Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Dry Run [Semi-Private Spar]

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sun was shining in the Forest of Death as Shinobu leapt from tree branch to tree branch. Jumping down from the branches he landed in his new favorite training spot since returning to Leaf. A mostly open clearing amongst the forest, a number of bushes and small tress here and there along with a collection of car sized boulders in one quadrant made it a great place to train. Looking down at the ground Shinobu began to inspect a series of marks in the grass that he did not remember leaving last time he was here. Then he looked over and saw some of the surrounding trees were also damage in ways that indicated chakra use where he had not trained at. "WHAT? Has someone else been using MY spot for training. Well I guess technically it is not MY spot, but still I have been training here ever since returning to Leaf, so it sure does FEEL like mine." The unjustified feelings of his spot being trespassed on seemed petty to Shinobu, but he still had trouble shaking them.

"Ehh, no point in fretting over spilled milk, whoever has been using this place isn't here right now. The real question is how do I want to train today?" Looking around at the field he mentally went through all the different ways he could practice and found his creativity lacking. "Throwing at wind blown targets has gotten a bit old, my chakra manipulation has never been more focused, I just need to clear my head with some warms ups." Leaping up onto the large boulder at the edge of the field Shinobu flipped into a handstand and started doing vertical pushups, after a few reps he lifted his left arm and started doing one-handed vertical pushups. Grunting with the effort he closed his eyes and tried to clear his head of all distractions.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Of course, Shinobu wasn't the only person who enjoyed a private setting for his practice sessions. Thinking he was alone, Shinobu idled in a clearing somewhere in the depths of the infamous forty-fourth training ground, better known as The Forest of Death. No matter the hour, it was always a setting rife with overgrown nature, the sounds of unknown beasts prowling in the dark, and the mysterious remains of battles fought here over the ages. A few narrow beams of light were penetrating the dense tree canopy and highlighted Shinobu as he basked in the glory of daylight. He seemed intrigued today and was examining the subtle signs of fresh impact in the area. Clean incisions left thin scars in the foliage and created straight croppings to the tops of tall weeds.

Not far from where Shinobu was located, the culprit responsible for finding his favorite spot was seated on a tall boulder. It was none other than Kaji, who was taking a quick lunch before continuing his training session of the day. As one should expect, shinobi with martial art specialties require a lot of physical training, and repetitious honing in order to reach their top forms. For years, Kaji had maintained a gruesome training regiment and was still upholding this standard now. He was never particular about where he trained, but the Forest of Death was considered an ideal place for cutting lose without causing trouble. Now another shinobi had come to the sport he found, possibly with similar intentions.

"I didn't know this place was so popular" The sound of Kaji's voice broke the silence of the forest, which misled Shinobu into expecting privacy. He could then turn to notice Kaji, sitting and watching from his perch. "This is the forest of death, but I can never wade through here without bumping into someone else." Kaji was very lax in the presence of this stranger and recognized him as just another peer. One of Kaji's eyebrows perked as he considered the possibility that it was this gentleman who was responsible for some of the damage Kaji noticed when he first arrived. "Leaf shinobi will throw down anywhere, won't they?"

After the hint of sarcasm, Kaji finished the last bite of an apple he was eating, and tossed the core harmlessly over his shoulder. "I was just taking a quick breather, but I already have dibs on this spot. Either we were both destined for new sparring partners today, or you need to find another place to hang your bullseyes."

- Kaji has entered the thread.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the silence in the forest broke with the strangers voice Shinobu flipped back onto his feet atop the rock. Looking over at the man who spoke he was filled with curiosity and respect. It was not easy to sneak up on Shinobu, not only was he a Sensor shinobi, but he also had a honed Sixth Sense when it came to unseen threats. This newcomer in the field had surprised him though, something only Umashi-sama and Kenshin-sensei had ever been able to do. "Well this should be interesting." Calmly bending his knees into a more solid stance and grinning with a mischievous smile, Shinobu listened to the man speak and watched as he chunked an apple core over his shoulder. "Hmm, obviously a Leaf shinobi, his stance and equipment speak to a well trained one at that, yes it seems the universe knew exactly what I needed today!"

As the stranger finished his explanation of calling dibs and then suggested a spar for the training spot Shinobu started to laugh loudly. "HaHaHa! I like your style friend, the Will of Fire shines in your words but I wonder, does it also shine in your actions? I accept the former proposal, I have been wanting to find a good sparing partner in the city since returning and I don't give anything away for free, especially my favorite training spot." Shinobu then grabbed his head in his hands and twisted just enough to cause a pop before moving down his body with a series of stretches and joint flexes. Jumping on his tippy toes briefly he shook out his hands in anticipation of a intense period of physical exertion. "My name is Shinobu by the way, Chunin in the Village. Try not to take it easy on me, I am a lot tougher than I look." And with his final word Shinobu started to position himself opposite the stranger and would begin to mirror his placement across the field.

[Calling Battle Mod]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The stranger in the grassy pit identified himself as Shinobu. Shinobu's pleasant reaction to the proposition of a sparring session came as a surprise to Kaji but was a welcomed one. Alas, it had been months since Kaji made his life-changing move from Maruishi to the Leaf; in that time he never stopped training, but he was missing the wealth of worthy sparring partners he developed under the Stone. This Shinobu seemed like an interesting fellow, and probably talented to boot. But at first glance, he was missing the sturdiness that made stone ninja perfect punching bags. Kaji was gauging Shinobu now and judged him as suitable for a few rounds of sparring—at least for a dry run. "I'll take your word for it," Kaji said in regards to Shinobu's comment about his own toughness. "In fact, I'll take that as a warning."

To most opponents, Kaji didn't present much of a threat either, at first glance. Visually, he was the symbol of modesty. As he arose from his seated perch, he took form as a tall and slender ectomorph, with time-honed muscularity hidden beneath a set of casual gentleman's clothing. He had long locks of obsidian hair, that blew in the subtle currents of air that passed through the forest. He swept them out of his eyes, which were narrow, and his brows were furrowed. They were pale green eyes on the verge of gray and sharply focused on his new opponent. Kaji then pushed off of his ankles and fell gracefully from his position on high to a suitable spot near the center of the clearing. The cloak that shrouded most of his apparel fluttered in his fall. It was haze gray with a hint of blue and pinned to his collar by a matte silver badge: his emblem of the Hidden Leaf. The cloak lifted, revealing a mundane, egg-shell button-up shirt with rolled-up sleeves, black suspenders, and earth-toned slacks. As he stuck the landing, two black canvas boots mashed into the mud. Before the cloak washed back over Kaji, there was a faint glow of light reflecting off of something green at Kaji's waist, it was the emerald in the pommel of Eelspine, the falchion he never left home without.

"My name is Okada Kaji" he added politely. "Until now the ANBU Corps has been using me as a head hunter, but I like to see myself as a more of a problem solver... only chosen when the Captains believe violence is the answer." His tone was more factual than haughty as he said those words. The fact did not transfer into pride for him, in fact, it felt limiting, even imprisoning at times. "I welcome the chance to face an opponent without having an order to end his life." Kaji then revealed his left hand in an outreached grasp and motioned for Shinobu to come forth. "And, I welcome the chance to fight honorably."

- Calling Battle Moderator.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wi0a5LX.gif

oh shit oh shit here come dat boi, I shall be your mod for this... thing. Just send me your profiles quoted in one PM then your actions in another PM, also do remember a few things:

1) Link your jutsu in your actions
2) Always say what level your using your jutsu, if its empty I'll mod it as rank 1
3) Tell me what you're maintaining in every PM you send me, if you don't mention any I'll assume you dropped it.
4) Follow the Deadline*

Normal Deadline is 2 days from now; if a longer time is desired you can both speak to me on Discord for a longer time period as long as you're both ok with it.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suddenly, the sound of a soft ringing pinged in Kaji’s ear. His excitement for a good spar fell flat on its face when a transmission came through his earpiece. It appeared that his time for a few rounds with Shinobu was shorter than expected. Kaji then raised up a hand with a flat palm facing forward. “Oh, hold it a second,” he said. “I’m sorry, but I just got a call on my comm-link… I got called in for a job; apparently, it’s some big deal, traveling out of the Land of Fire.” And just like that, the spar was over before started. “Sorry mate, but I have to hightail it out of here. With any luck, we’ll see each other around another day, and have that spar.”

Then Kaji vanished.​

- Canceling Bmod Request.
- Leaving the Thread Unless Stopped.

[Hello fellows. It is unfortunate that we decided to hold a spar one week before the major Combat System update rolled out. Due to the freeze on Bmod situations, we have been awaiting the resume date to start this fight. However, circumstances in-character require Kaji to withdraw from this thread, so that he may travel abroad on a new adventure in Kumogakure, coming this week. Shinobu, I would be happy to resume with another encounter once Kaji returns from The Cloud.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back