Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Chimeralicious! [Open]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo leaned his cheek against his knuckle as he stared down at the book before him. His family had made it rather clear that the young man needed to take some initiative. Up until now he had coasted on the skills he had trained as a child, as well as the abilities granted him by Haruki and Aitouka. But if he didn't put in some effort to better himself, he would fall behind the younger generation, or worse, his future enemies.

So today he was learning about his Kinjutsu. With paperwork from the hospital, Tomo was able to convince a librarian to grab resources on Chimeras from the protected records section. Unfortunately there was only one book that would provide him any sort of answers. It was very general, but it was a start. Reading through a few known abilities of a Chimera, he finally understood what happened during his battle with Aitouka at the end. He had drained her life energy to sustain his own while they were being electrocuted by his Lightning jutsu. He would have to practice to keep it in check so he didn't accidently suck out the life of an ally...especially Saeko.

Flipping the page, he saw mention of the gift to take in a single ability of a person and use it as his own. That seemed like a rather risky ordeal. But it did mention the theoretically he could in turn seal that ability he stole. That could come in handy if he ever faced another shinobi. He would certainly master this one...somehow. He wasn't sure who he could test it on. It wasn't something that could be done on a dummy, or a normal person even. And it would be rather awkward to approach a fellow comrade and ask if he could suck out their talents. Tomo placed the side of his finger over his mouth as he pondered on this predicament.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was another day for Yuu as he entered the library again not only to study more jutsu but because of Yuri's urging during his sleep, he wanted to study more about parasitic creatures similar to a spider. With the directions the librarian gave to him, he went to a section about creatures in Kumogakure and grabbed a few books and scrolls from them. But as he sat down on a nearby table and spent a few minutes reading through a few books, he only found nothing similar or close to Yuri's species, much to dismay.

"Just when I think Yuri could be more mysterious, he managed to be more enigmatic. I can't even find his species. Sure, he is similar to a spider, but I know spiders can't be parasitic and take over humans." As he thought of this, he continued to read more of the books and scrolls he had until he found nothing from all of them. "It's even more ironic that he also has no idea who he really was." After he got out of his seat and returned the books and scrolls to their proper shelves, he went to another section to find about parasitic creatures until he noticed someone with his hair that was medium blue on the right and black on the left with it transitioned into gold as it gone down to his long hair reading the books. What made him noticed that man was the right portion of his hair and his face, which reminded him a lot of Tama, who while not responsible for the reason the spider parasite was within him, she sometimes annoyed him with the nickname she often gave to him.

While he did want to investigate about Yuri's origins, he did want to know more about the man as he slowly walked behind him. Yet once he saw him closer, he noticed what the man was reading, which he noticed a word that he became completely curious about. "Kin-jutsu? Never heard of that before." Unfortunately for him, Yuu spoke up instead of thinking as he was completely distracted from the book.

[Topic entered]

(OOC: Hope you don't mind, but Yuu didn't even meet Tomo up close before. Also, hope you don't mind me trying out a new quote font style since this takes place after Yuu is aware of Yuri after he woke up and gave him a name. Though I won't mention too much about the events from the ongoing topics due to obvious reasons.)

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo looked up, his eyes wide. He stared at the young boy in silence. Shit. Should I have been more secretive with my studying? I can't imagine teaching a little child about forbidden techniques would be a smart move. ...On the other hand, I did happen to blab about it to at least three other children. And to be fair, the forbidden aspect has lessened here in Kumogakure, with the proper registration that is. Hmm... As Tomo pondered whether he should give this boy an explanation, a woman's voice chimed in his mind. Teach him about explosions instead! Tomo's face fell in annoyance. We're in a library, there will be no explosions in here, aside from the explosive volume of a librarian shushing us.

The Mochizuki regained focus and finally spoke. "Ah...yes. Forbidden abilities...sort of. Honestly, kids your age should be practicing their body switches and basic clones. This kind of thing...I dare say it shouldn't even be for adults. There's a price to pay, at least for most of us." He figured there might be someone out there with skills that didn't have any notable drawbacks. His, however, certainly did, what with the losing his true self and body morphing. Sure, it came with strength, but was power really enough to justify the mental turmoil that plagued him every day? If not for his girlfriend, Tomo might have given up hope on a lot of things in life.

Shaking his head to remove the negative thoughts, as Saeko hated Tomo's self-loathing, the man laced his fingers together and placed his chin upon them. "But since you have my attention, is there something I can assist you with?" Normally Tomo wouldn't be so helpful without someone asking him, but he could only imagine Sonoko lecturing him on the importance of educating the youth, and that if he was so bothered by the rash natures of the children these days, he should do something about it and actually teach them the path of patience.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
To his shock, the man noticed his presence, which made him realized his mistake too late as he covered his mouth in shock. But to his surprise, the man explained little about the Kinjutsu he just blurted out. While he learned they're actually forbidden techniques, Yuu felt a little offended that he called him a little kid who should practice basic shinobi stuff. "Excuse me! For your information, I'm an official shinobi who graduated from the Academy at the age of 9!" He said while he kept his voice down to make sure the librarian won't scold him before he showed his forehead protector tied around his left arm near his shoulder. "I even have a protector as proof! Sure, I'm still a Genin, but I managed to beat some criminals in my solo missions!"

But as he tried to show the man that he's not just some newbie kid, he heard his own voice saying his name in his head which his tone was not in his usual cold tone, but somehow mixed with sarcasm. While he can't able to communicate Yuri while awake, he did learn that he can hear him saying nothing but his name, which he secretly rolled his eyes at his tone to this. However, his short anger became dispersed when the man asked what he can assist him with something, which he realized this would be a good time to ask about his own problem. "Well, I'm looking for a book about parasitic creatures around Kumogakure. Do you know where it is?"

As he asked this, Yuu then wondered about something. Why in a world that man was reading about forbidden abilities? Did he need something from that book? And more importantly, why in a world did Kinjutsu was aware in Kumogakure in the first place? Regardless, Yuu knew he needed to ask more about Kinjutsu and why that man was studying about it after he assisted him.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo sighed lightly at Yuu's outburst. I'm too late. Granted, with some work Tomo might be able to correct this lad's prideful nature, but the Mochizuki didn't feel like putting that much effort into it when little gain could be seen on his end. The boy mentioned that he was looking for a book on parasites, and Tomo cocked an eyebrow. "Ah. No, I can't say I do know where such information can be found. My studies have never even remotely included such a topic." He looked up for a moment to contemplate something before returning his gaze to the boy. "I would assume a medical professional might be able to help. Parasites are something they have to deal with. You could also try someone with Aburame blood, but I don't think their bugs are parasites per se. They are more...symbiotic I believe is the word." Tomo was obviously straining to recall that last bit of information. It had been a long time since he'd studied the bloodlines, not since his academy days. Gosh I'm old. The man made a mental reminder to go over his old notes about bloodlines when he returned home.

Tomo stared at the boy for a moment as he debated whether he wanted to know the reasoning for this desire for parasitic knowledge. On the plus side, he would be fully aware if this kid was some freak bent on spreading parasites throughout the village. On the negative side, he would probably have to do something about it if he knew. It was best to leave it to whatever insect expert had the pleasure of meeting this child. Believing the conversation completed, Tomo returned to reading his book.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
With the man explained he has no knowledge about parasites nor a book about it before he gave him the advice to turn to a medical professional or someone from Aburame Clan, Yuu groaned to a fact nobody can help him with his parasite problem. However, he regretted about asking about as the man stared at him for a moment. Yet just as he closed the book, the young Genin knew it would be a good time to ask about Kinjutsu. "If you just told me not to learn about Kinjutsu since they have drawbacks, then why are you studying them? I thought Kinjutsu are, you know, forbidden."

As he said this, he wondered to himself if having a parasite inside was considered to be a Kinjutsu, which he was joking, of course. However, he regretted about it too late when he suddenly felt a small pain in his head, which was Yuri's way to tell him to shut it as he clutched his head in annoyance.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo lifted a finger and opened his mouth in preparation to scold the boy for his prying. However, he paused. Honestly, the kid had a point. It seemed rather hypocritical for someone to say not to do something while doing it in front of them. Like an old man puffing a cigar but telling the kid beside him not to smoke. Tomo's face softened a bit. He would explain, at least enough for the lad to understand. He looked down at the book and flipped the page. "There are Kinjutsu that one chooses to acquire...and there are ones that are within a person's genetics. The one I possess was dormant within me for much of my life, awakened forcibly during an unfortunate event a few years back. After that incident, I tried to pretend like my condition didn't exist. But that only meant I had no control over it the next time it triggered." Tomo looked back to Yuu. "I am not necessarily studying to further my power, but more to manage it. I don't wish to harm those I care about due to my ignorance." You harmed me Trap. Tomo's eyebrow twitched. I don't care about you. Besides, you were the one who attacked me first.

Tomo flipped the page again and saw mention of the potential to awaken all of his absorbed abilities at once. He thought that might be possible, but wasn't sure if it would be in his best interests. If he let loose, would that affect his mind? Would Haruki and Aitouka merge together with him, body and mind? Tomo looked up again. "If you are forcibly awakened to a Kinjutsu, specifically the same as mine, then perhaps I will discuss more with you. But I don't wish for you to seek out such things. Cursed power will do you more harm than good."

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Just as Yuu thought after he asked that hypothetical question, the man then read through the book aloud about Kinjutsu before he explained how dangerous these abilities are. As he heard this, he completely understands why he had to study them. While most abilities are meant to be trained further, these type of abilities like Kinjutsu must be trained to be controlled. "I see. No wonder why they are forbidden. After hearing that, I'm hoping I won't learn or encounter those type of abilities." But just as he can thank him for his explanation, he suddenly felt pain in his head as his own voice spoke up, "Hang on, Yuu. I have some questions on my own about this matter."

Realizing that the voice can fully speak other than his name, Yuu knew one thing about this as he noticed he can't move his arms. "Wait, what?! No, Yuri! Not in front of a stranger!" With the pain grew stronger, Yuu only dropped his knees as he started to lose control to the parasite once more. "I know the risks, but I need to know how dangerous these abilities are and my worries about how will they affect me inside you. Just... Give me a few minutes." Seeing that he had a good point, Yuu decided to give in to his wishes. "Fine, but after a few minutes, I'm taking over whether you like it or not."

With that, Yuu quickly fell unconscious as he fell to the floor and before the man can help him, he managed to stand up as he revealed his now darker blue eyes with slitted pupils with a serious expression on his face, symbolizing that Yuri was in control. "Sorry about that. But I need to know how dangerous Kinjutsu are if they fallen into the wrong hands."

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Believing his clarification acceptable, Tomo returned his attention to the book. He had finished the small section pertaining to his Kinjutsu, and was merely rereading it for good measure. After a quick skim, he heard a light thump from the other side of his table. He stood up and looked down to see the boy passed out on the floor, though he didn't stay that way for long. He rose and glared at Tomo with eerie eyes. The Mochizuki scowled. "If you think that little trick will convince me to change my mind, you are sorely mistaken. If anything, it makes me think you have your own issues you can't control." Tomo slammed his book closed and handed it to a passing librarian. "Please return this to the appropriate section." The man looked at the book briefly before giving a nod. Tomo again faced Yuu, his patience waning. "You already know the answer to your question. Any jutsu that falls into the wrong hands is trouble, whether it's forbidden or not." Tomo turned his gaze away from Yuu. "Listen kid. Relish your childhood. Don't be so quick to grow up and learn about the horrors of this world. You'll learn of them eventually, whether you like it or not, so enjoy the time you have when the only thing you have to worry about is the occasional bandit mission. Once you grow up, there's no going back." As he let his words sink in, Tomo pondered on when he'd become such an old fuddy-duddy. It felt like only yesterday that he was receiving these lectures, now he was the one dishing them out. At least Sonoko would be proud.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As soon the man gave him a full lecture about his childhood and how dangerous these forbidden abilities like Kinjutsu, Yuri just frowned at his explanation as he didn't care about that stuff considering he's only a parasite who only possessing a young boy like Yuri. "Right, I'll just pass that lesson to Yuu sometimes. But you're right, even if what you called Kinjutsu sounded powerful, I believe they would be a danger to me." As he said this to the man since he knew he was oblivious about his true self, he sat down on a nearby chair and pulled out Yuu's notebook before he wrote something down in it. "Besides, I realized now I wanted to be here in the first place."

With that said, he let himself fell unconscious to give his body back to Yuu. However, since he knew he was still oblivious about what Yuu called a "split personality", Yuri knew he needed to play a trick for his host a little while thanks to his shared memories and the fact he looked familiar in Yuu's eyes. "By the way, have you heard of Tama-san?" Since he didn't want to hang around to hear the man's reaction, Yuri fell unconscious to the table and after a few seconds, he woke up with normal eyes, revealing a confused Yuu. "Oww... At least, he made me sit this time..." He muttered, unknown what the parasite did this time.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo crossed his arms and tilted his head, finding that this conversation had taken an odd turn. The way the kid was speaking was different, far more authoritative, and Tomo didn't like it. Sure, he was used to kids talking this way to him, as his appearance and general demeanor made him seem weak to even academy students. But something about this exchange was ticking him off. Eventually the subject of Tama came up, and Tomo's already perturbed look intensified. "If you are referring to Mochizuki Tama, then not only have I heard of her, but I have the great misfortunate of being related to her." There was no hiding Tomo's disdain for his now dark-skinned twin. He placed a hand on his hip. "Why do you ask?"

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Just as the man quickly replied about Tama, Yuu became confused at what he said since he wasn't the one who asked. "Tama? Why did I ask?" He repeated as he looked around until his eyes widened when he saw his own notebook, which has now written:

"Just told him about that dreadful Tama person you've mentioned. Sorry.
Yuri."

Realizing what he just meant, Yuu became very annoyed at the parasite's early question. "Yuri... Why did you have to ask that question to him SO EARLY?!!" But his voice was so completely loud, that a librarian came and quickly shush him as a warning, causing him to whispered out of fear, "Sorry..." After that short interruption, he knew he had no choice but to tell everything about her to that man. "Y-Yeah. She's actually was my sensei and my exam proctor for my Genin Exam. Also, I don't blame you. Although the only thing she ever does something annoying like calling me "Punctual-kun" and made me run away from a mountain lion from that said exam, she did get the bad side of Yuri's when she killed most of his own species back in a nearby forest." But when he mentioned his parasite's name unknowingly, he realized his mistake too late as he covered his mouth out of panic.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo closed his eyes, taking in all that the boy was saying. Fortuitously the man had paid attention to the blathering of his family, and was able to piece things together. Punctual-kun was Kashino Yuu, as was translated by Sonoko one day. The lion incident was relayed to him by Tama, who was proud of herself for being so clever with her exam. He also recalled her prattling about bugs in the forest that she squashed. Tomo opened his eyes and gave Yuu a stern look. "I see. I assume this 'Yuri' is one of the bugs inside you? That's why you wanted to know about parasites?" His face shifted to one of confusion. "Wait...you named it? You realize parasites do harm to their hosts, right? I really don't think you want to get attached to it. Especially if it has already proven it can take you over if it wishes." Tomo massaged his temple. "I really think a trip to the hospital would be in your best interests. They should be able to flush the thing out of you." Maybe... Tomo knew nothing of parasites, but he found it peculiar that it could affect the boy's mind. At least when Haruki took over, the worst he wanted to do was sexually assault Tomo's sister. This bug...it could prove a bit more vindictive, especially if it wanted information about Kinjutsu. Getting rid of it seemed the best course of action.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As soon Tama's brother put the pieces together after he heard his accidental mentioning of his parasite's name, Yuu just sheepishly laughed when he asked a few question about his situation. "Yeah, the same one who tried to ask you more about Kinjutsu earlier. And yes since he also had no clue what his species are exactly." When the man quickly asked why did he named the parasite and warned him about it, Yuu knew it would be the crazy explanation to tell to him. "Yeah, it's better than calling him "spider" all the time. And I don't have to worry about him taking over and hurting me a lot considering he only wants my body just to look around the village and rest inside my mind after I managed to get my body back by willpower. Besides, calling him out or possessing my body during my battles often irritate him."

And when Tama's brother then told him he needed to go to a hospital, Yuu just groaned as a reply since he already done that. "I would, but Yuri already warned me that if he's gone from my body, I will be the same as him."

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo sighed. This kid was really something. "Well, I can't force you to go if you don't want to. But I would highly recommend it." He placed a hand on the table. "However, know this." The man lowered himself so his face was level with Yuu. His expression was solemn and his words heavy. "If that bug turns on you, and you become a threat to the village, I will end your life. Then you will realize how terrifying a Kinjutsu can be." The last bit was an empty threat. Tomo would not use his Chimera skills in such an unnecessary way. But the rest of his words were honest. He would defend his family and friends, even if it meant slaying a child. Tomo straightened, allowing his face to soften a bit. "But I will not stand in your way if this is the path you wish to take. I advise you tread carefully though." Tomo began to walk away, but turned after a few steps. "Oh, and stay away from Tama. She's a bad influence." With those words, Tomo left Yuu to choose his path.

[Topic Left]

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Just as he finished explaining about his clinging parasite problem, Tama's brother sighed at this. Yuu knew it would be impossible to remove Yuri out of his system without risking his life, so he had no choice but to live with this. However, the man lowered his head to Yuu's and warned him that he will kill him if his parasite will go rogue with his Kinjutsu. This made him not only scared for the first time as a shinobi outside a mission, but because he realized how scary trying to protect something if there was something inside him that will kill anyone. But, the man told him he will not intervene his own choices with an advice that he will tread carefully to his current path before he walked away. "Yeah, I'll try to keep that in mind. No, I'll make sure Yuri won't go rogue and kill anyone! I managed to stop him once, I'll make sure he won't become a complete monster!"

But before the man completely walked away, he warned the young Genin to stay away from his sister as she was a bad influence on everyone, causing him to show a sheepish expression. "Yeah, thanks for the tip," He answered, hoping that he won't run into her ever again for Yuri's sake. But after the man left, Yuu started to wonder after that conversation. If he left Yuri alone for just a second, he became scared at what the parasite can do to his own family or worst, the whole village. Because of this, he made a decision as a result of this. "After I learn about Yuri's species, I'll make sure he won't go to the path where he will become a monster. And I'll make sure Yuri will share my goals and my urge to protect everyone. I swear it."

Because of this, he also left the library to continue his search for Yuri's origins so he can fulfill his goals to prevent his parasite from becoming a threat to Kumogakure.

[Topic Left]

(OOC: Thanks again for a cool RP! Hope we can RP again soon! If you're not busy, of course.)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back