Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[D Rank Modded Mission | The Ghost is Clear | Private]

Nazomeku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“But my patrons! My reviews! My beautiful display of a five-star hotel and bar has been ruined because of these damn ghosts! You must send your best Shinobi to me immediately to get these ghosts taken care of! I won’t approve of anything less than the best!”

Boom. Rather than the traditional small clatter of a phone hanging on a hook, this lady slammed it down. It was evident to the Raikage administration that she was the type to not take no for an answer because she wouldn’t even give you a chance to speak.

Nevertheless, yen is yen and her yen was a bit shinier since she was a respected business owner in the village and kept people happy. At least she did before the ghosts came in and started ruining her business.

The administration team typed up the request and sent it to the Raikage’s desk, just like the hundreds upon hundreds of other requests that they received calls on, day in and day out. Thus is the life of a shinobi and the citizens who serve the Village Hidden in the Clouds. The work was too great for the amount of shinobi they had, and this mythical extinction of chakra in the village was making it harder and harder to find good, honorable chakra users to take up the role of shinobi, Medic, or Anbu in Hidden Cloud.

This particular mission request made the administrator who received it ponder if Ghosts were a real thing. She was short and didn’t give her any details on the phone. She just put in the request. The poor desk lady’s heart hurt for whoever got assigned this mission and had to deal with Ikari-San.
Meanwhile, back at the hotel…​

“Thank you for coming! Please come again whenever you’re in this part of town again.” Ikari-san waved to the frightened couple who just checked out early from their room, again proving the presence of an evil spirit in her hotel. This time Ikari-san was told that the lights flickered off and on in their room multiple times, while the couple was in bed. They thought it was a power surge but that night they both couldn’t sleep and in the middle of the night, they saw two red glowing eyes hovering at about the height of the average man, right in the center of their room.

This wasn’t the only thing that had been reported to Ikari-san when patrons checked out, yet it was the main recurring theme. With every patron who came and went over the past two weeks, her reviews continued to drop. Her bar had emptied out and the hotel that was profitable was slowly starting to turn the corner for the worst. Ikari-san, being the shrewd businesswoman she is, recognized this pattern quickly and decided to nip it in the bud as soon as possible by enlisting the help of the Shinobi. That’s what they were there for after all right?

[WC: (500) 500 / 3000] [PC: 1 / 5]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Tap tap tap'

Suika rhythmically drummed her hand against the wooden surface of her desk.

'Tap tap tap'

She was bored. Missions, lately, had been pretty dull. Her most notable past assignments dealt with guarding a holy place, fighting off supernatural creatures, and even entering in covert missions, but everything lately proved to be the opposite. Recently, she received tasks that consisted of aiding old ladies with gardening, walking large groups of dogs, and even helping kids find their lost bikes. Needless to say, the kunoichi felt like your everyday handyman. She was a task monkey through-and-through. It's not like Suika longed for danger, but her jobs were almost too tedious for her to bare. A small dose of excitement was long overdue.

As she continued to tap on her desk, her window echoed the same. 'Tap tap tap'. A pigeon? The kunoichi dashed toward her window, slid it open, and grasped onto a scroll held by the messenger bird. Revealing its contents, her magenta eyes gleamed with subtle anticipation. “Five star hotel? Ghosts? Finally!” She sighed. As a wave of relief swept her, she readied herself for the mission at hand. Apparently, the lady who requested this duty, Ikari-san, needed a shinobi there promptly. She took heed of this instruction as she slipped on her traditional shinobi get-up, tied her headband around her neck, and set off. It was time to complete a mission!

Being an ex-gypsy, Suika never really had the luxury of staying at some grand hotel, so an aspect of herself was intrigued as she caught sight of its fancy, refined architecture. It almost appeared adorned in gold. Its courtyard fashioned giant fountains as its entrance was decorated with rows of exotic plants. It truly was an exquisite view. As she strolled in, she verified her identity with the doorman by revealing to him her scroll. With a polite nod, he showed her to Ikari-san. Suika's eyes shined again. The resort was stunning. A gallery of artwork, perhaps centuries old, hung along its quality-coated walls. Intricately designed tapestries also magnified the hotel's depth and prestige. Not that she cared much, but the girl was clearly out of place. Is this where the wealthy spent their money? She didn't blame them.

As soon as the ghostly girl approached the hotel's owner, she greeted her with a respectful head bow and introduction. “Hello, Ikari-san. I am Suika of Hidden Cloud. I have been assigned to eliminate this supernatural threat for your establishment.” She was cordial and precise in her greeting. After all, she was only here to get the job done. Hopefully it'd show to be pretty exciting, too. The 11-year old Genin was slightly pumped.

As Ikari-san would engage in mission specs, Suika, with her extra-sensory perception, would keep an eye out for any abnormalities and/or paranormal activity. If youkai what they were truly dealing with, they've proven an immeasurable amount of times how slick and sly they could be. Suika was on her toes and prepared to take any action necessary against the potentially pestering spirits.

[WC: 510/3,000 | Post 1/5]

Nazomeku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The hotel manager scoffed at the arrival of her requested shinobi. She was displeased already with the raikage’s Office for them sending her this child and she was about to let it be known...

“So why are you here truly? You’re nothing but a mere child... I requested a professionally trained shinobi with experience. This is a 100,000 yen monthly operation and revenues have dropped to less than fifty percent. This is unacceptable.”

As she continued on and on, the spirit that had occupied the hotel had realized another entity come inside its vicinity. It too did not seem happy, much like the physical expression that Ikari-San was representing to female shinobi standing before her.

While she spoke, the demon mustered up as much energy as it could from the power source in the building in the basement and from all electrical outlet being used and operated at the time to create a power surge in the hotel. The power would remain out for a while as the demon attempted to intimidate this new spiritual force as much as it could.

The ranting of Ikari-San was silenced as she was reminded again of the whole reason why she requested the help of a shinobi. There was a breathless moment of silence as everyone in the building, the very few who remained, had waited for the power to return. Some weren’t waiting though, a man in a suit almost tap dancing down the steps with his briefcase. He stopped at the lobby desk handing over his key to the attendant, Ikari-San herself, and said “I’m sorry but I can no longer stay here. Please reimburse me for the days that I did not stay. This establishment has faulty power and I cannot get any business done here. I must go.”

Ikari-san apologizes profusely, her entire demeanor changing from bitchy boss mode when she spoke to the shinobi, to polite, kiss-ass customer service. She took care of the man and once he left and her and Suika were alone she gestured for the young girl to come around the desk and step into the office.

“Suika-Chan you said?” she completely broke down in tears. Through her sons she began to explain.
“Ever since my husband died the business has begun to decline. This ghost or spirit, or whatever it is has been haunting this place, causing energy failures throughout the building. There’s also been reports of glowing red eyes in bedrooms at night, an eerie music sound in hallways when it should be silent or just the sound of feet walking on luxury cushioned carpet.” Her tears overcame her as her words stopped.

She hoped that Suika got the memo.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was obvious within the first second that she met the hotel owner that her presence was not wanted. The woman spat rebuke at the girl, or more so the village, for sending them the Genin. It's true that her age and stature sometimes warranted such a response, but the lady did not hold back one bit. Her comments were rude and demeaning. Suika shrugged it off. As someone who traveled different countries as a performer, the ex-gypsy grew accustomed to criticism. Vulgarities, tomatoes, and boo's – she was almost numb to them. If she learning anything on the road, it was that the show must go on. She adopted the same mentality for this situation.

As the woman continued her spiel, the electricity suddenly went out. A power shortage? Suddenly, a wealthy-looking man trampled down the stairs and made known his exit. He appeared very spooked. The kunoichi blank curiously as Ikari attempted to mend the situation. Alas, she made no avail. The man had left. The brash hotel owner gestured Suika to follow her, which she did. Entering her glamorous office, the girl was met with waterworks that rivaled the fountains outside. Ikari was having a breakdown.

“It's okay, Ikari-san...” the girl waved her arms and almost attempted to pat the woman. She decided it was best not to. She continued. “Tell me more about what's going on.” It was then that the mournful manager revealed all the supernatural happenings in the place. The more she explained, the more Suika's face slanted as she pieced information together. “Her husband died and, right after, a spirit began haunting this hotel...” Her mind wandered for a brief moment. It was possible that the ghost was the lingering spirit of her deceased husband, but why would he want to sabotage the hotel's business? That was the part that didn't make sense. It was also possible that the entity was some type of demon who yearned for chaos and to stir negative emotions. Regardless, her message was well-received. Suika was ready to get to work. “No worries, madam. Despite my size, this is actually my area of expertise. This will be handled in a flash.” With an assured nod and the request for a map of the premises, the girl went off to investigate. It was best to be as quick and precise about this as possible. She was also mindful about trying not to break anything in the ghost-capturing process.

-Cue Ghost Busters theme-

Forming a large handheld vacuum from her raw spirituality, Suika equipped herself with an ethereal suction. She wasn't sure if her tool would be able to bind the spirit within its compartment, but hey, it felt cool. The ghostly girl, with her senses sharpened, carefully tip-toed across the halls. She kept look out for any clues or paranormal activity. Within these halls, she was to listen in on the eerie music explained in Ikari's claims. If this sound was to emit, she was to attempt to track the source. If to no avail, she decided to head towards the basement. Ghosts and demons usually thrived in dark places.

“Come, spirit...” she muttered under her breath. She was in ghost-hunting mode. “Face me.” Although Suika was usually serious and didn't care much for activities she deemed trivial, she was actually getting into this. Her role as a ghost buster almost felt like a fantasy. Slowly, but surely, she sank into this role as she anticipated the spiritual hunt she was in. She'd probably laugh at herself about this later.

[WC: 591 | Post 2/5
TWC: 1,101/3,000]

Nazomeku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The time would pass and nothing would happen. The thing about spirits and ghosts was that they were smart too. Although one may have thought it could be the remnants of a soul hat had crossed over it too could’ve been an unconnected incident that was just now rearing it’s ugly head after decades or centuries of lying dormant.

Spiritual beings, truly being on another plane that crossed over with our own needed energy to manifest themselves into our physical realm. It was only so much the spirit could do at certain times, and unfortunately for Suika, the last display of power the spirit eminated that sent the business man scurrying would be its last for a while.

Unlike humans, spirits no longer had a sense of time, so waiting out anyone wasn’t much of a problem, nor waiting for enough energy in the building to make another display.

Timing was everything. Suika would grow bored since this spirit would spend not just one but multiple days in waiting. Ikari-San too would grow impatient.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Suika searched the hallways, the rooms, and even the basement for any clues, all was hushed silent as the ghoul failed to make an appearance. Was it purposefully avoiding her presence? If so, it was a smart little spirit, because she knew she possessed the power to capture it. Nonetheless, she persisted in her supernatural hunt. She looked, and looked, and looked again, but to no avail. Apologizing to Ikari, she managed to get a room for herself at the hotel to have more of a twenty-four hour surveillance. Every day yielded the same results. The ghost, for one reason or another, decided to vanish. Was there paranormal problem solved? The kunoichi doubted it. Whatever this spirit was, it was awaiting its opportune moment to make its grand appearance. Suika had to be crafty, she figured, as a straightforward approach would probably keep the youkai away from her grasps. Determined to see this mission through, the young girl formulated plan. Its details were intricately woven into what she deemed to have the highest success rate. She would not fail.

One morning, Suika gathered her belongings and checked out. As she did, she was to quietly slip Ikari a note. Her words, on the other hand, proved quite contrary to its contents. “I don't see a ghost problem here, Ikari-san. Hidden Cloud has done its best for you. This is farewell.” Her tone and bodily expressions were natural – she gave not a single hint of deceit. The girl then went off her way. If Ikari opened the note, she'd find its contents revealing a different story. It was now up to the woman, too, to aid in this hunt. The mini-scroll read:

Secret Note said:
Dear Ikari-san,

Sorry about that display! It seems this spirit is trying to wait us out, so I had to pretend I was done with this mission to draw it out. Don't worry, though, I have a plan. Tonight, I need you to kick up the generators and host some type of event. A gala of some sort... maybe a tea party. Your choice. I will use my prowess to transform into a noble by the name of Hana. Allow Hana into the event and I will take things from there. We will solve this problem – you have my word.

Signed,
Suika, Genin of Kumogakure

[WC: 391 | Post 3/5
TWC: 1,492/3,000]

Nazomeku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikari-san had quietly enjoyed the days that passed by without any disturbances for once. She was perturbed by this, as it was a non-stop thing since it had begun which drove her patrons crazy along with herself. Since calling in the little one though there was a restored sense of peace and quiet. Tranquility. Unbeknownst to her though it wouldn't last for long. The seconds turned into minutes, the minutes into hours, and the hours into days. Each passing moment Ikari-san seemed to be holding on with bated breath. She thought she would die from suffocation if something ... anything ... didn't happen sooner rather than later.

On the fourth day of waiting, silently, patiently... Suika-chan had made her way over to the lobby desk and turned in her key. Ikari-san's eyes appeared to pop out of her head and yet again the anger got the best of her.

"What in the hell do you mean there's no ghost problem here!? Just because it's been quite for a few days doesn't mean that it's over yet you little brat!" Her words had fell on deaf ears as Suika exited the building. What in the hell was going on? All Iraki-san could think about was calling in a report immediately to the Raikage's Tower to speak with the mission administration team about this half-assed work by their supposedly "qualified," shinobi.

Ikari-san turned and stepped into the office, feeling the key pouch which seemed to be accompanied by a note. As she slowly pulled it out an inner note fell out of the key pouch in the form of a looseleaf sheet of parchment rolled into a tiny scroll. Ikari-san bent at the knee to pick it off the floor and unrolled it quickly. As she brought it up to her face with one hand, her other hand pulled her glasses off her bosom up to the bridge of her nose, as she commonly did when in need of perusing any form of documentation or small print text. Age truly is the undefeated victor.

She read the note and slammed her fist on the table in frustration. "That little cunt. She truly doesn't understand what it means to run a business. Profit or loss statements, operations, anything..."

She continued to mumble on to herself, as her mind went to weigh the pros and cons. The cons were all the financial costs that would accompany throwing a gala like this, especially on such a short notice. It was hard enough to employ the talent in the town to coordinate an event that was months ahead of time, let alone an impromptu event just eight to twelve hours ahead. The most obvious and resonating pro with this exchange was getting the ghost or 'spirit' as Suida-chan put it gone for good and restoring her business to its old glory.

"Kick up the generators?" Iraki-san was trying to put two and two together, without thinking too much about the cost of the electric bill. As she began thinking more tea party, instead of gala, again primarily because of cost, she would call for one of her employees to make her a glass. When it came she would continue to sit there brooding over this, attempting to play connect the dots herself. It was truly remarkable that her short-sightedness kept her from coming to the obvious conclusion, that is the spirit feeds off and uses the electricity to show itself to the world it once inhabited.

Ikari-san would write a letter back to Suida-chan and then call it in to the Administration, who she knew would be able to get it to her immediately.

"Dear Suida-chan, Your plan is brilliant. Yet you have much to learn about running a profitable business. Nevertheless, I agree to host a tea party, in forty-eight hours. That will give me enough time to make it extravagant, such as the style of my establishment, while also giving me some time to see if it returns in your absence. If anything comes up I'll call for you immediately."

[WC: (690) 1,819/3000] [PC: 4/5]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon Suika's exit, the hotel owner, Ikari, appeared very upset. She was a fiery woman, for sure. Suika did not wince at her hurled insult or her angered tone. After all, she had to play the part in case the spirits were watching. It was soon that the kunoichi received a letter back from Ikari. “Perfect.” she thought with an anticipating grin. It was time to prepare herself to exterminate a ghost.

If their plan of action went as intended, the girl would return the night of hosted tea party disguised as a completely different person using her Transformation jutsu. She was now a stocky woman named Hana. She wore a round, rosy dress with an elegant and decorative hat. Her attitude was pompous as her eyes only glanced only downward. Hana, although bulky, portrayed herself as the finest flower in the room. No one around her was worth her presence, but she expected, like hummingbirds, for them to crave it. Suika was into the role. If all went according to the kunoichi's will, she'd check into whatever event Ikari could pull together.

“Hana...” she muttered cockily under her breath. It was time to prepare herself for the climactic events of the night.

If the tea party did not happen and Ikari called Suika earlier, she would arrive as hurriedly as possible and improvise as needed.

[WC: 227 | Post 4
TWC: 1,779/3,000]

Nazomeku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The prescribed time had elapsed and Iraki-san had made all of the necessary arrangements. The night that the letter was sent back to Suida-chan, she got on the phone immediately, calling her old marketing buddy to come over and help her plan this special event.

“Funi-San, is this you? It’s Iraki-san.”
“Yes, this is Funi speaking. How have you been Iraki? I haven’t heard from you in a few years. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your husband from the usual suspects. I wish I was able to console you in some way.”

The mention of the loss of her husband had perturbed her a little, throwing off her focus for the call. Cunningly, she regrouped herself quickly and moved forward with the secret mission of aligning everything just right to get this situation at her hotel taken care of with the least amount of people knowing about it.

“Funs-San, you mustn’t. I appreciate your concern and your well wishes and that is more than enough for me. I’ll have to beat the snot out of our circle of friends to make sure they keep their old droopy mouths shut about my personal business,” they both chuckled before continuing onward. “Well anyway, I’m having a tea party in a couple days, for a select few guests and it’s extremely important to me that it be a marvelous experience. I was wondering if your schedule was free to come over and help me coordinate this event.”

“Give me a moment and let me check my calendar,” she said. Irani-San could hear her put the phone down and shuffle across the floor, flip through some papers and then shuffle back. “Iraki-san, I did have a family gathering to attend in two days but I will cancel and let them know I have a special request from a good friend of mine who needs my immediate attention.”

“No, Funi…if you have plans already then don’t you worry about me. I will have to go to a second tier marketer and event planner to help me put this together and it just won’t have your personal touch on it.” Iraki was clever at using the reverse psychology and indifference to get Funi-san upset and defensive enough to keep following the impulse to help her out and cancel her own plans.

“No Iraki, you won’t. I will help you and as my gift to you in return for the missed opportunity to be there when you needed me most and your husband passed away, I will do this for you free of charge, out of the kindness of my heart.”

“Okay Funi, thank you so much. Can you be at the hotel first thing tomorrow morning? At dawn?”
“Yes, I will be there.”

The phone conversation ended and it was time for them to get to work. Iraki-san put in another call that night to the finest tea company in the town and got a hold of their catering department, which she too already had a personal contact in. The benefits of being an older business woman, was that you knew a lot more people and had a lot more pull when you needed things done.

She was able to get an order placed, also using the pity method, though unintentionally, from her husband’s passing to get a free catered event. This way she could focus on the lighting and special effects with Funi-san to make the event as lively as Suika needed it to be.

There was much for them to do in such a short time.
[The day of the event]​

Iraki-San and Funi-san put together a marvelous display for a total of fifteen guests. The bar had been turned into a tea serving focal point, and the rest of the room was emptied out all but three tables. The three tables were set one south of the bar, one to the west and one to the east of the bar. Each table would have five seats and the instructions given to each visitor was that only they were singularly invited. They couldn’t bring anyone else with them for the made-up reason that it was a high-class networking event. An event designed to be a less formal “networking event,” like the young whipper-snappers used to expand their sphere of influence, but an informal, get to know the other rich players in town, sort of event.

The walls were garnished with strings of white Christmas tree lights, as well as the outside of the hotel itself. Even though it wasn’t holiday season, Iraki-san made it pertinent to Funi-san that the extra lights were necessary. Almost to show off to the rest of the town that this hotel was still grand, and exclusive. There were spotlights placed out front the hotel, about four of them, shining upwards on the hotel, giving it a larger appearance. There was a red carpet rolled out from the curbside to the bar entrance. In the hotel lobby, there was a backdrop and specially hired camera-man to take photos of each invitee as they came in, most of them dressed in their most dapper attire. When they entered into bar one by one, an usher took them to their seat and music played in the background, electronically rather than a live band. Iraki-san really had to get creative to come up with more ways to use electricity for the event than usual.

That’s also how they strategized their marketing material, grand and exclusive. There was broad advertising sent out for a single twenty-four hours, to let the town know that this exclusive tea party as to happen, and then once it happened, Funi-san would then send out additional marketing correspondence about the event at the hotel. Just enough, twenty-four hour advertising to the town to make people see it, then boom, it was gone, putting the seed in their minds that it was a rumor or a faux, and that it didn’t happen at all.

Seika chan was one of the fifteen invitees to receive this special RSVP invite under the disguised name of Hana.

The generators were up and running, providing additional power for all of this to happen.
[From the eyes of the spirit]​

Something was amuck, though it was very difficult to discern just what it was exactly. It seemed as though the plan to hide out for however long it took worked, and that the hotel owner was now putting on a grand display of concurring the spirit. She would be remiss for this action, as tonight, the night of the tea party, the spirit would show itself once more. It only had to wait for just the perfect time to do so… Once everyone was there and when things started to get settled in…

[WC: (1,154) 2,973 / 3000] [PC: 5 / 5]
((OOC: Allowing Suika to control the spirit in her next post to finish the mission objective. Do not entirely finish it, whereas you've exterminated it and leave the thread. Just take care of the spirit. We will do another round of posting where Ikari-san can thank you, and then we can exit threads w/ the finished word requirements. I want to see a detailed display of your grandeur phantom abilities and why cloud would specifically pick you to come and eliminate this spirit.))

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The night of the Tea party was set. After Suika, disguised as Hana, checked in with her alternate persona, she went to work. First, she focused on blending in. She interacted with a few of Ikari's guests; she assumed none of them knew of her true identity. Although trivial, she found subtle joy imitating a woman on top of the social hierarchy. Furthermore, thanks to her falsified pompous attitude she carried, people pretty much believed her. It was funny to her how decorative clothes, snootiness, and throwing out random names cloaked one with untouched notoriety. It kind of posed a question against the upper society and their ethics, but Suika didn't have time to focus on that. It was time to execute step two of her prepared plan.

Excusing herself to the ladies room, Suika used Stunt Double, a jutsu that allows you to flee the scene while a clone of yourself to stand present, and slipped off stealthily into the shadows. If anyone entered the ladies' bathroom, they would be quick to notice Lady Hana busy behind the stall. She'd be there for a while. “Hopefully no one has to use the restroom too bad tonight,” she pondered as she dashed toward the designated generator, “...then again, those uptight pricks probably hold it in all day. I'm sure constipation is the main reason for their stuck up faces.” Suika grinned to herself. Some people were just so stupid. As the girl dashed across the hotel toward the basement, she kept to her senses as she exercised her extra-sensory perception. Not only did she have to go stop the ghost, but she had to make sure it didn't catch her before the act. She couldn't afford another disappearance from her ghoulish nemesis – she had other missions to complete. With her magenta eyes glowing with fierce spiritual energy, she had finally made her descent into the basement unnoticed.

“Step three, wait for spiritual entity's appearance and then confront it.” she gathered as she almost blended with the basement's shadows. The hotel's generator, grand in size and current, stood at the end of the room. It shook as it provided ample energy to the hotel and its extravagant event. It was the perfect lure for the devious ghost. Now all she had to do was patiently wait. As she submersed herself into the darkest crevices of the room, she formed a crystal eye (Crystal Eye Jutsu) in another hidden corner to have a better vantage point and keep lookout. It was a while before anything worthwhile occurred. The room was quiet and all that could be heard was the audible static that was emitted from the hefty generator. The girl almost grew bored until an apparition manifested itself before the contraption. Her eyes widened.

The ghoul didn't have a solid shape, but she felt its malevolent intentions. Whatever drove this spirit, it was a negative emotion for sure. The youkai, which did not seem to notice the girl's presence, stuck part of itself in the generator. The lights flickered. Before it could get too far into its scheme, Suika manifested her ethereal blade and hopped from the shadows. Without a microsecond's notice, the spirit would feel itself trapped by the Reaper's Gaze (Reaper's Gaze Genjutsu). A giant death god, known as a shinigami, would appear before the supernatural entity and freeze it in place. Thanks to the kunoichi's surprise attack, it was no longer disrupting the electrical current within the generator. She approached the creature while sporting a frown.

“You're quite the menace, spirit.” she uttered as she trailed her glowing blade behind her. She then pointed the tip of her weapon at the ghost. “This if the final step - it is time to expel you from this plane and send you to another. Rest in peace.” She mercilessly sliced through the bound spirit. In that moment, particles, perhaps of spiritual matter, flew out and dissipated into the air. It was returning to whence it came. The entity let out a small, wailed cry. It sounded sorrowful, almost regretful, as it disappeared out of this earthly realm. Suika's blade dispersed as she shot out a small nod toward the spirit. It played a tough game, but it really wasn't any match for her. After the Arctic demon she faced in the past, small, prankster spirits really had no grounds with the ever-growing kunoichi. Still, she found no true pleasure exorcising these creatures. Suika just did what had to be done.

“Though, I still can't help but to think...” her mind wandered for a brief moment, “...was that spirit somehow connected to the Ikari-san's husband? She did mention that it announced its presence after his death. It did seem almost sad as it vanished...” It was truly a mystery, maybe one that would never be solved. It didn't bother her one bit and she'd sleep restfully tonight, but she sometimes allowed curiosity to slip. She shrugged as she then dusted herself off.

With their Casper problem gone, Suika prepared herself to go tell Ikari, the hotel's owner, of the news. The ghost was no more. Hopefully, the notably snarky owner would be relieved to hear the girl's report. After all, she seemed at her wit's end throughout this whole fiasco. Suika scampered off into the party to find the woman. She wasn't in her disguise as Hana anymore, but it wasn't necessary. The charade was up and the mission, she hoped, was now complete.

[WC: 913| Post 5
TWC: 2,692/3,000]

Nazomeku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh, Suika-chan, you made it!" Ikari-san celebrated her arrival, already knowing what it had meant. The mission was done, complete, finito...

The evil spirit who had come to ruin the business of Ikari-san would now be resting peacefully in the afterworld. Suika-chan was, against her will, introduced to all of the patrons of the tea-party. Who knew when you might need a friend in high places. Ikari-san's heart felt heavy though, as she would seemingly carry the secret about who she thought the ghost may have been to the grave. She would much rather continue to carry the burden herself than share it with others and perpetuate the negative feelings.

The night broke into the day, and the morning after Ikari-san sent a nice letter to Suika-chan, stating that she was allowed to stay in her hotel free of charge at any time. Ikari-san also gave a good word of recommendation to the Raikage's Office about this student.

[WC: (167) 3,140 / 3000]
WC and PC completed.
After Suika makes her next post to complete her WC Requirements, this mission is done.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As soon as Suika arrived in the main lobby, she was greeted cheerily by the grand hotel's owner, Ikari. Her usual snarky attitude was now replaced with an endearing one. Was this just an appearance she made to impress her higher-up friends? Or was she just that relieved that her ghostly problems were over? Nonetheless, it didn't matter too much. Although she intended on heading home right after her mission was complete, Ikari invited her to stay at her illustrious party. Who was Suika to deny free grub? The girl nodded. “I guess I can indulge for a bit.” she thought as her eyes glimmered from the sight of sugary pastries. It was time to chow down.

As the girl gobbled down food, she entered conversation with various businesswomen from the village. One even worked closely to the Daimyo. They were pretentious, or so Suika labeled them, but some of them had pretty neat stories to share. The group of rich women even asked Suika about what it was like to be a ninja and begged to her stories of her perilous adventures. The ones she was allowed to say weren't too great, so she had to improv some spice into them. What they lacked to know wouldn't hurt them, after all.

The party soon came to an end as Suika respectfully gave its host a respectful headbow. “I hope you are satisfied with the work the shinobi of Kumogakure provided, Ikari-san. May we meet again.” And, oh boy, would they. Ikari promised the kunoichi a lifetime membership of free stays at her hotel. Whether or not she'd truly honor this, the girl wasn't sure, but it was definitely a gesture she'd take advantage of at some point. Suika made her way home and prepared herself to rest for a good while. This ghost was a little tricky to exorcise, but she managed to do it. It was all in a day's work.

[WC: 323 | Post 6
TWC: 3,015/3,000]

[OOC: Mission Complete and Topic Left! Requesting rewards for both Nazomeku and Suika]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back