Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Dissonance

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The streets were filled with autumn and its cheery cascade of death that scattered across all surfaces of their world, back dropped by the darkening green giants beginning their slumber and shedding it's needles against the cold. The trees had the most brilliant ways to mourn the end of their life giving seasons and for that they deserved the greatest respect. They, unlike humans, liked to say goodbye in one last great show, both warning and celebrating the end. While the colours of fall had been lost to Kiyo for more decades then she enjoyed admitting having lived, the time stopped woman took great pleasure in the musical cacophony of scattering leaves and fleeing birds.

And so she often found herself here, at a little tea shop, appreciating what her senses gave her in a small booth by a window less favoured by other customers for the heavy foliage obscuring the 'view'. The Red haired lady enjoyed this little shop for other reasons too. The service was always quick and friendly, the short wooden tables always clean and the booth seating quite comfortable, one could raise or lower a curtain against curious onlookers and the tea was excellent.

The soft scent of Chai and milk, a specialty, danced delicately from the heavy stone teacup cradled in Kiyo's palm. Her index finger traced the edge of the cup, warmed by the aromatic steam and it's contents below. A melancholic tune from a shamisen floated from an indiscernible corner, a song that sadly welcomed in the winter months that seemed all too inevitable. Reminders, reminders everywhere.

Normally she would come here to remember or forget as she willed it alone, but duties and pleasure sometimes crossed each other's path and Kiyo found herself mixing the bitter with the sweet today. The sullen teen across from her, not difficult to cursor as a duty, sat slouched and unresponsive across from her, seemingly less pleased to be there then Kiyo was to be keeping her.

"How are your studies progressing, Yuii?" she asked in a low voice, keeping eye contact on the blue haired girl that had been such a sweet child while taking a sip of her tea.

The curt, "Fine," was inevitable, and Kiyo didn't bat a lash at it. The former Kage simply cleared her throat, giving her young charge a pointed look and the silent pause in which to correct herself. They stared at one another, like two disputing cats ready to strike, until Yuii finally broke.

"I read the book Auntie, it was horrible and boring. What do you want from me?" she snapped, slapping one open hand down against the table, "You know I don't like books, stop making me read them!" She slouched back again, a frown plastered against her face.

Kiyo sighed and reached out to ruffle the girl's hair, an old habit from when the typhoon of anger had once been calm and sweet. "And when you're older you're going to appreciate all this teeth pull-" among all the soft hair the rough edges of an unmistakable leaf brushed her fingers. "You've been sleeping in trees again, haven't you? Yuii, while I understand understand the draw of the forest better than anyone, we are still civilized people. I have provided you with a room and a perfectly comfortable bed to sleep on. Use them.'

The youth muttered something inaudible to the human ear and though Kiyo heard it quite clearly she decided an argument in one of her favoured places would not be best. Instead she sharpened her gaze and stared down her nose and gave her the chance to correct herself again, "What was that?" Once again, Yuii chose to ignore it.

'Nothing! Can I go already? I have training!" she whined, the sound grating on the older woman's ears, while moving to rise. Kiyo shifted forward and grabbed her wrist.

"Ask me properly," the red lady snapped, her temper growing short. She didn't understand how one child could make her so angry, how one teen could make years of training in diplomatic fields wash away but she did. Had Kiyo been so annoying at this age or had she been too busy apprenticing to become the next leader for her beloved village?

"May I be dismissed?" Yuii asked quietly, refusing to meet her eye. it was a victory, a small victory, and yet it didn't feel like a victory.

"Yes," she answered, releasing her niece, "Go, have fun. We'll discuss this later" She watched Yuii's retreating back as the girl left at a near run and she knew that could have been handled better. Stupid. It had clearly been stupid, but there was no way to undo it yet again. Parenting ought to be left up to parents, she wasn't cut out for this at her age.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The air was soothing and gentle like the calm clouds that it caresses. The village folk stood outside completing their daily routine. An old man was seen playing Pai Sho on the corner streets with a young lad who appeared to be loosing as seen by his lowered countenance. All in all, the scenery was a welcomed experienced compared to the tense weeks that followed the Raikage for some time. The incident with Port Cirrus put a dent on Kumogakure no Sato's morale or at least what was left of it. Even though his surroundings did not show know Shin felt that the people were still hurting or at least confused at what was to happen now. No one knew who to blame or whether their loved ones were alright. Shin did not want to make a scene by entering the public city so his body consumed an illusion. He stood as a normal size man with clean black hair draped over his eyes and gracefully flowing to his shoulders. His bright gray eyes peeked like a child staring out a raining window. He wore a simple black kimono with intricate designs of clouds and his feet held by simple wooden sandals. Shin reached a small tea shop as indicated by the thick aroma of burning incense emitting from the chimney. The shop was rather open with the causal patrons sitting by the porch watching the world go pass them. Shin nodded his head as he entered as he approached by a young woman in a clean apron.

"Welcome how can I be of service to you." She said with a solemn bow.

"A small table near the patio please." Shin responded as he began to pull out a small book from underneath his

"Apologies...." She began not wishing to displease her patron. "The area is placed on reserve for Lady Kiyo and her nephew."

"Interesting...." Shin thought to himself. "Why would Lady Kiyo be here especially with what has been going on today. I thought she secluded herself from Kumogakure."

Shin grinned. "Well if it is not hard to ask could you see if she is taking any visitors." He continued.

"Yes, I will find out, one moment." The woman said as she lifted her finger. Shin stood still glancing back at the contents of his book as the woman quietly walked toward the closed area.

"Excuse me, Lady Kiyo." She said as he bowed before her. "A young man at the entrance would like your audience. I was not sure if I should bother you but he seems to be of some importance to you." She said as she turned for Kiyo to see the man.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiyo sunk her chin into her hand and tried to find the calm this place usually brought her. It had been a mistake to mix the day's less enjoyable affairs with a place reserved for relaxing but she had hoped a fight could be avoided in such a public place. Well, the red headed woman had been half right, Yuii had not screamed and stomped her feet like she normally would when backed into a corner and Kiyo had forced out more than two words from her young charge except the true reason for their conversation had never been addressed and Kiyo would be paying for this with cold glances and thinly veiled insults for weeks to come. Teenagers, the most insane of all developmental stages. But it was over for now, Yuii was gone for awhile and Kiyo needed to achieve that level of zen she found so difficult to obtain in the past year.

Tea, leaves, fall breezze, tea, leaves, fall breeze, tea, leaves, fall-

The familiar voice of the young hostess cut her meditation short, but Kiyo found it difficult to begrudge the young woman. With an inaudible sigh she she turned away from the window and pretended to peer up at the girl while turning her attention to the sonic waves from across the tea house. A young man? One of the aristocratic families come to pay some homage; a shinobi from her past work who wished to express regrets; or something more sinister? There was no telling and far be it for young tea shop girl to screen the quality of her visitors. The decision warranted some thought but she had no time to give it so it seemed she must take the save road,

"There is room for two, your establishment us busy and my niece has left for the day. I am afraid I do not know of whom you speak or their importance to me, but if he is insistent on my company I can hardly refuse," she answered smoothly, giving the girl a warm smile, "and if it is no trouble, I could use another pot of tea, perhaps something... stronger? Thank-you"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Yes, Kagetsu-sama." She responded bowing before her. She quietly walked back toward the entrance where he found the man vigilantly screening his small book. His eyes were deeply hidden by his large bangs; it was rather difficult to determine if he was contempt or relieve to see the woman once again.

"Excuse me, sir." She said as she waved her hand at Shin. "Lady Kiyo has accepted your audience, however, I would keep it short she is rather busy today."

"Of course." Shin said nodded his head. He quickly closed his book as he pushed the small leather notebook into his cloak. Shin followed the young woman toward the corner where he found a rambunctious child in a rather moody stance. Kagetsu Kiyo was slumped on her chair with her countenance cast down, perhaps meeting with Kiyo at this time was not a good idea.

"Milady, the gentlemen is here. I will come with your order. What would you like also sir." She said as she turned to faced Shin.

"A simple pot of orange tea will be alright for me, thank you." The man said before the woman left their presence. "Lady Kiyo, my apologies for disturbing your time of peace." Shin said as he made a slight bow with his arm cradled toward his chest. "It just has been a while. I don't wish to disclose my identify in fear of drawing attention or perhaps that may not be necessary." He continued as his familiar dark gray eyes peered toward hers. He calmly took a seat took a seat beside her. "What brings you hear to the public milady? Do you not know of the sudden incident at Port Cirrus?."

If it were not his physical presence perhaps Kiyo would sense a man who has been with all those fifteen years. The fervent man who was with her when she fell against the mysterious attacks against her life. The same man who is with her today.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Orange tea? In Autumn? How adventurous of you, sir," she commented warmly, pouring the last of her own tea then carefully rearranging the pot at the edge of the table to be taken. She afforded him a glance and a nod of her head for his bow, no more than she would have given any other visitor, then gestured for him to find a seat.

She decided to appear the complaining old woman, and truly she wanted to at least give her problem lip service, Kiyo decided a little truth would be no harm. The village had little tie for her problems but that did not mean they should be ignored. "I assure you, had you arrived minutes before you would have found this false peace to be quite recent. I find myself meeting a challenge greater than fifteen years of Kage could have ever laid at my feet; the temperamental and quite insane dealings with a teen who has taken it upon herself to hate every facet of myself. How I blundered into this task, when I have never had the occasion to have children, is beyond me, but I consider it a glorious penance for a crime so heinous and unspeakable I can not remember it's occurrence." A joke, not a very good joke but a joke nonetheless. More pointedly, she ignored his talk of identity, giving the matter no more lip service than it required. Words were a dangerous matter in the game he was playing.

The the curious onlooker she appeared to relax, casually leaning into the padding of her seat and giving the weather outside greater attention than her new visitor. There were few privy to the knowledge that she was so far irreversibly blind. In fact only a trained medical shinobi, that same who had seen her through the time following her attack, would know such a thing. So it would not be a stretch to think that same man would not be offended by her broken eye contact. "I am afraid I do not know of which event you speak, my dear. You have caught me at one of my rare social moments where I desired the din of humanity to the rustle of leaves. I have been told that completely removing myself from humanity would be detrimental to my recovery." If recovery were so possible, yet she doubted it would be, "But please, you would not mention it if I could and should not be privy to this knowledge. What has happened?

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin chuckled a bit with the woman's remark. He was docile at a young child it was only when he was in the outside world that all his emotions seemed to deflagrate like hot liquid on cold steel. "You are fortunate enough to have a child to guide there many people in this country who are born with no parents. She will understand what she has abundance of one day. Shin noticed the grazing sun meandered down the skies as it slowly began to fade away. Two women in scarlet red robes appeared before them with large steaming pots and the smell of emollient brewed tea that seamlessly sooth the air.

The women did not say a word but simply poured the hot tea into their empty cups and left. Shin nodded his head as he began to take a sip. The strong orange scent whipped his nostrils mellowing his mind.

"From what I was told a chunin named Gin proctored an exam for three students. Apparently, it was a simply shipment delivery of medical supplies. Unknowingly, they were delivering remote-triggered explosives. The death count is still unknown."
Shin placed the cup down as he rubbed his temple showing a deep sense of concern with what he said. "Now, the country believes Kumogakure no Sato is blamed for it. I feel there is more to this than what is seen. What would you be do if this happened during your reign?" Shin gazed at her deep eyes revealing great pain as if he was responsible for what had happened.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiyo gingerly picked up her tea cup and cradled the quickly warming containing in her hands. The smell was pleasant but she would not be so foolhardy as to take a drink just yet. Burning her tongue was not a good preface to what was beginning to sound like a serious conversation. Explosions, countless dead, the weight of it on Kumogakure's head; why did it never turn out these visits were never just social calls?

"That depends on many factors," she murmured, setting the cup back down again to reach out and give his forearm a reassuring pat. "A plausible scapegoat, for instance. For now it sounds as if we are that scapegoat and so you must either find who is to blame for this occurrence quickly or create a third party to shift the blame onto temporarily. Kumogakure generally has one or two enemies that it can use." Her advice might seem morally maligned but he had asked for what she would do and there was little she wouldn't do for Kumogakure's assured safety. Kage had done worse things historically to avoid confrontation with their mother country.

He seemed older somehow, by his posture and the way he spoke, as if there was an invisible weight that had been passed to his shoulders. She wondered vaguely if the hand of time could still touch her would it have turned her into a bent old woman before her time? "Whomever would commit such a terrible crime should be caught and administered the full might of Kumogakure's justice. You're right though, it feels wrong. I would also take precaution in shipments in the future. I would have ether anbu or main branch create a task force of trustworthy shinobi to investigate any and all personnel with access to the shipment including the students and chuunin. Unlikely that whomever is responsible would strike in the same way twice though, Take care in all dealings outside the village, every type of mission, any kind of sabotage." She gave his visage one more pass over then sighed.

"One more thing. During my reign I would have started taking an extra cup of sake before bed, any Kage would need at least that to sleep. For health."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Shin felt her warm hand rest against his arms. It gave him a slight sense of reassurance but he still to be the one at fault. She was right; Shin should have been more perceptive in what was in those shipments. Was he too trusting of his comrades? Apparently, Kiyo was not so permissive when it came to moral decisions; she was easily convince that the village should set up scapegoat of their own. "Wouldn't that create a unstable civil war within our own country." Shin thought to himself. In retrospect, he recalled those early months when Shinbatsu was inaugurated as the fourth raikage and many people cheered as if he was some divine savior, yet others despised him. He did not imagine his status would instill a debacle within the ANBU corps, so many people died. Shin wondered if it was the same this time.

"I see. Well I hope the raikage looks on your history for advice. Have you ever consider returning back to shinobi core. You still look rather health for your age." Shin said as he took another sip of his tea.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back