Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Dreaming Shadow [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In Izura’s lifetime, there was never a clear distinction between good and evil.

Village leaders, engorged on their own dogma and hubris, were often hypocrites. Historically, they always chased after so called ‘missing ninja’, under the pretense of maintaining peace and exacting justice, not necessarily with the understandings of the implications at hand. Their firm adherence to the rules they had instated reflected a peerless callousness of the soul. Was it wrong for a shinobi to seek independence from a system designed to make them killing tools from the start? To seize fate with their own hands and seek to direct it for their own purposes? A man could have the world, and yet want more, and yet a man who had nothing, could want for nothing further. Such was the fickle nature of the human condition, and part of why some left, and some chose to stay.

Uchiha Izura

A long time ago he was but a blind boy, stumbling across the towering gates of Konohagakure. The target of relentless assassination attempts. He left, despite the warnings of the village urging him to stay.

Then he was a traitor. A boy cursed with a seal that induced insanity, and then death. Sentenced and nearly executed in front of his so called friends.

But from there, he ascended to royalty. Became a leader in a distant land. He gained power, and therefore the influence necessary to protect his own name, and those who chose to follow his ideals. He was pardoned by Konohagakure, and then greeted as a friend…only to “perish” in a war protecting the place that had once called him traitor.

Then he became a man out of his time, brought back to life by the tides of fate, only to realize that the world he now lived in was a far cry from the one he had last remembered.

He became a criminal to some, an information broker to others. And eventually, he returned to Konoha.

Student, Genin, Missing Ninja, Traitor, Prince, Anbu, Sennin, Criminal, Jounin. He was a man of many former titles….but which was the most accurate?

The lone house on the outskirts of the Uchiha complex sat next to a river, isolated from all but two separate approaches. One, through a wooded path that wound up from the complex proper, and another across a bridge and along the water’s edge. Izura stood at the edge of the river, practicing the use of his kusari-gama. His moves were eerily silent, the weapon whispering through the air as he manipulated the sickle and weighted chain around his body like a practiced circus dancer. An onlooker might even consider the moves otherworldly, as the chain sometimes passed through Izura’s body as if it were not there.

Thwack!

The sound of sharpened metal embedding into wooden targets filled the air as the kama sliced, and the weighted end slammed into the wooden dummies, either slicing or smashing them apart. His sharingan active, he’d notice someone approaching…it was not often that someone visited this part of the complex, given it’s relative remote location as opposed to the rest of the Uchiha clan houses. Slinging the kusarigama at his side, he turned and saw them….

“May I help you?”

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
It seemed today would not be as dull as she thought. Trekking up the path to the structure, she found a most intresting sight before her. A man wielding a kusarigama of all things and appeared to be undergoing a training session with it. His moves were.... godly to say the least. The kusarigama was a weapon that the Captain was not familar with despite all her weapons training she had underwent in her Academy days. It was then a voice rang out to her as the male ceased his session. Soku's eyes went to meet his, the tomoe pattern of the Sharingan spinning in her pupils."That is a most peculiar weapon you posess. You use with such refined technique. I observed out of curosity. Forgive my intrusion, warrior."

This man was defnitely a shinobi. He had to be, the way he fought. She resisted from asking such questions. Soku was dressed in the traditonal ANBU uniform, a curved blade hunf at her side and the tanto strapped to her back. The brown locks of her hair fell to her shoulders and her headband fit snugly across her forehead. It would be a very imposing expression to someone who was new to the village. This man, however gave off the demeanor of a warrior and he acted as such."I assume you hail from the Hidden Leaf."She hadn't seen him around before so perhaps he was a new addition. The fact that he was on the clan grounds...was he an Uchiha? She extended an hand to shake his, a sign of respect towards the elder warrior."The name is Soku by the way. Santaru Soku. And you are...?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“It appears that the lord hokage didn’t bother to mention who I am to the ANBU corps. It makes sense….I tend to work with a certain modicum of secrecy.”

A slight smile curled across his lips. He spooled up the chain of his kusarigama, before casually reholstering it in the small of his back. His sharingan were still active, no doubt in part due to the fact that she had so inconspicuously activated hers. He sighed and rolled his shoulder joint, stretching a bit. He didn’t bother mentioning that he already knew who she was. Raiding the A.C.M.E complex database had it’s uses. He now held enough top secret information to be dangerous as a high level informant for anyone seeking specific information on the Hidden Leaf. That Izura had been made a jounin of the Hidden Leaf rather than being branded a highly dangerous criminal….that was the choice of the former Anbu sennin, now turned hokage.

“I’m Uchiha Izura.”

He reached out to shake her hand, doing so rather casually.

“So, Santaru Soku…..what kind of shady deal did you make with the lord hokage for him to allow you to wield those sharingan?”

He said, rather amused at his own mentioning of the hokage. The sarcastic assumption did make sense after all- the man was known for his shady dealings in the name of maintaining the military strength of the Hidden Leaf.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Whenever Hoheto wanted to be alone, He'd retreat to the riverbank just on the outskirts of the uchiha clan complex. As always, a quiet noon there would set the mood perfectly to break into answer bearing thoughts. Life just seem to go past the uchiha these days while he sought to make a mark for himself. You'd think being the adopted son of the fourth hokage would make it any easier but at the moment he finds himself in probably what could best be described as the worse moment of his life.

Along the wooded path that wound from the complex Hoheto struggled with the crutch supporting his frame—appearing wrapped in white bandages around his forehead, limbs and torso; that was besides the grey kimono he wore on black shorts and wooden sandals. Folds of skin around his eyes highlighted the pains he went up against just to make the trip. The loss to Yukio was still fresh on his mind and there wasn't really anyone he could speak to save for himself and maybe a few fishes? The closest he had to a therapist was his lover Soku but even then what would she say if he told her he got involved in a fight with the man she looks up to? Several blocks away from the complex proved arduous of a task but with a therapeutic session already scheduled with nature, Hoheto was a few meters away from showing up.

Up ahead, the uchiha's featureless optics make up two figures of contrasting genders, amongst other things. Brown locks strangely familiar dangled behind the kunoichi whose features though recognizable were somewhat blurry in his eyes.

"So… Ku?"</COLOR><i></i> He let the santaru's name trail off his lips as pale slits rise in confusion. The scent of her skin and taste of her lips quickly came to mind. Since their romantic evening together in her apartment, he hadn't seen nor heard from her. <COLOR color="#BFBFBF">"What are you doing here?" The lad asks briskly. He knew she had ties with Takeshi but to think that she was present on this side of complex with someone other than the Hokage raised questions. Especially since that someone was alien to him. "And who's your friend?" he follows, turning to the shinobi who seemed rather amused at a particular something or someone.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She nodded repeating the name."Izura...can't say I've seen you around these parts before.
Are you new here?"
She asked causually. Soku's gut instinct was screaming at her, that something was amiss here. There was something not quite right about the man before her but the Captain couldn't exactly place what it was. Before she could ponder on the fact any more, Izura broke into her thoughts inquiring about the dojutsu she possesed. The screams of that terrible night filled her brain. It had been quite an experience. Soku masked her reaction with a smile. She was good at that, false expressions. One of the reasons she excelled in her line of work."These eyes? There was no such deal.
Lord Hokage knows about them. We discussed it and he was more than reasonable. For that, I am grateful to him. If you wish to know the story behind them, perhaps we could talk somewhere....more appropiate."
She said adding the last words as the sounds of someone else approaching reached her ears.

The kunoichi turned to see whom and her eyes widened, a mixture of surprise and pleasure at seeing Hoheto. It had been a while since she'd seen him."Hoheto! Glad to see you. I was hoping we could talk again."She said offering a smile."I was merely visiting the complex to see if you were here in fact when I ran into Izura here."She said gesturing to the warrior. This Izura was somewhat of a shady fellow. His remark earlier about the ANBU divison had set off bells in her head. Had Takeshi mentioned him before? She couldnt recall any such comment or mention. Heck, he was the first guy she'd seen wielding a kusarigama. Not a common weapon around these parts."Do tell me but I assume you have some sort of shinobi. I don't know many citizens who posess such a fearsome stick and the way you carry yourself...would I be right in suspecting you are a ninja of sorts.
Hidden Leaf, perhaps?"
Soku shot the question at him. She couldn't help it. The female had to know who people were. It was in her blood to be curious. One thing was certain, Izura was no mere villager. Any person could see that easily.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“My my…it’s not often I get so many visitors here…”

Izura smiled, this time more genuinely. For a ninja that had spent much of his time on the run since the end of the Leaf Civil War, the idea of revealing one’s past was an alien one, perhaps even dangerous in the right hands. Yet Izura, for all the supposed crimes he had committed in the past, had become much more mellow in the time since being accepted back into the Hidden Leaf. There was no mistaking that his allegiance was now to this village, and not to some grandiose plan beyond the scope of the welfare of the village itself.

“I suppose since you already know where I live…for the sake of transparency, I don’t mind letting you know my past, captain…”

He let that last word sink in a little, just to keep Soku a little on edge. It was an amusing thing to do to most people- some even stumbled on their own words! At least that was the case with Ziren- the medical nin had been put on edge by Izura’s uncanny ability to know things that weren’t common knowledge that he had stumbled in feigning his lack of former ties to the ANBU branch.

“I’m a veteran of the Leaf Civil War, only here now because I was put under stasis in the final days of the war. It explains my….relatively young appearance. I met the hokage when he was the ANBU sennin, and he allowed me to rejoin the Leaf. Suffice to say, I’ve been working behind the scenes for quite a while now, doing missions that lie…..beyond the scope of the ordinary.”

Izura appeared to be roughly in his mid-twenties. If the story were to be believed, the statements lined up with his appearance. Of course, that wasn’t the entire story. He’d been branded a criminal in multiple villages at one point or another, but explaining that to the people here might not give off the greatest of impressions. The fact that Izura wasn’t ANBU, yet doing missions that one might assume ANBU would handle naturally, indicated that the hokage had more than one asset to draw upon for clandestine operations.

He let the sharingan pattern fade from his eyes. Maybe that’d take the edge off the situation just a bit.

“Please captain, there is no need for your sharingan to be active around me…if you have more questions about me, I am willing to answer them….your friend included.”

Truth be told, if he had wanted to, he could’ve attempted to insert false memories into their minds from the very moment either of them had arrived, influencing them in such a way as to make them more easily manipulated. Whether or not it was successful would’ve depended upon his concentrated effort, but the technique was so subtle that more often than not, targets let it happen.

(OOC Note: Jutsu referred to at the end is my CRPJ, Kotoamatsukami)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Affirming her presence, Hoheto's world suddenly became a better place; gradually, his worries evaporated like dew would on a summer morning. A feeling of warmth then spread across his cheeks as the santaru smiled broadly at him. Soku's captivating smile was like that of an Angel's. It forced Hoheto's body to go numb against the pain incured in his walk down there—with those ray of sunshine all over ruby eyes here, he could endure anything.

Hearing she had intended to visit, Hoheto's featureless gaze glinted like jewelry exposed to bright light. Beady and scintilating as they were, those sparks abruptly vanished as his pellucid gaze trailed her arm which slowly pointed to the fellow besides her, seemingly in his mid twenties. Izura she called him by name and in her tone Hoheto discerned she was seeing him for the first time like he was as well.

"I'm Hoheto"

The younger uchiha spoke then paused as he took a moment to analyze Izura while taking in his features for himself. Besides the older shinobi's equivocal appearance, he appeared to have the clan's doujutsu on. That and the roguish aura he exuded, remniscent of sharingan pirate—Tetsujin caused Hoheto to be apprehensive; Did he harvest those eyes off someone for himself or was he an uchiha as well? A second look at Soku confirmed his suspicion; she had her sharingan on as well, something he had missed prior as he were mesmerized by her charm. Inconspicuously, the teenage boy scanned Izura for any battle scars or evidence correlating him to the bereaved pirate as Soku inquired of his origin.

While Hoheto's eyes were busy, his ears worked twice as hard, as they tuned in to the duo's conversation. He appeared lost at first, but hearing Izura refer to Soku as captain etched a question mark on his features. Captain?! The lad's eyebrows crinkled in confusion as he shot Soku a surprised look but said nothing regarding that. Certainly, it was going to be a discussion for another time as he sought to be discrete at the moment. Right now, he was more concerned about Izura's knowledge on Soku. He seemed to know hings Hoheto had no idea of. Despite his offer to reveal his past, Hoheto remained undecided whether he was trustworthy or not.

The genin however listened to what he had to say. His past about the Leaf's civil war seemed real enough. Loosening up a bit Hoheto asked

"During the civil war, did you come across a shinobi named Hayate?"

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
So he was an old-timer. One of the few who had lived to tell the tale. It was his next words that put her on edge. He knew her rank within the branch. Soku's name and history was heavily concealed as was all ANBU member's. She eyed the Jounin warily."If you believe that is the way to make me trust you,
you are sorely mistaken. You know my name and rank. Such things are heavily concealed within the ANBU.
Tell me how you came acrose this village. I care not if you are some war veteran or prideful Uchiha. I doubt Lord Hokage would willingly give that information to anyone. So...speak."
Her sharingan gleamed fiercely then before, the tomoe pattern spinning rapidly. Her hand rested on the hilt of her blade. In a sense, she was glad Hoheto was her and shifted her feet so the female was a bit closer to her fellow comrade

It seemed he too had questions. Right now, however, she was far from at ease. The enviorment around them could sense the Santaru's emotions as a cold gust of air began to pick up. The early beginnings of a rainstorm."I do not wish to fight. But, the fact that any mere shinobi knows the exact name and rank of someone within the ANBU is concerning for a branch that specalizes in secrecy. I must ask you how you came across this information and I do hope for your sake, you have a valid answer."The Sennin, Maki had seen the old ANBU complex imploded after a skirmish with none other than the disgraced Maru. That much she knew. All the sensitive files and information had been transported immediatily.

Perhaps there had been a leak along the way."I'm guessing you don't know him either,
Hoheto?"
She said speaking to the male. She had a lot of questions ready. Soku was beginning to question the man. He held some secret. He had ties, that was for sure. How else would he have obtained such sensitive knowledge? The idea of a breach came to her head but the thought was laughable. The HQ was very well-guarded. The idea of an intruder was discarded almost immediatly."Is there anything else I need to be concerned about?"She said staring down the warrior. Soku did not want any more unexpected surprises.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hayate….the name did not ring a bell. Albeit, it had been a long time, and his memory became blurry at times as a result of the long time spent in stasis.

“I can’t say I remember a person by that name…” He said to Hoheto, before sighing in response to Soku’s immediate change in demeanor to one of hostility.

“On the contrary, captain, I could’ve kept my knowledge of you completely to myself, and neither of you would’ve been the wiser as to just how much I do know…but I did say that I’d tell you what you want, for the sake of transparency. But it seems that freely sharing what I know with you, only makes you more suspicious and hostile.”

He walked over to a railing near the porch of his home, and grabbed a towel, wiping his neck and forehead a bit. Izura’s attitude was of seeming indifference to the increased hostility that Soku presented. It appeared that…this was not the first time that an ANBU member had been distraught in front of Izura.

“Would either of you care for some coffee? Tea, maybe?” He said, before literally walking through the wall of his home as if he were some kind of ghost.

It was about 5 seconds before he reappeared, with a large container of coffee and three cups laid out on a platter. He set it down on a table on the porch, before taking a seat and propping his left leg up on his knee rather casually. Pouring himself a cup, he took the moment to relax a bit as he inhaled the aroma coming from the beverage. A smooth, airy aroma with a strong kick that indicated it was likely some kind of light roast. The sharingan faded from his eyes as he relaxed a bit.

“I assure you captain. If I was trying to hide something from you, no one would have noticed. If anything, that would be a reason to be more trusting of me, no? The mere fact that I know, and it still hasn’t jeopardized your operational security should serve as adequate proof to where my allegiances lie. As for why I know your identity…”

He smiled, laughing to himself in his head about how much trouble he might get into for mentioning what had happened. But he did agree to be transparent with them.

“I walked into the records storage, and I read your files. In fact, I essentially scoured the whole database for information on just about every ANBU operative, mission....et cetera. The hokage pardoned me for the intrusion after the fact, when we made a deal.”

He took a sip of his coffee again.

"On my terms, of course. I was the one who approached him."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Hoheto's eyes fell in disappointment at Izura's response. For a moment he'd hoped the older shinobi had come across his real dad during their service in the civil war which ended eighteen years ago, ultimately claiming his father's life. Hoheto wasn't born at the time and only got to hear stories of Hayate from his late mother. But inspite of having his expectation buried, Izura could not be faulted, If anything, he was being honest but not that it mattered.

Soku, the lad noticed took a different approach to things. There was a change in her posture as she assumed a battle stance with her blade at the ready when she drew closer to him. One look at her and he witnessed them again, those loving eyes dislodged entirely by the intense flames of anger. He'd seen that look before—as loving as she was, she could be frightening when unease. Hoheto then wobbled closer as clouds promising nothing but winds to level even the mightiest of trees to the soil brewed upwards. Soku perhaps was overreacting but If she was captain of the ANBU like he'd heard, then her actions were tenable given the circumstances, it was only natural for him to be supportive.

"You're right about that, I don't." Hoheto replies Soku, squeezing against his crutch as he glanced at Izura with an expression of seriousness embedded with curiousity. Questions pointed to what his reaction would be even as she questioned him with her next set of words.

Surprisingly, he opted to minimize conflict—something unsual amongst ninja. That was commendable but not as touting as his decision to offer tea to the duo. Hoheto quickly shrugged as he turned to Soku, contorting his features in a puzzled look. "Tea?" He asks, awaiting her response. Without much doubt, Tea seemed like a good idea as they could seat and address the issue at hand without the need for violence, the young shinobi was in no shape to fight anyways. He ventured to the table ahead, prodding Soku into following as he sat as well, stretching out his legs. Relaxed, he listened to everything Izura said.

Pondering on Izura's words, more questions were raised where answers should have been. Without delay, he pours them out.

"Why would you dredge the ANBU HQ for information concerning its members if you weren't planning on ratting out the Leaf in the first place? And even though Takeshi pardoned you which we would come to discuss about shortly, what assurance can you give that your allegiance to the Leaf would remain true in the event a purse rattling with gold ever comes knocking?" Hoheto asks, mostly concerned of his intended as she could potentially become a target if Izura decided to leak the info he had on the ANBU. He seemed like an unrepentant rogue ninja capable of such anyway.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She stared at him for a second before relenting walking close to Hoheto. She was just beginning to notice his injuries and made a note to ask him about those later."Fine. Tea sounds good with me."Taking her hand away from her blade, she watched not fazed at all observing as Izura appeared to simply walk through a wall as if it was not there at all and return with beverages. At this point, very few things tended to surprise her and she had seen quite a lot serving with the ANBU."Though it is a bit concerning to think on the fact someone even with all the security measures we have strolled in and gained access to the entire ANBU database. It is a bit...uneasy to think about."Soku didn't know what to make of the guy. On one hand, he seemed like a geniune shinobi ready to defend the village but when he threw in that whole 'breaking into ANBU' part, it seemed she had really walked into the den of lions.

On his term? Soku was beginning to dislike the dude more and more but for the sake of all present, she relented. Besides, Hoheto didn't exactly look like he was in the greatest shape. She uttered out of the side of her mouth to the Uchiha."After we're done here, tell me how you obtained these wounds?"She states it in a form of a question. This day had defnitely been interesting. Ran into a war veteran whom had access to basically everything about ANBU and find out Hoheto had gotten himself in quite a pickle."If you know this much about the branch, why not join it? I mean you seem to excel at this information and stealth thing. A asset we could utilize in the branch. Some people might not look too kindly on the fact but if Takeshi-sama pardoned you, his word is the word of the village. Though we would need to test your allegiances as my friend here says. Many people claim their loyalty and then turn tail and run. Being around so long, I trust you have heard of the exile of the mad puppet, Dokuso Maru?"Disgraced ANBU demoted to student and now a rogue, his name kept popping up more often then it should, it seemed.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back