Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Event] Instruction of Doctrine, Justice, and Judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To know wisdom, and instruction: To understand the words of prudence:
and to receive the instruction of doctrine, justice, and judgment, and equity:
To give subtlety to little ones, to the young man knowledge and understanding.
A wise man shall hear and shall be wiser: and he that understandeth, shall possess governments.
He shall understand a parable, and the interpretation, the words of the wise, and their mysterious sayings.

The command had been issued several days before and trickled through the mysterious ways of the ANBU watershed to all who would hear. Assemble this day, the first of the eleventh month, on the third level of the Sileo. That could only mean one place to the initiated: the chamber of address. The huge, bare room had been mothballed some time before, but a dedicated squad of trainees atoning for certain infractions had opened, aired, and cleaned the place. The floor was scattered with clean sand. The banners of the nation, village, and ANBU hung from the girders. A simple stage had been raised at the rear of the room. Here stood Santaru Rin and Takaki Masao, before the great seal of the Kumogakure no Sato no Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai.

Once upon a time, when Rin was young, an assembly in this place would have been standing room only. She herself had led the decimation of the Corps and with her own two hands murdered her youth. Her tenure as Grand Commander had seen a slow rebuilding of the corps' strength. So it was again that she presided over a diminished and demoralized corps. The great trials of life never ended, but only repeated themselves in small variations on the same patterns. She silently surveyed the slow procession of operatives into the chamber. The mood of her corps was muted, pensive. They awaited news--and all knew, or thought they knew, the subject of this address. The changes: a revolution in the true sense of the word--a return to ways discarded by her successors. But the changes went beyond that. Many of the means she used back in those days were no longer sufficient; moreover, she had learned better methods over time...

The steady stream of ANBU began to dwindle. She waited a minute longer, then spoke strong and clear, without aid of a microphone.

"You have come today to receive guidance. You have come today to receive certainty. You have come because it was commanded. Today, only the first and last may be satisfied. I can offer you little certainty, brothers and sisters, about what will come in the future. The nation burns. The breath of evil is at our throats.

"But this certainty remains: only fools despise wisdom and instruction, and so fools must learn by experience. I have been a fool, yet fortunate--I have outlived most in my generation and continue to serve. If you are fortunate, perhaps this is the fate that awaits you. If you are wise, it is not.

"Now, receive the instruction of doctrine. Memorize it." She raised her hand, and from above the door flicked on a projector. The screen behind her was illuminated with text.

"Immediately subsequent my reactivation as Grand Commander, I created the rank of Regent Commander and assumed that role and leadership of the ANBU Corps until such time as I die, am replaced at the pleasure of the Raikage, or select my successor. The rank of Dai Gensui remains inactive until that time. Your Vice Commander, reactivated at the same time as I, is Takaki Masao.

"You may notice that this rank hierarchy is greatly reduced. Our numbers and our role do not support a complex chain of command. Moreover, previous systems of rank were designed to limit advancement and enforce the retention of power among a social class of elite much diminished among the Corps. How many among you are the soft-handed sons and daughters of wealth and rank? Few, now. The ANBU Corps is not a daycare for indulgent children. Thus, this is the new law law: among you, the experienced and skillful are senior! Those with talent and most importantly, the will. Your deeds and loyalty win you status among your peers! Nothing more than that. The new law is the same as the old: vigilance is success. In this, we return to the path described by the lord Raiden.

"The rank of Grand Captain has been deactivated until such time as our organization returns to its former strength and requires more roles in logistical command. Until then, turn to your captains! Those who remain are wise and most importantly are survivors. Learn from them! If you are intelligent, if you are loyal, if you are strong--cleave to your leaders and learn from their examples! None of us may succeed alone. None of us are powerful alone. Together, this Corps, this body is mighty--through your bonds in the ANBU, your bonds in the village, the blood that you shed for the Raikage and this nation, you are redeemed against the shadows of every terrible deed we ask of you."

The screen flickered and changed to the next slide.
ANBUunithierarchy.png

"The mission of the ANBU has narrowed. You now all know your new roles. Our manpower no longer supports the multiplicity of roles we filled in this village in years past. Many of the responsibilities of the former Domestic Guard division have been taken up by the Main Branch. We wish them godspeed. However, we retain the honor and duty of ensuring the Raikage's safety, Raiden's blessing be on him. Internal Affairs is replaced by Operational Logistics, which also handles the security of the Cavern of Ten Thousand Deaths as well as matters of internal discipline for our Corps. Vice Commander Takaki Masao now leads the Strategic Operations Division; the majority of you are now under his chain of command. He will brief you shortly.

"The School of Special Circumstances--it is my privilege to take in hand the newest generations of trainees. Those of you new to the Corps--my office is open to you. Training Squad One comprises the entire School, but it is my hope that soon we will need many squads to fulfill our obligations to the future."

She swept the assembled ranks of ANBU with her gaze. The air around her darkened almost imperceptibly as she summoned chakra to bolster her voice. "Now listen and heed my words! Those in this room--we are one body! We live as one, we bleed as one, we suffer as one! Forsake not the law I give you, as it is the law that has come before and the law which will pave your path to the future! Open your hearts to receive these words, keep these tenets, and you shall live. If you accept wisdom and prudence, and forget them not, and forsake them not, they will keep you.

"Those who have joined this Corps for honor and glory, take up your weapons and depart! You have taken the road of folly. The honor of the ANBU is the honor of the Raikage, not honor heaped upon one name.

"Listen to my words--you are my sons and daughters, as I was the daughter of he who came before me, and he the son of the one who came before. Listen and the years of your life may be multiplied! I will show you the way of wisdom and lead you by the path of equity.

"Take all opportunities to learn--leave them not! Learning is your life. When you have ceased to learn, mourn, as soon you will die. Follow not the paths of the wicked, and do not profit by the ways of evil men. Forsake them and all of their designs.

"Watch your hearts and keep them! Give them to no one else. Your lives reside there--not the life of the body, but the life of the soul. Distance yourselves from the frivolous and the liar and the gossip. Choose your company wisely; it is in that company you will die. If you have learned nothing else from the ANBU, think back on those you have seen rise and fall in our ranks in years past, and learn that lesson!

"We are the left hand of the light! That which is needful yet sinful we accomplish. This path is glass beneath the feet, the high peak, and a misstep is as good as death. Keep your eyes before you and walk with care.

"In the past, all those reborn as ANBU were doomed to die as ANBU--or traitor. This law I cast aside. You may resign. Only speak to me or your commander, and you will be allowed to depart in honor and with thanks for your service.

"In the past, fraternization among the ANBU was used as an excuse to punish individuals and factions fallen from favor. But if we are to rise together, should you not know each other? If your commanders are wed, should you not have the same right? The laws on fraternization are suspended. Build your bonds here."

She closed her eyes for a moment. This was the longest, perhaps truly the only speech she had ever given--the only time she had ever stood before her entire Corps, the first time she had stood before a body of this size and addressed them all. Could she at this age be in the grip of fear? Not of boring them... Not of their judgment... But of failing them. The children of her heart, no matter how she used them.

"You have chosen and in turn been chosen for a terrible duty, and many of our people hate you as they hate death, and fear you as they fear darkness. But our work is the work of life." She declined her head for a moment, then stepped back to let the Vice Commander take the fore.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

As Rin withdrew, Masao now stepped forward, also speaking without the use of a microphone.

“On behalf of the Regent Commander, I wish to welcome you all here today. I also wish to announce the promotion of trainees Asazaki Enma and Ouja KaiKai to full agents, or mempo. In addition, I am announcing the promotion of agents Jaeda Shino and S. Joukuu to the corps of buntaichou, with the responsibilities attendant to that rank. You have served your village and your nation well and we expect you continue to do so.

We start the latter half of Raikage Hayata Shin’s first year with a country in flames and our Corps smaller than ever before. Some of you may lament that our numbers are not greater, and wish to open membership to our fraternity to any shinobi or kunoichi with a blade to grind and a thirst for blood. However numbers alone are not strength. Each of you is in this hall today because you demonstrated that you had not just the physical skills or the right bloodline origin, but also the mental and moral fortitude to withstand a greater enemy: ignorance. You rejected simple-minded emotional platitudes, base appeals to prejudice, and the intoxicating comfort of single-mindedness when making your decisions and establishing your principles. You have shown that you are not simply warriors, but also scholars of the human condition. We ANBU have a terrible responsibility to the village: to serve as its conscience and if need be, its disciplinarian. That burden should never be taken on by someone who relies on others to do his or her thinking. That is why our selection process is not simply about who can shoot, run, swim, and slash best, but who is able to reason best.

I will say this: if we are marked to die from the trials ahead, then the greater honor goes to us, both living and dead. I would NOT wish to perish with a single man or woman more than the shinobi assembled in this room today. He or she who has no stomach for the coming fight, you are free to depart, your passport shall be made, and pension given to your account. We would not wish to die in that person’s company that fears his fellowship to die with us. From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. He today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. And shinobi now in bed will think themselves accursed that they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap while ANY speak that stood with us on this day.”

He inhaled, slowly. Speechmaking had never been his true strong point – Ryuuto and especially Shinbatsu had always been the more charismatic speakers. Yet their time was long past, and if the ANBU wanted to avoid the pitfalls of those years gone by, it was now up to Rin and Masao to lead them. With a wave of his hand, he gave the chakra signal for the next phase of the gathering.

Slowly, sections of the floor began to rise, in orderly rows between the assembled operatives, revealing themselves to be worktables. The tops of these tables now slid upward, revealing for each operative in the room a white, standard-issue ceramide mask blank, along with supplies of various sized brushes and paint. Clearly, something was afoot.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the paper ordering the meeting in hand, Kosei floded it up and shoved it in his back pocket while walking into the designated hall on the third level of the Sileo Tempestas. Rin began to talk as the teen slipped in through the crowd and took his place next to KaiKai, who had already gotten there (as Kosei had come in slightly later than most of the people, but earlier than some).

While the two commanding officers might not have been the most eloborate or eloquent speakers, they knew how to get their point across one way or another. Personally, Kosei thought the speeches had been amazing, both of them, but then again he wasn't exactly a good public speaker himself, so he had nothing to compare it to. The small crowd of ANBU who'd gathered in the room were few: maybe two hundred... maybe. It's true that the ANBU corps used to have, at it's peak, four to five times this many, thought exact numbers he couldn't have been sure of.

Masao announced that Enma and KaiKai, the puppeteer he'd finally met the other day, were to be promoted to Mempo, or the full ANBU. Inwardly, Kosei was jealous; he'd been with the ANBU for almost five years, and he still hadn't been promoted. He didn't know exactly why, other than that he hadn't earned it yet. He thought that he had, but he went along with it and didn't question his authority. Whenever they decided he was ready, he would be ready.

On the subject of the "fraternization" as Rin called it, Kosei didn't know how he felt, or rather, he wasn't sure what to feel. He'd known that being in the ANBU came with certain responsibilities, and certain limitations. One of those was marriage: it wasn't allowed, at least no until now. The teen had often dreamt of having a family, wondering what it would be like. He was begining to be of that age, as well, where it would be est to get married, if fate were to have it happen. A shinobi's life span was considerably shorter than that of a civilian, and thus was the same for the rest of their lives. They had to grow up fast, or potentially die as a result of their immaturity. That brought up Rin's overlying point: wisdom.

Kosei was always learning, because there was much he didn't understand. But knowledge is very different than wisdom. What good is it if you don't apply it? Only once knowledge has been applied to your everyday life can you truly attain wisdom.

After Masao finished speaking, the floor shot up in front of him, and everyone else, in what appeared to be workbenches. On them were perfectly centered plain white ANBU masks, brushes and paint resting beside them. Perfect... he thought. The boy had already planned out what his ANBU mask would look like when he was promoted, so he wouldn't complain about getting a custom mask early. He grinned, waiting for some kind of affirmation, so he knew he could begin painting.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Akkuma wore his full Anbu combat attire along with the Anbu robes, all of his gear was midnight black. Summoning storage seals on the wrist of each hand, tied to his back by a piece of black silk string was a Large Summoning Scroll along with a long six foot in length scythe. The weapon possessed a three foot long blade that was razor sharp and strong enough to slice easily through armour. He wore a plain white mask as he hadn't received his mask yet, he'd hoped he would be able to choose his mask when that time came but he would have to wait and see. Akkuma had been down to the corps tattooist to get the Anbu Black Ops Corpse tattooed onto his forehead, the tattoo was done in a special chakra sensitive substance. The substance remained transparent whilst in contact with chakra but when there was no chakra in contact the substance becomes a black visible ink. He'd sped up the healing process of the tattoo with a low level healing jutsu so he had no need to worry about the inconvenience.

The red eyed Uchiha arrived at the designated meeting area promptly on time standing towards the back of the group, his red eyes fixed on the members on at the very front. 'Our superiors in command..' their words were law within the corps guided them for the honour of the Raikage. The seventeen year old Anbu in training remained statuette-like still as there Regent Commander spoke, the shadow in training listening to every word spoke. 'It sounds like the nation is in an ominous state at the moment..' he thought to himself knowing there was indeed something that needed to be done.

'Thinking and acting as one body, selfless and devoted to the whole just what lethal organization needed. Its how the perfect organization would be, its what they needed but would it be possible?' he thought to himself he knew these were Kumogakure's finest and if anyone could do it they could. When the topic of fraternization amongst members came about he smiled 'I wonder if that applies to past incidences before the expulsion of that ruling?' he'd have to check somehow, he thought listening intently to his superior.

Another one of Akkuma's superiors moved forward to speak when the Regent Commander was done, this Captain followed by giving a small but well spoken speech that would have raised morale to its highest point. Once he'd finished workbenches rose with brushes, essential tools for crafting and designing were all present. He wondered would they really be allowed to make their masks he hoped so, Akkuma had been certain on his design for years now. Hopefully he'd be allowed the design otherwise hopefully he wasn't subjected to a horrible design, then again being an anbu held an aura to it by itself. He felt anticipation in the air excitement was here along with a variety of emotions.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was at this moment in her career, the kunoichi felt nothing but undeniable certainty. This was where she belonged and always had, serving under two of Kumo’s finest, their commanding officers. There were many shinobi she tolerated, but few she respected; however both Rin and Masao had something every leader should have. A presence. And they had the credentials and the history to back that presence up. As with every group, unity was dependent on great leadership. Those with ideals and guidelines, as well as the confidence and vigor to put them in action were a rare sort.

’We’re a lucky bunch of bastards,’ The woman mused, though she was sure some felt quite the opposite. ’Jeada Shino.. I’d take this to speech to heart.’ She had yet to hear of his promotion; however the thought of it sickened her. From her first encounter with him in the class that had taken place just recently, his disrespect had done nothing but lower him to trainee status in her eyes. First impressions were important, indefinitely with her. If she were to work with him, so be it, however she certainly wanted no outside relationship with him otherwise.

And then onto the subject on fraternization? A subject she was all too familiar with; and there was a definitely feeling of being pin-pointed amongst them. She was sure there were others, but to her knowledge not many. Without meaning to, her eyes sought out Moro. If it had been five years earlier, both would have been ecstatic. For an instant, even Gin felt a little bit of that old fire ignite in her; like there was actually hope that things could just pick up where they left off. But she knew all too well, things were just never that simple; especially feeling such a mixture of longing and resentment. Seconds passed, and she could feel his eyes on her. There was a moment where she wanted him to see how sorry she was, how much she missed him. And then she remembered how much she hated how he had treated her; even if she had deserved it in part. As quickly as her heart had seemed to melt, it froze over. Her defenses went up immediately and she turned her head, nose turned up to the ceiling slightly.

She listened to the rest of the speech, satisfied with the points both speakers had presented. 'Whatever happens, we must work as a whole unit.' However much she disliked working with her male peers, it was time that change now. This was no time to let her past interfere with her work, and she most certainly did not want to retire herself from this. Protecting the village was priority over all else.

Just as things seemed to quiet down, a white mask was presented to each, and she blinked. She hadn’t necessarily been prepared for this, and didn’t have any design in mind.. if that was what was expected of them. ’Shit, better start thinking now I guess.’ You think someone who had been in the ANBU for this long would expect something like this? Think again.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
KaiKai walked at a quickened pace to reach the great hall that was their meeting area for the ANBU assembly. He felt naked without a puppet attached to him but he had deemed it inappropriate to be carrying a deadly weapon into what was a formal assembly. He made his way into the hall and took his place among his fellow AiT. He stood in place as the rest of the ANBU corps filed into the room. They looked fewer than they had before when he had first joined not too long ago. It had been a hard year on all of them. KaiKai was not exactly happy to be here, he had very important work he was attending to in regards to a poison formula that acted as a neuro-toxin but at a slowed rate so as not to hinder the motor functions of the body. But this was more important in the eyes of his regent commander and so thus it was more important to him... Sort of.

The speech and presentation given by the commander was, moving for most and KaiKai even felt a tiny bit of kin ship toward his ANBU brethren, he really did enjoy being apart of the branch and he was grateful for the protection it also provided him with when he was younger. But KaiKai had only ever felt close to a few of the ANBU and some of them were gone now, and others were just not present at all. This became especially apparent when Vice Commander Masao took the stage and announced his and Enma's promotion. A smile grew across KaiKai's face as he realized that his name had been called and he felt a pat on his back from someone he didn't know, and he looked about the room fro Enma so that they could share in this accomplishment together, but could not find him. KaiKai suddenly felt very secluded, and his smile waned but he bowed to his Vice Commander and Regent Commander in thanks and respect.

KaiKai wondered what this meant for him now. Would he get more important missions? Would he be let in on some secrets? Nothing was certain for him but if he was anything he was curious.

"....I want a cigarette..." he muttered feeling that pang for his bad habit. Just as he spoke this a table rose on front of him covered in paints and brushed and a blank white mask in front of every ANBU. KaiKai just stared down at his and wondered what he would do with it, he was an engineer of puppets not an artist. He'd be lucky if he could get a stick figure onto the mask.

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2Mogh-NY8&feature=related

Moro strode into the room dedicated, for today’s address, to the entire corps, with the rest of the nameless rank and file. Men and women whose gaunt faces and shattered temperaments he had already spent countless hours fighting and dying alongside; when he saw the faces of Rin and Masao, all he could think about as the sand imperceptibly crunched under his boots, was that fateful night in this very complex years ago when everything had changed. Masao himself, known only as Mordgeld then, had struck the final blow against the traitorous Reiner-Giest and his cronies using wave after wave of gigantic walls of sand. The taste of blood in his mouth was overwhelming. The images of the walls of sand crushing the life out of those traitors, before had been the subject of countless nightmares, now only brought a harlequin grin to Moro’s features.

Spilling blood was a part of him now, was as much a part of him as blinking or breathing. The child that Moro was had died the night of the October Rebellion, and it was only fitting, nay, prudent that he follow orders from the same two commanders that he had that night. Anxiety didn’t factor into things anymore. Another day, another war, another victory. They had a habit of blending together after the fact, yet he could remember each one so clearly in the moment. What happened to me?

The time for introspection was over, as Rin, who Moro could probably could on both hands the amount of sentences he had even heard the woman speak, launched into one of the most seemingly out of character speeches he had ever heard. Maybe he just didn’t know the woman anymore. Then again, had he ever really known her? Did he really know anyone? When Rin touched upon inter-corps relationships, he couldn’t help but seek her out. It took him a couple precious seconds to meet her eyes, but he was glad he did. What he saw there gave him hope, even if it was slight. Not for him, not for them, together, but for her. Seeing a spark of light come back into her gaze for a split second was worth everything that had happened to him to date. If she can be happy, then so be it. I will fight these wars for eternity if that’s what it takes.

Masao then stepped forward, offering promotion to two trainees and two Masks, to squad captain. No words of congratulations were shouted. Only silent embraces and looks. Everyone gathered in this room knew it was no cause for celebration. I’ve gotta take those two trainees out for a drink, if they survive this war. The thought that he himself might not survive remained unspoken. It had been that way for a long time.

Tables appeared in the spaces between the ranks, Moro picked up his mask and looked up expectantly. He was no artist, he would probably slop a few designs on his mask and call it a day. Of course, there was always room for improvement if he could find the time. You wanted your mask to shout "friendly", but not unique enough to be picked out of a crowd...

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A meeting for the ANBU only and all of them were required to come. How intriguing indeed this would be for the ANBU. He was at the Haku complex (or mansion as some may call it) in his room preparing for the meeting. He had received word that he would be gaining the rank of Captain. His emotions about this were mixed. Yes this is what he wanted and yes, he obviously was ready if his two commanding officers said he was ready. But did the young man doubt even himself? slightly yes, he did.

A knock came at his door. He looked over at it suspiciously and then felt that same dark and evil aura that everyone seemed to hate. "Come in Kein-sama" A small and releiving smile came over him as he saw the demonic jounin come through the door way. The man had a certain aura about him that no one other than Shino really enjoyed. Sadly enough, Shino worshipped Kein a little bit more than his own uncle Yomoko. "Nervous about today?" Shino looked over to him, throwing on his Kimono, looking out the window away from the man. "Not at all." Kein laughed a little more loudly than called for. "What a joke kid. DOn't worry about it. You'll be just fine. Myself and Yomoko will be at the ceremony as well. Make the clan proud." Shino looked to him and nodded. He would make them all proud, especially Kein.

yomoavy_zpsa7ec3805.jpg
Kein2-1.png
Yomoavy.png

Jeada Shino, Ushiromayu Kein and Jeada Yomoko (respectively, inorder of pictures above) all showed up together however Shino was brought to the front of the room to sit and Yomoko and Kein stayed towards the back of the room. All three listened to the speech that Rin had given to everyone. None of it phased any of them inparticularly. They knew what their jobs were and what they were all capable of doing as well as what had to be done. Yomoko and Kein, supposedly retired, still do small jobs on the side only for two people. One being the Raikage himself and the other bring Yomoko's ANBU master, the Commander herself, Santaru Rin. If something sticky needed to be done and it needed to be off the books, these two retires were the ones to do it. If any legality came into it, they were retired so have no official affiliation to the village other than that was their home. Agents that were loyal to Kumo yet did their jobs not under Kumo's uniform or laws, if need be. Not that Shino would know any of that. Officially he was of too low of rank to know. only Captains, Sennin and the Raikage would and can know, Medical chiefs as well but only to a very limited amount of information.

Once Shino's name was called as well as Joukuu, someone Shino had heard of but never met personally until now, he rose his head to them in acknowledgement and bowed to them both and then took his place back within the crowd of ANBU. As far as Rin was concerned, the ANBU would be a family and Rin would be the mother figure. Nurturing them, but not babying them.

Masao had signaled for something and tables rose from the floor with blank white masks on them with brushes as well. SHino looked over to Yomoko and Kein. Both had pulled theirs out. Kein's was all black with a silver cross on the forehead. Yomoko's was all blue with six eyes on the front of the mask. Each mask was unique to its owner. SHino thought long and hard to what his would be. What would he make his look like.

Ice... His final words were that were thought inside of his head as he listened for instruction from his commanding officers.

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What happened? Where did everything go? Last thing Joukuu remember was that he was in an office talking about his mission with Masao to the sennin, having just returned from his journey around the world. Then the world had turned black, and there nothingness for seemed like months and months. Then all of a sudden, it was like boom. The lights went on and everything had changed. No wonder he was finding it hard to do anything!

Joukuu was one of the first people to arrive in the complex for today’s meeting. Since returning and settling back in the village, the revitalized ANBU had been working hard to make sure the village he loved was safe. Standing tall in front of the room, Joukuu waited for the meeting to begin.

His look changed a little bit since the “Blackout” which he thought he was the only one to receive. He was still in his black leather jacket, his hands in his pockets. The jacket itself was unzipped revealing that lightning yellow t-shirt, which now he always seemed to sport. Now though the emblem of cloud which had been moved to his forehead to cover the seal of truth which Minamoto Taro had placed right in the middle of his forehead was now gone. As a result, the teenager’s shiny emblem was still over the first scar he had received, and that was on his left bicep. The symbol of truth still was on his body; now though, it was right on the center of his neck covered by the purple silk scarf that he wore. He still had on the white cream color pants, and the brown leather boots that he normally wore. Still too were the two blades that clung to the lithe teenager’s waistline.

Sitting about three shinobi over from Jeada, Joukuu was listening intently to his sennin speak. He did not know though what was about to happen. In fact, the promotion was about to shock the teenager, because he had failed to get the man who had gotten stopped at the gates and then escaped. Instead though when Masao began to speak, he announced that both he and the person to right had been promoted. Slowly, Joukuu stood revealing himself as he just nodded drawing a breath. He did not really know why, but somehow he did it. He was one step closer to becoming sennin, and now was going to be able to help the village even more.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Let us put old crimes behind us!" Rin stepped forward and lifted her mask high before the assembled ANBU. The indigo-painted demon mask leered down at them, each alike in its eyes. The Sennin's chakra rippled, visibly forming a dozen hands of shadow to grasp her old mask and hold it aloft. With a shuddering pulse of power, the ceramic cracked and then was crushed into countless fragments. "Old shells must fall away! All things which live are become new. ANBU, lift the brushes before you--these are the first strokes of our new life! Trainees--you are the first generation of trainees to officially obtain a blank in anticipation of your promotion! On the day you paint your masks, remember these, your brothers and sisters!"

Ceramic dust littered the stage at her feet. A few handseals handily erased the remains, leaving neither hazard nor evidence behind. That mask had been her eldest companion and enemy in the Corps, and now it was gone. She felt at last freed; each day leading up to this had weighed more heavily upon her than the last, and now the thing was done. She had only to paint her next mask. Part of her had also wanted to destroy the mask of her ancestors, but what good would that have done? She'd worn it only rarely herself, and though there was no one to follow her on the ANBU's path, perhaps she might bequeath it to what remained of the Santaru clan. The technology behind the old thing was no longer quite the same as the modern iteration of the coveted ANBU mask, so there was little risk in making a sealed gift of the thing after her death.

She looked on at her people. Many were now dead or disappeared who belonged here. She felt that their spirits would make themselves known over time... The ghosts of those fallen along the way might manifest in some small way in the camaraderie she hoped to enkindle here. The esprit d'corps... Living and dead, the Kumo ANBU were all links in a chain that stretched back to the beginning of the discipline of Kumogakure no Sato, before the place was even known as "hidden." That type of history could be an anchor or a ball and chain; she was never too certain herself, and could only wait and see forever.
The last round will be next week. Feel free to post multiple times, in or out of order, until then. Once Rin leaves the topic, the event is over. Anyone registered in the ANBU prior to the end who has not posted by then will be removed from the ANBU.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The destruction of the demonic mask had a definite impact on the audience. Though they had already been silent, there was new level of intensity to the meeting, somehow. Kosei didn't know what the mask was, or who it represented, if anyone, and he doubted that other did either, but there was something about it... something that made it feel like it had significant importance.

Kosei leaned on the bench, tapping his brush on the table while resting his head on his hand. He looked around, and saw that most people were already hard at work on their masks. While yes, he did know what he wanted, he didn't know if he would be able to do it without messing up, and he wanted it to be perfect. After a minute of consideration, he looked up with sudden inspiration, and dipped his brush in the cyan colored paint. Smileing, he drew five evenly spaced straight lines vertically across the mask. It was a different design than what he'd originally intended, but he liked it much better, and it was simple. He held it up as to inspect it and make sure the lines were perfectly straight, so that he could wipe them off and redo them if it were necessary. But, with his skill (more like his luck), they were all up to his standard. Someone near him started to yell, but caught himself just before he'd let some obscenity blurt out. Turning to look, Kosei realized why: he'd spilled paint all over his mask. After Kosei turned back around, he sighed and looked over to see what KaiKai was doing.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
KaiKai stared at his mask for a long time before even picking up the brush. This was the first thing he would do as an official ANBU agent... And he would probably screw it up. KaiKai looked to all of his fellow ANBU and saw them all hard at work slapping paint this way and that or being extremely careful and detailed with each line being expertly placed. KaiKai heard a guy knock his paint all over his mask and nearly begin yelling curses but caught himself. KaiKai didn't think that was such a bad idea and was about to pick up some of his paint and dump it all over his mask. Then he realized this was probably a horrible plan and set it down, looking up to see Kosei.

KaiKai gave him a wan smile and pointed down at his mask giving him an exasperated expression. Then KaiKai got an idea for his mask, something that was artistic (at least he thought so) but undeniably easy to do. KaiKai using his steadiest arm and hand lifted up a paint brush from a deep sea greenish blue paint and placed the brush onto the very center of the mask and painted a large thick line down the chin the of mask. It was basic yes, but KaiKai liked it and he lifted it up with pride to show Kosei.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Amazing that she kept it intact up til now, Masao thought to himself as he beheld his wife's very public destruction of the indigo-colored demonic visage she had once painted many years ago. There was no one left now besides Rin and he who understood the true significance of indigo: the defining color of the Giri Bannin of Tenshoku Hokousha. Everyone else in the room had either begun their careers after the events of the October Rebellion or shortly before, in the cases of Moro and Gin. They only knew of Tenshoku as a disbanded unit from another age that was now for all intents and purposes irrelevant. They would never know the true extent of what was spurred by the inner circle of the Fourth Raikage's personal guard, and how they had changed the village, and for that matter, changed the destinies of two young shinobi. Rin had gotten the brunt of the torment from the early days, which was something he always regretted above all other crimes he had committed over the course of his life.

As for his original mask, the indigo tanuki he had once painted, all he remembered was that it had probably gone up in an explosion in Port Cirrus years back, along with his favorite blade at the time - he had woken up in the rubble without those items, and had never gone back to search the area for them. If it had not shattered in the shock wave and blast, it was now buried under tons of debris and now most likely compacted into the ground forevermore, under the newest layer of repaving and rebuilding. He had from that point onwards, ceased to wear a personal mask. Still, though, this was an opportunity to at least put some personal touches on what was otherwise a generic white face-protector. It was a useful thing to have in the field, capable of stopping even the .308 caliber bolt fired by the Imperial Army's SA-14 before it shattered. One was also able to add any number of adjunct devices to it, such as communicators, respirators, or NVG technology.

Walking off the stage to a nearby unoccupied workstation, conveniently next to Shino and Joukuu, he set to work. The thing was one day going to be his deathmask anyway, so he reasoned that he might as well save the Hospital the trouble. With a few dabs of black and gray (he had always been a decent amateur artist), he finished his creation. A Death's Head leered back at him. Not quite as cute as the Tanuki had been, but then again, he was in a more somber mood these days. He turned to the other two men.

"Congratulations to you two. As you know, part of your new duties will be to raise and help train squads of operatives. Both of you should submit to me the details of your planned squads, their emblem, motto, etcetera, as well as a rank list of which operatives and trainees you're choosing. I'll expect the details by Monday. Think hard about what you want your men and women to become," he said to them.

Tsukino Dante

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OOC: Good God, where did my muse go? This feels so shoddy. TT_TT))

Shiro was standing in the back of the room; he had payed attention to the whole speech but didn't seem all too moved by it (surprise, surprise). He had kept a small notebook on hand, and whenever a key note was made about organization or rulings he promptly wrote it down. But in a small bit of oddity, whenever he finished writing a page of notes he would promptly remove the sheet from the book and ignite it with a small spark of chakra, leaving little to no evidence of him actually ever writing the note.

He took a small look around at the other ANBU members in attendance; who were they supposed to be to him? Friends? Comrades? Maybe even soul mates? The commanding officers might have believed that, Shiro wasn't quite as convinced. Allies? For now, that was true, and yet a far more cynical thought was running through his mind; anyone in this room could potentially be killed in action, or worse, turn traitor. He needed to remain as distant as he could; otherwise he'd be at risk, and that was unacceptable. He wouldn't voice this, though; he was only a trainee, it wasn't his place to say those things. He would just keep listening. The only thing of note from that point on (at least from Shiro's perspective) was the new captains, he might be serving under either of them very soon, it would be a wise idea to examine whatever records were within his level of classification. Hopefully, he'd learn something about how these men fared on the field.

At the end of the speech-making, sets of worktables rose up from the ground. On each table there was a white mask and some paints and brushes. The operatives and captains assembled were instructed to paint these masks. Shiro held back at first, watching as the ANBU and eventually even some of the Trainees started to paint these masks. After a while Shiro walked up to one of the work stations in the back and stared at the mask, somewhat puzzled. He was never one to care much for 'artistic spirit'... he continued to watch as those assembled used the paints to make their own patterns on the mask, some with a bit more enthusiasm than others. Eventually, Shiro grabbed one of the brushes and dipped it into a red colored paint. With the colored brush; he made a quick stroke diagonally across the mask in front of him; leaving what would oddly resemble a bleeding cut (Shiro, you silly emo kid, you).

Shiro looked at the now painted mask for a few seconds as he put the paint brush down, then he took a few steps back towards the outer edge of the room, waiting to see if anything else would happen before they were dismissed.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Akkuma listened until their superior had finished he felt joy at the thought of getting to design his own mask, the blue haired shinobi began to paint the whole mask blood red tone. After he'd done this he waited for the paint to dry before painting around both of the eye holes a ripple pattern that were painted to give the effect of a tunnel to the eyes. This was done in a pure black shade, once the paint dried he then brushed a finish and shine layer once this had dried he was satisfied with the mask. 'This mask shall be my only true identity only my enemies and my closest comrades will know me by this mask. We are the shadow of Kumogakure those who have given and would give their lives doing everything within their power to protect the village of Kumogakure and the Raikage. We are the spectres that strike fear in our enemies, for we will fulfill our purpose that is assured.' he thought to himself. The plain white mask he had been wearing until now was placed onto the table next to the completed mask, he gave a devilish grin he loved his mask.

The uchiha's hood was tilted down looking at the mask his long spiky almost sapphire blue hair hung down around his face, his features would be hidden from all still. He waited like a silent statue waiting for the next command now was not the time for him to socialize as he thought of it. Akkumas eyes were closed as he listened to the ongoings of his peers their idle chatter, the sounds of some successes and the occasional sound of disappointment at making a mistake. The statue-like shadow stood there with a variety of things on his mind one of the more pressing things were who would be his squadmates and who would their captain be? 'Best not to fret about it yet I'm sure I'll succeed in whichever squad I'm in, I'll ensure my comrades safety.' he thought to himself before sighing briefly annoyed with himself. He didn't like thinking about things and making plans, so he needed to stray away from the thought of squads at the moment. So for now he simply stared at the design of his mask with a satisfied smile on his face, this was a day he had been waiting for since he was a small child.

Risu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Risu chilled in the coveted corner spot of the room, gently rocking her head to the beat of the latest song that damn music obsessed Hashigaki had cooked up. It was stuck in her head. And it was good, but it was stuck in her head. This was only a problem because it made her feel like dancing, and not participating in a meeting for an elite organization that was basically a combination of special forces and military police. Dancing during your commanding officers' speech was, last she heard, not exactly the path one wanted to take. Also, Rin would shoot her.

Not that the speeches were bad, not that she wasn't paying attention. Risu was just already clued into most of these developments, or rather the fact that something was going to happen. After recent and current happenings with the Ryuu conflict with Imperial forces, talks with Rin herself and the general shifting and mumbling of the grapevine these sort of changes were almost to be expected. Perhaps moreso coming from her recent return and fresh view of not only the ANBU, but the village as a whole. To be honest, Risu was more concerned with the Hunter Division then sitting here and drawing a new mask. There were things to be sorted out with it, things she felt that Rin had entrusted to her, and that the village required of her. She would stay only until she felt her presence was no longer necessary.

Things to do, people to meet. Music to dance to.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin followed Masao, retrieving for herself a blank. She had provided for a generous array of colors; previously, her units had been encouraged to all use similar hues, and she expected that that indoctrination would generally carry the day even now. Most people seemed to very much enjoy color-coding. It provided a short-cut for identifying rivals and allies... And an easily hijackable code.

Her brush hesitated over the white surface. Her old mask had been more complex. The Raijin mask she'd left behind was even more complicated, and set from a custom mold. This one could benefit from neither tactic. She could modify its shape in the future, but for now, her greatest utility would stem from uniformity. With delicate daubs and decisive slashes, she marked up the white mask with red, black, and gold until the face of a hannya glared hungrily back.

Her talking points were done for the meeting, so she remotely shut off the projector and left, leaving the rest of the Corps to paint their masks.

OOC: Congratulations! Everyone made it. As a reward for attending, all AiTs in the topic got to prematurely receive a painted ANBU mask. Consider it like pre-order DLC!

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shino stood there looking over at the blank masks. Some of them were wolf shaped, some were fox shaped and others were a regular oval shape. Shino picked up the wolf formed mask, looked it over and then set it back down. The same process with the fox style mask. The designs didn't suit him well. So he took the oval shape mask and decided this would be his mask. He made the whole mask silver with a blue marking on the forehead, the symbol for loyalty. His black hair flowed behind the mask now on his face. He looked to Yomoko and Kein. Both of them nodded their heads in a bow and approval of the new position in the ANBU and also his new ANBU mask. He looked to Masao and spoke to him. "The details will be on your desk in full. Missions for my squad can begin immediately if necessary." He grabbed his mask and then bowed to Masao and nodded his head to Joukuu. He walked away and on his way out he looked straight at Kosei and Kaikai. He went over to them both, one at a time and said "I'll be seeing you very soon. Be ready when you get the call."

He moved towards the exit, motioning for Yomoko and Kein to follow him. He had preparing to do. A meeting to arrange and a squad to get going on their duties.

[topic left]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, he's being polite today. Perhaps Yomoko whupped him a bit, thought Masao in response to Shino's unusual decorum and, well, respect for the chain of command.

"Excellent, Captain. I'll look forward to the details and update the roster accordingly. I trust you all with Hayata-sama's life," he said in response. For now, unfortunately, all missions were on hold. Sure, there was work to be done, but it would not be fair at all to the lower ranked shinobi or economically feasible for the village as a whole to expend its resources in men, weapons, jutsu, and most importantly of all, time, and never be reimbursed for their efforts, even retroactively. "You too, Joukuu. Don't look so glum. It'll all be okay in the end."

The paint had dried on his Death's Head, and Rin had started to leave. Now, he needed to talk to her further about the way the corps was to be handled. He stopped by Risu, and whispered in her ear.
Trolling_Flop_Clips.jpg

[Topic left, sorry, short post.]

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
There was an ominous smile on Akkumas face as he picked up his new mask placing on, this was now who he was the only truth of his identity. The life he lived was all a cover for his duty to Kumogakure and he loved it with every fibre of his body, it was deniable he possessed the perfect fanatical love for Kumo and its Raikage. Other shadows proceeded to exit once the commanders had, the red eyed blue haired Uchiha began to follow the procession of shadows. Now he'd go home drink a large supply of sake and revel in his new accomplishment, to the seventeen year old youth felt an undeniable comradely with those of his branch. Indeed they would be the ones to know him better than anyone else, for they all shared the similar fates and their love for the Raikage and Kumogakure bound them together.

Once he was able to he'd proceed to sprint home eager to begin his meditation on the days events and to think about what he needed to do, there was so much he wanted to accomplish. Not too mention he had to begin preparations for the clan so much needed to be done in such a short time. He wondered if he would be able to accomplish what he wanted too but then again he had the faith of his clan. That would have to be enough after all he wouldn't fail them, there was simply no room for it therefore he wouldn't let it happen. But along with all this he was intent on getting his Anbu rank and soon, there was going to be no stopping him until he achieved what was necessary.
Topic Left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back