Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Enchanté [Free RP]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Spring was finally in full swing in the mountainous region of Lightning, its late arrival a great blessing to the citizens of Kumogakure. Spirits were high as everyone rushed outside to enjoy the weather knowing that, all too soon, the icy grip of winter would return to pluck away their joy. The Dawnbringer Plaza was teeming with people. Children ran and played near the fountain while their parents sat on the patios of the café’s that lined the edge of the plaza, having their coffee alfresco and enjoying the company of friends.

It was at one of these establishments that Takeo wished to patronize. He had spent the entire morning at the Academy training as per usual, but today was a little different. Instead of beating a helpless wooden post senseless with taijutsu, his specialty, he had been training his ninjutsu. Until very recently, he hadn’t been able to perform ninjutsu at all, but now he had a small arsenal of lightning-based attacks to help round out his fighting style. Learning to channel his chakra through handseals and shift it’s form to a basic element had been a difficult concept for Takeo to even grasp a few weeks ago. Now that the majority of his time and energy wasn’t going towards surviving to see another day, he had been able to buckle down at the Academy and get some real training and study in.

Takeo smiled. The reason he was able to excel at the Academy now was because he was blessed by the good nature and generosity of the Tsuyoshi clan. They had adopted him into their family and helped him to overcome his uncles abuse through direct confrontation. He could still remember the way it felt when his uncles jaw broke beneath his fist; like breaking a thick, green branch, POP! The clan that took him in had treated him with the same care that they would treat a blood relative, and the basic needs to survive that he had been struggling without for so long were finally being met. No, exceeded! He was proud to be a member of the clan, and had sworn to do everything he could to pay them back for their kindness.

His stomach grumbling loudly brought him back to reality. Now that he was eating on a regular basis, his appetite had grown tenfold! He was a growing boy, after all, and training helped build up an already healthy appetite into an insatiable beast. With ravenous intent, Takeo approached one of the café’s lining the plaza and took a seat at a table on the patio. With weather this nice, who would want to sit inside? A perky, blonde waitress quickly came to the table with a menu and a set of silverware rolled up in a napkin.

”Hello! Can I start you off with something to drink?” She asked cheerily.

”Yeah, I’ll have…” Takeo scanned the menu for a moment, settling on something he’d never had before, but sounded pretty good. ”An elderflower lemonade, please.”

”Okay, I’ll be right back with that for you!” As the waitress rushed off to get his drink, Takeo took in his surroundings.

It was a perfect day! It was pleasantly warm with the occasional gently wafting breeze. Only a few small, puffy white clouds dotted a cerulean sky. The weather was so nice that Takeo hadn’t even felt the need to wear his usual hoodie, instead opting for a royal blue t-shirt with the Tsuyoshi clan symbol, a white tiger’s head in profile, on the back. The rest of his clothes were his standard garb, though; denim blue jeans and a pair of white tennis shoes. It was plain attire, but Takeo liked it that way. Hell, he was happy just to have clothes that weren’t patched together or full of holes!

A breeze ruffled his messy, brown hair and caused the canvas of the red umbrella that gave his table shade to billow playfully. The patio was furnished with black, metal tables; the kind that were grated so that rain and snow could fall through them instead of pooling on top and causing rust. The chairs were made the same way, though the restaurateurs were concerned enough about their patrons’ comfort to add red seat cushions to them. The laughter of children playing and quiet conversation of the other customers, combined with soft background music, created a soothing atmosphere. All in all, Takeo really liked this little place.

”Here you are, sir!” The waitress said as she set his drink on the table. ”Do you need a couple more minutes to look at the menu?”

”Yes, thank you, ma’am.”

”No problem! Just flag me down whenever you’re ready.” She said with a smile and a bow before walking off to serve her other customers. Takeo picked up the menu again, this time reading it a little more thoroughly. All things considered, he had to admit that it was turning out to be a pretty good day.

[MFT: 833]

Kasamatsu Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Not often we get days like this," Amaya said openly, a smile worn on her face as her hair swayed gently with the breeze."Or maybe we do. I train too much to notice, I think."</COLOR><COLOR color="#FF00BF"> She laughed to herself before wandering into the plaza from one of the side streets. She scanned the area, taking note of all the happy children playing as the parents had conversations with friends or read the news sipping on their beverages. As beautiful a day as it was, she was worn out from all the training she'd been through, and wandered over to her usual cafe, which was one of many that lined the plaza. Ah, Amaya-san. Welcome back! Just a moment, I'll be with you after I grab this person's order. The blonde waitress waltzed off toward a table with a young man sitting at it.

He was young, she could tell that much by looking at him. "An academy student, perhaps? She thought to herself for a moment before making the decision to talk to him. She remembered her days in the academy and some were tough, whereas others were immensely simple. As a Chuunin, she felt she had a duty to introduce herself to whomever she met that could potentially be in the academy. The blonde waitress walked back into the cafe, and quickly back out again, carrying a drink over to the young one. As she left the table, Amaya walked over.

"Excuse my interruption, she stated politely. I noticed you sitting alone, and I was wondering if perhaps you'd like some company? She stared at him with a warming smile as a breeze blew through the area, making her dark purple hair sway in the wind with her hand tucking loose hair behind her ear, awaiting his response.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Excuse my interruption,” a female’s voice pulled Takeo’s attention away from his menu. ”I noticed you sitting alone, and I was wondering if perhaps you'd like some company?” He was a little surprised to have a complete stranger approach and offer to join him. She was a beautiful young woman, probably in her mid to late teens, wearing a black skirt and purple, sleeveless tunic. Taken aback by her forwardness, Takeo could think of no polite way to decline; and why would he?

”Oh, sure! Please, allow me…” Takeo stood and pulled out a chair for the woman. His new family had been taking the time to smooth out the rough, uncouth edges carved by his youth on the streets of the Cronopolis. As such, he tried to practice his manners regularly. Although, he still slipped a curse word out every now and again.

Once she was seated, Takeo returned to his own seat and introduced himself. ”I’m Tsuyoshi Takeo; and, you are?” While she introduced herself, the waitress returned with another menu and roll of silverware.

”Could I get you something to drink, miss?” She asked politely. Once her order was taken, Takeo presented an inquiry.

”So, do you mind if I ask what you do?”

Kasamatsu Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh, thank you," Amaya said as the kind young man pulled our her chair for her, motioning for her to sit. "That's very kind of you." As she seats herself, getting comfortable, the boy speaks. "I'm Tsuyoshi Takeo; and, you are? The boy was very well spoken, and seemingly well mannered. Is he really an academy student? The ones she had always met were either strange, or crass, so this was a bit of a new experience.

"I'm Izumi Amaya. It's an absolute pleasure to meet someone as polite as yourself, Tsuyoshi-san." she smiled in his direction as the blonde waitress returned to the table, and offered her a menu, as well as asking her a choice of drink. "My usual is quite fine. Coffee, if you would."

Presented with a request from Tsuyoshi-san, Amaya sat for a second before answering. "Well, I suppose you could say I'm always training. I'm a Chuunin. She laughed. "I'm looking to get into ANBU though, so I've gotta train rather hard, and often." She looked around the plaza "And how about yourself? Do you go to the academy? You seem to be of age for it."

The waitress returned with her coffee, as well as a small tray with milk, cream, and sugar."Oh, thank you very much. I love the coffee here, the fragrance is wonderful, and the taste is a utopia to me." She laughs, stirring in a little cream and a couple sugars. She hands the waitress the menu back. "I won't be eating today, but thank you for the offer." She smiles at the waitress, who is now seemingly awaiting Tsuyoshi's order patiently.

[WC = 274 Marked for Training]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Oh, thank you.” Takeo responded with gratitude to her compliment. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Miss Izumi.” He said. Now that he had been complimented on his manners, there was no way he could be rude! She went on to say that she was a chuunin, and that her days were filled with constant training. When she asked whether or not he was in the Academy, Takeo perked up.

”Yes, ma’am. Actually, I’ve just finished my curriculum, and I’m slated to go to the Wind Country Intervillage Genin Exams next week. Being no stranger to rigorous training, I should be a genin by the end of the month.” Takeo took a sip of his beverage as Amaya’s coffee arrived, smiling as she elatedly described her enjoyment of the hot, caffeinated beverage. ”I haven’t tried their coffee, yet. I’ll make sure to try it next time I’m here. I was feeling like something cool and sweet after this morning’s training.” As if to emphasize this, he took another sip of his floral, lemony drink. Takeo’s heart fell when Amaya turned down the waitress’s offer of food. If she wasn’t eating, then he couldn’t eat either. It wouldn’t be polite.

”Alright, then. How about you, young sir? Anything to eat?”

”Oh, no thank you, ma’am. I’m not all that hungry.” As if to rebut such an obvious lie, his stomach grumbled like a beast in a cage. Blushing sheepishly and scratching the back of his head, Takeo rescinded. ”Well, maybe I’ll just have a small snack. How about an order of the buffalo chicken croquettes, please?”

”Sure thing! I’ll be right back with that for you.” As the waitress flittered away to put in his order, Takeo smiled at Amaya.

”Sorry about that. My overly healthy appetite seems to have gotten the best of me.” After a sheepish chuckle, he returned to their previous conversation. ”So you’re thinking of going ANBU? What made you think about going down that particular path? I’m still trying to decide if I want to specialize with the Medical or ANBU Branches, or stay in the Main Branch so I have the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks.”

Kasamatsu Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Looks like I might see you there! I look forward to hearing your results after I pass the Jounin exam." Amaya smiles, and lets out a small laugh while talking. "I do apologize if my laugh felt a little condescending, it was more of a congratulatory thing. Getting to Genin is a pretty big step, so don't take it lightly, okay?" She winks as he speaks of his drink. "It's definitely a staple to have to regain some energy, sweets are in the right direction for sure." As Amaya hears Tsuyoshi's stomach growl, she laughed as the waitress ran off to grab him his snack. "Don't try to be polite on my part, Tsuyoshi-kun," she smiled, took a sip of her coffee, admiring the taste, and putting it back down, tucking a strand of purple hair back behind her ear as it decided to fall out of place. "I ate earlier, and after training I'm really not one to eat. The adrenaline still pumps for me, and I just can't bring myself to fill my belly so I wait until later. It's a wonder I haven't gained a significant amount of weight!" She smiles and laughs again.

"Why am I pursuing ANBU? That's actually a wonderful question, though I do hope you're ready for a kind of story to go along with said question." Amaya adjusted herself in the chair, getting comfortable before clearing her throat. "I guess you could say the type of work I'm most cut out for would be work that ANBU would be more a part of. You hear of them doing some underground work to protect the village, chasing those who go missing, aiding in some seriously tense situations, and they always seem like they have little to no remorse about what they do. I can absolutely relate to that." Amaya smiled, trying to make it as sweet as she could in the moment. Tell me, Tsuyoshi-kun. When you look at my face, my smile, my eyes and facial expression, what do you see? Don't worry if you need to take a moment to answer." She waited for his response, before her expression changed completely. Her demeanor dropped, her smile replaced with a rather wicked grin, her eyes went from happy-go-lucky, to near deadly with the stare she gave. She was going for bone-chilling, while hoping not to scare the young man too much. "There's a difference between the general populace of Kumo, and I need you to understand Tsuyoshi-kun, that my choice to be with ANBU relies much on what you're seeing now. However, I digress." Her expression lightened up significantly as the waitress returned dropping off the food for the young man.

"I do apologize if I frightened you, Tsuyoshi-kun. Though, to be quite honest, I'd love to hear your opinion on ANBU, and the medical branch and why you wish to include the main branch in your decision as well. It's not often you hear a lot about someone taking the main branch into consideration when they are also looking at ANBU and Med as options." She smiled again, picking up her coffee cup with both hands, taking a deep breath, clearly calming herself down after having to forcefully change her demeanor in the seconds it took before taking a sip, awaiting the young man's response.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”No offense taken.” Takeo replied to the comment about her laugh. ”It’s the first step to becoming a full-fledged shinobi. Even if it is the lowest exam difficulty, it’s still an important part to becoming who I want to be.” While Amaya explained her aversion to eating so quickly after training, Takeo’s croquettes arrived. The three baseball-sized spheres of shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and cream cheese, breaded and fried, were resting on a bed of marinara sauce. Takeo unrolled his napkin and placed it on his lap before picking up the fork and knife to begin doing full justice to the meal before him.

”Huh, I’m the exact opposite.” He said, cutting a piece from one of the croquettes and dipping it in some of the sauce. ”I have to eat as soon as I’m done training, or I’ll cramp up from the hunger. I always put in so much effort that my body needs to be replenished quickly. Besides, I think I read somewhere that eating something high in protein just after working out is supposed to improve muscle development, or something.” Takeo placed the morsel in his mouth and chewed, savoring the flavor of the spicy buffalo sauce now tamed by the cream cheese and chicken. He couldn’t help but let out an audible “Mmm”. Once he’d chewed and swallowed, he offered some to Amaya. ”Are you sure you’re not hungry? There’s plenty to share, and it tastes phenominal!” Regardless of her answer, Takeo would begin steadily working away and his meal as she spoke.

”Well,” he began to answer her inquiry. ”I guess I see a happy young lady.” Then, like flicking a light switch, her countenance changed. It was darker, more fierce, more… feral. Though, counter to her words and intent, Takeo couldn’t say he was afraid. He continued to eat his meal as if the person sitting across from him hadn’t mentally switched from polite-luncheon-partner-mode to I-want-to-devour-your-soul-mode. ”Huh, so your ability to blend in with the crowd helps conceal your bloodlust and willingness to kill. That’s a good skillset to have if you want to be ANBU.” He said, completely unphased.

”Honestly,” he continued. ”I don’t think ANBU would be a good fit for me. Subtlety and covertness aren’t really my strong suits. And, forget Medical. I don’t have enough empathy to treat patients, or brains to learn all that science mumbo-jumbo.” If his adoptive family heard him right now, they’d probably skin him alive. They were mainly in the Medical Corps, with their patriarch, Tsuyoshi Junko, sitting as Chief of Kinjutsu Surgery at the Aesculapium. ”No, I think I belong in the Main Branch. I’ll have the ability to perform a variety of missions and learn from a diverse group of seniors.”

[OOC: Sorry for the wait!]

Kasamatsu Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”No, I think I belong in the Main Branch. I’ll have the ability to perform a variety of missions and learn from a diverse group of seniors.” Amaya listened intently, nodding her head. "You're a smart young man. I think you'll do well in the main branch." She laughs, swirling her coffee in its cup. "I was personally never cut out for the main branch, and I'm sure you see why. Skills are useful, but the fact that you're willing to learn to well from your seniors will put you above and beyond many expectations." She flags down the waitress, signalling she would like a refill on the coffee.

"Do you know exactly which type of missions you'll be wanting yet? Or are you the type to, as they say, go with the flow?" As the refill arrived for Amaya, she thanked the waitress before stopping her. "Whatever it is that he's got, it looks good. I'd like to have some as well, please." She smiled as the waitress nodded and walked away. "So how often do you train? What is your regiment like, if you don't mind my asking." Amaya has always been curious of others training days, as well as what they do to call it training. "Do you like focusing more on a certain type of jutsu, or are you going to try to be the all around type of shinobi?" She sipped her coffee awaiting his answer.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Well, I wouldn’t say “go with the flow”. It’s more like blind acceptance of what my superiors tell me to do. When I joined the Academy, I swore to follow the orders of those appointed over me. So, regardless if I want a particular type of mission, I’ll do what I’m told.” Takeo paused to take a bite of his croquettes, chewing and swallowing before continuing. ”It’s a double-edged sword, really. On one hand, it’s nice that I won’t have to worry about what I’ll be doing for the rest of my life. On the other, to live the rest of my life knowing that I’m not really free, that I live or die on the whims of my superiors, that notion is very daunting.”

”In the end, I think I would prefer combat missions and guardian missions. I like the idea of protecting people from those who would do them harm. Besides, I’m tougher than most, even for shinobi and students of my caliber. I can take more abuse than they can, so I’m more able to protect others.” His brow furrowed, then; his eyes darkening and his demeanor more serious. ”People who would harm others for their own selfish gains, or who attack others for no other reason than the sake of it, they’re nothing but pathetic bullies.” He turned his eyes from his plate to Amaya’s, a fierce fire of determination burning in them. ”I hate bullies. I’ll do everything in my power to stop them, and protect the people of Lighting and Cloud.”

”Oh, and I’d like another lemonade, please!” Takeo said cheerfully to the waitress as she took Amaya’s order, completely dropping out of his dark mood and returning to a sunny disposition. Maybe he and Amaya had more in common after all.

”My training regimen? Well, until recently, it was all I could do to just survive the Academy. I’d put everything I had into every class, and I wouldn’t really train outside of the Academy.” Realizing how bad that sounded, Takeo looked to dispel any negative reactions from Amaya. ”Not by choice, mind you. It’s just that, when I wasn’t at the Academy, I was doing my best just to stay alive. I… didn’t really have the best childhood.” Understatement of the century, but Takeo continued. ”My main priority when I wasn’t at the Academy was finding food, shoring up my shelter for the winter, and… avoiding certain things. Though, I guess all that hardship did make me stronger. In a twisted way, it sort of was training.” He was obviously omitting things, concealing some of the darker aspects of his past. Whether it was out of embarrassment to admit them to someone, or an attempt to protect himself from the memories was left up for interpretation.

”It was only recently that I was able to start a regular training regimen. The Tsuyoshi Clan took me in, and since then I’ve been able to devote entire weeks to training up for the exams. I’d do basic physical training in the morning; running, weight lifting, and such; and then train specific techniques in the afternoons. Until very recently, all I could do was taijutsu, but I’m phenomenal at it, so it never really bothered me. I was in a class the other day, though, and I was sparring with someone who used mainly ranged ninjutsu. I realized how unbalanced my technique was, so I started training up on ninjutsu, too. Now I’ve got pretty much all of the lightning-based ninjutsu in my skill level down pat! Although, I’m still way better at taijutsu.”

Takeo stopped, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. ”I’m sorry! I’ve been rambling on for quite a while now. I should be asking you what you do for training! Maybe I can learn something to help increase the effectiveness of my training from you?”

MFT: 645wc

Ogami Itto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Having finished his rather unique training regimen for the day early, Makoto found himself with free time so decided to fill it with a pleasant walk. As he wandered from street to street, idly observing the day to day lives of the people here, he couldn’t help but wonder about what his next step would be. He had made it to the village, took up residence in his ancestral home, joined the academy to seek strength, just as father had told him. However what next? How on earth would he actually complete the tasks set before him? He pushed these concerns to the back of his mind for the time being, in time the opportunities would present themselves, he would simply have to seize them when they arrived.

His mind drifted instead to his time spent traveling to this place, to the oddities and curiosity a man might find so far from civilisation. His thoughts were interrupted by a rather unpleasant pop, followed immediately by a sharp pain running across his left ankle. “Ah, sweet mother of-” Makoto cursed, hobbling towards a nearby cafe.

The flame headed boy stumbled into the cafe, stuck in a most awkward position of both trying to clutch his ankle and walk at the same time. Without really checking he lunged forwards onto a nearby chair, only realising a moment later that someone was already sat at this table. He glanced between them, a purple haired girl, well, young woman really, next to a boy around his own age. “Ah, pardon my intrusion.” He managed to say through gritted teeth, waving the waitress over, “I think I just tore a ligament, I just need some ice on it and then I’ll be out of your hair as soon as I can.” He gave a polite nod. “Again, terribly sorry about all this, just pretend I’m not here.”

Kasamatsu Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Tsuyoshi spoke, Amaya could swear she heard much of the same in his voice as people had heard in hers. Constant struggle deciding, yet knowing exactly what he wants to do all at the same time. The trouble deciding always took her off-guard, personally, but she listened intently as the Academy Student spoke, soon going into his personal regimen but stopping himself short after a bit to ask her what she did. "My regimen? I'm quite certain it may be a tad out of your league at the moment, but I'd be more than happy to explain to you how I train near every single day, but that's going to be a bit of a story, so I hope you don't mind sitting around for a little bit with little ol' me." She laughed as she took a small sip of her coffee before continuing. "With training, comes a certain responsibility to be upheld by not only your body, but your mind as well. I constantly take part of my early morning, generally just after the sun rises to take a nice jog out to The Ancient Forest where much of my training takes place." As she mentioned the ancient forest, the waitress came back with her food, to which Amaya took a moment to pause, picking up a dumpling and taking a bite. "You certainly have wonderful taste in food, Tsuyoshi." She smiled, finishing off the dumpling and taking another sip of her coffee to wash it down.

"I'm sure you've heard of meditation, correct? I feel that a centered body and mind are a key element in order to train and get the most from training so I like to take a bit of time, usually however longest feels best, to meditate before I start combat training." She smiles, looking around at the surrounding area. "Then comes the fun. I've got a lot of affinity for Ninjutsu, but I do love my taijutsu. I've got an affinity for water ninjutsu, so that's generally what I practice most often, with my latest creations going into ice and crystal." She laughs, remembering the first time she had been able to use ice ninjutsu, then a smile drew over her face. "Water is beauty to me. I love how it's got a flow to it, and yet, everything in life is the result of some form of water or another, so it's like the life blood of the world, so to speak. You and I are made up of water, the food we eat used it to become food, in a way, and we've even got coffee and your wonderful looking drink from it." She tapped the table a few times before continuing. "However, when I think of water, rarely do you think of crystal to go along with it, but with proper technique, you can form some amazing things with crystal jutsu, so my training depends on what I want to focus on for the day. Lately it's been my crystal affinity. I want to perfect my Obsidian Dragons. They're magnificent, but I feel they could always be better. Though I've been told that because of my Haku lineage, I should probably focus a lot more on honing my ice jutsu." As she finished her sentence, another young boy came stumbling into the cafe, lunging at their table, seemingly in a bit of pain.

"Not at all. I understand the pain. A shame I can't just conjure something up for you, but combat jutsu doesn't work like that. You know, ice affinity and all." She laughs, looking at the flame headed boy, then back to Tsuyoshi before taking a bite of another dumpling. "This turned out to be interesting, don't you think, Tsuyoshi-kun?"

[M4T = 624 wordcount]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Takeo ate as he silently listened to Amaya lay out her training regimen. Starting with cardio in the morning, then meditation? Takeo didn’t put much stock in meditation, or anything spiritual, really. Strange, since jutsu were created by blending spiritual and physical energies. That was something every shinobi knew. Takeo had never spent much time learning about the spiritual aspect of being a ninja, instead focusing almost solely on the physical. Even now, having learned some ninjutsu, he had simply willed the energies to comingle and focused them through the proper handseals and mediums. Maybe if he took the time to explore his spiritual side, he’d be better at ninjutsu?

As the conversation drew on, Amaya would notice Takeo’s face becoming ever more flabbergasted. He had expected a pretty sizeable skill-gap, what with her being a chuunin and all, but damn! He could hardly keep up! Water jutsu, that made sense; and he’d heard people could combine some of the basic elements for more advanced jutsu, but he wasn’t even close to a skill level that could attempt something like that! That’s when Takeo finally realized the real difference between someone of his level, a mere student, and someone who had grown to the heights of chuunin. There was no comparison.

Just as he was about to reply, a red-headed kid around his own age stumbled into their midst, collapsing into one of their spare chairs. After some apologies, the boy said he was injured, and waived over the waitress for some ice. Amaya apologized for her skills being less than medicinal before commenting on this most recent curious turn of events.

”Uh, yeah, that’s one way to put it.” Takeo said, food now forgotten as he turned to the newcomer. ”Well, we’re not going to just pretend you’re not here. I’m Tsuyoshi Takeo, a student at the Academy, but you can just call me Takeo; and this is Lady Izumi, chuunin.” Vacating his seat, Takeo walked around and bent down to observe the boy’s ankle. ”Wow, it’s already swelling pretty bad. Here, I’ll help you put it up on my chair. Elevation will slow the swelling a bit.” So long as the boy was okay with it, Takeo would gently elevate his leg so that it was resting on the cushioned seat of his chair.

”Excuse me, ma’am!” Takeo called out to the waitress. ”Could you get us a bag of ice please? This… guy’s injured.”

”Sure thing, right away!” She said, rushing off to the kitchens. Once the waitress had gone, Takeo asked the boy a question.

”Sorry, what was your name again?” After giving him the chance to answer, Takeo continued. ”Well, if you think it’s torn, we should probably get you to the Aesculapium. I’m no good with healing jutsu, but they’ll definitely be able to help. Otherwise, a torn ligament takes forever to heal.” Takeo flashed back to a time his uncle had torn a ligament in his leg by grabbing him while he was trying to run away. He’d walked with a limp for weeks, and was in constant pain. If it weren’t for his Healing Factor, he never would’ve recovered from that without permanent disfigurement.

Ogami Itto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Makoto couldn’t help but think back on the outset of his journey south towards this village, near the slag piles on the coast, in the small hamlet of Keikyoku. After a rather unpleasant encounter at sea, he had wound up there rather worse for wear,if wasn’t for a sailor by the name of Minato he would likely have never left that place. That always amazed him, Minato, Keitaku, and now this boy, they never had any real obligation to help him, yet they did anyway.

It was people like these that reminded him why finishing his father’s work was so important, before the Ōkina Uragiri, men like this were abundant in the ranks of the Rengō, honourable, benevolent, merciful men. In times like these, everyone could use a few good men like those.

Makoto managed a chortle at the older girl’s joke, “Aye, I’d rather keep my foot firmly attached to my leg, rather than, you know, shattered.” He nodded his acknowledgement as Takeo gave their names, “My name is Rengō Makoto,” as per usual, he refused to hide the sullied name of his clan, “and there’ll be no need to waste their time on me. I know my body and its pains, nothing major, just a minor sprain, slap some ice on it and give me three days of rest. After all, I can still move it and put weight on it, it’s just not a very fun experience. Still, thanks for offering, and for the chair, very kind of you.”

Kasamatsu Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Amaya laughed as the boy refused the help of the two taking him to the hospital for help with his injury. "Don't worry. I don't hit the hospital often. Then again, I don't get hurt often, but even still, I make it a point to avoid the med-nins. I don't like building up a reliance on anything except maybe jutsu and training." Amaya looked back to Tsuyoshi. "As for you, don't think I didn't notice the look on your face as I talked." She smiled. "With a skill gap as wide as mine to yours, it's no wonder you'd be surprised as to using advanced affinities and the like. It's not easy, but once you learn, it's a wonderful little trick to have. The wonderment of the Obsidian Dragons, the usefulness of the Demonic Ice Mirrors, and the look of pain on an enemy's face when you lock them into an Ice Prison is absolutely priceless." She laughs before stopping herself.

"Goodness, I shouldn't have continued on like that. That sounded rather savage of me, didn't it?" She looked to Rengo, then back to Tsuyoshi. "Besides, it seems I'm talking to much, considering we've got a new guest here. Why don't we get to know him a little, hmm? What brought you to the area today? Couldn't have been tea or coffee by the way you were going." She smiled, taking another bite of her dumplings as well as a sip of her coffee to wash it all down.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Well, you know your body better than anyone else.” Takeo said, shrugging at Makoto’s dismissal of the idea to head to the Aesculapium. If all he thought he needed was some rest, that was on him. Takeo went searching for a spare chair and, upon finding one, brought it back to the table and sat, seeing how Makoto’s foot was propped up on the only other one at their table.

”Yeah, well, if I ever get that good with ninjutsu, it would be a miracle.” He said in response to Amaya’s quip about his exasperation at her skill level. ”I’ll probably just stick to taijutsu mostly, and only use ninjutsu when I absolutely have to. I would much rather face my enemies head-on with my fists than anything else.”

Takeo listened to Amaya’s line of questioning of the newcomer, piping in with his own question when she was done. ”Yeah, are you a student at the Academy? You seem to be the right age for it.”

[OOC: Sorry for the wait and the short post. Been struggling with some work stuff lately, not to mention a mild case of writers block.]

Ogami Itto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“...and the look of pain on an enemy's face when you lock them into an Ice Prison is absolutely priceless." Makoto kept his face impassive at her saying that, but made a mental note to get her name and add it to his list.

This is just where I ended up while I was walking. I’m fond exploration you see, places like these, streets knotted together into tangles and snares, all sorts of nooks and crannies to poke around in,” He paused for a second before adding, “All sorts of rooftops to reach the top of. Setiawan, my father, he told me one of the first things I should do on entering such a place, get an idea for the layout.” It was mostly the truth, his father had probably been trying to tell him that between fervent whispers, manic laughter and crying, it was not one of his good days when he passed that advice to him.

And yes, I am a student actually.” He confirmed, “Not for very long mind you, I only arrived here recently.

Kasamatsu Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"And yes, I am a student actually.” He confirmed, “Not for very long mind you, I only arrived here recently." Amaya just looked at the boy. "You seem rather confident that you'll surpass the student title quickly. What makes you so sure?" She sipped her coffee again, her foot nonchalantly poking at Rengo's injury. All she did was smile as she ate her food while also silently observing his chakra. She felt this kid might be something to be remembered if he were this cocky that he'd get past Student so quickly after arriving in the village.

"So, if you just arrived, where are you from exactly? What makes you so special to be able to come to Kumo and think you'll be Genin so quickly?" Her question seemed to be insulting, but was meant as a rather tame question in regards to the kid's cockiness. "I mean, you sound so ridiculously sure of yourself. You must have a reason for it." She smiled, put her coffee down and awaited a response while looking over to Takeo. "What about you? Genin soon, right? Excited?"

Ogami Itto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ahh, you misunderstand me. I mean I haven’t been a student for long, I’ve no delusions of grandeur, I’ve some way to go.” He said, a disarming smile appearing on his lips for a moment before reverting back to his typical stoic gaze. “But who knows? Perhaps I could get lucky and climb the ranks a little faster.” He joked

It’s a complicated scenario really, I was born here, but only a few weeks after I was born my family fled. It was after the Rengō tore themselves apart, he was forced to flee with my mother. So really, all I’m doing is coming home.” He reached into his jerkin and pulled out a creased and stained piece of paper, tapping it against the desk he slid it across towards her. “That letter has my father’s seal, him naming me as his child, and other miscellaneous credentials. His last gift before he passed away.” There was a sudden grimness as he mentioned his father's death.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back