Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Double Take - Twins Take to the Streets [ Bruin ]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As usual people bustled through the subterranean tunnels like ants. Black masses of blurry faced people going from one place to another. To Kumiko they were just that. Ants. Clogging the veins of the underground like a blood clot. The very thought sickened her.
Shuttering in disgust the blacked haired girl gladly left her perch upon the roof in order to search the bowels for her house for her stupid twin brother. ' Who knows what he's up to. Probably tinkering away at yet another new project he'll probably never finish.' Still, it was much more fun to bug him than watching nobodies scurry about their meaningless lives. Even if that meant delving into the depths of a chaotic mess that was their basement. Brother? You down here?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Not even noticing that someone had entered the room a familiar voice called out to him. The voice was slightly muffled due to the sound of music which could be heard when entering the basement. It was a classical score of music from Sunan culture that was both elegant and riveting. It's complexity was what kept it interesting and seemed to spur his mind when listening to it. His sisters call wasn't enough to take him away from his current project. It looked mearly to be a wheel as it sat upon the work bench. Taking one of his tools he used it to pry open the device splitting it into equal halves. Setting them down on the outer face of the wheel he peered down to the spring mechanisms contained inside. While they managed to keep the wheel together they weren't quite strong enough to separate once triggered. “I am gonna have to rework this device. Not sure if this would be a reliable device in combat but how will I ever know until I perform a field test.”

Bruinetto know that his sister would continue to wander through his basement and find him eventually. Finally pulling back from his work bench he sat up on the stool stretching out his arms releasing all the tension from his muscles from the precision of his work. Turning around he would stand up to what most likely would be his sister. Had she just got there? Or did she wander in awhile ago glaring daggers at his back while her presence went seemingly unnoticed. "I guess you found the answer to your own question.” He shot a quick smile as his hand came up and brushed through the back of his hair. “So what brings you down here? Guess there's nothing interesting going on out there today? Not sure if anything you find down here will suit your fancy either.”<i></i> With her being here he wondered why she even sought him out in the first place.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She should of known her brother would be down here. When ever he went a-wall her twin could always be found holed up down here with some crazy project. Maybe she should have checked down here first. And just like always he completely ignored her presence. At least that's how she took it. Instead of making herself known Kumiko simply crossed her arms before her chest, leaning back upon one of the many tables.

" It's about damn time you noticed me here. I was starting to think your projects mean more to you than I do brother." She jested. Pushing off from the table she peered over her twins shoulder at his little wheel project. Getting directly in his face she pointed a finger at one of the spring mechanisms. " This is too loose. It needs to be tightened." It was said with little importance, as if he should have known this from the start and having to actually point this out was too troublesome.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she peered over his shoulder and gave some incite to his project he could only raise a brow at her suggestion. "One of the springs is too loose you think? It wasn't something I initially considered, but I may have to go over that. That could be a small part of the problem but I have a grasp on what the overall problem is." Turning around he would reach for the device and press it back together. When pressed together it would make a loud clicking sound showing that it had locked into place. Getting up from his stool he would look over towards one of the walls. Stepping forward and lowering down his arm he would press a small button on the side of the device and then roll it over the ground. After approximately five seconds from pressing the button a reaction occurred. As the device was rolling it seemed to jump in place and slightly separate itself enough so the two halves were no longer connected together as tightly as it was at the start.

"That isn't the exact problem. It's more a problem with the strength of the springs themselves. I need springs that are much stronger than this in order to get it to work. The forces have to be equal on both sides so that when activated they will forcefully break what connects it together and both sides go in a straight line."
Going over towards the device he would pick it up and push it back together firmly. "The intention of this design is so that when you roll or throw this the two ends that separate will stick to two surfaces. It will then pull a razor wire taunt so it will be instantly ready for use in the field. Usually setting up razor wires can be a timely process but I think using it in an application like this could make them easier to set-up in battle. I mean imagine halting an enemy in their tracks by throwing several of theses as you block their path. Best case scenario you have them unable to stop and they run right into them." While she may not have wanted him to go this in depth into the project her offering a suggestion for it made him think she was at least interested enough to hear about it.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The black haired Uchiha couldn't help but scrunch up her face upon her brother's belittling words. Of course what she said was right. Still she let him perform his little display. Quirking a brow the device separated not long after being activated. " I take it it's not suppose to do that ... right? " Was she actually glad his little project wasn't working? Yes. Yes she was. That small amount of happiness from her brother's failure remained within her in a little place she called her ' Happy Place. ' Many people didn't realize Kumiko was just as smart as her twin brother. Time after time credit, praise, everything was given to him leaving her behind. Maybe it was due to him being the first born. It didn't take long for her to simply stop trying, at least in that aspect.
" You know it could be something that simple. If all the springs were tightened ... " She stopped, looking closer at one half of the wheel as she knelt down. " You do know there aren't any washers here right? Not only would that solve the looseness but it would hold it all together better. " Her head tilted up towards him as she said this, seeing if he agreed with her or not.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was one thing that he could enjoy about his sister was her incite and attention to detail that was packed away in that brain of hers. Going back through the long history of the Uchiha, Bruinetto could not help but think that too many would feel their most important tool were their eyes. While their eyes had special potential unlike the common place eyes of others just inheriting such a power tool wasn't going to guarantee power. It all comes down to the brain being capable of processing such vast amounts of information and using that data to whatever advantage you can decipher from it. "The first part you mentioned was a general idea I had already thought up after the initial failure in a test run. The second suggestion though sounds plausible. I may have to go back to my designs and try to calculate how that would effect it's performance." While this really wasn't that complicated of a project he felt that tinkering without design was only a recipe for failure. Just going by your instincts you may wind up with something more dangerous that it is useful.

Bringing his hands together in front of his chest he pushed his fingers together as a slight popping sound could be heard from him cracking his knuckles. A lot of the day had been spent tinkering away aimlessly so it may have been time for something a little more mindless. "I don't think I can look at this stuff anymore. Looking at it with fresh eyes later sounds more than ideal." Reaching into his pocket he tugged onto a chain which was attached to a pocket watch. The item was different compared to most watches visually made out of some metallic black material. The outside cover was branded by designs associated with the clan name. Flipping it open he took a quick gander at the time before snapping it shut. "Seems that in my train of thought never did nourishment come to mind. I may have to stop somewhere and fix this." Looking back over to Kumiko he placed his watch back into his pocket. "Care to join?"

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kumiko couldn't help but think her own twin brother would belittle her advice, even if it was right. Yet here he was actually acknowledging her opinion. Even as twins sometimes she just couldn't read her brother. Some instances the two could finish each others sentences. Others this little Uchiha had no clue what ran throuh his head. A sly smile crossed her lips upon his approval keeping most of her glee in check. " I'm suprised you missed something so minor in the design. That isn't like you brother. " She replied casually while fiddling with one of his many trinkets and gizmoes.

A small chuckle escaped her realizing she was about to say the same thing towards her brother. " I was just about to say that. Fresh eyes are always better after spending so much time slaving over something. " Her eyes darted down to the watch in his palm, resting there so easily. A family heirloom handed down to him instead of her. A thought quickly pushed away. " If You're hungry I'm hungry. Might be good to stretch our legs abit and get out. "

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With her comment on missing something so minor there was but one thing he had to say to that. "Missing something minor is probably the easiest thing to do. When overtaken by the thought of the bigger picture it's much easier miss something smaller. More often than not one tries to do something complicated before doing something simple. Even if the simple solution may be the best." It was true that this often happened most in life as the simplest course of action can often become buried under the endless variables one must face when making any sort of design or decision. It can be tracked even through the history of each village. You could always look back and think things could have been done differently when looking at the complete ensemble of data. However at the present moment when the data is incomplete one can very often come to irrational or hasty conclusions. Bruinetto was going to pin an oversight in design on merely just carefree overzealous behavior on trying to bring an idea of his to fruition.

"Seems there is a consensus though on being hungry." With that he started to move around the basement workshop and making sure to turn any devices he used during the course of his work. Putting away all his tools into neat and organized work stations he turned proceeded to head to the entryway of the area standing next to the light switch. "Not sure what I am in the mood for but I can feel my vitality running low. Some coffee could do the trick to perk me up." Caffeine and sugar were two very bad parts of his diet as one could see what appeared to be a candy dish in the center of his workshop. It was these two things wind would help spur activity in his brain while working so he made sure to always have at least a little something available to get the gears turning if they have reached a stand still after wracking his brain for so long.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He just couldn't let her have the last word. NEVER. Irritated was an understatement. yet if she made a big deal about this her brother might not buy her food. There in itself was a dilemma. Already Kumiko tip toed her way passed the piles of ... well she didn't really know what the piles were, but nonetheless, she tried getting passed without knocking anything over. Turning while on the first step her long black pig-tails swayed along her black jacket. " Are you coming or what. Cause I will leave you behind." She was already at the top of the stairs by the time he finished turning his various devices off. " Are you serious? Caffeine or sugar? For someone so smart you really are dumb when it comes to food. Mother Suna. What would you do without me here to take care of you. " With a sigh she plucked her brain for something to eat. " well. There is a new place down the street..." Of course she left out the part of it being a bar. Though technically it was a grill as well.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"When we live in a world where dietary supplements are readily created so that a shinobi can get the type of nutrients they will need for up to three days with a single soldier pill what I eat doesn't really matter so long as I can function properly you will hear no complaints from me. Plus the average life span of a shinobi tends to be shorter than most so why not live a little recklessly when you know the odds are you won't live long enough to reach those golden years where the bad decisions you made in your youth finally catch up to you." He could only help but snicker after saying these words. Turning off the light behind him he would quickly run up the stairs in order to follow his sister. As they were heading up into the outside world he would have a few last words to say upon the last topic. "Plus I'm not a female like you were diets become an obsession of calorie counting so you can continue to wear your sensual yet revealing outfits to get noticed by older men."

Surely it was false to group all women into this category but a little brotherly hazing was the norm from Bruinetto when the two of them were together. After all she would find more than enough ammunition to use against him at every corner so it was only fair to keep some on the back burner for a time when it was his turn to retort. "A new place down the street you say? Intriguing, I do not recall hearing anything about this place. Then again not like I have been too social as of late. Clan elders keep reminding me of the upcoming Jounin exams. They know I have been unable to participate in one for some time now. Surely I have the talent, but what's the point really? Becoming a jounin is only going to mean a heavier shinobi related work load that is going to pull me away from a chance to research." It was only becoming of a man of research and development to avoid such events that would further hinder his work.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her onyx eyes rolled involuntarily. Why were smart people so stupid when it came to regular life. " Of course you have such a pessimistic view on life. If you fully agreed with what you just said you wouldn't be a shin-obi. In fact you'd make sure yo stay in some form of research department instead of being assigned missions on a regular basis. Besides it's not just about nourishing your body. It's about enjoying the food itself. The flavors. All the more reason to live this 'reckless' life you speak of. Sooooo, your little rant there is a contradiction in itself dear brother. " Most of their conversations were such. Picking apart each others words to find faults, contradictions, hypocrisies, or simply any sort of debate that could be had. Neither believed in small talk or saying anything which didn't need to be said. At least not while around the other. In fact their conversation were rater stimulating. Constantly challenging the other. Kumiko enjoyed it secretly.

The discussion was lost at the mention of a diet. " What do you mean diet! I'm not on a diet. and I do not want to get noticed by older men! What would even make you think like that. You really have no idea when it comes to women. " She grumbled. The rest of his words went unheard to her ears. Instead she couldn't get his previous words from said ears. Diet? Sensual clothing? Older men? Kumiko had never thought of ... that before...

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Within her words something specific remained stuck within his mind. On how if that he fully agreed with what he said that he wouldn't be a shinobi. Becoming a shinobi was rationalized by him as more for the learning opportunity than anything else. The types of resources that he had access to along with the financial backing from doing missions for the village it gave his work that much greater a potential. These types of advantages and opportunities would not have been available had he not enlisted into Sunagakures military. Just how far was he willing to go for the sake of making something brilliant? What extremes must he endure and will his will hold up to the test of supporting the village. Why was there such blind loyalty and fellowship within a village? The village at times almost seemingly could be mistaken for a deity whose zealots swear to protect it. It was so crude to take it as such but that kind of devotion just seemed misplaced. Perhaps this was another example of him making things out to be too complicated. His sisters incite from earlier was simple but effective.

The two of them walked quietly for a bit but somehow it seemed he was leading the way. Stopping and turning his head to Kumiko he spoke. "Where is it we are going anyways? Mentioned it was a new place?" No detail was given earlier but perhaps she didn't know too much about it herself. Given that she didn't outright label the establishment with what it was known for it's mysterious nature was intriguing. The possibilities of what was available could be endless.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oddly enough Bruinetto fell into silence. A normal trait of his when lost within his own thoughts. Maybe something she said struck a cord. No one liked being called out on contradictions. Least of all her brother. And Especially herself. She could only assume these were the thoughts plaguing him momentarily. Why? Because she'd probably be picking away within her own mind as well. Such was the benefit of being a twin. Still truth nonetheless, with what she said. Never could Kumiko really understand why he enlisted as a shin-obi instead of a medical nin. If he loved research so much it was where to start. In the long run he could end up with a whole department dedicated to what ever he wanted...unrelated to medicine if wanted. This was a prime example of not understanding her brother.

The two twins looking almost like identical twins, if she had been a boy or he a girl they most likely would be, left their home to enter the bristling streets lite by various lightning and fire stones. One might find the lighting eerie, ominous, even dreary, but it was home and comfortable. Her comparison earlier still held truth. These people were ants. Her own thoughts lead back to this until her brother asked her about this new place she told him about. " It's just past the residential zone. Can't remember the name. Just heard people talking about it as they past by. It's also, well, a bar." Kumiko tried to mask the word bar by coughing into her sleeve. An attempt at mumbling the word.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His brow lifted after she went so far as to cough to say the word bar. "What is somebody spying on us? What's the point in being so discreet about a bar?" Being in the service had it's advantages. Even if you weren't the normal drinking age when you flash a military idea all of a sudden your age doesn't seem to matter as much. Especially if you have been promoted during the time of your service. Seems to be the general consensus of the locals that if you are willing to die for the village you best deserve a couple after coming back from a skirmish by the skin of your teeth. Bruinetto didn't care for alcoholic impairment as it would hinder his reasoning and with a shinobi being without your reasoning and logic could be the worst tool to be without.

"Just passed the residential zone? Well that isn't very specific but at least it gives us a place to start looking." Depending on how far away this place was it could test his patience for the hunger. Surely a long the way there would be a number of mobile stands that offered all kinds of treats. Even now the soft lingering scent seemed to be permeating through the air faintly enough to give a lead to their locations. He would try to deviate his focus from his sense of smell so as not to get distracted from where they were actually headed. "So what's been new in your line of work? As far as I know you are looking to get more involved with one of the specialty branches. The specialty branches have some interesting appeals but I cannot seem to devote myself to either one of them. Being in the main branch allows my work to be a little more varied and flexible."

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Truly Kumiko wasn't sure of the reaction her brother would have towards going to bar. Sometimes his personality did a 180 on her. During his hermit mode, as she called it, anything of the sort would be out of the question. Others he disliked her going to places such as bars. And times like this he was completely fine with it. A therapist would have a field day with his mind. Either way she face palmed. "I'm not being discreet towards other people. I'm being discreet towards you. You're kinda slow sometimes brother. " She replied shaking her head. Even if she was a shinobi and allowed to drink under age she was still his ' little ' sister.

" You read too much into words. It's a figure of speech really. ' Just Past ' is a loose term towards a general area. " Her index finger pointed towards a large building not too far from where they stood. " If you need a more detailed description of where this place is it's just past that building. No more than five or ten minute walk. So suck it up. I'm sure you won't die of hunger in that time. "

A short time passed before Bruinetto shifted the discussion towards work. " Well you know me. I'm not much of a healer. Not with our eyes. And I have no interest in the sort of work you do. I don't have the patience. Main branch? Ya OK, I can give you that. But if you are going to serve this village anyway you might as well do it right. I don't believe in doing things half assed. "

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Read too much into words? But even you have to agree that words themselves have a plethora of meaning. The words you choose, the way you say them, and the secondary meanings they hold. Speech is silver my sister because it's the oldest and most archaic weapon in existence. It's power to control and deceive without the use of physical force is quite astounding. I'd credit a villain more so for being capable of controlling the whims of others through deceit as opposed to brute force and fear." Just what would have been the point in bringing this up anyways? Well the following train of thought may bring some light to it's relevance. "With some of my specialties seeing past the deceit and figuring out the truth I have fancied the idea of getting into the interrogation unit. That type of gritty work I see as a vein that lies with the ANBU. However, there are other opportunities with the medical unit."

There would be a brief pause in his words as they continued to briskly walk through the streets. "The medical unit is far more concerned with research and development. The amount of resources they dedicate to it would provide an environment for lucrative work. It's just that the medic field and what they specialize doesn't seem to be compatible with me." Slightly smirking at the thought his right hand came up and brushed some of the hair along the side of his head. "I cannot say I am incredibly altruistic. Some of the things I could come up with could benefit a lot of people, but the welfare of the people aren't where my interests lie. The ANBU though would probably be more interested in the kind of things I am capable of developing. I should probably compare their R&D finances."

That last trail of words she rambled off his face went blank momentarily as he stared off into the distance. "I can't say serving the village is my priority either. My duty is one thing, but what gives me greater opportunity for my work is what matters. I definitely wasn't the academy boy scout swearing that someday the village will acknowledge me and that my dream is to become the kage." With as far as they have walked it was safe to assume they were quite close to there destination.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There he went again. Giving her some long speech about how thing 'were' instead of how things are. There were truths within his intent however words, such as he spoke, were dependent situation. Normal casual banter held no plethora of meaning. No secondary meanings. And no hidden meaning laced within words which further fueled her previous statement of reading too much into what was being said. " Once more you prove my point. I'm fully aware of this brother. But you take it out of context. You've applied what I've said towards work. Shinobi, fighting, taking it to the extreme. Where as I am simply talking of normal everyday dialect and conversations. I do believe you still in work mode brother. " she chuckled slightly, patting him on his back. " I'd hurry up and turn that switch off before entering the Thirsty Cactus. It's not a place to take ones work. "

As the continued their stroll Kumiko took in all her brothers words. By the sounds of it he was at a cross roads, unsure which path before him to take. Unfortunately this was not a decision she could help him with. " There isn't much I can advise here. All I can say is do your research. Compare. And then make your decision based on what you feel would benefit you. But I'm sure you understand my opinion of ANBU. Their duty is the protection of the Kazekage, or steward, and the village. As shinobi we serve the village in general. It is an underlined duty for us all. If I am going to be a shinobi I would rather fulfill that duty to its fullest as ANBU. Don't get me wrong I have no wish to become the Kage. I simply see no point to doing something half assed. "

By this point the two found themselves outside the Thirsty Cactus. Time passed faster than normal as the two twins became engrossed within the conversation at hand. " Looks like we're here. "

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I usually am in work mode sis. We definitely view the world different. I see the world as a much different set of pictures than you do. Everything I said and more goes far beyond the shinobi world. Logic and rationality are just two aspects of math that relate equally important to both sets of our lives along with behavior studies and psychology. Meanwhile although I could ramble on about this forever my interest is wavering now with that smells." Whatever it was he could smell it was slowly trickling out of the establishment known as the Thirsty Cactus. Seems like they finally had made it to their destination. A sense of excitement going to a new place, experiencing something new, and learning something different was causing him to carefully take in all the information he could gather with his eyes. His vision slowly scanning over the surroundings, the design, and the people.

Now being here the two of them were preparing to enter so Bruinetto was just going to drop the conversation at hand about the branches and shinobi in general. While she saw being a shinobi as some type of civic service or duty that was owed to the village he was much different. Becoming a shinobi was a means to an end for him and the opportunities that surrounded it was his ultimate goal rather than serving his country. He didn't have the kind of patriotism or nationalism that would make him a good role model for up and coming students. Often he sometimes felt himself to be a bird that flies just outside of the flock. Still one of them but not ingrained far enough to be considered one of the flock.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What had she started. Once her brother started there was no use trying to stop him. Though the mind of Kumiko worked very similar to that of her twin brothers, she didn't openly advertise this. Why? Normal people were not as smart as the two of them so what they spoke of often left other looking at them with blank expressions. Or the fact their intellect often left her as an outcast amongst her peers. Bruinetto's intelligence had always been nurtured and praised, where as, Kumiko's forgotten in the shadows. Between the two there could only be one prodigy and long ago it was quite clear who that was. So instead Kumiko blended into normality. " Good. Cause I seriously didn't want to listen to you ramble on about this all through dinner. We are here to be social and get out of the house. So please...at least TRY to get out of work mode. " She sighed, knowing it to be futile.

While Bruinetto was busy analyzing everything Kumiko sauntered into the establishment, greeting the hostess as she herself greeted Kumiko. " Good evening. for two? " She asked with a polite smile. One obviously meant for her brother as the hostess completely ignored the black haired Uchiha. " Yes. For two. " Kumiko stated boldly towards the hostess, not liking for one moment the kind of look this woman was giving her brother. " yes. Then .. right this was. "

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While he said that he was "always" in work mode this was more or less true. One thing he had noticed in behaviors of people were how they separated themselves. They come up with the ideas that they have their work selves, their social selves, their personal selves, and any other number or selves depending on their life. To Bruinetto a person was merely all of those selves at any given time. Even if you try to declare that you are in a particular mode there is no way you will entirely shut off ways you would think supposedly in those other modes. It was a way to purposely limit aspects of the self and label them appropriate for certain situations. In all actuality it came down to Bruinetto simply being himself and not just an aspect or part of himself. The world just had to take him as is and it he didn't care otherwise if it didn't want too.

Looking to the hostess of the restaurant he could see she was exercising the idea of a different self as she was in a "work" mode. The tone of her voice brought up to be calming and inviting. It was her job to be pleasant and to welcome those into the establishment. Was this something that worked well with her personality or did she have to force it? From the looks of things it seemed to come quite naturally to her giving him the observation that this girls normal self may have been very polite and cheerful. Then again the girl could be so enveloped in a routine with this role that it has become more of a habit. The two of them were led towards a table where he slid out a chair and sat down quickly while placing his hands on the table with his fingers laced in between one another. "If you have it then I would like some coffee and i'll be needing cream and sugar, thank you."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back