaning into his hand she felt run through her hair. Of course, he wouldn’t abandon her, she had been foolish to think otherwise. Letting him go she laid back down in a more comfortable position exhaustion hitting her once her fears were assuaged. She felt Tyki approach her and begin to pet her. “Brother smells like some kind of egg thing.” she said plainly “What’s okonomiyaki?“ She didn’t remember hearing that word anywhere. “And do you really think I can have someone like you?” she asked her brothers bonded “I want someone who won't leave me.” She asked this question as a reassurance more than anything else. It was about then that exhaustion truly hit her. The rest in the wagon wasn’t nearly enough to counter her, unknown, removal and the release of her emotions hadn't helped. She could barely keep awake long enough to hear Tyki’s response before she basically passed out. Her last thought was that she hoped Brother would return soon when she woke up she would be very hungry.

When Kie woke up brother had still not returned and her animal companion had gone missing as well. Her hunger was also still existent. This would not do, she got out of bed and prepared to brave the outside world in order to hunt the pair down. Finding food was also on the top her to-do list.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back